Lost: Tri Colour Collie Rough Female In North West (WN4)
- Dog ID 35894
- Status Lost
- Registered 03 Jan 2012
- Name EBONY STILL MISSING
- Breed Collie Rough
- Gender Female
- Age Adult
- Colour tri colour
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged Yes
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 02 Jan 2012
- Where Lost Garswood, Wigan
- Lost In Region North West
- Lost In Post Area WN4
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info **STILL MISSING** 6 years old. Missing while on a walk. MICROCHIPPED and SPAYED. She is very NERVOUS please do not try to catch her but contact a number. Ebony is PARTIALLY SIGHTED and did have a red collar on with ID. Please look out for her and join her FACEBOOK GROUP 'Missing tri rough collie Lancs WN4'. If FOUND she should be reported to the Council Dog Warden (which is the LAW)
- Phone 1 07783 105886
- Phone 2 07754 363203 or 01942 513404
- Reward? CASH
- Listed By Jayne - Head Office
- Views 10628
- Followers 1
- See more dogs Lost in WN4
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-02-06 19:31 mosspage
- may be worth a check
06 Feb 2013
Location: Bolton BL1
For further details call 0845 241 7253 (local rate)
to amend, email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our ref and full postcode, attach picture if available
- 2012-12-22 10:38 Tri's Mum
- Good morning all..could someone please tell me what was the outcome to this dog..only just spotted this comment..we still looking for Ebony..plus marley..honey.. and taz..thanks ..they are all tri rough collies..LASSIE xx
- 2012-11-12 10:23 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- No mention of black in this description of colour, but otherwise may be worth checking out?:
Found Dog (AFP134831)
Sex: not recorded
Colours: White, Grey and Brown
No collar or flea collar
Neutered: Not sure
Found on Sat 3rd Nov 2012 (1 week 2 days)
Found dog in Gloucestershire, United Kingdom, GL15
Dog found last night running along the road near Clanna static caravan park. He/she has long hair with brown and grey patches – looks like a lassie type of dog with a pointed nose and slight wavy fur. He/she seems quite old with either an eye problem/blind or partially sighted. Fur a little matted and is quite slim either due to age or the length of time he/shes been missing. Very friendly dog, no collar and no microchip Taken to Sundean vets in Lydney until Monday when the dog warden will be contacted. If you think you know this dog please call the vet ASAP
looks like Lassie
- 2012-08-22 19:02 twinks
- there a dog like this breed but unsure of sex of dog, N46 Ref 99/12 NORTH DURHAM on http://www.strayaction.com
- 2012-07-27 00:57 scootjockey
- Hi Jan I thought Id post someone has removed Ebony`s poster from its sleeve at Orrell water park! Dont know where your up to in your search but I thought it could be considered a bit strange,Ill spot her if she should appear with anyone. Stolen Tays mum x
- 2012-05-11 15:29 scootjockey
- Im always on the lookout for Ebony. Theres a poster on Orrell water parks and Ive spoke to the ranger about our missing dogs. Sorry the artical in Evening Post brought nothing. We had half page photo and artical of Tay and like you nothing but a hoax call. I really think the Reporter best paper to get them in as most households get this free paper. When were better fixed,as its expensive. All us in wigan area with missing dogs should get a front pager in there. Best wishes stolen Tays mum x
- 2012-05-07 16:52 janni0706
- This is the fb group to help to find Ebony.
- 2012-05-03 16:55 mosspage
03 May 2012
Location: Ashton-under-Lyne OL6
Gender: Not Known
- 2012-04-16 14:30 Janet
- After the large colour photo and article in the Evening post last week, almost full page altogether, we have had absolutely nothing at all from it, no news whatsoever about any possible sightings.
- 2012-04-12 20:41 Janet
- Ebony is in todays Wigan Evening Post, page 5, almost full page report with large colour picture.
- 2012-04-12 12:00 Unknown
- Yipee..lets hope this does the trick now & jogs someones memmo..Come Home Ebony.. All Paws Crossed.. xxx
- 2012-04-11 23:46 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Thanks Jan. Bumping Ebony due to the article in tomorrows Wigan Evening Post, will be Page 5. Keeping my fingers crossed it will bring some good news :)
- 2012-04-11 17:26 Janet
- Been told the article about Ebony will be in tomorrows wigan Evening Post
- 2012-04-10 21:45 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Thanks for updating us Jan, keeping everything crossed the Wigan Reporter brings some news. x
- 2012-04-10 21:16 Janet
- the wigan reporter are going to do a story about ebony :) will keep u posted as to when it will be in the paper
- 2012-04-01 10:37 CP
- Excellent idea, Jan. Thanks for keeping us all posted; I regularly dip in to see what's happening and if there's any news on Ebony. Do hope something positive is on the horizon soon.
- 2012-03-30 19:10 Janet
- I have made a list of all Vets in and around the area:- wigan, st. helens, billinge, rainford, ormskirk, chorley, leigh, warrington, etc. 64 in total and am sending new updated posters out to every single one.
- 2012-03-17 11:48 Janet
- just updating, we are still looking for Ebony, just got back from Viridor woods, but had no new leads at all. it is difficult atm because we have no car now, but doing our best ... ty everyone for your help and support
- 2012-03-11 07:22 ractom
- Received a reply from the lady who saw the dog.. sadly it was not Ebony:(
Another poor little one :(
- 2012-03-10 21:54 ractom
- Hindley Buy and sell have a post about a Collie spotted in Hindley Green
I have sent a message with Doglost details to see if same dog..
- 2012-03-10 19:17 Janet
- Had phone call about the quarry/lake near garswood ... but checked it out today and walked around with dylan for scenting and not seen anything unusual, but will check the area regulary.
Also checked Viridor wood ... been checking daily and met an elderly gentleman who has a very hairy tri border collie which could be mistaken for ebony, he hasnt seen any dog of ebony's description in the area and he walks there regularly, but we will also keep checking this area.
- 2012-03-09 08:19 Janet
- We are trying to get out to continue new postering but difficult atm because our car has been scrapped due to a major breakdown, so have no transport.
- 2012-03-05 19:08 Janet
- Been to viridor wood couple times not seen anything and walked our other dog there today, for scenting, but nothing unusual noticed, will go back again soon.
- 2012-03-03 19:11 rubberDucky
- I went over Viridor again yesterday and twice today but didn't see anything :( I'll keep going over there and keep you posted if I get any news.
- 2012-03-03 09:00 CP
- find ebony, regarding your posting on the thread dated 1/3/12 18:13, I would send an email direct to Doglost head office and ask for their guidance as they have the experience to give an expert answer.
- 2012-03-03 08:35 find ebony
- Thanks rubberducky my dad went to check as I work a lot I will be there this weekend and have a search I'll probably go tomorrow afternoon as Sunday seems to be the big dog walking day so hopefully I might see her or someone that knows the dog. Ebony was seen walking in hat direction when she went missing thanks again x
- 2012-03-01 19:35 rubberDucky
- Sorry not sure about the white on the nose, I wasn't close enough to see that.
I usually take my Border Collie over there all the time, but it's been really muddy the last few months so I've avoided going over there for the last month or so..
But in years of going over there with my dog I've never seen this woman or that rough collie.
- 2012-03-01 19:24 rubberDucky
- It's colours were just like the colours in your picture, it definatley wasn't a merle! I first saw it from a distance and thought it was a Border collie with the white tipped tail but as I got closer I noticed it was a Rough Collie.
I was on the path to exit the woods, I didn't want to follow the woman because it meant I was getting back on the woods, and if she was just walking her dog, it might seem freaky some guy just turned round and started to follow her. (I kinda wish I had now though!).
Hopefully will see her tomorrow!
- 2012-03-01 18:59 find ebony
- hiya thanks for keeping your eyes peeled, there is a rough collie in that area but a blue merle male do you know if the dog was a black white and tan? or a more grey colour? also ebony has a bit of white on her nose do you happen to see if it did? thanks again
- 2012-03-01 18:23 rubberDucky
- Hi, I just joined to say I saw a dog that looked like Ebony earlier today, although it may not be her, I thought I would let you know anyway.
I saw the dog being walked by woman aged 40 - 50ish on Viridor woods at 3:10pm this afternoon, the colours and markings looked just like Ebony. This is only a 15-20 minute walk from Golborne Road so it may be the dog you went to have a look at a while back.
I couldn't get a close look because we were on different paths but I will try to get over there agiain tomorrow around the same time incase she's there again.
- 2012-03-01 18:13 find ebony
- Thanks for everyone's help and support I think my parents general feeling is to take the posters down for a couple of weeks let the hype die down and who ever has her might slip up, I myself am unsure what's best I am going to speak to various papers etc and see about getting an article myself, but first would like to know if anyone has an idea if generally when dogs go missing and someone has stolen it is it best to keep it in everyone's faces or try cooling down and wait for them to slip up? Thanks again everyone x
- 2012-02-26 10:19 Janet
- There's been no more news or sightings of Ebony recently, except in Golborne Road again, but this has been checked and we have met the dog, it's a rough collie who walks with the owner without a lead.
- 2012-02-18 15:05 tigerseye
- Happy Birthday Dylan xx So sorry Ebony is not back home, still looking for her and sending lots of good wishes to bring her home xx
- 2012-02-17 18:38 Janet
- Dylan's 6 today ... happy birthday Dylan! Wish Ebony was here with you.
- 2012-02-14 21:15 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- The Champion gets great results and so does the St Helen's Star. Maybe worth trying them again to do a follow up story to highlight she is STILL MISSING. x
- 2012-02-10 18:05 Janet
- No further news on Ebony, we have phoned up about a larger article in local paper but very expensive but have to see what we can do, but unfortunately just couldnt manage front page.
- 2012-02-09 21:50 CP
- Don't mean to labour the point, Jan, but I see that a dog has been reunited with owner through front page article and picture of devastated family in Champion Newspaper 8th Feb. Chihuahua suspected of escaping through hole in garden fence North L'pl; finder passed on to relative in South L'pl. Family didn't realise it would make front page but are eternally grateful to Champion...
- 2012-02-09 10:08 CP
- Any news, Jan? Don't forget that newspaper article option if you feel in a position to go down that route. It will refresh peoples' minds as some time has now elapsed and there are those that could think she's been found; turning a page with a picture and article about Ebony missing as they read through a paper would attract more readers than those who make a decision to look in lost and found.... If you look at lost dog Gabby 23669 posting 24/1 you'll see someone has possibly recognised her picture in CMW and related it to a new dog arriving in the area at about the same time even though it was over 2 years ago...
- 2012-02-08 21:02 bossyboots
- I hope you find Ebony soon. Been following the post but I dont know the area. She is a beautiful girl and my prayers are with you.
- 2012-02-06 14:48 Janet
- We went to the farm at Higher Lane and the dog is a tri smooth collie not Ebony.
- 2012-02-05 16:24 Unknown
- Jan..did you go to the farm that was mentioned..did the man say it was a Rough or Border..the farms by there also lead to Crawford Village..have any posters been put up in Crawford xxx
- 2012-02-05 15:03 Janet
- Been to Higher Lane and saw nothing unusual, but plan to go back a few times.
- 2012-02-05 14:18 CP
- bob101, well spotted, but you'll see owner checked this dog out on 31/1 on her 20.52 posting and it wasn't Ebony. It seems AW were having trouble locating owners of this dog at that time.
- 2012-02-05 13:08 bob101
- KNOW YOU PROBABLY HAVE DONE THIS, BUT HAVE YOU TRIED
THERE ARE A FEW COLLIES FOUND FROM YOUR AREA..
Found Dog 28 Jan 2012
Our Ref: 258312 Location: Wigan WN4
For further details call 0845 241 7253 (local rate)
REGARDS BOBLast edited: 2012-02-05 13:12:02 by bob101
- 2012-02-05 10:46 CP
- Was Higher Lane productive in any way? With it being such a long road, thought you may need more eyes searching? If Ebony has become too hot to handle she could well be on the loose.
- 2012-02-04 17:12 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- This one has now been reunited with its owner:
03 Feb 2012 Rough Collie
Location: Liverpool L25
Gender: Not Known
Colour: Brown Tan
Markings: white chest
Our Ref: 258858
- 2012-02-03 20:08 CP
- Is the sighting more specific as Higher Lane is very long?
- 2012-02-03 19:57 CP
- Jan, when you check AW with millypod's suggestion, could you also check with them on 257816 on 22nd Jan. female tri collie Manchester M34 - you just never know. I did mention to Mark but can't see any reference on this page to it being checked out.
- 2012-02-03 18:26 Janet
- Not been able to check the possible sighting in Rainford out yet because only just got home from work, but will get onto it. Someone did speak to Mark about it. She is regersted on the Animal Wardens site and will check the collie mentioned below ... thx millypod.
- 2012-02-03 17:34 millypod
- Hi theres a rough collie on Animal Wardens site today
Found in L25
doesnt say gender
ref 258858 tel no 0845 241 7253.
Good Luck hope it was Ebony in Rainford.x
- 2012-02-03 15:56 Tracy
- Fingers crossed for you.XX
- 2012-02-03 15:26 Jayne - Head Office
- Had a call to HQ...sighted just now in a field behind Higher Lane, Rainford...sighter has been given owners number.
- 2012-02-03 01:06 scootjockey
- Have you registered Ebony with the West lancs animal warden?they also use LC and Dogs home.Our Tay was stolen from Orrell and they actually cover beyond Orrell,Ashurst Beacon come under them, have you given a poster to park rangers up there?they are very helpfull.Also Smooth FM Radio should give Ebony a mention, Good luck stolen Tays mum x Ps I did notice a damaged poster at Platt Bridge lights.x
- 2012-02-02 07:26 CP
- It's great to see that folk are taking notice of the posters and getting in touch though.
- 2012-02-01 17:20 Janet
- Had a call about a rough collie in Golborne standing around by itself - this has been checked out and we found the collie to be a blue merle male rough collie whom the owner walks without a lead and the dog sits and waits for the owner if the owner goes into a shop. So from this I think the Golborne/Golborne Road sightings can be taken as not being sightings of Ebony.
- 2012-02-01 07:53 CP
- So glad you did all that checking, Jan. I couldn't get any info about that found dog from the chap at Wigan Council, although he was trying to be helpful; and AW said they only knew the dog was found in Ashton-in-M and nothing more. Also, it's understandable now why this found dog, (258312), didn't have Reunited on her details after Mark being told that she was. All your visits and confirmations are very relieving..... C'mon Ebony try and give us some clues where you are sweetheart....
- 2012-01-31 20:52 Janet
- Phoned Animal Wardens again to make sure they still have our details and St Helens and Wigan do. Wigan said there dogs go straight to Leigh cat and dogs home. The collie on animal wardens site, number 258312 is at Leigh cat and dogs home and is a border collie who is microchipped but they are having trouble getting in touch with the owners. we went to Leigh cat and dogs home again today to actually look at the dog, it's not Ebony.
- 2012-01-31 20:48 Janet
- no dont think anyone has put posters up at Edge Hill University .. we'll try get donw there as soon as we can thanks.
- 2012-01-31 09:58 Unknown
- Jan..has anyone put posters up at Edge Hill University...just a thought..Ebony come home soon.. xxx
- 2012-01-31 09:04 Janet
- No further news on Ebony atm
- 2012-01-29 19:27 CP
- Have been in touch with owners who are grateful, Paula Marie, for this info. and have checked with AW. This was a Border Collie who has, thankfully, been reunited with her owner.
- 2012-01-28 16:18 Paula Marie
- Found B/W Collie dog WN4 Posted on Animal Wardens Ref 258312
- 2012-01-28 13:32 CP
- Any further news on Ebony, Jan?
- 2012-01-26 17:28 Janet
- CP nothing to indicate there is anything more, probably not, but it's just we couldnt rule it out for definite as if the girls go riding or have links to horses then Robinsons is the main equestrian place around here and they would almost certainly go there at some time or other if they lived around the area.
- 2012-01-26 11:51 CP
- Jan (owner), re your posting 24/1 saying this lady is definitely not who the garage witness saw and the possibility of her having a daughter; did Mark have a gut feeling there could be more to it? C'mon Ebony, give us some clues where you are, your family needs you back ....
- 2012-01-26 09:01 Janet
- Thank you Jayne for passing the number on to me. From this last'sighting' I think we can safely say that the previous reports of sightings of Ebony in this place, Ashton Green Drive, near Horseshoe pub, Parr were probably this border collie and not Ebony as the owner of the border collie said it is always escaping...unfortunately...I do hope the dog doesnt get hit by a car in this busy area if its always escaping.
- 2012-01-25 19:49 Jayne - Head Office
- False alarm it was a border collie...now re united with owner...so sorry Ebony's mum...but it shows the posters are working...one day you will get the call...but inbetween one has to check every possible lead...this can be exhausting...It was over 6 weeks for me till I got that call when my dog was missing...and this is why doglost was set up...
- 2012-01-25 19:14 Jayne - Head Office
- Call to HQ saying Ebony is outside a ladies shop...passed on number to owner...fingers crossed.
- 2012-01-25 10:54 Janet
- Yeah they have a poster up.
- 2012-01-25 09:20 Meru
- Is there a poster of Ebony in Robinsons?
- 2012-01-24 20:26 Janet
- Had phone call about 2.30pm today saying they had seen a car of this description parked outside Robinsons Horse place in Ashton-in-Makerfield, near Haydock today. Mark went straight down and there was a metalic burgandy R reg Ford Fiesta parked outside. He asked inside and it belongs to a lady who works at Robinsons. She said she does own a pony but knows nothing of the dog. It's definitely not this lady that the garage witness saw with a dog in the back of a car, but judging from her age it is possible she may have a daughter in early twenties, so it may or may not be the car.
- 2012-01-24 17:40 CP
- That's good. Every bit of info helps.
- 2012-01-24 12:12 Janet
- Update on the car Ebony was possibly in - it is a metalic burgandy R reg Ford Fiesta.
- 2012-01-24 10:36 CP
- Glad you're able to carry on with your postering today. Fully understand about small ads in lost and found not being eyecatching enough. We were thinking more about an article (not an ad.) in your local paper, with picture which would catch the eye of anyone suspicious of someone acquiring a new dog in their area - or even the girls themselves, if involved, when they read how devastated the family is at losing her. After all, there is the possibility of whoever has her (?) not seeing a poster yet. There could even be members of the general public who have not seen a poster but their attention would be drawn to her missing through the article/picture.
- 2012-01-24 09:34 Janet
- Have tried the tel. number liver1047 found in the ad below and it's a different type of dog, thx anyway. Will be postering through centre of Rainford and all main roads leading in and out tomorrow, cause I'm on training course today from work.
We have decided not to put ads in Liverpool Echo and Manchester Evening News as we dont feel these would do any good unless they were large enough and we dont feel she is wandering the streets. Also money is becoming a problem so we are concentrating on postering and talking to people intead.
- 2012-01-23 17:22 CP
- You're doing great with the postering, Jan, it's really vital she's made too hot to handle Majorjet always says. I feel Billinge is possibly crucial for postering 'cos the girls were thought to live or go to that area in your 20/1 posting. You've been out busy postering, I know, but will you be trying the tel. no liver 1047 found in the ad. below, just in case? I put a poster in Alder Veterinary Hospital in L'pl today, it's a v. big practice.
- 2012-01-23 16:41 Janet
- Just been out and covered Billinge main street with posters.
- 2012-01-22 19:04 liver1047
- DOG FOUND CHADDERTON AREA on 5TH JANUARY 2012
SaveSavedGet email alertsShareReportRoxana on 07861974054
Dog found near asda chadderton on 5th January 2012. She is currently with me (in oldham) at the moment.
... If this is your dog, or you know who she might belong to, please call:
found on a website while searching for ebony,,Last edited: 2012-01-22 19:05:34 by liver1047
- 2012-01-22 14:53 Janet
- Hi... i'm out at the moment, but have chased this up Jo and the dog on animalwardens.co.uk was identified and claimed straight away and has gone back to it's owner. thanks very much anyway for notifying us as it's always worth following any possible leads ... one of these times it might be Ebony.
- 2012-01-22 13:59 jo
- Hi..don't want to build any hopes up here but well worth checking..a female tri collie has been listed as found this morning on animalwardens site area M34..http://www.animalwardens.co.uk/lost-found-dogs-search?sobi2Task=sobi2Details&catid=&sobi2Id=29656....
- 2012-01-22 10:15 CP
- The whole experience is physically and emotionally draining, Jan, so no wonder you're all so tired. Don't give up hope, you're all doing so well with the postering and look on it that each time you put one up it could be the very one that draws the attention of that one person who could help. Personally speaking, having had a multi dog household, we don't think Dylan would forget a dog he's lived with. Try to get that article in a local newspaper like I spoke to Mark about; people read it automatically in that form, whereas they have to deliberately search in lost and found.
- 2012-01-22 08:41 Janet
- Postered the centre of Rainford yesterday and going to put more posters up around Billinge and Rainford areas, trying to call at farms around these areas but there are so many and so widely spread.
It's nearly 3 weeks since Ebony went missing and we are a bit worried as to whether Dylan would accept her back if we dont find her soon, he loves playing with other dogs but wont let any into the house.
We are all really tired but continue are search, thank you for everyone's help and support.
- 2012-01-21 19:17 CP
- Sadly no mention on Andy Ball this morning regarding our letter, or Roger Lyon this afternoon after emailing him. It's a shame, but just had to try. Let's hope something comes of your further postering today.x
- 2012-01-21 09:13 Janet
- thank you CP very kind of you
- 2012-01-20 20:00 CP
- I forgot to say the programme is Saturday morning, 21st Jan.
- 2012-01-20 19:57 CP
- We hand delivered a letter for Andy Ball into Radio Merseyside this afternoon requesting a mention on his programme, about Ebony, from 6.0 a.m. to 9.30 a.m. (as late in the programme, if possible). We gave the two mobile numbers and Doglost email address should any info. be forthcoming. We can but try...
- 2012-01-20 17:56 Janet
- Yeah posters were left at all farms we called at today and have called at the farm near where the girls picked a dog up from on Garswood Road. The car description given wasnt a proper red it was red/orange/brown, think more like rusty red from sounds.
- 2012-01-20 15:17 Unknown
- Hi Karenjrad...the lady from fire shop could not see anything..but that dog that was running loose there was a Bison Frise..xx
- 2012-01-20 13:55 CP
- Jan (owner), re-reading your postings about the girls picking up a Collie near Seneley Green Farm, which is the direction in which you saw Ebony run - have you left posters around that area or been to the farm itself to ask about Ebony or described the girls/car to the farmer? It could be the girls are from there or that area and are known by the farm.
- 2012-01-20 13:37 CP
- Did you leave posters with them, Jan, just in case they spot anything in future?
- 2012-01-20 13:34 CP
- Good spot, foggy. Did you see the car whilst driving passed, or were you on foot? If the latter did you get any impression there had been a dog in the back?
- 2012-01-20 13:33 Janet
- Called at all the farms on Drummer's Lane and surrounding area and spoke to farmers, but no more leads.
- 2012-01-20 10:56 foggy
- There was a red fiesta N reg parked outside the spar in Billinge last night, I took the reg number, I know it could have been anyone's I waited to see who was driving it but no one appeared. The drivers seat was pushed quite far up to the steering wheel, which suggests a lady/girl driver.
- 2012-01-20 10:56 foggy
- There was a red fiesta N reg parked outside the spar in Billinge last night, I took the reg number, I know it could have been anyone's I waited to see who was driving it but no one appeared. The drivers seat was pushed quite far up to the steering wheel, which suggests a lady/girl driver.
- 2012-01-20 10:19 CP
- I wonder if the girls would have enquired about someone losing a lost Collie if they had it in mind to sell Ebony on. There is usually a travellers' liaison officer attached to each local authority, Jan, as I understand it from Greater M/chester Police website; whether it would be helpful to make contact with this person? Can't make out from google earth how long Drummer's Lane is but it does look fairly uninhabited. Would it be practical to notify each farm with a poster or is it just too big a task? Have you postered around the area of Drummer's Lane, too?
- 2012-01-20 09:56 karenjrad
- Did the lady from the fire shop come back to anyone with regards to the CCTV footage as mentioned in tri's mum's post.?
- 2012-01-20 07:51 Janet
- The girls we are looking for in an orange/red fiesta who had a lost dog in the back of their car just after Ebony went missing are believed to have connections to stables or horse riding because one of the girls was wearing riding pants and boots and possibly live or go to the Billinge area. Some girls have been seen going to one of the farms around Drummers Lane, Bryn.
Someone has suggested that they may have a link with travellers/gypsies, we did go to a travellers site in Platt Bridge but it is impossible to get on the site, did speak to someone and they said they knew nothing.
Just a bit worried that if Ebony was passed to travellers what do they do with dogs, do they sell them on and how and where? Last edited: 2012-01-20 08:12:13 by Janet
- 2012-01-19 19:56 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- I've spoken to Jan now, given advice re the phone calls, the landline number has now been taken off and another mobile number added, I'll update posters and add 'STILL MISSING' to them.
Thanks CP for your continued support. :) x
- 2012-01-19 19:53 CP
- There will always be sick people in the world that will do things like this, Jan, who have no feeling for families in situations like yours. Usually what goes around comes around and they get their just desserts in time. I know it builds your hopes up but try not to be too upset by it. Keep positive as things are still happening.
Going to try Radio M'side again but this time Andy Ball, whose show is on Saturday between 6 a.m. and 9.30 a.m. and am requesting as late as possible. Andy seems sympathetic towards dogs and the least we can do is try.
You're doing an excellent job on the postering; don't relent. The more people who read about her and the wider the area the better. Has anyone got any ideas about tracing these two girls who called into the garage in Garswood Road with the fluffy Collie in the back of their car, asking about a lost Collie (as per Jan's posting on 17/1)?
- 2012-01-19 19:48 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Jan so sorry to see you have been the target of such a call. I'll ring you or if no answer will email you some advice on things to do. You and everyone are doing a fantastic job and we are all behind you. xxx
- 2012-01-19 19:20 Janet
- Just had a phone call from an unknown number saying that they found Ebony 4 days ago and have just seen a poster and have her in their house in Winstanley. When I asked about the dog and could I go up to see if it was her he burst out laughing and hung up. It's really upsetting that some people can do this, just glad most people are really good and helpful.
- 2012-01-19 17:15 Janet
- we have contacted all local schools - thanks Nina
- 2012-01-19 17:14 Janet
- I have contacted St Helens Rugby and am waiting for someone to get back to me to let me know if they can put it over the tannoy, will let you know what they say as soon as I know.
- 2012-01-19 16:31 tigerseye
- Have put Ebony on www.moneysavingexpert.com. Was in Leigh area today, popped in at Leigh Cats and Dogs home, saw the poster.
- 2012-01-19 15:48 CP
- Jan (owner) did you say you were going to speak to M/chester Even. News and L'pl Echo? Don't forget that tannoy idea at Rugby meet on Sat., Jan; it's been mentioned on the radio earlier today; should be a big one.... (You must be worn out - take care; let's all put our thinking caps on, hey).
- 2012-01-19 14:41 Nina
- I havent read all the previous posts to know if you have contacted local schools. Children see and hear a lot. Might be worth offering a reward towards school funds. Good luck.
- 2012-01-19 14:36 Janet
- Didnt hear any mention but thanks anyway :)
Been postering outskirts of Billinge this morning.
- 2012-01-19 13:41 CP
- Didn't hear a mention of Ebony on Radio M'side, unfortunately - unless we missed something, if anyone else heard? Any more ideas anyone?
- 2012-01-19 09:41 CP
- What a shame, Jan; never mind, you've tried and that's the main thing. This morning I've emailed Sean Styles on Radio Merseyside with Ebony's details, requesting he puts out a plea for information. The station doesn't usually advertise lost pets but I've told him she's a very special girl as she's partially blind so would they make an exception in her case. The programme is on now until 11.30 a.m. I hope he obliges...
- 2012-01-19 09:23 Janet
- Have double checked with CCTV at garage and the CCTV footage wipes completely after 7 days, the owner was very good about this and actually explained it all, so there is absolutely no way the car seen with a collie dog is on CCTV.Last edited: 2012-01-19 09:25:09 by Janet
- 2012-01-18 18:17 tigerseye
- Sorry that Ebony has not come home, been out looking today, put posters up at Morrisons at Boundary Road, Sidings Lane at Rainford and Orrell Water Park.Last edited: 2012-01-18 19:09:30 by tigerseye
- 2012-01-18 13:21 Janet
- It's not actually the petrol station, but a garage at the side and the CCTV footage is on the pumps only, so would not cover the place where the car pulled in. Only the police have clearance to check any CCTV. The girls said they picked the dog up from near Seneley Green Farm, which is the place where Ebony ran across the fields to originally. So does appear to be good chance it was Ebony they picked up. The car was a red/orange fiesta.Last edited: 2012-01-18 13:25:05 by Janet
- 2012-01-18 09:41 CP
- If it's the Texaco petrol station/Londis shop on Garswood Rd, google map reveals there could well be CCTV there, and there also may be some in the Londis shop attached. Perhaps Jan (owner) could confirm this is the correct garage where the girls were seen that you're referring to.
- 2012-01-18 09:11 foggy
- CP that is a brilliant idea regarding it being mentioned at the saints match :-) Is the garage the one opposite from where Ebony lives in Garswood, because CCTV definately needs to be eliminated x
- 2012-01-17 21:44 Unknown
- You realy need to get the CCTV footage on this car at this garage..doo u know the owners of the garage?? because a Fluffy Collie sounds like a Rough Collie to me..do hope they run it back for you..All Paws Crossed !!! xx
- 2012-01-17 20:41 CP
- Jan (owner), did the local garage have CCTV to catch any details of the girls' car?
- 2012-01-17 20:39 CP
- Jan (owner), don't suppose garage got their car reg. no. or make of car? Expect they would have volunteered an address if the girls had left it with them?
If Ebony isn't back by the weekend, how would you feel about approaching St. Helen's Rugby League Football Club at their new ground at Langtree Park, St. Helen's, asking them to give Ebony's details over their tannoy system, in view of the fact that she is partially sighted and been missing so long? As far as we can make out they are playing Widnes Vikings on Sat. 20th Jan. and there would be a big crowd. They may feel compassion and oblige.
- 2012-01-17 20:14 Janet
- This afternoon a local garage told us a little after Ebony went missing they had been asked by 2 young girls, in their 20s, whether anyone had lost a collie. The girls had a very fluffy collie in the back of their car, which they said they had found. The girls were given our address but apparently they did not call at our house or any of the neighboring houses to make enquiries.
- 2012-01-17 20:05 Janet
- Ebony has been in St Helens Star. Think Golborne Road sighting may have been a local farm tri border collie. I picked it up wandering along the road at about 7.30pm tonight and took it home, the owners said the dog had escaped through a hole in the fence.
- 2012-01-17 18:58 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
Jan, has Ebony been in the St Helen's Star? There have been really great results in the past when they have put dogs in their paper? The paper has a wide coverage, stress to them how they have helped reunite dogs registered on DogLost. x
- 2012-01-17 17:18 CP
- Well done, tri's mum; CCTV may well confirm whether it's Ebony; 'cos it's not always possible to get people to release this info.
- 2012-01-17 17:16 CP
- Returned from Horseshoe Pub area, Ashtons Green Drive, 4.45 p.m. Had walked the Duckeries and into the wooded areas. Walked round Pennine Drive and Fleet Lane (saw poster by bus stop); drove around Gaskell Street, Fleet Lane, Cherry Tree Drive, Swan Ave and Derbyshire Hill Rd and returned via roads to Parr Baths, just in case.
Foggy - nice to know who you are now! Great to see so many people are out looking for her.
- 2012-01-17 16:58 Unknown
- I rang lady at Fire Class shop opp garage..she n hubby gonna go through their cctv..you can see the open entry at the side of shop leading to the back..i googled it all today..they going to leave some food out tonight..i am talking about the bolton rd shop in ashton.. xx
- 2012-01-17 14:59 foggy
- I have just come back from Parr too, drove around Ashton Green Drive, passed the Duckeries field asked few people no news. CP I am the lady you saw in Camp Road Garswood searching in the car the other day when we had been to Skitterswood
- 2012-01-17 14:22 CP
- Good idea, foggy, about CCTV. It's a long time for her to stay around the same area, 1.30 a.m. to 7.30 a.m., but you never know as it would be quieter between these times than, I guess, it would notmally be as it is a busy, main road. Just off to Horseshoe Pub, Parr, area to help with the 3 independent sightings from 9 a.m. this morning.
- 2012-01-17 13:48 foggy
- I have just come in from searching Bolton Road, I asked in the launderette opposite the tesco garage and the lady said that a car slammed on this morning about 7.30 am and she saw a dog run off, she didnt know what breed the dog was ive also asked the postman to keep his eye open around there, maybe its worth asking the tesco garage to look on their CCTV just in case it was hovering around the carpark too and it would tell one what breed the dog was
- 2012-01-17 12:04 Janet
- 3 independant sightings saying they are almost certain it was Ebony around 9am this morning, 17/01/12, stood on roundabout near The Horseshoe pub, Parr, postcode WA9 2LJ, one of the sightings said the dog started walking from the roundabout along Ashtons Green Road.
- 2012-01-17 11:40 CP
- Looking at the area on google street map it seems there are so many directions Ebony could take. When she was sighted on this occasion, (17th), was there any indication in which direction she took off? There are some side streets and some greenery around - it would help if we had some idea.
- 2012-01-17 10:00 foggy
- The very first sighting by the tesco express on the main road going though Ashton was by my cousin who was 95% sure it was ebony, this was about the 7th Jan, but cant now be exact on the date it was around then, the dog was opposite the esso garage with a tesco express attatched the dog was just stood there, I went up as soon as he told me , searched for a couple of hours but nothing, she may still be in this area then
- 2012-01-17 09:45 Janet
- Nothing came from the Bolton Road sighting from early this morning, we searched the area for couple hours and didnt see any dogs, so dont really know how reliable the sighting was. We took our other dog Dylan with us, so he marked all the area and we will keep going back to check. Ebony we are missing you, where are you.
- 2012-01-17 09:33 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Fingers crossed your beautiful girl is safely back home soon.
Come on Ebony, your family are missing you so much xx
- 2012-01-17 08:57 CP
- I know you've commented on one of your posters or postings to ring you day or night if there's a sighting; how fantastic that someone's done just that and you were able to get there so quickly. You deserve to get her back with all you're doing, Jan. Can you say how reliable the sighting was? C'mon Ebony, give us some clues how to find you...
- 2012-01-17 02:18 Janet
- Possible sighting at 1.30am on 17/01/12 on Bolton Road, Ashton-in-Makerfield a dog was seen more or less opposite the Tesco garage running in between some houses. The person tried to approach the dog but it ran. They phoned me immediately and I was there within 10 minutes looking but saw nothing, a couple of people are still looking now.
- 2012-01-16 15:32 Janet
- Link to a map with all possible sightings of Ebony
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=208892905733634943239.0004b6a405f5aef7ca95b&msa=0&ll=53.496216%2C-2.667961&spn=0.119477%2C0.338173Last edited: 2012-01-16 18:41:25 by Janet
- 2012-01-16 15:18 Janet
- Thank you for everyone's help, I will certainly look into further media coverage - Manchester Evening News and Liverpool Echo, she has been in local papers. I have postered the following areas:- Garswood, Ashton, Billinge, Haresfinch, Fingerpost, Parr, Sutton, Upholland, Orrell, Golborne, Bryn, Marus Bridge and probably some other areas too. Obviously I will continue to increase the posters in these areas and other areas. I will also check out petforums as Wendy suggested, thank you.
- 2012-01-16 14:59 CP
- Will certainly do my best, Jan (Majorjet), obtaining any info I can from owner about media coverage. Am trying to encourage owner to keep us posted on Dog Lost pages with her thoughts and proposed ideas as the input here from all interested parties is so valuable.
Since Wigan is under the Greater Manchester area, what are anyone's thoughts about owner trying Manchester Evening News to advertise or get coverage?
- 2012-01-16 12:42 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Thanks for the email CP. :) x
If Ebony gets any MEDIA COVERAGE can you please let us know when it is going in and what paper etc, a link to any coverage would also help. We can then bump her page up on the day of publication.
You are all doing a fantastic job spreading the word. Come on Ebony your family want you home. x
- 2012-01-16 11:00 CP
- Thanks, Jan (Majorjet), that's a great help to me as I'm sure it will be to owner. Have just finished speaking to owner who is just about to take her other dog, Dillon, for his walk to leave scenting for Ebony. I feel you're spot on suggesting a wider area of advertising and postering now - owner agrees and has done Billinge already. She is trying to get Ebony in print again....
- 2012-01-16 10:31 tigerseye
- Have been going around turping and down towards carr mill way going different way every day looking for Ebony, our Maisie has been looking places that I can't get too.
It is very encouraging how many people know about Ebony, your right CP.
Have seen posters of her, have put one in my car and one on the Methodist church near the shops.
- 2012-01-15 22:32 liver1047
- It may be an idea to post the details on this site also. I know they have had success in the past finding lost dogs.
Brothers and sisters I bid thee beware of giving your heart to a dog to tear
Back to top PM
EMail Report Abusive | Report SPAM
Hide User Posts
Hi hun. I live a few miles from Wigan. We have a cats and dogs home which is used by the dog wardens for any strays. I am sure they scan for microchips when the dogs are taken in. Its Leigh cats and dogs home. Unfortunately in this area if you spot a stray unless you can catch it and take it in to your property or garden the wardens will not come out. I caught a lost dog once and ended up taking it to the dogs home myself as the warden was not available to do so. I hope your friend finds their dog. xx
i put ebony on a crafts website this is a reply ive had,
- 2012-01-15 22:16 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Thanks CP for the email alert tonight and all your help which is greatly appreciated, sorry did not get back to you straight away.
Thanks to everyone who is helping in the search and supporting family.
Jan/CP you will be surprised how well dogs survive when on the loose. Here are a few different circumstances that we have had on DL that I've been involved with:
Jake (ID 15598) elderly totally BLIND JRT was missing for 10/11 days in the freezing weather and he survived.
Ebony could of been picked up and taken out of the area. We have had a few on DL found after a good few weeks. Midge a BC (ID 19843) was found miles away when owner went further afield getting her in the paper, finder seen the article in the paper.
Monty a Cairn Terrier (ID 14505) that was picked up by finder and taken home it was not until they returned to the area a MONTH later they seen a poster. They did look after him and he was MICROCHIPPED but had not been scanned. Once they seen a poster they did contact his family and he was reunited.
It is IMPORTANT someone is visiting kennels and going further afield to check she has not been picked up and handed in even though she is CHIPPED. Quite a few in the past few weeks even have not bee reunited via the Chip as it has been missed, either by moving or just not getting picked up by the scanner.
Sadly a GSD in the NW had been rehomed recently, if the owners had visited the kennels they would of been reunited. Kennels had been contacted but with her being out of the area was not matched up. It is not up to the kennels to make matches.
Keep your chin up Jan we are all routing for Ebony to be reunited, it is important that her DL page is kept up to date as not everyone goes on facebook. Great you are in contact with CP who doing a fantastic job helping find Ebony. xxx
- 2012-01-15 17:28 CP
- Jan (Majorjet), owner is worried how long a dog in Ebony's situation would survive out there, particularly with the freezing temperatures, lack of food and unused to fending for herself. With your expertise in these situations, can you offer any guidance? x
- 2012-01-15 17:24 CP
- Thanks, Jan, for updates -it's a big help. After speaking to you today we walked along the Turpin (this time from the Stag Pub entrance, where Ebony actually went missing). It's encouraging how many people we spoke to who knew about her plight and are keeping their eyes open for her.
If you say Ebony took off to the left of the Turpin, towards the playground and was unable to get into the fields there, it could be possible she went to the cross roads and turned left into Simms Road - worth postering along there?
- 2012-01-15 16:06 Janet
- Last possible sightings of Ebony were both on same day and time 13/01/12 at about 7.30am at Garswood and Lafford Lane, Upholland, so obviously these cant both be accurate sightings.
- 2012-01-15 15:02 Janet
- There is a question mark over the Lafford Lane sightings because I have been told there is a black farm dog who wanders the area, the sightings may possibly be this dog.
- 2012-01-15 15:00 Janet
- Thank you everyone for your help and support, and hopefully continued help. I am trying to keep sights updated, there has been no other news at all since I last posted. We are visiting all local dogs homes a couple times each week, phoning dog wardens, put ads in papers, posters up, left leaflets with all garages, schools, post offices, postmen, milkmen, binmen and other people we can, we are continuing to poster further areas, but have no news and dont really know where to go from here.
- 2012-01-15 09:38 CP
- That's very considerate of you, liver1047. Our main concern is keeping up to date with the sightings and, in this instance, communicating with owner seems harder through Doglost than FB, but we'll do our best and take you up on your kind offer if things become more difficult. Let's hope there's some good news on the horizon....
- 2012-01-14 23:12 liver1047
- r u regularly ringin the dog wardens and leigh cats and dogs home ? my exs dog went missin and 8 days later he was found in leigh c&d even tho he was chipped no 1 phoned him to let him no he was there xxx
LikeUnlike · ·Follow PostUnfollow Post · 2 hours ago
Amanda Pruden likes this..
Mark as SpamReport as Abuse...
Mark as SpamVictoria Collier Hi Sarah' You cant just ring rescues you have to visit. Your ex was lucky as after 7 days dogs are up adoption. I have mentioned this before as today sadly a dog posted on DogLost as missing has now been rehomed to a new family because the owners didnt go and visit. You can never rely on a phone call especially for the larger rescues :)
2 hours ago · LikeUnlike · 3.Mark as SpamReport as Abuse...
Mark as SpamSarah Clark thats awful, to think that people are not being reunited with there dogs... i hope ebony is found soon i keep my eye out looking for her like we all do its scary i would not know where to even begin im my dog went missing
about an hour ago · LikeUnlike.Sarah Clark xxx
about an hour ago · LikeUnlike.Sarah Clark if*
about an hour ago · LikeUnlike.Marlene Bromilow Victoria..thats what happend to Majic..the tri female rough collie..she was addopted out by 2days to this fam..she was chipped as well..someone saw her pic on the rescue group page..we all formed a F/B group page late at night to get her back..all over the world joined in..by morning we had a few hundred members..any way we got her back to the owner..good enough the couple handed her back..they said her chipp had migrated down by her tummy ..i wish more of these places had a universal scanner..like the vets have. !!! xx
about an hour ago · LikeUnlike · 2.Amanda Pruden Did u get my msg Marls x
about an hour ago · LikeUnlike · 2.Marlene Bromilow were ??? xx
about an hour ago · LikeUnlike.Amanda Pruden on ur phone x
about an hour ago · LikeUnlike · 1.Victoria Collier I have reunited a few now that thought if they contacted the DW and rang round they would hear something only to find they were in a rescue. In an ideal world this should be enough but sadly with the amount of strays atm its very hard for rescues to control what comes in and goes out. x
about an hour ago · LikeUnlike.Marlene Bromilow on charge will get it now..faulty battery..lol.. xx
about an hour ago · LikeUnlike · 2.Sarra Knky Mcdinky Hinton he told em tha his dog was chipped n they said the checked n it wasnt so wen he went down he said scan him now infront of me if im right and he is chipped i am not payin the fine as he was picked up outside his front door if ur right il donate an extra £50 low n behold he was chipped !! its horrible as wen he got there a couple where enquiring about buyin him my ex was extremely lucky but he found him thru phonin the dog warden i really do hope u find ebony fingers crossed for u xxx
about an hour ago · LikeUnlike · 1.Victoria Collier Thats what i mean Sarra' Always best to go and check yourself x
about an hour ago · LikeUnlike · 1.Doreen Davies I have heard the story of wardens picking the dogs up from near their own door,from a man who works at Leigh Cats & Dogs home..I gave him 3 of Ebonys flyers information...They have no excuse not to contact Janet,if she is brought to them...This number I seen on their door...01942 671215 Linda or Joanne is who to contact there,he told me..
17 minutes ago CP IM ON FACE BOOK, DO YOU WANT ME TO COPY AND PASTE ON H
- 2012-01-14 21:27 CP
- Thanks, tri's mum.x
- 2012-01-14 20:15 Unknown
- Hi CP..yes i know what you mean bout bothering people with phone calls..its a shame you are not on F/B..yes that way we can follow all the posts as they take part..So you can only see the info on dog lost..thats a shame !!!Are your friends on F/B..that way they could give you all the latest info on Ebony..you are so kind the way you keep coming all that way to look for Ebony.. xx
- 2012-01-14 16:35 CP
- Trawled Lafford Lane, both in car and on foot, early this afternoon. Looked in building site by golf club in case she was using as a shelter. Spoke to more people out walking/riding who were aware of Ebony. She is certainly getting known - postering is doing a good job. Drove from Upholland to Garswood; had brief look around known sighted areas.
- 2012-01-13 21:48 CP
- tri's mum - are you any more knowledgeable about current situation, as being rough collie owners we are very concerned about Ebony? We commute quite some distance to help find her and are not registered on Facebook where, I think, Ebony's page is more up to date than Doglost. Have spoken to owner's father twice on 'phone but don't like to keep bothering them in this way. Hope you are feeling better....
- 2012-01-13 17:19 CP
- Unless this Lafford Lane sighting is in addition to the one on 12.1.12? (Making 3 sightings in all in this area)- which would put in dispute the Coldstone Drive/Camp Road one, do you reckon....?
- 2012-01-13 17:10 CP
- Jan, can you please check your last posting dates. Wasn't it 12/1/12 7.30 a.m. Ebony's last sighting at Lafford Lane, Upholland not 13.1.12. The Garswood sighting was 13.1.12 7.45 a.m. otherwise the distance between the two places on the same day would make it impossible we reckon? Did your dad have any luck today?
- 2012-01-13 15:21 Janet
- Reported sighting at Lafford Lane, Upholland about 7.30am on 13/01/12 between the Stables and Parliament Road, the lady tried to approach the dog but the dog was timid and backed away.
Also reported sighting of a dog fitting Ebony's description going from Coldstone Drive area of Garswood, crossing the fields and walking in the direction of spindle Hillock at 7.45am.
- 2012-01-13 14:35 CP
- After latest sighting on Facebook reported early this morning, went out again over to Garswood on returning from Lafford Lane, arriving approx. 11.15 a.m. Drove the area of the sighting (Coldstone Drive and along Camp Road) also took in Spindle Hillock; then parked up on Coldstone and walked it all as well, taking our tri girl. Couple (off Facebook) in car stopped us in Camp Rd and advised they had visited Skitters Wood without luck. Met three, separate people (including postman) who all were aware of Ebony's posters and all said they were on the lookout for her.
- 2012-01-13 10:19 CP
- At 8.30 a.m. this morning (13th) arrived at Lafford Lane following up y/day's possible sighting. Drove the full length of lane, there and back. Spoke to workmen who will keep a look-out. Walked on foot a little. No sighting to report.
- 2012-01-12 17:18 CP
- Managed to locate Skitter's Wood and have just returned from a walk there this afternoon (saw all your posters) and drove around a few streets in Garswood, living in hope; made a brief call to the Turpin. No sightings, unfortunately. Is it possible anyone may be going to Upholland this evening in case she is still in the area?
- 2012-01-12 16:16 Janet
- Just had phone call from gentleman who said thinks he saw Ebony at 7.30am this morning on Lafford Lane, Upholland, around Parliament Street, Holland Hall Hotel side.
- 2012-01-12 15:46 Janet
- The Garswood sighting of Ebony at Forres Grove on 08/01/12 was possibly not Ebony because a black dog was found straying and taken in by someone on Victoria road, Garswood and a couple days later it was returned to the owner who lived in Billinge.
- 2012-01-12 12:23 CP
- That's great, Jan. Thanks, also, for the Lane correction.
- 2012-01-12 11:45 Janet
- Ads of Ebony missing have been in Wigan Reporter and Wigan Evening Post, last week Thursday and this week in St Helens Star.
- 2012-01-12 11:44 Janet
- Update: sighting on 09/01/12 was Lafford Lane, Upholland, not Langford Lane.
- 2012-01-12 11:09 CP
- See from Ebony's Facebook you are trying for a mention of Ebony on radio. As it's over a week now since she went missing, is there a chance you could get her in your local papers? The more folk aware of her the better....
- 2012-01-12 10:52 tigerseye
- Come on Ebony find your way home love :)
- 2012-01-12 10:37 CP
- Jan,(Ebony's owner), cannot find Langford Lane, Upholland, (your 9.1.12 last sighting mentioned on update) on Google Earth or in A-Z's, but there is a Lafford Lane in Upholland, which is a v. long lane. If Lafford Lane is correct, did sighter indicate which end?
- 2012-01-11 19:45 CP
- Thanks, Jan, for all this info; it takes some digesting when one doesn't know the area. Could I refer you to 9.1.12 comment on this page by Doglost's Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator, advising marking sightings on a map, if you have not already done so. As I understand it, dogs usually move in a triangle when lost and this can allow you to anticipate future movement. Jan would advise you about this as she is extremely knowledgeable. You're doing great. Have checked with L'pl rspca in case Ebony has been passed in over the boundary line of dog wardens on the off chance. They were very understanding and said ring them as often as you wish for your peace of mind. Their no. is 0151 486 1706, but Jan will have supplied you with this anyway. We're all rooting for you...
- 2012-01-11 16:48 Janet
- A list of possible sightings of Ebony to date:-
02/01/12 at about 10.30am
She was seen walking along Rectory Road, Spindle Hillock side in direction of Bluebell pub.
02/01/12 sighted about 10.30am at Miller’s Bridge Farm, Downall Green Road, Garswood. She was trying to get into farm field and couldn’t get in and ran off following Downall Green Road towards Bryn. Positive identification, person described collar and tag colours.
02/01/12 in the evening a sighting walking along Winstanley Road, near Windy Arbour in direction of Winstanley College.
03/01/12 about 10am, Derwent Road, Haresfinch, (St Helens), Near Carr Mill Dam, don’t know direction travelling, but sighting said looked like an old dog.
04/01/12 about 10am Golborne Road, off Bolton Road, Stubshaw Cross, and Near Cross Keys Pub stood still. Report was sure it was Ebony.
04/01/12 in evening Skitter’s Wood, Ashton-in-Makerfield, Lowbank Road side.
08/01/12 approx 10pm walking along Bolton Road in direction from Bamfurlong towards Ashton, outside Tesco petrol station.
08/01/12 approx 4pm Forrest Road/Forres Grove, Garswood.
09/01/12 about 12noon Fingerpost, Parr, (St Helens) travelling towards the park.
09/01/12 approx 5pm Lafford Lane Upholland walking backwards and forwards along the Lane.
Last edited: 2012-01-12 11:47:56 by Janet
- 2012-01-11 13:15 scootjockey
- Really hope Ebony`s back home soon.Im in orrell and stolen Tays mum obviously here to help. Shared on my face book and constantly looking out for her good luck Tays mum x
- 2012-01-11 12:36 Unknown
- I thought the sighting was forest rd a man saw her sunday gone at 4.pm xx
- 2012-01-11 12:16 CP
- joan.denn, can you say if owners have any comment about the Forres Grove Garswood sighting? There's nothing on Ebony's Facebook about it. It would make so much more sense if she was still in this area where she went missing, compared to the prospect of her travelling all the way across to Parr Street Baths (where the other 3 sightings were), which is quite some distance through noisy, built up areas full of traffic as far as we can tell. I wonder if she's staying in this familiar area of Garswood where she lives. I also wonder if the turpin is her base... We take our tri girl with us on these sightings in case Ebony is drawn to her own breed and we just wondered whether Ebony's owner was able to speak with the person who saw her in Forres Grove?
- 2012-01-11 00:05 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Thanks CP your help is greatly appreciated. I've copied your post onto her FB page. Owner has been in contact via text and family are actively searching for her. x
- 2012-01-10 21:19 CP
- Could I ask is someone looking for her now?
- 2012-01-10 21:14 CP
- Patiently willing something comes of this sighting. Will watch this space and say a prayer...
- 2012-01-10 20:42 joan.denn
- Someone has seen her in Forres Grove Garswood.
- 2012-01-10 18:11 CP
- Can someone convey this message to Ebony's owner, please. As Ebony's facebook page reported that on 3 occasions on Monday she had been spotted at rear of Parr St. Baths in St. Helens, we have spent the afternoon there with our tri girl. We have asked around in the park behind baths and given poster to parks & gardens council workers who suggested displaying it in their premises by water tower. We noticed there are allotments (Fingerpost Greenfinger) further behind park, a good hiding place and source of food! Also, walked area of Sutton Brook Greenway and asked other dog walkers to keep an eye out for her. A poster has also been placed in the "Power" petrol station on Ashcroft St. Have there been any more sightings of her today?
- 2012-01-09 23:24 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- CP and tigerseye I emailed you the various size posters and also others who are helping with the postering. Thanks everyone for your support greatly appreciated.
Find ebony please do refer to the scenting instructions and ensure you are marking any sightings on a map. We are all willing Ebony to be back home soon. Good luck. x
- 2012-01-09 18:38 tigerseye
- Jan, we're really hoping Ebony comes home soon :)
- 2012-01-09 17:38 CP
- Jan, I wonder is it possible to say whether any of Ebony's sightings are forming a picture yet? I understand she's been sighted at Bryn, Fingerpost and Parr swimming baths according to her facebook page, if these are reliably her.
- 2012-01-09 14:40 sachanliz
- Added poster to facebook page....Hope you come home soon Ebony safe and well x
- 2012-01-09 13:31 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Keeping my fingers crossed. Come on Ebony, time to come home :)
- 2012-01-09 13:20 Unknown
- Ebony was sighted on thurs/fri by the motorway in Bryn..they put signs up to say Dog on the road..LETS HOPE TODAY IS THE DAY..She must be getting so weak now.. !!! xx
- 2012-01-09 11:01 CP
- Just in case owners haven't got it covered, posters for Winstanley College, and there's a primary school not too far away, could bring some good leads as it spreads the "lost" word far and wide. Children and students come from a wide area and are good look-outs.
- 2012-01-09 09:28 Meru
- Have sent poster to Robinsons Country Leisure in Ashton in Makerfield which is not far from Garswood. Hope she's home very soon xx
- 2012-01-08 22:59 Unknown
- Hi CP..i did understand bout the Turpin.. i only live bout 15mins away..but not been able to go & look coz i not been well for 3weeks..so glad you & hubby & lovely Tri girl went looking..so kind of you..we all heartbroken here as well..i have 2 tri boys..image of Ebony..i carnt stop thinking bout her as well..hope she safe somewere..at the mo i doing all i can from home..plus keeping in contact with her owner..ALL PAWS CROSSED !!!! xx
- 2012-01-08 22:06 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Thanks everyone for posting on Ebony's page and looking out for her. I did contact her owner earlier today and ask them to post an update of exactly where the sightings have been.
liver147 collinet are aware of Ebony and did post further details on Ebony (see comment below) 03.01.12 by Julie [Collienet]. x
- 2012-01-08 21:00 CP
- Tri's mum, just in case you didn't make sense of my reference to "the turpin"; this is where Ebony was being walked, according to the thread about her on Alfie's Lost Dogs, and is an area of countryside in Garswood favoured by walkers. I hope we get some news soon; I can't stop thinking about her....
- 2012-01-08 19:32 liver1047
- posted on docrafts, craftbubble, rough collie midland, also can you email collinet as they will be able to email all breeders in the wigan area,, Ebony keep safe,, xx
- 2012-01-08 18:16 CP
- Thanks, tri's mum, for responding. Husband and I located, (as not familiar with the area), the turpin, passing the reservoir entrance, at approx. 3.15. Walked to the junction of this quiet pathway which appeared to be leading, eventually, to a housing area - wondered if postering there would be a good idea as Ebony could easily have travelled to this point; it was becoming dusk by now. We had our girl (tri rough) with us. Saw only two dog walkers on this path. Recognised posters on the trees. However, have any posters been put up on Garswood Road as we could not see any? There are so many outbuildings in the fields surrounding this area and even what looked like stored touring caravans where a dog could take refuge. We looked around the immediate area of Winstanley College which is quite some distance away from the turpin by car. Do pray, with all our hearts, that Ebony will be found soon.
- 2012-01-08 18:08 tigerseye
- Hi, I'm Maisie's owner(Lynda) I met you after Ebony went missing and I'm really sorry that you've not find her yet. I've been looking for her every time we go out and have printed the poster. Lynda and JaneneLast edited: 2012-01-09 18:36:26 by tigerseye
- 2012-01-08 15:38 Unknown
- CP..i was wondering the same..but she is scared of other dogs..they are by the resevior now as i speak looking for her..her dad has heard a bark somewere that sounds like hers..i have just told her take a mini B.B.Q.& cook some sausages etc..she has gone to get one now to see if she is there may entice her out..lets hope today will be the day !!! xx
- 2012-01-08 13:47 CP
- Could anyone say where Ebony was last sighted, with any degree of certainty, if we, as strangers to the area, were to help search? Would Ebony be brave enough to come to her own breed? We have an identical beauty and, in my experience, they are more inclined to come to their own even though they are nervous.
- 2012-01-07 19:42 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Missing-tri-rough-collie-Lancs-WN4/140981532683112?sk=wall&filter=1 Link to her FACEBOOK group.
- 2012-01-07 19:25 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Reward has now been added and updated various size posters have been emailed to family. If anyone would like them emailing please let us know. Thanks. x
- 2012-01-06 01:10 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Thanks for posting an update. Posters can be printed directly from here by selecting 'View Poster'. Hope we see her back home soon. xxx
- 2012-01-05 22:24 find ebony
- If anyone could put poster up or hand them out that would be amazing some links for the posters are on facebook search find ebony or Missing tri rough collie Lancs WN4 please join and spread the word, thanks for everyones help and support
- 2012-01-05 22:21 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Thanks for the update tri's mum. x
- 2012-01-05 20:28 Unknown
- There is a Tri Rough Collie lives on lowton rd but the golborne end & they just let it wander outside the house.hope this is not the one that has been sighted..i would be checking it out if i were you..this dog could confuse people..All Paws Crossed in finding Ebony !! xx
- 2012-01-05 18:55 liver1047
- Stay safe Ebony,, every one is looking and praying for you,, xx
- 2012-01-05 18:38 karenjrad
- My parents live on Golborne Road Ashton in Makerfied, is it worth me putting up posters around that area just in case, will call mum and dad and ask them to keep a look out for her.
- 2012-01-05 17:12 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Scenting Instructions emailed to owner and given advice on what to do if they see her. Good luck. xxx
- 2012-01-05 17:05 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- UPDATE from owner: Sighting about 10.00am on 3rd at Haresfinch, Nr Carr Mill Dam, St Helen's and another about 10.00am on 4th at Goldbourne Road, Nr Ashton-in-Makerfield both about 3 miles from where she went missing.
BUMPED due to sightings.
- 2012-01-05 11:30 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- I've had texts with owner as needed to check on the details, text yesterday said there was a possible reported sighting two days ago but not had exactly where yet. I was out yesterday at a funeral. x
- 2012-01-05 11:10 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- I had to leave a message, but owners havent got back to me.
Will try again later today.
Hope this lovely girl is safely home soon.
- 2012-01-04 23:26 hippy chick
- Have you heard anything back from the owners Goldenfrodo ? :)
- 2012-01-03 21:11 Julie [Collienet]
- Details sent to Collienet from the owner are that Ebony is 6 years old. Spayed, scared of other dogs, and partially blind. Microchipped and red collar.
Please Phone: Janet on 07850412203 / 01942513404 /
Missing from Garswood, Wigan
- 2012-01-03 20:15 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Have been given more details via facebook by someone who knows owner and walks in the same area. I've updated her details. x
- 2012-01-03 19:38 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Thanks tri's mum greatly appreciated, she is gorgeous just like yours. Details updated to show up on her poster and will share on facebook. xxx
- 2012-01-03 16:49 liver1047
- keep safe ebony,, come home soon,,
- 2012-01-03 15:46 Jayne - Head Office
- Poster emailed to helpers in WN3,4,5. WA 9,10,11,12.
- 2012-01-03 15:20 Unknown
- Jan,i have shared on my Wigan based friends walls..lets hope it spreads far & wide..All Paws Crossed !!! xxxx
- 2012-01-03 14:48 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Ebony has been registered twice on the AW site:
03 Jan 2012 Collie
Location: Wigan WN4
Our Ref: 256370
02 Jan 2012 Collie
Location: Wigan WN4
Our Ref: 256328
For further details call 0845 241 7253 (local rate)
to amend, email email@example.com quoting their ref
- 2012-01-03 11:46 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Will contact with advice and request photo to be sent asap.
- 2012-01-03 11:06
- Sorry to see that EBONY STILL MISSING is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.