Reunited: Light/Dark Tan German Shepherd Female
- Dog ID 37701
- Status Reunited
- Registered 06 Mar 2012
- Name POOR CONDITION
- Breed German Shepherd
- Gender Female
- Colour Light/Dark Tan
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Unknown
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost
- Where Lost
- Lost In Region
- Lost In Post Area
- Date Found 05 Mar 2012
- Where Found Hattersley Road - Found in garage at empty property - does not belong to owner of house as he is elderly and has been in hospital for four months. Family went to clear house and found dog in there.
- Found In Region Central
- Found In Post Area CV10
- Date Reunited 06 Jul 2012
- Other Info Wearing felt harness and dark collar
- Phone 1 07970 289641
- Phone 2
- Listed By JD
- Views 5390
- See more Reunited dogs
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-07-14 20:17 janiejewel1649
- This is fantastic news. Am thrilled that Star won "Best Rescue Dog" and that she has a new home: you deserve it star. You are a * Have a great life:-)xxx
- 2012-07-12 23:51 SanBarn
- That's lovely - Best Rescue Dog,what a clever girl,well done! xx
- 2012-07-12 21:31 Millys Mum
- What a clever girl for winning Best Rescue Dog and clearly well deserved. Obviously Star and her 'new' Dad were made for one another.. x
- 2012-07-12 21:31 Julie
- Brings happy tears to my eyes that she has done so well and gone on to win Best Rescue Dog. Well done to everyone that has helped this lovely girl and especially her lovely owner. With love to both of you. Julie x
- 2012-07-12 21:18 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Way to go Star!! I'm sure your new Dad is very proud of you and your rosette
- 2012-07-12 19:29 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi, so chuffed for her and her lovely new owner. Thanks.
- 2012-07-09 21:25 JD
- Star recently won Best Rescue Dog at our show! Her owner thanks everybody for their good wishes and has asked me to let you all know that she is very loved and incredibly spoilt. Thank you for all your lovely comments. Star by name, and Star by nature :)Last edited: 2012-07-09 21:26:48 by JD
- 2012-07-08 11:47 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Good luck lovely girl x Have a happy life with your new family xx
- 2012-07-07 17:58 digbysmum
- Such good news! Have a long and happy life, lovely Star xx
- 2012-07-06 22:43 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- So very pleased at this outcome. Have a happy life Star with people who care about you.
- 2012-07-06 19:59 Jayne - Head Office
- Tx for the update...lucky,happy girl...
- 2012-07-06 17:48 Millys Mum
- How lovely! I'd often wondered how she was doing. Sounds like she fallen on her feet (or should I say paws) and nice to hear that she also has new furry brothers or sisters. I hope Star has a long, healthy and happy life. Thank you to the lovely gentleman who decided he couldn't part with her. I just love happy endings!
- 2012-07-06 17:16 lesleyjane
- Well done everyone involved in Star's rescue and treatment, have a lovely life in your new home you lucky girl.x
- 2012-07-06 14:53 Angelmort
- Fab! x
- 2012-07-06 14:32 Shereen
- Its so amazing to see Stars happy smiley face!!! she is so beautiful.Amazing! have a great life sweetheart.Xxx
- 2012-07-06 13:48 jobadger
- What absolutely fabulous news. I'm so very pleased this gorgeous girl is happy and well and loved. She's come on leaps and bounds since Coventry and Nuneaton RSPCA took her in and I'm so pleased for her new owner. He's sooooo lucky. xxHave a long and happy life Star! xx
- 2012-07-06 13:24 jenny4
- What a wonderful happy ending .....well done to the new owner for taking her in..I wish there were more people like you xx
- 2012-07-06 12:15 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Brilliant news...was thinking about her the other day xx
- 2012-07-06 09:59 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi All, you may wish to know how this lovely girl has got on and here is a response from her new owner, a gentleman:
I am pleased to say that I have adopted Star and she is now living at home with me my manic border collie and the Midge the Cat. I fell in love with her the from the moment I met her she is incredibly bonded with me and there was just no way I could have tried to rehome her.
She is good health, no on-going problems whatsoever and she continues to keep the said Border Collie in check.
Thanks for your support she will remain with me now forever
A very happy ending for this lovely girl.
- 2012-03-29 20:07 Claire Weston Turville
- Brilliant to see her now. Thank you for letting us know as I don't use facebook. xxx
- 2012-03-29 18:59 janiejewel1649
- So pleased Star is doing well. Thanks for the update JD. Sending Star loads of hugs again.
- 2012-03-27 22:46 JD
- I saw Star yesterday and she looks amazing! Her skin has completely healed and her fur is growing back rapidly. She is a sweetheart, and very loved by the staff x
- 2012-03-20 16:31 Marge
- How is this pretty girl doing .I was convinced she would be PTS.so pleased to see shes still hear and getting better,,,XXXXX
- 2012-03-19 00:22 Amanda Still Missing Gabby :-(
- To see photos of Stars progress please follow this link-
- 2012-03-16 20:33 janiejewel1649
- Amanda. Thank you so much for the update on Star. I am thrilled that she is doing so well:-)xxx Sending her lots of love a cuddlesxxxxxx
- 2012-03-16 18:06 Amanda Still Missing Gabby :-(
- Star is going from strength to strength thanks to the fantastic care she's receiving from the RSPCA staff. Her skin is improving and she's up on her feet far more. Fantastic news for a dog who's future looked so bleak 10 days ago. :-)
- 2012-03-15 18:56 janiejewel1649
- Is there any more updates on Star yet please?
- 2012-03-13 18:49 janiejewel1649
- jobadger. Forgot to mention that I have managed to donate to Star`s fund. (Wonders will never cease). THANKS AGAIN. Hope She will find her forever home when she is fully recovered. This comes with lots of pats and cuddles from mexxxxxx
- 2012-03-12 21:11 janiejewel1649
- So pleased to see that Star is doing so well. Sending her loads of hugs and kissesxxx
- 2012-03-12 18:56 JD
- For anyone struggling to find Star's updates, here is a link that you can copy and paste into your search bar - Star is much better today and is wandering around the kennels kitchen having hugs from everyone. She looks so much happier and her skin is healing well :) https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rspca-Coventry-Nuneaton-and-District-Branch/117921198292547
- 2012-03-10 11:25 janiejewel1649
- Hi jobadger. Thanks for your help and advice. Will give it a whirl. Thanks again.
- 2012-03-10 09:00 jobadger
- Hi janiejewel649 - click on http://www.justgiving.com/rspcacoventrystar
This takes you to Star's page - click on donate and enter amount you wish to give.
I then just entered my email address for a receipt and paid through Paypal but you can also pay with a debit/credit card - in which case you'll need to fill in all your details that come up on the next page. Hope this helps - so glad the girl is doing good! xxLast edited: 2012-03-10 09:00:28 by jobadger
- 2012-03-09 23:53 JD
- Thank you so much to everyone who has sent a donation for Star. She is improving by the hour and getting a lot of love and attention (no less than she deserves) she is like another dog altogether. New pic uploaded xx
- 2012-03-09 22:12 janiejewel1649
- Pleased Star is doing ok. Have tried to donate but cant find the relevant page to do so. Me trying to donate online is a lost cause im afraid. Can someone help please? Nice easy steps. Thanks
- 2012-03-09 19:15 racheljane
- I have made a donation for Star, you are all doing a fantastic job. It nice to know there are still some nice caring people in the world . Hope you are feeling a bit better little lady xx
- 2012-03-09 13:52 AkitaTaz
- Wishing you all the luck in the world Star, I am sure that you will find your forever home where you will be truely loved and safe. Pennies sent to help you get better. xx
- 2012-03-09 08:48 jobadger
- I'm so sorry you've had to put up with the nasty side of people who have sad little lives - and I'm so glad this old lady is picking up and is getting the kind of care she needs in her twilight years. I've just been over to her page and will be sending some pennies tomorrow. Keep up the good work - for every one person who whinges - there are a thousand who appreciate everything you do. xx I've posted Star's just giving page on my FB page.Last edited: 2012-03-09 08:52:42 by jobadger
- 2012-03-08 23:50 JD
- :) Smiling for two reasons - Star is looking better already, and thank you for the lovely comments :) Glenn has set up a Just Giving page for Star on this link http://www.justgiving.com/rspcacoventrystar - they would be incredibly grateful for any help anyone can offer as they get NO funding from RSPCA as with most of these smaller, local branches. Glenn tells me that he noticed today that Star has brighter eyes full of hope today. X
- 2012-03-08 23:45 Tara H
- JD ....Like other people who have commented , please do not be bothered or stressed about the nasty negative phone calls you have had
Abandoned dogs need all the help they can get from people like you.... I do not know you personally but have read that you do admirable great work for poundies. Thanks for keeping us all up to date about this lovely GSD and lets hope she gets better soon.
There are plenty of nice people about who totally negate the nasty ones !
All the dogs you help say THANK YOU WOOF WOOF... ! x
- 2012-03-08 20:49 janiejewel1649
- Just checking up on Star; as for those nasty phone calls, all I can say is they must live a very sad and boring life if thats all they can think of to do. Anyway just ignore them, all that matters is getting Star back tol fujll health.
- 2012-03-08 11:45 Claire Weston Turville
- JD you have done a wonderful job and please continue to do so as I'm sure you will. So pleased that there are some nice people around who will do their very best for any animal. Well done. And kisses for Star - what a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. xLast edited: 2012-03-08 11:47:22 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-03-08 00:31 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Maybe we will never know why she ended up in the garage but the only way now is forward. Star is a lovely name JD, it resembles what you are yourself in helping these poor dogs.
- 2012-03-07 23:16 Annie
- Hi - What an incredibly sad and pitiful story. Both about Star and, indeed,JD. Please keep us updated about this poor girl's fate. I would be more than happy to donate towards her veterinary care. How? Can we set something up via this site, on the Noticeboard perhaps?
- 2012-03-07 23:16 Shereen
- Thats why I wanted to direct people to the FB page as it clearly says on there that Star has started her treatment and is expected to make a full recovery.Thank you to JD and everyone doing everything they can to help Star.~XXX
- 2012-03-07 22:35 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- JD - I am very upset that you have had distressing calls as a result of posting honest updates about this girl, for those that don't know JD works tirelessly to help rescue poundies and get these dogs to safety and should be treated in a manner befitting the work that she does.
I hope that you will be allowed to continue helping these dogs in need rather than being harrassed.
Star is safe and is not in danger of being PTS so please lets concentrate on trying to help fund her care and rehabilitation
- 2012-03-07 22:33 Angelmort
- JD - Sorry to read you’ve had some nasty phone calls, when all you’re doing is trying to help. Some people are like a ‘dog with a bone’, pardon the pun, when furnished with a small amount of info and not all the facts. Don’t let it get you down, you do a fantastic job. I really hope there is an owner searching for Star. I wouldn’t have thought if she had been dumped that they would have left a collar and harness on her that might be able to be traced back to them. Is someone postering around where she was found? X
- 2012-03-07 21:42 JD
- I have received a few nice phone calls today with offers of donations towards this girls vet fees. Sadly, I have received many nasty phone calls from people too and so my phone is now switched off and I will not be taking any further telephone calls regarding this. As I have stressed below, the RSPCA is NOT going to put this dog to sleep. She has been to vets today, been diagnosed and given medication and we are told that she will have vastly improved in a weeks time. The update from the Manager of the branch, who is highly upset about comments regarding the work he and his team do, is thus: "Quick update - firstly we have called this lady Star and i am in love shes just the most gentle and beautiful girl. I took her straight to the vets we use in Coventry as she looked so sore and in pain from her skin. To my surprise she jumped in and out the van at both ends although walking is sore for her she is quite sprightly, at an initial guess I think she is more likely around 9-10 years of age. The vet suspects the skin is down to a syndrome which he has not seen for a number of years called GSD Deep Pyoderma which only appears in some GSD's very rarely and creates these sore and infected areas of skin. There are no parasites evident which is a bonus. We will start treatment with a high dose of antibiotics, a good diet and malaseb baths every other day for the first week. We have had to clip her so we can clean her wounds and let the shampoo do its job. Lets just say we not dog groomers by trade so she is looking a little bit bedraggled. However she is bright, responsive and has not shown any signs of being anything but a loving dog, even when being lifted which must be sore. I will try to add some photos later but to my experience I think we will see a massive improvment within the week. Thankyou to the kind offers of raising funds for her treatment, any donations will be gratefully received. Although the greatest help will be needed in her finding the perfect home once we have her fit and well. Watchh this space. She is currently tucked up in her kennel on some duvets and we have padded the floor out to protecther sore pads". Can I please direct people to their fb page http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Rspca-Coventry-Nuneaton-and-District-Branch/117921198292547 for any further updates. We are in constant contact with Glenn the Manager, but all updates will now be posted on their page. What a shameful world we live in that not only do we have abandoned/abused/neglected dogs, but human beings feel the need to victimise the very people who work so hard to save these poor dogs lives.
- 2012-03-07 20:59 racheljane
- Poor old lady, how could anyone be so cruel, she looks so sad. Please Please don't allow her to be put to sleep. Its very kind of Simon to offer her a loving home in her twilight years, I am willing to donate something towards her treatment, just let me know the detail. I will say a little prayer for her and all the other lost doggies. xx
- 2012-03-07 20:41 janiejewel1649
- Please dont let Star be put to sleep. I am also willing to put something towards her health care. simon gsdr. What a kind gesture. I do hope she will be able to live out what she hasleft of her life with a caring and loving family/carer. AShe deserves it. The whole thing seems very strange to me. Sending Star absent healing and get well soon wishes with lots of cuddles and loads of kissesxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- 2012-03-07 19:48 Shereen
- you can see more details of this poor dog now named STAR on this page...
- 2012-03-07 17:23 simon gsdr
- I volunteer for a german shepherd rescue, I will foster her no problem, do not let this dog be pts unless absolutely necessary, even if she's quite poorly, I will nurse her.
- 2012-03-07 11:27 dewilliams42
- ITS A WONDER THE NEIGHBOURS DID'NT HEAR ANY BARKING, UNLESS OF COUSE THERE WER'NT ANY CLOSE NEIGHBOURS. MAYBE THE DOOR COULD HAVE BEEN AJAR, SHE SLIPPED IN TO LOOK AROUND AND THE DOOR BANGED SHUT.
- 2012-03-07 11:03 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- I doubt she has been in there 4 months as she would not have survived that long without food or water. What a horrible thing to happen to her. I hope the person who put her there is found. Seems very strange to me.
- 2012-03-07 10:27 BIGGSD
- IF there is a problem with funding for this girl we could IF needed start a appeal for this girl on the biggsd site
for her needs,If this is the case could the person directly involved here contact me on 01932 571268
- 2012-03-07 10:07 Vizsla55
- Poor baby, hope she can go to a loving home for the rest of her years and get the love and affection she needs. Sending loads of love. No need to be frightened anymore. xxxx
- 2012-03-07 10:00 Marge
- Im presuming the finders have asked neighbours ,and they confirm its not his dog,Last edited: 2012-03-07 10:01:19 by Marge
- 2012-03-07 08:38 dewilliams42
- I SUPPOSE IT IS POSSIBLE SHE COULD HAVE BEEN SHUT IN THE GARAGE ACCIDENTLY. SO SOMEONE COULD BE MISSING HER. HOPE SHE WILL BE OK.X
- 2012-03-07 00:12 flaggbag, Area Co-ordinator Stroud
- poor soul, i hope she can find a kind home to spend the rest of her days...
- 2012-03-07 00:06 migman34
- am I reading this worng............... has this poor little darling been in the garage for at least 4 months?? looking at her she could well have been xxx
Last edited: 2012-03-07 00:06:43 by migman34
- 2012-03-06 23:39 Shereen
- Bless that darling,will be following her progress and will donate if need be.Xxx
- 2012-03-06 23:14 mandyandsaffron
- Thats is very good to hear so the RSPCA never put a healthy dog that isnt very aggressive down then?
- 2012-03-06 23:08 jobadger
- Will happily donate towards her care - please let us know what's happening with her. Poor girl!
Thanks for your update Glenn - you're obviously faster on the button than me!Last edited: 2012-03-06 23:09:59 by jobadger
- 2012-03-06 23:06 JD
- From Manager of RSPCA Coventry: Glenn Mayoll
Hi all, i will make sure i keep angie up updated when she gets here (and if i get the time) feature her on our facebook page. I do have to highlight and break the speculation and gossip that the RSPCA Coventry, Nuneaton and District Branch along with many other branches of the RSPCA do not take having to put any animals to sleep lightly and in 2011 of the 350 plus dogs my centre took in 14 were euthanised due to health problems that were untreatable or severe behaviour problems that would put the dog itself, any handlers/humans or other animals at risk. I am very proud of what me and my team acheive and we will do our best for this lady !
- 2012-03-06 23:02 JD
- This dog will not be pts unless a vet deems her too ill to help. I am promised that they will advise me the outcome of the vets and if RSPCA will not fund treatment, we will find someone that will. As this could possibly be a cruelty case, it is important that the RSPCA are involved and necessary reports/investigations made. IF we had the funds, we would have sorted her ourselves, but we are already paying for boarding/vaccinations/neutering of four other dogs and have the grand total of £300 to do this with. I know firsthand what it is like to beg for rescue space around the country, I have been doing it every day for 5 months. All rescues are full to bursting, under resourced, under funded - it takes us weeks to find rescue space and this girl needs vet treatment NOW. I will raise your comments with the branch and get an update on her situation tomorrow.
- 2012-03-06 22:39 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Have cross posted via Rugby Pawprints to other sites in the hope someone knows who she is
- 2012-03-06 22:29 Folly
- I expect that she will be put to sleep then. How sad. She looks such a sweet old girl.
- 2012-03-06 22:27 mandyandsaffron
- Wont the RSPCA just kill her though due to her age and small chance of rehoming? i have heard rspca coventry DO put dogs down she would be far better of in a shelter that wont kill her such as the one at honiley. Poor old dog i do hope she goes to a decent rescue centre or owner is found :(
- 2012-03-06 21:32 JD
- Going to RSPCA in morning and they will take to vets for assessment.
- 2012-03-06 20:33 bignosesmum
- What pound is she at or has the RSPCA taken her??
- 2012-03-06 19:37 rachelnewf
- Dear God, poor darling. I really hope someone can take her in. Fancy shutting her in a garage. Hope she gets some love and cuddles no matter what the outcome.
- 2012-03-06 18:52 JD
- Currently in stray pound; hoping to get her to RSPCA tomorrow if they accept her. She is extremely thin, matted hair, sores over back end, possibly from flea bites. Aged approx 12 years old.