Lost: Brindle (brown) & White Whippet Cross Female In South East (GU31)
- Dog ID 33113
- Status Lost
- Registered 29 Sep 2011
- Name PEPPER STILL MISSING
- Breed whippet cross
- Gender Female
- Operation Spayed
- Age Older Adult
- Build Small
- Colour Brindle (brown) & white
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged Yes
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 27 Sep 2011
- Where Lost Rogate,West Sussex
- Lost In Region South East
- Lost In Post Area GU31
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info September 27th 2012- One year ago today our darling Pepper went missing. Not a day or night goes by without me thinking about her- where she is, who has got her etc. Despite some possible sightings over this year we have received no firm sightings of Pepper.I miss her so very much !!! XX Pepper went missing on 27th September from Rogate in Sussex whilst staying at "grannies" for a holiday. She may try and make her way home to her family in Liphook, Hants. SIGHTED IN 7 POINTS BETWEEN CHARLTON A
- Phone 1 07920794765
- Phone 2
- Listed By Tracy
- Views 12496
- Followers 3
- See more dogs Lost in GU31
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-01-14 19:13 mistynsashasmum
- Come on Pepper be seen again darling I am always on the look out for you.
Stay Safe poppet xxxx
- 2012-10-29 13:48 Tracy
- Once again a very big thank you to you all. XX
- 2012-10-17 14:01 mistynsashasmum
- Ah my heart skipped a beat thinking there might of been another sighting of Pepper in the Goodwood area.
Never the less this is as good a news as any I am sure Tracy will be pleased to see what you have done Sue by advertising her.
Come on Pepper we know you are out there somewhere and it is long overdue for you to go home.
Stay safe poppet xxxx
- 2012-10-17 09:18 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine.
- 2012-09-27 20:18 mistynsashasmum
Pepper will always be on my mind and I to like ravenette will never give up looking for you.
Pepper is on my mind as if she were my dog.
Keep strong Tracy you never know when you might that all important call via her chip.
Stay Safe Pepper Darling xxxx
- 2012-09-27 20:10 Lilybear
- What a wonderful mum you are, I pray your sweet girl Pepper is safe and that one day soon you are reunited. I am many moons away in the South West but will share Pepper with all my friends far and wide. Fingers and paws crossed. Sending love out to you Pepper. Keep safe. Good luck and best wishes to your search team.Last edited: 2012-09-27 20:13:53 by Lilybear
- 2012-09-27 11:35 ravenette
- We are still looking out for Pepper wherever we go, especially around the Goodwood area xxx
- 2012-09-27 10:22 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Pepper has been missing for one year today. Please still look out for her.
- 2012-09-26 13:58 mistynsashasmum
- Dear Pepper nearly a year now where did you go darling?
Please go home.
Stay safe xxxx
- 2012-05-12 15:31 Tracy
- Thank you one and all. XX
- 2012-05-12 13:45 ravenette
- Posters replaced at 7 points. Had a good look around but didn't expect to see anything anyway as it was quite busy seeing as it was the first decent day for weeks!Hope she is making her way back to Goodwood, will get up there early next weekend xx
- 2012-05-11 12:07 mistynsashasmum
- I am gutted I have been out and about last evening and early this morning looking out for the dog I spotted yesterday running through the field but alas no sign.
Also the posters were taken down I think that our tidy team must of been out yesterday and with the posters being the old ones I think they might have thought they had been up sometime now as they are usually very good at leaving up to date posters about anything in place.
This is a team of people who actually go round the town ect picking up the rubbish people leave behind they do it on a regular sort of basis.
Oh well I will leave it until Sunday or so to do some more.
Come on little doggie show yourself again.
- 2012-05-10 18:24 Jan S
- Fantastic that that you have had a possible sighting Janet, keeping everything crossed for Pepper. Will pass on the update to my family in Petworth, they are often around the Goodwood and Midhurst area.
- 2012-05-10 12:53 mistynsashasmum
- Hi Ravenette
I will home after 5/30pm have to work this afternoon.
I am hoping D/Lost will update the posters with possible sighting in the GU29 Area so I can put new ones up around here.
- 2012-05-10 12:43 ravenette
- Excellent news Janet! I will be keeping a close look out at Goodwood this weekend, the posters up there need replacing so I will do that on Saturday. So hoping this is Pepper and that we get more sightings as it has been so quiet of late. Will phone you later today xxx
- 2012-05-10 12:20 Suziewoo
- Really hope this is Pepper and that she is finally ready to come home! xxx
- 2012-05-10 12:15 mistynsashasmum
- Sorry I forgot to mention this is the GU29 Area
I also went out to search the area I had seen the dog but alas it had gone to ground as they do I will and I promise you Tracy as I said in our phone call go out with Misty this evening and have a good scout around the area I saw the dog.
I need to start focusing on other things now to take my mind off things as you know.
All fingers and paws crossed here.
Stay safe Pepper we are all still looking out for you promise xxxx
- 2012-05-10 12:06 mistynsashasmum
- This morning 10/05/2012 at around 9/30am I had a possible sighting of a dog somewhat fitting Peppers description running through the field that backs off Bepton Road Allotments and near to New Pond in Midhurst just off from the Midhurst Common the dog looked very dirty from what I saw of it.
Now if this is Pepper from where she went missing (I know the place and from what I saw and where I live) it would make perfect sense that she could even be making her way back to Goodwood Seven Points View (hence no sightings there for a while) could this be the triangle they are known to do?
I have spoken with Peppers owner Tracy to ask and make sure it was alright to contact you to see if we could have updated posters with this possible sighting on then we can reposter all places needed with updated details.
- 2012-05-05 20:21 ravenette
- Still looking out for the lovely Pepper. Will be replacing the posters at 7 poi nts view xxx
- 2012-02-24 20:27 ravenette
- I know it's hard Tracy, but it really is a waiting game as we need sightings to establish that Pepper is still there and to make plans to catch her, but on the other hand we are not likely to get many as she will only be around first thing in the morning to get food and at dusk and there is hardly anyone around the Trundle/ Chalkpit Lane then.If she just stays in the fields around where she is holed up then sightings will be very rare indeed as that area is inaccessible to us humans! I am up there at least four times a week looking around for her as is Janet and of course there is Helen from the rubbing house. Fingers crossed that we get some positive news soon xx
- 2012-02-19 15:21 Tracy
- No news. The phone hasn't rung once :(
- 2012-02-18 20:39 mistynsashasmum
- Any news Tracy?
- 2012-02-17 20:54 ravenette
- Good to see Pepper's story is in the paper. Had a look around the area yesterday and will be up there tomorrow morning. Hopefully we will get another sighting soon xx
- 2012-02-17 13:38 mistynsashasmum
- I repostered around this area Tracy also put new updated ones in the vets as well (when I took Gusto's posters in)
- 2012-02-16 19:03 mistynsashasmum
- Lovely to see the story of Pepper in the local paper now everything crossed here for some news.
Come on Pepper be seen darling and stay safe xxxx
- 2012-02-15 08:34 Jan S
- Great news about the paper, have you ever tried to get her story on local radio ?
Getting ambitious now !
- 2012-02-14 20:55 mistynsashasmum
- It is a case of being there at the right time even my husband and son look out every day now and it is wonderful to get Pepper in the paper to make more people aware.
COME ON PEPPER BE SEEN STAY SAFE XXXX
- 2012-02-14 16:06 ravenette
- That's great Tracy! The more people that are aware the better. Hopefully we will get more sightings called in now. Still going up there three or so times a week and looking around as is Janet, Helen from the Rubbing House is looking out most days as well bless her xx
- 2012-02-14 11:49 Tracy
- Dear all, Have spoken to the Midhurst and Chichester Observer. The story should be in this weeks paper !!!
- 2012-02-12 18:12 Jan S
- Thanks for keeping us informed Janet, I only wish I was nearer to assist you.
Hope you will have more luck in the week, think it should be a bit warmer anyway.
- 2012-02-11 14:08 mistynsashasmum
- Jan S ravenette and I met up today but honestly there are so many people up there that there would be no way Pepper would show herself as she will be so feral by now she will keep low.
I am though hoping to take a couple of mornings off work in the week soon and get up there really early and watch as you can see for miles around and hopefully being on a week day it will not be so busy.
ravenette it was lovely meeting and your dogs and husband and having someone to walk and talk with (even though a bit icy and cold)
I think getting Pepper in the paper now is a wonderful idea so lets hope they go with it as I certainly feel sure Pepper is holed up there where ravenette thinks she is the perfect place really.
Stay safe Pepper xxxx
- 2012-02-10 21:15 Jan S
- So glad you have contacted local papers I do hope they give Peppers story good coverage.
Very good luck for tomorrow, so hope you will have some success.
- 2012-02-10 20:36 mistynsashasmum
- Hi well done Tracy we will all keep our fingers crossed.
ravenette I will be there ok
Come on Pepper one more sighting would be really great.
Stay safe now darling xxxx
- 2012-02-10 17:11 Tracy
- Hi everyone, Have contacted the West Sussex Gazette and also the Chi & Midhurst Observers. Will let you know how we get on. X
- 2012-02-09 19:31 ravenette
- Hi Janet! i will be there around 10ish, we have a red Honda CRV and a white GSD and a Weimy in a blue coat! we usually park in the first carpark at the Trundle, should be a bit warmer by then I hope x
- 2012-02-07 20:05 mistynsashasmum
- Ravenette how about Saturday morning if you name the time I will be there with Misty she is fine with other dogs and people and she has loved going up there when we have been.
- 2012-02-07 19:50 ravenette
- Happy to meet up with you Janet to have a look along chalk pit lane - but I cannot do evenings as I live in Bognor and don't have use of a car whilst hubby is at work and he doesn't get home until 7 or later! How about a morning this coming weekend? I think getting the local press on board is a brill idea something along the lines of Pepper is still trying to find her way home.....sighting at Goodwood in Oct and 2 since in Jan. Try the West Sussex Gazette and the Chi and Midhurst Observers. Will be up there Thurs am xx
- 2012-02-06 21:30 Jan S
- Hi Tracey, I really think it would be worth trying as many local papers as you can. If they mentioned her when she first went missing that is a while ago now (sorry to rub it in) so people probably won't remember and need reminding. You need a sympathetic reporter that will tell the story in a way to catch peoples attention. There is a paper called 'Petworth pages' which my son in Petworth gets, did you get her mentioned in that ? Try them all, you have nothing to lose. You'd think local papers would be only too pleased to have a story to print. What about local radio stations ? Leaflets to local schools ? ALL vets for miles around !..........sorry to overload you ! Just thinking of all the things I'd try to do in your place. Very best wishes to you.
- 2012-02-06 21:08 mistynsashasmum
- Ravenette do you by any chance go up to Goodwood early evening as if you do I could meet you any evening this week now except Friday it would lovely to meet you and I could bring Misty with me as well and she could have a sniff around.
- 2012-02-06 19:22 Sherlock Bones-POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- Hi Tracy... that's me... sorry for not being around lately, really busy with "proper" non-dog work... drop me an email on email@example.com and I'll see what I can do to help xxx
- 2012-02-06 18:48 Tracy
- Hi Jan, We placed her story in a local paper when she first went missing. Alas we didn't get any calls!! Thank you so much for re-sending her info to your friends etc. Janet and Ravenette have been real support as have loads of people on face book.
Please take a look at her facebook page and share with as many people as possible . The link is :http://www.facebook.com/HelpFindPepper.
Could someone please tell me who our dog lost co-ordinator is for this area. We would love to have some info / support.
Thanks again to everyone for your continued support. And thank you for "bumping" her back up the list. XXLast edited: 2012-02-06 18:49:38 by Tracy
- 2012-02-06 16:22 mistynsashasmum
- Jan S what an excellent idea about the trying to get home story.
- 2012-02-06 13:31 Jan S
- So pleased Peppers details have been brought forward. Tracy can you not get her story into some local papers ? Surely her journey to find her way home to you would touch so many people and make them aware of her. Given that she could be anywhere over a wide area, though we hope she is at Goodwood, that is the best way to get more coverage. Have you tried sending details to ALL local schools and some not so local. I've re-sent her details to all friends and family round the area, just in case they are assuming she is found. Everything crossed that you will have good news soon.
- 2012-02-05 15:14 mistynsashasmum
- I am wondering with the activity that is going on for Pepper if it is possible to have her profile raised on here and bumped up as it would help to have a co-ordinater post some helpful hints (so to speak)
- 2012-02-05 14:33 mistynsashasmum
- Tracy I know they travel in a triangle route so to speak as this is what I have read on posts before not quite sure how it works though (lets hope some one on here knows more about this and posts on here to let us know what to do) I will re-poster Midhurst tomorrow and get a new poster down my vets as well updated ones I mean just in case Pepper does re-surface in Midhurst again.
Hoping though that this is Pepper at Goodwood and that she stays there to be seen again and then I will be more than willing to help with a feeding station.
Last edited: 2012-02-05 14:36:40 by mistynsashasmum
- 2012-02-05 11:33 Tracy
- If we look at the possible sightings we have had.
2 Ryefield cottages ( near Durleigh Marsh )
We have a possible triangle. I have plotted this on a map but unfortunately cannot paste it on this site. Again this is only a possibility and as she went missing from Rogate I would have thought that if moving in a triangle she will make her way past where she went missing from ??
- 2012-02-05 09:10 mistynsashasmum
I know exactly what you mean about Badgers and Foxes ect that is why it would be best to hang around a while after putting the food down I know they only mainly come out at dawn and dusk and like you if the dog has moved on unless we get a another sighting somewhere it would be more than difficult to know the triangle route.
Also as you say there are so many people around that area every day I will get my thinking cap on again unless anyone reading these posts has any ideas please post on here all ideas welcome right now.
Come On Come On Pepper Show Yourself Please and Stay Safe Darling xxxx
- 2012-02-04 20:56 ravenette
- We were up at the Trundle this am, there was a large group of ramblers walking around cp lane as well as other walkers. I don't really think we can expect any sightings with so many people around, this dog is probably only venturing out at dawn and dusk now. If it has moved on and is travelling in a triangle as they often do - then I am wondering where else it goes? Helen from the Rubbing House also mentioned leaving food down, but it would be difficult to know who had eaten it with so many foxes and badgers around! Hoping to get back up there tomorrow xx
- 2012-02-04 20:07 mistynsashasmum
- Hi Tracy I know it would mean every day at the same time but also if the dog got used to this we could then set a trap at some point maybe as this might be the only way now to catch him/her (but hoping all the same it is Pepper)
I just thought the evenings are getting a little lighter and once the food was put down whoever put it down could maybe wait and watch for a while.
I could do any evening around 5pm but never on a Friday as I go over to my mums and do her house work (she is in hospital at the moment, though I still do it as my dad is at home) also I have to do a hospital run in the week and either a Saturday or Sunday at the weekends to take my dad in to see my mum as he is wheelchair bound and does not drive but I can swop around with my brothers for an evening if no-one else could do it (go up to Goodwood I mean) surely we could work something out between us all! that still gives me 4 evenings to spare and when my mum is back home I will be even more free to help. Just thought I would let you know what I can do if needed.
Stay Safe Pepper xxxx
- 2012-02-04 15:04 Tracy
- Hi Ravenette. I know exactly where you mean. We walked through it last weekend. Agree an awful lot of scrub, thorns etc. Agree that the cover is very dense and 4 of us could not see any access points,trails etc.
Janet-- I hear and completely understand your view point re: feeding station. My only concern is that we would need to do this regularly-- same day every day and I am conscious that people have work and other committments and therefore it will not be consistent etc.
Do we assume that with all the posters around and no new sightings that the dog may have moved on? Having said that, if it is Pepper I know she will not come out when people are around. A difficult one to call.
- 2012-02-03 20:56 mistynsashasmum
- I have to work tomorrow and a hospital run to do as well.
I am wondering if it might be possible to set up a feeding station to keep the dog there.
I am free Sunday morning though I could bring Misty along with me again if you think that might help.
- 2012-02-03 20:36 ravenette
- Both Helen and myself can only think that the dog is holed up in area that goes off of Chalkpit Lane as there is a lot of inaccesible (to us!) cover in there. Tracy, if you walk up the lane,once you get the past the ridges on the right,the lane now has fields on either side and not to far down on the right there is an area that goes right back with trees and lots of scrub and bushes,the lane is a sun trap in the summer and even in yesterday's freezing temperatures we were feeling slightly warm!still plenty of rabbits around too. Will be up there again tomorrow am, will you be there Janet? xx
- 2012-02-03 15:54 Tracy
- Hi Janet -- please say a big thankyou to your hubby. Hope he has had his thermals on!!
Ravenette -- where do you think this dog is holed up? There is alot of cover so just wondering if there was any where specific you were thinking of.
- 2012-02-02 20:53 mistynsashasmum
- Ravenette we posted at the same time if you think you have an idea where this dog is holed up do you think it might if possible maybe an idea a BBQ one evening? you never know if it might lure the dog out
- 2012-02-02 20:47 mistynsashasmum
- Hi Tracy and ravenette just to let you know my husband is working in the Goodwood, Lavant, Charlton Singleton and surounding areas all day Friday 3rd he will park up for his 45 minute break around the Goodwood area and has promised to keep an eye open for the loose dog (lets hope it is Pepper)
I have asked him to text me if he sees anything at all fingers crossed.
Stay Safe Pepper Darling xxxx
- 2012-02-02 20:46 ravenette
- We walked up Chalkpit Lane this morning from the Old Lavant end and bumped into the lovely lady from the Rubbing House, she has been up there a few times and has looked around the place where we think this dog is holed up. Called on the lady in the village and gave her a poster, I am going to ask if they will put a poster up in the little pub as that backs onto the Goodwood Estate. Will be up there again on Sat am and hopefully it will be a little warmer then! Stay safe sweet Pepper xx
- 2012-01-31 22:25 Tracy
- Hi to you both. Thank you for all you are doing. Working long hours means that at the moment i am very limited to doing any thing like you both. You both deserve a medal for your commitment and caring natures. Lets hope we get some news soon. X
- 2012-01-31 20:43 ravenette
- Nothing to report either really, will be going again Thurs am and hopefully the woman I am trying to get hold of in Old Lavant will be in then! Am not really concerned about the lack of sightings as when a dog turns feral it does not want to be seen!it's just a matter of one of us being there when she decides to venture out, other people may be seeing this dog but just assuming that it has an owner somewhere! We just need that one confirmed sighting xx
- 2012-01-31 19:46 mistynsashasmum
- Nothing to report.
Did you have any luck ravenette?
I wonder if the dog out there has moved on?
The posters are fairing well at the moment still readable anyway.
Come on Pepper if it is you show yourself again girl.
Stay safe darling xxxx
- 2012-01-31 09:12 Jan S
- Good luck today Janet, So hoping you will have some success.............two layers of thermals I think ! At least x
- 2012-01-29 19:37 mistynsashasmum
- ravenette that will be great if you go am on Tuesday and I go pm that covers times that a dog on the loose might be around if you know what I mean (I did not get there today as I had a hospital run) you know it does make a lot a sense that it might well be Pepper if she has done this triangle thing they do (sorry but do not really know much about it or how far roughly the triangle would be) as from the direction she went missing if she went across the fields she would have gone up over the back of Cocking Hill and as the crow flies it really is not many miles for a dog but we as humans think of it as going by road which is not what a dog would do please correct me anyone if I am wrong as I am bit useless with directions.
Lets pray with all the posters around the dog if it is Pepper is seen again soon.
Come on Pepper please show yourself and most of all Stay Safe Darling xxxx
- 2012-01-29 19:08 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Pepper's facebook page is
Please like and share
- 2012-01-29 18:30 Tracy
- Dear all, We went with friends this PM. Alas no sightings but great to see so many posters. Thank you everyone for your continued support. X
- 2012-01-29 16:44 ravenette
- Was unable to get to Goodwood today but will be there Tues am. You may well have passed me mistynsashasmum, I have a weimy that was wearing a blue coat and a big white fluffy gsd! So hoping that we get some more sightings soon, if this dog is holed up where I think it is then it is well sheltered from the cold, also lots of rabbits around as the estate is having a cull because the rabbits have been digging up the cow and sheep fields and causing probs on the golf course! Did you get down there today Tracy?xx
- 2012-01-28 18:43 mistynsashasmum
- Your welcome Tracy and ravenette it is good to have you on board all thoughts and any advice welcome.
- 2012-01-28 16:50 Tracy
- Thanks Janet. Got your text. Hope you are not too cold and the hubby has looked after you !!!! You have both been such support and I am so grateful for your help. Let's hope that if it is Pepper she decides to be brave and show herself. XXXX
- 2012-01-28 16:18 mistynsashasmum
- Might I add how cold was it out there remind me to wrap up wamer next timeLast edited: 2012-01-28 16:22:40 by mistynsashasmum
- 2012-01-28 16:00 mistynsashasmum
- ravenette I put the updated poster on the Trundle gate right at the top and also postered the car park down where the ice cream man parks all footpaths done along the road heading toward Charlton and also Singleton main notice board as I headed home. Yes there were so many walkers and runners around this morning and also a shoot going on around that area.
Misty and I walked and watched over the area for four hours and I drove to different places and walked and watched I also did notice the posters were the older type but did not have enough to replace them though.
I am going to go over again when it may be not so busy like Tuesday afternoon early evening.
ravenette I wonder if we passed each other at some point as I was around walking and talking to dog walkers until early afternoon with a big black and white Collie.
I am really hoping now with all the posters that are up that it will bring some good news
Just to say also it would make sense if Pepper took off in that direction she could well be around that area.
Come on Pepper give your up and lets get you back homeLast edited: 2012-01-28 16:07:39 by mistynsashasmum
- 2012-01-28 15:56 Tracy
- Thank you so very much for all your help. It is so appreciated and I am so very grateful for all you have done. Good point about the poster! We will be going up there tomorrow. X
- 2012-01-28 14:59 ravenette
- I was up and around the Trundle and Chalkpit Lane this morning, there was an awful lot of people around so not a day to expect any sightings. I have spoken to Goodwood Estate office and they have informed the racecourse,the farm and security, also spoke to a very concerned, helpful girl at the Kennel Club (Golf Club)who will be emailing members; sent them both posters. Called round to one of the houses in Old Lavant that backs on to the lane and left them a poster, they are going to ask around and suggested I speak to a lady in the village who is always out and about the area with her dogs - I will be seeing her tomorrow. Nice to see an updated poster on the top gate of the Trundle path, but it might be best to say *sighted at the Trundle 7 points view and Chalkpit Lane, Goodwood* so that people are aware they are in the area of the sightings, Charlton and Mid Lavant are a few miles either way and there has been no sightings there! Hope we get some more sightings very soon x
- 2012-01-28 07:31 Jan S
- Good luck today, got everything crossed for you x
- 2012-01-25 18:59 mistynsashasmum
- Thanks Tracy I will do that and yes I am mindful it might not be Pepper but whoever it is needs to be caught as I say for its own safety.
- 2012-01-25 18:51 Tracy
- Hi Janet, The lady said it was approx 10:30 she saw her. She thinks it could have been Pepper, but we need to be mindful that it may not be her.
I think it would be a great idea if you could go up there on Saturday. If you have the time ! Thank you---- as always. X
- 2012-01-25 18:35 mistynsashasmum
- Tracy I know you said you are keeping your feet firmly on the ground with this sighting of the loose dog around Goodwood but when you spoke with the lady that saw her/him did she say what sort of time it was as my husband Ray saw a dog on the loose last Wednesday around 9/30am and if this lady has a time she saw the dog I will go up to the Trundle that gives a fairly good view and walk the walk with my Collie Misty on Saturday as I am free all day and will keep a watch over the area.
This is the best news of sightings we have had.
How sure was this lady that this could of been Pepper?
Misty is a freindly placid Border Collie and I can let her loose as she has a really good recall and is also very good at sniffing things out of bushes ect This is just a thought and well you never know what might what might happen as who ever this dog is we know it is running loose and needs to be caught for its own safety.
What do you think?
Stay Pepper xxxx
- 2012-01-23 20:16 mistynsashasmum
- From the sightings out that way Tracy it seems she is staying around that area I am happy to meet with you at the car park near the race course sometime over the weekend to have a look around if you wish you name the time I will be there Ray my husband thinks it was around 9/30am he saw her not too sure how you would go about catching her though so if anyone reading this could give any ideas they have on her posts for us that would be a great help as she will be a bit ferral by now but just to spot her would be wonderful
- 2012-01-23 20:14 Nina
- Have emailed Rolls Royce, a couple of B&B's, Weald and Downland museum and a sign makers in the hope that they will show an interest.
- 2012-01-23 20:03 Tracy
- oh my goodness. Fingers and toes crossed that it was her!! Thank you all again for your support and help.
- 2012-01-23 19:49 mistynsashasmum
- Jayne I did put some up there and on the view point at Goodwood near the Trundle but I will do it again tomorrow or Wednesday afternoon again will never give up looking for this girl for her Tracy we have done so much to try to find her when she first went missing and we know she is out there somewhere
- 2012-01-23 19:28 Jayne - Head Office
- OOh mistynsashasmum would you be able to persude them to put some posters up? A good homebaked cottage pie would normally do the trick! Men dont they just forget to tell you the important things!
- 2012-01-23 19:16 mistynsashasmum
- Hi Tracy my husband and son work for the local council and go over Goodwood Hill to work every day I have asked them to keep their eyes peeled on their way to and from work then my husband pipes up and said he saw a dog on its own Wednesday morning last week the opposite side of the road to Chalk Lane running through the field.
Please let this be Pepper
Stay Safe Pepper xxxx
- 2012-01-23 11:37 Tracy
- Hi Nina, Thankyou for your messages both VM and on here. We alerted the West Sussex Dog Warden when she first went missing and the estate office is also aware. We need to be mindful that it may not be her and therefore I am trying to keep both feet firmly on the ground. As you know it is a difficult time not knowing what has happened to your beloved family member and I need to stay "grounded" to keep the stress levels under control. Thank you for your support and very kind words. I hope we have some good news soon. X
- 2012-01-23 09:33 Nina
- If Pepper is in the area where sightings have been reported there is plenty of cover, rabbits and game to keep her there. Good luck in your search.
- 2012-01-23 09:26 Jayne - Head Office
- Amended poster emailed to helpers in PO18,19,20.
- 2012-01-23 09:22 Jayne - Head Office
- Seven points is between Charlton and Mid Lavant.
- 2012-01-22 19:06 Nina
- Hi Tracy this is fairly local to me. Bot able to get out and search but am available for info about the area if needed. Dont forget Goodwood estate is a very large area. Places to cntact would be West sussex Council Dog warden. Goodwood estate offices and Goodwood race course. Weald and Downland museum. The villages of Charlton and Slindon. Rolls Royce company have a factory at Goodwood. Goodwood has its own airfield with planes flying on most days.
- 2012-01-22 18:35 Tracy
- We have had another possible sighting of Pepper at 7 points in Goodwood yesterday. We have been over today and spoken to the lady who contacted us. Will keep everyone posted if we have any news. X
- 2011-12-25 10:46 Tracy
- Thank you Riverlady. X
- 2011-12-24 22:28 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Have put Pepper + will circulate.
- 2011-12-23 13:07 Tracy
- A kind person from Facebook has just posted this on Peppers site.
I have just watched Peppers video and been reminded of a dog we saw on its own at 7 points view at Goodwood Trundle. This was late sept or early oct. We had parked in the first car park looking down chalkpit lane and saw this dog walking up on its own from a distance I could see it was close haired black and white and initially I thought it was an underweight staffie. The dog was definitely on its own as there wasn't a soul around so I got out the car and went to it - but when it saw me it turned off and disappeared into woodland
- 2011-12-22 20:59 Tracy
- We are getting alot of interest in Pepper via facebook now. Please visit her page and share the link with as many people as possible. The page is called = Pepper - Lost Dog - Please help me get home.Thank you.
We have had a call this evening from someone who thinks they may have seen Pepper in Chithurst today. we will go and investigate. X
- 2011-12-17 22:46 Tracy
- 3 months and we still have no news. We Will never give up on our darling Pepper. I love and miss her so very much. X
- 2011-12-15 20:35 mistynsashasmum
- Come on Pepper show yourself Where are you????
Please go home for Christmas darling but most of all Stay Safe Poppetxxxx
- 2011-11-23 21:41 janiejewel1649
- Sorry to see Pepper is still missing. Fingers xd and will pray really hard for her safe return. Come home Pepper, where you belong,with your rightful owners.
- 2011-11-19 21:25 Tracy
- Hi Zeffi i am delighted that lily has been found that's such good news. I am not doing too well as missing Pepper terribly. It's the not knowing that is so difficult and i cannot believe that she has not been seen which makes me think she is out of our area. I Will contact the new forest dog warden Just in case. Having her home would be the best Christmas present ever. X
- 2011-11-19 21:16 mistynsashasmum
- Zeffi thanks for the info I just wish we had a sighting to go by I have text Tracy about this also.
Well I do not have to look out for Lily now but we also have Flossie JRT missing from Petworth around here as well.
COME ON PEPPER PLEASE BE SEEN DARLING YOU NEED TO GO HOME NOW.
Stay Safe girl xxxx
- 2011-11-19 19:51 zeffi
- Hi Tracy, so sorry to see that Pepper is still missing. Lily JRT missing from PO18 was found on Wednesday at Totton near Southampton. May be worth your contacting the New Forest Dog Warden about Pepper? When I was collecting Lily's posters, someone told me about a German Shepherd which had been stolen and was recovered at Totton. Good luck, and I do hope Pepper will be home soon.
Ref the silver Golf, for more info see the page for Smudge 33544 where a similar vehicle was involved. May be a link.
- 2011-10-30 17:18 mistynsashasmum
- Hi Tracy yes I know about this car and have been telling all the people I have been meeting out on my travels with my dogs and it is so suprising the amount of people who refuse to believe this is going on I can only do my best by telling them oh well.
I have been racking my brain as to what we can do next to try to find Pepper so disheartening no-one has seen her and yet she is out there somewhere.
Please Pepper show yourself.
Keep Safe Pepper Poppetxxxx
- 2011-10-30 16:09 Tracy
- Please be aware for a silver coloured VW Golf Part registration similar to MV10. This vehicle was seen in the vacinity of a theft of 3 dogs in the Petersfield area on 20/10/11. 3 Jack Russell Terriers and a Brindle Lurcher were stolen. One of the Terriers was later found nearby, the Lurcher and a white coloured Terrier are still outstanding.
It is believed the same vehicle was seen in the Matterley Bowl on the A272 earlier in the day and then driving across farm fields later the same day in the Tadley area.
Northern area Country Watch
Petersfield Police Station
Further to this notification I have contacted the above and notified them of Pepper missing.
- 2011-10-29 20:59 mistynsashasmum
- I have now renewed the Midhurst posters today as well I see the Granaries still have theirs up I forgot to check Budgens but next time I am in there I will check it for you but you know while doing them so many people ask about her that is why it is so strange no-one has seen her and yet so many many people know about her.
I will keep up putting them up and pray that one person in the right place at the right time makes that call we are waiting for.
Keep strong for Pepper Tracy
Dam fireworks this evening so Please Stay Safe Pepper Poppet xxxx
- 2011-10-29 19:10 Collieboys
- Thinking of you Tracy and still hoping and praying that Pepper will soon be home ,have passed her info onto friends also in Hampshire to look out for her .Stay safe Pepper xx
- 2011-10-29 11:42 Tracy
- thanks Janet. I had a phone call today from someone from milland parish council asking if we had found Pepper and if we would be taking down her posters as she had seen quite alot of them. She was very nice about it when i explained we hadn't found her yet so we do not plan to take them down at the moment.
- 2011-10-28 21:15 mistynsashasmum
- Hi Tracy I renewed the posters in Petworth tonight will do the ones in Midhurst tomorrow.
Keep Strong for Pepper xxxx
- 2011-10-26 19:57 mistynsashasmum
- Tracy you are right in what in what you are saying about what has been done she is known now far and wide I even gave a flyer to an RAC man who was parked along the side the road on my way to Petworth and anyone I see or speak to are happy to take a flyer I keep some in my car and when people stop and read the poster I have in my car window I then offer them a poster even out as far as Pets at Home in Chichester.
I even remind the postmen ect that she is still missing so many people know that it is so soul destroying not to get a sighting so we know where to start. I have driven round for hours and miles looked in so many fields with sheep in case she might be with them (as Mick the Greyhound that went missing from here was found in a field of sheep bedding down with them) but all ideas are welcome from anyone.
COME ON PEPPER WE KNOW YOU ARE OUT THERE SHOW US WHERE THOUGH PLEASE POPPET and Stay Safe Darling WE WILL FIND YOU XXXX
- 2011-10-26 16:24 Tracy
- We have put posters up over to Petworth, Emsworth,Hartings Vista Point and further a field this includes pubs,restaurants, shops etc.We have been giving out flyers, attending dog shows, putting ads in Papers etc. Pepper also has her own facebook page and people have been sharing the link to spread the word. We have contacted vets from all over the region, my "roadie" equine vets and farrier have posters in their vehicles as well as a mobile dog shop supporting our search and we have contacted numerous resuce centres. The West Sussex and East Hants dog wardens are aware as are the RSPCA and Battersea dogs home. We have also logged her details with " petlog".
Our local dog lost helper ( Janet ) has been brilliant in supporting us to do all of the above and more. We have driven around country lanes, main roads etc and still with all the above no -one has even seen her.
It is fantastic that we have such support in the form of peoples comments and offer of support on this site. I think it is invaluable and means so very much.
Thank you to everyone for your help in spreading the word and looking out for our little girl. We miss her terribly and just want her home.
Tracy ( Peppers mum ) X
- 2011-10-26 15:22 Berties Family
- I have friends in Havant who have been made aware of pepper missing, try postering a little further afield - ie midhurst and petworth if you have not already - it follows a stream on google maps..there is a lot of greenery which she may be hiding out in so if you aer out and you see dog walkers , stop and pass posters
- 2011-10-26 13:31 Tracy
- Hi Janet,
Thank you so much for all your help ( as always ). I have been to the location of the possible sighting -- but alas nothing. I have put more posters up in that area today.
Also a big thank you to Colliboys, dingyfing , Zeffi, Belinda & Jan S --not forgetting the Dog Lost Co-ordinators-- for all of your comments and support- it means so much XLast edited: 2011-10-26 13:57:21 by Tracy
- 2011-10-25 23:00 mistynsashasmum
- I too find it hard to understand how no-one has seen Pepper all those posters even to people far and wide at the dog show all the publicity I just cannot believe this at all anyway I will reposter as I said and will also check the ones I put up around Petwoth on Friday when I am out that way (also Flossies posters)there are so many people far and wide that know about Pepper what else can we do?
Once again Stay Safe xxxx
Tracy you know I am only a text message away
- 2011-10-25 21:04 Jan S
- I have sent her details on to family in the area and asked them to pass round to everyone they know. Bless her she looks gorgeous, I do hope you will get some good news very soon.
- 2011-10-25 20:33 Tracy
- thank you thank you thank you ! It is 4 weeks today and i find it so difficult to believe no one has seen her.
- 2011-10-25 19:38 mistynsashasmum
- Tracy I going to reposter this weekend as I see some of the ones I put up have run so will take them down and put fresh ones up.
I saw the one in my vets yesterday and thanked them for displaying it (had to take the Guinea Pigs down for general check up and pedicure)I told them when PEPPER WAS FOUND I would let them know.
Come on Pepper darling PLEASE GIVE US A CLUE WHERE YOU ARE.
Stay Safe Poppet xxxx
- 2011-10-25 16:20 Collieboys
- Im in Hampshire and am keeping eyes and ears open for Pepper,thinking of you and your family .Hope and pray Pepper is soon safely home x .
- 2011-10-24 23:17 Tracy
- dear all. Thank you for your kind words of support. Janet - no bad news but no good news either. Will keep you posted. Please everyone can you do your best to spread the word about our darling Pepper. Thank you. X
- 2011-10-24 20:02 dingyfing
- I hope you find Pepper, I will pray for you xx
- 2011-10-24 20:01 mistynsashasmum
- Tracy your last post saying that you;
Will go and have a look but remain realistic ( but hopeful) that it was not our Pepper!!
Oh dear I hope this does not mean bad news!
- 2011-10-24 19:16 mistynsashasmum
- Hi Tracy and Zeffi I am still on the look out for Pepper Lily and Flossie from Petworth but no luck so far
Good luck everyone and Stay Safe all you girls out there until you are found xxxx
- 2011-10-24 16:01 zeffi
- Hi - hoping you find your Pepper soon.
While you are looking for her, could you please keep an eye open for Lily JRT missing from Up Marden since 14/9/11? Thank you. http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_blog.php?dogId=32788
I hope to get over Petersfield/Mardens way this week to check on Lily's posters and will take a poster of Pepper with me and keep an eye open for her.Last edited: 2011-10-24 16:02:26 by zeffi
- 2011-10-24 14:12 Tracy
- ??? Possible sighting in Langley today. Will go and have a look but remain realistic ( but hopeful) that it was not our Pepper!!
4 weeks tomorrow she will have been missing and it doesn't get any easier.Last edited: 2011-10-24 23:13:16 by Tracy
- 2011-10-23 12:04 mistynsashasmum
- Come On St Anthony Patron Saint Of Lost Or Stolen Things Do Your Stuff Please And Help To Get Some Of These Doggies Home Where They Belong
I will keep praying to you for them all
Come on Pepper do your bit as well PLEASE BE SEEN POPPET
Stay Safe xxxx
- 2011-10-19 20:57 Tracy
- This is fantastic news. Fingers crossed that all this publicity does something. No one has phoned yet following our feature in the messenger ! I hope she is warm and safe. We miss her so much. X
- 2011-10-19 13:36 mistynsashasmum
- Thank you
Tracy Peppers mum will be pleased to see this
Come on Pepper Please Please be seen give us a clue darling
Stay Safe Poppet until we find you xxxxLast edited: 2011-10-19 13:37:15 by mistynsashasmum
- 2011-10-19 10:21 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Thanks Sue I will inform owner.
- 2011-10-19 08:08 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in The Countryman's Weekly magazine this week. I hope it brings some news.
- 2011-10-18 18:40 mistynsashasmum
- Fingers crossed for good news.
Stay Safe Pepper xxxx
- 2011-10-18 11:27 Tracy
- Anyone local to this area please look in the Messenger page 5-- we have placed a feature on Pepper!! You can also access this paper on line by putting in " Petersfield messenger" via Google. Please can you spread the word and be extra vigilant just incase someone who may have her decides to put her " back out on the street". Thank you.Last edited: 2011-10-19 11:14:50 by Tracy
- 2011-10-16 20:21 mistynsashasmum
- Well Misty and I have been out today putting up more posters and everyone we spoke to took a flyer from us so even more people know about her (surprising how many people speak when you have a dog with you)
We had a shoot around this area today so hoping Pepper might show herself (the deer certainly did poor things I hate this time of year so cruel)
Really hoping for some positive news soon.
Come on Pepper Poppet SHOW YOURSELF XXXX
- 2011-10-16 11:27 mistynsashasmum
- Omg Tracy I am so sorry I know you are devastated over Pepper and now your cat I also like many others on this site know the agony you must be going through with your cat.
You have to stay strong for both of them extremely difficult I do know but you must look after yourself FOR WHEN WE GET PEPPER HOME
God Bless you all as I know how hard you are working to get Pepper back only have to see all the posters out there when I speak to anyone around here on my travels they nearly have all seen a poster and know what I am asking them that is why it is so strange she has not been spotted unless she is holed up somewhere very rural and quite.
ANYONE WHO MAY HAVE ANY THOUGHTS ON PEPPER ANYTHING LIKE WHAT SHE MIGHT DO WHERE SHE MIGHT BE HIDING HERSELF PLEASE HELP US
Pepper please stay safe darling and HURRY HOME XXXX
- 2011-10-16 00:38 Tracy
- Janet. You are a great support and we Will let you know if we need anything. We had some more upsetting news today around our cat. He May have had a stroke or have a brain tumour. He has been given some treatment today and we Will be taking him back to the vet on Tuesday. Can things get any worse ??! Pepper is still very much at the fore front of our minds at we plead that if anyone has any news they please get in touch. X
- 2011-10-16 00:31 Tracy
- Janet. You are a great support and we Will let you know if we need anything. We had some more upsetting news today around our cat. He May have had a stroke or have a brain tumour. He has been given some treatment today and we Will be taking him back to the vet on Tuesday. Can things get any worse ??! Pepper is still very much at the fore front of our minds at we plead that if anyone has any news they please get in touch. X
- 2011-10-15 21:03 mistynsashasmum
- Tracy you know I am only a text message away if there is anything else you think I can possibly do I will.
I was out again this evening hoping if anyone has taken her in they just might walk her (stranger things have happened) I have seen her picture so many times I am sure I would recognise her even in the dark it is so odd no sightings though and yet she is out there somewhere.
Anyone who might have any ideas please let us know via a post on this thread it would definitly be appreciated in the mean while;
Please Stay Safe Pepper until we find you xxxx
- 2011-10-14 22:30 Tracy
- Dear all, thank you so much for being there for Pepper and in helping us get her home. I am not giving up on her and i feel so much better knowing there are some lovely people offering help and support. I Just hope she is safe and if someone does have her they find it in their heart to let her come back to us. The house and our life feels very empty. X
- 2011-10-14 21:12 mistynsashasmum
- Come on Pepper PLEASE GO HOME DARLING
I am going to do some more postering around this area over the weekend Tracy
Some one has to know somthing
Stay Safe Poppet xxxx
- 2011-10-14 19:28 Belinda
- No problem Tracy, will walk woods between Rake and Rogate and keep spreading the word, the many posters on finger posts must have every dog walker/ rambler aware, when back Mon will spread some posters targeting shoppers and people driving around.
All the best Belinda. I so hope there is some news this w/e. Take care.
- 2011-10-13 19:24 Tracy
- Hi Belinda,
Thank you very much for your concern and kind offer of help. We really do not know if the sighting was " true". it may or may not have been her. Unfortunately despite driving around there numerous times and putting out posters ++ we have still not heard anything from any body. it seems hard to believe that no-one has seen her, or perhaps knows where she may be.
She could be anywhere and that is the frustrating thing. If she were trying to get home to Liphook then she may have gone "across country" and as you know we have alot of woodland between Rogate and Liphook.
If you have some time then I would really appreciate your help. Perhaps walking around the woods between Rake and Rogate would be a start. Also, ensuring we put the word around to as many people as possible would be great- and asking them to check their sheds, out buildings etc
We are desperate to find her and I know she will still be wanting to get back to us. She is never far from my side and I know that should someone have her it will only be a matter of time before she leaves them to try and find us!
Thank you again for your support.
Janet: As always a very " BIG THANKYOU"
- 2011-10-13 19:07 mistynsashasmum
- Come on Pepper we really need a sighting darling WHERE ARE YOU?
Stay Safe Pepper xxxx
- 2011-10-13 16:58 Belinda
- HI Tracy so sorry your little girl is still missing. I have been out looking and driving around hoping for a glimpse.
Is there an area I should concentrate on, was the South Harting sighting a strong one? I could go over there tomorrow.
Also I noticed that the are preparing for the heavy horse ploughing match on this Sunday 16Oct on the 272 Slade Farm Rogate. Im sorry I wont be able to be there (to help) but it may be a very good opportunity to spread the word. Our thoughts are with you.
- 2011-10-13 12:44 Tracy
- ??Last edited: 2011-10-13 16:28:04 by Tracy
- 2011-10-11 20:31 mistynsashasmum
- Any luck with local paper?
Are you o/k?
I do not think it is unsual for a dog not to be seen for a while then suddenly you get a sighting lets pray this is the case. Keep your chin up Tracy and stay strong for Pepper there are an awful lot of people keeping their eyes peeled for her as I found out today on my travels as was I asked if she had been found by quite a few people after going by my gate and seeing the poster that is out there and that is only one poster and remember there are loads of them all over the place.
I wish I could be of more help I really do.
Come on Pepper your mum needs you home Please Please show yourself.
Stay Safe we will keep searching for you xxxxLast edited: 2011-10-11 20:37:50 by mistynsashasmum
- 2011-10-10 19:09 mistynsashasmum
- Tracy it is so hard to believe that after all the extensive postering and publicty this last weekend that nothing has as yet come of this.
I went out again yesterday evening but not a thing I even went up to the farm up the road from me but they have seen and heard nothing.
Come on Pepper we know you are out there Show yourself please poppet Stay Safe Until we find you xxxxLast edited: 2011-10-10 19:11:06 by mistynsashasmum
- 2011-10-09 22:10 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Bumping due to the publicity Pepper has been given this weekend.
- 2011-10-09 19:36 mistynsashasmum
- Tracy it was really nice to meet and chat with your other half at the dog show today (I do hope he was not expecting a dolly bird) well now all we can do is hope someone may spot her or maybe know where she is even.
All fingers crossed here for that phone call that brings her home I think everyone there got a flyer to take with them.
Keep strong for Pepper and Please Pepper be seen to give us a clue where you are darling
Stay Safe Poppet xxxx
- 2011-10-09 19:28 Tracy
- well Ian myself and our lovely dog lost helper Janet all went to the dog show today and gave out yet more posters. A lovely lady has e.mailed me about a dog found but alas it is not Pepper. My in laws and my parents have also been out looking this weekend for our lovely and greatly missed family member. We can only hope that Pepper is staying safe until we find her.
- 2011-10-09 10:55 mistynsashasmum
- Hi Tracy I am off to the Rogate Dog Show today to hand out the flyers lets hope this sheds some new light as to where Pepper may be!
Please Show Yourself Poppet xxxx
- 2011-10-08 15:57 Tracy
- Hi Janet,
Don't you worry. if you have plans then you must stick to them. you have done more than enough and deserve some " you time "
- 2011-10-08 15:40 mistynsashasmum
- Tracy Hollycombe Fairground at Night 7pm to 10pm open tonight and the next two weeks 15th and 22nd Oct I am going to do my best to get there to hand out flyers but I do have other commitments tonight so not sure if it will be possible to get out of them at such short notice (oh dam it has all gone wrong today)
- 2011-10-08 12:51 mistynsashasmum
- Oh dam dam dam I am totally gutted as there was no car boot sale today last week was the last one for Rogate lets hope for better luck tomorrow at Dog Show.
I went all around Milland area as I was going round I stopped and checked the posters they have all faired well in the wet weather so that at least is good news.
I will find the Hollycombe dates for late opening and I let you know when they are open later on today for you Tracy.
YOU ARE OUT THERE SOMEWHERE PEPPER YOUNG LADY PLEASE BE BRAVE AND SHOW YOURSELF DARLING WE WILL NOT GIVE UP LOOKING
Stay Safe Pepper xxxxLast edited: 2011-10-08 12:54:44 by mistynsashasmum
- 2011-10-07 20:41 mistynsashasmum
- Petworth poster now up for you also had a another scout around today but still nothing as yet.
Lets hope tomorrow throws new light on as to where Pepper might be so see you tomorrow Tracy.
Ashmark Thank You for your suggestions all taken on board every little pointer as to who to contact helps.
Come on Pepper we know you are out there somewhere SHOW YOURSELF LETS GET YOU BACK HOME DARLING
Stay Safe Poppet we are searching for you xxxx
- 2011-10-06 20:48 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Ask your local radio station to put out an appeal. Put flyers through doors. Visit all rescue centres as not all of them scan dogs. If there is a railway line anywhere nearby check with Network rail in case she has been seen 08457 114141. Check with all boarding kennels as sometimes found dogs are handed in to them. Keep checking back with vets and dog wardens. Check local papers for dogs found and for sale ads. If you get any sightings let us know and we can advise on scenting the area.
- 2011-10-06 20:11 Tracy
- Dear all, yet again a hugh BIG thankyou for all your support.
Janet: We will give you a buzz tomorrow to talk about the weekend.
Have been out again this evening.
Pepper: your other grandparents are here and worrying ( as we all are )about you. They would love to see you before they go back home on Sunday.
Lots of love Mum, Dad and Ryan XXXXXX
- 2011-10-06 19:14 mistynsashasmum
- Thak you so much Ashmark I only had your name as you had posted on this thread and we certainly need all the help we get as there are very few D/L helpers in this area it seems.
We are doing everything we can think of and contacting everyone we can think of to get this baby home.
Any ideas from anyone would be more than welcome.
Come on Pepper be Seen and Stay Safe darling we are all looking for you but please give us a clue Pepper where to look next xxxx
Thanks also to Ratel Last edited: 2011-10-06 19:18:42 by mistynsashasmum
- 2011-10-06 18:55 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Flyers made up and on the way.
- 2011-10-06 18:24 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- mistynsashasmun. Sorry I have only just seen this as I have been out all day. It's not my area but of course I will make up some flyers and email them to you tonight. The email will come with attachments so please check your spam box.
- 2011-10-06 11:56 Tracy
- Dear all , Thank you soooo much for everything you are doing. I was out again last nite and again this morning but unfortunately I didn't see her.
Pepper is a very nervous dog-- she is more likely to go and say hello to another dog rather than a person. She is very senstive and picks up on the slightess change in tone of voice.
Thank you once again for all of your kindness and support.
- 2011-10-06 09:31 mistynsashasmum
- When I spoke with Peppers dad and asked if she would come to a stranger or another dog he said she was ok with other dogs and it was possible she might approach another dog so I sometimes take my B/Collie Misty with me as she is a very placid dog rather than Sasha who is much louder.
Thank you for your concern we do need more helpers here Peppers mum Tracy will be pleased to hear you are willing to helpLast edited: 2011-10-06 09:44:45 by mistynsashasmum
- 2011-10-06 09:16 Ratel
- Is Pepper likely to show herself if I walk in that area with other dogs or is she nervous of them? I am not that far away so could alter my twice daily walks to that region if it would help. The last thing she needs is to be further spooked.
- 2011-10-06 09:14 mistynsashasmum
- Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator,is it possible please to send some flyer size posters so we can print them off and take to the Dog Show that is being held on Sunday 9th Oct 1-4pm then I will hand them out to the people that attend if you could do this for us that would be great and we can spread the word further. There is also a Car Boot on Saturday 8th I think could hand them out there also all we need is that one person to put two andd two toghter as we need to get this little lady back home and maybe we are not looking in the right areas for her.
Please please show yourself little one so we can get you home
Stay Safe Poppet xxxx
- 2011-10-05 20:18 Tracy
- The possibilities are vast regarding what may have happened which makes it even harder to deal with. I think someone may have her and if they are local, having seen the posters are now scared to say they have her, or, they haven't seen the posters and think " what a lovely dog" and have decided to keep her. Pepper will not stay long. I think she will try to escape again to try and find her way home. I also wonder if someone may have taken her to a different area and then either dumped her or kept her!! I am so worried now that the weather is turning!!! I also wonder how the communication between dog wardens / rescue centres work. Yes, Pepper is microchipped but say it isn't picked up by the scanner ( unlikely I know but possible.)? Please, anyone who is looking at these messages give us a clue. We are so upset at losing her and worrying how she will be coping.
A lovely person phoned me today and has offered to e-mail all of her friends regarding Pepper.
Please Pepper, be brave and show yourself. We miss you so much and want you home in the warm and comfort. XX
- 2011-10-05 19:41 mistynsashasmum
- Well I had a couple of hours to spare to go out this evening and once again no sign of her
I am wondering if some one might of taken her in do you think? would she go with some one else?
I just wish we could get another sighting then we would be able to track her movements maybe
Does anyone have any ideas for us to be able to follow please? I do not like the thought of her out in this weather
Come on Pepper where are you girl?
Stay safe darling xxxx
- 2011-10-05 10:50 Tracy
- Thankyou thankyou thankyou!!! You are a real star. XX I know ( through facebook ) that the Romsey Dog Lost co-ordinator has been contacted so fingers crossed the net is getting bigger by the day. Come on Peps-- lets get you home-- Ginge is missing you. X
- 2011-10-05 09:12 mistynsashasmum
- Tracy I am sorry that there have been no sightings for a week now but I do not think that is unusual.
Lets keep our fingers crossed for another sighting soon.
I went out at 6am this morning and drove the South Harting Elsted Rogate Iping Trotten roads right along the Southdowns Hotel road I drove around for miles infact hoping the catch a glimpse of Pepper but atlas nothing I stopped at all the fields of sheep and had a really hard look as I know the Greyhound Mick that went missing from around here was actually found in a field of sheep he was bedding down with them.
I will if not before at the week end search around this area agian and out toward Milland way in case she has doubled back that way.
Keep your chin up she out there somewhere and we will find her may take a little time but she cannot just vanish.
I spoke to the early morning dog walkers who all said they would keep their eyes peeled for Pepper.
I have also alerted and given posters to the refuse men as my husband and son both work for Chichester Council so lots of people aware Pepper is missing did the vets this morning as well.
Thank you D/L for bumpimg Pepper up to the top again
Come on PEPPER GIVE US A CLUE AS TO WHERE YOU ARE DARLING
Please Stay Safe Until WE FIND YOU xxxxLast edited: 2011-10-05 09:19:23 by mistynsashasmum
- 2011-10-04 20:58 Tracy
- hello Janet. Thank you so very much. I am feeling rather tearful this evening as i miss pepper so much and we have not had any reports of sightings today. Both myself and my best friends have been out looking again today . Please pepper show yourself and we Will be there for you.
- 2011-10-04 19:54 mistynsashasmum
- Peppers mum I have done the posters I said I would do for you the only one I did not get to was the Vets but I will do them tomorrow the coach firm were really happy to help and they pick up the school children from all around this area I will also put one down by the school tomorrow for you.
I was so hoping there would be another sighting by now so we had some sort of idea where to search.
Come On Pepper Show Yourself Again so you can go home.
Stay Safe Darling xxxx
- 2011-10-03 21:27 mistynsashasmum
- Please can Pepper be bumped to the top again due the sighting on Thursday and maybe then we might get some suggestions from D/L helpers as the best way to go and what we should be doing when she is spotted again
- 2011-10-03 20:19 Tracy
- Peppers Mum here. We received a call this evening to say someone may have seen Pepper on Thursday evening at approx 6pm. If it was her, she was seen on the B2146 between Rogate and South Harting. It is very much a country lane with very few houses. We have put up some more posters and placed a poster in the local South Harting Store. I would like to say a very big thankyou to all of our friends- especially Janet and Michael, and to those people who have taken the time to contact us. I ( and indeed my family ) miss her sooooooo much and need her home.Last edited: 2011-10-04 10:42:30 by Tracy
- 2011-10-03 18:02 mistynsashasmum
- I have just spoken to Peppers dad and they have postered everywhere possible and let all the right people know she is missing I have also offered to do anything they think might help to get Pepper home any time of day or night.
Peppers owners have done a great job in trying to find her even going in this weeks paper.
Well done peppers owners.
Come on Pepper we need you to show youurself so we can get you home where you belong.
Stay Safe Darling Pepper Until You Are FoundxxxxLast edited: 2011-10-03 18:03:38 by mistynsashasmum
- 2011-10-02 22:42 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Text sent for an update. Sadly Pepper is still missing. There was a false lead this morning but apart from that no news of her at all.
- 2011-09-30 09:44 Jayne - Head Office
- Poster emailed to helpers in GU29,30,31,32,33.
- 2011-09-29 21:58
- Sorry to see that PEPPER STILL MISSING is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.