Lost: Sable, Black Muzzle And Tan Chest German Shepherd Female In South East (RG9)
- Dog ID 35377
- Status Lost
- Registered 16 Dec 2011
- Name TEDDY
- Breed German Shepherd
- Gender Female
- Operation Spayed
- Age Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour Sable, black muzzle and tan chest
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged Yes
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed Unknown
- Date Lost 12 Dec 2011
- Where Lost From a field North End / Christmas Common border
- Lost In Region South East
- Lost In Post Area RG9
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info **STILL MISSING** Have you bought/seen/or looking after Teddy? She is 3 Years Old, MICROCHIPPED and SPAYED. IF SIGHTED PLEASE CALL ANY OF THE NUMBERS LISTED A.S.A.P
- Phone 1 07503 233945
- Phone 2
- Reward? LARGE CASH
- Listed By Shereen
- Views 30308
- Followers 16
- See more dogs Lost in RG9
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-05-06 19:49 denise
- Just had a look at the picture but she hasn't the black nose or the black mark between her ears. I will tell Sam and thank you for still looking out for Teddy it's good to know people are still vigilant
- 2013-05-04 17:59 Shereen
- please take a look at this girl...
- 2013-04-26 16:13 1951BONNY
- dog found in taworth posted on 4paws lost and found(done roaming rehoming) like teddy same eyebrows and fluffy.please check it outLast edited: 2013-04-26 16:19:41 by 1951BONNY
- 2013-04-25 00:54 Merlinsmum
- I saw this and thought of Teddy, also put photo on GSD United lost and stolen fb page ♥ x http://www.strayaid.co.uk/content/found
Date Found: 24/04/13
Where Found: Bishop Auckland
Approx Age: Adult
Breed: Stray Female Tri colour
- 2013-04-01 13:42 geny
- Sorry the dog was no Teddy, is it possible the dog is Roxy? One of the other dogs on this site?
- 2013-03-25 17:58 denise
- Hi Sam, so sorry the dog at the landfill site wasn't Teddy. Have they managed to trap the poor dog so can be safe and rehomed? Poor Zena, it is so sad I hope she will have a loving home soon. Don't give up, I read something on Dog Lost that an owner had good news after 2 years and was reunited! X
- 2013-03-25 13:28 glossoplass
- The dog is a female and she was taken to Viking Oak Kennels. You can contact them on 01732 883468.
- 2013-03-25 11:42 glossoplass
- I've sent an e-mail requesting more information.
- 2013-03-25 07:32 Claire Weston Turville
- Glossoplass is this dog in a rescue kennel in Sevenoaks? If so do you know the name of kennels please? TY
- 2013-03-24 21:28 glossoplass
- Long shot but might be worth checking.
24 Mar 2013 German Shepherd
Location: Sevenoaks TN15
Gender: Not Known
Our Ref: 296679
- 2013-03-24 21:18 Steph
- I had really been hoping that this was Teddy and that she would be back with you. Very glad she is safe, but hoping so much that you will be reunited with your Teddy soon x
- 2013-03-24 19:51 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, so sorry but the dog at the Landfill is not Teddy as Ray has said that the colourings are wrong. We will all continue to look for your Ted don't worry. Never say never xx
- 2013-03-22 10:57 Teddy's Mum
- Hi All!
Oh my goodness! Poor, poor, poor little Zena! How could this happen? She isn't little Ted but am so tempted to give her a home. Get well soon Zena, you are safe now with people who care.
Thank you all for sharing and twittering? xx
Thanks Claire and for the email. I am very sad that the GSD that has been sighted at the landfill site isn't Teddy, as I really wanted it to be her and had prayed that it would be as it would have made sense, if you know what I mean?
I spoke to the dog trapper a couple of weeks ago, and he is such a lovely man. He himself runs an animal charity in the West Midlands and helps people on a voluntary basis. Thank you Ray for helping this poor bitch as she really needs some help.
Thank you Doglost teams for doing such a wonderful job to help these poor dogs and their owners. Thank you Jane and Shereen!
Thanks to Alison and CJ for helping with the search at the landfill site.
Ray doesn't think that it is Teddy, as the markings are totally different and he is a GSD person, but we will know for sure when she has been caught. So desperately want to hang on to a small piece of hope!!! xxx
- 2013-03-22 10:01 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, have just sent you an email in regard to the dog at the Landfill confirming that it is not sadly Teddy. Will continue to look out for her as I'm sure others will as well. Try to keep your spirits up as I know its difficult xx
- 2013-03-14 21:05 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Circulating on twitter
- 2013-03-14 19:29 mathers22
- Teddy looks darker round her nose area but I could be wrong. Would be lovely I it was looks like poor Zena has had a tough time of it by the look of her head when she as found xx
- 2013-03-14 18:32 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi I have to admit that I have looked at Zena and I dont seem to be able to see a resemblance to Teddy. However, what do other people think? Not sure if Sam has looked at these as yet.
- 2013-03-14 14:38 cavalierandlhasamummy
- Ive just shared Teddys detail on my facebok and twitter, hope she is home soon x
- 2013-03-14 11:18 karen14568
- Hi - I've downloaded the photos of Zena at West Midlands Pound - download from my DropBox account to see or I've posted on my wall on FB - Good Luck - fingers and everything else crossed!
- 2013-03-14 10:41 wensmum
- Good luck Sam, I hope this brings you some news xx
- 2013-03-14 09:54 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Bumping Teddys page as she is featured in the April edition of Dogs Today magazine, out now. Hope it brings some news
- 2013-03-07 12:06 Claire Weston Turville
- Sam have you checked out Zena at West Midlands Pound Dogs?
- 2013-03-06 17:34 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Sam. I should be able to get over there on Saturday. Will probably leave it until late afternoon/early evening as think it more likely to see something when it's quieter. If I can I will do the same on Friday. Alison x
- 2013-03-06 12:16 sdodd308
- There is a german shepherd female in West Midlands Pound Dogs, there is a picture but its not very clear, can someone check it out please I will post what comments as they are written on facebook.
RESCUE NEEDED FOR THIS POOR GIRL-PREFERABLY WITH FOSTER
West Midlands Pound Dogs
1586 – ZENA – CAME IN THURS 28.2.13 – TIME UP THURS 7.3.13 – GSD female black and tan, on pain relief and antibiotics, had open wound to head, went to vets, cleaned and stitched, emaciated, weighed 18 kg, but on 5 small meals per day and putting weight on, got back dew claws which hang, will probably need to be removed, sweet natured, loveable, friendly, happy girlie, coat poor
condition, needs a good groom, about 4 to 5 years looking at her teeth, but temperament makes you think she is a puppy, gives lovely kisses. — with Allison Clarke and Maria Gsd Cranfield.
If someone can add me to Teddy's facebook page I will post the picture to go with the post. xxxLast edited: 2013-03-06 12:17:24 by sdodd308
- 2013-03-06 08:33 Teddy's Mum
- Hi All!
Thank you for the good luck wishes.
Kenny and I went along on Sunday and left scents, meat and vaccuum cleaner contents. We hopefully were around the area that Alison and CJ were describing. We didn't see the dog but it was the middle of the day, so didn't expect to. I was just so hoping to get a glimpse as so want it to be my little Ted. At least the dog is alive and will be rescued at some point. I won't be able to make this weekend, but will do the weekend after so will see whether Alison or CJ are around.
Teddy is getting lots of coverage ar Crufts so all good.
Vets get Scanning have used her and Dogs Today magazine.
So amazing the kindness and help from all you wonderful people. THANK YOU! xxxxx
- 2013-03-02 09:25 denise
- Good luck, be thinking of you and like you say if not Ted then it maybe someone else's missing dog that is needing rescuing xx
- 2013-03-01 12:38 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Good luck for this weekend Sam. I am not around on Saturday, but could be available on Sunday if you need me. Let me know either on here or email me (you have the address). Love Alison x
- 2013-03-01 10:18 Claire Weston Turville
- Good luck. x
- 2013-03-01 09:43 Teddy's Mum
- Hi again CJ, you are doing a brilliant job, thank you!
Will call you to see whether we can meet over the weekend so you can show me the areas where the dog may be.
Keep up the good work, so hoping! x
- 2013-03-01 09:41 Teddy's Mum
- Hi All!
I spoke to the supervisor at the landfill site who was very nice and helpful. He said that all the lads working there are country lads and animallovers so keen to help.
He is going to ring me if there are any sightings and I have emailed him Teddys missing poster and other photos for him to put up on site. xxx
- 2013-03-01 09:35 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Barney "n" Ozzies mum, thank you for the directions, I am going over with kenny to scent up this weekend, as Shereen has kindly sent me instructions on what to do. Thanks for that Shereen!
We will go armed with large bottle, meat and full vacuum cleaner bag of dust and dog hair!
Thank you Steph for your help!
It would be too amazing for words if this were to be Teddt, but whatever the outcome, this poor dog needs our help!
Thank you all, I am VERY tearful at the thought! xxx
- 2013-03-01 09:28 Teddy's Mum
- Hi CJ,Just sent you a personal email. Sorry, only just got the connection!!! Thank you so much for your help, I will give you a call. You are a fantastic help. You cannot imagine how I feel emotionally, so I really, really appreciate your help!! X
- 2013-03-01 08:35 Jill Murfin
- This is the link to Teddy's facebook page:-
- 2013-02-28 06:50 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Steph. Try searching for TEDDY IS STILL MISSING - PLEASE help us find her! (Hope this works). Off to work shortly so won't be able to log on again until lunchtime. Keeping fingers crossed for any new sightings/updates x
- 2013-02-27 23:40 Steph
- How can I find Teddys Facebook page? Really hope for her owners that this dog turns out to be theirs. I will keep my eyes open as I drive along these back roads each day and will report back if I see her again. Also, I apologise but I think I have clicked on report this on a post further down the page, it was a mistake - flipping ipad!
- 2013-02-27 21:55 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Thanks for the update CJ. Good to know that she/he is still around. It's quite windy tonight, so maybe she/he sensed you were close by and took off?
- 2013-02-27 21:19 CJ
- Hi all,
Took a good walk up the track about an hr ago, yapping/barking was heard just over on the landfill then appeared to move over across to the fields and stopped, I hung around a bit where I have seen animals track across before in an opening in the fencing but nothing....will try again on Friday when I am working at home.
- 2013-02-27 13:02 CJ
- Hi all,
Will take a walk with the camera early evening and report back any findings. Will see what food I can find to take her fancy....If I see her and can get a pic too I will do.
- 2013-02-27 08:16 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Just a thought CJ, if you see her could you try throwing some food her way, but not actually making eye contact, to try and start gaining her trust. I think we are going to have to take this really slowly as she's been out for so long, but if she associates you with the food, hopefully this will be a start in the right direction. Perhaps Sam could get up there do do some scenting too?
- 2013-02-27 08:12 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Thank you SO much CJ!! I got a tingle up my spine when I read your comment about the muzzle! I so want this to be Teddy, but at the same time really scared to get my hopes up!! Hope Sam is reading these posts xx
- 2013-02-27 07:51 CJ
- Hi all, I will try and take a walk up there early one evening....I am going to guess that if the guys at the landfill see her at 5.00/5.30 she must leave the site and move into the woods and nearer the train line/bridal path - I have ever only seen her at evening/night and never during the day - the bridal path gets a lot of dog walkers/walker/horses so she may stear clear?
Barney's mum - I have to say she certainly looks very similar - it's the muzzle which stands out - but very thin and wet, but yes, a possibility - I have been posting all the info there too.
There are a lot of badgers/foxes about so every possibility.
- 2013-02-27 07:21 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi ZX9girl. Have left a message for you on Teddy's fb page. The postcode is MK18 2HF (Brackley Lane). Thanks, Alison x
- 2013-02-27 00:11 ZX9girl
- Im not far from here what is the post code please?
Im gonna be out pos searching for Fagan who went missing 25th and as I dont seem to be sleeping well. Thought if I could get there early before 5.30 maybe be able to get pics of her
- 2013-02-26 22:33 CJ
- Hi all - no need for apologies Claire, was only if I could point in a direction to help - sorry haven't seen earlier...been busy today - Feel free if anyone wants to give me a call (07973 338656) if they are coming up or just want more info, can give you a tour and show you the spots I have seen her - also whether related but there has been a lot of yapping/barking the last 2 nights from that direction !?!?!
- 2013-02-26 18:20 Claire Weston Turville
- Oh I've just read further down I didn't know CJ was wanting to meet up. It was me that suggested going earlier. Sincere apologies CJ.
- 2013-02-26 18:19 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, can you give me a call re this dog up at the landfill. I have the chap's telephone number if you want to talk to him. xx
- 2013-02-26 15:46 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Sam. The people at the landfill site said there is definitely a german shepherd that's been hanging around since just before Christmas. The guy who normally sees her wasn't in today, so Claire is going to ring and speak to him in the morning to get a description etc. Apparently she is seen early in the morning, before the site gets busy. They close at 5pm, so I'm guessing she probably returns after then aswell. The bridleway runs alongside the landfill, so it can be accessed at any time of day. Hope this helps if you're planning to go and take a look yourself, Alison xLast edited: 2013-02-27 17:46:57 by Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- 2013-02-26 10:52 Ellie
- The obvious thing to me is that Teddy has a black muzzle! Does anyone know if this one has? Not sure whether this could have faded though! The pink/red collar sounds very suspicious though and as someone has already stated this poor dog has obviously been loved before!!!
Fingers crossed for you Sam!XX
- 2013-02-26 09:27 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- .Last edited: 2013-02-27 17:47:52 by Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- 2013-02-25 23:12 CJ
- Sam, have sent you an e-mail - would be happy to meet if you wish ?? Or anyone else for that matter who is involved !!Last edited: 2013-02-25 23:21:42 by CJ
- 2013-02-25 22:26 Shereen
- Sam, have re sent Scenting instructions to you via email...
- 2013-02-25 22:12 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Sam, I will send you an email, as don't want people turning up en-mass and scaring her away x
- 2013-02-25 21:59 Teddy's Mum
- 2013-02-25 17:25 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Shereen. I've left messages on both Sam and Teddy's fb pages. These comments make me even more convinced that the dog could be attracted by the landfill site, as the railway line runs along it. Would be worth contacting them so ask if they've seen her. Not sure if I'll be able to get over there tomorrow. Might also be an idea to put up posters around Calvert Green village.
- 2013-02-25 16:31 Shereen
- has anyone contacted Sam????............I think scenting in order here (by Sam) if the dog keeps being seen in the same place!
- 2013-02-25 16:27 Shereen
- have sent a link to Teddy's page to the original sighter (23rd) of this dog....will update when I hear back....(49243)
- 2013-02-25 16:17 CJ
- Been diverted here from a FB page if it is of any help,
Over the last few months have seen a German Shepherd very similar to this, looking very malnourished and a "light" coloured collar.
October 2012 Approx 11/12PM - Seen on the main road near the Calvert/Chardon crossroads, running straight down the road away from Calvert towards Gawcott, slowed as thought was a dear. As I went past it stopped, reversed back and it ran into fields near reservoir.
Dec 2012 - again 11PM seen on the same road but run straight out in front of me across the road
Dec 2012 - Approx 6PM Brackley Lane into Calvert, daughters shouted that they saw a dog outside, looked at and looked remarkably like the same dog running off to bridal way alongside railway line.
Jan/Feb 2012 - the 1st day we had snow this year !! Approx 5PM, walked down the bridalway towards railway line to take photo's in fresh snow - noticed dog prints which was wierd as no foot prints, approx 1/2 mile down following tracks came across same dog again staring down - kept going away from me looking over it's shoulder before eventually diving off to the right towards the landfill.
I hope this is of use to someone and brings you closer to tracking down.
- 2013-02-25 14:41 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- .Last edited: 2013-02-27 17:50:03 by Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- 2013-02-25 12:54 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Great minds think alike, eh Ellie?Last edited: 2013-02-27 17:48:49 by Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- 2013-02-25 12:39 Ellie
- Well done Barney'n'Ozzie's mum. You beat me to it! :)
- 2013-02-25 11:20 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Sam - have left a message for you on facebook. I live at Watermead now, so not too far away from the sighting. Off work with a heavy cold, but will take a drive around if you'd like me to?
- 2013-02-25 11:10 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Have you seen the GSD on today's found page - 49243. Said to be wearing a pink collar. Was Teddy's red? It could have faded.....
- 2013-02-19 18:41 wensmum
- Hi Sam,
You might want to do this?
DTA are going to crufts 2013! Hall 2 stand 65 .. We will be preparing some promotional material that will be distributed.. and we want to give you a chance of having your stolen dogs on our promotional posters please email details with a clear photograph & full details, name breed microchip & area stolen to email@example.com xx
- 2013-02-18 10:41 denise
- That's great news Sam hope there is some news that will lead to a positive outcome x
- 2013-02-17 13:28 Teddy's Mum
- Thanks to Doglost, I have been contacted by Dogs Today magazine who would like to put Teddy's details in their missing dogs column for April, which will come out in March. This is wonderful news as it will be out and copies circulated at Crufts, which couldn't be better for jogging people's memories!
Fingers and paws crossed that something will come out of this!
Thank you so much everyone and especially the Doglost team for helping me with this. xxx
- 2013-02-17 13:18 Teddy's Mum
- i did check out the lovely GSD female Ellie, but forgot to post in my haste. Always hoping but not Ted. Thanks Ellie!
Thanks Jill for sending her details to the Alan Titchmarsh Show and for adding her to the Lets Stop Dog Thieves facebook group.
It is so good to see that so much is being done now for those who have lost their dogs or had them stolen.
Great stuff! Thank you all. xxx
At last the sun has come out.
- 2013-02-04 20:09 Jill Murfin
- I have added Teddy onto the Lets Stop Dog Thieves facebook group and also sent her details to the Alan Titchmarsh show for their programme about lost dogs on 5/2/2012
- 2013-02-03 18:41 Ellie
- There is a found female GSD 48224. I'm always hopeful that one day it just might be Teddy. Please check her out Sam.
- 2013-01-25 10:23 Shereen
- the report below was checked out with cherwell council and It was a FOX!...picked up on the Northampton road by the cleansing dept yesterday.
- 2013-01-24 16:45 Shereen
- Latest Dogwatch alert today....needs checking out.....2. Dead German Shepherd?
A dead dog, believed to be a German Shepherd was seen by a driver, on the road in Weston on the Green, near Bicester today, 24 January.
- 2013-01-23 19:36 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Ellie, Denise, Claire, Wensmum, All! 46641 is male, so not Teddy.
I have eliminated 46766. I can see that it is not her.
Thank you mathers 22 for putting her on F/b again, it is much appreciated.
This weather is ghastly, will be so glad when we thaw out as creating lots of extra work and problems for us all.
Stay safe and warm everyone please. LOL....xxx
- 2013-01-23 07:50 wensmum
- There is also 47729, bitch, it says no chip but might not be working, also looks dark, but my sable has gone nearly black this year. Wish we could find Teddy
- 2013-01-17 12:31 Ellie
- I do wish Sam would reply about GSD 46766! I have tried sending her an email but have had no answer. I know she is probably very tied up with her other furry friends but I really think that she needs to check this girl out !!!!
- 2013-01-09 18:36 denise
- Sam, have you looked at GSD found 46766, like Ellie says on that post she could of been rehomed within the year of missing it is worth looking into?
- 2013-01-07 22:09 mathers22
- I am putting her on fblook again along with the other missing Teddy - may jog some memories or tug at some heartstrings xx
- 2013-01-01 07:21 wensmum
- May the New Year bring your beloved Teddy home xx
- 2012-12-30 09:22 denise
- 46766 female GSD found looks very much like Teddy but it is difficult to see clearly as she is in a cage.
- 2012-12-28 14:12 Ellie
- There is a found dog, large black and tan Gsd possibly female no 46641. Could be Teddy . There is no photo and the dog has been sighted only in the SW SP1.
- 2012-12-24 13:36 wensmum
- With all good wishes for Christmas, and hope for the New Year
- 2012-12-23 09:50 denise
- So sorry 46451 wasn't Teddy. Hoping the New Year will bring the news you have been waiting for. Wishing you a Happy Christmas and a happier New Year, will keep on searching for lovely Teddy xx
- 2012-12-21 14:26 Teddy's Mum
- To all my dear friends who have been such a wonderful support in the continued search for Teddy.
Thank you for giving up your precious time and for being there for Teddy and I.
I am still so completely heartbroken and cannot believe
that it is now just over a year since I have seen her.
I think of her so much every day but remain positive that one day she will come home to me.
THANK YOU ALL - I really wouldn't have found the strength to carry on without you.
I just cannot imagine how the family of poor little April Jones are coping this Christmas and my heart goes out to them.
Wishing you all a Happy Christmas with your loved ones, 2 and 4 legs, and a happy, healthy New Year.
All our love...........Sam and Teddy xxxxxx
- 2012-12-21 08:04 wensmum
- Oh, Sam, so hope this is her xx
- 2012-12-21 02:27 Shereen
- found dog http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_blog.php?dogId=46451
being scanned tomorrow/today...ears look a bit dark but photo has been taken in the dark.
- 2012-12-16 18:39 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, thinking of you and I still remain 100% sure that her "chip" will bring her home. Stay sane girl. Denise and I will be around to you in the New Year. xxLast edited: 2012-12-16 18:45:10 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-12-16 17:31 wensmum
- Thinking of you Sam, anniversaries are so hard. We are hopefully winning with getting more people scanning - one day all our beloved dogs will start to come home xx
- 2012-12-13 08:19 denise
- Hi Sam, thinking of you today as it is a year now since your lovely Teddy has been gone. I so hope Claire is right and one day!!! We will always keep on trying and Claire and I will be round to do more searching soon xx
- 2012-12-11 23:15 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, always thinking of Teddy and I still believe in the power of the "chip" and that it will bring her back to you. Will come over in the New Year, hopefully with Denise, and have a look around especially in the ditches now that the weeds etc have died down. Keep your chin up girl xx
- 2012-11-28 14:59 janiejewel1649
- Still no news of Teddy then? Hope there will be some positive news soon. Come on Teddy get youself found soon. All zd.
- 2012-11-25 19:01 mathers22
- Going to put her on fbook again can't do any harm. Good luck xx
- 2012-10-31 18:03 denise
- Hi Sam, Claire and I posted checkendon and back up to your way, there were a few but we put more up and at the equestrian centre and pub. If Anne (lady who saw possible sighting) you could, if possible do Woodcote that would be really helpful. She may come out again if Fireworks scare her so if anyone can get out that way, great! Especially on Saturday. Anne said she saw this dog for 30 minutes so she obviously got a good look, so fingers x.
- 2012-10-31 09:57 Ellie
- Hi Claire
Sorry, I wrote my comment in a rush before I dashed out to work. What i was trying to say was that that dog could have been the one that Ann and her daughter saw ! It was obviously dark and perhaps they couldn't see his 'extra bits' !1
- 2012-10-30 16:56 LYDNSYD
- CJ - Re my comments earlier about the "missing" GSD Posters in Tilehurst. I went to have a look for them and couldn't find any so it could be this dog has been found. I even called all the local vets to see if they had been informed of any missing GSD's but none had been notified. I'm hoping the dog Anne saw at Reading Road is the missing Teddy and hope you get more sightings fingers xxLast edited: 2012-10-30 16:58:04 by LYDNSYD
- 2012-10-30 16:48 Claire Weston Turville
- Sorry folks bloody computer gremlin playing up! Didn't mean to post the same comment 4 times!
- 2012-10-30 16:44 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Ellie the dog found in SL1 is a male and Teddy is a female. Good try though. xx
- 2012-10-30 16:44 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Ellie the dog found in SL1 is a male and Teddy is a female. Good try though. xx
- 2012-10-30 16:44 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Ellie the dog found in SL1 is a male and Teddy is a female. Good try though. xx
- 2012-10-30 16:44 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Ellie the dog found in SL1 is a male and Teddy is a female. Good try though. xx
- 2012-10-30 16:28 Ellie
- There is a GSD found in SL1 yesterday (29th) no 44567. Not sure whether this is the loose dog. Worth looking at !Last edited: 2012-10-30 16:29:08 by Ellie
- 2012-10-30 16:11 C.J. - POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- nearest GSD in that area is a male missing since sept http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_blog.php?dogId=43092
unsure if this would be close to posters seen in Tilehurst??
- 2012-10-30 10:16 Shereen
- I have not heard of any dogs missing or sighted since sat night ....I was out searching and didn't see you sam....I am just on my way to the docs I thiink I have a trapped nerve in my neck and X ray tomorry...so out of action at the moment.....one of my friends put some posters up...but more needed if you havnt done so already.
- 2012-10-30 10:08 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam/Denise, I can come over on Wed and will sort out some timings. I will ring later on today to one of you if not both. Good luck for today. xx
- 2012-10-30 08:55 LYDNSYD
- It would be wonderful if this was Teddy ...Re Missing GSD's -A friend of mine mentioned the other day that she had seen posters in Tilehurst for a missing GSD. I will try to get more info and contact the owner of the missing dog just in case this isn't Teddy.
- 2012-10-30 08:15 Jayne - Head Office
- Bumped...good luck with the sighting...
- 2012-10-29 23:03 Julie
- Keeping everything crossed for you that this is Teddy with all good luck in your search and I will keep checking back and so hoping to see her in the blue. Julie x
- 2012-10-29 17:04 denise
- Sam I will come over and search with you, or Claire can you help? If Anne saw the collar then this must be her, Sam we need to act on this, we need all the help we can get, this could be the answer to your prayers. I can come tomorrow afternoon and Wednesday, but I'll ring you tonight. X
- 2012-10-29 10:12 Ellie
- Wow ! I do so hope this was Teddy Sam.Can the local people get access to Teddy's poster? Is there anyone in the Reading area that can get the ball rolling here, like they did in FoD for Quigley? Let's make this a great Christmas for Sam. She does so much for other furry friends in need of help, this is the least we can do for her!
- 2012-10-29 09:07 Teddy's Mum
- Anne went onto this site as she is familiar with Doglost and has friends who are volunteers. She is convince that the dog was Teddy, after seeing the photo, otherwise she wouldn't have got my hopes up.
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE could anyone walking their dogs in the area keep ears and eyes open.
If anyone lives locally, I would so appreciate her poster being put up.
Thanks again. xxx
Shereen may hear of a GSD that got out on Saturday. Could you let me know asap if this is the case to put me out of my misery as I am beside nmyself. xx
- 2012-10-29 08:54 Teddy's Mum
- Hi All!
I had a call from a nice lady called Anne who said that she saw Teddy on Saturday night between the hours of 23.00 and midnight. She was running scared as there were fireworks. Anne and her daughter tried to catch her with treats but she ran away. She said that she looked well and was still wearing a collar. The dog ran across the very busy and dangerous Reading road towards Checkendon.
If only this could be Teddy, it would be the best christmas ever!!!!
I went over there yesterday afternoon and drove around looking for sightings.
I will ask admin if they would be kind enough to bump Teddy.
PLEASE EVERYONE PASS THE WORD AROUND.
Thank you. xxxx
- 2012-10-24 14:02 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Ellie, Shereen and All,
Sadly, 44299 is not Teddy, but she does look very similar I agree! Black saddle area on back smaller and not quite such a long nose.
The search continues but THANK YOU! xxx
- 2012-10-23 21:29 Ellie
- There is a female GSD found no 44299. There isn't a picture yet but I think that it needs following up. Could possibly be Teddy fingers crossed !!!!!
- 2012-10-19 18:19 denise
- Kimmybear Sam and I need a contact number or name of the kennels because we can't find which the place is that could have Teddy you mentioned.Thanks
- 2012-10-16 10:05 Teddy's Mum
- Dear All,
43819 lovely Tammy is not Teddy. It looks like she has an offer of a home which is fantastic, after the terrible time she has had. So very happy for her.
Thank you so much for your continued support.
Very down and sad that there is still no news of my beautiful girl and aware that it will be a year in December.
We are all doing every thing we can to find our missing babies and think about them all of the time.
Mail shots, advertisements in the Veterinary Record, letters, emails to everybody we can think of, and nothing has brought any news.
I know Ellie, it is very sad that this is happening.
keep up the good work though!
Will check out the girl in kennels in Essex. Thank you kimmybear.
- 2012-10-14 23:07 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Have texted Sam, but I don't think this is Teddy as assume kennels would have checked for chip, but kind helper said there is a 3/4 years old girl like Teddy at Braintree kennels, in Essex.
- 2012-10-12 10:26 denise
- Hi Liz, I will tell Sam re dog I'd 43819 but she hasn't the long black nose like Teddy, she has had a bad time I hope she has a good home soon!
- 2012-10-11 17:36 Liz
- please check found dog id 43819 listed on 9th oct.
- 2012-09-30 15:27 Ellie
- Hi Sam
Just to let you know that I have been out postering this week with Quigley posters and were concerned to see that there were no posters around for either Quigley or Teddy ! I did actually see one of Quigley on the Icknield Way but that was it. I think that some 'jobsworth' has been out taking them down !:(Last edited: 2012-09-30 15:28:19 by Ellie
- 2012-09-26 19:23 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, have emailed you separately but just in case you might like to consider doing this if you haven't already done so:
Today we had Kent police using the scanner for a lot of dogs in one place they were ''visiting''
Whilst many on site are chipped owners have still not put in the chip number.
IT IS SO IMPORTANT THAT THIS IS DONE AS IT LINKS DIRECT OUR SITE TO THE SCANNER.
IT GIVES A MESSAGE REPORTED AS MISSING ON DOGLOST.
OK IT WILL STILL SCAN THE DOGS BUT IF IT COMES UP AS MISSING THEY CAN SEIZE THE DOG STRAIGHT AWAY. THEY DO NOT HAVE TO WAIT TO PHONE FOR DETAILS WHICH IS NOT ALWAYS POSSIBLE UNDER SOME CIRCUMSTANCES.
SO OWNERS PLEASE LOG IN ADD YOUR CHIP NUMBER. IT WILL NOT BE SEEN TO EVERYONE. ONLY YOURSELF AND SOME ADMIN DOGLOST STAFF.
IF YOU CANNOT DO THIS YOURSELF SEND AN EMAIL WITH DOGS NAME POSTCODE OR ID NUMBER IF KNOWN. HEAD THE EMAIL MICROCHIP DETAILS AND SEND IT AND WE WILL GET IT DONE.
FOR THESE SCANNERS TO WORK THE BEST WAY WE MUST HAVE THE CHIP NUMBER PUT ON.
- 2012-09-08 10:05 mathers22
- I've put circulated her on fbook again good luck in getting her back where she belongs - I have one who is 10 1/2 I would be distraught xx
- 2012-09-08 08:58 Claire Weston Turville
- Really hope that this brings some info in. Fingers crossed as always xx
- 2012-09-08 06:18 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Teddy is in the Veterinary Record.
- 2012-09-01 12:21 janiejewel1649
- Soirry to see Teddy is still missing. All xd for his safe return.
- 2012-08-31 11:00 Beezle
- Just to update that the dog in Woodley last week was a large long haired male. He was microchipped and has gone back to his owner. Sorry, still looking for Teddy.
- 2012-08-31 09:48 Jill "GSD lady" Murfin
- Just an update there has been a possible sighting of Teddy in WOODLEY SHOPPING CENTRE, READING . . . . . . Sam received a call from a lady who had seen one of the flyers in her local post office and rang to say she thought she had seen a dog fitting Teddy's description running around the shopping centre on her own certainly not with any sort of handler the other day. Sam is going to Woodley today to place more flyers hopefully in the shops around where this sighting may have been.
if this could be "bumped" on the missing dogs list i am sure Sam would be everso grateful to bring this possible sighting to people's attention in the area, thank you !
if and when there is anything to update Sam will i am sure post on here.
- 2012-08-21 12:47 Shereen
- What a shame ....Thanks Carol for helping Sam...at least we know now...good luck Milly..the search continues...x
- 2012-08-20 16:00 Teddy's Mum
- Hi All,
Gorgeous Milly looks very similar to Teddy. I have spoken to a lovely lady at GSD Rescue South, who was very helpful. She told me that the previous owner had had Milly and Codie from puppies, so really did know the history. Milly is chipped and her number is different from Teds. Carol checked again for me.
Just hope that gorgeous Milly finds a wonderful, forever home.
I will link GSD Rescue South to Teddys facebook page, to try and find that special home for Milly.
Thank you Sherren and All for checking the Rescues etc out.
We will find her! xxx
- 2012-08-18 18:39 Jill "GSD lady" Murfin
- Sam has seen the link to Milly; she has contacted the rescue and left a message...............she will continue to ring until she can speak with someone to ensure she can eliminate this dog; Sam hopes to get some more photos emailed to her aswell to check for specific markings :)
will update further when there is more to tell :)
- 2012-08-18 13:16 Jill "GSD lady" Murfin
- Im onto this GSD you have mentioned now Shereen and Denise; as you suggest of course this needs checking out fully so she can be eliminated like our possible find the other week "up north ".......................
facebook is spreading the word far and wide about Teddy which is wonderful for Sam; just wish she had been able to set up a group last December rather than 7 months later but hindsight is wonderful is it not? Teddy is being shared frequently with missing pet/dog groups as well as GSD specific groups on facebook and beyond..................... hopefully it will only be a matter of time now :)
having just looked at the photo of "Milly" i can see many likenesses BUT there is no black splodge on the top of her head between the ears as Teddy has but i am contacting Sam now with the info ! THANK YOU again and i am sure one of us will update later when Sam has checked this out properly.Last edited: 2012-08-18 13:19:21 by Jill "GSD lady" Murfin
- 2012-08-18 08:35 denise
- Yes ok she is worth checking out then will get onto it, thanks.
- 2012-08-18 00:15 Shereen
- im not 100% sure on this but unless the rescue has a FULL history on this dog from a puppy...im pretty sure they cant tell 100% if theyre speyed or not until they are opened up, unless they have an obvious scar...one of my dogs doesnt have a scar at all, but I had her done...I think its worth at least calling the rescue and seeing at least if they have a history on Milly...I know she came in with another dog but it doesnt say how long the previous owner had her for...I would certainly at least check it out.write a list of questions you want to ask before calling then you know that you havnt forgotton anything..
- 2012-08-17 07:49 denise
- Shereen, I got so excited she looks so much like Teddy until I read about her she hasn't been spayed so it can't be her but so alike what a disappointment :(
- 2012-08-16 21:54 Shereen
- can this link be checked out please...'Milly'
- 2012-08-16 09:52 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Denise & Sam, you are doing a grand job especially re-postering. Sorry I can't help at the moment but with you in spirit! Have you changed wording to "STILL MISSING" by any chance? xxLast edited: 2012-08-16 09:55:28 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-08-14 18:38 denise
- To add to last comment, it is re-postering and flyer distribution as most of the original ones have gone and want to let people know she is still missing.
- 2012-08-14 17:27 denise
- Did some flyer distribution around Nettlebed, lots of people aware of Teddy missing which was encouraging, will do more at the weekend in surrounding villages, there are lots! A few things came up to look into too. Also notifying tourist boards of her disappearance so they can spread they word.
- 2012-08-07 20:52 Claire Weston Turville
- Not Teddy now confirmed.
- 2012-08-07 12:22 Ellie
- He/she certainly has the black snout and the black blob on forehead ! Also similar black back !
- 2012-08-07 07:57 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Might be a long shot, and gender currently unknown, but have you seen gsd on found page - 41905?
- 2012-08-06 19:52 Jill "GSD lady" Murfin
- Just a brief update; I have spoken with Sam this morning and as the village hall is unavailable on the date wanted the fun day won't be on the pre-mentioned date but is in line to happen once all arrangements have been finalised. Fun day rather than car boot sale by the way so no need to discuss the logistics of a car boot sale .......................
As for public liability insurance it is not expensive and is in place to be purchased once dates are finalised so that is not an issue requiring further discussions.
As for the posters the councils in Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire have been consulted today and they have confirmed that they do consider posters to be fly posting and will as previously stated take them down when they are displayed on council land. Private land is a different matter but obviously that requires permission from the land owner; Sam is aware aswell that some locals do remove posters as and when they see them so i hope this clarifies the poster queries.
Teddy has a new design of poster and Sam has these placed strategically throughout her own area and is continually finding more and more places to display the posters, so hopefully they will bring something postive very soon.
Hope this clarifies Teddy's update for you so far...............
- 2012-08-06 12:36 denise
- Hi Ellie, sounds like you had a busy time in Wales home for a rest now! I agree with your idea,car boot sounds good, everyone likes a rummage! There could be an entrance fee for car and buyers and if weather bad maybe in Sam's barn for people to do table top sales. With the additional stalls you mention too, but it is the public liability thing again possibly and weather as summer is nearly over and making people aware it just might be too much to organise now! But I guess it is up to you Sam but I didn't think you were keen on the idea knowing all the problems it could involve. With the posters, Claire, people don!'t like them up too long and you are probably right as it has been a few months now so need to re do with new wording.
- 2012-08-05 21:10 JemHarvs
- Hi guys, having a talk with Sam tomorrow about location for fun day if a lot of work and lack of space at her place, did ask village hall but unavailable, may be we have to arrange another day in advance we can get things rolling, will update re fun/awareness day once discussed options tomorrow. The hall would have been great answer for queries re loos and insurance etc.
Re posters that's a good idea to perhaps put STILl missing perhaps in writing and any new info come forward etc etc. glad noone like council forestry etc take them down must be locals like u said re dates, surely if they had a heart and dog they wouldn't tho? Who knows? Kids also? Maybe squirrels. Just need to keep replenishing I guess. Car boot sale seems good idea also will mention to Sam x
- 2012-08-05 19:02 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Ladies, re the posters: It could be that people/walkers take them down because of a date on them and possibly think that the dog would now have been found after all this time. Always a thought that on new posters maybe wording such as STILL MISSING - CAN YOU HELP FIND MY DOG as a useful suggestion.
Also, not wishing to upset any of you at all but I was under the impression that "dog day/show fundraising" was on the point of being cancelled because of the upheaval and not forgetting the additional workload that would be placed on Sam and her land! I did suggest to Sam, that if she were keen to go ahead then might not a local village hall, with all facilities that would be required and already in place be more suitable! I, and I'm sure Denise, who also lives local to me, are more than happy to help out in anyway we can to continue to raise awareness of missing Ted.
- 2012-08-05 18:55 Shereen
- Okay,...Poster re the council.... They will NOT take them down (ive spoken to them on several occasions re this) UNLESS they are obstructing a public highway or road junction....they encourage us placing them anywhere unless it is doing so....as to regards of the forestry commision,...They have always said this is fine UNLESS they are stapled/pinned to trees ( they can be put up with string) and have always said they WILL put them up for us if we email the posters to them...(they are lovely as they are always in the area and will alway keep an eye out in the Oxfordshire Buckinghamshire area and have alway been very helpfull...So, if anyone is taking posters down...you need to look closer to home...the residents as they ARE the ONLY people we have ever had problems with...yes I wish this was different as if it was THEIR dog who was missing They would welcome our help...yes it is sad I know and I wish it was different but this is the way it is in this area and yes it does feel like a war... but we have to keep going...its the only way...Im sorry....we cant stop though....Never, till the furbabies are home.
- 2012-08-05 17:55 C.J. - POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- re comment by Claire Weston Turville
Just one other thing that perhaps might be very relevant but what about Public Liability Insurance as people will be coming onto Sam & Kenny's land?
Definately something that needs to be considered. I have fund raised for doglost for past 6 years at various shows and this is something that is always asked for.
It toadys age of sue them as much as you can- it is something that anyone undertaking anything involving the public needs to consider to be safe.
- 2012-08-05 17:34 Jill "GSD lady" Murfin
- As far as I am aware; Sam had been putting more posters up of Teddy - she had mentioned she had seen the new Quigley posters and when she returned to same areas as the posters they had been removed...................i was not suggesting another dog is missing in the area but it seems there are people removing missing dog posters no matter which dog they are detailing. It seems so sad; i know the councils class them as flyposting and do remove them but it seems such a shame as they are the best way of spreading the word within the local dog walking community.
As for car boots / fun days to raise awareness for Teddy; something is in hand and arrangements being set out but Sam needs to get confirmation on various things before this event can be publicized as a set date and time so for now we need to wait for Sam to update once things are in place for it to go ahead.
I can also confirm that Sam has ensured Teddy's flyers have been displayed in other outlets rather than on the local dog walking route to ensure her details are seen by as many different people as possible and the awareness is kept to the forefront of the community as a whole.
hope this clarifies a couple of points ? :)
- 2012-08-05 16:20 Ellie
- Hi All
I'm back from Wales, shaken and completely stirred having spent sometime with my 13 month old grandson. I can recommend the Teddy Bears Picnic on the Tallylyn steam train if anyone is that way. We adults had a better time than the kids and I even got to take my 3 JRTs along for the ride too ! I've been thinking about the Fun Day and I don't want to pour water on anyones fire, but I think we need to keep our feet on the ground a bit with it ! I'm a bit worried that we could be going into this and spending a lot of money but not actually getting much back: eg I don't know what it costs to hire toilets but I doubt whether it's cheap, and supposing only a handful of people turn up ?I personally think that we need a main theme, and in this case I'm thinking Car Boot Sale ! Does Sam have a field big enough ? People do love Car Boot Sales and I think that is what we need to attract them with. Then we could also have the other things too , such as face painting, dog grooming , Tombola and perhaps a Bouncy Castle at a pound a bounce to bring in the extra cash !I also think that the charity should be Dog Lost as they do a lot for our poor lost little souls and certainly provide hope and a place to go to when in need of help and comfort.
Perhaps you can let me know what you think..... it's okay I have a thick skin ! We will also have to advertise it quite a time before hand, perhaps in the papers !
- 2012-08-05 15:59 Ellie
- Hi Shereen
I just want to say how very sorry I am to read about your dad. I too have been there and it is absolutely horrible and my heart goes out to you. It doesn't seem like it now but time is a healer and although I lost my dad in 1986, I still think about him everyday. Although it's the happy times that we shared that now come to mind. I do hope you are coping okay with your family and everything else that goes with these sad times and if I can help in any way then please let me know !
- 2012-08-05 10:07 Shereen
- Thanks JemHarvs...All I was trying to do was establish which posters and if there was a different dog in the area because of the found one in OX49 the other day...it would never be a war between anyone we do this for the dogs :(
- 2012-08-05 10:00 JemHarvs
- Shereen really sorry to hear about your dad. Of course Sam sung your praises about your help that's why I was contacting to see if you had any more ideas etc. I know everyone on here is volunteers and do what they can to help, that's why I like it and now too am helping and putting up posters around Essex for dogs lost in that area.
We all have busy lives but do what we can to help, I wasn't having a go, but merely suggesting if there was a prob with posters like comments below we all help together. I wish I hadn't now and will keep my thoughts to myself. things on here can get misread judged etc.
I was just trying to help :-(
- 2012-08-05 09:39 Shereen
- JemHarvs ....I would LOVE to know what bitterness your talking about?...yes I recieved you email last week ...but maybe Sam forgot to tell you I Lost my Dad the end of May and ive been sorting his house out virtually on my own where the house has been in the family 100 years....I wont even go into other things ive been dealing with as well as bringing up a family and working voluntarily for doglost...we are volunteers and do everything we possibly can....sam may also of forgotton to tell you who was out looking for her dog in the first two months,when she was far too busy to because of the volume of horses she looks after...so please dont judge!!! I, as a volunteer go above and beyone whenever I possibly can...im so sorry I cant help with the fundraising but ive been busy to the point of exhuastion the last two months...so much so I didnt even get time to read the whole of your email and respond...it sounds like the fundraising is in capble hands and good luck to you all....but I can assure you there is NO bitterness!!! why on earth would there be?? by the way I know why this site is here ive worked as a volunteer for over 3 years
- 2012-08-05 08:47 JemHarvs
- RIGHT this is not a war of posters. This site is to help as many people as we can as possible in our area and beyond!
If posters have been taken down and replaced with other dogs that is just disgusting as everyone is hurting from the loss of their loved ones! But I'm sure there's other reason why (kids, tree protesters etc) and this is getting out of hand! We should be helping each other!
If u are looking for a dog in your area perhaps you can see what others in that area need posters there too (I have done this for Essex)
I lost my grandpa a year today, it still hurts a hell of a lot and these dogs are like our family do we just want them all back!
So if we could all pull together and stop bitterness and help each other this would be fantastic!
Shereen I emailed this site over a week ago and they said they'd forward to you, did u get it? We really would appreciate some help/ ideas etc etc as we're starting to plan a fun day/awareness day /dog show to get locals aware again with money going to charities, which I'm sure could help other dogs too, what do you reckon any ideas?? X
- 2012-08-05 00:00 Shereen
- Jill "GSD lady" Murfin...Which posters are you referring to??...Im up in 'Teddys' area alot and ive not seen any of hers for quite a while now (Unless of course Sam has them directly outside her property still??)....saying that 'Team Quigley' and I were up there only last week as we needed to put a few more up to keep his profile high and even then we saw none of Teddy in the area where we were....or are you saying we have another missing dog in the area now?...there was a dog found in the OX49 area a few days ago so I really want to establish if the owner is looking for that dog??...I can assure you (IF you are talking about Quigleys posters) that we really wouldnt be doing what we do if you think the posters we put up the other day are replacing Teddys (ie but ripping hers down) which is how your post reads...seriously!...so, ill have to go there again to make sure nobody has taken any down and also to see if the found dog from the other day doesnt have an owner desperately looking for him.
- 2012-08-04 23:26 Shereen
- 2012-08-04 23:26 nicky
- 2012-08-04 23:26 Ruth
- 2012-08-04 16:17 Jill "GSD lady" Murfin
- Teddy's posters are being distributed once again throughout Sam's area; if anyone is able to distribute posters in their area then please let Sam know and she or I can email the files to you or send some out to you...............sadly posters places strategically in Sam's area have been removed in favour of another missing dog which is really sad - - - i cant understand why both flyers cant be left on display but they will and have been replaced so little harm done.
Please join Teddy's facebook page :https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/250355735066756/
and help us spread the word; we need Teddy's details passing throughout Sam's home area and throughout the UK until she is found and home!
- 2012-07-30 19:27 Jill "GSD lady" Murfin
- Public Liability Insurance is already in hand; I have sent a couple of links and Jemma is also onto this................. this was of course the first thing to have been checked out prior to any arrangements being put in place aswell as the risk assessment for the event. It doesnt cost much for an event such as this and will be worth every penny :)
- 2012-07-30 18:38 Claire Weston Turville
- Just one other thing that perhaps might be very relevant but what about Public Liability Insurance as people will be coming onto Sam & Kenny's land? Would hate for them to be liable just in case someone has an accident as people seem to be living with a "suing culture" these days. Its a thought. Maybe this would be worth checking out before everybody gets too far down the road inthe organising!Last edited: 2012-07-30 18:41:07 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-07-30 18:06 Jill "GSD lady" Murfin
- Have chatted with Sam this afternoon and she is still recovering from the thefts the other day so hasnt been on here to comment yet; with regard to the ice cream van / burger van suggestion i made to Jemma the whole idea of this event is to raise awareness that Teddy is still missing from Sam's area rather than raising funds that is incidental. Also to do your own BBQ etc is somewhat concerning as the burger vans etc are governed by strict laws from the council and as such the reputable ones are licensed to sell etc etc which means no issues should there be a food poisoning type problem - - - - -that is why i suggested finding one locally to save Sam the worry.
There are different ways of getting payment from these fast food type mobile sellers either by an agreed fee which they pay no matter what they sell or dont sell or they pay a percentage of their profits.................obviously the weather governs what the percentage is if you opt for that choice!
This whole excercise is to promote Teddy's disappearance and hopefully get some local leads as to here whereabouts.................it is not being done primarily as a promotion for any other organization or other missing creatures. Sam is using her own field and Jemma is organising on Teddy and Sam's behalf and I am sure with just over 4 weeks to go the organizing can be done and in place ready for an end of summer awareness campaign about Teddy just prior to the schools going back after their summer vacation and it will be a success with regard to the purpose for which it is being arranged.
- 2012-07-29 19:02 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi JemHarvs, re the loos I personally think your'e gonna need more than one! Otherwise the back of Sam's shed will be in constant use!!!!!! Re Ice Creams van be aware they will only give out a percentage of their take for the time they are there likewise hot dog/burger/fish & chip vans. I would have thought that burgers/hot dogs can be done by our own BBQ-ing what does anyone else think. This is also a "men only" catering part 'cos men just love to BBQ! Also on a separate note The Bucks County Show is being held on 30 Aug at The Bucks Showground would anyone from Doglost put up a stall and poster up missing dogs in the area plus hand out info/merchandise on Doglost and what its aims are. Maybe something worth asking Shereen or NIck PR Doglost.
- 2012-07-29 14:35 JemHarvs
- Thanks Claire a gazebo will be great! Re loos: Sam has one in the barn we will be next to and said we could use, do u think that will be enough or get loos in too? Definately go via Sam with ideas, text and speak to her with things I think of.
Jill on Facebook has come up with ice cream can idea, will ask Sam and ring a few of them up.
Yes please if you could ask celebrities that will be greatly appreciated! Date is Definately set for 1st after speaking to Sam this am.
Hope the weather will be good for that time of year, but then with England you never know, so gazebos will prob be a good idea x
- 2012-07-29 13:52 Claire Weston Turville
- I can bring along a Gazebo and will no doubt be able to put up some raffle prizes in the form of bottles of something. Plus some other unwanted gifts collected over the years! Before we all get carried away we do need to check on the cost of portaloos, how many etc as these costings will need to be taken into account on entrance money. What about food ?BBQ usually a good money spinner but again costings will need to be worked out. How many helpers can we expect to volunteer and be likely to turn up? Has anyone else had experience of organising these things amongst us. My other half usually does a lot of these for charities but sadly will be unable to join us on that Sat but I can glean lots of ideas from him if you all want. I think chairlady or chairman should be Sam and Kenny as it is to be held on their land and ultimately they should have the final say on all things that are proposed. Let me know your thoughts. I am quite happy to try to approach celebs and costings for portaloos if you all would like me to. xx
- 2012-07-29 12:09 JemHarvs
- Ok has anyone got a/some gazebos we could borrow for the fun day? 1st Sept guys put it in your diaries! Glad you can all make that weekend, looking forward to meeting you! Sam is excited and said he will post here soon, she has just been really busy sorting the stolen horse troughs out!
Also to Clarify all proceeds from the day will go to DOGLOST and GSD RESCUE!
So the more bric-a-brac and cakes etc to sell, and games to play the better. Many Thanks, posters being created as we speak x
- 2012-07-28 21:59 JemHarvs
- P.s Yes Denise if you haven;t spoken to Sam recently, show is going to be held in one of her fields nr toilets etc. (Very kind of her to let us use field) hopefully closer to home the better to make people aware of area etc x
- 2012-07-28 21:59 JemHarvs
- P.s Yes Denise if you haven;t spoken to Sam recently, show is going to be held in one of her fields nr toilets etc. (Very kind of her to let us use field) hopefully closer to home the better to make people aware of area etc x
- 2012-07-28 21:57 JemHarvs
- Hi Sam/everyone,
Just a quick note before I head off to bed. Claire - what a fabulous idea re the troughs! perminent paint! that'll make them think twice! Sam did you check scrappage yards in area?
Looks like it will be the first weekend of Sept Ladies! Think we were thinking the Saturday for the kids etc, but I'll have a see if I can move things about?
Sam checked other dog/horse shows in your area and there are some weekend before and after (8th) but couldn't see any on 1st!
Claire sounds a good idea to invite celeb Paula Hamilton ( i think i know who she is?!?! lol ) - i'll google her lol.
Another thought Jill GSD came up with on facebook was Bruce forsyth (or daugter who had dogs stolen) but the more we ask the better chance we have of getting someone right? Or the more celebs turn up the better they may be able to help and spread the word bigger too.
Have been out looking for a local Border Terrier "Billy" local to me in Essex this afternoon/eve and there's just so many nice dog walkers out there also told some of them about teddy's story so we may have a few more people pop up on doglost!
Anywho better shoot, speak to you soon Sam about final date and poster etc xx
- 2012-07-28 21:16 Ellie
- 2012-07-28 21:16 Ellie
- Hi All, Sorry I haven't managed to get back earlier but as usual have had to work yesterday and today ( the story of my life) ! I am changing my hours Sam ( in my main job) and am cutting down to two days a week but haven't been able to do it yet because of shortages of staff due to holidays and pregnancies ! Would love to help out on Teddy's Day but can omly do the first weekend in Sept as I've got to go back to Wales the second week and if that wasn't bad enough I've got my Ozzie neice who's in London on business and I've been allocated the weekend of the 20th for her to stay before going home ! I'm feeling exhausted and dizzy thinking about it ! To add to this I can't do Saturday's as it's a day that I work for my Husband and it's always a busy, busy day that I have to do. However, I could do Sunday and hopefully help out in other ways !
I do hope that your problems have been sorted and they catch those b******s and give them their just deserts although somehow I think they'll proabaly get a slap on the wrist and told not to be naughty ! I know what I would like to do with them . It involves a tree , a length of rope ,and some dangley bits ! I'm getting angry again so had better stop there ! You mentioned my JRTs. I have three. A brother and sister that are 13, and a five year old Parson. They are all totally mad but extremely lovable and real characters. I must say that I love all dogs but JRTs have just got to be my favourites. I think it's probably because they amuse me so much with their antics.
Well, I've got to do a few jobs before the off tomorrow so will have to bid you all goodnight. Will be intouch when I get back and hope for some good news too!
- 2012-07-28 21:16 Ellie
- 2012-07-28 19:36 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam/Denise. I did manage to have a word with Sam this morning before I went out to Stewkley. Had a good long look and drive around very slowly through Stewkley, Drayton Parslow & Mursley and a bit beyond. Spoke to lots of dog walkers out with their dogs this morning and have made them all aware of this dog. Some didn't know but a lady had seen it this week but couldn't say what gender the dog was. She hasn't seen it since but it was hanging around the churchyard but have to add that was earlier on this week and she hadn't seen it since. Will happily go out again if not caught by Monday if this helps.
Provisional - Dog Show: Another name I thought of for local celeb as I mentioned to Sam was Paula Hamilton who used Doglost (I think) and of course the police when her dog was stolen earlier on. Now reunited with her. I am free on the first Sat in Sep but not too sure about any of the others at the moment. I know Sam said that she would donate half of the proceeds from the "Show" to Doglost and the other to GSD Rescue - what a lovely gesture and I'm sure that if we do get this "off the ground" and have a few more details then perhaps Nick PR person from Doglost might have a few other suggestions that we could put to good use on the day. I am happy to approach celebs when we have a definite date/venue set. Theft: On the theft of your troughs Sam, why not paint on the new ones something like IF YOU RECEIVE THESE AS SCRAP METAL THEY ARE STOLEN AND YOU WILL BE TRACED. It would take the thieving gits a bit longer to respray or paint over etc. xxLast edited: 2012-07-28 19:45:46 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-07-28 08:26 denise
- Sam so sorry about the theft I just can't believe this bad time you are having. This Doggy Fun Day is great count me in, I have loads of bric a brac and will obviously do more for other stalls but where is it going to be held? On your land? Claire, Teddy was wearing a red collar with a heart shaped ID tag good luck with the capture fingers crossed it's Teddy xx
- 2012-07-27 22:12 JemHarvs
- Facepainting if anyone can do this? Balloon making? x
- 2012-07-27 22:12 JemHarvs
- Facepainting if anyone can do this? Balloon making? x
- 2012-07-27 21:45 JemHarvs
- If anyone has any bric-a-brac or unwanted gifts for the fun day we will be most grateful!!
I am going to raid my loft this weekend!!
p.s. Claire how would we go about asking someone like that to attend??? Also thought of countryfile bloke(cant for life of me remember his name - alburn hair) erm Rolf Harris? lol
- 2012-07-27 21:39 JemHarvs
- Claire that is a fab idea of getting a celeb involved!!! Lets do it! Those two love dogs and sure they wouldn't mind helping us what do you reckon? Could put that on poster to boost it too? x
- 2012-07-27 21:37 JemHarvs
- Ok people TEDDY'S DOGGY FUN DAY is the name. Spoken with Sam today about my plans and ideas for this day and we were getting excited over all the things we can do.
She said she'd love to have you all come and help and join in the FUN! Claire/Denise/Ellie can you make the 1st September?! We were thinking before the kids go back to school? what do you reckon.
Here is a list of things we have come up with so far, if you can think of anything else and/or if you would like to do anything in particular please dont hesitate to say:
- Cake/refreshment stall
- Doggy cakes/Treats stall (+guess how many doggy treats in the jar-wins the lot!)
- Lucky Dips for kids
- Other games for kids to do?
- Guess how many sweets in the jar
- Guess the weight of the cake
- Paddling pool for dogs, (fetch the tennis ball in the water?)
- AND of course a BIG STALL of photos an information about teddy (and lots of posters around the ground)
We were thinking of doing a mini fun dog show too (about 5/6 classes if anyone can help with that?) Most handsome, waggiest tail, prettiest bitch, best veteran and quickest biscuit catcher.
- ooo and was thinking might get more people in my saying Interested in having own stall to sell bits pay entrance fee for that?! Must bring own table
Sam said you are all wonderful people so would love to meet you all and we can help spread the word together! Sams request after reading your note earlier today Ellie is that you do a stall hehe.
And IT WILL BE FUN!! and raise awareness of teddy at the same time!
Let us know ASAP if you can make the 1st september and i will start drafting up the posters to spread about!xx
- 2012-07-27 19:18 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam again. Forgot to ask did Teddy have a collar on when she disappeared and if so what colour? Following a Found (sighted only) GSD not sure of gender as yet and have offered to go and help catch if required as not too far away from me.
- 2012-07-27 19:16 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, so sorry to hear about the thieving metail bastar*s taking your water troughs. Are you able to replace with plastic ones by any chance? or even old baths with the plug hole cemented in? At least they haven't taken the horses thank goodness. Reference JemHarvs idea of a fun day which I think is wonderful and if I'm around would love to come and help out. Will probably be able to conjure up some raffle prizes for the day as well. Would need a local doggy celeb - any ideas? Ben Fogle springs to mind or even Matt Baker from One Show TV Progxx
- 2012-07-27 09:29 Ellie
- Poor Sam. These thieving B******s are the lowest of the low. They are the real scum of the earth and I don't care who knows it ! It's about time that we stood up and demanded something be done about them ! They cause misery across the board with decent law abiding people and I for one am sick to the eye teeth with them ! They have probably stolen them for scrapping as I'm assuming that they are metal. They ought to be quite easy to track except every Tom Dick and Mr Plod going spare is on Olympic duty ! I think I'd better sign off here because what I am thinking might just get me arrested in this bloody stupid PC country ! Will get back when I've calmed down !
- 2012-07-27 07:36 JemHarvs
- Just recieved a text from Sam, stupid theifing b****** travellers have stole her horse water troughs yesterday! how low/disgusting is that to deprive water in this heat!! Morre work for poor Sam too.
Which makes me wonder do you think the travellers have Teddy? or has this been explored? Will find out more. Absolutely disgusting!! The more reason I want to help! x
- 2012-07-27 07:30 JemHarvs
- Hi everyone!
If you haven't been/seen on facebook I recently met Sam and we have been talking through ideas of a doggy fun day to get the awareness of teddy going again in her area. Plan is to perhaps have various stalls, cake stalls, doggy treats/cake stalls, perhaps a nail clipping session
(by me - dog groomer- £ can go to dog lost or to sams reward) if hot perhaps a dog paddling pool? bric-a-brac stall (if people have anything want to get rid of?) AND of course a big stall with lots of photos and information about teddy!! (and vets get scanning info etc)
Maybe a mini dog fun show? What do people reckon the more help/ideas the better, we can all congregate and help spread word.
Was thinking weekend in sept (1st/ 8th or 22nd so far)
Am seeing Sam again soon so will discuss ideas further. Please throw us ideas/suggestions etc, all welcome. Lets do this.
Sam is such a lovely/kind lady who deserves her Teddy back! She'll do anything for anyone so I want to help her in this way. :-) xx
- 2012-07-26 14:57 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Ellie!
How are you? Thought that you were thinking of giving up work and getting some "you" time!!!!
Well...one extreme to another. It is hot,hot, hot!
My work also increases with this as well, what with fly rugs, sprays, masks that they seem to get off, so i am constantly putting them back on! Poor babies are like us, they just do not know what is going on and how to adjust.
Nice to see some sun though.
You have timed your break just right, glorious sunshine this week and off to Wales next, where I am sure that the sun will continue to shine for you.
I do have a fewother dogs Ellie. Poor Denise was rather overwhelmed by my very large, boisterous German Sheppies!!
Did you know that i also have a very gorgeous Jack Russell Terrier? You have two, don't you?
She is absolutely wonderful and my bestest, loyal, LITTLE friend. She is hilarious and sorts all of her big brothers and sisters out. If she wants a big boy bed, then she has it, no questios asked!!!!! Just to make you chuckle!!!
Have you seen "Teddy's" facebook page? It was wonderful og Jill to set this up for her, and the support she has received is amazing.
There is lots going on so hopefully she will be found sooner, rather than later. Fingers and paws crossed!
Gemharvs came to see me on Monday. She lives in Essex, so it was very good of her to give up her time and to come so far out of her way.
She is a groomer, so she kindly trimmed knots from ears and groomed the troops! Buzz Lightyear, my little Jack, had a lovely grooming sesssion and was also treated to some special doggy cologne which smells of baby powder. She felt very special and was very proud of herself.
The doggy cologne smells better than some of my perfumes, so I must get some!!!!
have a wonderful break in Wales and a well deserved break.
Catch up soon............Sam xxx
- 2012-07-26 14:18 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Denise,
Lovely to catch up with you again yesterday, and discuss all the goings on. I forwarded your email with all the details to Jill and asked her to send you the link to "Teddy's" facebook page, so you should be able to get on then.
Teddy is still missing - please help find her
Thanks to your friend for putting Teds posters up at the show. xxxx
- 2012-07-26 14:12 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Claire,
I had a look at the lovely girl and sadly it isn't "Teddy".
Too dark on the head area, Ted is only dark on her muzzle area.
Really praying and hoping that she is reunited with her owners soon. Thanks for checking the found dogs for me Claire. Hot enough for you this week? Double the work for me with horseflies, rugs, flymasks and sprays etc... xxxxx
- 2012-07-22 09:23 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, just have a look at dog id No 41424
on Found section just to rule out Teddy. Dog's colourings do change after a time. xx
- 2012-07-20 18:06 denise
- Hi Sam, great to see you did you get my email, lots of ideas. The BMW you saw I really think you should put a large plea up where it was seen just so we can discount it? Would the pub be willing to also put this up? Could be a person using that road to go to work we just need to know if Teddy was knocked then she could also of been picked up and cared for as well by someone else! The dog show at Risborough that my neighbour is organising, maybe a LARGE poster from you would be good to display? Warm, dry weather is on its way, so they forecast, hope so xx
- 2012-07-20 12:02 Ellie
- Hi Teddy's Mum
I'm still thinking of you struggling through this horrible weather and hope that you are coping ok. Next week is meant to be better (if we can believe what we hear) with temperatures reaching 80s !! Not sure whether it will be nice heat or that awful muggy heat but I guess as long as it stops raining then it will be a bonus
It sounds like you have some plans taking shape so will be keeping my fingers crossed and hoping all goes well.
I'm back in Wales the week after next for a change of scenery and a brief escape from this 'modern day slavery' ! We need to bring back Charles Dickens so that he can write about us all and tell more future generations how hard it all was living around the turn of the century !:)
Hope you are keeping well and upbeat. I didn't realise you had other dogs too ! Do you have more than Battersea ?
What about all those bears? Have you got a Rupert ( very posh) Paddington or Pooh ? I know..... you have..... silly me for asking !!!!!!
Oh well, time to do some more drudgery. Keep your chin up Sam and will 'speak' with you soon !
- 2012-07-19 22:00 JemHarvs
- Hi Sam,
Sounds like you had a good day with Denise and Claire and have come up with a few plans etc.
I have got a got idea for you, I dont know if it'll be any good, but will explain to you when I see you next week, was Monday good for you? Will give you a call in next day or two, so hectic at mo looking forward to some time out and meeting you.
Would love to meet your 'polar bear' I cant believe they shaved him all off, couldn't they save anything? Poor lad,mind you it'll soon grow, just sometimes a different texture!
Have joined fb and will give it a boost by sharing it with friends.
Will have to log off now as laptop incredibly slow, taken half hour to write this! So will give you a call!
Jemma - frustrated.com xx
- 2012-07-19 09:46 Teddy's Mum
- Dear Denise and Claire,
Thank you for coming over to help me on Tuesday, it was great to see you and discuss latest and what next to do for Teddy.
Thank goodness that you didn't come yesterday - it was dire all day wasn't it! Got drenched.
Trying to put together all the information etc.
Speak soon..............Sam xxx
- 2012-07-16 09:06 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, just spoken to Denise and we are meeting up at 11 am and will then be over. Looking forward to seeing you once again and hopefully no rain will fall upon us but will bring the Ark, snorkel & flippers just in case! xx
- 2012-07-16 07:43 Teddy's Mum
- Speaking of wonderful friends, I am so excited and looking forward to seeing you tomorrow morning, Claire and Denise!
Could you make it at 11.30 though as I need to get the ponies done first and get some horses in?
Please bring your waterproofs and wellies as we are on a mission.................. LOL Samxxxxx
- 2012-07-16 07:38 Teddy's Mum
- Hi JemHarvs,
Great to hear from you! Yes, my mobile number is:
07503 233 945 and please do give me a call next week. It would be great to catch up for a walk/cuppa.
As you are a dog groomer, you must see one of my boys; I have a large, fluffy, white GSD with a long, dense coat called "Mr Polar Bear". As Ellie would say, I like my bears!!! Anyway, his coat gets quite matted in spite of best efforts to remove them. I took him to the groomers and he came back looking like a giant chinese crested - poor man!!!!
They thought that it would be easier to take it all off.
He looks like a labrador now and I have had to buy him a raincoat rather than a parasol, which it should be at this time of year!
I notice that it is raining again today.
Thanks for putting the posters up in Essex Jem.
"Teddy's" facebook page is going really well and she has lots of supporters nationwide now.
All of her flyers are available as a pdf and she has new posters also. Please email me if you need any.
firstname.lastname@example.org and i can also send you the link to her FB page.
I will have alook at poor Rambo's page and share his poster as much as I can.
I would like to win the lottery also, so that I could hire a pet detective to help find ALL of the missing dogs for their distraught owners.
As you say , this site is great for uniting people and i have been lucky enough to have found and made great friends. Thank you, xxx
- 2012-07-15 18:15 denise
- Hi Claire spoke to Sam, is Tuesday at 10.30 at Sam's ok with you? Let me know if you want us to go together, text me or ring me.
- 2012-07-12 22:28 JemHarvs
- Is your number the above one sam? on poster? Would love to win lottery or similar so I can go part time and just walk/drive around and help fine all these lovely doggies and Teddy! I am a dog groomer so when teddy is home I would love to give her a free bath and pamper for you!?
Dont give up Sam and friends you are doing so well and admire you for it! This site is great to unite people and someone must know where teddy is! I will join facebook page and twitter once set up and bombard "celebs" for retweets like i've done for lost(stolen)rambo GSD in Essex, it must help!
Hope all goes well and remember positive mental attitude! x
- 2012-07-12 22:18 JemHarvs
- Hi Sam,
Finally back on computer after our internet down, looking for updates! Was this your partner streaking in Henley torch relay thought of you when i saw your comment then saw the news!? lol. good way to get attention hehe.
I am on route to devon now (not marley as planned thats another week in aug) a week monday 23rd? if you are free/around for perhaps a walk around/cuppa if you're free or on way back the friday that week? would be nice to meet you and help in a little way i can?!
I have put posters up around where i live in Essex and told people who have looked at posters and told them all about vetsgetscanning too! so I know we have people on the look out this way too.
- 2012-07-12 19:34 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Denise, great. Will wait for Sam to confirm. Just think when the rain stops we can look forward to snow!!!!! I think we're probably missing out summr this year. I've got a bloody squirrel in my garden who has already started to bury his nuts in my front lawn and when I catch him!!!!! PS: will bring the snorkel, waders & mask with me on Tue!
- 2012-07-12 17:48 denise
- Hi Claire, Tuesday is fine for me too, how about you Sam? So sorry you had to come back early we had to as well from the canal trip, how much longer is this going on for, I'm sick of it!
- 2012-07-12 17:15 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Denise, Tue next week is the better day. Forgot Monday I have got a man coming to put up new blinds and then got to shoot over to Leighton Buzzard. PS: came back from Cornwall a day early - too much wet stuff going on down there!!!! My suntan was in danger of looking like "rust".
- 2012-07-12 08:29 denise
- Hi Sam and Claire, which day is best? I can do Monday 16 or Tuesdsy or Wednesday. Hope it will be drier, had a monsoon here last night! X
- 2012-07-12 08:25 Teddy's Mum
- Morning everyone!
My goodness the sun is shining!
Just to let you know Denise and Claire, that I am unable to do next Wednesday, any other day is fine.
So sad about Lennox. xx
- 2012-07-11 16:11 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Claire,
You make me chuckle. I was going to send Kenny, but thought that might send everyone running in the opposite direction bless him!
I went to Henley armed with posters and leaflets, but didn't get as many out as i would have liked.
It was all very subdued and not quite what I was expecting, whereas Bracknell and Reading torch relay was heaving with people and would have been better.
Looking forward to seeing you next week.
Happy Birthday Bob! xxx
- 2012-07-11 16:03 Teddy's Mum
- Dear Denise,
Really looking forward to seeing you and Claire.
Either of those days is good for me.
How are Ned and Jo?
You are all of those lovely things you say about me and much, much more. xxxx
- 2012-07-11 15:59 Teddy's Mum
- Dear Ellie,
You do make us chuckle, laugh and cry!
Claire has told me not to add to the watery conditions that we have too much of at the moment, and there you and lovely Denise go being your wonderful selves and making me blubber all over again!!!!
A sense of humour getting you into trouble has got to be a good thing surely.
Keep up the good work and wit! xx
It does keep me going Ellie, you know that.
- 2012-07-11 10:21 Ellie
- Hi denise
You are so right about Sam. I've never met her yet I can tell that she has a heart of gold from just reading about her ! I'm glad that I can drum up the odd smile, as even when our hearts are breaking we still need to smile and have the odd laugh ! I think that is important, otherwise we would be inclined to just give up. I must say though that my sense of humour sometimes gets me into trouble ! I don't care though, I just like to make people smile !! :)
- 2012-07-10 17:11 denise
- Ellie, you certainly make us all smile with your comments. Sam is a special lady with a heart of gold that is why we all so want to help her find Teddy and try and keep her positive when she feels down and I know you give her that lift when she needs it from time to time.
- 2012-07-10 15:11 Ellie
- Hi Teddys Mum
I am a lot better now thanks, certainly on the mend. The Sun project sounds very promising and hopefully will bring a lot of new interest to our cases.
I'm so sorry about this weather and how it must be affecting you. It's bad enough with my three JRTs, drying them and cleaning them up , so what it must be like for you with all the poopicking, then I can only imagine !
Sam, have you ever thought about a change of career ?
Have you ever thought about becoming an astronaut? I'm sure if you rang NASA then they would be able to fit you in ! You could exchange your soggy weatherproofs for a nice dry spacesuit , which are apparently very comfortable providing you don't suffer with flatulence !! :)
Seriously though, I think you need to start taking it a bit easier where possible ! I must say that everyday I think of you and look up to the Heavens and say to myself, surely there can't be anymore up there- can there ? Back in the real world though, I know you would never swap your vocation with anyone which makes you one of those very special people that we are so very short of today !
- 2012-07-10 08:12 denise
- Sam and Claire, only days I can't do are 19 and 20th so beginning of the week is best for me. I think, Claire, it will be umbrellas and waterproofs!! Xx
- 2012-07-09 20:14 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, now do please stop adding to the watery conditions we are all in!!!! I shall have to watch the news tomorrow night or at least Bob will be glued to it to see if you are on it! Happily come over and check out whatever and if Denise can come along so much the better. I await your call Ladies. xx Get the sunscreen out or umbrellas!
- 2012-07-09 14:57 Teddy's Mum
- Dear All,
I know that I am very teary and emotional at the moment, but I do love you all so much for your unwaivering kindness and support. THANK YOU for being there for Teddy and I.
You made me chuckle Claire, but I beg to differ on the normal front. I am completely barking mad as well as not being computer literate!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxx
- 2012-07-09 14:52 Teddy's Mum
- Dear, dear Jill,
What can I say - you are amazing and I cannot thank you enough for setting up "Teddy's" facebook page. It is great but am unable to look at it without bursting into floods of tears, so am glad that you are in charge.
It was lovely to talk to you yesterday and learn more about this dynamic lady. Thanks a million! xxx
- 2012-07-09 14:48 Teddy's Mum
- Dear Denise,
Welcome back, we have missed you!
So sorry that your week was a wet one, but I am sure that you made the best of it and enjoyed the break anyway.
It would be great if you and Claire could come over when she gets back from Bob's birthday bash in Cornwall.
There is something we need to check out girls. xxx
- 2012-07-09 14:44 Teddy's Mum
- Dear Alison,
How is the house sale/hunting going by the way? Any joy?
Thank you for the Olympic Torch idea. I decided not to go to Aylesbury today as it is too far and I don't know it. But - I am doing Henley tomorrow instead. It is not far from me and I feel a need to restart awareness of "Teddy" in Henley again. So watch out for on the news tomorrow night as I strip naked for Ted in front of the cameras!!!! What a horrible thought!!!
Good idea again Alison - Thanks xx
- 2012-07-09 14:39 Teddy's Mum
- Dear, dear Ellie,
I am sorry to hear about your chest infection, is it better now as you posted that ages ago?
I think that if you can afford to , you should give up work and concentrate on yourself more and Teddy and I definately need you and love you to bits!!!!!!
The Sun has requested more info on misssing dogs in the area to link in with Missing Teddy so I am busy trying to put that together in between poopicking ponies keen deep in mud in my waterproofs of course. Had loads of horse/pony things to deal with which is why i haven't posted much recently. Bit tired and emotionally weary Ellie! xxx
- 2012-07-09 09:21 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Denise, when I get back from a hot and extremely sunny Cornwall with temps way above average - yes OK I know I'm dreaming!!! on Fri 13th I am virtually free next week and wondered if you wanted to go over to Sam's with me and perhaps "do" a bit of walking around the perimeters that she may not have had time to do - subject of course to Sam's permission. Only day I can't do is 19th. Let me know. I seem to have dyslexic fingers today so if there are any mistakes in this message ignore please!
- 2012-07-08 22:31 denise
- Hi Sam, I am back now from a very wet canal boat trip. I just got your answer phone message and read all the posts. I posted along the canal route and gave out info cards about Teddy. I will ring you tomorrow and if you want me to do anything or Claire if we can do something together let me know. Try to keep positive but I know it is hard and this awful weather doesn't help. X
- 2012-07-08 19:01 Jill "GSD lady" Murfin
- I have had a lovely conversation with Sam this afternoon and have set up a facebook group for Teddy here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/250355735066756/members/#!/groups/250355735066756/ please take a look and ask to join and help us spread the word about this beautiful GSD. The group is titled: TEDDY IS STILL MISSING - PLEASE help us find her ! THANK YOU!
I am also in the process of setting up a webpage for Teddy so the link is here but this is visible but also still under construction and can be found here:
i am in the process of setting up something on Twitter for Teddy and Sam aswell and will update on here as soon as I manage to complete this little task.Last edited: 2012-07-08 19:02:29 by Jill "GSD lady" Murfin
- 2012-07-07 10:27 Ellie
- That's so nice to hear Claire. I must say that I was getting a little worried about her as she hasn't posted lately . I know how she feels though as I am in a similar situation and have to wait for a visiting son to help me sort out computor problems ! I hope she gets sorted soon. Bless her !!
- 2012-07-07 09:56 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi All, just had a telecall from Sam and she has asked me to put a message on here to the effect that she is unable to get onto the site today. Hopefully normal service for Sam will be resumed soon. Is she normal - yea of course she's normal just not computer literate!!! Lovely lady though xx
- 2012-07-06 20:29 Claire Weston Turville
- Brilliant help. Clever lady. Thank you.
- 2012-07-06 19:43 Ellie
- Excellent news Jill welldone !
- 2012-07-06 19:34 Jill "GSD lady" Murfin
- A facebook group will be up and running over the weekend; I will post the link once it is "live", there will be flyers available in word format, JPEG or PDF format to copy print and display for Sam and Teddy.
I have been chatting to Sam about the post office mission and have the relevant files on my computer which are being used for a stolen horse mission aswell.............. the links will be added to Teddy's FB page aswell for all to share. Please be patient for a day or so whilst the page is made ready to go "live" and hopefully make Teddy too hot to handle and get her found and home to Sam very soon!
- 2012-07-04 19:40 Claire Weston Turville
- I can't believe that this time last week we were spread out on a beach and it was hot and sunny and the only thing that was wet was the sea! Hey ho Cornwall in the rain next week!!! I have a big main PO Sorting Office at Stoke Mandeville - mile up the road from me. If you wish just send me some posters or I can collect from Denise if easier if she is your way and will see what I can achieve. Also there is another large PO Sorting office in Aylesbury Town Centre which I can go into if you wish once sorted. Hopefully after next week and if in agreement with you I can come over but I would like to do is some walking around the perimeters of your acres if this would help. Maybe access some areas that perhaps you haven't been able to do. Let me know. PS Kitchen holding up well and builders now moved out - have to say wonderful job and very very impressed with them. xxLast edited: 2012-07-04 19:42:15 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-07-04 12:45 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Sam. Sorry I haven't left any messages for a while (busy trying to sell our house) but have still been checking Teddy's page. Just seen a brilliant suggestion on Sid's page (36348) about handing out fliers on the Olympic torch route. I think Aylesbury might be nearest for you? There should be hundreds of people lining the route, so would be a fantastic opportunity to make more people aware of Teddy and other local missing dogs. What do you think? Perhaps a multi poster would be best? The torch will be passing through Aylesbury on Monday (9th). By the way, the Hearing Dogs Summer Show was cancelled, so didn't get to hand out any fliers :) Alison x
- 2012-07-04 10:35 Ellie
- Hi Teddy's Mum
How is the Sun campaign going ? Is there anymore news on that yet ? With regards to the white van and the false number plates, these are often picked up by the police with the computors that they have in their cars. With the systems that they have these days, there's not much that slips past them . They know all about you before they even pull you over in a lot of the cases ! Big Brother is watching us all the time, although sometimes when you really hope it is, it doesn't seem to be ! But please remember that they found little Ruby in Bedfordshire after a year and after similar circumstances !!
I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself at the moment as I have a chest infection which seems to be dragging me down too ! Unbelievable really to have illnesses like this in July !I must say that the weather certainly doesn't help either with this constant rain. Poor you having to constantly wear waterproofs !
I'm seriously considering giving up part of my job so that I can spend somemore time on myself and doing the things that I like to do like helping on here. There are times in your life that you reach and it makes you feel that enough is enough ! Well done with the PO campaign that seems a good one too. As we know, everyone uses a PO !
Please cheer up Sam and remember that everyday we are one day nearer to finding Teddy ! :) XX
- 2012-07-04 09:56 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Claire,
Welcome back!! Bet you can't believe the weather - it is only July after all!! Still got my waterproofs on!
Did you have a lovely, relaxing, sunny time?
How is the kitchen holding up?
I am speaking to Jill re a post office campaign, so will let you know.
Still waiting to hear final figures from all interested re national advertisement so things moving in the right direction for Ted. xx
- 2012-07-03 18:07 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, I'm back and signed up to the petition (which I did before I went away). Please let me know if you or Denise would like me to to do anything. I am away from Wed -Fri next week as it is Bob's birthday (where he collects his pension for me to spend!!!!) and then at home.xx
- 2012-07-03 18:00 Teddy's Mum
- Dear Holly,
I think of you and Quigley often also.
I haven't posted on his page as I am at a loss to know what to say. I cannot imagine how you must both feel at having to return to the States without Quigley.
The pain of losing our beloved dogs does not get any easier as i am sure you agree and our hearts are still breaking.
I will look at the Blog and am sure that all of us have something useful to offer any unfortunate person in our situation. I just want to help/support/prevent others from suffering an experience such as ours.
It would be so very kind of you to include a photo and dedication to Teddy on the site. Thank you!
Do I need to email you the dedication or do I do it on the site? Help!
I will continue to take Quigley's poster out on my sandwich board when I next go out and we will all be searching for him, Rags, tucker, Poppy, Brook and all the far too many gorgeous missing dogs out there.
Take care both..........Love Sam and Teddy xxxxx
- 2012-07-03 17:45 Teddy's Mum
- Dear lovely Denise!
Thank you for being there for Teddy and me as always.
I have been very tearful over little Ted over the past couple of days, so need to be strong again!
I did leave a message on your answerphone last Friday night, and thought that you were going on a well deserved break?
Brilliant job that you did on those missing dog sites as the alerts are getting through about all these poor missing babies! I can't bear it! We must all think of all the cats that go missing too. xx
- 2012-07-03 17:38 Teddy's Mum
- Dear Wensmum,
Thank you for that information, and keep me posted on the forum that neil is setting up.
I didn't know that you could stipulate that a dog could not be rehomed without an owners say so. That is interesting.
kenny and I both signed the petition a while ago thanks.
Thank you for circulating Teddy's details on the Leicester Animal Aid Site, it is another county! Great!! x
- 2012-07-03 17:31 Teddy's Mum
- Dear Jill,
Thank you so much for emailing me, I have sent you a response.
So glad to hear that you have many GSD's yourself and are a huge fan of this fantastic breed!
Thank you for sharing Teddy's details on the facebook pages, I really appreciate it and thank you for sharing your contacts.
Thanks for the animal communicator contacts, I have tried one already and another "Ginny Patterson" was very kind and said that she couldn't help as she mainly helps with horses.
It doesn't matter where you live Jill, it matters that you have been kind enough to take the time to read Teddy's page and share her poster with others.
It makes me very tearful at the kindness of you all and of your support for my lovely little girl. xx
- 2012-07-03 17:16 Teddy's Mum
- Dear JemHarvs,
Your very kind words have just left me in floods of tears.
I try to be strong but just miss Teddy so much and think of her every minute of the day!
It is all about giving something back and helping others is the only way I know how to do it.
Thank you for your kind words and for thinking of little Ted!
It is very kind of you to put posters up in Essex, and involving your cousin in Uxbridge, it has got to help!
I would love to have a walking buddy when you come to Marlow or just to see you for a cup of tea!
Please give me a call! Very kindest regards. Sam and Teddy xx
- 2012-07-03 17:01 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Snopeak,
How are we ever going to catch these people?
It is just so very sad! Thanks!
- 2012-07-03 12:40 Quigley's Mum and Dad
- Hi Sam and Wensmum,
I hope you are both well and making some positive progress in your searches. I think of you both often even though I have been pre-occupied with our impending move.
I just want to let you know that I have a blog called: www.whereohwherehasmylittledoggone.com that I was inspired to start a few months ago.
It is aimed, like the forum of which you speak, at giving information to others in our unfortunate situations. In addition to sharing information on a the doglost forum (which I will be happy to join as well and I think is a great idea), I urge you to take a look at my blog.
I would be happy to have either or both of you write a guest blog post or posts on topics which you feel passionate about related to searching for a lost dog. Also, feel free to elaborate on any topics I have already posted about. If we continue to share and link it through our facebook, twitter and doglost pages, it will reach and help many other people as well.
Although I dedicate every entry to Quigley, if you would like to write a guest blog or blogs, I would also be happy to include a dedication and a photo of your own dogs and a link to their facebook pages through your guest blog article. Let me know if you are interested.
I am also happy to join in on the national advert, even if it happens after I leave.
I do plan to continue my involvement in the search as much as possible even thought we are going to be in the States. And, I am blessed to have team Quigley at the helm!
- 2012-07-02 21:11 denise
- I have just signed the petition for vets to scan like you suggested wensmum. I read Bruce Forsyth's plea to do this as so many dogs are lost/stolen and because of media coverage the dogs were reunited to his family. Sam this is why you and others should do a national media coverage (Holly is agreeable to it and she leaves soon) . JemHarvs, I know Sam welcomes awareness everywhere so yes put posters in as many areas as you can that is such a big help, thank you and Jill keep looking at the rescue centres the more people searching different areas, the better chance Teddy will be found.
- 2012-07-02 17:05 wensmum
- Neil is setting up a forum, where we can discuss ideas, and post things we have found out to make things easier for those poor souls who have just lost their dogs - things like telling your microchip data base you do not want your dog re-homed with out your say so - because this can be done! Also, please, if you haven't, go on vets get scanning website, and sign the petition to ask vets to scan all new patients.
Teddy's poster has just been circulated on Leicester Animal Aid site
- 2012-07-02 15:52 Jill "GSD lady" Murfin
- I've tried to link the poster to as many of the GSD / missing / rescue groups as i am in on Facebook; sorry not read all the posts below does Teddy have her own facebook group and if so please can you post it again so we can encourage more to join the search to help you.
Sorry im near Blackpool and share info is all i can do from a distance but i do have some rather good rescue contacts throughout the UK and will share for you.
Again you will have probably been trying already but there are some wonderful animal communicators out there who will assist with missing pets there is a list here:http://www.reikicare.co.uk/html/act2practitioners.htm
- 2012-06-30 22:59 JemHarvs
- Sorry me again, ever so sorry to be a pain, but stumbled across this lab when looking for dogs found - found in Christmas common,the number is: 40392 Do you know anyone else looking for choc lab when you were out and about? what breed was quigly by the way? Male choc lab picked up by warden.
I hope this helps someone and gives you a glimpse of hope that dog wardens are picking dogs up.
Praying for teddy!x
- 2012-06-30 22:38 JemHarvs
- Hi there, i am newish to dog lost and started following #findrambo a stolen gsd from essex, I have since seen your page and have read it til I have been in tears and you are so so strong I know how you do it!
I really want to help but am in Essex area, I have family in Uxbridge and will forward a poster over to my cousin and ask her to put some up around there if thats any help? Will put some posters up around places I work in Essex too if you tihink that'll be of any use?
Keep being strong, you are an inspiration and have helped so many people yourself! Hope for your safe return of teddy soon and if there's anything you can think of I can do from Essex i'l be glad to help! I am coming down in a few weeks to Iver/Marlow to see family if you need a walking buddy, but I hope and pray teddy will be with you by then!!
All the best and PMA! xx
- 2012-06-30 18:03 Snopeak
- With regards to the comment below about the near abduction, according the Vehicle Registration Database, the reg is for a VW TD35!!
Stolen van with false plates?
- 2012-06-29 10:25 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Denise,
We are all just heartbroken at the loss of our beloved dogs.
I am just desperate to get Teddy back and jump at any chance in which I think will help this happen.xx
- 2012-06-26 19:55 denise
- Hi Sam I think an article in a national newspaper is brilliant as do all the owners in the same position as you, desperate to get the word out in all areas about their beloved dogs. I am sure they would be interested in running something especially with the thefts. All the heartbroken owners just want to do something that will be seen by millions, go for it. Ellie has a good point with the Post Office ads, let me know how to help.
- 2012-06-26 15:24 Teddy's Mum
- Hi All,
Another fantastic idea Ellie. I really like it!
I have spoken to the Sun and they may possibly put something in, but I am waiting to hear. Will keep you posted.
I will speak to a lady I know who is manager of a post office to see if she can also come up with the best way to approach it.
I will also ask Brooks owners how they went about it.
Good one Ellie!
I have contacted Ragsie's mum (32420), regarding an advertisement in the Mail. It is £800 for a 5 x 7 ad and we need 27 owners for a page.
I suggested sponsorship from a large company such as Pedigree Chum? Anyone got any contacts or ideas?
Poor Ragsie's mum is distraught, I so want to find her little dog for her. I see that she has tweeted Teddy's details. Thank you so much!
So important that we are here for each other. xxxxxxx
- 2012-06-26 15:10 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Denise,
I don't know what breed of dog it was. The alert came through from Dogwatch yesterday afternoon and I was so shocked that I had to share it with you all immediately.
I would very much like to know what the police are doing about it as the lady was able to give so much information.
It is more information for me to add to my editorial that I send out to media etc.
How is Ned settling in? Has he got into a routine yet?
Will ring you when I get a chance. xx
- 2012-06-26 15:00 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Ellie!
They seem to be everywhere, I know!
Kenny thinks he saw that white transit only the day before at the top of our road near Hollandridge Lane.
But to take the dog in front of the children is truly despicable!! x
- 2012-06-26 09:42 Ellie
- I went into the Post Office in Woodstock (Oxon) on Saturday and while being served I noticed a Lost Dog poster on the wall for a dog lost in the North West ! It surprised me a bit to see a dog from so far away, but when I got home in the evening I looked him up and reading the comments it became clear ! Apparently the owners are sending posters to every Post Office in the country ( about 12,000) alomg with a covering letter, for the simple reason that ALL people use P.Os quite frequently so hopefully somebody would see the dog and recognise him !
It seems quite a hard task but I wondered what you might think about that Sam .
The dog is called Brook and his number is 29259 (North West).Take a look.
- 2012-06-25 21:48 Ellie
- I do believe these *******s get up at Christmas Common too. I've been up there on odd occasions to walk my dogs and have seen these types pull in there ( where the sculptures are) and slowly drive along looking at cars. They're probably after breaking into cars as well as stealing dogs !
- 2012-06-25 21:16 denise
- how awful, what type of dog was it? How could it of been a stray in a car!!! What are the police doing, thank goodness she got reg number. I tried Harebells no such number now so I guess they have closed down. Great if you do the newspaper and put in about this kidnap of the dog in Aston Rowant it is so awful to hear this goes on. Xx
- 2012-06-25 15:48 Teddy's Mum
- Hi All!
Please be vigilant.
These sick ******** must be stopped!
They would probably come off worse if they tried to approach me with my Sheppies and my bite is far worse than the Sheps!!!!! xx
- 2012-06-25 15:43 Teddy's Mum
- Anyone local to Aston Rowant, Watlington, etc. please be alert...
Dog snatchers are back attempted abduction this morning in Aston rowant, owner put dog in car and children in car and went back in to house for bag came back out dog gone from car, owner ran straight up to the road and in a white Transit Van (J172TRD) was the dog, owner ran up grabbed dog, yelled at bloke who promptly shut the doors and drove off claiming he thought it was a stray! Owner got full registration and has informed the police please be extra vigilant with your dogs a split second later and this one would have been gone. please copy and paste this to get it round to as many people as possible with dogs its sickening to think these people are now literally taking them out of cars with children in.
- 2012-06-25 09:31 Teddy's Mum
- Of course we would be happy to join the other owners.
Just needed someone to help coordinate.
Thanks, I will visit Rags page now. x
- 2012-06-24 19:09 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- If owners want to get together for group postering around dog shows, events, fairs, etc it will reduce cost and more people available for searching and postering. xLast edited: 2012-06-26 23:48:21 by Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- 2012-06-24 14:01 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Denise and All,
Still can't get through to Harebells! They must be so busy as they don't have time to answer!
Just can't think what to do next.
Poor little Teddy, we are still trying desperately to find you. We will never give up on you. xxxxxx
- 2012-06-21 08:18 denise
- Hi Claire, have a lovely holiday and fingers crossed we'll be sending you a txt. Sam did you get through to Harebells, where else can we try? Xx
- 2012-06-20 20:37 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam/Denise please let me know if you find Teddy whilst I'm away. Send me a text please. Good luck xx
- 2012-06-20 07:34 denise
- Hi Sam , Jane 02072379633 at GSD Rescue is who I spoke to, just check if you speak to her, that she received the info on Teddy. I will contact Chiltern Rescue and good luck getting through to Harebells in Long Marsden. Xx
- 2012-06-20 07:15 Teddy's Mum
- Dear Denise!
You have been brilliant!
I have informed the Blue Cross Centres, but will try Harebells was it in Long Marston again, as never did get through to them, despite numerous attemps!!!
Which particular centre was Jane from as I will speak to her? xx
- 2012-06-19 07:47 denise
- Hi Sam can't think what I can do now let me know if there is anything. There are a couple more rescue centres I can try. Have you done The Blue Cross so they send out to all their centres and The Chiltern Rescue at Wendover.jane at GSD said she wishes you all the luck if you have time she is worth you having a chat to. X
- 2012-06-19 07:09 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Karen again,
How is Pip now?
I haven't forgotten our search for Teddy walk.
Will be in touch soon. xx
- 2012-06-19 07:07 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Karen,
I have checked out the GSD at Stokenchurch Dog Rescue.
She looks lovely! Not Teddy I'm afraid.
Teddy has a longer coat and slightly different facial markings, but thank you.
Thanks also to Jansus who also sent me the link.
This is what I mean, it takes time to do all this searching and I can't thank you enough. xx
- 2012-06-19 07:01 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Ellie,
I have gone through different stages of grief over Teddy.
It took me ages to get through the helpless, stagnant stage, but i am now feeling more upbeat as you say, and able to think more practcally.
I so know what you mean by a minute to yourself. This is why I aappreciate you all so much, as we all lead such busy lives and yet you all give it up to help Teddy and me.
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I REALLY MEAN THAT. xxx
ON the busy front, getting ponies ready for pony camp when the children break up for the summer holidays.
- 2012-06-18 12:16 karen
- Hi Sam
Just checking Stokenchurch D.R. and they have a G.S.D. girl of 3 years called Ruby; just a really friendly girl the picture isn't brilliant though;Karenx
- 2012-06-18 12:15 Ellie
- Hi Sam
So glad you are upbeat. That is so,so important ! Will email you this week if I ever get a minute to myself. I'm sure you know what I mean. Who made the rule that there should only be 24 hours to a day ?!!!!! Last edited: 2012-06-18 12:17:16 by Ellie
- 2012-06-18 11:24 Teddy's Mum
- Dear Denise,
You are a star! Thank you for emailing GSD Rescue and the Dogs Trust. I have also emailed some GSD Rescues that I know.
Glad that you are managing without the cage, you are obviously all keeping the young chap very stimulated!
I spoke to Heidi again from the RSPCA - Southern Bucks.
One day ladies, the gorgeous girl will come home!! xx
- 2012-06-18 11:14 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Claire,
Glad to hear that dear, sweet Remy has not been too traumatised by the dog in the park!
Thank for you putting the flyers out at the garden centre.
I will get some more to you.
Have a fantastic time in Portugal and a well deserved break. Speak when you get back. xx
- 2012-06-18 11:09 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Claire,
Have had a close look at GSD found 40451. She is not Teddy as her saddle area along the back is solid black and extends down over her rear area. As Teddy's coat is longer, hers is interspersed with tan, if that makes sense!
Well done for trying! Forever hoping and always thinking of her!!! xx
- 2012-06-17 21:03 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam left you a message re Found section female GSD of today's date post.
- 2012-06-17 20:56 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, as I had to go over to haddenham Garden Centre this morning I took along some flyers and posted on cars for you. If you have any spare and want to send me some I will gladly put on cars at other Garden/Shopping Centre cars when I get back from hol. xx
- 2012-06-16 10:58 denise
- Sam, I emailed Teddy's infom over to Jane at GSD Rescue centre she said even if Teddy has passed through and been rehomed they will know as they keep a record of all the dogs. I also emailed to The Dog Trust who said they will send Teddy's info to all their centres. Have a good weekend and hopefully some news may come through! X
- 2012-06-15 08:49 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam/Denise, almost guaranteed that the British climate will change for the better from 21st Jun and will probably last for the full 7 days turning to rain on 28th June once again 'cos I shall be back in the UK!!! I'm sure you will all need Factor 30+ whilst away!!!! Remy not too bad today thanks she's walking around with her plastic pig in her mouth wanting to play with builders!
- 2012-06-15 08:15 denise
- Hi Claire how awful, it is so scary when dogs do that, poor Remy, my dog Joe is so gentle nd some dogs are nasty to him. Managing ok so far without the cage! Have a great time in Portugal, bring some sun back, please! Sam , good they are contacting you, I have a few more to do, so you never know. Xx
- 2012-06-15 07:02 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Claire,
Poor little Remy!! How awful for her as I knoiw that she doesn't have a nasty or aggressive bone in her lovely body.
have you checked her thoroughly for puncture wounds?
Hopefully, she will get over the trauma and not be nervous of other dogs.
All a bit quiet at the moment Claire. We just have to keep going on the admin front and not give up hoping.
Lucky you going to Portugal and getting away from all this RAIN!!! xx
- 2012-06-15 06:57 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Denise,
Thank you! I am getting the alerts through so it is working!! Well done!
We just have to keep plugging away and hopefully something or somebody will have some news or information. xx
- 2012-06-14 21:42 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, still not a lot of use to you as I am out and about a bit the early part of next week and then off to Portugal on 21st for week. Will try and log on whilst there to see whats happening. Good test for the builders these next few days on my house!!!. Getting there though. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do over the next few days (when here). Also there is a Steam Train Show at Prestwood coming up I believe. Not sure of date at the mo but will check it out. Hi Denise, hows the cageless new dog getting on? My poor girl was attacked yesterday in the park whilst on the lead. I was not very happy with the owner who insisted on getting her bottle of spray out and I'm wrapped up in the lead with her dog attacking mine I yanked her dog off in the end! Luckily Remy is OK but just a bit more nervous now and she doesn't have a vicious bone in her body. Good job she's in kennels whilst away and loves playing with the little dogs bless her. xxLast edited: 2012-06-14 21:46:58 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-06-13 16:48 denise
- Hi Sam, did a few more sites so they should email you (one will want a photo from you as they email first to confirm) also spoke to central dog warden database still have your details and Petlog, helpful chap there said they now have facebook which is worth you looking at and posters at Pets at Home etc to put up is a good idea, I will ring GSD centre tomorrow . Will let you know how I get on.xx
- 2012-06-13 08:34 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Denise,
Thank you for all your hard work yesterday, imputting Teddy's details into various sites.
They have already come through to me.
Thank you! Hugs......Sam xxx
- 2012-06-12 08:47 Teddy's Mum
- There is a Dog show at Stokenchurch this Saturday, starting at midday.
I will ring the organiser to see whether they would mind me walking around handing out leaflets again.
That is if it isn't cancelled of course! x
- 2012-06-12 08:43 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Claire,
Oh my goodness, you must be hoping for dry weather more than the rest of us, due to the hole in your kitchen ceiling! Poor you and it doesn't look set to improve a lot in the next week.
Keep your chin up and carry on smiling as you always do!
Thanks for checking the alerts also. As I siad to jansus, either of you ladies have her alert number so i can quote it please?
Take care...........Sam xx
- 2012-06-12 08:36 Teddy's Mum
- Dear Denise,
I am going to call you very shortly to arrange for us to go through this. xx
- 2012-06-12 08:35 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Tribalclaire,
I have checked 39841, and really don't think it is Teddy, as her coat is long and curly.
I see what you mean though and the colourings are spot on, especially the black muzzle.
What a beautiful girl and she is now up for rehoming.
I have asked Helen, the Doglost coordinator for Suffolk to double check and look at Teddy's poster, as we alreading know from the Iris case, that you can't always tell from one photo.
So wish that it would be Teddy obviously!!!!!
Thanks and keep up the good work! x
- 2012-06-12 08:18 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Jansus,
Yes, she is registered as you have checked. Do you have the Dogwatch post number that I can refer to and then I will email them a new one with suspicious green BMW?
Many thanks. x
- 2012-06-11 20:07 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, did check the Alerts (went back to 2010) for suspicious Green BMW but nothing came up. Glad Kenny enjoyed his "21st"!!!!! As much as you do Sam, and the rest of the UK I do wish it would stop raining 'cos its making little rivers thro the ceiling!!!!! arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
- 2012-06-11 19:53 jansus
- Hi teddys mum- i had a good look on dogwatch and can see Teddy is registered - perhaps you can ask for her to be "bumped" with a note that you now believe there have been no positive sightings . I dont know how you stand about regitering her as Stolen now- but Rubys owners thought initially she had escaped from a garden -but luckily reported her stolen anyway - which she was.
- 2012-06-11 15:43 tribalclaire
- shes not dog 39841 is she xx
- 2012-06-10 18:20 denise
- Hi Sam, sorry but I have just tried to do these websites but I need you and all the info, I need to come and see you, maybe one evening? X
- 2012-06-10 17:53 denise
- Hi Sam and Claire, thank you for your offer to loan me a cage, I am trying something else out, but if that doesn't work I would love to borrow one. Sam I got your postcode and email with Teddy's lovely pictures, is there another? I agree, Jansus, Sam did you report the green BMW, if not do it as someone else may have got the reg. number as it was acting suspiciously somewhere else maybe! Tomorrow , I am going to do all those websites I found and later read your piece for The Sun. Ring me when you can. Glad Kenny had a nice birthday! Xx
- 2012-06-10 16:51 jansus
- Is Teddy registered with dogwatch? And reference the suspicious car is it worth emailing dogwatch and explaining your situation ( about false sightings etc) and asking if any other dog thefts at the time included a green BMW?
- 2012-06-10 14:58 Teddy's Mum
- Dear All,
Please email me with your thoughts on this piece for the Sun etc.
I want to include all the missing dogs in this area, not just Teddy, to give it some impact and to make people realise how PROLIFIC DOG THEFT is becoming!!!! xx
- 2012-06-10 14:53 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Claire!
So glad that you had a lovely weekend. I thought that the Flotilla was amazing and cried my eyes out all day!
Thanks for the dog show details and it is just down the road. Karen might be able to spare an hour as she ives in Stokenchurch? I need to speak to her about something, so will keep you posted.
You have and are a great help and support to me Claire!
- 2012-06-10 14:46 Teddy's Mum
- Hello Denise,
Had a busy weekend as it is Kenny's birthday and i have been busy making it special for him as it was a big one!
He has had a lovelytime and been thoroughly spoiled as was Colin!
I have a spare cage if you need it, to give Joe a break!
Thanks for speaking to Heidi from the RSPCA, I do hope that she is right!
Did you get my email with details?
Maybe Ned needs to play with Simba, who is also very active!
Will ring you tomorrow. xx
- 2012-06-10 14:39 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Nadine,
Good to hear from you! How is Mariella, haven't had a chance to catch up with her lately. Give her my love!
Thank you for supporting Teddy. I will certainly let you know if we need help.
It is terribly distressing for all the babies and their owners as you say, and we all need to be there for each
- 2012-06-10 14:28 Teddy's Mum
- Thanks Alfies mum for being there for Teddy. xx
- 2012-06-10 14:27 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Jansus,
I hope that she wasn't knocked over. I feel that you are right and she would have been reported. There are always so many walkers, cyclists around here at Christmas Common, over the weekend and Easter etc, that I am sure someone would have seen some evidence or one of their dogs would have sniffed it out.
I really think that rather than go into woodland, she would have come home to me, or gone straight up to a person. She knew her bearings well, as we walked the area a lot. I never needed to have Ted on a lead as she never lost sight of me for long.
I have sent flyers and spoken to most of the people who live along the road where she disappeared. Some of the houses are weekend houses.
Kenny saw a green BMW saloon, which he watched and is sure was acting suspiciously the evening after, which drove slowly along the Christmas Common road and turned around at Watlington Park and drove back. He didn't think to tell me or get the registration number though!!!
Anyone else think anything about this? xx
- 2012-06-10 14:08 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Ellie,
The strange thing is, that Harry Plotter has been a really good boy and not escaped since Teddy went. It is almost as if he knows that is is his fault that Teddy has gone, and is sorry!
Kenny has taken HP out on numerous ocassions with him to look for her. He does miss his best friend. x
- 2012-06-10 14:00 Teddy's Mum
- Hi All!
Glad that you like the new photos of Teddy.
Sadly, I have no more clear ones now. I love the photo of her in the snow, she does look gorgeous. xx
Thank you Dee for adding them for me. x
- 2012-06-10 10:16 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, had the most amazing weekend for Jubilee in London - a bit soggy at times though!. Have just returned from York having spent a few days with youngest daughter. Been thinking but there is a dog show at Stokenchurch next Sunday I think what about leaflet dropping if there is anybody free. Sadly not a lot of help to anyone at the moment. Denise I have a spare cage let me know if you wish to borrow. Will engage brain and look at appeal letter sam. xx
- 2012-06-09 17:28 Alfies mum
- To far away to help but check teddys page every day, the new pictures of her are lovely. Shes a beautiful xx
- 2012-06-09 08:18 denise
- Sam, the new pictures are great. I spoke to Heidi at the RSPCA for South Bucks and she feels Teddy has been picked up and hopefully will turn up at a vets sometime or will be let loose when realised she is spayed (she has had lots of this happen) I texted you yesterday as I need your full postcode for all the websites to fill out, txt me it. Ned is VERY active you don't have a cage I could borrow so Joe can have some peace! Linda, my friend said she will be in touch soon but her mum has been taken ill so I don't know when. When you have a minute give me a ring, I keep getting your fax! Hope not too wet today it is so horrid. Having a change of picture gives more info, she is adorable. X
- 2012-06-09 01:42 Nadine Widdows
- Hello Teddy's Mum. I am a friend of Mariella's and have been watching Teddy's story from way back. I'm local to you Peppard way so if you need any help executing your ideas, please give me a shout. Thinking of and looking out for Teddy and all the other lost babies... all the time quite literally. x
- 2012-06-08 12:50 jansus
- lovely new photo- certainly shows her colouring and extent of the black on her back.
It does seem strange that you did not get more sightings in the first few days because she is a fit young healthy dog and you would think that she would have been moving about trying to find her bearings or even going up to people as she is so friendly. I would assume that if she had been knocked over she would have still been reported to the County council and therefore the dog warden as well? So either she went deep into woodland? Does that sound like her? Or she was taken in or picked up? Have you asked the experts on here if it is to late to report her as possibily stolen? Mitigating circumstances would be that the original sightings with Percy seem to be not true - so you think something possibly happened within the first couple of days? What road is the nearest road with houses to where she went missing? Do you think its worth sending letters with flyers - just asking them to think back again as to whether there were any other suspicious persons around at that time or if they saw anything at all? May be worth a try?
- 2012-06-08 12:31 Ellie
- Hi Teddys Mum
Pink bling wow ! No wonder the poor fella's confused ! He's not sure whether he's Harry Plotter or Harriet Plotter ! Is he into Rap music too ? :) You're making me chuckle now !
Joking aside though Sam, he sounds absolutely gorgeous and I can't think of anything else you could do to contain him bar a ball and chain !!
P.S. Gorgeous pics of Teddy !!
- 2012-06-08 08:57 Sherlock Bones-POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- New photos of Teddy added x
- 2012-06-08 08:25 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Claire,
How are you and did you have a super weekend.
Have you been back to hospital this week and are you ok?
If you are not too busy or doing other things, would you please give some thought as to what I could add to the email I wrote to ITV, so I can send it to the Sun.
I see the rain is back.........xx
- 2012-06-08 08:22 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Karen,
I will call you this weekend.
i will get some more flyers printed also as yes, it does help to keep her in peoples minds. xx
- 2012-06-08 08:20 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Denise,
Glad to hear that Ned is happy and settling in well! It is so very sad about the poor, confused new arrivals, but at least they are in a good place now and have every chance of finding loving homes.
I just wanted you to spend a lovely day getting to know Ned. It was so grim yesterday anyway, I got absolutely soaked to the skin. Didn't expect to wear waterproofs and thick fleeces in June!!
I have sent you an email with some photos of Teddy and will also send to Doglost admin to refresh her page.
- 2012-06-08 08:14 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Ellie,
You are absolutely right, I will try the Sun.
I have so many "things to do for Teddy" buzzing around in my head, that I lose sight of where and what to do next.
Thanks for keeping me there.
On a lighter note, Harry Potter has two tags on his collar. His name tag and another pink diamante studded, big bling one, saying that he is chipped, so please scan thoroughly!!!
- 2012-06-07 14:56 denise
- Hi Sam, sorry didn't make it today I will try to do the sites I have on my own, I may need some info from you. I did tell the Dog Trust at Canterbury, but I have to ring their Head Office so they have it on the Central Database. Ned seems to be very happy here but I think he is going to be a chewer! It was so sad to see a van arrive with the new arrivals looking sad and confused, heartbreaking. I will ring you soon, I know you are feeling down and the weather doesn't help. Xx
- 2012-06-07 11:58 Ellie
- There were a lot of raids on scrap yards a few days ago across the Thames Valley area. Would it be worth contacting the police to ask if there were any GSD in these places and if so could they be checked out !
I think that the idea of her being run over is very unlikely as I think that most people would report it especially as she had a collar and tag ! Also if she had been run over and dumped somewhere (God forbid) then I think that somebody would have reported it ! After all, people were ringing in about dead deer and goats especially on Quigleys site so I'm pretty sure that we would have heard about it one way or another !
If I were you Sam then I would try the SUN. I know I've said it before but it would bring attention to her nationally. I believe it's worth a try and they're the sort of paper that like stories like this. If they don't want to know ( which I would doubt) then you wouldn't have lost much and would still be in the same situation. Surely it's worth a try - isn't it ?
- 2012-06-07 07:56 Teddy's Mum
- Dear Denise,
Thank you for making the Dogs trust aware of missing Teddy.
I know that you are going to pick up your new boy that you are rehoming today.
Best of luck with that. He is such a lucky boy to be living with such a lovely family and you!
He will be so happy and i look forward to meeting him in the near future. xx
- 2012-06-07 07:51 Teddy's Mum
- Please can we all look at and sign the online petition for compulsory scanning that Annie posted. xx
- 2012-06-07 07:49 Teddy's Mum
- She could be thrown out or taken to the vet, so we have to hope that her chip is scanned.
Thank you to all those who are also checking rescue sites.
tribal Claire works in apound out of area and PA, so I appreciate you are all there for Teddy.
Do feel very tearful and sad. Will this ever reach a happy end. xx
- 2012-06-07 07:37 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Jansus,
Thanks for the email to the Highways Depot and the reply!
Relieved that the dog is hopefully safer than on the hard shoulder!
It is hard to try and piece together the mystery surrounding Teddy's disappearance. It was a terrible shock to hear about poor Percy as I always had in mind (same as his mum) that they were together.
I do not know what to think Jan about the sighting of her on the 13/12/2011 at 20.00 hours.
i think it is the only sighting, as none of the few others were credible.
We have spoken to the man who "saw" her and he did ring again at the beginning of the year to see whther there was any news, but not since the news came out about Percy.
He said that he saw Teddy with Percy, nearly caught her as she came to him, but when Percy spooked she ran off with him, which she would do thinking it was fun.
As you say, we now know that it couln't possible have been Percy, so something is not right!!!!!!!!
There was another two dogs that were continually escaping from a house very near - a brown pointer and a Patterdale terrier. Shereen did go and speak to her and i have also spoken to her.
I will ask kenny to try and speak to the man again.
We have put advertisements in the Henley Standard, Reading Chronicle, Slough papers, South East and Hampshire papers, Bucks Free Press.
Kenny and I do believe that she was picked up that evening.
She had a red collar on with a red heart engraved disc. whoever picked her up has either kept her or sold her on to a family that is unaware she is missing, hence the wording on the larger flyers jan.
This is why I have been trying to get national coverage as we feel that she is out of this area. We could be completely wrong. Someone at the dog show pointed out that it could be someone local that we know. She could have been run over; I haven't expored all the ditches.
It is all so very sad.
- 2012-06-07 06:44 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Ellie,
They do all have engraved discs on their collars as well as chips.
The infamous Harry Potter has had many of course, which he seems to lose. We have had calls from people to say that that they have Harry Potter or should I say Plotter!!!!!
Always plotting his next escape!!!
This is why he is always on a lead and we have six foot deer fencing. Didn't help poor Teddy though!
Trust that you had a great Diamond Jubilee weekend? x
- 2012-06-06 19:45 jansus
- I have received this kind reply from the highways department
Further to your email to the Highways Agency Information Line reference a loose dog spotted on the hard shoulder of the M40 at Junction 2 on 1 June 2012.
We have made enquiries and we are pleased to report that we have not found any dogs on the motorway on the 1st June or to day in the vicinity of Beaconsfield. However should we come across a dog of the description, of the photo you attached, we will get in touch with DogLost.co.uk.
Carillion Highway Maintenance
Junction 1 to 15
- 2012-06-06 19:35 jansus
- now you have found the sites -and because Teddy is microchipped and it is unlikely she will be on there then probably a quick glance once a month will be enough- so dont stress yourself too much.these are rescue sites where the dogs are in foster care so they wont just go within 7 days - that was a silly thing for me to say. Did you think about what I said about what you think the last genuine sighting was?
- 2012-06-06 18:50 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Lis,
Thank you so much for posting, very good of you.
Thank you also for ringing the relevant bodies to make them aware of the dog. If not Teddy, then he/she is someone's beloved pet and there would have been nothing worse than for the poor angel to have been hit by a vehicle.
I have been over to junction 2 area and had a look around and put some posters up, just in case.
Teddy is a semi long coat and it sounds like you and your husband were clear on the length of the coat. Here's hoping that he/she is found safely.
Many thanks Lis for your kindness.
- 2012-06-06 18:44 Teddy's Mum
- Thanks Jansus and Annie for giving us the blog and website information. I have got it now and have been trawling through, whenever I get a spare moment.
Haven't always got time to do both, so apologies for not getting back sooner but the seven day rule is worrying and upsetting me a lot so have had to search and search. xx
- 2012-06-06 18:36 Teddy's Mum
- Dear PA,
Thank you for the post on AlfiesLost Dogs in Winsford.
I did check that out but it wasn't Teddy. Just haven't had a quiet moment to post back.
Thank you so much for checking the sites and it really is so very worth mentioning.
Thank you for wishing me the best for gorgeous Teddy. xx
- 2012-06-05 09:44 jansus
- I guess that the area that would control the M40 would be Milton Common depot - I did shoot off an email to see if any other reports had been made to the highways department - but it may be worth Teddys mum doing another one?
There was a question that I wanted to ask - Now we know the very sad circumstance of what happened to Percy do you think that the sighting of Percy and Teddy together was credible? If not when was the last positive sighting. And also if that sighting was not credible because sadly Percy had already gone then was Teddy with another dog? Or not seen at all? Is it worth doing flyers again to all the houses near where he was last seen to see if anyone remembers anything at all?
IS the henley standard worth doing again ? even if just a picture in the pets section as it does have a wide circulation. Have you done the Reading Chronicle in the past ? Just some thoughts really as its worth concntrating on where the last positive sighting was ?
- 2012-06-04 22:01 Lis
- Hi I am the lady who phoned in about the dog on the M40. Have looked on Google Maps to check and can confirm that we were about a mile and a half before J2, southbound when we saw the dog. It was on its own on the hard shoulder walking the opposite way to the traffic. It looked a bit bemused, (almost as if it was going to try and cross the road), and was actually moving slowly towards the carriageway. The lorry was parked on the hard shoulder after the dog (about 150 yards), so the dog was moving away from the lorry, there was no sign of anyone around. Hubby and I have had a look at Teddy's photo again, really couldn't say if it was or wasn't her, we were travelling at about 60mph. Only thing we both agree on is that the dog had a longer coat than shown in Teddy's photo. Sorry not to be able to help more.
- 2012-06-04 18:47 karen
- Hi Sam
These are the sites etc., I said I would look for,http://dogs.oodle.co.uk and the other one is epupz. Glad krysia contacted you,the new ponies sound super, only a thought with the better weather (hopefully) if you have some more flyers not the tiny ones I can put on the cars at Cowleze particularly at weekends when its very busy up there; what do you think?Karen.
- 2012-06-04 10:32 jansus
- Thanks Annie for the information - I will have a look.
- 2012-06-04 09:04 denise
- I went to the Dog Trust yesterday in Canterbury told them about Teddy and put a poster in the Reception, as I have just reserved a Pointer who came as a stray from Ireland! I am going back Thursday to collect him and I will check they have put Teddy's details into their central database and if they can offer any more ideas or places to try.
- 2012-06-03 20:44 Annie
- Hi Jansus, With regard to your comment about compulsory microchipping etc.: The RSPA is already running a campaign for compulsory microchipping, as are the Microchipping Alliance (The Dogs Trust). These campaigns are waiting to be heard in the House of Commons. There is also an online campaign/petition being run by 'Bruce Forsyth's 'Vets Get Scanning' Appeal.
For those who are not aware of these sites, they are worth a visit and the more people support these appeals the better the chances of them being made law (eventually)! I list some of their links below, if anyone is interested. They also have interesting information regarding ownership of lost dogs and the law.
With regard to keeping dogs longer than 7 days, I understand where you're coming from, Jansus, but, as someone who has worked with Dog Rescue charities for quite some time, that actually presents added difficulties for them, as they are already bursting at the seams with unwanted dogs and, tragically, more are always waiting to be taken in. It's very sad and difficult for all.
Last edited: 2012-06-03 23:26:32 by Annie
- 2012-06-03 19:45 Ellie
- Hi Teddy's Mum
Sorry I should have said Harry Potter and not Fozzy Bear ! I'm getting my Harry Bears mixed up with my Fozzy Potters and I'm going to have to put it down to the glass of lemonade that I had at my sons this afternoon !XX
- 2012-06-03 19:36 Ellie
- Hi Teddy's Mum
I've just read about your bad experience with Fozzy Bear and was just thinking, would it not be an idea to put one of those engraved discs on his collar and any other dogs that you may have ? In the case of Fozzy Bear it could certainly have saved you a lot of heartache and money too ! Most people have mobile phones these days and if you were to have a name on one side and perhaps your mobile number on the other it could be advantagious in your case where your dogs wander about on your land ! I know that they are a bit fiddly and need to be replaced every so often but I do know from personal experience when I have found dogs wondering around I have rang the number and found their frantic mums !
I've placed an order for a pacemaker and bought a massive jar of calming tablets but I'm having trouble tracking down a nunnery ! I'm now wondering do they still exist ? Perhaps we may find one off some remote Scottish Island perhaps the Outer Hebrides ! Better take out thermal longjohns with us when we go !!
- 2012-06-03 16:50 jansus
- this website is similar to the other one I sent you in that it covers a lot of rescue centres. if you go down the right hand side on the front page you can search by German shepherd .
I did not realise the problems of chips moving was so common - I think it is a good reminder to people maybe to have them checkd by vets every so often. Also I think with your experience about the legality of ownership its about time that some institutions such as the RSPCA got behind the re-introduction of dog licencing along with compulsory microchipping. The money raised would perhaps allow more flexibility on keeping animals for longer than 7 days before re-homing and allow more prosecutions for theft of dogs and ill treatment. If someone could write a decent article about the various legal problems of ownership perhaps we could all snd copies to our local papers along with photos of missing dogs as extra publicity.Last edited: 2012-06-03 16:56:07 by jansus
- 2012-06-03 16:50 jansus
- this website is similar to the other one I sent you in that it covers a lot of rescue centres. if you go down the right hand side on the front page you can search by German shepherd .
I did not realise the problems of chips moving was so common - I think it is a good reminder to people maybe to have them checkd by vets every so often. Also I think with your experience
- 2012-06-03 16:50 jansus
- this website is similar to the other one I sent you in that it covers a lot of rescue centres. if you go down the right hand side on the front page you can search by German shepherd .
I did not realise the problems of chips moving was so common - I think it is a good reminder to people maybe to have them checkd by vets every so often. Also I think with your experience
- 2012-06-03 13:13 PA
- Hi Teddys mum, is Teddy long coat or short? Sorry im not too sure. There is a short coat (i think) found on Alfieslostdogs shes in Winsford where ever that is. The rehousing date is today 3rd June. Probably not Teddy but i thought it worth mentioning. Good luck hope you find beautiful Teddy soon. PA.
- 2012-06-03 08:38 Teddy's Mum
- Dear Ellie,
You do make me chuckle. I really like you so much and haven't even met you.
Thank you again for your kind words and for being my Mrs Motivator!
I am also relieved that iris wasn't Teddy as I was also not sure, due to such a negative reaction, however I was going to prove my ownership.
Hopefully, as Jansus said, Teddy's chip has not slipped.
I also believe that she has been picked up.
it is good in a way that it has been a rollercoaster of a week, as it shows how much people care and are aware of her. So much better than the weeks when I have heard nothing.
The positive thing about all this, is like you say, the wonderful, selfless people that come forward and offered their time, help and support.
It is so very refreshing in these difficult economic times.
Teddy and I really think the world of you all and couldn't do this without you.xxx
Look after that ticker Ellie and have you found us a nunnery yet! xx
- 2012-06-03 08:09 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Jan,
when you say a weekly visit to dog blog, what do you mean?
i actually don't know an awful lot about computers, so you will have to explain what I need to do please.
As you said in an email, the RSPCA did have more photos!!!
I am not impressed by that person's attitude and feel that I will have to make a complaint. With so many dogs being abandoned every day, surely they would be on the side of someone who is as driven as myself in searching for and getting her dog back!!!
I know that Ellie you are behind me on that one!!
It is not that unusual for a chip to move though Jan, and I have had first hand experience with the infamous
Harry Potter again!!!!
On another occasion and not the terrible day with Teddy,
Mr Potter had got out on our land and quite happily minding his own business. We have footpaths across the land and someone picked him up. They then took him to Stokenchurch Dog Rescue, where his chip was not picked up, even though they were the ones who put it in, as he came from there!
He was then taken to a pound in Slough, where his chip was picked up. From there, he was taken to a dodgy kennels near Abindon in Oxfordshire.
South Oxfordshire District Council rang us and we paid £80.00 up front so they then told us the name of the kennels and I collected him.
The staff informed me that if he hadn't been collected after seven days, he would have been rehomed!
If I had thought logically about the Iris scenario, then I knew this!
Glad that you got the flyers. It is difficult to guage the right size so that people will not throw them away.
The small ones fit easily into a purse or wallet. the bigger one is clearer and stands out, but is more car size.
Thank the ladies for me. x
- 2012-06-03 07:46 Teddy's Mum
- Dear Neighbark,
100% yes! I tried to organise this before but didn't get very far, so if you can sort this out somehow, that would be great.
My mobile number is: 07503 233 945
My email address is : email@example.com
Both of the above are available to everybody at any time.
- 2012-06-03 07:39 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Denise,
It was good to have a long catch up with you on the phone yesterday.
Thursday afternoon will be good for me. I have the farrier at 12.00, so 2.30 would be good for me.
Best of luck today in Canterbury. He will be a very lucky boy if he comes to live with you! xx
- 2012-06-02 21:50 Ellie
- Hi Teddy's Mum
Looking at all the evidence I'm now glad that Iris isn't Teddy although initially I hoped it was as I was so sure that you would have the rights of her, but how wrong can you be? The law is an ass is it not !?
When I said about telling the Sun all the wonderful things that you do I was thinking of being a bit subtle about it , although why shouldn't you tell them anyway ? People like you deserve to be recognised and if it had helped to get Teddy back then hey ho !!
So here we are back to square one after all the rollercoasters of last week. My heart leapt into my mouth when I heard about the possibility of Teddy legging down the Southbound hardshoulder of the M40. I had to remind myself that it wasn't April 1st and ask was he/she wearing black boots, carrying a red spotted handkerchief and answering to the name Dick !!!
Joking aside though, I think that Jansus has done a brilliant job in identifying Iris and at least we can all calm down now and get back to some kind of normality. I must say that when I first got involved with Lost Dog I never realised what a harrowing, emotional ride it was going to be, but to be very homest I wouldn't have missed it for the world ! I've read about you and all the wonderful things that you do and I've learned about all the wonderful people on here that all just want to help others in distress and it's so opened my eyes to learn that such lovely people do really exist and not just in story books. God Bless you all and I am so looking forward to when all these lost doggies like Quigley and Teddy are safely home with their mums. However 'til that day, I'm just going to have to get myself a pacemaker fitted to deal with all the ups and the downs X
- 2012-06-02 20:45 Neighbark
- Hi Teddy's mum - I've just put a long posting on Rags site - wondering if we could all put a donation towards national advertising for Rags, Teddy and co. Take a look and let me know. My money's where my mouth is - it's just time and distance I don't have right now.
- 2012-06-02 12:13 jansus
- I think a weekly visit to dogs blog is a good idea as you can search by breed - so will not take long. But as far as I know it is quite unusual for a chip to move? So I think that just a routine of once a week checking the sites should be ok because I think most rescues would have have had the dogs checked sometimes by vets or dog wardens. Personally as Teddy is a young fit friendly dog I feel either she is still out there or someone has taken her in thinking they have done the right thing.So the best thing is continued publicity with if possible details of the last sighting? I am not sure how to do the google map thing but someone has done one for Quigley? It is useful because someone like me who can not be so much use "on the ground" so to speak - can check the map and send out leaflets to maybe remote farms or houses - even if it is just a reminder The local papers nearest to the last sightng may be wrth a try again?
I got the flyers thanks - they are great - I know of at least three ladies who are seasoned boot sale sellers who will be willing to have them on their stalls. Is it worth sending flyers to local vets again? Just so they know she is still missing? It just might make them take extra care in checking for a chip if a similar dog is bought in. Also Dog wardens in neighbouring counties? Reminders are always good I think otherwise it might be assumed she has been found and those small flyers are ideal. Jan
- 2012-06-02 11:37 denise
- Hi Sam, thank goodness you were able to identify Iris not being Teddy as it would of been a nightmare to have claimed her back. How are you and Claire fixed to meet Thursday to sort out what to do next as Jansus mentioned we have to look further afield as well. Have the RSPCA got a central database (they must have) for alerts to flag up if a GSD comes into any of their centres everywhere and to notify you, have you done this as I have a number, as I saw Teddy's poster in RSPCA shop, Princess Risborough . Hope your weekend will be a bit calmer! Xx
- 2012-06-02 10:49 Teddy's Mum
- Dear All!
Thank you for caring.
Wishing you all a happy and relaxing Diamond Jubilee bank weekend.
Love and hugs...........Sam and Teddy xxx
- 2012-06-02 10:41 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Karen,
She has contacted me. All going well!
- 2012-06-02 10:39 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Karen,
How are you and mum? Street light been sorted yet?
I was going to ring you yesterday as wanted to send you an email about a dog!
It has all been happening this week as you can see. Rollercoaster week of emotios for us all!
Would almost certainly have gone to the RSPCA AGM, if had still had no closure on the photo, but obviously not now, as they are doing their best and are up against difficult times with more and more poor little souls being abused and abandoned.
Funnily enough, someone else mentioned how difficult that person was, so Ellie and I were not wrong!
The Shetland ponies are to die for, bless them. So sweet!
I was hoping to rehome them, but have rather fallen for them, as they are so friendly and endearing!!!!!!!
You will have to come and visit them.
How is Pip coping with his new found fame and when is his next show?
That would be brilliant to receive the text alerts for GSD Rescue, but only have a cheap phone which doesn't receive photos, will it still work?
Speak soon. xx
- 2012-06-02 10:27 Teddy's Mum
- Dear Ellie,
What a week it has been indeed! Can I join you in the nunnery please!!!
I haven't slept for the last couple of night's wondering whatever we were going to do if Iris turned out to be Teddy.
I was going to post today to say that I really appreciate your ideas and enthusiasm towards the cause Ellie! There are things going on behind the scenes that I can't always post on here, as like you said a while ago, we never know who is reading this!?!
Kenny and I decided last night that he would go to Hillingdon and see if he could get more joy!
Didn't want to post to alert.
Thanks for the Sun number, I will certainly give them a go next week, although I would find it hard to mention as you say "the lovely things I do", as it is just what I do, and would do anything for anyone, especially all of you AMAZING, WONDERFUL PEOPLE THAT I NOW THINK OF AS FRIENDS!
Thanks a million xxxxx
- 2012-06-02 10:08 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Barney "n" Ozzies mum,
Thanks for that. Useful to know that you are close, in case we get another sighting A!
Take care xx
- 2012-06-02 10:05 Teddy's Mum
- Hi tribalClaire,
Thank you for sending me the text, but sadly I didn't get it! I only have a very cheap, pay as you go phone and it doesn't receive photos. It came through as blank and Wondered what it was. Sorry to hear about the theft of your phone, I will ring on the number you gave me a bit later. x
- 2012-06-02 10:01 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Shereen,
Thanks! Like you say, let's hope that the lady looks at Teddy's picture on here and posts what she saw!!
- 2012-06-02 09:57 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Jansus,
I have to say that Iris is not Teddy. Thank you so much.
This is what we have all been saying, how the light and angle can change a photo so much. This is why I couldn't understand why the RSPCA were so unhelpful, as i only needed another photo, not as if I wanted to go and harrass the new owners!!!
GSD's are all so very slightly different, and Iris does look quite different from Teddy.
I was looking at another photo that I found yesterday and Teddy does have a distinguishing 3 inch length of black at the tip of her tail, which all the others haven't, just the tip. xx
I wouldn't discount any dog from Scotland to Land's End, would do anything to get Teddy back.
- 2012-06-01 23:20 jansus
- Also I would add if looking at rescue sitesfor info dont discount a dog that is a long way from being local. I was after a lurcher from blue cross- but did not qualify - but after a coiple of days it was moved to the blue cross in Scotland.Not sure why but apparently it happens quite often.
- 2012-06-01 23:17 jansus
- I have sent Teddys mum an email with the link as well as I thought it was a clearer photo and I am sure she would rather know either way - jan
- 2012-06-01 22:15 Shereen
- Brilliant Jansus! yes id say it has to be the same dog...the photo in the article makes Iris look quite alot different and id say it was not Teddy! have txt Sam to ask her to check it out.
Ellie I think the lorry was quite a way from the dog,the sighter didnt say about the condition.they were probably travelling at quite a speed...she does follow Doglost so hopefully she may well post here.
- 2012-06-01 22:01 Ellie
- Hi Shereen
Could it be possible that the dog belonged to the lorry driver and he had let him out to have a wee. Sounds a bit bizarre I know but lots of lorry drivers take their dogs with them and perhaps the dog is so well behaved that he does it regularly. Perhaps the driver doesn't see the danger !!? Did the dog look like it was cared for and well fed ?
- 2012-06-01 21:20 jansus
just type in Iris in the search button when you get to the newspaper link.
please check out the link Last edited: 2012-06-01 21:55:59 by jansus
- 2012-06-01 20:56 jansus
- sorry can I just ask - the picture you have of Iris - is it the one from the ealing newspaper? And have you tried contacting the RSPCA inspector mentioned in the article?
- 2012-06-01 20:23 jansus
- Teddys mum,what a week you have had. Reference the RSPCA - I agree that even if legally they are correct - you would think that at least they would contact the owners for you and and just ask for some more photos or for them to have the dog double checked for the chip by a vet - because at least it would help you to have an answer either way. If you knew it was Teddy and at least she was in a loving safe environment it may at least help a little. I think that is the very least they could do.Reference the last sighting again I hope you have some positive news.
- 2012-06-01 20:18 Shereen
- spoken to the sighter..the dog was walking quite slowly on the hard shoulder about a mile and a half before juction 2 on the southbound carrageway just after sone heavy railings there...the dog was walking in the OPPOSITE direction of the traffic...they saw a lorry parked on the hard shoulder just before they saw the dog but didnt see the driver but im wondering if the driver saw the dog and may of picked it up ??
- 2012-06-01 17:50 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Just a thought - if you get any more sightings please ring me on my mobile - 07879 261993 - and I will go straight out xx
- 2012-06-01 17:44 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- OMG!!! Wish I'd seen this earlier - I live a couple of minutes from junction 3 and could have gone out to look straightaway! Will wait for the rush hour traffic to die down and then go for a drive along the M40. If picked up, the dog could have been taken on to Dogs Trust at Harefield or in opposite direction to Stokenchurch Dog Rescue. My husband just reminded me of the landfill site along this stretch of the M40 - wonder if he/she could have got into the site?
- 2012-06-01 17:34 karen
- Hi Sam Haven't been about again this week (mum); firstly thank you for your kind message about Pip and to others who kindly commented. I personally was more interested in getting Teddy's profile out to the Obedience lot but thank you. I hope the shetland ponies have settled, sounds awful what has been happening particularly the RSPCA; only another thought the person who was rude obviously needs more training herself/himself in tact and empathy to distressed people, perhaps a formal complaint could be made to their line manager, and I agree the A.G.M., sounds an ideal way of speaking up and out, I can check what I'm doing to see if I could go. The other thought again this may have been done in the early stages? To contact GSD rescue uk Reg Charity:1141122; they have the usual areas to cover the country but it may be useful to contact and each area rep. The South Eastern area have recently had a bitch in called Millie who is in Essex. There is also the mobile phone link via the internet; it sort of goed like this if you are looking for a pup/dog of specific breed you text the advert and get a reply; I will look for the link and post on here; has Krysnia contacted yet? If not I can chase that up, for you Sam; take care, Karen.
- 2012-06-01 16:25 tribalclaire
- hi i sent u text earlier on today about a dog and i sent you a pic but have had my phone stolen since today so dont know if you got msg phone me on 01525270946 if you think its her please x
- 2012-06-01 16:07 Jayne - Head Office
- Tx Shereen...
- 2012-06-01 15:52 Shereen
- Thanks Sam...Fingers crossed this dog was local and knew the way home.I have tried to contact sighter to see exactly where the dog was seen and what direction it was travelling in...I do know it was seen on the southbound carrageway.
if I get any joy ill update here.
- 2012-06-01 15:27 Ellie
- OMG ! I don't think I can take anymore of these dramas!
My poor old ticker is struggling now. I think I'm going to have to go and live in a nunnery, away from it all. Does anyone know a good one ?
- 2012-06-01 15:25 Teddy's Mum
- Dear Ellie, Denise and Claire,
Thank you! Great stuff.
Just popped in as still doing horses etc.
I need to speak to kenny tonight and see how he thinks we should play it initially!!!!
- 2012-06-01 15:22 Teddy's Mum
- Thanks Shereen and Jayne!
Transport police got there and there was no sighting of the dog. Just hope that he/she is safe????
Thanks for alerting me.
- 2012-06-01 14:32 Shereen
- Junction 2 is near Beaconsfield...
- 2012-06-01 14:30 Shereen
- Thanks Jayne ...ill txt Sam now.Goodness! I hope the poor dog stays safe until help comes!
- 2012-06-01 14:15 Jayne - Head Office
- A lady has just phoned in with a possible sighting of Teddy walkings on its own down the southbound hard shoulder on the M40 between junctions 2 and 3 though nearer to junction 2...she has called the transport police.
- 2012-06-01 12:02 denise
- Hi Sam,I like Ellie wake up in the night wondering what to do now. Ellie has the contact number this is the way to go, no pussy footing around just go straight to the top. If you need help I can come tomorrow. If Iris is Teddy surely if they are animal lovers, as I am sure they are, they will give her up but the longer it is left the more attached they will become to her and if it isn't like Eliie says it will bring national attention to Teddy. Xx
- 2012-06-01 11:29 Ellie
- Hi Teddy's Mum
I do so hope you are feeling better today and I can understand exactly how you feel.
I was awake burning the midnight oil last and trying to think about if I was in your shoes what I would do and I came up with this.
Firstly I would phone the Sun. There story line is for London 020 7782 4100. Tell them the whole story about you and Teddy. Tell them about her being on Lost Dog for 6 months and tell them about all the visits to boot sales and point to point etc. Also tell them about the lovely things you do for animals and your 'family' also your human family ! Tell them about Iris and the RSPCA and whatever else you need to, including how distraught that you are and the fact that the whole scenario has made you ill. I am sure that they would be keen to have such a story as papers are always on the look out for stories like this. The heading would have to read something along the lines of "Did you get Iris from the RSPCA ?" and perhaps the page from the site where we saw her ( I have copies of that if you need it ).It would need to attract the attention of the people that have her or others that know her !
This could do three things. Firstly it would hopefully find Iris then if it isn't Teddy then it would bring national attention to Teddy, and thirdly it would bring attention to Lost Dog and hopefully some much needed donations too !
Do also do what Claire and Denise have suggested too but I think that you need to act fairly quickley and bear in mind that there are 2 bank holidays next week.
Perhaps others could give their views on this idea but I can honestly say (hand on heart) that this is what I would do !!!!!!I will also add that if Iris is Teddy then this could well pull at the strings of whoever has her and they may well relinquish her !!! There are a lot of good and understanding people out there and if they are animal lovers too which I think they would be, then they would understand exactly how you are feeling !!!
Good luck if you decide and will be intouch X
- 2012-06-01 09:55 denise
- Sam you have to follow it up as the more I look at Iris there is a good likeness but why she is still on the needing a home page, I don't know! I think it is more then likely she has been rehomed local to that RSPCA so an article in that area in a freebie newspaper is a good idea. I think Claire's idea of the AGM would be good to attend even to put the point across of scanning a dog thoroughly for a chip! Also thought of trying to find out the vets in that area, ringing to see if any new client with a GSD
- 2012-06-01 09:28 Claire Weston Turville
- Found this on Hillingdon Site! If all else fails you could turn up at meeting & then you would find the Director/Manager of that Clinic!
This is the link that I used:
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Our next AGM will be held at 8pm on
Monday June 11, 2012 at Uxbridge F.C.
Last edited: 2012-06-01 09:31:42 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-06-01 09:14 Claire Weston Turville
- Go for it Sam, nothing to lose but everything to gain if Iris is Teddy. Good luck & keep in touch over weekend xx
- 2012-06-01 07:21 Teddy's Mum
- Hi All!
I was very upset by yesterday's findings.
The photo of Iris is just not clear enough to determine if it is/not Teddy.
I thought that the photos that came through of Simba looked like Teddy, but it was only when I went to see her that I knew. GSD's are all marked slightly differently and with various shades of black, tan etc.
The lady said that she was 17 kilos when they found her and wasn't good with other dogs.
But we don't know what traumas the poor dog has been through, so that doesn't really say anything definate to me.
I rang my contacts from World Horse Welfare, who advised me to write to someone in charge at Hillingdon (if you can ever get through!) and ask them to forward a letter from a distressed owner and ppeal to them that way. He said that WHW would definately help with this.
- 2012-06-01 07:00 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Shereen,
I will try you again this morning, to see what we can do about this.
- 2012-05-31 23:25 Ellie
- Hi Claire
I think that the laws with cats are different because cats have a roaming right. Dogs are different though and we do own our dogs. That's why we used to have the dog licences.
This is what stuns me about this whole thing. If Iris is indeed Teddy then Sam IS the rightful owner. It almost seems like the RSPCA were after making a 'quick buck'. Scandalous absolutely scandalous !
- 2012-05-31 21:55 Ellie
- I think that we should go countrywide with this story via the newspapers. I don't think that the RSPCA would like the publicity especially as they rely on donations from the public. It wouldn't look good for them at all. You could also say how defensive that the woman you spoke with was, certainly not what you would have expected from an 'animal lover' to a lady who is distressed and upset about losing her dog ! I would also second that because when I spoke to her apart from being defensive she also came across as a bit bolshy ! I think that a lot of people would be angry about this too. You could also ask the people that have her to at least see the dog so that you would know. The fact that you are who you are and the wonderful things that you do for animals would certainly sway public opinion too. The date on the page that Iris is on is 30th April so the other people have had her less than a month, compared to your 4 years it's absolutely disgusting. I really think that we need to make a stink ASAP !!!!
- 2012-05-31 21:22 Shereen
- But the Rspca wont be able to tell you what area if Iris has been rehomed due to Data protection...
Still not spoken to Sam : (
- 2012-05-31 20:58 denise
- Hi Sam, Just can't stop thinking of this situation. What's the point in anyone microchip ping if a place like the RSPCA are not scanning THOROUGHLY knowing that a chip can move around especially if very under weight!! Don't they want to get the animal back to the rightful owner!! Surely that should be their aim and then to re home as the last resort. Can Shereen make them re-scan thoroughly as I am sure the new owners would co operate, I would if I was in that position, and if it proves it is Teddy offer a reward? Another thing perhaps put in that local newspaper your dilemma and plea for the new owners to get the scan done at the RSPCA or their vet so you can know for sure. Ring me when you can.x
- 2012-05-31 19:43 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, we spoke earlier on this afternoon. As a thought that when putting pen to paper to write to that particular dog shelter, you could always add that you feel that perhaps you ought to write to The Sun newspaper to forewarn members of the public that might on occasion go to them,on the total lack of sympathetic support that demonstrated to you in your quest to find your beloved dog. As I said earlier on, don't forget to add the Solicitor's name and address (and even strapline mentioning specialising in Pet Law) at the bottom of the letter as a "copy to".
Had reason to speak to Petlog this morning whilst at my local vet. They were there doing microchipping at discounted prices at the moment for those interested. They inform me that microchips do not automatically prove ownership of any animal and likewise the same for Tatoos. Also, if you have a cat you are not the owner" but merely the "keeper". How bizarre is all this? Keep me informed Sam on how you are getting on. xx PS I'm fine or at least I will be one day!!!!Last edited: 2012-05-31 19:47:21 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-05-31 18:52 Shereen
- Sam , Sorry I couldnt pick up your call earlier (I was in the middle of some family buisness) if your reading this ill be here at 8pm but may need to pop out again so could try me at 9pm
- 2012-05-31 17:38 denise
- Oh Sam this is awful, the RSPCA should be totally understanding with you. Shereen or someone who is a third party should try and speak to them, I know there is this confidentiality thing but did they really scan properly and need to know the circumstances where exactly and when did she get picked up and by who. Maybe try the RSPCA at Blackberry Farm, it's where I got Joe, maybe they can find out the information you need. I agree Ellie I will have second thoughts donating to them, I keep hearing things that are not good and have they really tried to find out if she does belong to a loving family even if it's not Teddy. The number for above is 03001230752.
- 2012-05-31 13:42 Ellie
- Perhaps Shereen and Lost Dog have some ideas. I am sure that under the circumstances this cannot be the case !!!
- 2012-05-31 13:39 Ellie
- Hi Teddy's Mum
This doesn't really make sense to me. Did they advertise that they had found the dog? Did they do everything that they should have done to try to find her owner ? The fact that teddy was on Lost Dog from almost day 1 should be an indication that people were looking for her and deeply cared about her. I think that they should have done more to advertise her and the fact that paths crossed is not your fault. As somebody who donates monthly to this organisation I am appaled at such an attitude and I think that we should certainly take this further by advertising the whole episode and bringing it to public attention. It's certainly making me think twice about donating anymore to them !
- 2012-05-31 13:14 Teddy's Mum
- Hi All,
I have just spoken to Trevor Cooper, specialist dog lawyer.
He was very nice and very helpful, should any of you, God forbid, need him.
Unfortunately, after seven days in kennels, an owner extinguishes all rights to the dog and any organisation can legally rehome the dog to someone else.
Of course! I knew this if i could think logically.
- 2012-05-31 13:05 Teddy's Mum
- Dear Alison,
Thank you so much. Likewise I don't post back on facebook very often as I don't have time! Still think of everyone though!!! x
Good luck with your house hunting and thanks for keeping your eyes peeled for Ted. xx
- 2012-05-31 12:56 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Sam. I can't imagine how you must be feeling at the moment. I haven't posted on here much lately as in the process of selling my house, but still check in regularly to see if any news. I am constantly on the lookout for Teddy when my husband and I are touring the countryside on our motorbike looking for our next home (which is every weekend at the moment). Stay strong, Alison xx
- 2012-05-31 12:51 Teddy's Mum
- Hi All!
I have spoken to the lady from the RSPCA, who said that they had scanned iris for a chip and were aware of them slipping due to weight loss.
They didn't have any other photos of her, so couldn't see how they could help further.
She was defensive and took exception when I mentioned maybe getting the police involved.
Just don't know what to do now.
I wonder if she knows how it feels to lose something that you love so much.
- 2012-05-31 09:04 Teddy's Mum
- Dear Claire,
How did you get on on Tuesday, as I have been thinking about you. Will ring you later.
Thank you for the solicitor details. I am sure that is will be useful for all us dogowners to keep on our notice boards, as when you need something like that, you can never think where to find it. xx
- 2012-05-31 09:00 Teddy's Mum
- Dear All!
Thank you for being such amazing and supportive friends!
I was moved to tears by your kindness....again!
Bit calmer now and will speak to Shereen when I have turned the ponies out, as to the best wway forward.
I think what panicked me was that the thought of "Teddy" actually being safe and found in an institute like the RSPCA, and then being given to someone else, was not something that had entered my head. If we had got this far, then she would automatically come back to me.
How naive am I!
Thank you. Can't really express on a website how much I appreciate you all. xxx
- 2012-05-30 23:22 Ellie
- Denise is right Sam. You really need to see a full length picture of Iris if poss. What we have to remember is that Iris has lost a lot of weight and has had a lot of her coat cut away which would probably distort things a bit including her colouring. Dogs often look lighter after a haircut in my experience !X
- 2012-05-30 22:30 denise
- Sam ,I just looked at the picture of Iris again, she seems to have black ears and a smaller black streak in between her ears going down to the eyes then the picture of Teddy, what do you think? Try and have a good night sleep, I'll ring you tomorrow. X
- 2012-05-30 22:18 denise
- Sam, Don't worry, you don't know for sure it's Teddy, like Ellie said we are all here behind you and you need to get to see this dog to identify one way or the other. You and Shereen need to get in contact with the rescue place surely they are going to help under the circumstances. You said to me earlier you are not convinced it is Teddy but you obviously have to check for your own satisfaction. Ask if they have any more pictures that show the whole body, has Teddy any other distinctive markings like her tail, feet (how are they coloured) that you can check with them? Let me know ASAP. Xx
- 2012-05-30 21:40 Ellie
- Hi Teddy's Mum
Please don't panic although I know that it must be very difficult ! Come on now, take some deep breaths and calm down ! Firstly we aren't 100% sure that it is Teddy and if it is and someone has her then I'm sure that the odds are stacked in your favour ! I think that the important thing is that you see her . This must be able to be arranged. I think that Shereen would be the person to know what to do and the best way to do it. Meanwhile there are lots of people on here that are ready and willing to help you and advise you. X
- 2012-05-30 20:59 Shereen
- Sam call me at home if you can.and like Claire said try not to panic.
- 2012-05-30 20:32 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, have also sent you an email. xx
- 2012-05-30 20:28 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, try this man:
SPECIALIST ADVICE ON DOG LAW
This website is provided by Cooper & Co Solicitors which is run by Trevor Cooper. Trevor has been qualified as a Solicitor for 24 years and has wide ranging expertise on the law relating to dogs.
•Phone us on 01227 811988. You can call us 7 days of the week, 365 days of the year.
- 2012-05-30 20:04 Claire Weston Turville
- This may be helpful:
www.Kennel Club+Solicitors. Ask a Solicitor: Pet Law - A Solicitor Will Answer You Now. justanswer.com/Pet-Law
Questions Answered Every 9 Seconds. This site has on-line solicitors. Good Luck xx
- 2012-05-30 19:56 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam,I'm sure I've read somewhere on the doglost site about solicitors that deal with dog ownership. I will rack my brains to try to remember which dog's page I saw this on. Don't panic xx
- 2012-05-30 18:47 Teddy's Mum
- OMG! I am in a real panic now!
Since checking her page this morning, it has all kicked off.
I am so worried now and don't know what to do.
I have been trying all day to get hold of the Hillingdon Clinic on all the numbers - appointments, 0300 emergency numbers to no avail.
Ellie, you are an absolute star and I didn't think to check this again until I had got hold of them and at least got an answer.
I am so upset by this, which is made even worse by the fact that I can't get hold of them. What do I do????
I have to see this dog after what Shereen has said about the microchip. I know that they slip, as Harry Potter's had slipped to his shoulder when he was last at the vet.
I didn't understand the extent when they loose so much weight and as Ellie has found out they don't know her history and little about her, and that she was matted and thin, all things that confirm to me the need for checki8ng this out further.
Thank you Ellie, Shereen and Angus! x
I know that it sounds odd but I didn't think that Iris was Teddy as she has a distinctive black muzzle, but I wasn't entirely sure from the photo. I am legally the owner, but not sure if a microchip cannot be traced where I stand.
I am really stressed by the seriousness of this matter.
I am going to ring the mobile number now but they can so easily fob me off by saying that they checked the dog for microchips. I need to see her. What do I do Shereen?
- 2012-05-30 15:34 Shereen
- No problem Thanks Ellie and Angus!
Sam...any joy in speaking to anyone there yet???
- 2012-05-30 11:59 Ellie
- Hi Shereen
I've managed to print off the page that Iris is on if you need it and could run off some copies. Sorry I can't be of more help !
- 2012-05-30 11:45 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- I've done the screen shot and pput on the forum Shereen
- 2012-05-30 11:40 Ellie
- Sorry but I'm useless with computers. I only know basics.
- 2012-05-30 11:17 Shereen
- Could anyone copy the PDF page or even better do a screen shot,that Iris is on...(I dont know how to save this kind of file) but ive taken a picture of the advert..I hope someone can as I have to go out.Thanks.X
- 2012-05-30 10:44 Ellie
- Hi Shereen
Sadly Iris is no longer with them and I gather that she has gone to a home ! I don't know how Sam stands legally with this although Teddy would legally belong to Sam. Perhaps somebody with some legal knowledge would know the answer to this ! I would certainly say to Sam to insist on seeing the dog though and not let them fob her off with any old rubbish ! She didn't say how long they'd had her but seemed a little bit defensive I thought and 2 or 3 times mentioned that they hadn't found a chip ! I told her that Teddy had been on the Lost Dog site since December and quoted her number on Lost Dog so they can't say that nobody was bothering to look for her.She did also ask me where Teddy was chipped so that has something to do with it, but obviously I didn't know. I do so hope that it is Teddy and I am keeping my fingers crossed !!!!!
- 2012-05-30 09:49 Shereen
- Hi Ellie...Well done! any ideas how long Iris has been with them?....when a dog is really skinny,we suspect the chip could possibly slip under bones!!...if you get intouch Sam,it may be worth asking them to scan her again if she had put on weight maybe its popped back out again!...also every now and the (not often) chips may fail..thats why its worth getting chips checked when you go to vaccs your dog to make sure its still working and and in the right place...its been known for them to be found in their feet or even their back legs!!!
- 2012-05-30 09:32 Ellie
- Hi Teddy's Mum
I managed to contact a lady at the boarding kennels. She has apparently left a message for you but gave me her mobile no for you to contact her it's 07870970744. She said that Wednesday is really busy for her but that Thursday is a better day for you to call. She did say that Iris wasn't chipped and had you definitely had her chipped !? She did also say that it was a complete mystery where the dog had come from which looks more to me like it could be Teddy !!!!Last edited: 2012-05-30 10:33:53 by Ellie
- 2012-05-30 08:56 Shereen
- Try contacting them through their Facebook page...
- 2012-05-30 07:29 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Ellie,
Iris does look like Teddy. How do they know that she is 4 and surely they will have checked her for a microchip?
I tried all day yesterday but alway switched to leave a message. Left messages and emailed them. You never know!!!!
- 2012-05-30 07:25 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Denise,
I will call you in a bit! xx
- 2012-05-29 14:14 Ellie
- Wow ! Iris does look very much like Teddy and not too far away either. I agree with Shereen that it would certainly be worth checking out Sam !
I'll check out some sites with guard dogs when I get a bit of time and get back to you about the templates as have to go to work very soon !
- 2012-05-29 08:24 denise
- Hi Sam, I can come tomorrow if I can be of help, I guess we can do the admin what do you think? I don't want to be a hindrance to your busy day. What would be best for you, time wise? X
- 2012-05-29 07:52 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Shereen,
I can see what you mean. Iris does look similar to Teddy, but Teds muzzle is completely black and distinctive.
It is not clear from the photo though, so I will ring them when they are open. Thanks!
My heart breaks to read about the terrible state Iris was found in and the sad, lonely look in her eyes. I wish that I could give her a home. x
- 2012-05-29 07:32 Teddy's Mum
- Hi All!
On a more cheerful note, I would like to congratulate Karen and Pip for coming FIRST in their class on Saturday.
I left just before the final results and top three was a cert then. this is a major achievement as karen and Pip were up against the incredibly obedient and well trained Collies and GSD's!!!!!! xxx
I email my article to ITV every week Claire in hope!
Just a thought, would anyone like it to email to bodies to help please? x
- 2012-05-29 07:26 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Jansus,
Have a good break. I will post the details surrounding Teddy's disappearance towards the end of the week so that it won't be too far down for when you get back.
"Teddy" is very friendly and would indeed go up to a stranger as she loves people. When she was a five month old puppy, she followed some walkers.
This is the problem that she is SO LOVING! Agh....,.
It does hurt! As it has taken her away from me.
I loved her so much that she didn't know anything else from humans.
I have visited all the travellers sites including the one in Reading and there was no sign. i actually believe that they would come forward as the reward money would be a motivater.
What is Quigley's google map?
Her flyers, as I said to Ellie, ask probing questions.
Can post or email an example?
Good idea to repost the sad day though to recap.
Will do end of week. Enjoy your week.
- 2012-05-29 07:10 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Ellie,
Been tied up with ponies hence delay in getting back to you.
It is a good thought and as you can imagine breaks my heart to think of her tied up in a yard somewhere, rather than being curled up on her bed. Poor little thing! Or even worse, has she been used as bait to fight by the nasties!!!
Someone else informed that on the Preloved website round about the time Teddy went missing, there was an advert for a private person wanting a guard dog.
I have checked out the scrap metal yards and if you have any ideas on local security firms, that would help!
She has two kinds of flyers Ellie and one of them asks those such questions. Let me know if you need me to email you the template. x
- 2012-05-29 06:50 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Claire,
Thank you but you really do help Teddy a lot!
Good luck today at the hospital, I will be thinking of you!
please let me know how you got on. We will get together with Denise next week as need a hand with some admin etc for Teddy. xx
- 2012-05-29 06:46 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Denise,
Hope you all had a lovely weekend celebrating Colins birthday?
let me know if you feel like coming over tomorrow.
So much to do just need more hours in the day!
We can get together with Claire again next week when she has more time. xx
- 2012-05-29 06:40 Teddy's Mum
- Thanks Shereen.
I will check this out, and come back
- 2012-05-29 01:04 Shereen
- ****PLEASE LOOK AT THIS LINK****
scroll down to IRIS
the ear looks a bit wonky but she could of damaged it...Sam you will know...there is a photo.
- 2012-05-28 08:48 jansus
- I know this may be painful - but I was wondering if Teddys mum could do a re-cap of the first few days when Teddy went missing - a bit like a cold case review of what happened - any poistive sightings and where they were - were there any other dogs going missing in the same area at the same time- are ther any traveller sites near the last sighting ? Would Teddy just go up to a stranger etc? Just thought it might be useful for those who may have joined the thread later.The fact that she was a healthy three year old dog would indicate that she is capable of surviving on her own. Also a google map like Quigleys might be useful? Then I could re-post some flyers to local farms again? Also Some of the posters may have some more questions ? Where there many other people around the day she went missing?That sort of thing.Have a good week . speak to you when I get back from my break.
- 2012-05-27 20:53 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, thank you nice lady for your kind words but I play a small part. YOU did the good work at the Dog show and raised a huge amount of awareness for Teddy. Fingers crossed that it brings some news of her. PS it was great to meet you at long last and just as soon as I am able will come over - not sure about this week though as we are away for entire Jubilee weekend and then when I get back (hopefully) up to see Daughter No 2 in York for a few days. But will let you know. Denise don't hang around waiting for me on Wed if you want to arrange timings etc 'cos just not sure at mo. xx Sam I forgot to ask did you email ITV again with your story for their dog lost section news item?Last edited: 2012-05-27 20:54:30 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-05-27 08:47 denise
- Hi Sam, what a great day you had raising awareness this will help I am sure and with everyone being so nice really helps sorry I couldn't help but I can come Wednesday to plan the next course of action! Ellie, I too have thought this and mentioned it to Sam maybe Dog Watch would be best as they work with the police? Well done Karen and Pip doing so well. Good luck Claire at the hospital. Thanks Sam for your answer phone message speak to you soon, hoping for some news now with all the publicity, fingers crossed. Xx
- 2012-05-26 19:57 Ellie
- Hi All
I'm so glad that Halton went very well and many congrats to the lovely Pip and Karen who finished in the top three. You certainly had a beautiful day for it and from what you've said Sam you have a whole lot more eyes that are ready and willing to help !
I am not too au fait with Teddy's history on this site as I only seemed to invite myself onto it about half way through, but I was thinking to myself today whilst at work (I'm probably going to get the sack soon for not paying due care and attention) that GSD's are very popular with security firms and scrap metal yards etc. It could be possible that our nasty, horrible 'friends' could have sold Teddy to such people. Someone could have quite unknowing and in good faith bought her ! Do we know whether these places have been checked out and if not perhaps somebody from Dog Lost would know how to set about doing it ! It's probably already been done and I'm 6 months behind the times, but It was just a thought !
- 2012-05-26 18:32 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Ellie,
You really are great! You always make me smile and chuckle.
We had a really positive day thanks, and team Teddy really went for it!
Maybe one day soon????? xx
- 2012-05-26 18:24 Teddy's Mum
- I would just like to say a very big THANK YOU to lovely
Claire and karen for all their hard work and support today.
It was too hot to take my best friends - Mr fozzie Bear and Buzz Lightyear, so I was kind of lost without them.
I couldn't have stayed so strong and positive without the girls!!!
It was a beautiful venue and everyone was so very kind and totally understanding and supportive of Teddy.
All the people there were extremely experienced dog owners and doglovers, hence it made the job so much easier. All of "Teddy's" flyers went very quickly as people were genuinely interested and wanted to take one. There were dog owners from all counties so this was a really useful event to attend.
Lots of GSD's there whose owners were almost in tears at my loss. To own one is to love one!
Thank you again Claire for your hospitality! It was a pleasure to meet you, Bob and Remy at long last!
You worked very hard at those flyers!
Thank you Karen for the idea and for for helping me to get through the day without too many tears!!!!! As you knew all the judges, owners etc, everyone was keen to take flyers and hear about Teddy. We also handed out posters for people belonging to dog clubs and keith who travels up and down the country with his shop.
In fact, a good job girls!! Thanks a million.
P.S Also good for the very gorgeous Pip, Karen's little Sheltie, who competed and did very well, placed in top three. Congratulations Pip and Karen xx
- 2012-05-26 08:25 Ellie
- Hi Teddys Mum
So sorry it wasn't Teddy but never mind the show must go on. It must be her turn next ! I wish you 'Three Musketeers' all the very best of luck at Halton and you just never know what might turn up ! All for one and one for all !! :-) XLast edited: 2012-05-26 08:28:37 by Ellie
- 2012-05-26 07:23 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Ellie,
I thought the same when I read about the GSD in Tadley.
I had a knot in my stomach when I rang the number, as I really hoped that it would be Teddy.
- 2012-05-26 07:12 Teddy's Mum
- Hi All!
The dog found in Tadley was not Teddy, and is now happily reunited with her owners. Just didn't get a chance to post last night.
Animal wardens were very helpful and understanding though. They rang me back straight away about the dog.
Teddy is registered with them also.
Claire, Karen and I are off to the Dog show today at RAF Halton. It is a real "biggie" so can hopefully raise more awareness of "Teddy", which will be good.
Have a great weekend and enjoy the sunshine! x
- 2012-05-25 21:35 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Elle meeting up with Sam tomorrow and I will check with her just in case she doesn't post tonight. Regards
- 2012-05-25 13:29 Ellie
- Hi Teddy's mum
Have you checked out the female GSD found at Tadley? Looking at Tadley on the map, it's not too far away especially if she's been 'helped' along the way by the usual undesirables !Last edited: 2012-05-25 13:31:10 by Ellie
- 2012-05-25 07:49 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Claire,
will speak to Karen and ring you later to arrange a time.
Thanks for the tip on the car park. I was thinking of taking Fozzie Bear but think that it will be too hot for him. The organisers have offered us a breakfast voucher!
Ring you later. xx
- 2012-05-25 07:44 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Denise,
No worries. Will wait to hear from Claire as to what day she can do as I can do Wednesday. Can't change the ponies collection as other people involved.
Have a great weekend and enjoy the sunshine.
wish Colin a Happy Birthday from us all here and little Ted. xx
- 2012-05-25 07:35 Teddy's Mum
- Thank you Glynafon.
Will look into this.
- 2012-05-25 06:59 glynafon
- Female GSD Found yesterday RG26 (Tadley) Dont know if checked for chip on animalwardens website.
- 2012-05-24 20:14 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Girls, thanks for message Sam and I can help out on Sat morn if this helps just give me a time to meet up with everyone. Not too sure about next week at the moment. Will know more after I've seen Consultant on Tue! I think that weekend is Jubilee in which case (if I'm not in hosp!) then we are away. Will talk more when I see you on Sat. If this show is where I think it will be (near Nuffield Pavilion) the cars will not be in the shade as a thought for anyone bringing dogs. I used to work at Halton and if there are a lot of people there will be a few cars up there and most spaces are in total sun all day.Last edited: 2012-05-24 20:16:28 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-05-24 18:19 denise
- Hi Sam, just got back from work, I'm soo hot! Just listened to your answer phone message, sorry I can't help Saturday, it's Colin's birthday so got the girls over but be thinking of you and good luck. I can do Wednesday any good for you and Claire? Can't do Thursday, I'm working. You with the golden heart rescuing Shetland ponies, you never cease to amaze me. Don't suppose you can do that Sunday then we can come Monday? It's up to you but Wednesday is ok hope ok for you and Claire as we have a lot to do!! Xx
- 2012-05-24 15:01 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Denise,
just left you a message also. It is so very sad for that poor Lurcher, as he has probably had a terrible time already if he is in rescue. At least he was safe there and no, who knows what will happen to him.
IT MAKES ME SO..................ANGRY AND HELPLESS!!!!!! xxx
I have to go and rescue two poor, abandoned Shetland ponies
on Monday and Claire in hosptal Tuesday. Thursday good or weekend? x
- 2012-05-24 14:55 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Ladies!
I have just got hold of the organisers of the dog show on Saturday, and they have German Shepherds themselves!
They are very sympathetic to "Teddy's" cause and are happy for us to hand out leaflets and for me to use my boards.
Will drop off some flyers to Karen tomorrow. She is competing her little Sheltie at the show.
Good luck! I will try to find you and watch your class Karen.
Just left you a message Claire. Your building project does sound urgent! If you feel like joining us on Saturday, would be great, but not to worry if you are busy.
Sorry to hear that you are in hospital again Claire; you told me that not a serious proble!?! LOL xx
- 2012-05-24 10:25 denise
- Hi, Monday is a good day for me let me know if ok with you. Good luck at hosp Tuesday, Claire.
- 2012-05-24 08:41 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Girls, probably would be better for me next week but sadly not Tuesday as at hosp for most of morning. My building project is urg!!! at the moment with daylight being seen thro' kitchen ceiling, not to mention the dirt and dust!!!!! Just hope it doesn't rain, good air ventilation though! I can possibly help out Sat late morning handing out flyers etc at Halton. Sam just give me a call if you need hand.
- 2012-05-23 22:15 denise
- Hi Sam, Can't believe a dog was stolen from a rescue centre!! Sorry can't help Saturday but good luck and do you still want me round on Sunday? Or can come during the week so we can go thru other possibilities to raise awareness. It was so hot today at lease now you don't have to live in waterproofs!! Claire, does it suit you if ok with Sam to go over beginning of the week? X
- 2012-05-23 10:10 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Karen,
It was really good to talk to you also!
Look forward to seeing you friday with the flyers. xx
- 2012-05-22 18:40 karen
- Hi Teddy's mum it was so nice to talk, see you Friday for the flyers,Karen
- 2012-05-22 18:02 karen
- Hi can someone contact me for the No: as I'm concerned about the hoax folk that could cause more problems, the show is an Open Competative Obedience show only and you can't take unentered dogs around (although people do just keep them in their vehicles). No rescue classes. If they should object can someone get a load to me and I will put on cars when I'm free, Karen Oh the postcode is HP22 5NT RAF Halton, Halton Nr Wendover, BucksLast edited: 2012-05-22 18:05:08 by karen
- 2012-05-22 09:26 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Jansus,
I do have some small leaflets, and would be very grateful if your mum would be kind enough to put them on her stall.
I have been struggling to get to Tetsworth boot etc as morning and afternoons are the times when the horses need attention.
Very pleased to hear that your mum is feeling better!
I am sure that the sunshine will lift all our spirits this week. Hurrah!
Just let me know where and when you want them.
- 2012-05-22 09:18 Teddy's Mum
- Hi All,
Really appreciate your offers of help.
Not ignoring them, just not sure whee and what to do next.
Thanks Ellie again! As you said, I think that we are doing what we can. I no longer feel that it is useful to put posters up, as they are instantly ripped off.
The prolific spate of dog thefts is horrendous. A black lurcher was stolen from Binfield Dog Rescue last night. How utterly disgusting is that!!!
As you said Claire, if I got hold of any of them............
I wrote a piece of editorial regarding microchipping, theft and other issues and am just sending it to relevant media until somebody takes it up.
- 2012-05-22 09:05 Teddy's Mum
- Morning Claire!
Spooky that, we both posted at the same time!
If we both go and meet karen, then we should get quite a few leaflets out. Great!
I will get some more leaflets printed for us. Will ring Denise to see whether she would like to come, although she often works on a Saturday. xx
- 2012-05-22 08:57 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Karen. Thanks for info. Yes please if you can give phone number then maybe I or Sam will get in touch with organiser.
- 2012-05-22 08:57 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Karen,
Thank you for that. A really good one to attend.
Can you give me the contact no for the organisers, so that I can check to see whether they would mind if we handed out flyers and walked around with a sandwich board.
What is the programme for the day. Any specific rescue classes etc?
What is the postcode?
I was going to the Shetland show/dog class at Sue Ryder Hospice at Nettlebed on Sunday, but think that this would be far more beneficial fo Teddy's awareness.
- 2012-05-21 22:11 jansus
- Hi Teddys mum, do you have small flyers like the ones that Quigley has? My mum does boot sales most weeks and has not been well , but she is feling better now and if the weather continues to improve I know she will put some posters on her stall and have some flyers that people can pick up. She will be doing Warborough on the jubilee weekend ( this is quite a big boot sale ) tetsworth and ones towards Henley.
- 2012-05-21 19:58 karen
- Hi Claire, no its not, it is the Aylesbury Canine Training Society Open Obedience (I'm going), I do have contact nos if wanted to check with organisers first (opens at 08.30h.r.)Karen
- 2012-05-21 18:28 Claire Weston Turville
- Thanks Karen. Hi Sam, any chance of you getting some flyers/leaflets to me and perhaps I can meet up with Karen and hand out for you. This dog show might be the RAF Police dogs championships. Will drive up tomorrow and check out timings Last edited: 2012-05-21 18:31:11 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-05-21 13:35 karen
- Dear Sam
This Saturday there is a very large Obedience dog show as Halton (Nr. Aylesbury); competitors will be travelling from all parts of the country, I can give you details of the show sec. if you would like it, and /or give flyers out if you have any; Karen
- 2012-05-19 18:39 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, I know you have signed up for Dogwatch but this one came thro' to me today. You will probably get it as well Sam but not sure if Denise is on it and as we live in fairly close proximity to these b****rds thought I would let you know.Dog Thieves at Work?
There have been some unconfirmed reports recently, in the Long Crendon, Oakley and Worminghall area, of males approaching people when they are out walking their dogs and trying to steal them. It is also alleged that this has happened in Wallingford and Aston Rowant. Police are anxious to obtain hard facts. If you are able to throw any light on the matter, please let us know as soon as possible.
- 2012-05-19 17:50 Ellie
- Hi Teddy's Mum
You're absolutely spot on with your analogy of animals. I would even go so far as to say that I much prefer them to SOME of the people that I've met along the rocky road of life !
So sorry that the Car Rally was cancelled. Is it ever going to stop raining and are we ever going to see the sun again ? At least when the sun is shining it makes things slightly more bearable.
It's such a shame that you've had to endure all this rain whilst looking after your animals.
I think you are doing so well with the situation. I've lost 2 of my dogs on 2 separate occasions just for about an hour and I remember how scared and worried I was and how my heart was pounding ten to the dozen. So I know just what you and Holly must be going through and I do so wish I could do more.
I live in Chinnor so if there is anything I can do then let me know via this site. I check yours and Quigley's out during the course of the day so I do keep informed.
All the very best and will keep intouch .XX
- 2012-05-19 09:12 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam/Denise, as far as I know it is hoped that it will be rescheduled but no news as yet as to when. Whilst asleep, with thinking cap, on I also wondered about This Morning prog and likewise was it a regular feature. Sam did you email the story of Teddy to any of your local papers by any chance? I think it is worth a try at "selling" the story to any of your local papers - what do you think?Last edited: 2012-05-19 09:14:05 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-05-18 22:05 denise
- That is so annoying about the car rally, will it be held later do you think Claire? Sam did you get anywhere with the websites I gave you, I have some more. Does anyone know if This Morning TV pets that are lost,is going to be a regular feature and did they include Teddy in the list? Is there anything Sam you want me to do or go, just let me know. X
- 2012-05-18 20:36 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, & Denise, sadly the Chiltern Car Raly has been cancelled - now confirmed - due to waterlogged field and the s**t weather forecast for Sunday. As I said in my email to you tonight Sam, thinking cap will go on when I go to bed tonight! xxLast edited: 2012-05-18 20:37:33 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-05-18 15:34 Teddy's Mum
- Dear Claire, Denise and ALL you other ladies and unsung heroes out there.
THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!
As Claire said so aptly, let us support each other.
If there is anything I can do to help any of you, then please let me know.
If any of your children/grandchildren would like a pony/horse ride, then I would be happy to do this.
Jansus - Harry Potter is still keen to come for his stop over!!!
It is very hard out there for everyone.
Even the poor bumble bees are struggling with this awful weather to stay alive. I was thinking what a huge hailstone of rain would feel like to one of them!
Very aware of your kindness and support. xx
- 2012-05-18 15:21 Teddy's Mum
- Dear Ellie,
You got it so right on your post of the 6th of May. The past six months have dealt me some cruel blows and not just Teddy. I am a fighter and do not have the time to think about myself with all my horses, ponies and dogs to love and care for. They need me, so there is never a dull moment and certainly no time for self pity. Hopefully, I will meet you one day and thank you properly in person.
I REALLY respect you admire your positive and honest, down to earth approach.
Months of grief are taking their toll and I am sure that you realise what I mean, but I will never give up searching for our beloved "Teddy".
This is Teddy's page and it is all about her. Gorgeous little Ted is out there somewhere.
Found a piece that sums it all up how I feel.
The saying goes that "man is dog's best friend". Others find that other pets are also up to the task. The companionship that animals offer is different from human interaction. Human communicate with speech and although this is an advanced form of communication, it has its limitations. Sometimes people struggle to say the right thing when what we really need is to be simply there for each other. Because animals cannot talk they are superior to humans in detecting the feelings of others. A pet may be able to offer a level of companionship that is deeper and more satisfying than human interaction.
Thank you Ellie!
- 2012-05-18 12:32 Ellie
- Hi All
Just want to wish you loads of luck at the Vintage Car Rally. You just never know what might turn up ! Thanks Denise and Sam for your kind comments and Claire I think you're right about the bottomless pit except we might all be living in one the way the economy's going ! :-) Good job we can joke about it !!Last edited: 2012-05-18 12:33:30 by Ellie
- 2012-05-18 08:21 Teddy's Mum
- Bless you and thank you all so much!
Cannot thank you enough for being there for "Teddy" and me.xxx
- 2012-05-17 20:56 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Ladies,as a further thought we will all have a bottomless pit the way the economy is going!!!! Might as well make ourselves useful looking for lost dogs and supporting each other. xx
- 2012-05-17 20:54 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Denise, just sent Sam an email and hopefully will get some timings/possible cost of entrance as I have left organisers a message saying I don't think we need a stand/stall can merely distribute instead. Tell me if I'm wrong in these thoughts. Sam has my address to park your car and we can walk down the road - not far. xx
- 2012-05-17 18:12 denise
- Hi Ellie, you are a tower of strength, just what Sam needs as she gets very low as you can imagine, just you coming up with ideas I know helps her and I too wish I had a bottomless pit. This weekend we are doing the Vintage Car Rally so spreading the word about Teddy.
- 2012-05-17 13:16 Ellie
- Hi Teddy's Mum
Glad to see you back on site again. I guess we all need a bit of a push and a rally call now and again. I've had to have a few myself over the years. With four sons, you can imagine. It's only human nature to get down about these things but we have to stay focussed and remember that inspite of how it seems sometimes, there are a lot of people out there and on this site that are right behind you and so willing to help !.I only wish that I could help more physically but I have a strenuous job at funny hours and of late I'm feeling a bit past my 'sell by' date. However with the state of the world as it is we don't really know what's going to happen tomorrow so I'm hanging on in there !
I've never been one much to hanker after great wealth but I must admit that in situations such as yours Holly and others I wish that I had a bottomless pit of money to do as much as I possibly could to help. Although as many have said, most things have and are being done so I'm not sure what else I could do !
- 2012-05-17 09:03 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, nice to have you back. Will also be at the Chiltern Car Rally and will be in touch with you soon re timings etc. Look forward to seeing your dogs. There is a dog show on up there as well. Hopefully husband will scan leaflet I picked up from vets and will email you with it. Will be in touch xxLast edited: 2012-05-17 09:04:14 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-05-17 07:54 Teddy's Mum
- Denise, Claire and I will be at the Vintage car rally at Weston Turville on Sunday to hand out Teddy's leaflets.
I will be wearing my sandwich boards with Mr Fozzie Bear or Simba in tow! xx
- 2012-05-17 07:50 Teddy's Mum
- Sadly, Ruby is not "Teddy". Kenny rang them several times, asking them to double check for a chip and also against the poster of "Teddy" on this page.
I hope and pray that Ruby will be reunited with her owners as soon as possible!
- 2012-05-17 07:46 Teddy's Mum
- Thanks Claire!
Will email you. xx
- 2012-05-17 07:45 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Alison,
Hearing Dogs Open day would be a good one! xx
- 2012-05-17 07:42 Teddy's Mum
- Dear Ellie,
Thank you so very much for those kind words.
They are so very much appreciated at this difficult time.xx
- 2012-05-16 23:20 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi, Sam is aware and was going to phone re Shereen's message.
- 2012-05-15 21:24 Claire Weston Turville
- I will try and get hold of Sam via email to check this dog out. It may be that her PC is down and if I don't get a response by tomorrow morn I will phone her just in case she hasn't seen this.Last edited: 2012-05-15 21:25:19 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-05-15 11:30 Shereen
- Sam,I hope your still checking here Daily?!
Similar looking dog called Ruby at these Kennels although it says not chipped but worth a call...
For more information you can call 0191 5292369, or visit the kennels during their opening hours...
Monday 2pm – 4pm
Wednesday 2pm – 4pm
Thursday 2pm – 4pm
Saturday 2pm – 4pm
West Hall Boarding Kennels, Cleadon Lane, Sunderland, SR6 7UY
its a long,long way away I know but you never know!
- 2012-05-14 10:10 Claire Weston Turville
- Good idea Alison. Does Reading have a FC club? Will ring my friend who organising Chiltern Car Rally on 20th May at Weston Turville later on today or tomorrow to get timings. There is also a dog show on up there.
- 2012-05-11 22:06 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Sam. Sorry I haven't posted on Teddy's page for a while. I think Hearing Dogs for Deaf People (at Saunderton) hold their summer fayre at the beginning of June. I wondered if they'd agree to display some posters of Teddy, Quigley and the other local missing dogs? I see Claire has suggested car boots too - there's normally a very popular one at Bledlow Ridge, so this too would be a good place to gain more publicity. Has anyone already suggested handing out posters at local football grounds - i.e Wycombe Wanderers? Alison xx
- 2012-05-09 12:16 Shereen
- Heres a possible for Teddy...This Morning
This Friday we’re intending to feature an item on missing pets. So if you’ve lost a pet, or think you’ve had one stolen, let us know and we might be able to feature them in our missing pets gallery. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with some good shots of your missing pet and a few details that might help: when you last saw your pet, any distinguishing marks, habits or characteristics. Maybe it was wearing a particular collar. We need your emails by 5.00pm Thursday the 10th
- 2012-05-07 18:59 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, I have emailed you separately. But have just found this dog on the Found dogs id 39299. What do you think?
- 2012-05-06 15:11 Ellie
- Hi Teddy's Mum
Please don't get despondent ! I get the feeling that this is the case with you lately and when we get down our health suffers and we pick up nasty infections and illnesses !
Your lovely 'family' ( bless their little furry hooves and paws) are totally relying on you remaining strong as you always have been. You've turned all their lives around for them and you owe it to them to be strong !
From what I've read about you on this site I think your're a Spartan ! I think that your're a lady that could conquer the world let alone find missing Teddy !So come on now Mrs Spartan, pick up that sword and get back into battle !Last edited: 2012-05-06 18:52:24 by Ellie
- 2012-05-06 14:10 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, So very sorry but just don't do facebook. A thought whilst away but I think we might have touched upon Car Boot sales and I believe there is usually a biggish one near you. Would there be any friends, volunteers who live that way be able to hand out leaflets or even put up near entrance a large poster of Teddy? Are there any other future car boots your direction? Furtrher thought what about a leaflet drop through your local newspaper ie just popped inside of even a leaflet drop through a leaflet dropping organisation?Last edited: 2012-05-06 14:12:35 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-05-06 11:52 Ruth
- 2012-05-06 11:42 nicky
- 2012-05-06 09:17 Teddy's Mum
- Oh my goodness Liz!
Will look inti this also.
- 2012-05-06 09:12 Liz
- Apologies if someone has already looked into this but posted yesterday by jane dell on doglost bucks - No other info atm but two German Shepherd's just been collected by the dog warden in Willington MK44 3** postcode area. young , friendly and thin, have asked for more info, waiting to hear but may be tomorrow......
- 2012-05-05 11:31 denise
- 2012-05-05 08:32 denise
- Can't come Monday Harriet is going up to London and ther weather forecast is not good, sorry hopefully the next? Did you try the German Shepherd Rescue Centre? See numbers below. I haven!t heard from Harebells yet! Is there anything or anywhere you want me to do today, all the best with the new PR at Doglost. Xx
- 2012-05-04 22:42 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Claire!
You need to add me as a friend on face book and I would really appreciate your response as to Nik Oakley's comment.
Big launch this weekend and then Nik will comment on any help that she might be able to offer.
Have a fun weekend with your daughter..........Samxx
- 2012-05-04 22:34 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Claire and all!
maybe you could add me as a friend on facebook and see what Nik Oakley, the new Doglost PR person had to respond to my request.
I will show you Denise when you come over on Monday?
My facebook details are in my maiden name of sam stapleford. Not worried about who visits this.
Anyone will see that I have been trying desperately to raise the gorgeous "Teddy's" profile.
Trying every medi8a approach, although feel that "Twitter" seems to be the approach.
please forgive my lack of computer knowledge and please advise me!!!!!
Thanks............Teddy and Sam xxx
- 2012-05-04 12:28 denise
- Just seen a poster for something that's going on at Speen Horse Sanctuary if you have time or someone else perhaps a good place to hand out flyers? I rang Harebells and left a message, I will try again later.
- 2012-05-04 10:03 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, couldn't have impressed Marcus that much as I did tell him about Teddy but obviously forgot!. Have emailed Meridian Tonight again but don't hold out a lot of hope as the auto-message came back saying that they are not taking special requests at this time! What about the new PR man for Doglost and a TV appeal of some kind. Maybe if Shereen is on this site she may be able to assist further if this is possible.
- 2012-05-04 08:03 denise
- I will try Harebells. I have some numbers for you for the GS rescue and rehoming, best if you ring as you can describe Teddy accurately. Area co-ordinator Lizzy Brown 0207 237 9633 and for South area 01925 634 699. Try these first there are more! Any news on the Tv appeal? Harriet still longing for a ride but the weather is still against her :( xx
- 2012-05-04 07:32 Teddy's Mum
- I have emailed BBC Oxford, South Today etc, but I guess it takes time for them to reply to everyone's requests.
They may not bother.
keep plugging away Sam
Thank you all! xx
- 2012-05-04 07:29 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Denise,
Would you mind trying Harebells again for me at Long Marston as I didn't get through to them when I tried before. Got farrier today so busy, busy, busy!
- 2012-05-04 07:25 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Claire,
I had a call from Marcus from the Bucks Herald last night!
He was predominantly interested in doing a follow up on Amy, the Dartmoor pony that I am rescueing, but was not aware that "Teddy" was missing.
He will let me know if they run this story and if they do will hopefully put a mention of her missing in as well.
Well done Claire. You obviously impressed him! xx
Have a great weekend with your daughter.
- 2012-05-04 07:08 Teddy's Mum
- Dear Denise,
The most imprtant thing is that you and everyone are there to support "Teddy" and me. I feel despondent this week, because it is nearly six months now since Teddy disappeared and there is still nothing.
I do something for her everyday, constantly thinking of new avenues and ways to go. I try to email someone new or facebook a new group/media page.
The horses take up more time than they normally would this year, what with the rain and cold, so my "Teddy" working times are more limited than I would like.
I think about her every second of every day.
Just need one media group to put out that nationwide appeal for her!!!! PLEASE HELP! xxx
- 2012-05-03 20:26 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, I echo what Denise has written. I am away this weekend back on Sun and will have a think as to where to go from here. I still continue to look for Poppy (Black Cocker) as I do your Teddy. Every person who is out walking, no matter where, with these breeds is scanned and stared at by me!. People now probably convinced I am a nutter. xx A quick thought but Pam St Clements (Actress) is doing a new TV show soon to do with Pets. I will investigate a bit more when I return. Last edited: 2012-05-03 20:28:38 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-05-03 19:08 denise
- Dear Sam what can I do to help? I feel really helpless, sorry I don't do Facebook but I tell everyone I meet. I hope you can still do an appeal on local TV this would reach a wide audience. I know there are rescue centres for all breeds have you tried or I can get a number for you as I know you are so busy looking after your animals even more in this awful weather. Think of you and little Ted every day, keep strong lovely Sam. X
- 2012-05-03 07:05 Teddy's Mum
- On a positive note, I have met and found many wonderful people through Doglost, who I will always regard as friends now.
You have all restored my faith in human nature and I cannot thank you enough for your kindness, support and hours of hard work.
THANK YOU! xxx
- 2012-05-03 07:01 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Claire,
I spoke to Quigley's mum a couple of months ago regarding this, as it would be too expensive for us to do on our own.
She was reluctant due to the number of "freak" calls that they had received regarding Quigley.
To follow up strange calls on a national level would not be do able, apart from the distress it causes.
I was keen because I have received NO calls for Teddy, but I completely understand where they are coming from.
This whole experience is heartbreaking and lifechanging for all of us. We have to deal with it as best we can and hope and pray that our beloved dogs will one day return.
Nearly six months since "Teddy" disappeared. xx
- 2012-05-03 06:50 Teddy's Mum
- Hi All!
I am just plugging away until I get a response.
Please can everyone share and facebook all your friends and groups like radio stations etc. Anything you can think of that is of interest to you.
Like Racheljane has done with Team Spilllers.
I am doing as much as I can but if you can help that would be great. It only takes one person as she said.
STILL MISSING - "TEDDY"
There is a very large reward for information leading to the safe return of "Teddy" who went missing from the Christmas Common/RG9 area on the 13/12/2011.
Have you been given.bought/looking after a dog like this in good faith over the last 6 months?
"Teddy" is a much loved family pet and is particularly special as she was hand reared.
She is very friendly and loving. She is spayed and microchipped.
Sightings regularly updated on her dedicated Doglost page.
www.DOGLOST.CO.UK ID NO: 35377
All information will be gratefully received and treated in the strictest confidence.
Thank you! xxx
- 2012-05-02 20:14 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam. hope you had a better day today. At least no rain here but dare I say its on its way. Not sure about the cost of this but what about sharing a half or quarter page each with Quigley's owners and putting a missing believed stolen notice in a newspaper ie Daily Mail/Sun or whatever? Have you heard anything from Bucks Herald via Horses4Homes for Amy if you have applied as yet?
- 2012-05-02 08:52 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Racheljane,
That is brilliant - thank you so much!!!
What a good idea.
Lots of horsey people like ourselves like German Shepherds.
Ever since I had that call from someone saing that they wouldn't help look for Teddy, because German Shepherds are a nasty breed, I am conscious that the breed is misunderstood. It is all down to how they are brought up, like people in ma ny ways!!!
I cannot stress enough for any visitors to this page, that Teddy is VERY FRIENDLY. I rescued her mum who sadly died giving birth, and therefore hand reared the litter of ten GSD puppies. She was crawling even before she had been towelled off. She was cheeky and full of life, and i had to keep her.
Really miss her. xxxx
- 2012-05-02 08:38 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Denise,
I saw that Badminton had been cancelled as the course is flooded in places. All those hours of organising and hard work. Some people will rely on events like that for their income. What a shame! xx
- 2012-05-01 18:45 racheljane
- Hi Sam, Hope the weather has cleared a bit for you! Just to let you know 'Team SPILLERS' who have thousands of followers on facebook, have kindly agreed I could place a link about Teddy and Quigley on their page. Here is what I posted...Please help - lost Doggies!!
I am posting this on behalf of worried owners who have lost their dogs. In particular 'Teddy' missing since 12/12/11 and Quigley missing since 2/1/12. Both are missing from the Oxfordshire area.
Their owners are distraught and are working tirelessly to try and find out where they are or what has happened to them. I am asking please if you will take a look at the following links and share them with your friends and family. It only takes one lead and who knows they may be reunited with their owners. I would like to say thank you on behalf of their owners to Team SPILLERS who have been very kind agreeing for me to place this post. It's good to know that there are still kind people in the world. Then the two links to Teddy and Quigley's pages. You never know!! I am waiting for some other horsey institutions to come back to me about posting on their pages too. Fingers crossed x
- 2012-05-01 11:14 denise
- Back to disgusting weather, poor you Sam! I don't know whether you got anyone to cover Badmlington, but it has been cancelled due to the weather!!
- 2012-05-01 10:21 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, I know my fish are getting wet! xx
- 2012-05-01 07:12 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Claire,
Absolutely right! Quigley has small handbag size ones and i need to collect some more. Teddy's are credit card size as I can fit 10 on an A4 which helps.
I think that it is the way to go at the rate that the posters keep getting taken down.
I have just had a load more done so have plenty.
I see the rain is back with a vengeance this morning! xx
- 2012-05-01 07:05 Teddy's Mum
- Thanks Shereen!
Still trying to get hold of Doglost PR team!
Have left messages on facebook, but appreciate that people have busy lives.
Any ideas? xx
- 2012-04-30 19:39 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, At least the weather was better today for us all. Have just left a "blog" on Poppy (Black Cocker) page for Jo,. Just a thought but when Denise and I did a leaflet drop your Teddy ones were approx postcard size. Can I suggest that you do the same size again and then we could staple the 3-4 missing dogs paperwork together. This might be better for people as they can keep handy in their car,handbag etc. I think anything bigger and people would tend to throw away the minute our backs were turned! I'm not sure if Quigley's owners are in on this one as I haven't approached them. Last edited: 2012-04-30 19:40:46 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-04-30 14:06 Shereen
- Have emailed Teddys poster off to local holding kennels to refresh their memory and say Teddy is still missing.
- 2012-04-30 07:42 Teddy's Mum
- Hi liz,
Not heard from you for a while. How are things?
Just to let you know that I made up a poster with the wording that you helped me with. Sherreen said that due to the photos and layout, it wouldn't work/fit on the Doglost page. I have made that one into a poster and flyers and use that now.
Any ideas on an email to the media?
Take Care...........Sam xx
- 2012-04-30 07:38 Teddy's Mum
- Dear Claire and Denise,
Thanks for your unwavering support and kindness as always!!!
Really sick of mud and rain at this point.
- 2012-04-30 07:35 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Jansus,
Yes, we need to approach the media while the microchipping subject is current.
Any other thoughts to put down?
- 2012-04-30 07:33 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Reggiemollieros,
Thank you so much for putting Teddy on twitter!
If you can catch Jo Page and james Thornton, that would be great!
This twitter thing is powerful as Susannah Reid on BBC1 was saying just now that she interviewed Justin Bieber and asked him to follow her on twitter and is increased her followers by 2.5 thousand! Wow!
How do I do this for Teddy?
- 2012-04-30 07:25 Teddy's Mum
- Good Morning All!
The weather was ghastly yesterday!
I have spoken to Claire and am thrilled that her hard work is paying off.
We will keep pushing and pestering until we get a response.
As I have already said, if I need to stand in front of a train and refuse to move until ITV etc news appear, then I will. Poor little Teddy is out there somewhere!
Just have to get my my little girl back!
Where are the PR gurus? Really need some help in putting together an effective email. Claire has sent hers and I need to back it up with one that is spot on.
Come on Doglost teams.
Thanks everyone! xxx
- 2012-04-29 21:27 denise
- Hi All, Sam eventually got her electric back on and finally got her long awaited cuppa! She asked me to send her apologies for not commenting tonight as she is exhausted but will tomorrow. Thanks Claire for letting me know about the spaniel, I didn't get the alert!
- 2012-04-29 18:49 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, hope you got your cuppa in the end!. I have to say at one stage today my fish pond was in danger of becoming a Tsunami! Denise if you are reading there is another local dog missing HP27 Princes Risboro area. A copper coloured spaniel.
- 2012-04-29 09:00 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi All, just a phone call from Sam this morning to say that due to severe weather she has no electricity or internet. Hopefully she will be back on the planet when the "gods" decide. If you need to contact her urgently she does have her mobile. This is, of course, the wrong type of rain and really can't wait for the proper stuff to start falling!!!!
- 2012-04-28 17:25 reggiemollieros
- Hi Teddy's Mum
Yes am putting on twitter now and will do so again later in the week and will try and catch Jo Page and James Thornton.
- 2012-04-28 17:01 jansus
Thats great news about the PR team.Publicity about this site and the importanc of microchipping is very important . thanks also for your kind comments. I will keep in touch as I have a few fund raising ideas that may or not come to fruition.
- 2012-04-28 13:29 Ellie
- Hi Claire
It was me that left a message on your phone. I don't want to appear as a crank or an alarmist but I think it important not to let out personal details on a forum such as this. Especially regarding Sam and her 'family' and where they came from too. I have very close friends that have had bitter experiences with certain 'members' of 'our community' and it doesn't make for bedtime reading ! We need to bear in mind all the time that it is not just nice animal loving, helpful people like us that comment on here that follow this site all of the time. There are 'others' too that have different reasons to follow it and we need to keep personal details to a minimum if at all. Sorry to worry anyone but we just need to be 'streetwise' !!
- 2012-04-28 10:54 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam a response.
SG RE: Help for a broadcast 2
C Chevin Message flagged Saturday, 28 April 2012, 10:29
Thank you for your recent email regarding Meridia News.
I have forwarded your email onto the news room for their attention. Should you wish to contact them directly, you may do so at email@example.com
May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to contact us here at ITV
If we can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.
ITV Viewer Services
- 2012-04-28 09:45 Claire Weston Turville
- Brilliant news on Amy. I received a tel call from a lady who wished me to take out your surname and where one of your horses originally came from. I have now omitted out as requested. Apologies.
- 2012-04-28 09:35 Revans
- Hi, I have spoken to Sam Earle and she has kindly agreed to apply for Amy on Horses4Homes. This is super news and thank you to all of you who have promoted Amy's cause and helped us try and find her a good home. I notice others said they had called our number 01844 275641 but I had only received one message from Sam so apologies there. It will be a short while before we process Sam's application for Amy but rest assured Horses4Homes is incredibly grateful for your support to help both this lovely pony and her owner of some 10 years who is very poorly and needs peace fo mind that her pony will find a good home. If we have a success story to shout about in the oncoming weeks I will certainly be liaising with Mark from the Bucks Herald to provide him with a follow up story. I hope you manage to find Teddy. Rebecca Evans
- 2012-04-28 08:07 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Jansus,
Any time that you have to support Teddy is graetly appreciated.
As from moday 23rd, Doglost have a PR team which is great!
See my post below. Claire has been seriously got the bit between her teeth as you can see and is really motivating me so feel sure that we will get there soon.
Feel sure that Teddy has been picked up so got to get out of area coverage! I will get you back Little Ted!
I can feel the frustration that you feel being unable to have a dog because you work. Everybody has to work and there are ways of managing a dog with this. There are so many dogs that have been in kennels for a long time that would love to have their forever, loving home with you.
Don't give up! You are very welcome to walk, have one of my dogs for a stop over at weekends - seriously!
They are very well balanced and sociable.
Harry Potter, my black Lab would love it.
Thank you for writing the letters.
- 2012-04-28 07:53 Teddy's Mum
- Hi reggiemollieros,
Thanks for that. Will work on personal email to Clare Balding. Really like her as great horse lady and good presenter. I would be very grateful if you would be kind enough to add "Teddy" to your twitter page and try to reach
Jo Page/james Thornton. Need all the help I can get when it comes to understanding Twitter etc!!
Excellent - Thanks!
- 2012-04-28 07:41 Teddy's Mum
- Morning All!
Spoke to Shereen and Doglost have a PR team as literally from monday this week!! If you go onto Doglost Oxfordshire on facebook, you can see the team. I have posted a message.
Claire doing such a great job though!
My friend Kelly from Dobbins Clobber Tack shop in Stokenchurch is is supporting a Sponsored Ride which starts at Dartwood farm in nettlebed tomorrow. All proceeds go to Oscar which is a charity for children that have brain tumours and spinal injuries.
she has put together some lovely goodie bags for the riders and has put Teddy and Quigley's flyers in them.
The ride is a choice of six or twelve miles so will cover some ground.
What a great idea - thank you kelly for thinking of Little TED. xxx
- 2012-04-28 07:30 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Denise,
Claire is brilliant isn't she! will ring you when I get a chance.
I rang those numbers. Didn't get harebells so need to keep trying them.
Lucky I did ring the Blue Cross down the road, as Teds poster gone so took them another.
Remind me we need to re poster picnic area/Cowleaze if you come over on Monday as Teddy and Quigley's posters down again!!!!
- 2012-04-28 07:25 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Claire,
It would be so good if Rolf Harris.
Simon Cowell next! xx
- 2012-04-28 07:25 reggiemollieros
- Try Clare Balding. firstname.lastname@example.org Paul O Grady never helps with these requests I have seen lots of people try him without success I think he did once on his show but not since. Joanna Page (Gavin & Stacy)and her husband James Thornton (Emmerdale) are on twitter but with twitter they get so many tweets you need to be lucky and try when they are online. @jopage is her twitter address @JamesThornton is his. Apologies if these have been mentioned before. I will put Teddy on my twitter page a bit later when more people are online as better chance of re-tweets. If I see Jo Page and James Thornton are on line I will tweet them too. I hope this helps a little. Clare Balding is on twitter however maybe a personal email from you would have more success. Last edited: 2012-04-28 07:26:42 by reggiemollieros
- 2012-04-28 07:22 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Claire,
Wow! What can I say. Thank you, that is awesome work!
We will get there. As I said to you yesterday, maybe I should stand in front of a train and refuse to move until Central news turn up to hear about "Teddy"!
Either that or streak at the Queens celebrations!
I left two voicemail messages for Amy at the Homes4Horses number but have had no reply, but sure I will.
Got to speak to Marcus again at the Bucks Herald, so will keep you posted on both.
As you saw, spoke to Shereen regarding merchandise.
Shame there isn't any as a pound for a car sticker would probably sell well.
I promise not to let the weather get me down tomorrow Claire! You make me chuckle, bet you are a fantastic mum to your daughters!
Supposed to be dry today but wet , wet wet already! xxx
- 2012-04-27 20:13 Claire Weston Turville
- Now Sam, you are not to get too down, but on Sunday the weather is just going to be s**ty. Don't want you feeling that you are the only one feeling suicidal because we all will be!!!!! Keep smiling less lines on the face than frowningxx
- 2012-04-27 20:09 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam & All, failed miserably with Paul O'Grady & Graham Norton - maybe because I'm female!!!!However, on a lighter note I have messaged Rolf Harris. I met him a few years ago when he was filming at local vet hosp in Aylesbury with my dog at the time. I have asked him if he would assist with getting some form of media coverage for you - no point in beating about the bush! However, the automated message came back and did say he doesn't respond to every message but ... you never know.
- 2012-04-27 20:01 denise
- Claire, you are fantastic, this is great as you have done so much the wording I think is just right, Sam what do you think? This is such a good way to spread the word. Janus, if you want a dog, how about Sam's new addition? You would obviously give a desperate dog a loving home with so many abandoned dogs your home is a better option then a rescue centre even if you do work!
- 2012-04-27 19:16 Claire Weston Turville
- Also emailed to ITV. Now to find agent for Paul O'Grady and Grham Norton as they are both animal softees!
- 2012-04-27 18:53 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, now sent to BBC Berkshire. Again I have left same details to contact you. Last edited: 2012-04-28 09:38:50 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-04-27 18:39 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, automated response back from BBC Oxford as below. Hope they do make contact with you or even me. Now off to find Meridian/BBC South contacts.
Thank you for e-mailing BBC Oxford. Because of the number of e-mails we receive we are unable to reply to all of them, however we shall endeavour to contact you in due course.. You can find more information about BBC Oxford at bbc.co.uk/oxford
Many thanks, BBC Oxford
- 2012-04-27 14:20 Shereen
- Im afraid there isnt any merchandise available for the 20th but you could still have a stand with all the posters displayed...
Thanks for posting Flossy .
Just spoken to Sam and tagged her to our PR team on FB.Xx
- 2012-04-27 13:05 jansus
- Hi Teddys Mum- sorry have not been on here too much as have a very busy time at work. I was sort of hoping that Dogs lost may have a "publicity" person who may be able to help with possible TV broadcasts? It was just a thought really as the microchip thing is quite current. I have sent letters to a few farms and will do a few more at the weekend and will keep a list in case you need it. I have been checking dogs blog for Quigley and Teddy for a while - just in case . But the problem is I really want another dog - and like you I fall in love with them all . But because I work most rescues wont consider me ): Which is frustrating as I dont really want to get a puppy and encourage more breeding.
- 2012-04-27 09:40 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, I promise I will tell you to get a "grip"! Hopefully will come back to you soon with a contact for South today. Also a frther thought on a celebrity doing an appeal I thought of Paul O'Grady. Definate soft touch for animals. Maybe whatever channel he works for might like to do a 5 min slot in eves on missing dogs in different areas will delve a little deeper. xx
- 2012-04-27 08:17 Teddy's Mum
- Hi All!
Thank you for your kindness, support and hard work.
Thank you for being there for Teddy and me.
Very kindest regards......xx
- 2012-04-27 08:14 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Denise,
How is Alfie's eye now?
Thanks for the numbers, it really saves so much time and is good for me to do when I am popping in and out all the time.
Thank you. Speak soon. Sam xx
- 2012-04-27 08:10 Teddy's Mum
- Dear Claire, bless you!
Thank you for support and for being so proactive.
You really are a brick and I will certainly ring you when I feel that "down" feeling. Promise me that you will tell me to pull myself together!!!!
I will ring Homes4Horses in a bit and Marcus from the Bucks Herald.
The local TV news station used to be Meridian, but since the change over, I notice that it is South Today????
It would be great if you could find me a contact.
Will let you know how I get on later.
- 2012-04-26 21:27 denise
- Hi Claire, you have come up with some great ideas It would be good if you could help poor Sam to get a contact for a TV appeal I know she will do it it's finding out all this information that takes time.
- 2012-04-26 21:20 denise
- Hi Sam, sorry not been in contact, thinking of you in this awful weather, you a a softy taking on Amy, I knew you would! I had to dash to the vets with Alfie, his eye went very swollen for some reason, it looked awful. I found some numbers I think you could contact, Blue Cross at Lewknor 01844 355293, Lost Dogs Line at Battersea 0901 477 8477, Chiltern Rescue 01296 623885, Dog Rescue Society 01494 482695, Harebells, 01296 662989 at Long Marsten. I have to go to work but it would be best from you as you can explain every detail. Good luck. If you want a chat ring me tomorrow evening. Xx
- 2012-04-26 19:24 Claire Weston Turville
- Sam, who is your local news station for your area ie Oxford News or Meridian? I can then try to find a contact for you to speak to re interview for Teddy. Or what about Doglost?? speaking to them on all the local dogs that have gone "missing" not sure if they do this, perhaps you can ask Shereen or if Shereen is reading this please can you let me know. I seem to recall in the past (a couple of years ago) that there was a broadcast put out on Oxford news re a batch of missing dogs appealing for the public help.Last edited: 2012-04-26 19:26:53 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-04-26 17:26 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, Here are the telephone numbers I collected after we spoke this morning. Homes4horses 01844 275641 and person to ask for is female called Rebecca. We spoke about putting a piece in the the local "rags" on Teddy. I have spoken to a chap called Marcus and he would be interested in running a story possibly on you and your kindness to all creatures great and small. I have mentioned Teddy's disappearance and of course, an article featuring you expressing an interest in rehoming pony Amy and you would be able to add Teddy in. Circulation would go out far and wide. The Bucks Herald's phone number is 01296 619700 and then ask for Marcus (I have given him your mobile as well.) I was a bit concerned about you this morning and just want to say that even though we have never met if you're "down" pick up the phone to anyone of us we're all here for you. Don't beat yourself up that you feel you are not doing enough to find her because your certainly have been and still continuing to do so - like us all. Remember the positive side of the microchip and dare I say it the frustrating bl***y patience we are expected to find! xx My home number is 01296 613835Last edited: 2012-04-26 17:28:32 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-04-26 09:34 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Denise, Yep Car Rally on 20th. Hope Alfie is feeling a bit better now and getting used to his cart. My mobile is 07887652916. Keep in touch. Regards x
- 2012-04-26 09:31 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, I have tried the website for this horse and got no joy! Have tried to locate the owner via The Bucks Herald, and I have given them your name & mobile contact details and hopefully they will contact the owner and pass on. I agree the weather is enough to bring anyone down but try to remain positive we will all keep looking. I'm sure you will have read/watched the Reunited Lily and the power of the microchip and of course Doglost. Stay strong xx
- 2012-04-26 08:43 Flossy
- Stay positive Sam!
The weather is truly awful and I can totally sympathise with how much hard work it is for you this week! Summer will soon be here!
We will continue to work on the 'dark side' :o)
I will contact you if we receive any news!
- 2012-04-26 08:36 Teddy's Mum
you are obviously a very intelligent person, and come up with some good ideas. I totally agree that the microchipping latest news is a good angle and opportunity for us to get in about Teddy and Quigley and the others.
Any ideas on how to even start going about this?
Where do I start? I am frustrated as you all must be that we talk about it and don't do it. Agh!!!!!
- 2012-04-26 08:27 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Denise,
How is little Alfie? XXX
Thanks for helping at the car rally. We will hit them hard!!!
I have contacted Battersea in London and Windsor but will remind them again.
I visited Windsor and funnily enough, hardly ever get German Shepherd dogs coming in, and when they do, there is a waiting list for them!!!!
For this reason, I am hopeful that Teddy's chip would come into its own and bring her home to me! xx
- 2012-04-26 08:17 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Claire,
Of course I will take poor little Amy.
I am flat out this week with the heavy rain as it creates so much more work!
Are you able to go to the link thing and get a number for me so I can ring the lady? I don't want to leave it too long as the lady needs to be reassured that Amy will have a lovely home with me and be loved to death!!!
Thanks .........Sam xx
- 2012-04-26 08:10 Teddy's Mum
- Hi All,
Sorry to sound so down.
I really found the weather very depressing yesterday as I got wet through several times and went through several coats, waterproofs, boots etc.
Horses were cold and miserable and it upsets me to see them like that as I can't do anything about it!
Told them it is making the grass grow.
Had to hay and feed them so takes up my Teddy time. xxx
- 2012-04-26 08:03 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Flossy,
I am sitting here in floods of tears as I just can't take it anymore. As you say the untruths and horrible events surrounding Percy are just awful!!
I am so so bothered by all this, thin king that Teddy could have been shot. I just don't know where to turn to next.
I didn't reply to your facebook message as I just didn't know what to say! Also, i am so useless with computers that I didn't know how to send it back privately as requested.
I am a very sensitive person which is why I mentioned that in my post. I understand completely how Percy's mum must be feeling. Please give her my love and best regards!
I will get there somehow. Teddy knows that. xx
- 2012-04-26 07:50 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Racheljane,
I am desperate to get TV coverage. Very good idea as he is a doglover. How I get to him, I am not sure but I will try.
Are you going to Badminton Horse Trials or know anyone who is? I am not able to go but can send flyers?
If you would be kind enough to message "Horse of the Year Show" friends on facebook, I would be grateful.
I have limited time to do all the things I would like to do, what with all my horses to do every day.
Teddy needs all the help she can get and I am just sorry that I am not able to set up website things for her like Quigley's mum to get out of area coverage.
I need more time!!!!
- 2012-04-26 07:33 Flossy
- Hi Sam, I gather Shereen did speak to Percy's mum about the TV appeal, and I am sure you have already been informed, I spoke with her on that day and again last night and she has expressed a wish not to be involved. As you have said in your post here, it is far too sensitive an issue to rake over again, if only from the point of view of protecting her son from more heartache as he has found it all particularly difficult to deal with.
I did send you a private message on facebook which you have not replied to and I understand due to the senstive nature of it's contents regarding the circumstances surrounding the shooting of Percy.
It is a shame that so many 'untruths' have circulated regarding these circumstances, it muddies the waters so and is not useful to finding out what has really happened to all of these missing dogs in this area! Police are still investigating the shooting of Percy.
Sorry to Hijak Teddy's page, I wish you every success with your TV appeal and other plans.
I hope this is not removed by the administrators!!
- 2012-04-25 20:35 jansus
- from reading both Teddys and quigleys posts about the Daily Mail and TV. Maybe one angle to get the publicity is on the back of the government intention to have all puppies microchipped. As there has been opposition- dont know quite where from as I am sure most reponsible dog owners would have no problem with this or the return of a dog licence- maybe Dogs lost could highlight some recent cases explaining how important microchipping has been in cases of loss and theft of dogs. If it was compulsory presumably the police would have more powers to check certain areas where theft may be suspected.
- 2012-04-25 20:28 denise
- Hi Claire, yes I am able to help at the Car Rally, let me know the time (is it the 20th May?) and I will hand out flyers for Teddy and Quigley. I so wish I could give poor little Amy a home hopefully Sam knows someone! Sam, I've just read racheljane's comment, have you notified Battersea Dogs Home (think they have a place at Windsor too) or maybe send them a poster to tell them to look out!
- 2012-04-25 19:51 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, do you fancy another pony? Found this in Bucks Herald: Amy, a Dartmoor Mare based in Edgcott would have been slaughtered or forgotten had it not been for her owner providing her with a loving home. A few weeks ago she suffered a heart attack and is now unable to continue caring for Amy as simply walking to the field to see her is a struggle. Amy's owner have asked that whoever takes her on makes a voluntary £125 donation to Horses4Homes. Anyone interested should visit http://hauctions.net/portal/en/horses4homes-details/amy-219. I know I wished I had suitable land and that's knowing nothing about horses!!! If you are not interested you may well know somebody that would take her on. Regards
- 2012-04-25 13:12 Ellie
- Hi Teddys Mum
Do I detect a new little girl in the offing !?!
- 2012-04-25 11:56 racheljane
- Hi Everyone,
Think its a great idea to try and get TV coverage, I was thinking about this a couple of weeks ago. How about trying to contact Simon Cowell, I believe he is a massive dog lover, think he supports battersea Dogs Home!! just a thought he may be able to pull a few strings!! Also it's Badminton Horse Trials next week, which will attract thousands from all over the country, worth a thought, wonder if they would let flyers be placed on cars or handed out? I am also friends with 'Horse of the year show' on facebook, I will message them and ask if they will place a message on their wall about Teddy and Quigley with a link to doglost. again worth a try (they have thousands of friends all over the country)
- 2012-04-25 08:24 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Claire,
Good job! Thanks for speaking to the Committe members. I need to pepare the printing of my flyers in advance it would seem! I am sure that Holly would be happy to come and support Quigley. I will speak to Shereen regarding merchandise.
- 2012-04-25 08:17 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Denise,
I have had the TV appeal in my mind for a couple of months now for out of area coverage. I have already spoken to Holly regarding this. Colin (Pet Detective) told me that it is VERY difficult to get on TV. We really need Jade - Percy's mum to come on board with us on this one to add that extra angle. I will ask Shereen to ask her, i totally understand what a sensitive issue that this would be for her still, from all aspects!!!
- 2012-04-25 08:11 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Ellie,
Totally agree! Need to avoid too regualr visits to Dog Blog as already fallen for Beauty also and cannot understand why someone has not given her her forever home!
- 2012-04-24 19:50 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Denise, in past blogs you indicate you would like to help out re Car Rally. Is your offer still on by any chance?Last edited: 2012-04-24 19:51:25 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-04-24 19:43 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, have now spoken to one of the organisers of Vintage Car Rally. He has a meeting with other committee members on 9 May and will get back to me re a small stand where we can hand out leaflets. I do know that thousands visit this Rally each year and if you are keen to hand out leaflets you might just want to think about how many to get printed! Also would you like to ask Quigley's owners and I will ask Poppy's (Cocker Spaniel) owner. Do you know if Doglost have merchandise to sell and if so do they want to sell on a trade stand?Last edited: 2012-04-24 19:45:50 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-04-24 12:03 denise
- Sam, I think the Doglost regions (the ones that Shereen doesn't do, as you don't want to repeat) need to be alerted, as do RSPCA and Dog Wardens it's just knowing how and where to start! I'll help! On Quigley a couple of people have mentioned a TV appeal, I think this is an excellent idea.
- 2012-04-24 11:42 Ellie
- Hi Teddy's Mum
Could be dangerous you going on dog blog often. You might just end up with 40 dogs too ! :-)
- 2012-04-24 06:34 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Shereen,
Jansus kindly made me aware of Dog Blog and all the lovely dogs needing homes. Does each region of Dglost have a list of these shelters? I could then email them all with a poster of Teddy? Where do I start trying to reach them all? So much to do. Sam xxx
- 2012-04-24 01:05 Shereen
- Sam,Im so glad you saved that dog from the shed.cant believe some people!...it was meant to be.xxx
- 2012-04-23 17:06 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam & All, have just emailed Admin @ doglost to see if there are any London marathon runners interested for next year for raising both awareness and funds for them. Sadly I cannot now but some members of my family might be interested. Anybody else out there? Will catch up with you Sam a bit later on re Chiltern Hills Vintage Car Day. Hoping to see organiser (as I know him) to see if we can have a stand or something there or other ways of handing out leaflets for missing local dogs.
- 2012-04-22 14:19 Teddy's Mum
- Hi All!
Did a couple of hours at the races yesterday.
Turned out to be a better day weatherwise than we thought.
Most people were aware of Quigley anyway, except a few from out of area.
Many were not aware that Teddy was missing, so hopefully improved on that now.
Could have done with longer, but was rushing around all day as it was!
We will get there. xxxx
- 2012-04-22 14:13 Teddy's Mum
- Oh my goodness Ellie, I see what you mean!
"Beauty" is stunning and very much like Ted. The coat colour and markings are the same and she has the same wild eyes. The only difference is Ted has a black muzzle area only as her eye area is creamy beige.
Brilliant work though to you and Jansus - Thanks!
How could anyone give up a beautiful, amazing dog like that!!
- 2012-04-22 13:59 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Jansus!
Thank you SO MUCH for both including a copy of Teddy's poster with your letters and for checking dogs blog.
I saw the video of Amber and sadly it isn't Teddy.
Teddy is much lighter with a specific black saddle area (like on a horse), rather than a large area of their back being black. Does that make sense?
Teddy is also semi long coated with very curly hair and ears.
Amber does look lovely, doesn't pull on her lead either!
I was convinced that it would be Teddy, because I so wanted it to be!!!
Just wish that I could save the world.
Thank you also for making me aware of dogs blog. I shall check it regularly. MANY THANKS!
- 2012-04-22 13:48 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Denise,
Little Simba is not microchipped so I will attend to that next week. Did I hear on the news that it will shortly become compulsory to have dogs microchipped? Thank heavens as long as vets the chip as routine. Should help lost dogs and bring Teddy home one day soon!!! xxx
- 2012-04-22 10:21 Ellie
- Hi Jansus
There is also a German Shepherd Female called Beauty on that site that is very similar !
- 2012-04-21 16:29 jansus
- Hi Teddys Mum
Just to let you know I am doing a few letters to "remote" local farms around watlington for Quigleys mum - and I will include a copy of Teddys poster as well. I know this is a bit of a long shot ( well very long actually!) but I guess you do know that Teddys microchip was working and in position? its just that on dogs blog there is a dog in rescue ( search under Amber) that looks similar and they say she is a lovely friendly dog. Just made me wonder thats all.
- 2012-04-20 14:51 denise
- Just a thought Sam, your new girl, is she microchipped? She maybe someone's lost/stolen pet!
- 2012-04-20 12:02 Ellie
- Hi Teddy's Mum
You're at it again - amazing me with your sheer kindness and thoughtfulness. I'm speechless ! When I was about 7 years old I read Anna Sewell's Black Beauty I cried for about a week and it's haunted me ever since . I wish people like you had been around then ! Jeremy is such a lucky lad and I'm welling up thinking about it ! On a lighter note I have 4 sons that keep bouncing back - Can I off load them onto you please ? Only joking. Bless YOU !!!!
- 2012-04-20 08:54 denise
- You never fail to amaze me, your kindness and love that you give, you truly are such a wonderful person that's why we all so want to find Teddy for you, it's just not fair this has happened. What have you called your new girl? How's she settling in, she's had a lucky escape thanks to you! When you mentioned the newspaper printing Teddy as a male, you should get them to reprint (free as their mistake) she's female as it is vital information if someone picks her up/has her. Maybe see you over the weekend, if not best of luck. xx
- 2012-04-19 22:26 Teddy's Mum
- Dear All!
Just thought that I would mention Jeremy.
Some of you met him at Thame Show. Shereen has also met him. We will always do the sandwich boards together, as we have one each. Once met, never forgotton!
Jerry has learning difficulties (he wouldn't mind me mentioning that, as he is the first to tell people!), and he used to be one of my patients.
His parents passed away several years ago, and he became rather lonely and lost. I took Jerry under my wing and took over the roles of, mother, sister and best friend.
He has a heart of gold and all my animals love him.
He bought all the dogs a Christmas present; of which Teddy's is still wrapped and sitting by the fireplace.
Hers is a money box so that she can save up her pennies to but her mum a mothers day card.
Please say hello to Jeremy when you see him, as he is so willing these dogs to come home as we all are.
- 2012-04-19 21:50 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Holly,
Let us be positive about Quigley and Teddy.
We will keep searching and we will get them back, because our love for them will see us through.
It is Kingston Blount races this weekend so Denise tells me. Are you feeling well enough to go out for a couple of hours? I am always happy to do it as you know but am struggling this weekend, with no one to cover the horses in my abscence. There is quite a few events coming up in May that I/we can do.
I have Quigley and Teddy's poster board, so you just need to slip it over your head. It isn't terribly comfortable though - sorry! I used all of Quigley's flyers at Thame and will get some more of Teddy's done tomorrow.
- 2012-04-19 21:33 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Ellie,
Thank you so very much for your lovely words.
Many people (my husband included), think that I am mad and ridiculous to want to care for so many horses and give myself so much work.
The thing is that I haven't been lucky enough to have children and my dogs, horses, ponies are exactly that.
I also feel that it is important to give something back in life. It doesn't matter what you do as long as you do it.
Far better equipped to do this with something that I am passionate about.
Your lovely words left me with a smile on my face all day and kept me going through the many, heavy showers!
- 2012-04-19 21:20 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Claire,
Thanks for that!
Refreshment stop would be spot on. Now you really are spoiling me!!
Looking forward to that already. Sam xx
- 2012-04-19 21:17 Teddy's Mum
- Never as gorgeous as my Little Ted though!
Teddy is a one off. Holly and I will never stop searching for our beloved angels - Quigley and Teddy.
We love you both so much. xxx
- 2012-04-19 21:12 Teddy's Mum
- Dear Denise,
I absolutely know for sure that you would have taken her home also. She is gorgeous and I need to work with her and reassure her that humans can be trusted.
I was worried that she would become a breeding bitch also, so double the reason to bring her to a happy, loving place.
Was going to ring tonight but ran out of time. Will catch up soon. Love to Jo and Alfie also. xxx
- 2012-04-19 11:11 Quigley's Mum and Dad
- Hi Sam,
I'm so happy you rehomed that poor dog. So sad. Makes me even sadder not knowing where Quigley is these days. I try not to let my mind go to places like that. I hope and pray that if he and Teddy are with other people that they are being treated like the true prince and princess that they are.
Is the Kingston Blount Point to Point this Saturday? If so, I would be happy to do sandwich board/flyer duty.
We weren't up last weekend as I was sick with a chest infection so I'm not sure when it is.
Let me know.
- 2012-04-19 09:53 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, WELL DONE THAT GIRL for rehoming her. She will reward you for your kindness. Would love to meet up with you on 20th May and as I only live a short distance from the field my house can be used as a refreshment stop.
- 2012-04-19 09:25 Ellie
- Hi Teddy's Mum
The more I read about you the more astonished I am. You really sound like an AMAZING lady ! I love to read and hear stories like yours. It restores my faith in human nature when times like we live in now make for such depressing reading. God Bless You !
- 2012-04-19 08:50 denise
- Dear Sam, I would of done the same thing, you couldn't of left that poor little girl and it's great she has a good home lined up, so you definately did the right thing no question.Can these people, whoever they are, be prosecuted for bad treatment?God why do people do this, I just don't understand.Claire's idea is good and the Point to Point this Saturday another good way to make people aware, we are all willing her home, don't despair.xx
- 2012-04-18 22:10 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Ellie,
Thank you for those kind words.
Winters are VERY long and hard. Today, Fozzie, Buzz and i got very wet!
Still feeding as not enough grass coming through yet. x
- 2012-04-18 22:06 Teddy's Mum
- Dear All!
Had to share this with you.
I have been receiving Gumtree and Freeads alerts for German Shepherds for sale, as suggested by someone. There is a large price on their heads, even for older adult dogs.
To cut a long story short, I went to Essex yesterday to see a bitch which looked very much like Teddy from the photos supplied.
She wasn't Teddy - sadly, but at least I checked.
The little bitch was kept in a shed and was very nervous and fearfull of all around her. She wasn't wanted and not in a good place.
I paid the guy and brought her home with me.
I couldn't leave her. Hope that you all agree that i did the right thing?
When "Teddy" comes home, Jeremy is very keen to take this little girl home for a forever home.
I really love dogs, when you are feeling sad and low, they never try to find out why! xxx
- 2012-04-18 21:48 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Claire,
That sounds like a good idea as like you say, is out of area as well as local.
That will interest my sandwich assistant Jeremy also (being cars) which is good, as easier with two of us.
Could get to meet you Claire as well!
keep me posted on that Claire. Thanks! xxx
- 2012-04-18 21:37 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Denise,
So good to see you both and for picking up more posters.
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE ALFIE! Jo was gorgeous too of course, but you could almost eat Alfie, he is so yummy!!!!
Like you say, we are all getting desperate for sightings now, although i think that many think that Teddy has been picked up and it is a matter of time before she will come back???? xxxx
- 2012-04-18 21:37 Ellie
- Good Heavens Teddy's mum ! There's only one word to describe you and it certainly isn't mad ! SAINT !
- 2012-04-18 21:31 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Racheljane,
Yes i was pleased that Ginny patterson gave me an honest reply. She genuinely cared also.
There is nothing worse than people who are preying on our vulnerability at this emotional time. By that, I mean obscure newspapers who are desperate to fill space and haven't even got the sense to read the advert carefully enough to see that "Teddy" is a girl/bitch!!!
Hopefully you can't be as mad as me as I have 40 horses/ponies of which many were unwanted/loved also.
Good for you for taking and loving them.
Never mind that you don't live near; it matters that you check Teddy's page and are there to support us in spirit! xx
- 2012-04-18 20:11 denise
- Claire, Really good idea, I can help. Doglost should set up a stall (here and other local events) to put the word out about these missing dogs. Everyone is getting really desperate as time is passing and no sightings.
- 2012-04-18 19:04 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, there is a Vintage Car Rally at Weston Turville nr Rugby Club on 20 May. Could be a good place to display sandwich board. Lots of people go there and travel from far distances as well as "local". I don't think there is an entrance fee. As another thought Doglost could put on a stand with various piccies of missing dogs possibly local to this area.eg Poppy,Quigley, Cutler, Monty along with Teddy could be an idea.Last edited: 2012-04-18 19:07:55 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-04-16 20:10 denise
- It was nice to see you wish it was under nicer circumstances, seeing the spot where Teddy went from just doesn't make sense. Have you (I expect you have) notified all local people to look in barns, stables etc (noticed shepherd huts in a field - these too!) These were no cars in Cowleaze car park when I passed but I will go Sunday and put on windscreens and help you in the area you want to target again. My daughter would love to ride your beautiful horses (her dream) you are just amazing with your animals. Speak to you soon. xx
- 2012-04-15 21:03 racheljane
- Hi Sam, so glad Ginny Patterson gave you an honest reply, you really deserve to get some good news soon. Good on you too for having a Spindles Farm boy, you sound like me, I have 2 horses and 6 ponies, 3 of which were unloved and unwanted. I check Teddy's page everyday and pray you will get her back. Just wish I was closer to help with the search for Teddy and Quigley but you look like you have the support from some fab people, take care Rachel Xxx. Oops don't know if I have just clicked to report your last comment by mistake, the screen on my phone jumped, sorry if i have xxLast edited: 2012-04-15 21:09:52 by racheljane
- 2012-04-15 14:46 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Denise,
Yes, of course! It would be great to see you both!
I can introduce you both to my all my beautiful horses and ponies, including the ex Spindles Farm boy!!!
I don't have any waterproof posters, but have plenty of plastic sleeves that I am using. They work ok and the ink doesn't seem to run when it rains.
Look forward to seeing you both.
- 2012-04-15 09:15 denise
- Dear Sam, you say such lovely words. I feel a bit better today, the sun is shining! Hope you feel a bit more positive, I agree with Claire it is just a matter of time. I hope Claire, you dog has got over the ear ache! Sam, would it be ok if I come over tomorrow (Monday) with my daughter and dogs, at about 2? We can go and poster areas, do you have some waterproof ones? xx
- 2012-04-14 19:52 Teddy's Mum
- Dear Claire,
Thank you for those kind words. You are absolutely right.
You made me laugh at your last comment. Poor chap!
Thought for the weekend:-
Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.
LOL Claire x
- 2012-04-14 19:46 Teddy's Mum
- Dear Denise,
Just keep on loving and caring for little Alfie.
It was so distressing to hear about poor little Max.
Our thoughts are with his poor owners, who must be distraught. If you or Claire see them, please pass on our sincerest condolences.
I think that you know them or have i got that wrong?
That horrible cold that is going around hasn't helped you or I feel on top form.
Snuggle up to Alfie and get well soon.
All my love and hugs........sam xx
- 2012-04-14 19:21 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, as always whilst driving or walking still on the look-out for all these missing dogs. If out walking I always stop and ask other walkers of any sightings etc. We all get a bit down and despondent when we feel we have not a lot to go on. If somebody has taken your dog in then I always feel it is a matter of time before it is traced through microchip. But until that time comes we will all try to remain positive. I always keep an eye on our travelling community site here at Weston Turville and I have a good contact up there who keeps me informed of any new dogs. Keep your chin up. We all get very emotional with pets - ask my husband at 0300 hrs this morning mine dog was howling with an ear ache - now we've all got one!!!! Keep smiling xxLast edited: 2012-04-14 19:23:55 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-04-14 14:25 denise
- Sam,So sorry not been of much help this week. I have felt so low and emotional about my little Alfie, Teddy, Quigley and poor Max. It is so hard to know what and where to go. I stopped a man in Longwick today and gave a poster to him as he had a german shepherd (does Teddy have a black band across the middle of her tail?) I will give you a ring soon, try to keep positive.xx
- 2012-04-14 09:26 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Liz,
Thank you so much for the reassurance, I do need it!!!
Will post Teddy's new poster on that you so kindly helped me with. Also handed out smaller leaflets of this at Thame.
There has been a lot going on behind the scenes this week, which Shereen is aware of and I feel at the bottom end of the emotional rollercoaster today.
Thank you Liz and all for being there.
I will certainly do Tetsworth on the 27th.
- 2012-04-14 09:19 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Claire,
Thank you so much as always. keep your eyes peeled is all I can suggest.
Feeling low today as just don't know what/where to go next as there have been no sightings of Teddy. xx
- 2012-04-13 21:24 Liz
- Next date for tetsworth is the 27th may i believe. then i believe it is every other sunday, sometimes every sunday. I've been looking for a trader that travels around all the car boots on a regular basis to see if they would be kind enough to have a noticeboard up behind their stalls bringing attention to dogs in the area tha ave been missing for a while. Sam - I have also been speaking to Jackie Murdoch - she is the co-ordinator for Dogwatch Alerts for TVP. She has reassurred me that the Oxon and Bucks traveller liaison officers are 'well on board' with Doglost and are continually on the look out for 'new dogs' appearing on their sites. She was obviously aware of Teddy and said that she works with Shereen.Hope that reassures you somewhat.I'm looking into a few other things as well, will post if I find anything interesting..
- 2012-04-12 19:00 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, been out and about to Bishopstone, Marsh, Upton Eythrope Dinton, Stone, Ford, Haddenham. Sorry nothing to report. Sadly Max was found today and not the outcome that we all hope for. I spoke to Tim and he said Max had apparently drowned in someones swim pool not far from home. Very sad.
- 2012-04-12 13:09 Teddy's Mum
- Thanks All.
Denise, you couldn't possibly have come over!
There is always next week or the week after.
Just shower little Alfie with love and affection and reassure him that he truly is your beautiful boy and best friend.
If you would like me to come over to you, then let me know.
Lots of Love to you all, especially Alfie.
Sam and Teddy xxxxx
- 2012-04-12 12:27 jansus
- I will let you know when Tetsworth is on as they always put up posters near my house . Usually quite a lot of dog walkers there as well and it is a big boot sale - I think it costs about £8.00 to have a table .
- 2012-04-12 08:35 denise
- Hi Sam, Alfie doing ok it is just so horrible to see that he has no use of his back legs now, we are trying a little cart but he hasn't taken to it yet. Sorry I didn't get to come over but I will soon I will be in touch to arrange a day.
- 2012-04-11 22:33 Quigley's Mum and Dad
- Hi Sam,
Thanks for today. I hope it was helpful for you too. You can totally keep my poster. But, please know that I am happy to wear the sandwich board next time around. And, I'll bring little Chilli Pepper with me. He is pretty cute and would hopefully garner some interest. Let me know when and where!
I can't help but see this message to Denise. Is everything okay, Denise?
HollyLast edited: 2012-04-11 22:36:24 by Quigley's Mum and Dad
- 2012-04-11 21:50 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Denise,
How is little Alfie?
All my love and thoughts are with you both.
Paws crossed.........Sam and Teddy xxx
- 2012-04-11 21:50 Claire Weston Turville
- Our messages have crossed at the same time! Spooky must be a good omen though to getting dogs back home!
- 2012-04-11 21:47 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Shereen,
It was so good to meet up with you and your lovely boys today for a Teddy update.
They were so patient!!
Re: jansus's comment, do doglost have any merchandise?
I would be happy to have a stall at a car boot for Doglost. would be sensible to make myself useful whils't wearing sandwich boards.
Speak soon. xx
- 2012-04-11 21:47 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, not sure about date for Tetsworth but will ask around. Jansus mentioned May Day Festival at Chalgrove could be good one to attend. Jansus also said about Doglost having a Charity stall at some of these events. What a good idea for funding as well Doglost. I don't know any of the coordinators to suggest this to but hopefully they will read and consider. Will put thinking cap on for some more venues with sandwich board or at least posters leaflets etcLast edited: 2012-04-11 21:48:56 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-04-11 21:41 Teddy's Mum
- Hi jansus,
We most certainly do have some wonderful helpers who have helped and inspired me in particular.
I have said before that without the support of you all,
I may not have had the strength to remain as positive and motivated as I am.
I cannot describe the feelings of sadness, grief, distress, confusion and bewilderment that course through my head in one day and night.
I am so very grateful and humbled by the kindness and support of you all.
Thanks............Sam and Teddy xxxx
- 2012-04-11 21:33 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Claire,
Yep! Great idea again. When is the next one at Tetsworth, because that is quite big.
I will definately wear them out searching and as much as I can, even though it was not the most comfortable of items!!!
Will do anything for our beloved dogs.
- 2012-04-11 16:58 jansus
- I am really in awe of all the brilliant help and Ideas that are forthcoming for Teddys mum and Quigleys mum. You both do have some wonderful people helping you. There is a May day Festival at Chalgrove - and quite a few Watlington people do attend that. I was wondering if Dogslost do ever sell fund raising products such as mugs etc at these kind of functions. If you had a stall with posters as well it might attract attention?
- 2012-04-10 09:38 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, now that you have that wonderful sandwich board made up why not think about using it at local car boots and sometimes people take their dogs out to them as well!
- 2012-04-09 23:28 Teddy's Mum
- LOVE YOU LITTLE TED.
FEEL SURE THAT I WILL FIND YOU.
- 2012-04-09 23:27 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Claire!
Hope that you had a great Easter visiting your daughter.
It was a fantastic idea going out with the sandwich boards and worked well!!!!
Looking for my next assignment, so it give it some thought.
Like you say, the dogs probably stayed under cover today, being supremely intelligent and smart.
Only I was silly enough to be out all day.
- 2012-04-09 23:19 Teddy's Mum
- I mean't to say:-
Persecution, neglect and abuse.
Hey Ho, feeling weary!!!
When is our next operation Teddy outing?
Any significant shows etc coming up?
- 2012-04-09 23:11 Teddy's Mum
- I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE THAT WE MET AT THAME SHOW. THANK YOU FOR LISTENING, FOR YOUR COMPASSION, AND FOR CARING.
The Kindness and interest we received has warmed my heart. I couldn't do this without all you lovely people
to support me.
I am also aware that there are a lot of you unsung hero's out there! Thank you.
Thame Show went very well. Jeremy and I wore our sandwich boards all day, and I noticed that everyone read them , as they couldn't miss us.
children commented on the missing dogs as did people.
Several stall holders approached me and asked for leaflets to put out. One lovely saddler from the south west who wanted to put a leaflet out with each sale.
Lovely Sylvia who took a pile and said she would keep a look out and ring me, as she would be attending country shows up and down the country with her stall.
She knew of a chap who had gone to a show and found his missing dog after two years.
If Teddy is out of the area, then this is helpful.
lots of people had stories to tell of dogs that had gone missing and had re-surfaced after several years.
either that, or owners had found their dogs run over, or drowned in lakes, ponds, or a ditch.
It certainly goes to show that we are a nation of dog lovers from the responses we got.
SO WHY THEN, ARE SO MANY ANIMALS IN THIS COUNTRY SUFFERING FROM PERSECUTION, NEGLECT AND POVERTY????
Covered the dog classes and got missing dogs details read out over the tanoy several times.
Handed out all of Teddy and Quiqleys leaflets.
To end on a lighter note, I met two absolutey delightful young ladies by the name of Sophie and Maddie, who live in Haddenham.
They have already created a new poster for Teddy and rushed out to post her poster around Haddenham.
It is heart warming and refreshing to see the enthusiasm and creativity of young people today.
They are both amazing.
Thank you Girls. LOL Sam xx
- 2012-04-09 22:32 Teddy's Mum
- Hi LindaT,
Had a weary and emotional couple of days.
It was good to meet you and your friend also.
I am glad that Jeremy and I caught attention, we must have looked a rare sight!
Just needed an extra sandwich body for Cutler, and now Max, and also poor Poppy has been missing since last summer.
On a mission now. You are absolutely right Linda, I will keep the faith and thank you for looking for Teddy also.
Sam, Jeremy, Fozzie, Buzzie xx
- 2012-04-09 22:21 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Shereen!
Not sure that I was noticed, but "Mr fozzie Bear" certainly made an impression, due to his size!!!
I think he sang his way around Thame Show, as only Shepherds can do!!!!
He was grumpy and got rather tired.
Sad thing is, his little sister "Buzz Lightyear", Jack Russell Terrier was an absolute angel, didn't bark, growl, just loved evrybody and everything.
Nobody has mentioned her!!! Bless her.
They were both superstars and we couldn't have done it without them.
Got loads to talk to you about and catch up on, so will ring this week.
Take Care...............Sam xxx
- 2012-04-09 22:08 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Denise!
Thank you again for Saturday.
Just had a long catch up session with you on the phone, and will look forward to seeing you on Wednesday.
Feeling for you and your little Westie. Let's hope that he slipped on the wet ground and the Rimadyl will help him. Call me if you need a friend. LOL xxxx
- 2012-04-09 19:14 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, glad you did the sandwich board lets hope it has proved useful and gets some more useful info or even a sighting - wouldn't that be wonderful. However, once I've got the "larder" full tomorrow and I shall go out and about the "local" area looking for Teddy, Quigley, Max & Cutler. Did go out around Bishopstone, Marsh locality but never saw any dogs at all. They probably have had more sense and stayed somewhere in the dry!
- 2012-04-09 07:24 Quigley's Mum and Dad
- Hi Sam, Great to meet u over the weekend. Thank you a million times over for including Quigs on your sandwich board. Fingers crossed. We didn't find anything to speak of during our searching this weekend. So, the hunt for Quigs is still on.
- 2012-04-08 21:24 LindaT
- Good to meet you 2day at Thame, Sam, and Fozzie Bear and friend who kindly put some more of Quigleys flyers in Fozzie`s pannier boxes for me :-) Just to reiterate, Sam, the animal I saw yesterday at the old cement works lakes on Friday evening was definately a dog-fox, when it got up and moved I could see it clearly, but it did make me wonder at first!
Seeing the two of you with the sandwich boards at the show with Fozzie was certainly attention grabbing, hopefully you spread the word...and hope something may come of it for the lost dogs in the area. You`re doing a brilliant job...keep the faith, I know you will LindaT helper
- 2012-04-08 18:08 denise
- Shereen, That's ok, I just want to help so much and get these dogs back to their lovely owners. Sam, was thinking of you today, hope it went ok. Is it on tomorrow? Do you need help? Let me know. xx
- 2012-04-07 18:52 Shereen
- Denise...Thank you so much for all of your help with these lovely doggies and owners,you have been amazing.XXX
- 2012-04-07 18:50 Shereen
- Good luck tomorrow Sam...who could resist you and Fozzy Bear!!!! hope it brings you some news.XXX call me when you get time ,id be very interested to hear about what these rumours are and what you have heard..XXX
- 2012-04-07 17:49 Jayne - Head Office
- tx ladies...
- 2012-04-07 16:38 denise
- I gave out all the flyers but there were so many people there I didn't manage to even do half! Lots of people said to re visit all the travellers sites and mention the reward money. One lady said her friends dog was mising for 2 years and turned up at a vets and was scanned and they were reunited!
Good luck tomorrow and it was so nice to meet you, you have a heart of gold. xx
- 2012-04-07 11:02 Teddy's Mum
- It was a pleasure to meet holly and Jeff also, when I picked up Quigley's poster.
We will all get through this and get our beloved dogs home.
Got Mr Fozzie Bear's leather harness out to clean ready for tomorrow. It has two boxes on the side, ready for the leaflets.
If people don't notice me, then I defy anyone not to notice the gorgeous boy with his leaflets and posters!!!
WE WILL DO OUR BEST. xxx
- 2012-04-07 10:56 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Denise!
It was a pleasure to meet you yesterday and thank you for putting Ted's flyers at the races along with quigley's.
You are such a lovely person and you cheered me up!
- 2012-04-07 10:54 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Liz,
I had no come back or support from the police/traveller liaison officers.
Will pester them again next week.
Have a Happy Easter. xx
- 2012-04-07 10:51 Teddy's Mum
- Good point ladies! I don't always think rationally at the moment! Just a distraught mum!
We are all doing everything we can - THANKS! x
- 2012-04-06 11:11 Ellie
- Hi Teddy's Mum
I'm not saying that the rumour of someone killing things isn't true, but would just like to say that some years ago in my village the rumour suddenly went round that a certain chap had died. A lady I know went round to see his wife to offer her condolences and the chap in question opened the door ! Needless to say the lady was somewhat shocked and speechless ! So yes, these country people are sometimes wrong !! :)
- 2012-04-06 10:40 Liz
- Another angle.... I've noticed from Dogwatch alerts sus vehicles and missing dogs that Slough/Wokingham and Chalfont St Peter are a few areas where stolen dogs turn up with travellers. Did you have any co-operation from the police traveller liaison officers and council gypsy officers? Also thinking of common places people go where dogs might change hands.. pubs and fish and chips shops for eg..Maybe a few flyers in that direction..it's a struggle to think of somewhere you haven't covered.... re your investigation.....please be careful and careful who you approach...if you are in doubt speak to the police - worried that you might put yourself in danger - if a person can do that (and poor Percy has been in the back of mind for a while) you don't know what this person is capable of...Take Care xx P.S Kitchen gone OK. Bathroom next - bit scary just how many cracks need polyfilling (just like its owner!;)) don't go to Thame Show anymore but should be a good turnout - all the best!
- 2012-04-05 22:30 Teddy's Mum
- I cannot really go into detail as have no evidence only what people have told me, but need to investigate a certain person in the area who is killing things unecessarily. Surely, not all these honest country people can be wrong!?!
- 2012-04-05 22:09 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Liz,
Thank you so much for helping me with the text for Teddy's new flyer. I am very pleased with the result.
I will send it through to the Doglost Head Office as a new poster and angle!!
Are you going to Thame Show? Please say hello, if not
Happy Easter to All.
Enjoy your break. Thinking of you and thanks!!!
Sam and Teddy xxx
- 2012-04-05 21:48 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Holly!
Good to speak to you earlier. It will be a pleasure to take Quigley's poster with Teddy's. I just want to help them all and will do whatever it takes to keep on going until any one/all of them are home safe.
Hope that your meeting was informative and positive news Holly?
Take Care and I will see Jeff tomorrow.
- 2012-04-05 21:41 Teddy's Mum
- Evening Denise! So very good to have a chat with you earlier and I will see you tomorrow with "Teddy's" new flyers.
- 2012-04-05 21:38 Teddy's Mum
- Dear Claire,
I take back what I said about your aching legs!!!!!!
My good friend Mel and your ex neighbour told me yesterday that you are a keen walker and runner!!!!
A very fit lady by all accounts!!!
Thank you again Claire and wishing you and your family a VERY HAPPY EASTER. xx
- 2012-04-05 18:13 denise
- Hi Sam, ring me when you can (I tried earlier) to give me flyers for Saturday. If you are going to be at Thame, I could meet you lunch time somewhere near there as Kimble starts around 1.00. A friend suggested a message over the loud speakers at the shows for people who didn't get a flyer. Speak to you later.
- 2012-04-05 11:29 Quigley's Mum and Dad
- Hi Sam,
Would love to take you up on your offer to promote Quigs at the Thame Show. Let me know if you are still able and I'll get stuff to you. I really appreciate it and look to be able to return the favour over the coming weeks. Best, Holly
- 2012-04-04 18:56 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, so very pleased that this lady was totally honest with you. I know of a few that are just simply interested in taking your hard earned dosh and working on your emotions!
I have been out and about in the local area this afternoon but still no sightings of any of the missing dogs only of ones on leads with an owner attached. Good luck this weekend and I will look on your page as soon as I get home for some good news.Last edited: 2012-04-04 18:57:56 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-04-04 08:55 Teddy's Mum
- Hi RachelJane and all!
Just to let you know that I have received a warm and heartfelt message from Ginny Patterson, the horse whisperer/animal communicator.
She says that she doesn't work with missing animals (like the other communicator I contaced), due to the actual possibility of locating them is very low.
It only causes more distress for the animal guardians.
She advised me to take care as although I could find someone to help, they may only build my hopes and not provide real evidence.
I am grateful for her honest and caring response.
- 2012-04-04 08:47 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Denise,
Thank you so much for that. I will be at Thame Show so can't do Kimble.
I think my friend is going, so will ask her to put some out also.
I will ring you to arrange a drop off point for some more flyers. I am just in the process of doing a new flyer for this weekend.
I WILL NEVER GIVE UP LOOKING FOR MY BEAUTIFUL GIRL - TEDDY. Love you with all my heart LITTLE TED!xxx
- 2012-04-04 08:41 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Claire,
Very kind of you, your poor legs!!
It is very distressing that the posters get taken down, I almost take it quite personally, which I know I mustn't.
As you say, the most important thing is that you and Denise put the posters up which were not there previously, so have obviously raised awareness. X
I really wish you a well deserved Easter breaks with your family. Thanks to your husband also.
- 2012-04-03 18:18 Jayne - Head Office
- Tx Claire...thats so kind of you and your husband...
- 2012-04-03 18:08 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, my husband I have walked the entire Aylesbury Ring today and I'm now a good 12 inches shorter tham when I got up this morning. So so sorry but never saw any dogs at all today on our walk. Lets hope that something positive comes out of new ad etc. I noticed that in Butlers Cross most of the posters be it Quigley/Teddy & Cutler have now been taken down! However we did target the houses and I guess if any of the dogs were there or spotted somebody would have phoned by now.
- 2012-04-03 16:42 denise
- Hi Sam I will definately be giving out flyers about Teddy and will keep my eyes peeled for any dog like her and Quigley. I may need some more flyers and if anyone can help as there are a lot of people that go there, that would be good! Fingers crossed for sightings this weekend.
- 2012-04-03 16:11 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Alison,
Hope that you are feeling better.
- 2012-04-03 16:11 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Alison,
Hope that you are feeling better.
- 2012-04-03 16:10 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Liz, good to hear from you. How is the kitchen going?
I think that it would be a very good idea and will look into this.
I have been sitting here trying to think of the words to put on some copy, and you have just come up with them.
Perfect - thanks Liz.
I think that she may well have been picked up, as there has been no positive sightings recently.
She is VERY FRIENDLY and would happily have jumped into someone's vehicle or run up to someone wagging her tail.
Please keep the good ideas coming everyone.
- 2012-04-03 15:45 Liz
- Following on from Claire's train of thought - think it would be a good idea to put a picture and ad in a national newspaper, if she has been taken, she could have been sold on and could be anywhere..... something along the lines of 'have you been given/bought/looking after a dog like this in good faith over the last 3 1/2 months - much loved family pet - she is microchipped - if you think you have any info or suspect a dog is her - please take her to the nearest vets where they can scan for her chip - no questions asked - reward for safe return' you have to prepare yourself for dodgy replies and keep a clear head but an option.x
- 2012-04-02 22:37 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Claire! You are a real trooper and a lovely lady.
Where are you all hiding?
Thank you! Love and hugs.......Sam xx
- 2012-04-02 17:36 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, have done a lot of slow driving around today. Started at Stoke Mandeville, back roads thro' to Marsh, Owlswick, Ford, Haddenham, back again and down to Bishopstone and then onto Terrick. Sadly nothing to report on any of the missing dogs. Bob and I are walking tomorrow from Wendover, up to Ellesborough, Butlers Cross, Cadsden and Hampden and back down to Wendover (if I make it!!!). Obviously we will keep an eye out for any of the dogs. There is now a missing Black Lab from HP17 area called Max which we will keep an eye out for as well.Last edited: 2012-04-02 17:37:43 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-04-01 22:56 Shereen
- Im ok thanks,feel free to call me Sam.X
- 2012-04-01 15:03 Teddy's Mum
- Gosh, thanks Shereen! I wish I had spotted that before now. How are you? Not heard from you for a while.
- 2012-04-01 12:26 Shereen
- Hi Sam...the message on Quigleys page just to help out if Holly doesnt get time,if you look on the right hand side of this page there is a little green advert 'Find Any Vet UK' click on the link and follow the instructions,i.e postcode etc...will give you all the vets you need.X
- 2012-04-01 09:58 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Denise,
Just been on Quigley's page to leavea message for Holly, and saw that you are covering the races.
Would you be kind enough to put some leaflets out for Teddy also?
- 2012-04-01 09:55 Teddy's Mum
- That is a thought Claire. I will have a think about it
and spaek to Kenny xx
- 2012-04-01 09:47 Claire Weston Turville
- As a further thought your future posters/sandwich board perhaps could say something like "has your neighbour suddenly got a new dog like Teddy? All calls treated in strictest confidence". Similar wording could be used for Quigley.
- 2012-04-01 09:42 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Denise, Claire, All!
Please just continue with the wonderful work that you are doing in searching for Teddy, Quigley, Cutler and the others. I just can't think of a specific area ladies. It is really upsetting that the posters gat taken down as it is so time consuming putting them up.
Thank you for looking this week Claire. I hope that you have a super weekend visiting your daughter, but I will catch up with you before then.
Thanks for the contact number Annie. Best to check before I order the boards, although I don't see that it makes any difference what I choose to wear on my person!
Need to catch up with you so give me a buzz or I will hopefully see you this week?
Thank you for your kind words Denise. Hopefully, you are going to Thame Show and we can meet! You won't miss me!!!!
I sopke to Holly/Quigleys mum and offered to share Teddy's sandwich board with Quigley as they don't think that they will be able to get down.
We so need to be working together on this to try and get these gorgeous dogs home.
- 2012-03-31 18:52 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, sorry I am unable to cover anything this Easter weekend as I am away visiting daughter up North (subject to petrol stations having the liquid gold stuff!). Will be out and about though this week up until Thur having a lookaround for Teddy, Quigley & Cutler probably up in the woods at Butlers Cross & Hampden area. Good Luck for this coming weekend and I just want to see the 3 dogs in the blue - not a lot to ask for really if only they would stand still or at least sit for a little while so we folks on 2 legs can catch up! xx
- 2012-03-31 14:23 Annie
- Hi Sam, The organisers for the Thame show appear to be Living Heritage Craft Shows Ltd., PO Box 36, Uttoxeter, Staffs, ST14 8PY Tel: +44(0)1283 820548
Hope that helps. Fingers crossed, as always!
- 2012-03-31 11:02 denise
- Hi Sam, Is there anywhere you want me to cover today? I feel so sad for you just wish there could be a sighitng so there is something to go on. The Thame Show and Point to Point would be good to raise awareness and to team up with Quigley as well and I would be willing to help in anyway, just let me know.
- 2012-03-31 09:05 Teddy's Mum
- A sandwich board it will be Claire. I would dress up in a monkey outfit if it would help to raise awareness of Teddy!!!!
Been out a lot this week around this area (Christmas Common/Watlington Hill/Cowlease?Greenfield) as people are continually removing the posters!!!!
I am just going to ring Holly so we can join forces at Thame Show.
- 2012-03-31 09:00 Teddy's Mum
- Morning All!
Doglost and its volunteers do indeed do a sterling job.
Not only that, to know that you are all behind when my heart is breaking every minute of every day, with the terrible pain of not knowing where my beautiful girl is, really helps me to remain as positive as I can and keep going.
Thanks. Sam xxxx
- 2012-03-31 08:57 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Racheljane, yes they do have stalls at least the Thame Show does but have no idea who you contact. If anybody is out Thame way or near any of the boards that are displaying the show please can you let doglost know and they may be able to put a stall up. This also applies to advert for Point to Point at Kimble next weekend.
- 2012-03-30 21:38 racheljane
- I don't know what Thame show is like but does it have stalls, if so could doglost have a stall to raise awareness and advertise the dogs lost in that area. This doesn't just apply to Thame thought there are loads of county shows up and down the country all of which have charity type stalls to raise awareness,doglost and its volunteers do a sterling job xx
- 2012-03-30 10:07 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, sorry I don't know of any of the organisers. If it were me I would just simply stand there wearing a "sandwich board" by the entrance! Its a thought. Also there is the Point to Point at Kimble coming up as well, I think next weekend. Another good place to target. I suppose you could always put a flyer on the cars in the car parks as well. You could get told off but hey desparate times calls for desparate measures!!! what about linking up with Quigley's mum & dad for "sandwich" boards?Last edited: 2012-03-30 10:11:06 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-03-30 08:51 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Claire, yes good idea! I had been thinking about Thame Show and how best to play it. There are lots of dog classes also, so how do think best to target those people? Probably need to contact the organisers in order to place a huge poster outside the gate? Does anyone know or have any contacts? One can't seem to do anything these days without upsetting somebody!!!
The Forestry Commission came back to me to confirm that posters on trees are a no, due to chainsaws!!!!
Kenny (my husband) scoffed at this as he is a Forestry Consultant and uses a chainsaw all day. Hey ho!!!!
Tried to put my posters up in carefully chosen places yesterday, so as not to offend anyone.
Maybe we should all join forces on the Thame Show front, as in all the missing dogs - better than individually?
- 2012-03-29 20:17 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, desparate for another sighting. As I just put on Quigley's page, the Thame Show is coming up and it could be a good idea to have someone hand out leaflets/posters somewhere near the entrance. This show always attracts a huge amount of people. If that is impossible how about a HUGE poster to be displayed by entrance so that people will fail not to see it as a further thought.
- 2012-03-29 12:20 Teddy's Mum
- Morning Denise and Claire and all!
I am just going to do three hours around Greenfield/Cowleaze again. I am at a loss like you to know where to target. We can all just do what we are doing and hope and pray that we are helping and closing in on any of these poor, lost, beloved dogs.
Very sad this week as i feel that she is slipping away!!!
Left a message for ginny patterson and will try other animal communicators until i get a response.
Love and hugs...........Samxx
- 2012-03-27 19:25 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, sorry nothing to report at Butlers Cross way. I am not around on Wed but will be again on Thursday and will be out and about looking for Teddy & Quigley and any of the others.Last edited: 2012-03-27 19:26:14 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-03-27 18:40 denise
- Hi Sam, I am so sorry at the moment I am busy but as soon as I can I will be out spreading the word but where is best to cover and also she could of gone the other direction, have you covered those areas? Now the weather is better hopefully people are out and about. Fingers crossed for a sighting.
- 2012-03-26 12:25 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Claire! Hope that you had good weekend.
Don't forgtet your suntan lotion. Doing great - thanks!!!! xxx
- 2012-03-26 12:21 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Denise, manged to cover the areas i wanted - in the start again process. just feel that I have to do it, although the Lee Road, Butlers cross areas by you and girl sound really positive. If you and Claire could keep checking there, whilst looking for Quigley and the others, that would be great. Don't forget your suntan lotion ladies!!!!
Take Care............Sam xxx
- 2012-03-26 12:17 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Racheljane, Thanks for coming back re Ginny Patterson. Will try and locate. Think that I need to go down this route now as had some weird feelings about my beautiful girl and going MAD!!!!!!! xx
- 2012-03-26 12:14 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Liz, sorry I missed you. My fault for not checking her page yesterday morning. Just got out and about with Fozzie before it got too hot! Makes a nice change from the snow, didn't you think Liz!!!!
How is the kitchen going? xxx
- 2012-03-26 09:58 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Denise & Teddy's Mum, I've got Drs appt this morn hope to get over to Saunderton area later on today to have a "look" around. Not only is there Quigley poss over there but also another dog running loose with a muzzle on! Now if they could all stand still that would be really helpful!Last edited: 2012-03-26 09:59:21 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-03-25 18:41 denise
- Hi Claire, hope you had a good weekend and it was nice to meet you. If there is another area you want me to help you poster/flyer let me know and Sam is there an area you want us to cover hope you managed to do what you wanted this weekend!
- 2012-03-24 18:28 racheljane
- Hi Sam, I have added my comment again, I clicked on report instead of edit!! I used an animal communicator called Ginny Patterson for one of my horses, she described his character to a tee just from a photo and piece of mane. I am not sure if she does dogs though, she has a website so I suppose you could ring and ask her. I do hope you find Teddy soon, I am sadly too far away to help, good luck xx
- 2012-03-24 14:46 Liz
- Hoping to get out and search Northend / Watlington Hill, Greenfield Woods tomorrow - not sure when as in the middle of decorating the kitchen (arghhhh!) but prob when i get up! Sam if you are anywhere near Hill Road Car Park and see a bright green N reg polo (with a dent in the passenger door) that is me - if you have any spare flyers and i dont see you along the way - you can pop them in a bag near the drivers front wheel? Unfortunately can only do the morning as need to go round and help out at my mums in the afternoon and then back to the dreaded kitchen. Good news re Lee Road sighting - quite a few people searching there too - thats good. Surely there must be an animal communicator in the UK? I am sure Marnie's mum (a little Yorkie that was stolen) used one quite recently...think Marnie's on here someone...will see if I can find it.....
- 2012-03-23 22:30 Teddy's Mum
- Dear Denise and claire, thank you!
I will search, poster, leaflet etc this weekend.
I am also going to start again in the Christmas Common area.
Karen mentioned that the posters had become wet and faded at cowleaze, so will replace those.
If any of you are out and see an eccentric woman and a gorgeous, very large, german Shepherd, PLEASE SAY HELLO! as we would be delighted to meet you.
- 2012-03-23 22:22 Teddy's Mum
- Thanks for that Holly! Will give it a go. Keep your spirits up you two, i know how painfull an emotional rollercoaster this whole sad, experience is!
So much love and hugs to you both.
Please come to those who love you, Teddy and Quigley!!!!
We Love you so much......XXXXXX
- 2012-03-23 19:33 Quigley's Mum and Dad
- Animal communicator:
Bea Lydecker. Has a website and is in the states so charges american dollars;) Just google her. Good Luck.
- 2012-03-23 19:08 racheljane
- Sorry didn't mean to report the comment, supposed to press edit sorry, :-D
- 2012-03-23 19:07 racheljane
- 2012-03-23 18:25 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Denise, lovely to meet you today and good luck this weekend if out and about.
- 2012-03-23 18:23 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, Denise & I did a lot of leaflet drops & postering today for both Teddy & Quigley. Good Luck this weekend and sadly I'm not around Sat or Sun but hopefully when I log on I can Teddy, Quigley & Cutler in the Blue. Keep positive.
- 2012-03-23 09:21 Teddy's Mum
- Hi All! The lady who contacted me from the Bucks Free Press who spotted a GSD on Lee Road area has come back to me. Shereen and Ruth managed to get photos of the two other Shep's and I sent them to the lady with more photo's of Teddy, so she and her husband could compare.
She has come back to me saying that although she doesn't want to give false hope, the PHOTO OF TEDDY SEEMS MOST LIKELY! Positive news!
I searched the Lee Road, Icknield Way area and visited the smallholdings etc, but think that me, Fozzie Bear and Buzz Lightyear will go over again this weekend. You ladies have covered that with a tooth comb and I know that a lady dog lover walks the circuit daily.
Thank you so much!!!!!! xxxxxxx
- 2012-03-23 09:07 Teddy's Mum
- Hello Racheljane, do you know of any animal communicator's? A friend recommended one to me, but when I contacted them, they were not working with lost dogs at the moment.
I think that Holly and Jeff had one to help them with Quigley. Will contact Holly. unless you know of any good ones?
- 2012-03-23 08:59 Teddy's Mum
- Hi All! My goodness Claire and Denise, you have been
busy and done so well. You made me chuckle at the letterbox springs comment girls!!! Thank you! I should imagine i need to order some more leaflets, as i have enough for the weekend for us.
- 2012-03-22 18:10 denise
- Hi Claire, I don't think I will bring my dog then if it is houses and not footpaths. You've been busy today, well done and I know what you mean about the letter boxes! I will do what you say about writing on the back,good idea, see you tomorrow.
- 2012-03-22 17:09 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, I have put posters up in Chalkshire Rd, have put leaflets through every door (ie never realised just how strong some of these letterbox springs are!!!) Spoke to a few walkers and gave them a leaflet to keep their eyes open. Spoken to another man who trains and owns GSDs and he and his wife go out 3 times a day up to the woods with their dogs and will keep a lookout for all missing dogs. Really really nice man he has taken a leaflet just in case he finds any of the dogs. Denise as a thought (and I've had to do it today) but on the back of leaflets I would write that Teddy was seen in Butlers Cross area last week. Reason for this people might look at the card and think well she's not going to come across this far and may just not take it seriously. Its a thought if you are really bored tonight 'cos its a bit difficult to write on the "hoof". I have only about 20 leaflets left and I would like to take a couple up to Ellesborough Golf Club and also down to the Greenkeepers Cottage tomorrow. See you tomorrow.Last edited: 2012-03-22 17:12:47 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-03-22 08:52 Claire Weston Turville
- Prob is going to be more houses than footpaths knowing the territory.
- 2012-03-22 08:15 denise
- Hi Claire, If it isn't raining I will bring mine (he hates the rain). Are we going to walk footpaths and/or houses? I will bring Quigley and Teddy posters and flyers. See you at 11.00hrs Friday.
- 2012-03-21 20:42 racheljane
- Just a thought, have you considered trying an animal psychic or animal communicator, x
- 2012-03-21 18:47 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Denise, see you at 1100 hrs. Do you have a dog and if so will you bringing with you. I have a Border Collie but really unique as she doesn't like to go for a walk!!!! but will do if she has to follow another one!
- 2012-03-21 18:21 denise
- Hi Claire, 11.00 would be good for me so see you in car park, I have a Quigley poster in my car. Rain or shine, I'll be there so see you then. Sam, I'm glad we have now spoken and as you can see Claire and I will be covering Butlers Cross area on Friday.
- 2012-03-21 18:03 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam, We went up to Coombe Hill this afternoon and I have put one of my posters up there by the Car Park. Now sits alongside Quigley and put one up for Cutler as well. Have to say the weather was absolutely glorious and you could see for miles but sadly looking down never saw any dogs alone out there. However, we keep looking.
- 2012-03-21 18:01 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Denise, I got some posters and flyers today from Mel (small world one of my old neighbours daughter!). I hope to do some postering etc tomorrow Thurs and so will make a start. I hope to do the entire length of Chalkshire Rd, and then see how many I have left!!! Can meet up with you at Butler Cross Village Car Park say about 10.30-1100 hrs on Fri. Rain threatened by the way on Fri!!! I have a silver Suzuki car.Last edited: 2012-03-21 18:05:27 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-03-21 17:47 denise
- Hi Claire, I got some posters and flyers today from Mel, so if you can meet at Butler Cross village car park (opposite Russell Arms) Friday sometime that would be great as I'm not really sure the area that Teddy may of been sighted. Although the person said the GM was dark brown this could be dirt etc. so there is still a hope or we can meet nearer to where she went missing, I don't mind. Mid morning is best for me, how about you?
- 2012-03-21 17:42 denise
- 2012-03-21 09:22 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam my address is 13 Middle Field, Weston Turville, Aylesbury Bucks HP22 5RH. Near the shops in Weston Turville. If I am not in please leave by Front door and I will pick up. If out and about today good luck. Mix 96 usually pretty good at putting our missing dog bulletins. Either Cutler or Quigley was mentioned at about 4pm(ish) yesterday didn't get to volume button in time to turn up! Forgot to add that my friend who works at The Plough, Cadsden area is also aware of Teddy and he keeps his ears/eyes open. There is a poster up there as well on Telegraph Pole just before entrance to lane the pub is on.Last edited: 2012-03-21 09:25:09 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-03-21 08:01 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Claire! Will ring Mix FM - thanks!
I tried Heart FM last Thursday after the two sightings fromt he Oxford Times. They said that it wasn't their policy to report missing dogs! Hey Ho!
See you later. xx
- 2012-03-20 22:01 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Liz, gosh thank you for giving up your day off to help! Good to hear from you!
Claire, Denise and others (I don't know the names of - sorry!) are happy to cover their side.
Think that I will cover Greenfield/Christmas Common area this weekend, and start at the beginning again. All the posters are gone and we know that she first ran there.
Maybe I could meet you on Sunday Liz and pass you some flyers, or whenever is convenient. Not sure where you live. Take care xx
- 2012-03-20 21:52 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Claire!
It was lovely to talk to you too! The posters and flyers will be delivered to you tomorrow without fail. It will be me or my friend Mel who lives in Aylesbury and will drop them off to you on her way home as she is visiting me tomorrow. xx
Thank you also Denise, we will get there eventually!!!!!
See how we get on with the normal ones and then I will order better ones from Sue and darren. xx
- 2012-03-20 21:45 Teddy's Mum
- Hi All! I have really struggled over the last two days. I am usually a really strong and positive person, but have just not been able to cope with my sadness and loss! The weekend was hard. We went to Standlake and handed out flyers, posters, asked questions etc, but nothing. I have emailed all the vets in the area.
The long boat incident was challenging.
Kenny and I walked all along the thames from Abingdon towards Lechlade. We asked and handed out flyers to all we met, spoke to every lock keeper that we could.
i contacted the environment agency to try and locate the mooring area of this boat, having established that the owners lived on it. They would not give me the address due to data protection and said that I should contact the police, who would then contact them.
The police were understanding and said that they would contact the Environment agency for details. This would take some time though as they have to fill in a form and could take up to two weeks! As you can imagine, I had visions of our beautiful girl being sold on, and couldn't wait that long.
Fortunately, I received an anonymous call to say that they had discovered the mooring place of the boat. Kenny and I rushed over that night, but could not see or do anything in the dark. Kenny got up very early the next morning and went to watch. He saw the german Shepherd which was elderly and didn't look like Teddy!
All hopes dashed in one second!
The police will contact Chequers police on guard and email surrounding counties.
I just wanted it to be her. x
- 2012-03-20 08:16 Claire Weston Turville
We do have a local radio station Mix 96 and their number is 01296 393396 could be a good idea to give them a call and ask if they can mention Teddy has possibly been seen in the Butlers Cross area and to get in touch with you. They might just put this out a couple of times during the day.Last edited: 2012-03-20 08:16:59 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-03-20 08:14 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Denise
Fri is good for me as well. If Sam gets posters etc to me then I can still do some postering on Thur and meet up with you at Butlers Cross.
- 2012-03-19 20:28 denise
- Hi Claire, I have made a note of your number, Thursday is not a good day as I work that day, but Friday is good for me, any good for you and Sam? If not I could meet you to collect posters/flyers after work at Butlers Cross (village hall) about 5.15 and then I can do what you didn't get round to doing? It is so annoying about the posters disappearing (is this at Bledlow?) because it is a good way to let people know, just keep putting them up! I will ring you Wednesday or let me know here, if this is ok with you both.
- 2012-03-19 19:12 Liz
- Hi Sam. Had the day off today and thought I'd help look. Parked at Cowlease and headed down towards ridgeway and along ridgeway to Bledlow X. Used Ickneild Way and Chiltern Way to wander around saunderton, Routs Green, Bledlow Ridge, Town End, Radnage and back to ridgeway via Crowell Wood. Spoke to some horse-riders just the other side of the M40 who said they 'always' used the ridgeway and have never seen a dog on it's own - as with most people i spoke to they were aware of Quigley but not Teddy. I also passed the water filled chalk pit at Chinnor just as I was gasping for a drink. Is it possible to speak to the owners to check there - there were holes in the fence and steep sides - just a thought. I also met a lady who works for staff rescue, she is also a dog walker by trade. She took your tel no. and said she would give you a call to see if she could help - she covers west wycombe area - I believe she lives in Routs Green, which is across the field from Saunderton. I hope the police were understanding - it's a breed they owe a lot too! Has Beverleys friend checked the photo of Teddy? And the caller from Standlake? A few people have said to me that they would be wary about approaching a German Shepherd, one person said that who actually owned one - I say to them that it is perfectly understandable (the last thing you need is a scared person approaching a dog that doesn't know them - even the friendliest of dogs picks up on vibes and we don't want to spook her) - I just tell them to contact you/doglost/dog warden asap and pass on the details as it is greatly appreciated. Hope you're doing OK.Take Care. x
- 2012-03-19 16:53 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Sam
Lovely to speak to you this afternoon. As arranged I await your call Wednesday sometime for the posters. If Denise is watching this page perhaps give me a call and we can arrange to meet up Thur if convenient with you to poster and plaster Butlers Cross!
- 2012-03-19 15:07 Teddy's Mum
- Dear Claire,
Thank you so much for your help! That is great!
I have just come in to ring you anyway, thanks for the mobile number!
Denise is lovely also and waiting for some flyers.
I will print off some posters and buy some more plastic sleeves for you. Was going to get some waterproof ones done but think I will go with what we have at the moment. There seems to be a great deal of posters being removed. All the posters of Teddy and Quigley have been removed over the weekend, so I don't know if it is weekend walkers. They even removed one from my horses paddock gate, which I thought was rather cheeky!
- 2012-03-19 12:03 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi, my husband and I went up to Butlers Cross earlier on and did the footpath walk from main Ellesborough Rd/Springs Lane back to Chalkshire Rd. Did manage to leaflet a few houses along the way as managed to print off approx 20 leaflets. Was actually able to speak to a walking club with dogs approx 30 people this morning who were aware of Quigley and now aware of Teddy and likewise Cutler, Jack Russell. They have taken a Teddy poster with them to keep an eye out for any of them. Spoke to a few farmers around Butlers Cross as well and made them aware of Teddy as she was possibly sighted by their land. Spoke to a lady from the horse field, spoke to local milkman who took leaflet and small building company on land nearby who actually said they he seems to attract lots of dogs as they were always turning up nearby! He does now have a leaflet. If anybody can get some decent posters or I can pick up locally will happily deliver a few more around and likewise Denise said she could possibly help. Also put a poster in Royal Mail letterbox in the hope they he/she will either keep in their van or post up in their local Sorting Office.Last edited: 2012-03-19 12:25:54 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-03-19 09:00 Claire Weston Turville
- Sam, my husband and I are going to have a quick look around the footpath at Butlers Cross this morning but sadly we can't be out too long. With a lady called Denise help later on this week we might get another sighting. Also not sure how far away you live from this area but if anybody sights Teddy and you need a person near you can always give me a ring on mobile and I can go out and have a look as well. Hope this helps. Would like to say at this point I am not interested in any reward but the reward will be that you get your dog back.Last edited: 2012-03-19 09:19:36 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-03-19 08:57 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Denise, thanks for the offer of help and very much appreciated. Makes sense for 2 females to go around together rather than on own these days. Please take a note of my mobile number below and let me know when available and hopefully someone will be able to print off some posters/leaflets etc. Good meet up place would be either the Village Hall car park or Russell Arms PH car park, Keep in touch. Likewise Sam hopefully the police were helpful. I know from my neighbour (policeman) that dog napping is a big thing at the moment.
- 2012-03-19 07:41 denise
- Claire, I can help some days this week to help leaflet drop round Butlers Cross area, I also haven't a decent printer to print off
copies so as soon as some are available I am happy to do this.
Sam, I hope the police were helpful. Thank you for the Mother's Day wishes and that your day wasn't too sad without Teddy. x
- 2012-03-18 22:29 Shereen
- How did you get on with the police Sam? if you want to call me tomorrow im about after 9am.X
- 2012-03-18 15:26 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi I've been down to Butlers Cross way having not spent as much time as I would like to have done though. I noticed down Springs Lane (Leading to private close!) but also the public footpath, there are a few houses that advertise that they have CCTV Cameras and wondered if Teddy's mum could persuade people to have a look at them to see if Teddy is on them especially near the footpath. I have left some cooked food down the footpath and dare I say will probably attract every form of wildlife but just thought it worth it just in case Beverley's friend sees the dog again!. I stopped a few people who live in Chalkshire Road but they haven't seen a GSD but will keep a lookout. It occurs to me that the houses& bungalows down Springs Lane, Springs Close, Ellesborough Rd, and Chalkshire Rd might benefit from a few posters and it would be a good idea to leaflet the houses. Would probably need in the region of 100-200 leaflets. If anybody can produce I am quite happy to meet up with someone to poster or leaflet drop. The only day(s)I am unavailable will be part of Mon and all day Tuesday. Happy to help out wherever. Sorry I don't have access to printer to run off copies. My contact mobile number is 07887652916.
- 2012-03-18 09:52 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Shereen and All!
The police are coming at 10.30 to discuss Teddy!
- 2012-03-18 09:49 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Denise and Karen,
Sue and Darren must be very busy at the moment, and i don't like to keep on at them. Will ring them again this week or try and get some done elsewhere.
Take care....Sam xx
- 2012-03-18 09:45 Teddy's Mum
- Would like to wish all you lovely ladies a very
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
from your children, be it children, dogs, horses etc.
Enjoy your day.
Sam and Teddy xxxxx
- 2012-03-18 09:43 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Liz! Hope that you are well. x
- 2012-03-18 09:42 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Alison,
So sorry to hear that you are under the weather this weekend! Barney and Ozzie Bear (in spirit) wish their mum a Happy Mother's Day!
Ozzie sounds like he was a gentle giant like my Fozzie Bear. Teddy is "Miss Teddy Bear".
- 2012-03-18 09:37 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Beverley and Jane,
Thank you for helping. I hope that we get a sighting of the German Shepherd again.
Teddy has a light tan/creamy coat, but does have a black saddle area. Will get over there as soon as I get a chance in the week.
- 2012-03-18 09:30 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Claire! It's Sam (Teddy's mum).
Thank you for checking out the fields around the Chequers/Butlers Cross area. I haven't had a chance to get back to you earlier as have been checking out the Standlake sighting and long boat sighting.
Kenny and I went to Standlake very early yesterday morning and put posters up etc. I have spoken to and emailed all the vets in the area.
The other sighting is still being investigated!
I think that you are quite right Claire, and the Icnield way route and surrounding areas most likely. x
- 2012-03-17 23:10 Claire Weston Turville
- Thanks Beverley & Jayne, I will have a look around tomorrow morning.
- 2012-03-17 19:49 Beverley
- This is the email from my friend who saw the dog, not sure if it matches Teddy's description though. I will send her a link to this page to see if she thinks that Teddy is the dog she saw, good luck
Yes it was walking directly at the back of our garden along the public footpath - it was sniffing around for ages which is why I noticed it. I could see it was quite a long body - quite slim with what seemed a deep brown coat with the black back. The pathway runs parallel with Ellesborough Road - it can be accessed on foot via Springs Lane then turn right at the bottom of Springs Lane to get to the sheep field behind our house. The footpath can also be accessed via Chalkshire road which is probably the best option as the people down Springs Lane can be really rude and don't allow anyone to take their car down there as it is a private road (nice eh). The footpath is part of the Aylesbury ring runs right along the back of us all onto open fields and goes for some distance.
I hope they find it - how heartbreaking - I saw it mid week.
- 2012-03-17 14:50 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Strangely enough just come back from driving around there and using binoculars (not at the same time I hasten to add!) but nothing seen. Will try again and will look out for further post if you get more info. A good viewing point across the area would be Coombe Hill if anybody going up that way may be take some binoculars with them as you never know.
- 2012-03-17 13:28 Beverley
- I've emailed by friend to get details of exactly which field. She lives on the Ellesborough Road between Springs Lane and Chalkshire Road and talked about the fields behind her house which would be between Ellesborough Road and the Aylesbury Road, once I get more info I'll post it. Good luck
- 2012-03-17 12:48 Claire Weston Turville
- Beverley, as there are quite a few fields around Butlers Cross area, any clue as to which of the fields would be helpful. For instance not knowing where your friend lives would this be near the village hall/recreation fields going up towards Chequers etc. I've been out this morning and will happily go out again if I knew a sort of which direction to head around! Spoke to a few soggy dog-walkers who will keep a lookout for her and I've told them she is friendly and hopefully would go to them. I am inclined to think that this is probably a better direction across fields for her to walk rather than the Standlake direction.
- 2012-03-17 09:40 Claire Weston Turville
- As I know Butlers Cross quite well I will go out and about around there later on.
- 2012-03-17 09:37 Claire Weston Turville
- As thought has anyone tried the large derelict barn just up from Butlers Cross heading towards Chequers PM estate? As a further though perhaps the owner of this dog could go down the little side road to Chequers estate and speak to the Thames Valley Police down there (with their guard dogs!) and they would be able to keep their eyes open for her as well.
- 2012-03-17 08:55 Beverley
- A friend of mine who lives in Butlers Cross has seen a german shepherd in the fields around her house on a couple of consecutive days earlier this week, not sure if it's Teddy or not. We were talking about Quigley and she mentioned this german shepherd
- 2012-03-17 07:55 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Sam. Glad to see you are back online. Good luck with your search today. Wish I could help, but feeling a bit under the weather this weekend. Take no notice of the comments about GSD's being agressive. The person who made them really hasn't got a clue about dogs. Yes, as we all know some can be agressive, but it's down to the owner if they are like that, not the breed! It used to annoy me how people would make the same assumptions about rotties, but our Ozzie Bear was the sweetest natured boy you could want to meet. Come on Teddy, show yourself for you mum today please!! Alison x
- 2012-03-16 20:28 Teddy's Mum
- Hi All! Thanks for posting for me Shereen. Got my computer discharged from hospital asap as stressed Teddy urgency!!! Also trying to maintain a sense of humour - on that note, it occurred to us that Teddy is carrying on like the littlest Hobo at the moment!!!!!
Just a quick note to say that Kenny and I are covering Standlake tomorrow, asking questions, puttting up posters and handing out flyers. Have already contacted all the vets in that area, covering Witney also.
The lady said that the GSD was scruffy and thin and obviously without an owner. Goes back to what kenny said that she had been picked up and maybe thrown out again??????
what bothered me about this call was that she noted that the dog was lame on a hind leg. Teddy is prone to that, being a GSD, if she does too much exercise, which is why she was alway's on controlled exercise. Anyone with any kindness would take her to a vet, but I am afraid after that call I had, saying that German Shepherd are a nasty and Agressive breed that people would be afraid to approach her. Oh dear!!!
Will see how we get on tommorrow but please all keep your eyes peeled for her in Saunderton etc......
Thank you................Sam xxxxxx
- 2012-03-16 12:09 Shereen
- Ive just been on the phone to Sam ,she has no internet access at he moment,so im posting for her.
she has had an ad in the Oxford mail this week,so ill bump page for that
she has had two calls
One where someone saw a dog fitting Teddys discription on a narrow boat on the Thames it was travelling between Calmcote lock and the Buscote-Lechlade lock they had other dogs on the boat and seemed a bit shady...she has made enquiries and has found out the boat is called 'it'll never happen',she is making further enquiries into this.
another lady called and said a skinny bedraggled dog was seen on its own on a road in Standlake 8am Monday mornig the dog was limping on a hind leg,she will be going over at the weekend to poster there.
Sam would like to thank you all for your continued help and support.
- 2012-03-16 09:14 Claire Weston Turville
- Spoke to a friend of mine who works at the Pub (Rising Sun?)at Cadsden who be keeping an eye out for Quigley and now Teddy.I did suggest to him that if they were successful in catching her they would have to look at Quigleys details for a phone number to help track owner of dog! Could be a good idea to put a few flyers around that area too as its not far from Princes Risboro. Few other pubs around there (Three Crowns, Askett - owner is a dog lover as well as his wife does a lot of dog walking)and with Mothers Day coming up people will go out for a meal etc. Hope this helpsLast edited: 2012-03-16 09:16:09 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-03-15 18:07 denise
- Hi Sam, I will be out this weeekend looking for Quigley and will also mention dear Teddy even if I am not able to get the flyers, but will probably be seeing Darren and Sue so ask them to keep some to give me. I will be out next week too looking, but let me know if there is an area you want me to cover.
- 2012-03-15 10:42 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Barney "n" Ozzie's mum (A!),
Thank you so much for putting all those posters up and giving up your time! You are a star!!! I know how time consuming it is. That is brilliant.xx
Come on Teddy, please show yourself!
- 2012-03-14 12:50 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Posters dropped off this morning in Princes Risborough at Keep Motoring, the library, RSPCA shop and the sorting office (spoke to a very nice lady at the latter who told me that someone called Lorraine is the local postie for the area of the sighting and she would go and speak to her straight away). Just need to find out about taxi rank and local milkman, but had to get in to work. Drove there via Loosley Row and Lacey Green, but no sign I'm afraid x
- 2012-03-14 10:39 Shereen
- Sam,Couldnt email you the photo but have Tagged you on facebook so will appear on your wall.
- 2012-03-14 10:21 denise
- Hi Sam, Can't ring you at the moment but if you are picking up posters from Darren and Sue? I live quite near to them so let me know when you are picking them up and I can hopefully meet you.
- 2012-03-14 08:33 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Shereen,
That could be useful as the one with the terrier not that clear.
Am waiting for a reply from the lady though, so on tenterhooks!!!!!!!
- 2012-03-14 08:31 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Karen, Thanks for the poster reminder in Cowleaze.
Speaking to Sue and darren re some waterproof ones.
How can I get her little flyers to you?
- 2012-03-14 08:29 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Denise, where would you like me to bring these flyers to? I would like to get them to you as I know you are out looking for Quigley and Teddy often.
Give me a quick call, it might be quicker!?!
- 2012-03-14 08:25 Teddy's Mum
- Dear Alison, that is super, thank you for all that! Stokenchurch are well clued up on Teddy as I ring regularly. Spoke to maccabee's two weeks ago and emailed H Wycombe wardens again as they take lost dogs to maccabee.
I am speaking to Sue and Darren re getting some new waterproof posters done.
Great idea for the postie sorting office etc!
- 2012-03-13 18:06 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Forgot to add that I'll look to see if there's a taxi rank there. I won't get time tomorrow, but thought it might be worth leaving posters with the estate agents there, as they are always out and about doing viewings, valuations, etc.
- 2012-03-13 18:03 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Sam. I've emailed Hearing Dogs and printed off some posters for when I'm in Princes Risborough tomorrow morning. There is a sorting office just around the corner from where I'm going, so I'll pop in and see if they'll display a poster. I'll also drop one off at the library. Next time I see my postie I'll ask him to take one back to the Wycombe sorting office. Alison x
- 2012-03-13 17:50 denise
- Hi Sam, I have been out today looking for both Quigley and Teddy, let me know if anyone (maybe Shereen) is near to me to give me flyers, I am thinking of you at this very emotional time, it must be so awful I just can't stop thinking about these lovely dogs. Fingers crossed for a sighting soon.
- 2012-03-13 07:55 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Sam. Many thanks for your message. I am just off to work now, but will email Teddy's poster to Hearing Dogs this afternoon. I'll also ask my mum which sorting office covers the area and if there's a taxi rank in Princes Risborough. Might be worth checking with Stokenchurch Dog Rescue and Maccabee at Longwick incase she's been handed in there, as microchips aren't always picked up (also Wycombe police station).
Unfortunately my Ozzie passed away in November, but I know he'll be helping us in spirit. Hope you have a better day today. Take care, Alison x
- 2012-03-12 22:23 Shereen
- Sam I actually got two photos of the dog I saw the other day ,do you want me to email them to you if this would help the lady decide??
- 2012-03-12 21:57 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Shereen, Got a call back from the lady who rang with the sighting and confirmed her email address. It is her work email so she will pick it up tomorrow and get her husband to have a look too. Will also send some clear photos of Teddy.
She feels so bad that she didn't pick the dog up, but reassured her that she is helping so much already.
will let you all know as soon as i have a response.
- 2012-03-12 21:53 Teddy's Mum
- Dear Holly and Jeff (Quigley's mum and dad), thank you for thinking of us. we are often thinking of you and yo know Holly that I am always there for you if you need me! This is so very, very heart breaking for all of us.
Sam, Kenny and Teddy xxxxx
- 2012-03-12 21:48 Teddy's Mum
- Dear dog lover, Thank you for reading Teddy's posts and for making contact. It is great to have an extra pair of eyes in the area, looking out for her.
She is indeed a very sweet and kind little bitch and loves everybody.
Thank you..........Sam (Teddy's mum) xx
- 2012-03-12 21:40 Teddy's Mum
- Dear Alison, Barney & Ozzie, thanks for the great ideas! I followed them up yesterday as you will have read Alison. I drove past the turning for the Hearing dogs and didn't register, so that would be great if you could email them a poster. can you or anyone advise on name of main taxi rank company in the area, milk delivery companies, and does anyone know the postman well enough to ask him to carry a poster or put one up in the sorting office for - High Wycombe??
Give your boy's a hug from me.
- 2012-03-12 21:31 Teddy's Mum
- Dear Alfies mum. it doesn't matter that you are far away, you are there for us in spirit and willing for Teddy to be found. Thank you. Sam xx
- 2012-03-12 21:28 Teddy's Mum
- Dear all, apologies for the delay ingetting back to you. Felt very tearful and down today. Being in this situation is like being on an emotional rollercoaster. When you get a possible sighting, you feel like you will go to the area and see Teddy (and I imagine I speak for dear Holly and Jeff - Quigley). either walking across a field or sniffing through a dustbin.
Just so you all know, and I will keep on saying, how much we appreciate your help and support.
Overwhelmed by the kindness!
I really look forward to reading your kind words of support as they really keep me going through this oh so difficult time.
Thanks.............Sam (Teddy's mum) xxxxxx
- 2012-03-11 22:54 Shereen
- Sam ,I think you should give the lady who sighted the dog on Lee Road and ask her if the dog she saw had a cocked over ear or not,I think she would know as it sounds like she was very close to the dog.I did call into that farm today and actually saw the dog but there was no one around,I didnt see a terrier though.x
- 2012-03-11 22:50 Dog Lover
- Hi there, I have been reading your posts re Teddy. I walk daily on a three mile circuit between Lacey Green and Saunderton and am keeping an eye out for you. I really hope that you find your lovely dog soon.
- 2012-03-11 21:57 Quigley's Mum and Dad
- Fingers crossed, Teddy.Last edited: 2012-03-11 21:57:51 by Quigley's Mum and Dad
- 2012-03-11 21:33 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Just had another thought - do Hearing Dogs know about Teddy? They walk their dogs along the Ridgeway and have people coming and going all the time to their Saunderton base. I can email them a poster if you like?
- 2012-03-11 21:30 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Sam. You are doing all the right things - making as many people aware as possible of Teddy. I am not out that way again until Wednesday - will be picking my daughter's car up from a garage in Princes Risborough. I know the owner very well and will ask him to display a poster and put the word around. My mum will also let her neighbours know up at Bledlow Ridge. Has anyone let the local sorting office know? (I'm not sure if that's P.Risboro or Wycombe). Also taxi ranks, milkmen, dustmen? My brother does shift work, returning home around 4.00-5.00am. He will let me know if he sees anything. Alison x
- 2012-03-11 20:35 Alfies mum
- i live to far away to help but follow teddys story every day. You are all doing a fantastic job and i just wish i could help. Shes out there some where waiting to be found. good luck to you all xx P.S now the weather is improving she could be out and about more during the day xLast edited: 2012-03-11 20:38:03 by Alfies mum
- 2012-03-11 20:07 Teddy's Mum
- Dear All, had a weary and emotional day. Took Mr fozzie Bear and Buzz Lightyear (my Russell Terrier) to Lee Road etc. We got our bearings eventually by driving around and putting posters up. Covered the Lee road end and the Chinnor end, i.e the Cyclists way. seemed to be lots of small holding type places, so spoke to all those and gave them flyers. The dogs and I walked the Icknield way, which is spectacular, especially on a warm, spring day! I handed out the postcard size flyers to all the dog walkers and horse riders. Come to the conclusion that these are better than loads of posters as people do read and pop them in their pockets for future reference. I have spoken to and put a poster up in P Risborough Golf Club.
I visited Chestnuts Farm first of all and was unable to raise anyone. The gate is heavily padlocked and there was no sign of a German Shepherd, only Patterdale type terriers. I went back later and managed to raise the owners by calling the dogs. The GSD is nothing like Teddy, as the farmer next door had confirmed to me earlier. He is a completely different coloring and much bigger in stature. The owner said that he never gets out as I could see by the stock proofed fencing.
He then said that a his neighbor's GSD bitch had got out recently and was running down Lee road, to which I thought was catslip boy revisited!!!
He called a lady from the house who had seen the dog. She very positively confirmed that it wasn't Teddy (I showed her blown up photos of Teddy). The bitch had got out on a WEEKDAY, following its owners horse lorry down Lee road. She had a bent, cocked over ear and is lame on her front, right paw. Her saddle is much lighter than Teddy's.
I feel that this could indeed be a positive Teddy sighting, as we have now ruled out other sightings.
I have put a poster up in the Rose and Crown and Golden Cross pub.
I went to RAF Walter's Ash and spoke to the Commander there, who was very helpful. Left posters and flyers, which he said would be distributed between the three sites. Thank you very much!
Finally, I visited the travellers site. They were so very kind and supportive to me. They even offered me a bacon sandwich and cup of tea!!!
They listened carefully and took posters and flyers.
They were not interested ina reward, only in helping me to get my little girl back.
Feel tired but strangely positive at the end of the day.
Thanks all! xxxxxxx
- 2012-03-11 12:02 karen
- Hi Teddy's mum, this morning I have been up at Cowleze woods and spoke to regulars and some not so regulars; I have used up all the flyers and note that the one directly into the wood is water damaged, I will try and repost it until the waterproof ones can replace them (I'll put in plastic),KarenX
- 2012-03-11 09:51 Shereen
- Thanks Ruth,its not the same farm but will drop in there too.Sam Ive forwarded the email withe the photo of this dog on to you.
- 2012-03-10 22:49 Ruth
- Shereen, the GSD that I saw with the terrier headed into the 'farm' that has a sign out for logs for sale - I don't know if that's Chestnut Farm?
- 2012-03-10 21:36 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Sam. I'm afraid I didn't see anything when I was on my travels. Do you know what direction she was heading? I don't live nearby I'm afraid, but my mum and brother live at Bledlow Ridge, so I'll ask them to keep a look out. I mentioned the golf club incase Teddy (if it is her) is holed up there - that's what a couple of missing dogs near to me did in the past - nice and quiet and a source of food! Let all the local pubs know aswell (I can think of at least 3 on the main drag from Wycombe to Princes Risborough. Also posters at the Pedestal petrol garage at West Wycombe and the Esso garage in Princes Risborough wouldn't go amiss. How about the RAF base at Walters Ash too (MOD police are probably out and about at all hours). Keeping everything crossed here for you xx
- 2012-03-10 20:07 Teddy's Mum
- Hi everyone, thank you so much! Oh my goodness the emotions are flying tonight! will get some flyers to you next week Denise. Thanks Annie, my neighbour, you know the gorgeous Teddy well. Thanks for the link. Dear Barney "n" Ozzies's mum, thank you. Do you live near to Risborough Golf Club? Good point. Would you be able to email them or perhaps Annie could with her poster? Hi Liz, spoken to Shereen and I am goi ng out all day tomorrow; will have my big Shep with me. Will probably park on Lee Road as really don't know the area. As I said to Shereen, the comment from this lady this morning that gave me hope was that the dog looked lost and was looking to be picked up and climb into a vehicle. This lady doesn't know me or Teddy and Teddy loves being in a vehicle and used to spend her time in my old truck as Annie knows! Shereen and I will pursue this tomorrow. Hope to meet you and bambi tomorrow Liz! Hugs.......Samxxxx
- 2012-03-10 18:43 Shereen
- I saw your car denise as I went up to flyer the car park but you had already done it ;o)
I also went to check out the Lee road sighting as I was sent a picture of a GSD someone had seen along that road with a pheasant in its mouth...it was with a terrier type dog and went up to check the farm out where a dog of this description has been seen....it has a white gate with high mesh fencing ,I wanted to try and see someone there to see if this is thier dog but couldnt see anyone around,but will try again tomorrow....The farm is called Chestnut farm and it has a sign on the gate with a GSD saying 'I live here'...even if the photo I have of this dog isnt Teddy,It doesnt mean shes not there as it would be very easy for her to get to there and the sighting last sunday was of a GSD on its own...I will let you know how I get on tomorrow.Sam could you give me a quick call when you see this message.Thanks.X
- 2012-03-10 17:28 denise
- Sam, sorry to have missed you to pick up flyers and posters, hope you have had luck today and that there has been some sightings. If she is more over my way (Longwick area) will there be someone over this way who I can meet to get some? I have been up at Whiteleaf woods and Icknield way looking for Quigley and Teddy.
- 2012-03-10 13:57 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I was out that way this morning but didn't see anything. Has anyone let Princes Risborough golf club know? I think there's a hostel not far from here aswell. I hope to be going out that way again in about an hour, so will keep my eyes peeled. Will be on the back of my husband's motorbike, but will have spare dog lead, treats and mobile with me xx
- 2012-03-10 13:46 Liz
- OK - will have to review walking route as was going to walk the Icknield Way tomorrow but from Hill Road so not that far up. Can't make it today as have been out looking for another dog this morning and have to do some work at my mums this afternoon. Really hope this is our break. Good luck. x
- 2012-03-10 12:29 Annie
- I've also just sent you a link of the more deteailed ordnance survey map of the area. I have ringed the area Shereen mentioned in red . Again, fingers crossed.Last edited: 2012-03-10 12:41:38 by Annie
- 2012-03-10 12:02 Annie
- Sam, I hope sincerely that this was Teddy. I was going to post anyway regarding Liz's plan to walk the path she outlined in her post. I have walked that path and along and through the scrub many times and Teddy is definitely not there. Last week's sighting is entirely possible. If you want to look up the area in detail, highlight, and then copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar and it will show you the ridgeway and surrounding areas. http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=209481124411824590577.0004a6b276cde69dd79c7&msa=0&ll=51.681071,-1.148071&spn=0.76463,1.760559 Fingers crossed.Last edited: 2012-03-10 12:08:09 by Annie
- 2012-03-10 10:39 Teddy's Mum
- Hi All! Had a call this morning from a lady (Bucks Free Press response) who saw a dog fitting Teddy's description last Sunday, 5/3/2012. She is not from the area and was visiting a nursing home. Dog sighted off main Wycombe to P Risborough Road, Lee Road which is at the bottom of the Icknield Way. This is very plausible as she was sighted near Watlington and could have travelled and gone under the motorway. Maybe the reason why not been many sightings as she has been travelling cross country and keeping under cover. The lady went back after an hour hoping to pick her up but couldn't see her. She was looking lost and kept looking at the cars wanting to be picked up. My poor baby girl!!! She looked in reasonable condition. Shereeen over there today. Just missed Denise for flyers. Kenny out for an hour or two. I am going tomorrow. Shereen said that there is a traveller camp there which can only be sighted from a footpath. Can anyone give me exact directions as i don't know the area as I am going in to visit them tomorrow! Please let it be my precious angel! Can't ring any of you to liaise! xxxxx
- 2012-03-10 10:09 Shereen
- Sighting was on Lee road saunderton (near the Rose and Crown pub)
- 2012-03-10 09:44 denise
- Hi Sam and Liz where abouts on the icknield way will you be today as I could collect some flyers/posters this afternoon if I am near to you as I am doing Quigley this morning at Whiteleaf (will obviously keep an eye open for Teddy). If not perhaps we can meet early in the week for me to get some?Best of luck.
- 2012-03-10 09:44 Shereen
- Bumping page due to a sighting last sunday thats just been called into Sam,ill let her fill in the details,as im just on my way out.
- 2012-03-09 23:23 Shereen
- Sam ive just forwarded the email I sent you on the day the helecopter was up, its titled 'sighting 12.35' so please dont get excited when you open it as its from 7th January!!
- 2012-03-09 20:37 Liz
- of course Sam. I was going to try and get an early start, so was aiming to get there for about 9.30. if thats too early, i was going to start by walking right out of the car park, left at the junction and then left on the footpath that takes you along through the woods down the hill towards watlington. so if this too early i can meet you a bit later in the clearing at the bottom of the hill before i head off on the icknield way... i will be in my green polo and will have a brown terrier with me (Bambi) who will have a little bark at fozzie at first so apologies in advance! Let me know what time suits. :) x
- 2012-03-09 20:19 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Liz, struggling with the Catslip lady as she never answers my calls and I cannot pester her anymore as i will be done for harrassment. If she doesn't want to answer, then ok. Maybe a postcard flyer in her letterbox? Oh my God girls, I am like a woman possessed!!!!! As time goes on, I get more and more desperate! Forgive me. Sam xx
- 2012-03-09 20:13 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Liz, can I meet you in the Watlington Hill car park On Sunday please? I am going to walk down in the scub area on the hill with Teddy's older brother - the gorgeous "Mr Fozzie bear". Everyone can then see what a wonderful, gentle, kind, loving dog a German shepherd can be! Hopefully, it will help peoples's perception of Teddy!!!!
I would like to give you some of the flyers, if that is ok. We have used the proof from the Bucks Free Press, that i did as Sue thought that it was good.
I know that you offered to collect some Karen, meet us on Sunday or ring me when is convenient for you.
Dear Denise, let me know if you can distribute a few?
If anyone else can help, let me know and THANK YOU!!!!
- 2012-03-09 19:53 Teddy's Mum
- Hi all! I have contacted Sue and Darren this week from Resource Print in High Wycombe , who have been helping Quigley. I know that liz, Denise and karen all recommended them. I was hesitant in doing so as i didn't want them to feel under pressure. However, having seen Quigley's waterproof posters, I felt that it had to be done as the rain got into the plastic sleeves this week on her posters I noticed! I thought that it would be a good idea to hand out the postcard size handouts as people can pop them in their pockets and not lose or throw them away as readily.
Sue and Darren form Resource Print have donated 1,000
postcard flyers as a contribution to Teddy's Search.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR GENEROSITY!
Kenny and I are so very grateful.
They are super Sue and do have the red border after all!
I will speak to you next week and order some toughened plastic posters.
Kindest regards. xx
- 2012-03-09 14:16 Teddy's Mum
- Thank you Karen. Samx
- 2012-03-09 10:11 karen
- Hi Teddy's mum Just to let you know I am dropping off some flyers at Chris's cafe (Studley Green), on the way back from Wycombe this morning,Karen.
- 2012-03-09 09:26 Teddy's Mum
- Thanks Shereen, that would be useful. We also know that the sighting was not the German shepherd that lives at Hill farm as I have checked. It would be really helpful if the jodie at catslip could confirm her sighting, but I daren't pester the poor lady anymore. Any ideas? What was the number she lives at? Important as Liz and everyone out in all weathers (last weekend!) and don't want any of us to waste time in an area if really no chance of Teddy ever being there. Sam xx ????
- 2012-03-08 22:07 Shereen
- : ))) Thanks Sam And Kenny,Thats very sweet.XXX
As for the not nice comment im sorry for you to have to of heard it, but let it go over your head as there are lots of people who will help!
I just wanted you to know Sam (You may not remember)James sent me an email literally just after the sighting on Watlington hill and I forwarded it to you within minutes,I also sent it to Percys owner as at that stage we still believed they were together.They immediately went to the area...I may still have the email Which has the attachment of the exact spot if I can find it I will send it to you again.X
- 2012-03-08 19:59 Liz
- In respect of that ignorant, ill informed comment - it sayes more about what sort of person he/she is and I am proud(if thats the right word) of your response, it was perfect and dignified - I'm not sure in the circumstances I would have been quite so polite..the finest, most loyal friend I had was part shepherd. Her dad was black lab x rottie and the mum was a shepherd x deerhound. She was beautiful. As is Teddy and we will find her. You have had so much to deal with in such a short time. We will find her. x I think I will split my time between the ridgeway and crocker end on sunday unless the lady in catslip is sure the thin/wet sighting was the catslip boy...
- 2012-03-08 14:10 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Liz, I have tried to contact the lady in catslip again and left a message asking her if she would be very kind and look at Teddy's poster on this page, as it clearly shows her markings, to confirm if it was/n't her. I do appreciate that people have very busy lives and not much time! Pleased with the proof for the Bucks Free Press which comes out tomorrow. Please let me know what you all think and how I can improve upon it for the next one. xx
- 2012-03-08 14:04 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Shereen, kenny and I would just like to say a huge "Thank you" for the long hours and time that you have put into looking for Teddy and indeed all the other missing dogs in the area. life has dealt me a cruel blow this year, with the sudden death of my dad in January, the passing away of a sweet old horse, and my beloved Teddy missing. I do not know how I would have found the strength to remain positive, had you not been there for me. We are all so appreciative of the wonderful work you do. You deserve an OBE!!!
I am overwhelmed by the kindness of you all.
Big hugs............Sam and Teddy xxxxx
- 2012-03-08 13:58 Teddy's Mum
- Thank you for your kind words Denise and Karen. I called her "Miss Teddy Bear" as she looked like one as a puppy with her pale brown color and curly coat! That would be great karen as I no it is popular with lorry drivers etc in the week and walkers at weekends as he is doing sunday roasts now. Just a thought! Thanks Jsh for coming back with that info. Just helps to know where to search. x
- 2012-03-08 10:58 Quigley's Mum & Dad
- Just looked at the comment thread - Shame Heidi sounds like she has no compassion for other living creatures which depend on us to care for them. I am sure between us all, the posters for these dogs lost will be taken down once the dogs are safe and found.
Anyway, following my conversation with the owner on the phone. I sent shereen details of my possible sighting which was some time early this year. It was over the road from Watlington Hill, further down the hill, near where the ridgeway cuts over Hill Road. You can divert off the ridgeway on a footpath through the dense shrubs and it was in there, between Hill Road and the square 'forest' patch of tall trees. I spooked her/him/whatever it was, it looked at me, and at first I thought it was a deer, but as it/he/she ran, I saw a tail which lead me to believe it was a Dog, and it looked like a GSD (one of my own dogs is a GSD so familiar with the looks). Hope this helps. JamesLast edited: 2012-03-08 10:58:33 by Quigley's Mum & Dad
- 2012-03-08 10:09 karen
- Hi Teddy's mum, I wish people who are unsympathetic and can not make constructive comments would just keep quiet as you don't need it.( Personally I love shepherds), I also live near Chris's cafe so can print some off and take in either later or tomorrwo a.m. if no-one else has,Karenx
- 2012-03-08 08:47 denise
- It is very upsetting what some people say about dogs. Try to ignore this hurtful comment, we are all behind you in the search. As her name suggests she sounds like a big soft teddy bear!
- 2012-03-08 08:36 Teddy's Mum
- Hi All! Thanks for putting posters up on the Industrial estate Jan. Tried the henley Standard a couple of weeks ago, which is where I got the call regarding "skinny and wet" dog. Good point Liz as she was quite specific. That lady was called Jodie and lives doors away from Catslip boy which is we linked the two. I will ring her again/or visit her with new poster to confirm. Does anyone live near Chris's cafe at studley Green near Stokenchurch, as lots of people go there? If not, I will put one up. Had a hurtful comment yesterday; someone said that they wouldn't help look for Teddy as she is a nasty German Shepherd! I pointed out that any dog, irrespective of its breed has the capacity to be aggressive. If it is surrounded by love, kindness etc, it will act accordingly, much the same as people!!!! Please be reassured everyone that Teddy is the sweetest, kindest little girl possible. She was hand reared by me along with ten others and was crawling even before she was towelled off! She is very, very friendly and loving and adores people. Hey ho! xx
- 2012-03-07 19:03 Liz
- Don't mean to back track but my mind keeps going back to Shereens update from 27th jan reference one of the Catslip sightings. The person described the dog as 'skinny and wet' - was that particular sighting definately the catslip boy? Hope to be back out there on Sunday not sure what area yet. Sam - my car is a bright green polo and i was walking a small brown terrier - I'm sure our paths will cross at some stage - think I could be getting a local reputation as the crazy woman in the bushes :) - there were still ten or so cars in the Hill Road car park when I got there about 10ish so there were still some determined people out there despite the weather ! Hope the fella gets backs to you soon about the copter sighting.
- 2012-03-07 17:36 jansus
- I am putting some flyers and posters up in the cafe on the industrial estate where i Work. There are 50 plus businesses there and employess come from all neighbouring counties- I will put Teddys poster up as well. Try to keep your hopes up as when you get a new sighting then you will find lots of people will rush to help.In the mean time you are doing the right thing by keeping the publicity up in the local newspapers. Have you done the henley standard recently as that gets distributed over quite a wide area?
- 2012-03-07 07:51 Teddy's Mum
- Hi everyone, Teddy's mum(Sam) here. Spoke to James, who saw a German Shepherd on the 7/1/12 on watlington Hill. Have asked him to check out her new poster on here to confirm if her. Sue (as in Darren's partner rang me yesterday to say that a German Shepherd had been picked up in Chinnor; sadly not Teddy, was a boy but emailed new poster to the wardens again. Her details going out in the Bucks Free Press and Reading Chronicle this weekend to raise awareness. Thank you! xx
- 2012-03-07 00:21 flaggbag, Area Co-ordinator Stroud
- you are all doing such a fantastic job and trying so hard to find dear teddy, just keep going, some people just dont understand
- 2012-03-06 21:16 Shereen
- Well what a discouraging message from Heidi,TBH I dont care, actually all I care about is to help desperate owners get thier dogs home,and on occasion have spoken to local councils.They have never mentioned the law and have always been very sympathetic to an owners plea to get thier beloved dogs home...we do send out an advice email to say poster responsibly and not to pin to trees etc.my time is much better spent helping owners than to reply to discouraging posts
- 2012-03-06 19:55 denise
- I will email Darren and ask him to look on here and hopefully help with posters and flyers as posters are continually being taken down because they 'look messy'! I can't believe that, there is so much rubbish on the streets and countryside from people dumping and throwing their rubbish out of cars that is just left!a few posters mainly pinned to telegraph poles in a desperate plead for help that will obviously be take down at some stage, is far less untidy! But some people are just too narrow minded to think this way. I am always looking out for Teddy when looking for Quigley as I am sure a lot of people are.
- 2012-03-06 13:48 karen
- Just another thought; is Teddy being mentioned on Dogwatch? If she is ask them to bump it out again, as it covers all the Thames Valley area estates; stables etc.,Karen.
- 2012-03-06 13:44 karen
- Hi Teddy's mum; I have put a post via Quigley's Doglost page for a contact no:of Darren re-flyers. Hopefully he will text/ring your no:
- 2012-03-06 10:57 Teddy's Mum
- Thank you Karen, and everyone who hasn't put their name. Really appreciate your support! Need to get more flyers/posters printed. Will be in touch.
Question to you, don't really understand this social networking thing. Can anyone raise Teddy's profile on it or help me? Quigley has lots of Tweet things?!? Sorry if I sound silly everyone. xx
- 2012-03-06 10:51 Teddy's Mum
- Thank you Liz! It was a terrible day on Sunday. I was out around the Watlington car pack area but didn't see anyone. Thank you so much for going out in that awful weather liz and for emailing the policing teams. I have put and advertisement in the Bucks Free Press and Reading Chronicle which covers Slough, Bracknell also, just in case she has been picked up. Does anyone know this wonderful darren's number so I can get some postcard size posters printed for Teddy. xx
- 2012-03-06 09:07 karen
- Hi Teddy's mum, If you want more posters putting up around stokenchurch or watlington hill or replaced I can do this for you. I have always kept looking whilst out looking for Quigley. (The comment from HeidiH was also placed on Quigley's page a little time ago,try not to worry about it too much). I am up at Cowleze most early mornings too, and have your contact details on my phone, Karen.Last edited: 2012-03-06 09:10:59 by karen
- 2012-03-05 20:52 HeidiH
- Shereen-I believe you are incorrect.
Fly-posting without a permit is illegal under the Highway Act 1980, the Town & Country Planning Act 1990, the Anti-social Behaviour Act 2003 and the Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005. It makes an area messy and untidy. Most local councils have a zero tolerance policy on fly- posting. More information can be found at http://www.environmentlaw.org.uk/rte.asp?id=48.
Also, posters should not be pinned, stapled or nailed to trees as they can introduce infection to the tree and they also pose a hazard to workers who may need to fell or work on the tree in the future (when the remaining pins, staples or nails come into contact with the chainsaw chain).
In addition, Highway Authorities will remove posters & boards that are a hazard and a distraction to highway users.
Therefore, you will find that whilst people/councils are sympathetic to the reasoning behind the putting up of the posters, they may remove them after what they perceive is a reasonable length of time.
- 2012-03-05 19:33 Liz
- I have emailed Teddys poster to the PSCO and Neighbourhood Policing team covering Nettlebed and Watlington areas. I have asked them to keep an eye out for Teddy, drawn attention to the fact she was tagged and chipped. I have respectfully suggested that on their 'meet and greet/ have your say' sessions they might have missing dogs from the area posters on display. They might be aware of someone that has acquired a German Shepherd recently or seen something that might click.NH team is at Watlington Parish Council Offices tonight between 6-8pm. and PCSO are outside Waitrose in Henley on the 21st March between 1-2pm.. I think those are the next nearest sessions. I know that missing dogs are not a priority for them but I truly believe sites such as doglost could be a massive deterrent for stealing dogs and make it more difficult for them to just disappear. Whatever the weather I'm big and ugly enuff to take it !! :) We'll never give up. x
- 2012-03-04 18:58 Shereen
- Liz I agree horrible weather today...Thanks for going out in it.XXX
was speaking to one of Teddys mums helpers the other day regarding the posters that had been taken down.they need putting up again its the only way for sightings to be called in or if anyone has info they need a number to call.if they are taken down again then id put them up again,no law is being broken by doing so as long as they are not pinned to trees or obstructing the view of drivers!!
Come on Teddy where are you???
- 2012-03-04 16:44 Liz
- Wow, that was a cold wet snowy one. Managed a few hours tho :). Parked at Hill Road car park and walked up and through Shotridge and Blackmoor Wood, through to Northend / Turville Heath and back through turville park and queens wood. Plenty of posters of Quigley but only saw one unreadable one for Teddy. I will find out who the pcsos are for the area and email the poster through and one to the police that cover that area if you haven't done so. Also is it worth putting something in press re 'if you have been given, found, or sold in good faith a german shepherd (or indeed any dog)please go to a local vet and have it scanned for a microchip - it could be a much loved lost family pet'?
No sign of Teddy :(
- 2012-03-02 07:28 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Liz, will let you know as soon as i have heard back re sighting. I do know the people on the hill, and have obviously been to see them and given them a poster. Hopefully not the same dog as their property is fully stock fenced to prevent anything coming in or out, as I asked her to check her outbuildings. x
- 2012-03-02 07:24 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Denise, thank you for keeping an eye out Teddy also. i have emailed Doglost head office twice now this week with a new photo of Ted that clearly shows her coluring and markings, as she is quite a light little Shep and not like the standard black and tan. I will chase that. I have made a new poster myself and have it on email. Thank you! x
- 2012-03-02 07:19 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Liz, Hopefully we will meet on Sunday! That is a good idea of yours to email councils traveller liaison officers, I didn't even know such a person existed. I need to get out more! Town centre's and trading estates also good as Teddy may have been picked up by someone that evening of the 13/12/2011 on the Christmas Coommon road by someone passing through to High Wycombe or Reading. Can't rule out. Who knows Darren to ask him if he would mind!?! We are going to place an ad in the Reading Mercury, unless anyone can think of a better newspaper circulation? Great ideas Liz, thanks. xx
- 2012-03-01 19:46 denise
- I am so sorry calling Teddy he and not she, I was in such a rush so I do apologise. It goes without saying when I am out I will most certainly look out for Teddy. Does she have any markings that are unique to identify (Quigley has those 3 big black marks on his back) I have your number on my mobile so any news I'll ring you. Wishing you all the luck. x
- 2012-03-01 16:31 Liz
- Hopefully will get out again this weekend. May I suggest sending an emailed photo to the local and surrounding areas councils traveller liaison officers. Posters in nearby town centres / trading estates as well, as people travelling through the area to get to work may have seen Teddy but not walk in the area to see the posters. And leaflets through farmers doors / watlington park again. Perhaps Darren (bless his heart and don't want to take advantage of him) will kindly do some more durable posters like he has done for quigley? And I hate to say it but when you email people include highways dept, if there has been an accident, they should check for microchips but quite often I understand they dont. Saying that - take heart in the recent stories we've had on here - e.g Ruby - lost since November from Great Haseley and found in Bedfordshire, safe and sound and a little overweight! I will have a look at my maps and try to cover North End/ Watlingtojn/ Ickneild Way and or Ridgeway. Like I say don't know the area very well! And I probably passed Ken on Sunday morning, on the right hand side of Hill Road! I was the chubby blond girl with glasses who kept popping in and out of the bushes! Do you know the lady with the German Shepherd at the top of the hill - she was on a quad bike feeding animals in a field - when i saw her dog i wondered if that was the dog that had been seen. Might see you on Sunday!
- 2012-03-01 09:28 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Denise, Nice to hear from you! She is indeed a gorgeous, friendly loving little girl. I hand reared a litter of ten GSD puppies and she was the one I kept. She was crawling even before she had been towelled off!!! I saw that you are helping to find Quigley, when I went to his page. Quigleys mum and I are going to work together which is great as we can both keep each other going! I have eliminated sighting of Teddy at Crocker End as they turned out to be another dog which keeps getting out. The last possible sighting was on the 7th January at the bottom of Watlington Hill, heading towards the Icknield way. I have the persons mobile number now from Holly so will follow up and report back. We are going to ring/email all rescue centre's, vets in Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire and forward posters of Quigley and Teddy. xx
- 2012-02-29 08:13 denise
- Hi, I am so sorry to hear about Teddy, he looks gorgeous. I am helping in the search for Quigley and will keep an eye open now also for Teddy. Sorry, but I am just off to work so haven't time at the moment to read all, but are there any sightings near to Bledlow where Quigley has been seen?
- 2012-02-28 21:53 Teddy's Mum
- I have done a new poster for Teddy with a full size picture, which clearly shows her colouring and markings better. We have put new posters up around the Christmas Common/Picnic area/Hill road car park area as all old posters had been taken down. We met the Pet Detective guy at the weekend, who is working for Quigleys owners and he said that his posters had also been taken down in the Bledlow Ridge area. The Forestry Commission are also particular regarding items being put on their trees. I will be discussing this with them regarding our area as my husband does a lot of work with them!!!! xxxx
- 2012-02-27 09:29 Teddy's Mum
- Thanks Shereen. Do you think that I could ring Quigleys owners to get more information on the helicopter sighting? Getting desperate now for a way forward.
Thanks Liz. Will put up more posters at Hill Road car park.
- 2012-02-26 23:31 Shereen
- Recieved this Dogwatch report earlier...
2. Stray Dogs
One small black dog and one brown pointer sized dog, both with collars were spotted today, 26 February at 15.00 at Greenfield near Watlington. They were making their way towards Pishill and they both looked very tired.
Apparently these dogs are out all the time and a couple of weeks ago,one of Percys helpers ruled out the GSP as a possible sighting of Percy,they traced the owners of this dog....Im beginning to wonder if it was him who was sighted with Teddy that night...im going to see the owners tomorrow (not that they know yet)
1 to make sure they got back safely
2 to see if we can rule out any of these sightings
3 to see if they are really bothered about them being out
Just something to bear in mind.
- 2012-02-26 21:13 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Liz, Shereen, and everyone! Thank you for your time this weekend. Kenny walked the area to the right of Hill road this morning; he has ben working there recently also and been clearing shubland. No sign or foot prints. I cannot confirm the sighting of Teddy Liz from the helicopter. My husband walked fro miles around the hill road area, immediately after the sighting in the morning. We have also taken the horses out several times now around the Aston Rowant Nature reserve area and the Icknield way. What is now puzzling me is why the gentleman saw Teddy (supposedly with Percy) at 20.00 hours on the evening on the 13/12/2011. Now we are informed that it couldn't possibly have been Percy, yet the guy was sure that it was a chocolate Lab with a blue collar, and we have spoken to him. What is going on? Could Teddy have been picked up that evening, as she is very friendly and would happily jump into a vehicle. Any ideas? Wonder whether to contact an animal communicator, but they are not all working with lost dogs at the moment, suprise!!! Thanks again everyone! Please if liz or anyone is in the area again, the if you would want to, we would very much like to meet you and thank you and discuss any way forward for Teddy.
- 2012-02-26 18:43 Liz
- Walked the below route. Very busy at Hill Road Car Park. Did not see any posters of Teddy, only Quigley. Managed to speak to a lot of people. Lost count of the times I heard a rustle, went into stealth mode only to creep up sas style on a poor blackbird wrestling in the dry leaves with a worm. One important thing tho. The first thing I saw on leaving the car park, the property nearly opposite has a German Shepherd, older and chubbier looking than Teddy but now thinking that this could have been the dog that was sighted? Was the Hill Road sighting confirmed by the owner? As Teddy was definately seen with Percy at one stage, can we have a rundown of the potential Percy sightings in date order plus where Percy was found? Is it possible that she was with or trailing Percy for longer than we think? x
- 2012-02-24 12:57 Liz
- Thanks Shereen.I have a sorta route devised starting from the car park on Hill Road, heading towards Watlington then circling round heading towards Cookley Green / Russells Water heading back through Greenfield Woods and Queen Wood. If there's still light left and (my dogs willing !)I will also try and get down to Crocker End and search woodland towards Rotherfield Greys just in case (and in the hope of seeing Sooty)
- 2012-02-23 10:59 Shereen
- Liz, and anyone who is helping in the search of Teddy.On new info we have and with Teddys Mum checking out the Caught/sighted dog in Catslip Crocker End,We dont think that Teddy has gone as far a s Crocker End now,we really think it was the escapee all along.people hav identified this dog and seems to of been the same one every time,he actually looks quite different to Teddy which is how we now know this.
Teddy was sighted after the cctv footage time when we had a helecoper up looking for all Quigley by someone on the ground.This sighting was on the right hand side of Hill Road(as your going down the hill)in some scrubland.so I really think she is stlill there a dog would have everything she needs there and could survive easily without being seen for a long time.Hope this helps.
- 2012-02-22 20:27 Liz
- Also Teddy sought out little lost soul Percy, there is another lost dog in the area called Sooty (Rocky Lane Rotherfield Greys), she might be looking after that little dog, plus was the catslip boy getting out before Teddy went missing ?- if not Teddy might be the reason he was going walkabout if he could smell her.so maybe don't feel we should completely discount crocker end area. Will check site everyday for any info. Take care.
- 2012-02-22 09:25 Teddy's Mum
- Dear liz, thank you for your kind words,they do mean a lot to me and are a great help! I will find out where poor Percy was found as I can get my husband to speak to the chap from Nettlebed Estate who found him. I do believe that they were together so she will be lost and confused now, unless she has been picked up of course. xxxx
- 2012-02-21 22:28 Liz
- Hi Sam, I can't imagine the disappointment you must have felt... I think we have to go back to the last sighting you felt was positive i.e where she was seen with Percy on the CCTV cameras..... and do we know where poor Percy was found... they may have stayed together all this time... this is a wonderful site full of amazing people and I really hope it comforts you that you are not searching alone. Its just frustrating that I work and have to wait for the weekends to get over there. Keep positive. xxxx
- 2012-02-21 21:45 Teddy's Mum
- Hi Liz, this is Sam (Teddy's mum), I have at last sorted my login details - phew! Firstly, thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving up your time to look for Teddy, Percy and co. It is so very much appreciated and we cannot thank you enough. After Shereen saw and followed the German Shepherd cross that keeps getting out from Catslip, it was important that we confirmed and eliminated the possible sightings of Teddy. I had a call last Saturday at the usual time from the lovely couple who live at 10 Crocker by the green, who informed me that they had Teddy. We rushed over, only to find that the dog was the escapee from Catslip AGAIN! We questioned people in the houses there and showed them both photos of Teddy and Catslip boy and all said that the dog they had been seeing was Catslip boy. We qestion whether Teddy has indeed ever been there, so where do we go from here. Devastated to hear that Percy was found run over. Had been praying for a happy ending for both. So very sad.
- 2012-02-21 20:48 janiejewel1649
- Sorry to see Teddy is missing. All xd for his safe return.
- 2012-02-21 10:45 Jayne - Head Office
- Owner having trouble logging on but will be calling you shortly Shereen.
- 2012-02-21 10:26 Shereen
- Hi Liz,the owner was going to check out how credible this sighting in Crocker end was but ive not heard back from them...The las sighting on camara of Teddy was Christmas common the road that goes past the tree barn .it was halfway between the tree barn and the fox and hounds public house .Thanks so much for your help!
- 2012-02-20 19:51 Liz
- 2012-02-12 17:57 Liz
- Hello everyone. Spent all day today walking around Crocker End, Catslip, and all the footpaths and bridleways between there, Nettlebed, Bix ? Russels Water and also walked the stretch of main road from Nettlebed towards Henley. No sign. First girl I spoke to did not know about Teddy, but did say she had a German Shepherd and hoped that it wasn't hers that people had seen. Several cars parked up and people walking. Posters still present.
- 2012-02-12 16:29 Shereen
- Txt sent earlier to owner re this possible sighting...awaiting a reply
- 2012-02-12 10:59 Shereen
- We had a possible sighting of Teddy yesterday 12pm when a dog fitting Teddys discription approached other dogs at Crocker End.Lets hope this is Teddy!
- 2012-02-09 18:05 jansus
- I was just thinking the same thing. will be going through that area at the weekend - so will be keeping my eyes open for any sighting
- 2012-02-09 08:58 naturalwhitch
- any new sightings of teddy recently?
- 2012-02-04 16:36 naturalwhitch
- Come on teddy, time to come home before it snows xxx I will pop over that way in the morning if no news x
- 2012-02-04 14:42 angi
- fingers crossed for this lovely boy...and Quigley and Percy....what a result that would be!! xx
- 2012-02-04 13:19 Lesley21
- Everything crossed that he's found today, xx
- 2012-02-04 12:35 Jayne - Head Office
- Sighted today at 10.00am on the Green at Crocker end.
- 2012-01-30 23:37 Annie
- Could it be possible that dog 36679 on Dogs Found listed today is Teddy?
Have contacted owner to check it out. Last edited: 2012-01-31 00:04:51 by Annie
- 2012-01-30 19:44 janiejewel1649
- Fingers xd that this sighting is Teddy
- 2012-01-27 11:25 Shereen
- Have spoken to owner today and Teddy is in the Henley Standard this week,Also there was a sighting of a dog fitting Teddy's discription on Wednesday in Catslip the dog was skinny and soaking wet...this is the second time the dog has been seen,the time before that was on the 17th Jan in the same area.ill Bump her page due to press coverage and sightings.
- 2012-01-15 21:28 Liz
- Hello. Spent all day walking around Cowlease, Shirburn, Christmas Common, Watlington Hill, Ibstone areas with a pocketful of cheese in the hope of sighting Percy, Quigley or Teddy.Sadly no sign - but lots of people up there today and lots of people stopping and looking at the posters. I so admire everyone on this site for all your continous hard work. I will try and go up there again next weekend or whereever the sightings take us. Together we'll get them home. xxxx
- 2012-01-13 21:59 flaggbag, Area Co-ordinator Stroud
- come on teddy time you were home safe where you belong now
- 2012-01-13 19:23 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- She does look different but gorgeous. Come on Teddy, where are you?!!!!
- 2012-01-13 18:50 Shereen
- Bumped due to new photos being added to show Teddy in her true likeness.
- 2012-01-12 12:56 Fireside Friends
- Shared on Facebook
- 2012-01-11 13:16 karen
- Still looking out for Teddy whilst looking for Percy and Quigley everyday have taken a poster to Lewknor Blue Cross in case she was taken in.Karen
- 2012-01-08 01:01 bazil
- Oh do hope these 3 are all home soon, good luck to everyone who is helping to find them x
- 2012-01-07 21:10 jobadger
- I hope these babies are home soon. xx
- 2012-01-07 14:30 Shereen
- 90% positive Sighting of Teddy today during the search for Quigley/Percy and Teddy!!!
- 2012-01-05 22:48 jansus
- It would be wonderful if these three dogs in this area could be re-united soon. fingers crossed.
- 2012-01-05 20:21 Shereen
- I was in the woods tonight on a search for Teddy Percy and now Quigley...im sure I heard Teddy bark,and there was a possible sighting of Percy at approx same time by someone else in the same woods!
- 2011-12-28 18:35 Shereen
- Just contacted Teddys owners...there hve been no news or sightings...ill make another Dogwatch report now to say shes still missing...local pounds are very aware of Teddy.
- 2011-12-21 22:57 bazil
- Come on Teddy get yourself home sweetie and take Percy with you x
- 2011-12-19 22:36 Shereen
- Yes NickyJ thanks for looking out!
- 2011-12-19 22:22 NickyJ
- Is this still Christmas Common that they've been poss sighted tonight? I should be walking around there tomorrow so shall be on the look out.
- 2011-12-19 21:48 Shereen
- Were pretty sure there was a sighting of teddy at about4.45 tonight caught on some security cameras,it was almost dark by then so not 100% Percy was with her we all got into the area and I stayed to look around but no sighting...pretty sure this is a regular time/route...we will see overnight as this is less than a mile from home.
Spent the day in the area and we think we know the area she could be so fingers crossed we can find more evidence!,stay safe Teddy.XXX
- 2011-12-17 20:17 Shereen
- No news today but will be back out looking whenever we are passing.everybody in the area is aware so lots of eyes peeled.
- 2011-12-17 17:09 Shereen
- Thanks Lizzy date corrected!
- 2011-12-17 15:47 janiejewel1649
- Hope Teddy will be found soon along with the Chocolate Lab (The little monkey`s) who seem tol be on an adventure together. Fingers xd for their safe return.
- 2011-12-17 14:03 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Is the 'date lost' correct??
- 2011-12-17 11:00 Puddies
- at least they are not out on their own and have buddied up, lets hope Teddy brings her new friend home for tea!
- 2011-12-17 09:36 Lankeela
- Not my area but have put on fb - I have a soft spot for Sable Shepherds! Hope she is home soon and brings Percy with her.
- 2011-12-17 09:06 Jayne - Head Office
- Poster emailed to helpers in RG9. OX9,39,49. HP14.
- 2011-12-16 23:53 Shereen
- Met with owner yesterday,we will be holding a search tomorrow as we are Looking for Percy (33612) and it is believed they are together.Have emailed advice and scenting instructions to owner.Stay safe you two and go home or let us find you!
- 2011-12-16 23:09
- Sorry to see that TEDDY is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.