Lost: Tri Coloured Jack Russell Cross Male In North East (WF2)
- Dog ID 33057
- Status Lost
- Registered 27 Sep 2011
- Name OPEL STILL MISSING
- Breed Jack Russell Cross
- Gender Male
- Age Young Adult
- Build Small
- Colour Tri Coloured
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars Mainly White in his body with black spots, tri coloured face with white stripe down to muzzle
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 14 Sep 2011
- Where Lost Wauchope Street, Wakefield, West Yorkshire
- Lost In Region North East
- Lost In Post Area WF2
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Opel was my daughter's birthday present for her 2nd birthday and she misses him terribly. He was wearing a black collar with silver dog bones on it. He is very shy and timid in nature.
- Phone 1 07514262716
- Phone 2 01924 315 368
- Listed By AshleyGreenhalgh87
- Views 1882
- See more dogs Lost in WF2
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-04-03 21:43 cjt1964
- Might be a longshot but this male has just been found in Leeds- now at flushdyke kenels ossett http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200457906843541&set=o.446675442077325&type=1&theater
- 2013-01-26 08:05 Charlotte123321
- I think I might have seen this dog outside Archbishop Holgate's school! Its on Hull Road. I was waiting for my bus and a little Jack Russell suddenly popped out in front of me from the hedge. it just kept running back and forth across the road, almost getting run over! one boy tried to catch it, but it just ran, it was so scared poor thing. Then it ran all the way to the other side of the road (opposite of where it came from) and the last thing I saw was the boy's mates trying to catch it on bicycles. He was so scared and frightened. I couldn't see right, but he was definitely wearing a collar. I first thought it might have been red, but know I don't know for sure. I really think this was him!!! He is very small, right? I think he's the tiniest Jack Russell I've seen! I really really hope this helps and you find him!
- 2012-10-17 09:16 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine.
- 2012-09-25 20:25 Lorraine - Area Co-ordinator Kent
- Poor Opel has been missing for 1 year today and his owner is still looking for him. Giving him a bump in the hope we get some news x
- 2012-01-04 02:27 AshleyGreenhalgh87
- Opel is still missing and not one single word about him =( Hoping someone takes him to the vet soon and they find his microchip details :)
- 2011-10-03 18:52 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Geeky Girl, thank you for your post - opels owner says he was wearing a black collar at the time he went missing
- 2011-10-03 18:21 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- I sent a text asking if Opel had been found, sadly he is still missing - Opels owners put a Ad in the local paper which will be coming out this Wednesday (5/10/11). I hope it brings some news of Opel x
- 2011-10-03 10:38 Geeky Girl
- Was this dog wearing a collar? I saw a loose dog on Saturday with a red collar on but I didn't think of Opel until now. The loose dog was a short jack russell and I saw it near the Station Pub going towards Blacker Hall Farm Shop. I was unable to get this dog.
- 2011-09-28 21:30 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Opels owner has contacted the dog warden and all the local stray kennels and has been postering but so far no news of him at all since he went missing from a relatives garden during a visit there. He is still microchipped to a previous owner and they are aware he is missing but i have advised his owner that they or the previous owner need to contact petlog to let them know he is missing. There will be media coverage for Opel next week. Hoping this little chap is back home with his family very soon x
- 2011-09-28 16:03 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Sent email with information and advice.
Hope this little one is home soon.
- 2011-09-28 12:25 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Changed area to North East.
- 2011-09-28 10:36 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Don't think this is central, as it is Wakefield!!
- 2011-09-28 09:52 Jayne - Head Office
- Poster emailed to helpers in WF1,2,3,4,5,7,9,12,13.
- 2011-09-27 22:17
- Sorry to see that OPEL STILL MISSING is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.