Lost: Chocolate Brown Cocker Spaniel Male In South East (RG9)
- Dog ID 32143
- Status Lost
- Registered 23 Aug 2011
- Name SID STILL MISSING
- Breed Cocker Spaniel
- Gender Male
- Age Young Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour Chocolate Brown
- Tail Docked
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 22 Aug 2011
- Where Lost Hambleden, Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire...A YEAR ON...COULD BE ANYWHERE NOW
- Lost In Region South East
- Lost In Post Area RG9
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info MICROCHIPPED
- Phone 1 07854715910
- Phone 2
- Reward? YES
- Listed By SamSmith
- Views 7310
- Followers 1
- See more dogs Lost in RG9
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-04-10 23:52 Mils
- I wondered if this would be worth looking at
A young male chocolate spaniel trying to be sold with limited background
- 2013-04-09 21:13 Mishybird
- worth a try https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4690068378858&set=o.273958649365486&type=1&theater
- 2013-02-07 17:57 Jojo
- 2012-12-13 13:20 Claire Weston Turville
- Have a look at Found dog id 46160
Picked up today.
- 2012-09-21 11:41 Nadine Widdows
- Hi Shereen... would you believe that I saw a chocolate Cocker day before yesterday... I noticed him because he was happy, having fun and pulling his female owner on the lead. I was driving at the time so didn't notice whether his tail was docked. Can't even remember exactly where I saw this doggie but it would have been between my trip from/to Woodley, Sonning Common. I'll print a handful of posters and pop a couple of Caversham and a couple in Woodley. x
- 2012-08-26 18:37 Fiona
- Check out found dog id 42449
- 2012-08-22 17:41 Shereen
- Its a year ago today That Sid was stolen...im bumping his page to see if it jogs anyone memory...maybe you've seen him? please share far and wide again if you dont mind.ive always had a feeling this one is going to end up being reunited one day....Thank you.
- 2011-11-21 13:44 helen n
- Any news on little Sid? Hope he comes home soon. xxx
- 2011-10-12 21:26 Reynard
- Sorry to see this little one is still missing ,I note Wiltshire is a very popular place for Gun Dogs & shooting may be worth advertising in this area also.
Have you put him in the Shooting Times and other Gun Dog magazines?
- 2011-10-01 13:47 Shereen
- I have bumped page as I have added a new Photo,and will be displaying lots of posters at local ploughing match tomorrow,new photo shows very distinctive eyes.This dog is now approx 7 months old.
- 2011-09-21 10:28 Shereen
- Thanks Sue,ill let owners know,Fingers crossed it brings some good news.x
- 2011-09-21 09:33 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in The Countryman's Weekly magazine today. I hope it brings some news.
- 2011-09-20 00:05 scootjockey
- What a little shame lovely Syds still out there, thinking of you from Tays mum xxx
- 2011-09-14 18:24 buffysmum
- Come on Sid - show yourself, you are a star, featured in so many publications, you cannot hide forever. xx
- 2011-09-09 21:50 janiejewel1649
- Hope Sid is home soon and back with his family.
- 2011-09-09 18:46 Shereen
- Thankyou....Bumped due to article on page 11 of the Henley Standard.Hopefully will bring some news fingers and paws crossed.x
- 2011-09-07 19:16 buffysmum
- Hope Sid is home soon. FB'd and Tweeted.
- 2011-09-05 13:03 Shereen
- Advertised in the Maidenhead,Windsor,Twyford,Burnham advertisers Thursday.and Slough,Windsor an Eaton express'on Friday.Posters will be displayed at the Henley show on the 10th .
- 2011-09-02 20:59 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Saw an advert in Bucks Free Press for the Henley Show on 10th September. This would be an excellent chance to spread the word if the organisers agree to you displaying some posters or handing out fliers there x
- 2011-09-02 13:12 Serena
- Have put out another appeal on Twitter.
- 2011-09-01 08:59 Ann-Marie
- Fingers crossed today as Sid will be in 4 newspapers today and 2 tomorrow.
- 2011-08-30 08:38 Ann-Marie
- Sid will be advertised on Gumtree today
- 2011-08-28 19:13 Shereen
- Bumped due to newspaper coverage in the Henley Standard
- 2011-08-26 18:59 Shereen
- Sid now has his own facebook page please join and share far and wide and help get this little one back to his distraught owner Thank you.....
- 2011-08-26 08:05 Ann-Marie
- Still putting up posters & informing vets. Will call RSPCA today and other rescue homes. Also Sid will be advertised in the papers next week. Thank you to everybody who is putting up posters for us. Please stick at it, the more we get up the better. xx
- 2011-08-26 00:23 scootjockey
- Good luck. Hope your gorgeous Sid is found soon. thinking of you best wishes Tays mum. xxx
- 2011-08-25 23:24 bazil
- sorry my post was wrong, have deleted, hope Sid is found soon xLast edited: 2011-08-25 23:28:43 by bazil
- 2011-08-24 17:59 Serena
- Many thanks for clarifying, Laura: I'll update my tweets/Facebook accordingly. I don't have the Dogwatch info as I wasn't a member (have now signed up), but if BonBon was referring to the Subaru that was involved in the Ashampstead Patterdale theft, it's been found burned out.
- 2011-08-24 17:13 laurajsmith
- Just read on the patterdale pups page that this car has been reported dumped and burnt out.
- 2011-08-24 17:06 laurajsmith
- Yes, Sid was definitely stolen. He was kept in a locked and bolted outdoor kennel which was broken into. We're not sure as to exactly what time he was taken, sometime between 6 and 9pm on Monday 22nd. Looked into the Spaniel that was found in RG27, but had no luck as the dog warden in that area has heard nothing about it.
If the police are aware of the Reg No. of this vehicle why aren't they doing anything about it? Some copper wiring was also stolen from Hambleden the same evening, presuming this is probably linked to the dog theft.
- 2011-08-24 16:22 BonBon
- Should also have added that same vehicle is said to be involved in the theft of the jrt x patterdale pups ID 32106 from RG8.
- 2011-08-24 15:58 BonBon
- I'm assuming this is the same dog I received a Dogwatch alert about. If so, then a green subaru legacy estate vehicle is suspected to be involved. Reg no. given but don't know if it is Ok to put on here. Possibly admin have this info as well. Too far away to physically help but already shared on facebook and keeping a watchful eye. Carole
- 2011-08-24 12:29 Serena
- Although the summary doesn't say, I'm gathering from the conversation that Sid was definitely stolen - can someone confirm if this is the case (with any info about the theft / cars / suspects or whatever)? If so I'll update my tweets - thanks.
- 2011-08-24 11:45 millypod
- Hi there is a spaniel on the animal wardens website it doesn't give any details except it was found yesterday in RG27 ref no 244211. there tel no is 0845 241 7252. Good luck x
- 2011-08-24 11:26 Mollychops, Co-ordinator Glos and Hereford
- advice sheets etc emailed, We needto make Sid Too hot too handle Thanks for helping Joules and Barney
- 2011-08-24 00:09 laurajsmith
- Hector (27244) was taken in a similar situation, we think by the same people as it was on the same estate. He was reunited by word of mouth and through these posters. Please everyone print as many as you can and get the word spread about Sid. Help to get him home, we miss him.
- 2011-08-23 22:22 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Joules, e-mail into Admin about the poster e-mail issue. They can fix it from there. Well, I guess everyone in the RG area needs to poster for all these dogs at the same time. Something definitely up out there! Keep watch for anything or anyone suspcious. Go DogLosters, let's get them all home. Come on Sid, keep safe and come home quickly sweetie. x
- 2011-08-23 22:20 Serena
- Shared on Twitter 22:18 Tuesday 23 Aug. Will RT at intervals until further info received / Sid returned.
- 2011-08-23 21:09 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I've been looking at details of other dogs that have gone missing in the RG9 area and that have since been found. A springer spaniel 17284 (Clover) went missing and was found in Cranleigh, Surrey, another dog 12551 was found on a caravan park (doesn't say where though) and another 28265 was found after a "strange phonecall". Might be worth you looking into these incase it gives you any clues (there's a few other too over the last couple of years). Click on the search button above and you can specify the RG9 postcode.
- 2011-08-23 20:26 joules
- Am in the next village. Have printed off some posters. For some reason I have not been getting poster e-mails. Hope Sid is home soon ;-/
- 2011-08-23 16:16 Mollychops, Co-ordinator Glos and Hereford
- lefta message to call me back
- 2011-08-23 16:13 Mollychops, Co-ordinator Glos and Hereford
- will contact
- 2011-08-23 14:30 Jayne - Head Office
- Poster e mailed to helpers in RG 4,8,9,10. SL 6,7. HP14. ox39,45.
- 2011-08-23 11:57
- Sorry to see that SID STILL MISSING is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.