Lost: Blue With White On Chest Whippet Female In South East (PO9)
- Dog ID 34018
- Status Lost
- Registered 02 Nov 2011
- Name BLU ONE THOUSAND POUNDS REWARD
- Breed Whippet
- Gender Female
- Age Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour blue with white on chest
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars white blaze, looks like a whippet cross as stocky
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 01 Nov 2011
- Where Lost HAVANT Hampshire
- Lost In Region South East
- Lost In Post Area PO9
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Blu has been missing 1 year today. Please call if you have any information regarding her whereabouts. £1000 REWARD
- Phone 1 02392837281
- Phone 2 07986330592
- Reward? 1000 pounds
- Listed By julie
- Views 14426
- Followers 1
- See more dogs Lost in PO9
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-01-21 22:57 cavvie lover
- just seen this on Alfies lost dogs facebook page re info below about a blue whippet found sadly dead it said contact Emily Bowen
Animal Welfare Officer
Winchester City Council
Tel: 01962 848 350
E-mail: email@example.com for info on the deceased dog :-(
- 2013-01-21 18:58 julie
- Is there any chance the finder can look at Blu's picture and see if the white markings on her chest are similar? Thanks Julie x
- 2013-01-21 13:31 Just Jackie
- I've just read this on facebook, posted by Scruples Whippet Rescue, hope it's not, but could it be Blu?
I received a call today to say a dog has been found dead in a ditch close to the Roebuck pub in Wickham, Hampshire.
The finder has buried the dog so it has not been collected but the description is a young blue whippet. They do not know if it is male or female.
There were specks of white on the muzzle and side. No collar, unknown if chipped.
Please contact Valerie Rothlisberger-Jones if anyone missing such a dog.
- 2012-11-21 09:39 mathers22
- I've put him on facebook again for a bit of extra publicity. Hope he is soon back where he belongs. Good luck xx
- 2012-11-21 08:19 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Bumping Blu's page for her CMW advert. Fingers crossed for you Julie.
- 2012-11-20 17:13 julie
- Thank you so much for putting Blu in the countrymans weekly-fingers crossed we'll get that all important call!
A lady e mailed a picture of a whippet found on her farm in wales but unfortunatly not Blu. Thank you jewelstar for the link we did see this previously and the dog was found before Blu went missing. Thank you foggy, sadly not Blu.Thank you Liz000, Battersea dogs home and everyone else who still keep an eye out for her. Meeka, I looked at Maggie and she is the spitting image of Blu. Hopefully one day they'll both be home x x
- 2012-11-08 15:32 Abbalish
- The dog at BDCH in Windsor was brought in from Hampshire but was chipped and tattooed to owners who gave her up
- 2012-11-07 23:44 Liz000
- Hi I know it says grey hound but thought just incase. In battersea dogs home. http://www.battersea.org.uk/applications/dynamic/?id=19988&
- 2012-11-02 20:28 jewelstar
- just found this dog on a sight, the link is below, found it when looking for something else even though ages ago, I do hope you find her whereabouts soon xxx
- 2012-11-01 22:04 foggy
- Hello there, I have just seen a post on facebook regarding a female whippet/greyhound found, she is registered here on doglost, her number is:4451 she was found on the 29th October in Malton North East, it says she is a blue bitch whippet/greyhound/saluki, she is 26inches high. The telephone number to contact is 44754306290. I really hope this is a positive lead for you and I hope you find ur little lady very soon x
- 2012-11-01 18:46 Meeka, North Hampshire Area Co-ordinator
- Hi Julie so very sorry that you have heard nothing bout your lovely Blu, so like my Maggie now missing for nearly five years and never a day oes by without us thinking of them, fingers crosed you have success with your advert.
- 2012-11-01 16:45 julie
- Thank you for your help I have just put an advert on the site, fingers crossed!
- 2012-11-01 14:54 PaulaK
- Put ad on dogs for sale page Julie - sorry ravenette I reported your post to block from view as "they" also look on here so dont want them becoming cautious
- 2012-11-01 14:30 julie
- Hi, just looked at the website. Would you advise putting the add under dogs for sale or is there a section for missing dogs?
- 2012-11-01 11:24 ravenette
- 2012-11-01 09:27 julie
- Thanks Angus I have just added it
- 2012-11-01 09:20 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- Julie - please add the chip number to Blu's record - it will flash up as Missing / Stolen if anyone uses the new Halo scanner
- 2012-11-01 08:58 julie
- BLU HAS BEEN MISSING 1 YEAR TODAY, PLEASE CALL WITH ANY INFORMATION- REWARD IS NOW £1000
- 2012-07-29 08:14 julie
- Our home number isn't working due to a house fire on Wednesday. Mobile numbers are still working.
- 2012-06-01 17:19 julie
- Blu has been missing 7 months today, we will continue to look for her and hopefully one day she will come home x
- 2012-04-28 15:57 Lynda
- I've now relocated but often checked Blu's post before I did and it's sad she's not been found and also that no updates have been made :(
- 2012-03-12 20:11 Charlotte
- Went to Dogs Trust again and unfortunately I haven't been able to see the dog. Turns out though that the little blue whippet wasn't the stray found in Ruislip after all, but was a little whippet sized lurcher named petal. I'll keep an eye out in case I see it again, but it's not where it was last time and i havent seen it in the rehoming kennels. possible it may have belonged to a carer or been rehomed already. SorryLast edited: 2012-03-16 00:40:02 by Charlotte
- 2012-03-04 08:51 julie
- Sorry Charlotte was a mistype I called Harefield but the lady wouldn't give me much info, she asked me if Blu was rough or smooth coat and I said smooth and she then said she didn't think it was Blu. I asked her to look at pictures on dog lost and facebook, she said she would but I haven't heard anything. Please can you try and get a photo or video footage. Many thanks Julie
- 2012-03-02 22:57 Charlotte
- Oh, this is the Harefield Centre in west london. Don't think there is a dogs trust in Herefordshire, was that a mistype?
- 2012-03-02 21:44 Charlotte
- Hi, so sorry I didn't see this the other day I was just there yesterday and saw the dog again a little more up close. The dog does have some white on it's chest but it was lying down in a basket and was very fearful and it didn't stand up so i still can't confirm on gender or whether the marking is just like blu's, tho I think someone said it was called Petal so still assuming it's female. I'm still sure this dog was the whippet found as a stray before xmas in the Ruislip area, it spent the 7 days with the dog warden so assuming it has been micro-chip checked. I can't access the area where she is but I can try and get a video or take a pic on my mobile when I go again next thursday if the carers don't mind. Last edited: 2012-03-04 01:19:28 by Charlotte
- 2012-02-28 14:55 julie
- Dogs trust Herefordshire said they didn't think the dog they had was Blu, Charlotte can you get any more info or a photo please?
- 2012-02-28 14:53 julie
- A medium has suggested Blu may have been sold on to someone who lives on a houseboat. Does anyone know if there are houseboats around Ross on Wye, Herefordshire. Please if you have any contacts in Wales can you ask?
- 2012-02-26 16:14 Lynda
- Still Tweeting her page but see there's been no update so wonder if the sighting below was ever followed up ?
- 2012-02-16 20:40 Charlotte
- Hi, thought it might be worth mentioning- Dogs Trust Harefield have a grey (blue) whippet, I think it is female, assuming my friend was pointing at correct dog it was found as a stray in the Ruislip woods, no owner was found, I assume no micro-chip and I know it states Blu is chipped. I saw her today (not up close though), she was wearing a red coat so can't say if she has any white. A fellow volunteer said she was found before xmas. She is not on the website, she is very nervous apparently.
- 2012-01-31 08:02 julie
- 2012-01-31 07:25 julie
- PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE KEEP LIKING AND SHARING BLU'S FACEBOOK PAGE...HELP FIND BLU, SOMEONE SOMEWHERE MUST KNOW WHERE SHE IS X
- 2012-01-26 18:52 heidi
- Sorry to hear Blu is still missing, will certainly keep watching out and we send you all our best. Kim and Ian - Kent
- 2012-01-24 16:04 julie
- just been to see a whippet in Bournemouth which was advertised on pre-loved and gumtree but unfortunatly not blu. Please keep sharing Blu's facebook page....help find blu. She has been missing 12 weeks now :(
- 2012-01-06 18:42 Lynda
- Still looking out for her and Tweeting out updates.............I really hoped she'd be home for Christmas :(
- 2011-12-29 15:15 CP
- Reading how Blu went missing so suddenly, is there a chance she could have fallen down between rocks or clefts in land, where she was being walked? Or could she have chased some wildlife down a hole? Having borne in mind the various sightings, are these definite recognitions or could they be mistaken sightings as can happen. Could it well be that she is still fending for herself in a restricted area (due to injury) of where she went missing?
- 2011-12-29 10:33 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in The Countryman's Weekly magazine. Good Luck
- 2011-12-23 14:01 julie
- Please keep sharing and liking Blu's facebook page, helpfindblu thank you x
- 2011-12-12 17:16 Neighbark
- You are living a true nightmare, I hope it soon ends for you and your family. God Bless the little dog in the barn.
- 2011-12-08 11:24 Vizsla55
- God bless little whippett, sleep tight xx. So hope you are reunited with Blu, check every day for updates on this beautiful girl. We have everything crossed here in Cheshire. All our love xxx
- 2011-12-08 10:08 julie
- Rspca scanned dog all over several times but no chip found, no collar on dog either. I wish I knew who this poor dog belonged to. RIP little whippett x x x
- 2011-12-08 09:34 julie
- Had a call last night from a man who is demolishing a barn in Fishbourne, he found the body of a dog which he thought was a whippett.
Just been to see it with my next door neighbour and it is a whippett but badly decomposed, no fur just skin. I didn't look but Alan (next door neighbour) collected it and the RSPCA are going to come and scan it to see if he/she has a micro chip. Think it's too decomposed to be Blu but who knows? And it is in area of sightings x
- 2011-12-07 13:17 Jayne - Head Office
- Information received that blu is in Ross on Wye area...and that her microchip has been removed. Posters emailed to helpers in HR2,3,4,5. NP7,8. LD2,3.
- 2011-12-06 21:55 Whippetlover
- Hi Julie. Sorry that you haven't got Blu back yet. How come you think she is in Herefordshire? Have there been some possible sightings?
- 2011-12-06 20:29 julie
- POSSIBLY NOW IN THE HEREFORDSHIRE AREA PLEASE LOOK OUT FOR HER.
- 2011-12-02 13:26 julie
- Just called and it's not her, thank you everyone for still looking and sending possible leads, thank you scruples whippett rescue for the call too x x
- 2011-12-02 12:38 mumstaxi
02 Dec 2011
Markings: white on chest
For further details call 0845 241 7253 (local rate)
to amend, email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our ref and full postcode, attach picture if available
long way away and aw say grey maybe worth checking in case blue taken from area x
- 2011-11-26 17:18 Lynda
- Gutted to hear this as you were so close earlier in the week. Each time I sign in to check up and that red bar at the top comes up my heart sinks.....
I do so hope you find her safe 'n 'sound X
- 2011-11-26 06:56 julie
- Blu hasn't been sited since Tuesday morning by Lorraine's husband, bedding and food haven't been touched. Nigel and his friend went out last night and looked for her with night vision goggles but no sign. She may have moved area? x
- 2011-11-25 08:58 julie
- we have not had any sightings for 3 days, hopeing she is still in the area x
- 2011-11-23 21:34 julie
- thank you zeffi x
- 2011-11-23 21:10 julie
- We now have night vision goggles but no sign tonight . We have set up cage, food etc in a nice quiet area. We were worried that a travelers dog which roams was being mistaken for Blu but it's a black whippet and much bigger. We left ham and sausages last night but they wern't touched. Going to keep going at dawn/dusk with freshly cooked hot sausages so they are still smelly. Also planning bbq for weekend. Need to speak to the land owner ref camping but he was kind enough to let us put bedding/feeding station there x
- 2011-11-22 22:38 zeffi
- Fingers crossed for you and Blu tonight. Good luck, hope to see her in the Reunited side tomorrow. zeffi xx
- 2011-11-22 22:03 julie
- Another sighting in Prinstead this morning near the orchard she had previously been spotted in. It's nice and quiet there so today we found out who owned the orchard and he let us put a dog crate in a quiet spot off the pathway under an apple tree, we covered it in clear plastic-secured with cable ties and tied the door open so it doesn't blow shut. Put her bedding in, some of our smelly socks, ham, sausages and water. Scented the area and walked our other whippet around the area. Then dribbled mackrel around it. Hopefully she will find it x
- 2011-11-22 20:07 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Still circulating Blu on twitter with placenames of sighting.
- 2011-11-22 18:20 kayr
- Have bumped it up on pertsmouth retired grey page as well good luck I know from helping Heather what its like looking for them hope your sightings are good ones xx
- 2011-11-22 17:27 Meeka, North Hampshire Area Co-ordinator
- Great Julie, the more publicity the better. So pleased she's been seen lots but it might be an idea to ask people not to try to catch her as this might spook her into running off and you want her to stay in one area, just let her come to them and if she doesn't so be it for the moment - gently, gently catchy doggie! You're doing great
- 2011-11-22 08:05 julie
- blu is in the local newspaper today x
Last edited: 2011-11-22 08:06:48 by julie
- 2011-11-22 08:05 julie
- 2011-11-22 08:05 julie
- 2011-11-22 08:05 julie
- 2011-11-21 19:32 julie
- I have spoken with dog lost ref trap but we need to get her going into an open cage in a sheltered area with her bedding, food and some of our smelly socks and scent the area first. We we're unsure where to put this as there had been lots of sightings recently in warblington(much busier) and we thought she had moved away from prinstead- approx 5 miles appart.So pleased she's being spotted at prinstead, we're now going to put the bedding and feeding station where our neighbour spotted her this evening as it's nice and quiet and there have been three sightings of her there now-all at dusk x
- 2011-11-21 19:19 julie
- another sighting saturday morning by the scout hut in prinstead from the lady who first spotted blu
- 2011-11-21 19:11 Whippetlover
- Both Poppy and Whippet (the whippet) - both whippets! were caught recently using a trap. Perhaps somebody on DogsLost can lend you one or give advice on where to get one?
- 2011-11-21 18:16 Lynda
- Oh my ,you're so close................I hope later on tonight she's home once more in the warmth !!
- 2011-11-21 18:03 julie
- My next door neighbours saw blu at approx 5pm this evening in the orchards at Prinstead, Blu would always go to Diane for biscuits but when Diane called her she run. Nigel is going there now with a big lamp.Another lady Diane spoke to today said a man tried to catch a whippet that was running in the same orchards yesterday but couldn't.
- 2011-11-20 20:13 Gillian
- That's good because it corroborates what the other lady said to you yesterday about spotting her there. Hope Blu stays around the area now - will make it easier to catch her if she's not continuously moving around! x
- 2011-11-20 18:35 julie
- A friend called this afternoon to say she met her dad for lunch today and she told him about blu and he said he saw a dark grey whippet on its own a couple of days ago in the woods behind warblington, he said there were some ladies with some other dogs and he asked them if the whippet was theres but they said no. Now that he is aware of Blu he is going to look out for her x
- 2011-11-20 09:19 julie
- Thank you Nicky for great advice, the three areas she has been spotted are approx 5 mileas appart and although we have been senting the areas we're not sure which area to put bedding in?
- 2011-11-20 09:16 julie
- Thank you to everyone who was out looking yesterday especially the ladys who came fron London and Hindhead with their whippets to help.I had a call from a lady yesterday who thinks she saw Blu on Friday at around 11-12 in the afternoon, in the wooded area behind Warblington church. We have searched the area but if you are in that area please keep a look out.
- 2011-11-19 20:06 Nicky
- Great news that so many people are aware. I was advised to walk other same household pets in the sighted areas regularly, and plant food, and a blanket of bedding. I was told not to try an approach, as dog would run. I thought I knew better, and that our dog would not run from my voice, but I learnt that the experts know better. My dog did run form me, and kept running from everyone. The bedding we planted is where my dog nested, and ate the food left, and because of this stayed in one area, where smells were familular to her. And stayed long enough to finally be caught 16 days after we lost her. I hope that helps you. If you plan getting a team of people together to search one day or evening on the next sighting, let me know. Ill try and get some people there to help.
- 2011-11-18 18:41 julie
- Thanks Nicky, we have spent the last two days searching the areas she was spotted in Emsworth/ Prinstead/ Chidham but no sign and no more sightings, we will keep looking and spreading the word until we find her. Everyone we talk to now seems to know about her and we're even meeting walkers with spare leads in case they see her x
- 2011-11-18 18:17 Nicky
- Julie are there any updates on Blu? I received an email today advising she was lost from DogLost. I have already texted friends in Emsworth, and they are out looking. Posters are so important. I helped a friend find a dog in cornwall recently, and the more people that know about her in the local area, is what proved most valuable. Just stay positive. Nicky
- 2011-11-17 17:05 julie
- Been out since 6am and no sighting, My partner and his friend are still out looking. Our other whippet is exhausted after all the extra walking!
I spoke to the local Newspaper today and looks hopeful they are going to run a story...fingers crossed x x
- 2011-11-16 20:46 julie
- Another call from a lady this evening who spotted blu yesterday at 4pm in Chidham, at Farm Lane by the livery yard called 'Farm Lane Livery' she said it was by the harbour, Southbourne. She was playing with her dogs but when she tried to grab hold of her she galloped off, then returned to play again and then galloped off again. The lady said she looked quite skinny but in good form.
- 2011-11-16 20:35 julie
- Thank you Meeka for all your advice, we are on a major mission to get her home!! x
- 2011-11-16 18:57 Meeka, North Hampshire Area Co-ordinator
- Good to chat with you this evening Julie, you are all doing a fab job, your perserverence will hopefully pay off so keep at it. Try the scenting and let all the other people helping you in your search knw what to do if she's seen, nice and low, no eye contact and a bit of wimpering. Good luck and I'll call you again in a couple of days but hopefully she'll be home snug as a bug by then.
- 2011-11-16 18:26 julie
- Thank you so much Zeffi, I called the chichester dog warden last night and will call the harbour master tomorrow x
- 2011-11-16 18:25 julie
- My partner, Mum,Dad, Brother, Next door neighbours and some friends have all been looking in the Emsworth area today. A lady walking 3 dogs also thinks she saw blu yesterday and she was playing with her dog but wouldn't come to her. Lots more people are aware in the area now about Blu so fingers crossed x x x
- 2011-11-16 17:27 zeffi
- Posters given today: at Southbourne: Farm Shop, Co-op, and petrol station; one put up on a footpath at Prinsted (saw the one by the harbour walk).
At Thorney/Emsworth: Deck Cafe at Emsworth Yacht Harbour (used by walkers too); Thornham Marina - marina office, and Boaters Bar & Restaurant; 2 posters given to the military checkpoint on Thorney Island.
I told everyone I gave posters to that she'd been seen yesterday at Southbourne/Prinsted.
Hope she'll be home soon. x
- 2011-11-16 13:06 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- further alerts sent out to helpers local to Emsworth
- 2011-11-16 11:14 zeffi
- Hi Julie, sorry you had no luck last night. I'll try to get some posters out around Emsworth/Southbourne way. Don't forget to contact the Chichester Dog Warden as if it was her she's in their area now.
It might also be worth getting in touch with the Chichester Harbour Master's office / Chichester Conservancy (covers all of Chichester Harbour), as people may still be going out/working on boats and might see her. The phone no. is 01243 512 301.
Good luck, zeffi x
- 2011-11-16 00:10 bazil
- Hope Blu is found safe very soon x
- 2011-11-15 21:37 julie
- Had a sighting of blu this afternoon at Prinstead, Emsworth, West Sussex on the path which leads from southbourne farm shop to the shore, please can anyone in this area look out for blu and poster if possible.
- 2011-11-15 20:07 Scrappy2010
- Come on Blu, show yourself. Weather is starting to get cold now, and you really need to go home girl. x
- 2011-11-15 19:13 julie
- The lady saw her on the footpath that runs alongside the farmshop, next to the co op. The footpath heads down to the shore at prinstead
- 2011-11-15 19:11 julie
- It's pitch black and very difficult to see anything despite having a lamp and whistle, no luck yet x
- 2011-11-15 17:57 Jayne - Head Office
- Please twitter....and share.
- 2011-11-15 17:47 Gillian
- Really hope this turns out to be Blu and you can get her home xxx
- 2011-11-15 17:30 julie
- Just had a sighting in Prinstead,Emsworth, West Sussex, lady telephoned and said it looked just like blu and was playing with her dog. It was on it's own and wearing a brown leather collar-just as blu was. My partner is making his way there now but if you have any volenteers in this area please can they be informed, many thanks Julie
- 2011-11-13 22:03 julie
- Thank you Kayr and everyone else for all your support. Please like and share blu's facebook page so that we can spread the word further. I'm convinced someone has her as she seems to have just vanished! We will never give up looking and spreading the word, https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindBlu
- 2011-11-13 11:32 kayr
- Have posted this on portsmouth retired greyhound fb page also shared on my fb page
- 2011-11-11 14:32 julie
- Thanks Zeffi, we will give anything a go to get her back! , julie
- 2011-11-11 08:40 julie
- have now created facebook page for blu please help me spread the link below, thank you julie
- 2011-11-11 08:39 julie
- 2011-11-10 17:20 zeffi
- Hi Julie, so glad there's been a possible sighting. On some other threads for missing dogs I've seen it advised to cook sausages or similar tasty (to dogs) food on a small disposable type barbeque in the area where they've been seen. Maybe if you did something like that that along with the whistle she'd come? zeffi
- 2011-11-10 08:36 julie
- Thank you so much Zeffi and thank you whippetlover for your advise, I will set up a facebook page for Blu. A facebook friend's dad thought he saw Blu on Sunday at Broardmarch so we have been scouring the area early morning and evening in case she's hiding in the undergrouth. When she was a puppy we always blew a whistle when feeding blu and when she hears it she comes in a flash, so we have been blowing that, but no joy yet, julie
- 2011-11-09 17:58 zeffi
- Gave posters to Havant FC, Wyevale Garden Centre in Bartons Rd, also the Pets Corner concession and Maidenhead Aquatics both at Wyevale.
Posters given to Igloo Pets (New Lane), Wickes Extra, Pampurred Pets (Havant), the news and sweets kiosk at Havant Bus Station, and Havant Dog Grooming, where the very kind lady said she would add Blu's details to her website (not sure if other website names are allowed on here) as well as displaying the poster.
Hoping Blu will soon be back home where she belongs. zeffi xx
- 2011-11-09 12:29 Whippetlover
- Hi Julie
I think it might be an idea to set up a facebook page for Blu in order to start spreading the word further afield.
If you are not already on facebook yourself, then you will need to register first and then create a fan page for Blu.
Please see my posting on Zak's page for tips on how to create a fan page once you have registered (apologies if you already know!)
Hope Blu is found soon.Last edited: 2011-11-09 12:30:31 by Whippetlover
- 2011-11-08 08:49 julie
- I will do that today, thank you for advise
- 2011-11-08 08:43 Jayne - Head Office
- Have you tried putting a poster up in the royal mail sorting depot as postman know avery dog on their patch and are the first to notice new dogs appearing.
- 2011-11-07 20:18 julie
Have contacted Highways Agency, Network rail and police who all said no reports of any dogs in the area. Blue was being walked in Bedhampton at 6.30pm off her lead in a field, she suddenly vanished and was spotted fifteen minutes later running towards Broardmarsh / Havant Area. No sightings since. Have postered Bedhampton, Havant, Leigh park, Langstone, Hayling Island. Friends have put some up in Southsea, Emsworth, Bosham and Chichester.We also put flyers up around local traveler sites.Have put flyers in doors in Bedhampton, Havant and Langstone. Posters in shop windows, supermarkets, vets.Contacted local dog wardens , vets, called and visited rescue centres. Advert in local Evening newspaper and local free newspapers. Pleas on local radio stations.Shared links with all my facebook friends. Walked with our other 2 dogs in surrounding areas searching bushes and walked the edge of the bypass.She seems to have vanished.Any sugestions really appreciated
- 2011-11-07 19:30 doggie-spot
- Hi, will put posters in vets and shops tomorrow,North End area. and will give them to a friend tomorrow who lives in Havant to hand out to fellow dogwalkers.
- 2011-11-07 17:32 zeffi
- Hi, sorry to see Blu is still missing. Whereabouts in Havant was she lost? When she was seen running towards Havant, where was she running *from*? Where have posters gone already? - I'll try to get some out tomorrow if I can, or Wednesday if she's still missing.
Not wanting to be gloomy, but have you contacted the Highways Agency and Network Rail?
- 2011-11-07 17:11 Lynda
- I sent a Tweet out in the PO7 area and also emailed her page to a pal in Hayling.
- 2011-11-07 16:36 Whippetlover
- There doesnt seem to be much activity on Blue's page. How is the search progressing?
- 2011-11-07 16:36 Whippetlover
- There doesnt seem to be much activity on Blue's page. How is the search progressing?
- 2011-11-05 14:06 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- ALERTS GOING TO HELPERS IN POSTCODE AREAS PO1,PO10,PO11,PO18,PO2,PO3,PO4,PO6,PO7,PO8,PO9
- 2011-11-04 18:13 julie
- Hi Vicky, anywhere in Hayling is good as she was often walked there, many thanks for your help x
- 2011-11-04 17:57 Vicki84
- Hello, I have handed out to some local businesses on Hayling. I will also pass them out to fellow dog walkers on the billy track tomorrow...please let me know if there is any area you would like me to focus on. I hope we find her!x
- 2011-11-04 17:55 julie
- thank you so much for your help we really appreciate it x
- 2011-11-04 17:48 Jayne - Head Office
- Thanks...due to upgrading our hosting ie...need more space on the internet...a few technical problems have landed with us...as always we will sort them out and do the mailings out to local dog owners...in the meantime..do press share button...and as always Whippet peeps will spread the word..Tx
- 2011-11-04 16:38 rachelhayball - Area Co-ordinator Dorset, Devon and South Somerset
- Julie, one of our Volunteers (Scruples Whippet Rescue) are out looking for her. Please give us a shout if we can help in any way. xx
- 2011-11-04 08:34 julie
- Please, please please can you print a poster and display it. We are missing her so much. Have contacted vets,dog wardens, rescue centres, flyers in doors, posters. Local radio station did a plea and there was a sighting of her at 6.45 on 1st November running very fast towards Havant. Very fit and fast could be anywhere by now. Someone may have picked her up. Looks like a whippet cross as stocky- very friendly. Any help gratefully appreciated my 2 year old daughter is so upset and keeps calling for her, julie x
- 2011-11-02 09:16
- Sorry to see that BLU ONE THOUSAND POUNDS REWARD is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.