Lost: Golden Cocker Spaniel Female In Central (LE6)
- Dog ID 33167
- Status Lost
- Registered 02 Oct 2011
- Name GENIE
- Breed Cocker Spaniel
- Gender Female
- Age Adult
- Colour golden
- Tail Docked
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 25 Sep 2011
- Where Lost Ratby,Leics
- Lost In Region Central
- Lost In Post Area LE6
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info
- Phone 1 07708 013595
- Phone 2
- Reward? YES
- Listed By Jayne - Head Office
- Views 4023
- Followers 2
- See more dogs Lost in LE6
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-08-22 11:48 bazil
- Here is a link for a Cocker Spaniel at Strayaid in Durham. Looks very similar. I have text owners. Good luck x
- 2012-07-11 07:55 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine.
- 2012-01-12 13:52 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- DogLost has been highlighted well in todays Leicester Mercury with an interview by Shereen our Oxfordshire Co Ordinator. Hoping it brings some news of currently missing LE dogs.
- 2012-01-04 08:08 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine. I hope it brings some news.
- 2011-12-01 16:12 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Was interviewed today by BBC News Leicester about the rise in missing dogs. The link is http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-15967587. Do hope this brings some good news soon.
- 2011-10-28 19:42 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Unfortunately the cocker in Norfolk wasnt Genie, a different microchip. Owner wants to thank everyone on DogLost for keeping a look out for Genie and says what a great support it is. They just want her back so badly. There has been no sightings and nothing at all to go on, she disappeared in a blink of any eye. Please has anyone anymore ideas?, owner doing everything possible to bring her home.
- 2011-10-28 13:58 Jayne - Head Office
- South Norolf council have rung re a similar dog in a local vets...have put owner in touch.
- 2011-10-21 16:27 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Email from Genies owners today letting me know they have put out posters offering a reward for safe return (no amount stated). Also the Dog Grooming Parlour in the next village have offered to post onto their facebook which might be useful. I know that she is still very concerned about travellers as she says she was chatting to a dog walker who knew of someone who had bought a JR puppy from travellers in this area in the last month.
- 2011-10-19 08:09 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in The Countryman's Weekly magazine this week. I hope it brings some news.
- 2011-10-12 21:06 Reynard
- As there are no sightings this would suggest she was picked up, please add REWARD (no value ) to the poster .
Make her 'Too Hot To Handle!',,,,,,,,,,,,,,advertise , Radio etc & Poster, it is recommended up to a 30 miles radius if at all possible
- 2011-10-12 16:53 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Email from Genies owner today.,She is trying everything advised and going out everyday, morning, noon and night to the areas around where she went missing looking for any signs or sightings but no luck so far. She thanks DogLost for their great input and support. Come home safely Genie. Last edited: 2011-10-12 16:56:07 by Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- 2011-10-05 16:27 snowdrop - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Have put a lot of posters up today you cant fail to miss them. Spoke to a couple of dog walkers who said that they would keep their eyes open, one has taken a poster herself who has a lot of family in the area. Went to put a poster in local co-op - one already there. good luck xxx
- 2011-10-05 11:38 snowdrop - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Shared on facebook.Going to walk my dog in Ratby later with Ellie have printed posters to put up. Lets hope you get some news xxx
- 2011-10-03 22:28 DonnaB
- Ears and eyes open, will get some posters printed in the morning, hope she is home safe and well soon.
- 2011-10-03 15:08 Jayne - Head Office
- Sorry for delay...on catch up now as broadband went down for 3 hours....Poster e mailed to helpers in le1,3,4,6,9,12,19,67.
- 2011-10-03 13:32 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Have put Genie on twitter + will circulate.
- 2011-10-03 11:17 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Picture now on can email alerts go out now please
- 2011-10-03 10:06 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Will get back in touch with owners this morning to chase a photo so we can get alerts out.
- 2011-10-02 17:59 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Barney n Ozzies mum - I would estimate about 15 miles as the crow flies from where Pip (33160) is missing and other sides of the M1
Thanks Ashmark for changing chip details, owner has contacted chip company.
- 2011-10-02 17:45 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Is this anywhere near where Pip (33160) has gone missing from?
- 2011-10-02 17:43 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Thank you Ellie I have changed details to show she is chipped.
- 2011-10-02 16:55 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Spoken to owners. Genie went missing out on a walk. She was wearing a collar but no tag. She is microchipped (says not on details). They have alerted dog wardens, police and other authorities etc. She is described as being very pretty. There were travellers in the area but have no evidence they have taken her. They are going to put a photo on as soon as they can and I am emailing them information template and contact numbers.
- 2011-10-02 15:45
- Sorry to see that GENIE is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.