Reunited: Black And White Terrier Jack Russell Female
- Dog ID 32839
- Status Reunited
- Registered 18 Sep 2011
- Name BONNIE
- Breed Terrier Jack Russell
- Gender Female
- Age Adult
- Build Small
- Colour Black and white
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars POSSIBLE SIGHTING IN FERRING NEAR LITTLEHAMPTON BN12.
- Tagged Yes
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 14 Sep 2011
- Where Lost Rectory Lane, Windlesham, Surrey
- Lost In Region South East
- Lost In Post Area GU20
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited 04 Oct 2012
- Other Info Black patch on her back and tail and her head is black with a very thin stripe down her face, long legged but very small. MICROCHIPPED! Has someone you know acquired a dog like Bonnie over the last year? Do you know her whereabouts? If you have any information please contact the number below or contact Doglost in the strictest confidence on 0844 800 3220.
- Phone 1 07713232702
- Phone 2
- Reward? SUBSTANTIAL
- Listed By suzanne
- Views 14899
- See more Reunited dogs
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-11-01 09:07 julie
- Hi Suzanne
please can you e-mail me ref the site you advertised on to find Bonnie. My e-mail is email@example.com. My dog Blu(34018) has been missing 1 year today and we'll try anything to get her back. many thanks julie
- 2012-10-12 14:47 Nik, DogLost PR Team
- Bonnie should be our reunited story in the December issue of Dogs Today.
- 2012-10-07 02:07 lesleyjane
- Only just seen this, what wonderful news! I remember so well when Bonnie first appeared as lost, the agility picture stuck in my mind. Am so happy for you, and hopefully more dogs will turn up via that website.xx
- 2012-10-05 22:14 suzanne
- 2012-10-05 19:26 jane
- I am so pleased for you and Bonnie, Suzanne, I am crying tears of joy. I was thinking of her only this week, and someone at Sandhurst Rec on Wednesday was asking if Bonnie was home yet, as I still have the poster on my car. I will have great pleasure in removing it now, and at least my dog sitting on that side will be able to see out of the window now. I cannot wait to see pics of dear Bonnie on Facebook. She is very lucky to have a wonderful owner like you that never gave up on her xxx
- 2012-10-05 17:46 ROB
- I am so so pleased that Bonnie is back home where she belongs, but furious that somebody has knowingly kept "stolen property" (and much loved family member) for over a year before selling her back to the rightful owner.
I wonder where Polly and Archie are.........
Well done Suzanne!!
- 2012-10-05 15:56 Angelmort
- The infamous Langley Horse Fair strikes again! Definitely seems to be one of the places to concentrate on for dogs missing from this area. So glad she's home and ok. x
- 2012-10-05 15:42 julie
- Fantastic News I am so pleased for you! Blu our whippet has been missing for almost a year now. Please can you post on here the website you posted on as we strongly believe she was taken by travellers and would pay anything to have her home x
- 2012-10-05 15:35 Beezle
I can't believe it. Thank god she is home. I will now take her lost poster out of my van! Well done never giving up. Mandy
- 2012-10-05 13:53 PaulaK
- OMG Im sooooooo happy for you Suzanne amazing news, bet you cant quite believe it. Big kisses to the pretty girl, and welcome home xx
- 2012-10-05 09:46 Pearly Jones
- Pixie's owner Sue and Max67 told me about Bonnie's return late last night. You must be over the moon. Fabulous news, well done for staying with it. It seems a shame that a small part of our local population seem to think that it is acceptable to run what is tantamount to a business trading in Windlesham's pets. And are getting away with it. If any of us stole someone's dog and sold it back to them, we would be charged by the Police. How come some parts of the community are immune to the same legal process? Makes me really angry and very sad. However, it is brilliant news to know Bonnie has returned, no matter what the circumstances. Well done Suzanne!
- 2012-10-05 08:40 ravenette
- Excellent news! You must be over the moon. Welcome home Bonnie xxx
- 2012-10-05 08:05 Scrappy2010
- Suzanne, i am just wondering which site you posted Bonnie on? I think it would be a good idea for others with lost dogs to advertise there too. So pleased Bonnie is home :)
- 2012-10-05 07:37 Bobble
- Such wonderful news! I am so delighted that Beautiful Bonnie is home again. Well done owner for your tenacity! Proof that it pays off!
- 2012-10-05 07:22 suzanne
- Hello all you wonderful people that have supported me over the past year. I am ecstatic to have Bonnie back. I advertised her on a website that attracts many travellers with a reward and BINGO a man called to say he had bought her from Langley Horse Fair. She has had an all clear from the vet tho her teeth may need cleaning! She was grubby and clearly had not been brushed for a year!! A nice bath and she is back to her former glory. She is settled as tho she has never been gone!! Good luck to everyone else with their search and keep going your dog is somewhere as they don't vanish into thin air!!
- 2012-10-05 06:01 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- I have also been following Bonnie's story! FANTASTIC news to wake up to :)
Well done Suzanne, you worked so hard and it paid off, whoop whoop :))
Welcome home Bonnie (((HUGS))), hope your ok xxx
- 2012-10-04 23:37 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Wow!! I too haven't posted before but been following Bonnie's story, just fantastic news. So so pleased to see this little girl back home where she belongs x
- 2012-10-04 23:36 bazil
- Absolutely thrilled to read this little beauty is back home. Welcome home Bonnie xx
- 2012-10-04 23:14 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Brilliant news - welcome home Bonnie girl! :)x
- 2012-10-04 23:02 SanBarn
- Great to see this little one home at long last. Hope Bonnie is ok. xx
- 2012-10-04 22:57 Angelmort
- Fantastic news! What, when, how, who? Hope she's ok. Welcome home Bonnie. X
- 2012-10-04 22:44 Neighbark
- Oh suzanne...cant tell u how happy i am for u. Your tenacity paid off. U must feel unreal. How u have suffered. This gives such hope to finding rags, tucker and all the others. God bless u and little bonnie. I curse the bastards who caused u and bonnie this life-changing horrendous experience. X
- 2012-10-04 22:31 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Not posted before but have been following the story of Bonnie and I am so very pleased to see that she is finally home. Well done to everyone involved in the search for this lovely dog.
- 2012-10-04 22:23 Neighbark
- Oh duzanne
- 2012-10-04 22:13 mathers22
- Fantastic news you must all be so happy. Welcome Home Bonnie and well done everyone xx
- 2012-10-04 21:35 Max67
- Suzanne I am so so happy for you & still totally speechless at this news, can't say exactly what I'd like to but I'm sure you know what I mean !!!!! Unreal. Best news ever love from Maxine (Team Pixie) x
- 2012-10-04 20:44 jobadger
- Wonderful news - welcome home little girl - this gives so much hope to others.
I'm so very pleased for you and your family..xx
- 2012-10-04 20:37 Beanie245
- Wonderful news.. would love to hear the story, strong evidence our Tucker was taken by traveler's and like you will never give up!! Bonnie Gives hope to us all XXXX
- 2012-10-04 20:21 Meeka, North Hampshire Area Co-ordinator
- I am so, so pleased for Suzanne and family, her tireless persistance and refusal to give up on her little girl has paid off, it's been a long year for you all, would love to hear the story when you have a moment and a reunited photo would be great, bet you can't believe your eyes that she's finally home where she belongs safe and hopefully well- FANTASTIC - WELL DONExx
- 2012-10-04 20:07 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Fantastic news xx
- 2012-10-04 19:55 Jackie
- So happy for Bonnie's family...Yeahhh she's home....hope she soon settles back in and she's in good health. xxxx
- 2012-10-04 19:51 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- what great news - sad that money changed hand but as Shereen sais Suzanne has NEVER given up and has been in contact with doglost constantly and totally deserves to get little Bonnie home xx
- 2012-10-04 19:46 millypod
- Brilliant news, so pleased for Bonnie's family welldone.xx
- 2012-10-04 19:07 Linda
- FANTASTIC NEWS...can't stop smiling.
- 2012-10-04 18:58 Lorraine - Area Co-ordinator Kent
- I have a BIG GRIN! :) :) :) So so pleased to see Bonnie finally home! xxx
- 2012-10-04 18:24 Shereen
- Suzanne will be on late tonight to fill us in on everything but what a brilliant owner who never gave up....this was definitely fate with timing this week...fate which found dear Bonnie home just over a year since her dissapearance exactly where she belongs!!!
Well done!!! and Welcome Home Bonnie.Xxxx
- 2012-10-04 18:03 Nik, DogLost PR Team
- Excellent news. Please let me have the full story in due course. firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2012-10-04 17:36 Astralhaze
- Welcome home Bonnie xxx So pleased for you Suzanne xxx Hopefully see you at agility in the near future.
- 2012-10-04 17:24 Jayne - Head Office
- Yes 1 year on...money changed hands...but home...
- 2012-10-04 17:20 Sanrossscot
- Have just seen a post on the agilitynet facebook page saying that Bonnie is back!!
- 2012-09-13 21:30 Caroline28
- I don't know if this helps at all but on my way home from work tonight it was looking like travelers have just set up outside Bognor Regis in North Bersted. N Bersted is just along the coast from Littlehampton and maybe worth checking out if the previous sighting was quite positive. I don't know if it's worth asking the local dog warden for their help?
- 2012-09-13 11:42 terrierlady
- There is a jack russell female at bath cats and dogs home simaler to bonnie refBD20363 please take a look she is called SallyxLast edited: 2012-09-13 11:44:05 by terrierlady
- 2012-09-12 14:43 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in BN11-18.
- 2012-09-12 10:11 Jayne - Head Office
- Will modify poster and alert local helpers.
- 2012-09-12 05:53 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- I've bumped Bonnie's page due to the possible sighting below.
- 2012-09-11 22:47 suzanne
- Thanks for crossposting Bonnies details.Some one contacted me with a possible sighting in Ferring (sussex). A traveller type was walking along the coastline towards Littlehampton with a little dog following along behind which looked like Bonnie.He was a tall slim male that was scruffy. He had gingery hair and was drinking a can of beer at 8am.So I will be looking at various websites around that area that I can put Bonnies details on. I have had previous sightings in Crawley which is also in Sussex. If anyone in that area could post that would be great.
- 2012-09-10 10:40 Shirley4Collies
- Have crossposted Bonnie's details on various forums and facebook sites. Really hope someone somewhere has info on your girl.
- 2012-09-09 09:13 suzanne
- Hi. Thanks for the kind words. I will be repostering as it is nearly a year now that she was taken. If anyone could help that would be great. I went to Langley Horse Fair on Wednesday but they only had lurchers and pups for sale. I have put a post on Paul Ogrady Show begging him to feature her on a prog that he is doing on lost dogs. I am trying to spread the word again so jog peoples memories that she is still missing. Any help or suggestions would be great x
- 2012-08-20 00:13 Bobsmum, Helper, Surrey
- Hi Suzanne
Like Gina I've just been made aware that Bonnie is missing & just read your thread I really do feel for you how dreadful especially with what you saw & your gut feelings & I didn't realise about the other dogs in the area! The police really need to grow some & step up to the mark thy should be allowed to go on a site any time they feel fit to follow up a report I really hope the law changes soon as I have said before dogs are a family member & loved this is so cruel, if there is anything I can do poster ect I know pearly is on the case so that is fab team Pixie is here to help x
- 2012-08-18 20:24 Pearly Jones
- Suzanne, rest assured we are still looking for Bonnie too. And the other local furries who have disappeared. She really hasn't been forgotten, but maybe with Jamie and Pixie reappearing, whoever has Bonnie will reconsider their actions too. Such a shame there are some real *******'s out there who think it is ok to take what equates to (dog ) people's children/ family members, in return for cash, but sadly, it appears that this is the world we live in today. We can only hope they get their just deserts. But please do not give up hope, you have the Dog Lost army and Team Pixie still looking for her.
As for the www.whereispixie.co.uk site it is staying put. I'll still run it for at least a year as that is how long I have bought the domain for, so rest assured any comments etc on that site will be uploaded as they come in. And if after that it needs to be renewed, (hopefully not) I will do. But please be assured, you still have a lot of people out there looking for Bonnie. x (Posted on Pixie's page too)
- 2012-08-18 12:06 Gina
- Hey Suzanne, just read that your Bonnie has been missing a year, read this on Pixie's page, I'm so sorry for you, but this does not mean she will not come home one day, I know its hard to keep upbeat, but as I said on Pixie's page, dogs have been missing a lot longer and still come home ! Bonnie looks delightful and my fingers are crossed for you. Lots of Love, Gina and JAMIE xx
- 2012-08-18 08:54 suzanne
- Soooo pleased Pixie is back home! Repostering Windlesham to see if it jogs memories. Pray I have some good news soon. Thanks for putting Bonnie on the whereispixie site. Will it still be running now pixie has been found?
- 2012-08-17 22:13 janiejewel1649
- Come on Bonnie and puppies, lets get you home. All xd.
- 2012-07-08 15:34 Pearly Jones
- Hi Suzanne, I've added Bonnie to www.whereispixie.co.uk under the Pixie's lost pals section. I think Pixie's owner Sue has spoken to you about this. Let's hope the added publicity brings both the little girls home to you guys.
- 2012-03-04 12:28 suzanne
- Contacted local papers in Crawley but no luck in getting them to print anything. Not had any more sightings in Crawley area since 18 Jan but I received a call that sounded genuine. They said they had seen a dog like Bonnie on Ascot Heath but it had jumped over a fence and ran away when approached. As Bonnie is so small it seems unlikely she would jump a fence but nevertheless still be a possible sighting. I have walked the Heath over the last few days but no sign.
- 2012-01-23 10:04 _Lorna_
- Suzanne, you should perhaps try to get something in the Crawley Observer, that is by far the most popular local paper. Keeping everything crossed for you and Bonnie. Lorna
- 2012-01-22 21:56 suzanne
- Thanks so much Lorna and Suziewoo. It has been great having so much support. I am trying to get an advert in the local free paper.Fingers crossed X
- 2012-01-20 13:18 _Lorna_
- Went back to the high street at Mid-day. Gave all the market stall holders a poster, this is a different market to the Farmers Market that was there on Wednesday, these traders cover pretty much the whole of the South East. The owner of a very busy kebab shop let me put a poster up and I also left one at The Money Shop, which gets very busy on a Friday. The Hotel on the high street has a hand car wash operating in their car park so I left a poster with them too, most of the lads who work there live in the house adjoining the car park. Over the weekend I will be visiting the local country park and other popular dog walking areas so I will take some posters with me.
- 2012-01-20 09:17 _Lorna_
- No sign last night or this morning. Behind Barclay's is like a maze of little alleys and hidey holes. Will keep looking. I have put a poster up on the notice board in our office building and will try the High Street again at lunchtime. The market is on there today
- 2012-01-19 15:13 _Lorna_
- I drive down Crawley High street most days, I have put a slip lead and some gravy bones in the car and will keep my eyes peeled. A lot of the buildings on the High Street are empty. I have also put a link on my Facebook Last edited: 2012-01-19 15:15:33 by _Lorna_
- 2012-01-19 15:00 Jayne - Head Office
- Amended poster emailed to helpers in RH9,10,11,12.
- 2012-01-19 10:16 Suziewoo
- Shared on Facebook as we are nearby in Redhill area. Would anyone at the branch of Barclays have access to their CCTV? I would have thought that if you knew roughly what time & date she was there, they would be able to check. Just a thought & you may have already checked it but worth mentioning in case.....
- 2012-01-19 08:50 Aunt Stef - Area Co-ordinator.West London.
- Have put Bonnie up on Facebook Doglost West London. Fingers crossed some information comes in for you Suzanne.
- 2012-01-18 21:19 suzanne
- Thanks for the support all you lovely people. I have advertised Bonnie in the gumtree in the Crawley area. I will be taking all the advice given. Thank you so much for putting posters out etc. X
- 2012-01-18 21:01 Miadanu
- Passed on to our dog walker who lives in Crawley, so you never know, another set of eyes maybe what it takes.
- 2012-01-18 20:35 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- extra alerts gone out to helpers in RH postcodes
- 2012-01-18 20:29 Neighbark
- Suzanne - see 'reunited Alfie' border terrier, top of today's list. S.E. (not sure how far from you, but certain people do travel around of course!....) - dog 'found' by 2 young lads, owners had to pay of course, but they DID get him back. Could u contact the owner and find out where these boys are, - maybe if u could talk to them? they've just earned easy money, so may be very keen to earn some more.....?
- 2012-01-18 20:01 Neighbark
- Hi again Suzanne, I'm too far away to be able to search and poster for you, but I seem to remember in a very previous posting, - u mentioning that she was or would be coming into her season. In case she's being used for breeding, - work out when (if at all) - puppies could have been born, then 6 weeks approx after that - search for JRT puppies for sale. Just an idea.....
- 2012-01-18 18:15 DebbieM
- I've been out in town and spoken to the taxi firms and takeaways in High Street where the bank is and also some of the market traders in Queens Square. Unfortunately most had packed up by the time I was there. Everyone took posters but no one remembered seeing her. There is a market in High Street on Friday, I'm working then but if anyone can get there to hand out posters and chat to traders/shoppers then I think it would be worth it.
- 2012-01-18 17:17 PaulaK
- Shared on FB - have friends in Crawley area. I keep my eyes open for her everywhere I go
- 2012-01-18 14:08 Linda
- community warden number is 07884492324 have postered local crawley vets and sussex pet center at cheals will do tilgate pets tomorrow they are shut wednesdays. am always checking out all black faced terriers i see.if she was picked up or loose community wardens will be the ones to call
- 2012-01-18 12:17 DebbieM
- I live in Crawley, is this the Barclays bank in the town centre? I have the day off today, I'm waiting for a parcel but will get out at some point and have a look/put posters up
- 2012-01-18 11:36 ravenette
- I will try and get over to Crawley next Wednesday and will ask around the station and Barclays and put a few posters up. Have you contacted the local dog warden etc? Sorry but I live 30 miles from Crawley and I am working this week, otherwise I would go over sooner. I will keep an eye out on my travels around West Sussex this week and when I am out on the downs with the dogs over the weekend xx
- 2012-01-18 09:28 Dog Walking Bromley
- Have tweeted her details for the Bromley & surrounding areas. Jane @dogwalksbromley
- 2012-01-18 08:32 Jan S
- I've sent on to family in Crawley area and we will circulate to all friends and family around Surrey/Sussex. Have you managed to get any coverage in local papers ?
- 2012-01-18 07:48 suzanne
- I have received a message saying that a possible sighting of Bonnie was made in Crawley Sussex yesterday.Dog was stray outside Barclays Bank. It is a distance from where she was lost from but somebody had rang me on the 18th December saying they had seen her in the same area.Is there any people in that area that could put up posters please??
- 2012-01-18 07:48 suzanne
- I have received a message saying that a possible sighting of Bonnie was made in Crawley Sussex yesterday.Dog was stray outside Barclays Bank. It is a distance from where she was lost from but somebody had rang me on the 18th December saying they had seen her in the same area.Is there any people in that area that could put up posters please??
- 2012-01-04 10:53 Neighbark
- 2011-09-02 22:30 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
COPIED FROM A POST ON 32206
Apologies for posting here as unlikely to be connected to this case but may be relevant to other lost spaniels. Some travellers were evicted from a site just outside Brighton a few months ago & were camped out in parks all over the city. They were selling puppies mainly jack russells but someone has told me they were also selling pedigree spaniels.x
- 2012-01-03 23:04 Neighbark
- Topalov, do u mean that helen and bert were looking after your dogs when they went missing? If so, how well do you know them, and do you STILL know them or where they live? Maybe u could give Suzanne a phone call??? any lead, however small I would think she will want to follow.
- 2012-01-02 18:08 topalov
- Hi I saw your add today whilst walking in the woods with my Jack Russell and I had a unspayed female Jack Russell go missing in the same area was it walton on thames in surrey? I have got my male back but still not my female and ppl were looking after them named helen and bert?
- 2011-12-27 18:50 Neighbark
- Are you going thru' local ads in papers, mags etc.? Also, maybe puppy adverts in about 14-15 weeks time???
- 2011-12-27 18:49 Neighbark
- Can u add Bonnie's name to the 'Cash reward....'
- 2011-12-20 21:36 suzanne
- Thanks for all the support.It is great you are sharing and thanks for circulating posters X. Unfortunately Bonnie would now be in season so I am working my way through contacting vets with details in the hope that possibly someone may consider spaying her or take her in cos she is expecting pups in the near future.Fingers crossed
- 2011-12-19 23:29 scoopminime
- I have just read through your efforts with great interest. it is agonising going to great lengths to track down our missing dogs but feeling that one cannot close the loop for reasons which become clear in your comments. like checking if vets are checking and tracking possible sites where sales might be being made. Aaagh!! Daphne and Minime gone for a month now and nothing....despite massive campaign but I see that there is always more that one could be doing. Good luck
- 2011-12-19 20:01 jane
- Fingers crossed Suzanne that this is the break you have been waiting for x
- 2011-12-19 18:28 Linda
- Suzanne, I Live in Crawley and work in the community, always out driving around will keep my eyes peeled for car and Bonnie, shared on face book. Will print off some posters and drop at local vets. Last edited: 2011-12-19 18:34:08 by Linda
- 2011-12-19 12:36 lesleyjane
- Hope this lead proves the one you need to get Bonnie back, was it a recent sighting? Good luck, never give up.xx
- 2011-12-19 10:46 Julie B
- Have just been reading about this little girl. Did the people see what taxi company it was ? XX
- 2011-12-19 10:15 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Have put on twitter + will circulate awhile.
- 2011-12-19 00:35 Neighbark
- Suzanne- at last a phone call- there's always hope. When did the person see this taxi driver? recently, or when she went missing? I've so wanted to see little Bonnie back with you. x
- 2011-12-18 23:33 bazil
- Sorry to see Bonnie is still missing. I have been scanning through the comments and wondered if you did go to the travellers sight. You can contact your local council and speak to a traveller liason officer and ask him to go to the site with a poster. If he sees the dog it is his duty to bring the dog off the site. I sat for nearly a whole day watching a site with binoculars where I thought they had a lost dog I was looking for. Hope your last phone call has a positive outcome for you. Good luck xLast edited: 2011-12-18 23:34:33 by bazil
- 2011-12-18 22:59 Sherlock Bones-POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- bumped due to sighting
- 2011-12-18 22:51 suzanne
- I HAD A PHONE CALL BY SOMEBODY REPORTING THAT THEY HAD SEEN A TAXI DRIVER ACTING SUSPICIOUSLY AND THEY RECOGNISED BONNIE IN THE CAR AFTER SEEING MY AD IN GUMTREE. THE CAR WAS WHITE WITH GREEN STRIPES AND THE LOCATION WAS CRAWLEY SUSSEX.
- 2011-12-11 22:31 suzanne
- I will double check their records but I looked at all the ads in gumtree, preloved, epupz etc when she went missing and am still searching them daily now. Thanks
- 2011-12-11 00:17 Neighbark
- suzanne - there are quite a few jrt's for sale on gumtree. Could u ask gumtree to let u see older adverts around the time she went missing. A dog reunited today was stolen and sold 4 days ago. Owners spotted gumtree ad, she'd been sold, but they managed to find where, and the new owner gave her back. All in a couple of days from theft, to gumtree, to being sold.
- 2011-12-07 21:17 Neighbark
- check animalsearchuk.co.uk - there r some found JRTs. good luck.
- 2011-11-28 19:07 Neighbark
- The team who have been doing this for years would have more idea than me, but if I was in your situation, I would act as quickly as possible, before dogs are sold on, or have litters. I personally would contact all those in your area and ask for an urgent meeting. Find your strengths and weaknesses within this group of people, delegate between you, I'd call all local and national papers, email them, phone them. Also t.v. S.E. channel companies. Definitely call the Chief Superintendant at the police headaquarters. If he won't return your call, then I'd find out when he's going to be there and PAY HIM A VISIT. You need help & support, NOT police refusing to into travellers camps! I'd have placards, sandwich boards, I'd do it peacefully, but I'd invite the press. I'd have big blown-up piccies of the dogs, also u need a complete list of facts - dates, areas, dogs at least for 2011, use doglost and other sites to get facts - Stick together, don't give up, push, push push, make yourselves a pain in the proverbial neck! The more you get into the papers, the more your dogs should be advertised. Hopefully your dogs will be too hot to handle with this extra advertising, also public might spot them. Could u also contact the kennel club for support - they started a campaign today, for more dog legislation and might welcome the advertising, as they need 100,000 names I believe, to get it debated in parliament. Could u organise a peaceful rally? again with sandwich boards and placards, advertise this anyway u can. The worlds your oyster. Make everyone aware of this wonderful Doglost site ! When Bruce Forsythes daughter Debbie's 2 dogs were stolen in 2006 - Bruce immediately went live on t.v. and advertised these dogs, one was returned, then the other. The power of the press, t.v. and advertising. Doglost team always say 'make them too hot to handle' - SO GO DO IT - GET YOUR DOGS BACK! ....and the rest of the country will be watching and waiting to celebrate with you!. xxx
- 2011-11-26 21:52 Neighbark
- Also, plague your local vets into doing scans on all 'new to them' dogs. they are willing to take our money putting the chips in, - now especially with all the thefts - they must be responsible and scan, no scan, no point!
- 2011-11-26 21:49 Neighbark
- Suzanne - have u added-up just how many dogs have been stolen in the S.E. ? If all owners of these stolen dogs got together, you could make a lot more noise with the police. How about the local papers? How about the national papers? don't give up, have u put her on facebook? Pre-love? + any others u can? I'd put the reward on there too. Greedy buggars want cash, especially around Xmas time. DON'T GIVE UP !
- 2011-11-21 23:01 Neighbark
- Suzanne - going back to the travellers site, the day she went missing.
I know it would take a lot of guts to walk in there, but is there any way you could go into that site, leaving someone standing waiting for you in the entrance. to go and ask THEM for THEIR help? (tongue in cheek of course). I feel that they hold the key to her whereabouts. If you've decided on this reward money, then could u lay it on the line to these travellers, offer them the cash with no questions asked. If they've passed her on, they will know where she is and surely that sort of money is worth bringing her back for? I'd read about the lady with the dog/lurcher man/patterened collar etc, and I'm convinced it's them. chances are she's now pregnant, so it might still work once she's had pups. Sorry don't want to upset you, but trying to help. The ladies on Rags facebook site are thinking of re-starting a petition to get vets to ALWAYS scan every new dog they see, even if its their receptionists. Bruce Forsythes daughter started this off when her 2 dogs were stolen in 2006 (she got them back after Brucie appealed on t.v.).
- 2011-11-19 19:43 zeffi
- Hi Suzanne, I believe Lily JRT was found at Totton near Southampton. May be worth your contacting the New Forest Dog Warden about Bonnie (and all the other dogs missing from your area)? When I was collecting Lily's posters, someone told me about a German Shepherd which had been stolen and was recovered at Totton. Good luck, and I do hope Bonnie will be home soon.
- 2011-11-16 08:01 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine. I hope it brings some news.
- 2011-11-15 11:51 Kimmi_and_Scrumpy
- JRT found in Sandhurst last night and taken to Slough Kennels, no idea what sex/colour etc as the info is coming to me second hand!
- 2011-11-13 19:38 suzanne
- Contacted Sue at doglost to ask when Bonnie will feature in Countrymans weekly as promised on 27th oct and hope she has a happy ending like Jack the patterdale who got reunited after being seen in the CMW.
- 2011-11-13 19:30 suzanne
- I am still struggling with the facebook page but link is http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bonnie-LOST-JACK-Russell/263589150354392.I will def. be contacting the winchester dog warden.Thanks.
- 2011-11-12 15:34 safeandsoundanimalcare
- Hi will add Bonnie's details to our lost and found page on website. Have had a couple of dogs turn up recently near a travellers site in the Winchester area. May be worth contacting the dog warden for that area?
- 2011-11-08 18:50 jane
- What is Bonnie's f/b page called, or can you post link so that I can share it. I have looked under Bonnie, but nothing is coming up.
- 2011-11-08 12:30 suzanne
- Reposted Buttersteep Rise and Swinley Woods at the sawmill end. Also visited traveller site in Chertsey and enquired and left posters. Countrywide had poster and left one at a garden centre in Lyne.Trying to renew the posters already up as the weather has ruined them.
- 2011-11-07 22:11 suzanne
- Thanks Jane. You have given me more hope now I have looked up Busta and read his profile and see he has been reunited after 4 months. Also thank you for suggesting a facebook page.I have done this (I think) as I am not too clever with computers.Thanks for the support X
- 2011-11-05 10:05 jane
- I look everyday hoping to see the blue border saying she is found. Keep the faith Suzanne, Busta has just been found after 4 months and owner said it was thanks to poster power. Maybe try putting on a Facebook page as it is really good to get the story to all areas of UK, and it has worked for others. I really hope this little girl is back soon with you, and I think of you everyday x
- 2011-11-05 00:04 suzanne
- I am also hoping to get her soon. It is more painful as time goes on. My friend and I have checked the area again especially along the hard shoulder of the M3 as the leaves are falling and the brambles are dying down so it is easier to see. I feel it is in vain searching the area as I feel she has been passed on now and is probably miles away. Fingers crossed the Countrymans Weekly will do the job like it did for Jack the patterdale.X
- 2011-11-04 13:18 Saza
- I keep checking the site to see if you have found her. So sad that she's still missing. I do hope you get some good news soon. xx
- 2011-11-02 21:19 suzanne
- Bonnie has featured in the surrey adveriser. I had somebody ring local to where she vanished to say he had a jack russell pup taken from the garden and it was found on a gypsy site in Lyne. So I have spoken to the dog warden from that area and she does pest control at the sites so is putting some of my posters up. I am reposting my posters as much as possible as they are being taken down. I have put a poster on my back window of my car and so have some of my friends so it is seen in different areas.Please Bonnie come home we are missing you so much X
- 2011-10-27 20:01 Emma
- I hope you find sweet Bonnie soon. Well done for getting the news out there so quickly. Go home, Bonnie! xxx
- 2011-10-27 10:08 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Well done Suzanne for getting some tv coverage. I hope it brings some news.
I'll also advertise her in the Countryman's Weekly magazine asap
- 2011-10-26 11:52 suzanne
- A lovely lady rang to say she had seen an ad in a window for found black and white dog but when I called it was not Bonnie!! However the lady is a carer and drives around a lot and goes to all 'sorts' of clients so she says she will keep a look out!! Bonnie was also mentioned on tv 'Live with Gabby' this morning and her photo was shown.So hopefully this will make more people aware in a wider location.Thanks again for everyones help X
- 2011-10-21 11:02 Jayne - Head Office
- Bumped due to Bonnie being in this weeks Ascot and Bracknell news.
- 2011-10-19 22:31 Saza
- Have put a poster up in the Shell petol station today, just up from John Nike ski centre.
- 2011-10-15 18:21 Saza
- I filled up with petrol there this afternoon! Didn't see any silver pick up but would definately ask them if you can see CCTV, especially if the lady knows the time she saw the truck with a possible sighting.
- 2011-10-15 16:21 jane
- Will the petrol station look at the CCTV for you or let you have a look? I have been asking other dog walkers to keep an eye out for Bonnie, and have shared her on facebook. Am still thinking of her and hope she is back soon x
- 2011-10-15 16:02 suzanne
- Thanks. I went to Millwheel Tack shop today and they display a poster on the counter and a lady said she had definitely seen Bonnie at the petrol station opposite John nike ski centre at coppid beech.She said that Bonnie was looking out the window of a silver double cab pick up truck and was parked by the shop entrance. The petrol station has several cctv cameras so I rang the police who were disinterested as it was third hand information. So not really productive!!!
- 2011-10-14 22:51 Saza
- Oh that is such a shame. I was really hoping that you had had some good news. Wherever I am I always keep a look out for her and will continue to do so. Hope she comes home soon. xx
- 2011-10-14 21:43 suzanne
- Bonnie is still sadly missing. No information on her whereabouts. I have replaced some of her posters and offered a large reward in desperation for her return. I am still searching and The Pet Detective met me in the week to give some advice. The Ascot/Bracknell News has done an article on Bonnie this week. Please carry on looking for Bonnie as I am still searching for my girl. Thanks X
- 2011-10-12 22:28 Lab Owner
- Several people locally have told me that Bonnie has been found, some miles away from Windlesham. Is this true? All the local Doglost posters have been removed, but there are still some home made ones about, offering a large reward. And it's also rumoured that another dog was with the "finder". I'd be really grateful for some more info - have been keeping my eyes skinned for Bonnie and Archie in the area.
- 2011-10-08 20:24 jane
- Hi Suzanne, saw the ad on Gumtree, let's hope it proves frutiful. I have shared this ad on a few walls on f/b and asked them to share. Hopefully not too long and Bonnie will be home x
- 2011-10-07 20:01 Pearly Jones
- Just to let you know that we are still keeping our eyes peeled at this end of Camberley. Have posters in prominent place at the Red Road / Deepcut Bridge Road, Upper Chobham Road and Maultway roundabout. Get loads of traffic past here daily, esp. in rush hour. Have been cornering folk I hear reading them out loud, from over our garden fence and asking them to spread the word! But more to the point, just wanted to let you know, we are still supporting you in spirit and have everything crossed that Bonnie will be home soon.
- 2011-10-07 00:52 Astralhaze
- I have also alerted my friend in Essex/Herts area as she runs kennels & is the pound for that area. She has also sorts coming through her gates so have emailed Bonnie, Archie & Tommy's details to her.Last edited: 2011-10-07 00:52:52 by Astralhaze
- 2011-10-06 20:10 camelhumps
- Hi Suzanne,
I saw your posters on the gate at the entrance of Beaumont wood yard, these were present on Sunday but yesterday the one of Bonnie and Archie had gone? I assume they are both still missing and somebody has removed these?
Is the gypsy site close by as I notice many dog walkers seem nervous now putting their dogs on leads when someone approaches. I am hoping there is a way that somebody can get access to the site to check for these missing dogs.
Thoughts are with you
- 2011-10-06 07:07 suzanne
- Hi Hazel (Normans friend). Thanks for the support and that would be good if they mention this to alert listeners and get them to look out for our dogs. It has been 3 weeks since Bonnie disappeared now and I am at my wits end. I have done everything possible. I am repostering with a large reward no questions posters cos I now dont care and just want her back!! She is priceless to me and of no real value to anyone else! It just dont make sense!!Thanks for your support and of all the help and advice I have received from everyone
- 2011-10-05 23:09 Astralhaze
- Hi Suzanne, Hazel with Cy GSD & Molly JRT from agility, I have just contacted Eagle Radio's newsroom with links to Doglost for Bonnie, Archie & Tommy. I've asked them if they can help let the listerners know of these missing/stolen dogs. Fingers crossed Bonnie and the others are found safe and well very soon. Thinking of you.
- 2011-10-04 18:09 jane
- Just thought, have you tried putting the word out in pubs in Windlesham and surrounding areas. Landlords can often have their ears to the ground.
- 2011-10-04 18:01 jane
- Hello Suzanne, have you thought of making a Facebook page for Bonnie? It has helped others get their dogs back in the past - I can think of 3 that came home recently cos they got too hot to handle, there was people all over the country looking for them.
- 2011-10-04 17:47 Meeka, North Hampshire Area Co-ordinator
- Hi Suzanne, great that you are getting some publicity for Bonnie, keep going with the posters and spreading the word, you've done a great job so far, keep it up, I know it's hard and sole destroying but I'm sure it'll all be worth it in the end.
- 2011-10-04 15:57 Reynard
- Susanne could enquires be made as to where this 'Traveller' with Lurchers that wear Patterened Collars lives,,,,,,,,,,,,,you have made Bonnie 'too hot to handle' (well done!) and so he would be prevented from selling her on,,,,,,,,,,maybe? GOOD LUCK! xxxLast edited: 2011-10-04 15:58:26 by Reynard
- 2011-10-04 13:28 Jayne - Head Office
- Bumped as Bonnie featured on teletext news and in the daily Telegraph.
- 2011-10-04 07:47 suzanne
- Spoke to gypsy liaison officer several times but he is limited as to what he can and cant do. And searching the site is a no go. The Police are taking the incidents more seriously now to a certain point. I mean a dog is just a dog to them!! I mean they are not going to get any medals for returning one to its owner are they!!!! Anyway I have managed to get it in some of my local papers, and the disappearance of the three dogs has made its way to teletext news on Sunday, On line BBC regional news and in The Telegraph on Monday. Well here we go another day of searching and trawling the net X
- 2011-10-01 14:17 jane
- I think that chances are if that man did take Bonnie she may still on the site. It's disgusting that the police won't even investigate this. Archie's situation is different because that sounds like he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and it was an opportunist theft. However, this man with the lurchers might be targeting different areas near him hoping to come across dogs that he can take. Is there a gypsy liason officer for that area?
- 2011-10-01 07:57 suzanne
- Police actually a joke!! Only said they were taking the matter seriously because residents up in arms and pestering them!! They have done nothing. The last person I saw was a man with lurchers when Bonnie disappeared and he disappeared through a hedge! I walked in the direction he went and it went to the back of a gypsy site. As soon as the police heard this they backed off!! They are cowards!! Also a lady prevented her dog being stolen on the nearby golf course. She lost her dog and asked a man with lurchers if he had seen it. She noticed the lurchers had patterned collars. The man said no but he would keep an eye out! She continued looking and found her dog hidden down a ditch with the same patterned lead tying him up! She believes he was tied up in the view of returning when it was quieter!! Three dogs gone in 12 days, all taken, no sightings and in the same area and the Police are saying these are 3 separate incidents with no link!!! What do you think??? Wot a joke the one time you actually need the Police and where are they?? Shaking in their suits!!! JOKE
- 2011-09-28 07:24 suzanne
- Police actually taking the matter seriously now after 3 dogs taken in 3 separate incidents. Residents in Windlesham being very supportive and vigilant. No sightings of dogs. Posters still being slapped up everywhere. Thanks to helpers. Actually getting an article in Camberley news now. Hopefully it will make people more aware to prevent any more dogs going missing and also alert people to keep an eye out for Bonnie and Archie.
- 2011-09-27 21:53 Saza
- Left Archie and Bonnie's Posters at vets in Bagshot today. Really hope they come home soon, they look such sweet little dogs.
- 2011-09-26 07:24 suzanne
- still searching and putting up posters. Now Archie (king cavailier charles spaniel) has been taken in same area as well as the cairn terrier on the 19th. People need to look out for the three of them as well as residents need to take particular care of their dogs in that area. I am so worried for Bonnies safety now as she is such a little thing and a bit weedy really. I do hope someone sees something soon as dogs dont just vanish. Thanks for everyone looking out for her X
- 2011-09-24 08:21 suzanne
- Still searching, asking people and putting up posters. Extending the area with posters. Asked local papers to put article in so waiting to see what they print. In the free papers they deliver or leave in various garden centres/shops
- 2011-09-23 11:33 jobadger
- Stay positive Suzanne - if Bonnie's made to hot to handle, she'll soon be home. It just needs one person to see one poster and make that all important call. The more people that know about her the better. Good luck - thin king of you all. Jo xx
- 2011-09-23 11:17 Pearly Jones
- That's awful, I really feel for you Suzanne. Don't give up, and keep going with the posters etc, and hopefully you will make her "too hot to handle". We have everything crossed for her safe return. And anything we can do to help, let us know here.
- 2011-09-23 07:56 suzanne
- Thank u pearly jones for helping. I believe she has been stolen as no sightings but hopefully she will be dumped and if everyone keeps an eye out she will be found. A lady rang me to say she has also lost her cairn terrier from her garden behind windlesham school and believes her to be stolen. This was 4 days ago and is not far from where Bonnie vanished from.
- 2011-09-22 09:34 Pearly Jones
- We put another poster up on the Heatherside Rec. this morning. Lots of dog walkers up there every day so hopefully more folk will keep an eye out for her.
- 2011-09-21 19:02 Saza
- Where in GU20 did Bonnie go missing? There is the RSPCA in Chobham and Mink Farm Kennels take some strays from the dog warden I believe. So may be worth asking if you haven't already. Do hope you find her soon.
- 2011-09-21 09:16 Pearly Jones
- I have put some posters up by the Deepcut Bridge Road/ Maultway/ Upper Chobham Road roundabout, and some in the MOD training area near High Curley this morning. Will put some more up tomorrow. Hope she returns safely soon.
- 2011-09-21 07:16 suzanne
- Thanks to everyone looking out for her. I have contacted Bracknell News who may do an article and Aldershot news will print it on the letter page. I have submitted new photos which are great (thanks to Kevin Kyleburn photography)
- 2011-09-20 22:23 Umneya
- I am sorry to hear that Bonnie is not home yet. I will keep an eye out for her when walking my dog too around Swinley Forest and Camberley areas. I have also posted to FB in case any of my friends see her. Good luck.
- 2011-09-20 21:11 jane
- Sorry to see that Bonnie is not home yet. I have posted to Facebook and asked friends to keep an eye out for her. If Bonnie is not home by weekend I am around to help look for her, so please let me know if there is anything I can do. Have you tried posting in Gumtree and Preloved etc?
- 2011-09-20 19:30 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- POSTS TRANSFERRED FROM DUPLICATED THREAD
2011-09-18 11:16 Fizz73
Have posted on Heart Berkshire Facebook page, Michelle from Heart Breakfast show is a dog lover, so hoping she will ask listeners to look out for Bonnie.
2011-09-17 12:57 nickamram
I have put posters up on Chobham Common - at the roundabout & Jubilee Mount car parks as there will be lots of dogwalkers from your area using them. I think I remember that Longacres garden centre has a community noticeboard, I don't go often but it might be worth postering there.
2011-09-16 14:59 suzanne
Thank you for the support and for looking out for Bonnie! Thanks to Sam and Pat X
2011-09-15 18:35 Samseal
Thank you have managed to print now, will put up tomorrow
2011-09-15 17:46 DogLostJayne - Head Office
Sorted now...tx for your help Samseal...
2011-09-15 17:42 Samseal
Hi, there is a problem with the poster, it just shows black no pic!
2011-09-15 17:38 Samseal
So sorry Bonnie is missing, will check around arboretum tomorrow and put up poster, also the rememberence feild,hope she is found soon.Have also posted on fcebook and will put posters around the village
2011-09-15 13:49 Polpat
There are dog agility classes that takes place at the top of Rectory Lane opposite the church today and this evening. Will take details of Bonnie with me tonight and keep a look out for her. She may be attracted by the dogs in the field at the top by the stables.
2011-09-15 13:37 DogLostJayne - Head Office
Poster e mailed to helpers in GU15,18,19,24,25. SL5. RG12,45. TW16.
- 2011-09-20 18:53 Astralhaze
- We will be agility training there tomorrow and are aware of her disappearance, we will keep an eye out for her while we are around. Maybe if she is hiding and hears the dogs she may show herself. fingers crossed.
Have cross posted to Biggsd
- 2011-09-20 17:42 Meeka, North Hampshire Area Co-ordinator
- Spoke Suzanne today, still no sightings or news of Bonnie but owner doing a fantastic job with the posters and lots of people aware that she is missing. Advised on scenting and leaving something smelly near where they normally park the car - lets hope there is some good news soon. Keep up the good work Suzanne, it's very important you look after yourself as well
- 2011-09-20 15:18 Nanny Noodle
- So sorry to see this, I'm in the area and will join the search tomorrow if there is still no news (sorry I can't today). I will call you in the morning Suzanne - don't lose hope xxx
- 2011-09-20 14:56 suzanne
- I have contacted Battersea, Network Rail and Highways agency. I searched for 3 hours this morning and my daughter is searching now while I will go back after 3 again. Still no sign although neighbors are telling me stories of the gypsies taking dogs. I have been to the site and they say they have not seen her. I put signs up there. Thanks for all those looking and giving me the strength to carry on X
- 2011-09-20 12:37 Pearly Jones
- I'll keep an eye out for her o our morning walks on the MOD tank ranges at High Curley up towards The Maultway as she may have come this far through the Arboretum. Will put some posters up round there too. Good luck and please don't lose hope Suzanne! With all the folk from Dog Lost on the case, am sure we'll find her!
- 2011-09-20 12:31 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Posters emailed to helpers in
- 2011-09-20 11:10 zeffi
- Hi Suzanne, have you been in touch with Battersea Cats and Dogs Home? They have a place at Old Windsor - phone no. is 01784 432929. If someone picked Bonnie up they might have taken her there.
Good luck, xx
- 2011-09-20 09:03 zeffi
- Admin / Mollychops, are there any helpers for GU20 area? Could alerts be sent out please to try to get some more help for Suzanne? I'm not local to the area and have no contacts there. Thanks, zeffiLast edited: 2011-09-20 09:04:14 by zeffi
- 2011-09-20 08:59 zeffi
- Stay strong, Suzanne, you are doing tremendously well. Terriers can be tough little dogs, so she may be able to fend for herself enough to get by if she is loose.
Have you given posters to the post depot? Ask them to get the posties to look out for her. Same with the bin men via the council. Also milk delivery depots.
Do you know or know of anyone in your area who works terriers? They might be able to help you. Look at the website for the fell and moorland working terrier club as a start point to get possible contacts. People who work terriers may know the most likely places for a little dog to get into.
Are there any gamebird estates in your area? If so, gamekeepers may be able to help, at least by looking out for her.
Are there any travellers' sites in your area? You may need to get advice from the Council's traveller liaison officer, or the dog warden or police as to the best way to approach them rather than going on to the sites alone.
Don't lose hope, dogs have been found after being missing for weeks or months.
- 2011-09-20 06:29 suzanne
- It has now been 6 long days and every blade of grass, every rabbit hole has been searched in the area and lots of posters put up and lots of people spoken to and there is absolutely no sign so I have a feeling that she has been picked up by someone. At the same time she went missing there were some people with lurchers in the distance who I have not seen since. Does anyone know these people? Maybe they have seen something??
- 2011-09-19 20:38 suzanne
- Thanks Zeffi for your help. Bracknell Forest, Windsor and Maidenhead, Hart, Slough and Surrey Heath authorities have been informed. I have put a poster up at the school. I have walked along the M3 but will ring Highways tomorrow and ask Highways, thanks for the suggestion X
- 2011-09-19 16:47 zeffi
- Hi Suzanne, saw your post on Lily's thread, so have added Bonnie as well to Rescue Remedies forum (lost & found thread).
Have you contacted all the adjacent local authority areas, too? as I don't think they necessarily share information.
Would local schools take a poster? Lots more little eyes looking out for her.
Don't want to think the worst, but might be an idea to contact the Highways Agency, in case Bonnie has got onto the M3 or other major road. How near is the railway to the fields where she was lost? If she might be able to get onto the track, get in touch with Network Rail.
Good luck, I hope she's soon home safe and well.
- 2011-09-19 15:06 suzanne
- local vets, local authorities and dog wardens informed. Posters put up in Windlesham Bracknell Sunningdale Bagshot and Lightwater areas
- 2011-09-18 21:16 Mollychops, Co-ordinator Glos and Hereford
- Have amended the post code from GL20 to GU20
- 2011-09-18 20:32 suzanne
- The photo wont upload and the poster just comes out black!!