Rainbow Bridge: Black Cocker Spaniel Female
- Dog ID 31602
- Status Rainbow Bridge
- Registered 04 Aug 2011
- Name POPPY
- Gender & Breed Female Cocker Spaniel (Spayed)
- Age Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour Black
- Tail Docked
- Marks & Scars Greying on chin,small white patch on chest, small lump on back of neck.
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed Unknown
- Date Lost 29 Jul 2011
- Where Lost From CHAMPION BOARDING KENNELS - Cane End Lane, Bierton, Aylesbury, Bucks.
- Lost In Region South East
- Lost In Post Area HP22
- Date Reunited 13 Apr 2013
- Other Info 30TH NOVEMBER POSSIBLE SIGHTING ASTON ABBOTT AREA - HEADING BACK TO WHERE SHE WAS LOST? HEADING HOME? SHE NEEDS TO GET BACK TO WESTON TURVILLE. SHE WAS CLOSE AT ONE POINT AND GOT AS FAR AS ASTON CLINTON BEFORE LOOSING HER WAY. PLEASE KEEP LOOKING SHE IS OUT THERE SOMEWHERE AND WE MISS HER.
- Phone 1 07852 819132
- Phone 2 01296 614374
- Reward? Yes
- Listed By Jo
- Views 59547
- See more dogs in Rainbow Bridge
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please post if you have news about this dog. Log in above or register to leave comments or to like them.
Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to here.
- 2013-04-19 10:56 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Go for the jugular Jo! I have asked if we can get this page bumped as I personally know of one or two friends that have boarded their dogs there before and may feel it appropriate to make further comment on past experience of boarding. I personally think that these so-called proprietors should be named and further shamed just in case they are thinking of of opening up a kennels again in this area. Heaven forbid.Last edited: 2013-04-19 13:57:29 by ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- 2013-04-18 20:03 callypepps
- Lets hope the local paper gets the story, to reach as many people as poss in the area. All these so called dog lovers need to be exposed for their lies and deceit.
- 2013-04-17 18:39 SpringerMad - Area Volunteer, East Sussex
- Timtimtim - thanks for the update. I wonder if HQ here at Doglost should bump this page so that other people can read this information? There may be more info coming forward on these people if so.
- 2013-04-17 17:52 Becky Taylor
- Jo, I am so very sorry to see the posts here today, my thoughts are with you and your family. I cannot begin to comprehend how anybody could with hold information on what happened and deliberately deceive. Run free Poppy x.
- 2013-04-17 12:19 timtimtim
- Just to advise you I am Jo’s informant. I was informed of what actually happened to Poppy only last week from a very credible source. Being involved in a completely separate issue re; Champion Dog Grooming/Boarding, Poppy’s story came to my attention. The information provided to Jo appears to tie in with the information obtained by Jo over the last 18 months.
Knowing Poppy’s story and the information obtained last week I could not let Jo and her family continue the search for Poppy. I can assure everyone all the information I hold has been supplied to Jo and her family.
Poppy’s story. I understand Poppy along with other resident dogs would be let out at night (when Ian Blake and Jane Wopling/Blake were the only staff on site) in the compound unsupervised (this would have been strictly against kennel legislation). It is at this time Poppy escaped the compound (Council inspections if any should have ensured that the compound was escape proof). I am not aware how/who found or located Poppy but the truth appears Poppy subsequently was hit by a car. Stories regarding chasing rabbits etc. appear false and the recall story fabricated. As to who hit Poppy and failed to report to Police remains unknown. Champion Dog Grooming’s website response to Poppy’s owners would therefore appear untrue.
Ian Blake and Jane Wopling/Blake appear to have traded previously at Hartwell Hill Farm, Dunton Rd, Aylesbury, HP22 4EL. It appears they traded without a licence and were subsequently refused a trading licence by Aylesbury Council. It may be at this time the kennels were moved to The Paddocks, Cane End Lane, Aylesbury, HP22 5BH with trading names changing from Champion Dog Boarding to Champion Dog Grooming. I am informed by Aylesbury Council that kennels under either of these names are not presently trading.
Staff for fear of retaining employment etc. were refrained from doing the humane action of informing Jo and her family of the truth whether this may have been victimisation or bullying I am not aware. However seeing Poppy’s posters daily would question staff and the kennel owners credibility and why Jo and her family were not informed of the truth by staff on closure of the kennels.
Land the kennels stood upon was owned by the farmer who on closure of the kennels was apparently left a large creditor along with prospective clients who placed 50% deposits for future kennel bookings (if anyone is aware of these prospective clients please forward details as relating information can be provided for prospective County Court action to retrieve sums lost). It may appear Barclays Bank foreclose the kennels.
The kennels it would appear simply closed overnight with all the kennels assets packed up – does anyone know the location of this vast amount of dog kennel assets? On closure it would also appear that the 5/6 dogs under their care moved with them – again is anyone aware of where?
It would appear that Ian Blake has a number of dissolved Limited companies over the years.
I have noted everyone’s comments regarding the apparent truth of Poppy and being the loving owner of a cocker/springer cross my heart goes out to Jo and her family and trust at least my information has helped to cease Jo’s search for Poppy and allow Poppy’s memory to be that of happy times.
Run free for ever more Poppy and may I let everyone know the tears Poppy’s story has made myself shed. I only wish my information could have been of a positive nature and due to on-going issues I have not been able to 100% commit on all the information.
- 2013-04-15 12:47 callypepps
- Like timmys mum, makes you wonder who did hit Poppy. It is a long way from the main road, so did it happen in their yard? Jane ?? or member of staff?? which is why staff went along with the cover up.?? Someone needs to be brought to justice,In fact they are all guilty by association. Poppy, the fight goes on for the truth, meanwhile heaven has another doggie angel. Running free, and forever staying young. God Bless xx
- 2013-04-15 09:31 Meru
- So very, very sorry about the tragic outcome and such appauling behaviour by the kennels. RIP Poppy - run happy and free over the Bridge xxx
- 2013-04-15 02:18 Unknown
- Jo thank you for the sad sad text thanking helpers for looking for Poppy. Im so sorry that you have had to endure the anguish and all the hard work that goes into seacrching, postering, hoping, rushing out to possible sitings.....unless you have done this no-one knows how draining it can be for helpers but for the owners the anguish is indescribable.
Poppy you are at Rainbow Bridge...we send our love and cuddles to you little lady.
The little yellow cards I had printed for Poppy Sid and Precious have been on the telegraph poles by my home all this time, and today I removed them. There was never any news of Sid and Precious but we keep hoping ......
The story of what allegedly happened was bad enough, but the truth is unbelievably distressing. Take care..everyone else has eloquently said what I would also have said .
- 2013-04-14 17:16 callypepps
- So so sorry Jo. God Bless Poppy, you touched the hearts of us all. Jane needs to be exposed in the local papers, for who she really is, along with her lying uncompasionate staff. How could they support her in her lies.And to all those that sent Jane flowers, - how do you feel now?? - sick i hope !!!! Everyone needs to know the truth about
Jane, so that she never ever gets to open another kennels, or has the chance to care -( or kill ? ) another persons dog. We all hate you Jane, you could have helped prevent all this torment and anquish over the last 20 months, by telling the truth.
Jo, you have done Poppy proud in your relentless search for her, and finally getting to the truth. We are so proud of you. Run free at the bridge Poppy.xxx
- 2013-04-14 15:20 Timmy's Mummy
- But who killed Poppy? Was it a visitor or was it JANE????? Whoever it was has broken the law by not reporting the accident!
- 2013-04-14 15:12 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- It's my suspicion that the kennels said Poppy escaped through a hole under the fence because they didn't want to get a bad reputation for being negligent. However, by making up a load of lies instead of just being honest in the first place has made it a hundred times worse for themselves. Just goes to show that honesty DOES pay Jane.
- 2013-04-14 12:03 digbysmum
- Such a sad story. What truly cruel, despicable people these kennel owners are. They need to be closed down and prosecuted for their deceitful ways. Poor dear Poppy. I am so sorry for her owners, who should have had closure at the time, and been spared all these months of anguish. Run free at the bridge, beautiful Poppy - you will always be remembered xxxx
- 2013-04-14 09:16 ebbymay
- happened top a friend of mine, kennels kept it quiet, you need to go to the papers with this, it's appalling!
- 2013-04-14 08:52 SpringerMad - Area Volunteer, East Sussex
- SHAME ON YOU JANE AT CHAMPION BOARDING KENNELS.
You are a disgrace. Long may you live with the knowledge of what you have done to this family. Cruel, heartless, deceitful. And for what? You put this family through hell, for your own selfish needs. Appalling behaviour from one human being to another.
RIP dear Poppy xxx
- 2013-04-14 05:46 Tylers mum
- I am so sorry to read this sad sad story of Poppy. I cannot believe this kennels has put you & your family through all this pain for 18 months! Shame on them & how cruel can they be to have treated you like this. It is bad enough that you have lost Poppy but I am sure that you would have been able to cope with the truth if you had at least been able to deal with this when it happened! I really feel for you & just hope that now you know the truth you can get closure. I really hope whoever runs this kennel & made this terrible decision not to tell you the truth is punished in some way! Poppy is at peace now.
- 2013-04-14 01:59 bazil
- Jo my heart aches for you and your family. I am thinking of you at this very sad time.
I am so upset that you have had prolonged suffering of not knowing where your Poppy was. How can Jane the proprietor of Champion Kennels and her staff be so cold hearted, lying scumbags. I have went back and read through her comments dated 30/8/2011 and words fail me to be able to express how I feel about this dispicable women, her family and staff. They all knew how committed you were Jo in your search for Poppy to bring her home, unbelievable? They should all be named and shamed and prosecuted. I really would ask to be taken to where Poppy has been buried and bring your girl home.
To Precious sweet Poppy, you are at peace and having fun over the bridge, running and playing in the sunshine. Keep looking down on your wonderful family who never gave up hope of finding you. God bless sweetheart xx
- 2013-04-13 23:45 3 cavaliers
- Jo I am so sorry, I felt sick when I heard the news. Poppy had an amazing Mum and no doubt a wonderful life. You couldn't have done more. Hopefully the people who carried out this disgusting act will not sleep so well at night. X
- 2013-04-13 22:49 mallyboo
- Jo, so very sorry to read this devastating news. Poppy will be with you always and she knows how hard you tried to get her home, sweet dreams beautiful girl xxxx
- 2013-04-13 22:13 Timmy's Mummy
- Who run Poppy over? The law states that if an animal has been killed or injured it must be reported to the police. The driver must give his details to the police. That is THE LAW. So where do you go from here? Write a letter to your Chief Constable, send it Recorded Delivery, and put Private & Confidential on the letter, that way no minor staff can open it. You can find the name of your CC on your area police website. This is a very very sad affair and the scum that covered this up deserve to go to prison. I am so upset about this.
- 2013-04-13 22:03 steven0161
- I have just read the comments and am sorry for your loss. what a bunch of low life scum the kennel owners are leaving you hanging on in the hope...RIP Poppy and my thoughts are with the family
- 2013-04-13 21:09 Lucylou
- Im so sorry to hear about Poppy, my thoughts are with you and your family. Its not often that I am shocked, but Im totally speechless. I can't believe anyone would be so cruel and despicable to give you false hope all this time. I hope you take this further with the police and she gets what she deserves. Thinking of you all xxx
- 2013-04-13 20:47 Millypod (Chris) - Administrative Volunteer
- So very sorry to see Poppy has gone to Rainbow Bridge. Poppy was one of the first dogs I followed from afar (northwest). I watched all the sightings and like everyone else on here hoped you would find your lovely girl. I find it really hard to think the kennels also read these posts and let you search and poster knowing full well you wouldn't find her. I hope these evil people NEVER have a kennels again.
Run free at Rainbow Bridge Poppy:(((Last edited: 2013-04-13 21:48:42 by Millypod (Chris) - Administrative Volunteer
- 2013-04-13 20:47 MAZ
- So very sorry ... you and Poppy deserved much better. It is just awful the way you have been treated. God Bless Poppy XXX
- 2013-04-13 19:51 Ravenette - Area Coordinator, West Sussex
- My heart goes out to you at this sad and difficult time. Shame on that appalling woman at the kennels (I remember the awful comments that were deleted at the time Poppy went missing) putting her business before the truth and feelings of decent caring people. Run free sweet Poppy forever in your families heart xxx
- 2013-04-13 19:11 Max - Area Co-ordinator, Cornwall
- I cannot believe what I have just read. I am in tears that you have been through this. You now have closure, but I am sure this has only helped a little. God bless your little baby, who is running free at the bridge. May you see her face among the stars. xxxx
- 2013-04-13 19:07 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Sitting here typing this in tears, but I am just thankful that you and your family now have the closure you needed Jo, and that you now realise that you didn't let Poppy down whatsoever. As cavalier spaniel obsessive says, Poppy will always be remembered especially now that I live at Watermead. Before we actually moved here there was many a time my hubbie and I would ride past here on our motorbike and I would always look across the fields hoping for a sign of her. I'm sure my boys, as well as many other of our fur babies will now be playing with her at Rainbow Bridge. Love to you and your family xxxx
- 2013-04-13 17:40 cavalier spaniel obsessive
- Jo my heart goes out to you & your family. Hope is the one thing we all had in finding Poppy. The kennels should be ashamed of themselves, they have behaved in an appalling & disgusting manner. I am so sad for you to hear such dreadful news. Poppy will be remembered by us all xx
- 2013-04-13 16:29 Jo
- Thank you everyone for your comments - a day of tears and relief.
I imagined never knowing what really happened, I suppose I knew that the story we had been given by the kennels was not quite true and yet over the months and years could not get to the real story. I had seen the story of Jaxx at the time that there was press coverage and through part stories I had pieced together I thought that the same had happened to Poppy. When people asked for news, I would say that I thought she had been hit by a car and that the body moved by the kennels and yet please don't stop looking because I can not be sure, she might still be out there, I still hope for her to come home. To find that my thoughts were right is really no comfort in understanding how Jane could have so little compassion for us and our children.
The kennels went BANKRUPT late last year, still taking 50% deposits right up to the day before. We hope that we had some part in them closing. We placed posters in all the roads leading to the kennels, the kennels took them down, we put them back up, we did this for over a year and we place adverts in the local paper on a regular basis hoping to get Poppy back but also as warning other dog owners not to use the kennels.
I believe that Jane has kept the website open as she might have / plan to open a new kennels (information also passed to us). So your messages and reviews today have not been a waste.
I know that you can not feel utter loss without having felt great love and Poppy knew how I felt about her and so knowing yesterday that she never had the chance to be scared, lonely and wonder why I had not come and found her is a great comfort. All of my thoughts of guilt at never getting to a sighting fast enough or searching just one more field, staying out just one more night or just a few more posters has been lifted. Run Free Poppy.Last edited: 2013-04-13 16:32:46 by Jo
- 2013-04-13 15:51 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- I do believe that these Cane End kennels closed down last year I was informed.Last edited: 2013-04-13 15:59:22 by ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- 2013-04-13 15:29 slabcabbage
- Oh Jo, NO......
In tears here reading this sad news, my heart goes out to you all,I agree
I too would name and shame this kennel in the local press, there are lots of
people who would back you on the amount of time and expence searching and pain looking for your
darling Poppy, I know it cannot easy the heartache you all have suffered over
these long months of searching But it just may save another dog / dogs suffering the same fate and cover up as Poppy has.
I belive that "what you do Good or Bad comes back to you " may she find that out
Poppy has been in my prayers and thoughts over these many months,
run free sweetheart at the Bridge
big hugs to you Jo...
- 2013-04-13 15:27 jobadger
- I have just been reading feedback on the Kennels web page and the response to Poppy's owners' comments...........(just in case they're removed from the page)
I have emailed a polite message through to the kennels on their web page (still up and running)expressing my concern for their lies and deceipt.
24 Aug 2011
LOST OUR DOG Poppy whilst we were on holiday, this was on 29th July. Poppy is still missing her details can be found on the doglost website her id is 31602.
As an addition to Jane's response in blaming me - I did not need to write on the form that Poppy did not recall, she did for me and therefore this was not an issue. Poppy hardly ran off as described, she escaped under a fence in what should have been a secure environment. Shame on you Jane!
Still missing and missed every minute of every day. 03/11/11.
Jo Hayes - Aylesbury
Company response : NOT TRUE !!
POPPY ran away chasing after a rabbit. The owners NEVER wrote on boarding form to inform staff that POPPY DID NOT respond to recall. ALL other dogs that chased the rabbit came back on recall,but POPPY did not.
ALL other owners who KNOW their pets, put in writing on our boarding form LEAD WALK ONLY if their dog do not respond to recall.
This is why we INSIST every owner fills in and signs our form.
In four years of trading this is the only incident we have had and are deeply saddened by POPPY running off and are still wishing her safe return.Last edited: 2013-04-13 16:25:51 by jobadger
- 2013-04-13 15:19 duffs54
- I'm so sorry that you have gone through all you have without getting Poppy back. I cannot think how horrible it all must of been for you all, hoping to find her and being mislead by them.These kennels are despicable, I have just looked at the reviews for the kennels, and they have the nerve on there to say they hope she gets found soon and accusing the owners of lying, I hope that they are bought to justice and named and shamed as others have said. I'm happy to post on there to let people know what they are like, but don't want to step on any toes, I have registered so can submit a review. http://www.freeindex.co.uk/profile%28champion-dog-boarding%29_79092.htm
PS I have just FB and Tweeted as I am so angryLast edited: 2013-04-13 15:22:48 by duffs54
- 2013-04-13 14:44 Timmy's Mummy
- Why does the owner of Champion Boarding Kennels say that she looked for Poppy for 4 days and they left the lights on in case Poppy came back? Back from the dead??? I hope that something is done about this liar. How could she blatantly lie knowing that you were out there looking and postering? It beggars belief! I have left a comment about this on www.reviewcenter.com which you can find by googling Champion Boarding Kennels. Apparently they have closed down? As for swearing the staff to secrecy - what sort of staff would agree to this, obviously staff as bad as the owners! My dog was murdered in January 2000 and to help me get over this I adopted a vulnerable dog from a rescue who was very poorly, it took my mind off things as I had to concentrate on this rescue dog. He is now 14 years old and an absolute treasure so something good came out of something bad as the kennels were going to put Timmy-dog to sleep but I knew that I had the time and money to help him and in helping him it helped me. You can see Timmy-dog on my facebook: Pauline Clare
- 2013-04-13 13:58 wensmum
- My heart goes out to you and your family Jo. So sorry xx
- 2013-04-13 13:13 CorbiereW
- It's totally unacceptable for kennels to get away with this kind of thing. I would name and shame them in the local press and also wonder whether anyone in this position can't sue the *ss of them for distress, waste of time, expenses in searching for her (petrol etc). I suppose you have to prove it first, provide witnesses and evidence etc :(
I've never lost a dog but I have had a cat go missing (in France) and searched for him every day for weeks, until a villager told me the hunters had almost certainly shot him since he often brought home rabbits to me, dragging them through the village. But I never did get proper 'closure' by knowing for certain, and even thirty years later it still haunts me. My sympathies to Jo and family
- 2013-04-13 12:39 Astralhaze
- So so sorry to hear this news.... My heart goes out to you and your family x
Rest in Peace sweet Poppy
I cannot believe what I have read and am so appalled by the boarding kennels unprofessional behaviour knowing all this time the truth and choosing to cover it up and knowing this would be causing so much heartbreak for Poppy's family. Shame on you!
- 2013-04-13 12:25 angi
- I'm so very sorry to read this tragic news. This is exactly what happened to Jaxx and it would not have been discovered but for an article in the local paper where the driver who knocked him over came forward but still the kennels denied everything.Having spent several months helping Jaxx's family try to find him and the anguish they went through it is beyond cruel and they get away with it :( Run free sweet Poppy xxxx
- 2013-04-13 12:13 Sammie
- Unbelieveable cruel these kennels were to you for not informing you of this tragic accident when Poppy passed.
No words are enough to console you for your loss xxx
- 2013-04-13 12:05 Suziewoo
- I'm so, so sorry to read this. I followed Poppy's story from the beginning & hoped along with everyone else, for a happy outcome. How terrible for the kennel to behave in such a way. The other similar case was Jaxx the Dalmatian. At least you know that it was quick & you can now grieve. RIP dear Poppy xxx
- 2013-04-13 11:56 Friends of the Animals
- Can I add my sympathy and that of many of the supporters of our rescue Friends of the Animals RCT. The loss of a family pet is heartbreaking but the added cruelty of failing to inform you in unforgivable. We are thinking of you at this dreadful time. RIP sweet girl.
- 2013-04-13 11:47 Netty-B
- I cannot believe that people can be so cruel, knowing you were out looking for her day and night. What is the matter with them!! as people say at least you have closure, but that is of little comfort now, should have been told straight away, you would have been upset but nowhere as bad as you must feel now. My heart goes out to your family. R.I.P. Poppy.
- 2013-04-13 11:36 Lorraine K9 Capers DTC
- Absolutely heartbroken for you....run free Poppy x
- 2013-04-13 11:29 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Firstly to say how sorry I am to hear your sad news. Unbelievable behaviour by the kennels...shame on them. I hope you have told Mrs Collins in the Environmental Health Dept (Aylesbury Vale switchboard 01296 585858) who was mentioned by someone earlier in your search. R.I.P. Poppy
- 2013-04-13 11:00 Fido's friend - Area Volunteer, West Yorshire
- How on earth could a kennels justify this action?
I am so very sorry for your heart-break, and the anguish you have suffered for so long.
RIP little Poppy xx
- 2013-04-13 10:43 skippy
- So very sorry to read this. Good that you finally have closure, but dreadful that it has taken so long unnecessarily. My thoughts are with you. x
Run fast and free lovely Poppy. :((( xx
- 2013-04-13 10:35 Ruth
- I cannot believe I'm reading this - so so sad for Poppy but especially today for her family who have needlessly been put through torment for nearly two years. Finally though, you have closure and can being to grieve and move forward x
- 2013-04-13 10:33 Carol
- I just looked them up to send them an email of disgust and they have changed there name , wonder why !!!!
RIP Poppy xxx
- 2013-04-13 10:23 Carol
- How sad for you but agree I would have to have her body back and for identifying incase whoever told you got the wrong dog , to which she could be out there still bless you all xxx
- 2013-04-13 10:21 B30
- I'm so very sorry. You beautiful girl will be watching over you XX
- 2013-04-13 10:09 Nickhoneys
- I had not heard of Poppy before being fairly new to Doglost. I have just read all her posts and am so so sad for you. You did everything right - checked the kennells before you used them and did all you could and more to get youre girl back. This is an appaling act by the kennell owners especially after they commented on this site!! I would also ask for her body back. RIP little Poppy xxx
- 2013-04-13 10:08 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Such a cruel and unnecessary act on behalf of the kennels to have done such a terrible thing to someone who has entrusted their pet for safekeeping whilst away
Absolutely gutted for you all. the only consolation is that you now have closure and as weve just said will be able to move forward. RIP Poppy and will never be forgotten.xx
dont forget there is always the pot on the brew! xxLast edited: 2013-04-13 10:13:54 by ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- 2013-04-13 10:03 Paddy
- Tragic news - just saw this also through FB - I would ask for her body back to be buried properly -also to double check - it is not more lies.
Disgusting kennels to do this. xxx
- 2013-04-13 09:47 minniemoo
- So very,very sorry to hear this tragic news, my thoughts are with Jo and her family. I too, 'don't get it' - when reading back the comments made by the kennels owner on this page, how could anyone be so cruel and calculating as to blatantly lie and cause so much pain and anguish to Poppys owners for so long,how can she possibly call herself an animal lover - it absolutely beggars belief. RIP Poppy, run free at the Bridge beautiful girl xx
- 2013-04-13 09:46 mathers22
- RIP Poppy how sad more so for your owners not knowing the truth for 18 months. Isn't this the second time of a kennel covering up the death of a dog in their care. I seem to remember reading about a similar incident a couple of months ago xx
- 2013-04-13 09:39 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- OMG..not the outcome wanted...brave of the person to let you know...shame they did not come forward 18 months ago....at least your family now have closure but how could the kennels let you go through all this and not let you know....
- 2013-04-13 09:29 Ellie
- Utterly heartbreaking, I am so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with beautiful Poppy and her family.
- 2013-04-13 09:14 Shereen
- Oh Jo ive only just seen this,I have tears While im reading .firstly R.I.P Poppy and my thoughts go out to your family.
How can someone cover up like this and live with themselves knowing you and others have searched tirelessly for your Poppy.The anguish of the thought of her being out there on her own?...just would of been correct to tell the truth instead of this!I just dont get it...Im so sorry.XxxLast edited: 2013-04-13 09:15:57 by Shereen
- 2013-04-13 08:59 janiejewel1649
- Another cover up then? My sympathy is with the family of Poppy at this sad time. Night, night pretty Poppy, and have fun at the bridge with all the other "Rainbow babies" whilst God watches over you all. Sending your heartbroken family lts of (((HUGS))) for their loss. RIP+ Poppy, and await your family at the bridge when the time is right. God Blessx A~~~Candle~~~burns for Poppy
- 2013-04-13 08:55 janiejewel1649
- Sorry to learn that Poppy has passed to the bridge. Night, night sweetheart, sleep tight, and play with the other "Rainbow babies" in the warm sunshine, as God watches over you all. Sending (((HUGS)) to her loved ones; another cover up then? RIP+ Pretty Poppy, and wait for your loved ones when the time comes. God Bless. A~~~Candle~~~burns for you cheruc=b.
- 2013-04-13 08:44 Leona*
- I am so very sorry to read about Poppy and the terrible anguish these people have put you through. This is not the first time this has happened, maybe the admins could put you in touch with Dalmatian Jaxx owners as they went through the same thing. RIP dear Poppy xx
- 2013-04-13 07:52 4paws
- What terrible news to hear..RIP Poppy xxx thoughts are with your family xx
- 2013-04-13 07:41 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Oh Jo, I am so very very sorry to read this. What an absolute disgrace that the kennels have covered this up all this time, and have put you through this prolonged and very painful ordeal. As LindaT has said, I hope they reap what's coming to them from the authorities! You, your family and Poppy have always been in my thoughts from the moment I read she went missing. At least you have closure now and can get on and grieve, which the kennels have so cruelly denied you. Love to you all, Alison xxxx
- 2013-04-13 07:30 LindaT
- My sincerest and deepet condolences to you Jo and family on this dreadful news.To have closure and to know that Poppy has been safe at Rainbow Bridge all this time is the only part of this story that will help you to lift your shoulders and you can look to the sky and know she is watching and waiting. To have allowed you to suffer when knowing what had really happened, apart from the efforts made by you and all involved is nothing less than criminal. I hope the kennels will face the full force of the authorities over their dishonesty, to say the least. My heart goes out to you all, God Bless Dear Poppy, safe in the arms of the Angels. So, so sorry, Jo
- 2013-04-13 07:24 Alison - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- So very sorry to hear that Poppy has gone to the bridge. RIP sweetheart. Really hope Jo and her family can now get some peace of mind knowing that Poppy is at rest.
SHAME on the kennel owner for allowing you to suffer all this time.
- 2013-04-13 06:54 Angus - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Milton Keynes
- Jo thank you for coming on an posting - I know from when we last met how difficult it has been for you to read the page as it has been such an upsetting ordeal.
I share your mixed feelings about this whole sad story - Poppy would not have known any pain and would have passed quickly to rainbow bridge but you and your family have been left with this ordeal that has lived with you every day for the last 18 months.
I am glad that you have finally got a call that allows you to be able to start to grieve but am so angry that you were denied the right to bring her home to rest at the time.
Poppy - run free at the bridge & look over your family xxx
- 2013-04-12 20:13 Jo
- It is with great sadness that I let you know that Poppy went to Rainbow Bridge even before the kennels told us she was missing. We had call today from a very credible source. It has come to light that Poppy got out though the front gate and was hit by a car. The kennels removed her body and buried her at the kennels, staff it seems were threatened to keep it quiet. Three days later they phoned us on holiday to say that Poppy had got out though a hole in the fence and was missing, we were told how they had been searching for days and had been unsuccessful in finding her. We spent over 5 months day and night looking for her and attending every possible sighting, I ran a trap in Aston Clinton for over 8 weeks going up about 4 times a day in the hope that one of the sightings would eventually bring her home . As time has gone on, 18 months, there is not a week where we have not felt great sadness, not knowing where she is and if she is safe. So today at least there has been closure and more than the great anger I feel towards the kennels knowing that the grief would have been fleeting compared to the day to day anguish of not knowing, I want to express how amazing everyone who supported us over the last 18 months has been, those searching, postering, the walkers and a special thank to the Doglost team, without whom the doglost journey would have been impossible. Jo xxLast edited: 2013-04-12 20:19:46 by Jo
- 2013-01-12 20:58 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Still looking out for you Poppy xx
- 2012-12-29 15:36 reggiemollieros
- I am sorry but the found dog I mentioned below is now reunited.
- 2012-12-29 11:07 reggiemollieros
- There is a Found Black Cocker Spaniel just been added today Doglost ID 46728 if you would like to take a look. On the poster says she has been taken to Ark House vets so not sure if she has been scanned yet.
- 2012-12-11 23:24 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Angus, Jo and I live in the same village and I am constantly on the lookout for Poppy. Every Cocker out on a walk is eyed up suspiciously so much so that the owners eye me up suspiciously! Stay strong Jo xx
- 2012-11-13 22:42 Angus - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Milton Keynes
- I met up with Poppy's owners last weekend, they are still looking for Poppy but find it very hard to visit this page as it stirs such emotion with them - if there are any viable possibles then these will be explored from all angles - please continue to look for Poppy xx
- 2012-11-09 15:24 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Haven't forgotten you Poppy and family. I will be moving to Watermead in a couple of weeks, so will be able to keep a look out on a daily basis from then xx
- 2012-10-04 18:36 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Black female cocker spaniel on today's FOUND page. Possibly a bit younger than Poppy, but worth a look. Found straying in the north west x
- 2012-09-26 19:31 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo, hope you are well. Not sure if you have seen this and done or had already done as per request below:
Today we had Kent police using the scanner for a lot of dogs in one place they were ''visiting''
Whilst many on site are chipped owners have still not put in the chip number.
IT IS SO IMPORTANT THAT THIS IS DONE AS IT LINKS DIRECT OUR SITE TO THE SCANNER.
IT GIVES A MESSAGE REPORTED AS MISSING ON DOGLOST.
OK IT WILL STILL SCAN THE DOGS BUT IF IT COMES UP AS MISSING THEY CAN SEIZE THE DOG STRAIGHT AWAY. THEY DO NOT HAVE TO WAIT TO PHONE FOR DETAILS WHICH IS NOT ALWAYS POSSIBLE UNDER SOME CIRCUMSTANCES.
SO OWNERS PLEASE LOG IN ADD YOUR CHIP NUMBER. IT WILL NOT BE SEEN TO EVERYONE. ONLY YOURSELF AND SOME ADMIN DOGLOST STAFF.
IF YOU CANNOT DO THIS YOURSELF SEND AN EMAIL WITH DOGS NAME POSTCODE OR ID NUMBER IF KNOWN. HEAD THE EMAIL MICROCHIP DETAILS AND SEND IT AND WE WILL GET IT DONE.
FOR THESE SCANNERS TO WORK THE BEST WAY WE MUST HAVE THE CHIP NUMBER PUT ON.
- 2012-09-19 21:29 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Still checking Poppy's page for news. Won't give up looking and hoping either Jo x
- 2012-09-11 23:06 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo, i've not given up either and still continuing to keep an eye out. xxLast edited: 2012-09-11 23:11:17 by ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- 2012-09-11 20:43 Jo
- Thanks Bazil for still looking out for Pops.
Claire the dog you have just text me about is also not Poppy
Not given up - still hopeful!
- 2012-08-30 08:57 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Bazil, Jo confirmed that the dog was not Poppy. Thank you for keeping an eye out. Regards
- 2012-08-29 14:19 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Bazil have text Jo to ask her to have a look. Regards
- 2012-08-22 12:02 bazil
- Found small female Cocker ID 42265 on here, has recently been groomed. Don't think it is Poppy but worth a look to rule out x
- 2012-08-05 10:31 janiejewel1649
- Just checking up to see if any news of Poppy`s whereabouts. She has to be somewhere. Hope she is soon found. Paws and fingers xd.
- 2012-08-03 22:09 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Claire. I believe Jo looked in to handing out posters at last year's Bucks County Show, but the organisers told her she couldn't do that or put them on car windscreens - what a joke eh? Can't believe a whole year has gone by already. I will be out and about Winslow way tomorrow, so will be on the lookout for Poppy as always x
- 2012-07-31 09:40 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo always on the lookout for Poppy. Hoping to go to Bucks Show this year 30th Aug and wondered if you would like me to hand out/leaflet parked cars as there will be a few thousand people there to help raise awareness of Poppy? Also will be doing this for another dog. Let me know. xx
- 2012-07-29 22:12 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Jo. I'm sure I am one of many who have been thinking of you, your family and Poppy today. I am convinced someone has taken her in and that one day her microchip will bring her home to you. I still have her poster up at work and am often asked if there is any news of her. As I said in my post below, I will never give up looking for her when I am out and about the villages. Love to you all, Alison xx
- 2012-07-29 19:44 Jo
- So, today is the day that I have been dreading. The doglost journey had so many targets, she will be home tomorrow,the end of the weekend, by next week, by Christmas but most surely before the year is up. Today is that day and she is not home but still in my thoughts every day.
Thank you to everyone who in the past year has helped me try to find Poppy. Those who helped me though the really difficult times and to those who walked and talked to inform everyone of Poppy, those who put up posters and everyone who is still looking.
If she was able to be found then Team Poppy would have found her!
- 2012-07-29 11:20 callypepps
- Still thinking of you Poppy, and your loving family, 1 year on. Still praying that you will be re-united, and until then, will always remember you, and keep looking out for you. Keep safe. xx
- 2012-07-21 19:16 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Jo - there is a black female cocker on today's Found page - i.d 41430. Found in Stoke on Trent. Have asked for a photo. Will never stop looking for Poppy xx
- 2012-07-11 12:31 3 cavaliers
- Thinking of you Jo , we still keep looking on our travels.
- 2012-07-11 11:59 Mal
- Still check every day hoping for some good news or a sighting and fully understand how painful your loss must be and how strong your love for Poppy will always be. Check the internet constantly and will let you know if anything crops up. Kindest thoughts.
- 2012-07-06 10:37 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo, I and a lot of others still look everyday. I fully understand how you feel and if I were to see any dog resembling Poppy I will most certainly let you know. I'm sure others will do exactly the same. Fond regards x
- 2012-07-06 09:04 Jo
- I have just heard that Poppy is in Countryman Weekly this week - thank you Doglost team.
So nearly a year on there is still not a day that I don't think about her. I haven't been on the website for about 6 weeks and that is not beacuse I don't care or don't want to find her it is just the thought of re-living the loss makes me feel sick. You never know how much you love a dog until they are gone.
- 2012-07-04 12:49 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Jo. Sorry I haven't left any messages for a while (busy trying to sell our house) but have still been checking Poppy's page. Just seen a brilliant suggestion on Sid's page (36348) about handing out fliers on the Olympic torch route. I think Aylesbury might be nearest for you? There should be hundreds of people lining the route, so would be a fantastic opportunity to make more people aware of Poppy and other local missing dogs. What do you think? Perhaps a multi poster would be best? The torch will be passing through Aylesbury on Monday (9th). Alison x
- 2012-06-19 13:45 Mal
- Jo I know its difficult to remain positive but after all the publicity and good news about Biscuit the Springer being found could we try and have a big relauch/poster all over the UK coming up to a year since Poppy went missing; if she hasnt been found by then how about a national awarness day when we all publicise Poppy where we can; it just might jog someones memory about a black Cocker that appeared in their area over the last year? Hope she is somehow found soon.. Kindest thoughts.
- 2012-06-03 10:34 Missing Dogs UK
- Hi sorry if it's not her, just thought id show you incase http://www.bathcatsanddogshome.org.uk/rehoming/dogs/faye/2863/
- 2012-05-31 13:03 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Jo. Still looking out for Poppy. Hubbie and I are touring all over the Bucks countryside every weekend on our motorbike at the moment (STILL house hunting!!)Constantly on the lookout for her. Get a much better view than from the inside of a car! Alison xx
- 2012-05-23 11:43 Jo
- I try not to come on the Doglost site too much, it becomes so absorbing and before you know where you are a couple of hours have passed. I am still hoping and waiting for Poppy to come home although I know the chances of this after 10 months are very slim.
- 2012-05-11 15:04 scootjockey
- Jo Ive just seen the found black cocker with lumps and bumps. I felt Id seen this dog on lost. Done a search and it was Poppy I had in mind. Sorry its not her. Discription is so similar. Really wished it was her, so sorry. We keep on keeping on untill she`s home love stolen Tays mum x
- 2012-05-11 11:00 Jo
- Thnsk you for the message - I have just called and it is not Poppy, how I wish it was!
- 2012-05-11 10:29 Scruffpot
- Black cocker found near Louth. Spoke to lady who has her, dog has a small spot of white on chest and a few lumps and bumps. Pic looks similar to me. Worth checking out I would say, dog warden going to collect soon, so suggest you move fast. http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_blog.php?dogId=39385
- 2012-05-05 19:11 slabcabbage
- I still check in also Jo,
Poppy is always in my prayers every night.
- 2012-04-30 19:33 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo, she's not forgotten and still Team Poppy continue to keep an eye out for her and want nothing more than her safe return. Would you like me to hand out posters of Poppy at the Chiltern Hills Car Rally. This is just a thought but because there are (at the moment) 3-4 of us what about something postcard size and then all 4 dogs could go together stapled and people could keep thse handy in their cars. Let me know if you want Poppy included. xx
- 2012-04-29 19:37 Jo
- Hi All, as always a big thank you for still hoping for Poppy's safe return.
Nine months today that Poppy went missing - such a long time. Five months since a possible last sighting.
Every day I still hope that someone has her, that she is being looked after and that one day she will be returned to us.
- 2012-04-26 08:58 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo, hope you are all OK? I have been in touch with one of the organiser of The Chiltern Hills Rally reference putting up a little stand for Doglost and distributing flyers etc on some of these missing dogs. Sam (Teddy's owner) & Quigley's owner are keen and wondered if you would like Poppy's details distributed as well? As you know the Rally attracts a few thousand people and another good way of letting people know about these missing dogs. Let me know. Regards x
- 2012-04-15 16:06 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Still checking Poppy's page, praying and hoping xx
- 2012-04-02 09:44 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo, there are some other volunteers who are out looking for another couple of dogs locally namely Quigley (Owner Holly) and Teddy Dog ID 35377(Owner Sam) (Female GSD)they both have contacts of people going to the shows ie Point to Point & I think the Thame Show who would be willing to perhaps put up a few posters for. Somebody on one of the other missing dog sites thought Doglost would perhps consider putting on a stall manned by volunteers. Would emailing them at Admin be of any use or if anyone is reading this can they help out. Sadly Jo I'm not around this Easter weekend as I'm off to visit daughter up North if the petrol stations ever fill up!Last edited: 2012-04-02 19:37:51 by ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- 2012-04-01 21:47 NickyJ
- Thame Country Fair is on Easter Sunday and Monday @ Thame showground http://www.livingheritagecountryshows.co.uk for anyone able to go. It's not the Thame Show as such, but there'll be a Dog Zone - worth distributing flyers or asking to pin up a DogLost poster or 2.
- 2012-04-01 16:41 Jo
- We have not had any calls or additional information comming from the ad, it was a long shot but we are always hopeful. We are not about for the Thame show - I had not even thought of going and now I regret having other plans.
- 2012-03-31 15:20 NickyJ
- I do so hope you get some news through the ad in the Countryman's Weekly - Also a good idea to do something at Thame show, I fancy going myself so if I manage to go I'll take some posters.
- 2012-03-30 19:35 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo, this is only a suggestion, but with the 2 shows coming up very soon ie Point to Point at Kimble Races and also Thame County show why not use a very large poster of Poppy to display at the entrance of the field or very nearby? I did suggest to someone else that they could also wear a "sandwich" type board again with large picture of Poppy and you would be surprised as to how many people would take notice of it.
- 2012-03-30 18:12 Jan
- Still looking Jo and always available if needed x
- 2012-03-29 19:26 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Still checking Poppy's page on a daily basis. Must admit my heart skipped a beat when I saw she'd been bumped to the top again. Had hoped it was due to a sighting, but it WILL be one day soon I'm sure xx
- 2012-03-28 20:52 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- You can still count me in Jo. You have my number. xx
- 2012-03-28 19:53 Sherlock Bones Police Liaison Co-ordinator
- Always looking for her Jo... Keep your chin up... she's out there somewhere xx
- 2012-03-28 19:16 Jo
- I noticed that Poppy has been bumped due to her being advertised in the Countryman's Weekly. I do hope that the ad and her being bumped does give us fresh information.
She is missed every single day and the not knowing where she is is so very hard. My heartfelt thanks to 'Team Poppy' who have spent the last 8 months with me on our search to find her.
- 2012-03-28 16:11 Jo
- Sue, thank you so very very much.
- 2012-03-28 10:25 B30
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine. I hope it brings some news.
- 2012-03-22 18:36 slabcabbage
- Same here, still keep checking in...Wishing.
One day there will be good news, so many dogs have been
found several years later...
don't lose heart Jo...
big hugs to you.
- 2012-03-21 20:32 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Here, here redd_angel!!
- 2012-03-21 11:42 redd_angel
- We are a stuborn lot Jo! Will never stop looking and hoping! xxx
- 2012-03-20 11:53 Jo
- Such a shame but nothing to add to the search, there have been no further sightings of a cocker. At one point there were 3 cocker/sprocker missing in the area although 37926 went back to where she was lost. The finding out about the cocker 36877 is still on my mind, although I am sure that this is not Poppy as the dog is described as young - it would have been nice if they had returned calls etc.
Poppy has soon been missing for 8 months and I think that now it will take something very special to get her back to us.
A heart felt thank you to everyone who is still looking and still hoping.
- 2012-03-18 14:29 NickyJ
- I was so hopeful about the Stanbridge sightings of a black spaniel because the canal goes up to Leighton Buzzard from the reservoirs just north of Aston Clinton - had really hoped that it meant something - in fact it might do but this dog that was so clearly seen by people has proved to be elusive.
- 2012-03-13 10:06 redd_angel
- Been to Stanbridge a couple of times too and check here a couple of time a day for any news.
Has anyone managed to find out a bit more about the cocker that was found (36877)?
- 2012-03-11 21:37 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Haven't posted for a little while, but still actively looking for Poppy when out and about the villages - which is most weekends now. Alison x
- 2012-03-11 11:41 NickyJ
- Well a shame that it looks like it's gone quiet around the Stanbridge area, I've been back walking around there and there's no word of any further possible sightings of the black cocker. Still looking, Nicky.
- 2012-03-07 20:40 Jan
- Managed to speak to the dog warden regarding the unclaimed black cocker 36877. They think they know who the dog belongs to but this hasn't been confirmed. I have given the dog warden Poppy's dog lost id and he has said he will pass this on to the Kennels where the dog is so they can compare. So now contact has been made jsut hoping for a message to rule Pops in or out.
- 2012-03-04 15:42 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Dog Found 36877 Black Cocker. Have enquired a bit more about this dog and here below is the email I received from the Dog Lost Team today. Maybe worth checking out as well.
Hi Claire the found dog was put on by the council dog warden, we have no further information I'm afraid. Feel free to call their number listed, or their email is: email@example.com
On 29.02.2012 16:37, Claire Chevin wrote:
> Hi, have asked the question on this cocker Dog ID 36877
> but nobody has responded as to whether it is a dog or bitch. Just
> really thinking of Jo Poppy's Mum (31602)whose black cocker did
> have multi coloured collar on when she went missing. Perhaps someone
> could find out a little more about this dog please.
- 2012-03-01 19:51 Jan
- Hi Jo as promised Millie and I went up to the Stanbridge area this afternoon, we were walking the footpaths all around including the footpath that crosses over the A505 via a bridge, just over 2 hours in total. Sadly nothing to report saw lots of hares, rabbits and cats no black spaniels apart from Mills of course! We will head back at the weekend to try again. It was good to see some small posters of Poppy over there too.
- 2012-02-29 17:12 Jo
- Spent some time in the sighting area and handed out some little leaflets (thanks Charlotte) with Sid on them. I am always overwhelmed by how small a dog is to find in such a big area. It seems a huge task but as we all know not impossible - Charlotte the Bassett Hound lost from kennels (yes, yet another dog/family let down) was in that same area re-united yesterday!
- 2012-02-29 08:57 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Good luck today Jo - let's hope this turns out to be Poppy or Sid xx
- 2012-02-28 18:43 Jan
- Hi Jo Scott and I are going to go up to the Stanbridge area in a bit to have a reccie, this will mean that I can get up there on Thursday afternoon and spend as much time as possible walking in the hope of spotting the dog. Unfortunately I can't get there tomorrow as I have training classes to run. We will also plan our weekend walks around the area barring the success of reuniting either Poppy or Sid or preferably both. x
- 2012-02-28 17:18 Angela
- Hi, we did a door to door leaflet drop in Stanbridge and Tilsworth after quite few sightings. I'd like to think someone would keep hold of the dog and call me even if they are not sure. Fingers crossed x
- 2012-02-28 15:42 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo,my thoughts if someone does catch either of the dogs then hopefully that person would still either make a call or even taken them to a vet to see if chipped. I think you should still put up some posters especially as I believe there is an article going into local paper. Last thing anybody would want is for someone to pick up a black dog and think its a girl and not Sid and let it go again and vice versa!
- 2012-02-28 15:20 Jo
- I am up there tomorrow, I was going to take posters of Poppy but I think it would be best if I see a gap to put up ones of Sid. The last thing I would want is for someone not to make the important call because they are not sure who's dog it is.
- 2012-02-28 15:12 NickyJ
- I've been walking all around Stanbridge and surrounding footpaths this morning, the area is very well postered and stickered for Lost Sid so I really hope that if anyone sees or catches any stray black Cocker over that way they will contact Sid's owners.
- 2012-02-27 18:14 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo, there is an RAF station nearby (RAF Stanbridge) who may be worth contacting (ask for Adjutant or Police Flt) to see if they will message around the sections and military houses for people to keep an eye out for these dogs. I will leave this same message on Angela (Sid's owner) page.
Last edited: 2012-02-27 18:15:31 by ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- 2012-02-27 17:07 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Checking in regularly for updates and keeping everything crossed that this is one of them xx
- 2012-02-27 15:58 Jo
- Redd-angel, I have great appreciation for your help today. I have cut and pasted your search on Sid's page to help his team. At this moment it could be either of our dogs out there.
- 2012-02-27 13:35 redd_angel
- Spend around 2hrs near five bells pub in stanbridge. Unfortunately nothing to report. One lady I spoke to heard about a missing black dog that had been sighted in the area. Went to the Stud farm and spoke to one of the residents in there Accomadation units. Owner wasn't there, but he said he'll ask the owner to keep an eye out and check outbuildings. There are dogs running loose, so am not hopeful that Poppy or Sid would seek refuge there. From what I could see, the area has lots of barns/outbuildings for a dog to seek shelter.
To be honest, I find this possible sighting more realistic then the AC ones. Especially as there was a possible sighting in the Aston Abbotts area. It would make sense for Poppy to be in the Stanbridge area now. Unfortunately I haven't got a working printer, so couldn't take any posters.
For anyone heading out there, the 5 bells pub is actually on the junction of Leighton Rd/Tilsworth Rd/Station Rd. The Stud farm is where it says 5 Bells pub on the map.
Got everything crossed for a reunion!
As for you hoax callers/texters out there....get a life and go and do some charity work to make you feel wanted and important! All you do is add salt to open wounds! Last edited: 2012-02-27 13:42:54 by redd_angel
- 2012-02-27 11:06 Jo
- Redd-angel, thanks for your text, I have sent a very long reply. I am a bit in the dark about some of the sightings in that area.
Nickyj thanks for updating the map.
- 2012-02-27 10:38 redd_angel
- It was me that text you earlier Jo. I'll be heading to Leighton Buzzard shortly for a stake out. Angela
- 2012-02-26 19:38 Jo
- Hi everyone, thanks for your posts.
I have tried to follow up on the found dog but just get an answering machine - I'll keep trying.
I have spoken to Sid's Mums sister today who also saw the dog, it was quite far away and so she is not sure what breed - the man who originally saw the dog does however think that it is an unkempt cocker. The sighting is about 10 miles (straight line) from where Poppy was lost so it is a chance - but I would also not discount it being Sid. He would not now come to being called to his name and his instinct would be to run, he has been out on his own for 6 weeks and he is no longer the 'pet' that he was. I have left a message for Angela to call and hope that I can get more information about the sightings. Who ever the dog belongs to it needs to be home with its family.
Incidentally Poppy has been included on the poster and leaflets that are being distributed in Sid's area as the lady organising the posters for the loss of the 3 dogs over that way had a space on the final 1/4 page. (Is this luck or fate?)
Nickyj Thank you - I can not explain how this does not get any easier and how everyday my thoughts are about Poppy and where she could be. Keep in touch if you hear anything. Let's see what tomorrow brings.
- 2012-02-26 17:45 NickyJ
- Jo, I'm sure you're already aware but I just wanted to note on here that the owners of lost Sid 36348 have spotted a stray black cocker near Stanbridge, Leighton Buzzard and they don't think it's their Sid because of the way it ran across a field. People locally are trying to catch the dog.
I know it's a long shot, but always hoping.
I completely understand that it could be upsetting for you to chase this up so I'm going to look further into this myself and will let you know if anything else potentially interesting occurs. The other thing to mention is that the owners of lost Charlotte the Bassett Hound 37226 are looking in the same area for her - between Billington Road and Stanbridge.
Last edited: 2012-02-26 21:23:18 by NickyJ
- 2012-02-22 08:21 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Jo. Just to let you know I'm still actively looking out for Poppy even if I don't post on here all the time. I'll be out and about the villages (Winslow, Buckingham, the Claydons etc) this Saturday, so will keep my eyes open and spread the word whereever I can. Alison x
- 2012-02-21 17:44 Jan
- Hi Jo I have just been having a look at the dogs found page and there is a black Cocker Spaniel found on 3rd February in the South West there are very few details not even gender but someone called Karen did ask the question could it be Poppy on 10/02 but this hasn't been answered and hasn't appeared on Poppy's page. It does say that there is no microchip but can they fail? I know it's a long shot but may be worth a call? the ID is 36877. Still looking, still hoping for you and Poppy X
- 2012-02-14 17:39 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo, I know exactly how you feel about looking at site. But if you don't want to look at any others just keep an eye out on Sid's page just in case. Kind regards
- 2012-02-14 11:51 Jo
- Thank you to everyone who has posted. I do come on the site every day to look at Poppy's page just in case there is a new lead but I don't login. I know that once I login I can be on here for hours looking at every missing dog, feeling upset for both owner and dog - not a great way to fill the day.
Claire - I do not think that the dog over Luton way is Poppy. She had a red/black/white collar when she went missing but this was nearly 7 months ago and her state would be that of a very matted dog with very long hair and I do not think that the collar would be seen under all of the hair.
- 2012-02-14 09:07 slabcabbage
- Still here Jo
Poppy is never far from my mind, and in my prayers every night.
- 2012-02-12 21:55 NickyJ
- Hi Jo, I think of Poppy everyday, and always scan fields and into the distance looking out for her when I'm out walking or driving around the area. Please keep my mobile number should you ever receive a call and need a helper to get
somewhere quickly. Will always do all I can. x
- 2012-02-12 17:06 Jan
- Hi Jo I know it's a long time since I posted. I wanted to reassure you that we are always looking out for Poppy wherever we walk or drive, still talking to people and making a point of making a fuss of any black cocker or type that we see just in case. Poppy is never far from our thoughts and we will continue to search for her for as long as it takes. Please keep us in mind if we could help you if there are any possible sightings where some extra people could aid bringing her home.
- 2012-02-10 14:17 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo
Did Sid's owner get in touch with you re picture of black cocker thats not Sid by any chance? Also was Poppy wearing a Red collar?
- 2012-02-08 22:35 Jo
- B'n'O Mum, the more people that are aware that Poppy is still out there then the more chance we have to get her home. So whilst you are on your house hunting travels please let as many people know as you can. We really appreciate your dedication in trying to locate Poppy.
- 2012-02-08 20:15 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I'm currently dealing with some estate agents in Buckingham. Have you already informed any of them? I will gladly do this for you if you wish. I will always keep looking for Poppy and trying to think of new avenues to try Jo. Love to you and your family xx
- 2012-02-08 14:09 Jo
- Estate Agents from Winslow through Aylesbury into Berkhampsted have all been informed and all left with leaflets with Poppy's picture on. Claire Lloyd Property were great and Claire used her influence to get Mix 96 to put out announcements towards the back end of last year. I feel very humbled that you are all still there hoping for the best possible outcome. Thank You.
- 2012-02-08 12:50 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- It might sound daft, but have you notified any estate agents about Poppy? It's just that we were viewing houses last weekend and the thought came to me that estate agents will be travelling around the villages and countryside doing house viewings at all times of day and might just spot something...
- 2012-02-08 08:32 slabcabbage
- Just checking in Jo.
Still thinking of you and Poppy she is always in my prayers
- 2012-02-07 22:17 Jo
- Thanks to the both of you, I hadn't checked Sid's page today. I hope that it is a lost dog about to be returned home. Fingers crossed and stay safe little one.
- 2012-02-07 21:23 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- You beat me to it Claire!! Great minds think alike eh? Alison x
- 2012-02-07 17:22 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo, don't wish to raise hopes too high but keep a lookout on Sid's (36348)(Black Cocker)Page. If the picture is not Sid who knows xx
- 2012-02-05 18:20 jobadger
- I too check back on Poppy's page regularly - I think of you often. xx
- 2012-02-03 09:35 Jo
- B'n'O Mum, it is difficult to know what is the best thing to do. Some posters have been removed and lamp posts have been cleaned up, I assume by the council. There are sill a numerous around. I have removed a couple which were on the walk that my youngest son takes to school. He is still very upset and he does not need reminding of our loss on a daily basis, I have also removed the poster from my car, for much the same reason.
- 2012-02-01 12:52 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Had a drive around yesterday, but nothing to report I'm afraid. Jo - when I drove through Aston Clinton and Weston Turville I didn't see any of Poppy's posters. I wondered if you've taken them down or if someone else is doing so?
- 2012-01-30 19:59 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Me too Ruth! I'm in Aylesbury for a meeting tomorrow morning and fully intend having a drive around the villages again afterwards x
- 2012-01-30 18:01 Ruth
- I still think about Poppy and check back to this page every day, just in case. I'm not over Aylesbury way very often but when I am I will continue to keep my eyes peeled - some dogs just do that to you, and for me Poppy is one of them xx
- 2012-01-30 15:44 slabcabbage
- Still thinking about Poppy
send prayers everynight for her and you Jo
Stay strong xxx
- 2012-01-29 22:06 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Jo, do you think the Bucks Herald would be interested in doing another article - mentioning that it's now 6 months on and perhaps showing a picture of your boys holding a photo of Poppy (to play on someone's conscience if they have picked her up and held on to her, or to get more people looking). Not quite sure how you feel about getting your youngsters involved in this way though?
- 2012-01-29 20:27 Becky Taylor
- Hi Jo, not posted for a while, but still here and looking out everyday and hoping that the day will be the day. Stay strong. Beckyxx
- 2012-01-29 19:46 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I will always keep looking out for Poppy too Jo. As I've mentioned before, my husband and I are house hunting in the villages surrounding Aylesbury at the moment. We are out and about most weekends and are fully prepared should she pop up (food, dog lead etc and I have your number saved on my mobile!). It must be so hard for you and your family, but please try to stay positive. Sending you a big hug, Alison xx
- 2012-01-29 17:11 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo, never a problem to still continue to keep looking for Poppy and I guess I always will do. Stay strong. Love Claire
- 2012-01-29 17:08 Jo
- So, today it has been six months to the day that Champion Boarding Kennels lost Poppy. I did not think that we would still be wondering where she was a week after she went missing let alone 6 months later. In fact before she went missing I didn't know that dogs got 'lost'. The rollercoaster of emotions continues daily, everyday tasks have a missing helper. If I have to pass Bierton near to where she was lost - I always have the thoughts; did she die here, was she picked up and is with someone or still on her own?
I have the knowledge that we 'Team Poppy' did everything we could to find her and through the whole mess I have met some amazing people who have put themselves out to help in the search - THANK YOU to all of you.
- 2012-01-26 20:38 callypepps
- Same here Jo, still thinking of you both. Still have Poppys poster in my car, and only today had someone come up and read it, and promised to keep a look out. Stay strong, we're all still here as the others have said. xx
- 2012-01-25 23:55 funkydawgi
- How do!! Ditto to all comments, we were in Aston clinton park today & posters still up but alas no sighting :-(. Jo I know we all don't post as nothing to report but we are team Poppy!! we won't give up :-)
- 2012-01-24 12:30 redd_angel
- I am sure Poppy is still out there and missing you as much as you miss her. I've got everything crossed she'll be reunited with you and your family soon!
- 2012-01-23 22:09 Jo
- The dog mentioned on Sid's page seems to be a local dog that escapes.
Thank you to everyone still following and still hoping for good news. I am hopeful but realistic about Poppy coming home. Stay safe, little one.
- 2012-01-23 17:06 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo just been on "Sid's" page and Kolesy is saying that the dog was going flat on its belly. I'm not sure worth checking with AC Vets whether this is more of a female submissive trait rather than a dog. I know Remy does it but never in all of the boys I've ever owned. Usually a sign of "don't hurt me I'm really nice and I give in" trait. Might be worth checking it out. Regards Claire
- 2012-01-22 20:24 slabcabbage
- Hi Jo,
Just want you to know that I am still thinking about Poppy and you everyday,
breaks my heart to know she is still out there.
You will find her I'm sure.
I have a little elderly black cocker girl ex puppy farm
and every time I look at her I think of Poppy.
Big Hugs to you pet, wish I could do more for you.
- 2012-01-21 11:58 Jo
- I have not had a call, but have checked the area where the dog was seen. I think that it is too far. I can only assume that the dog was seen during the day and this would not fit with a dog who has been feral for 6 months. The person also thought that it might have been Sid hence they posted on his site, he has been missing since 15/1/12 and therefore would still be quite 'tidy' which Poppy would not. I can only guess at these things! I think of Poppy everyday and miss her so very much. Hoping that she is safe and being cared for.
- 2012-01-20 11:33 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Sorry to put you through this again Jo, but felt I had to mention it just incase xx
- 2012-01-20 10:46 Jo
- I have posted on Sid's page for the person who saw the dog to give me a call. I feel sick all over again. I just want her to be safe.
- 2012-01-20 10:32 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Barney & Ozzies Mum
Have notified Jo on this latest posting.
- 2012-01-19 22:02 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- HI JO. I HAVE JUST SEEN THIS POST ON SID'S (36348) PAGE. I THINK THIS IS THE DUNSTABLE AREA AND WONDERED IF IT COULD POSSIBLY BE POPPY IF IT'S NOT SID??
2012-01-19 16:20 KOLESY
I phoned owner today as I saw little black cocker in spinney woods behind Marsh Farm flats. Sorry couldnt get him as had my 2 dogs & my big one kept barking at him. Not sure if its Sid but he was very scared & on his own. Went back & owners son & friend were looking for him but no luck. Please can anyone in Marsh Farm/ Sundon Park area please keep look out. Have been told by elderly couple he run up towards Rossfold Rd part of woods. Maybe not Sid but was a black Cocker & on own so must be someones pet so please keep eye out for this little fella
- 2012-01-16 07:42 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Went for a ride around the villages on Saturday with hubbie on motorbike. Nothing to report I'm afraid, other than that I got a strange tingling down my spine when we were riding near Whitchurch. Could have just been the cold, who knows, but I was fine up to that point. Will keep looking until she is home xx
- 2012-01-15 22:24 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Am still looking also. Went down to AC Park for a couple of mornings this week and had a walk around. Saw a black cocker in Aylesbury today and thought I'll just go up and make a fuss and check it out but the owner said to the dog(who was sitting) now be a good boy Alfie!!!
So yep still on the look out and likewise most of my friends in various areas. Let me know if you need company on any of your hot" walks. xxLast edited: 2012-01-15 22:26:07 by ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- 2012-01-14 08:38 Jo
- Thank you all so much. The weather has now turned colder and I am not too sure if this helps or not. There has been no news for a long time and I hope that this means she has been taken in. I have a feeling that we will never know. I am still popping into the pet stores to remind people that she is missing and I am looking in the previously 'hot' areas. Still hoping for her return,
- 2012-01-12 17:56 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Ditto to slabcabbage and redd_angel's comments. I guess there's a few more doing the same too judging by the number of "views" Poppy's page has had (29151 - wow!) Me and hubbie will be driving around the villages surrounding Aylesbury most weekends in our search for a new home, so I really hope we spot her and can get her back home where she belongs xxLast edited: 2012-01-12 17:58:45 by Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- 2012-01-12 15:40 slabcabbage
- Hello Jo.
Just like Redd_angel
I want you to know I to am still login in to check on Poppy every day.
Wish with all my heart that she will soon be reunited with you.
everything here crossed
- 2012-01-11 10:05 redd_angel
- Hi Jo, postings on here are getting fewer, but I just wanted to let you know that I am still looking out for Poppy every day and I am sure a lot of other people are too!
Got everything crossed that there is another sighting soon and she can finally be reunited with you and your family!
- 2012-01-05 17:30 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Jo, just checking in. Was hoping the windy weather might bring forth some sightings if Poppy is anything like my Barney! He loves being out in the wind with his nose up in the air, sniffing all the smells brought forth on it. I should imagine some of your posters will have been carried off on it though :( I'm out that way again on Saturday, so will have another drive around x
- 2012-01-02 23:31 Jo
- Nickyj - thanks for the info on the found Cocker, I had not looked on the found page for a day and it just could have been her - although that lucky dog is now home. Poppy's microchip is registered with the details that she is missing and the date that the kennels lost her.
- 2012-01-02 21:40 funkydawgi
- How do....just like the others I log in but if nothing to report don't always post or else I'll end up saying something like " Don't get your knickers in a knot, it solves nothing & makes you walk funny!!" so as it's not helpful to do such things I just want you to know still peeling my eyes for Pops!!
- 2012-01-02 21:11 Sherlock Bones Police Liaison Co-ordinator
- Happy New Year, Jo. Let's hope 2012 brings Poppy back home xx
- 2012-01-02 15:56 NickyJ
- Jo, I'm sure that you have Poppy's microchip info up-to-date, but I was just wondering if you have updated her microchip info as 'missing' or have been able to put some sort of additional note on her details?
Still looking of course. xLast edited: 2012-01-02 21:41:49 by NickyJ
- 2012-01-02 15:41 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo, just wanted to say I don't think any of us will stop keeping an eye out for Poppy and I know I certainly wont. Did you think about placing another advert in the local paper just in case somebody has taken her in? I'm sure we ALL hope that there is another sighting in the not too distant future. As always, let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
- 2012-01-01 21:00 slabcabbage
- Hi Jo,
So Sorry that Poppy is not back yet, I feel so much for you and your family as the weeks go by and still no news, I still send prayers each night asking for her to be found,
Please don't give up hoping one day we will see her in THE BLUE I'm sure of it.
just want to give you big hugs.
Take care my friend,
- 2011-12-31 13:11 Jo
- Another target date passes tonight. Happy New Year to all. I really hope that Poppy has found a family that is looking after her, I completely understand that they would not want to give her back to us. Next year we will continue to look and be out and about, hoping that she will be home with us soon.
Thank you to everyone who has helped in our search this year, we could not have done more to try to find her.
- 2011-12-28 15:13 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Had a 2 hour drive around today which included Aston Abbotts, Little Horwood, Winslow and The Claydons, but sadly nothing to report. Saw lots of posters of Poppy around Little Horwood and in Winslow. So much open land though, that we really need to think of a way of spreading the word more. Do they have any farmers markets out that way and have you already let the ramblers association know? What about postering Buckingham where they hold the market - or have you already done this Jo? Saw a few bikers on our travels and I know a lot of them stop off at On Your Bike at Quainton. They normally have a burger van in the carpark, so that too would be a good place to poster if you haven't already done so xxLast edited: 2011-12-28 15:15:05 by Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- 2011-12-27 10:13 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Your family and Poppy have also been on my mind over Christmas Jo. I will be out and about to the north of Aylesbury this afternoon and will keep a look out for Poppy. Will also be driving around the countryside and villages (house hunting) later in the week, so will have another opportunity then to look out for her. Stay strong xx
- 2011-12-27 09:55 jobadger
- I had so hoped that your girl would be home. I check this page daily - sometimes several times a day but don't always comment. I cannot imagine what you're feeling right now. I do hope that there is positive news soon and I echo Ladykate's words - that she is safe and warm. Take care - thinking of you all. xx
- 2011-12-26 22:35 NickyJ
- Thinking of you and your family at Christmas Jo.
Always looking out for her. x
- 2011-12-26 19:05 Jo
- Santa did not grant my wish for Poppy to return to us for Christmas, 5 months to the day that we last saw Poppy. Keep safe and know that we are looking still and will not give up.
- 2011-12-24 23:58 LadyKate
- Merry Christmas Jo, to you and your family. If Poppy doesn't appear for Christmas I wish for her to be safe and warm; to have food and shelter and the determination to keep searching for home. XLast edited: 2011-12-25 00:00:38 by LadyKate
- 2011-12-24 22:52 callypepps
- Still thinking of you at Christmas Poppy, we havent forgotten you, and are still wating for the day you return home to your family, who love and miss you so much. xxx
- 2011-12-24 22:41 Jan
- As the Aston Abbots sighting has sadly gone cold, we have moved our searches
outside of the 'Poppy triangle' of Bierton, Watermead and the Weedon Road. We
have been searching the area west of the Buckingham Road and East of the Bierton
Road. Both huge expanses of fields and farmland.
Sadly nothing to report, just lots of crows, shadows and black polythene (where
does that all come from?) We are still out there though, with our binoculars
and maps ever hopeful that one day there will be a sign.
One hope is that she has been taken in somewhere, and is being looked after
safe fed and warm, and one day will be reunited with her real mum.
Merry Christmas Poppy and be safe wherever you are X
- 2011-12-24 09:35 Jo
- I am still doing the rounds in the usual areas. I never thought that we would get to Christmas without her coming home.
Thanks to everyone who checks in and who are still looking out for her.
- 2011-12-23 20:11 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Went out today and had a pre-festive look around towards Wing area before rain set in. So sorry but nothing to report. Have a virtually free day Christmas Eve if you need me to go elsewhere Jo. Keeping everything crossed that another sighting is due soon. I will email a friend who has a couple of allotments at Wing to get him and his wife and other friends of theirs to keep a lookout just in case Poppy's "Sat Nav" has gone wrong and is spotted up there.
- 2011-12-21 21:33 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Jo. Still checking Poppy's page 2 or 3 times a day, even if not always posting messages on here. I also intend to go walking in the area over the festive period, but really hoping you'll just find her curled up on your doorstep one morning xx
- 2011-12-21 10:12 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo have you given any further thought to perhaps another advert in Bucks Herald poss after Xmas in the hope that someone has taken her in thinking she is an abandoned dog whose owners have discarded her for Xmas rather than a much loved pet. Sadly, I'm sure there will be many animals on the "loose" during this period and it may just be worth another advert. Again if there are people out there wishing to go on a post-festive walk then the surrounding area(s) might be good sighting places. Everyone who looks at this site I'm sure will be keeping their eyes peeled for a sighting.
- 2011-12-20 21:13 Jo
- Slabcabbage thank you for still thinking of Poppy. I log on constantly just hoping that she has been found safe and well, moved to the blue and doglost haven't been able to contact me. Not reality but I still hope.
- 2011-12-19 17:56 slabcabbage
Just want to let you know I am still thinking about you and Poppy,
check in 3 times a day. just hoping to see her in the BLUE.
come on sweetheart, Mum want you home for Christmas,
we all do so much.
- 2011-12-18 09:57 Jo
- Thanks Funky. I wish I had an update to post but there is no new news.
- 2011-12-17 01:14 funkydawgi
- hey was in aston abbotts yesterday had a sneaky look around sadly nothing, refreshed customers minds about Poppy. So still on the case
- 2011-12-15 08:13 Jo
- The past couple of days just going over old ground. Not much more that I can do until she is spotted again.
- 2011-12-14 21:06 NickyJ
- Still on the look out over this side of Aylesbury, Jo. Will get out for more walks in other places over Christmas hols, will keep spreading the word, postering and looking out for her.
- 2011-12-14 20:47 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Fingers crossed that you're right Jo and you get another sighting. With the weather turning much colder I wonder if it would be worth concentrating on checking barns and outbuildings, although I appreciate there must be quite a few in the area? At least if we get a little snow it might make it easier to track her x
- 2011-12-13 10:50 Jo
- I worked the courage up today to go into AC Vets, they have dedicated one of their noticeboards to Poppy and her search. It was, as I expected very emotional but I really want to say a big THANK YOU everyone at AC Vets.
Today I have also taken down the trap, altogether it has been out for about 8 weeks and I feel that it is time to bring it back home. Last time this happened there was a sighting - so ever hopeful.
Forgot to thank Jan,Scott and Millie who are walking and walking hoping for another sighting.Last edited: 2011-12-13 10:52:36 by Jo
- 2011-12-12 14:14 carol
- ok so sorry i have only been following your search from afar - scotland as i was involved in a search for a lost dog here - Pheobe that was found.
hope she turns up for you you are all trying so hard
- 2011-12-12 13:54 Jo
- Carol - hopefully nothing has happened to Poppy! A bit of confusion I fear. I am Jo and Poppy's Mum, Angus is the doglost area co-ordinator for Bucks and she sadly lost her dog to Rainbow Bridge on Saturday. Angus has been there for me day in day out during my search for Poppy, she has called when there has been sightings and has given advice on actions to help get Poppy back. The extent that Angus supports us Doglost Mum's and Dad's is amazing.
- 2011-12-12 12:25 carol
- o no what happened to poor poppy?
- 2011-12-11 16:43 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Sorry to hear of your loss Angus. I know only too well the pain you are feeling right now, as my Ozzie went to Rainbow Bridge 4 weeks ago. They will have great fun playing together in the forever sunshine, Alison xx
- 2011-12-11 15:33 Jo
- Angus - so sorry that your little girl went to Rainbow Bridge yesterday. Our thoughts are with you.
- 2011-12-10 21:07 Jan
- Another long walk today with the binoculars off the beaten track aroud the fields north of Bierton. Lots of trespassing but as long as nobody shoots at us we dont really care ! We're making as thorough search as we can all around the perimeters of fields and anywhere that Poppy could have been. Alas nothing to report. We feel so heartbroken for you Jo, but we havnt given up and will be out again tomorrow.
Scott Jan & Milly
- 2011-12-10 15:22 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Whilst travelling through Wing this morning I was scanning the fields but sadly nothing to report. The Vets in AC have done a good job with their Poppy poster and hopefully someone may have a further sighting and of course, a lot more people will be aware as a result of. Let me know if you would like another set of eyes next week. Regards
- 2011-12-10 10:02 Jo
- Black and white cat in the trap this morning, he had even eaten the tripe. Hung around after being let out so that he could laugh at my husband who is even worse than me at setting the door. Back up later to set the door (my husband gave up) and to re-stock with tripe.
- 2011-12-09 20:37 jobadger
- I mustadmit Nickj - I wondered the same thing. Poppy - wherever you are stay safe - take care. xx
- 2011-12-08 22:48 Jan
- Another trek around the fields of Aston Abbots today until the weather forced us back. We made it to the farm though for another look round. It was quiet so we had a naughty look in some of the buildings. What was encouraging is that it was absolutely foul outside but there were lots of open buildings that were warm, dry and safe. Now the weather has turned this was very noticeable, so fingers crossed she will seek shelter - and hopefully people somewhere !
Now that the farmer is on the lookout, we may turn our attention further away from Aston Abbots as there is so little evidence she is staying in one place for long.
Scott Jan & Milly
- 2011-12-08 21:56 Jo
- Thanks everyone for keeping up the search. NickyJ - we have live here for as long as we have had Poppy. Two years and then wondered home? At the start of this I could not imagine her being gone for a week, then that passed. So time has rolled on and on, now the next target is Christmas.
- 2011-12-08 21:30 NickyJ
- Yep, I'm still out and about walking and looking too. I wondered Jo - after reading about a lost lab who turned up at the house his family moved from two years ago - if you've lived at WT ever since you had Poppy, and if not, have you checked with any old addresses she's lived at before?
- 2011-12-08 17:59 funkydawgi
- Hey still looking, talking & walking hoping a black cocker pops up wanting a lift home!!!
- 2011-12-08 17:51 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Still logging on several times a day to check for news - come on Poppy, just stick your nose up into the wind and follow it home xx
- 2011-12-08 16:54 Angus - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Milton Keynes
- the wind can be a pain with the traps and as you say that heart in mouth moment as you approach - we are all routing for you Jo x
- 2011-12-08 16:41 Jo
- Oh the wind - I popped to the trap this afternoon to get ready for tonight and the trap was closed, I was quite excited as you can not see what is in the trap until you get completely in front of it. Nothing was in the trap!!!! I assume that the bad weather had knocked the door down. It then took me 1/2 to re-set the door. Anyone who has had one of these traps will know the task to set the door back up. So when this is over I will be designing a trap that is easy to set the door and a letter box that does not rip your hand off when putting leaflets through.
- 2011-12-08 09:04 Puddies
- still sadly watching from afar, if wishes and support could bring her home then she would be with you, hoping she is home for christmas, chin up and love to your family x
- 2011-12-07 16:38 Jo
- Went up to Aston Abbotts today, nothing to report, and the farm was closed again! Lucky Scott and Jan got to look yesterday.
Poppy, I haven't given up, I just can't find you.
- 2011-12-07 07:58 Jo
- Early morning trip to the trap but still empty. Scott/Jan thanks for yesterday.
- 2011-12-06 18:50 Jan
- Patrolled the fields around the farm again today with binoculars, but nothing. I spoke to the farmer though, who now having seen Millie knows what he's looking out for. I checked out his cow shed, and it is much warmer in there. Hopefully Poppy will seek warmth, and where there is warmth there are normally people.
The farmer said he is fine with us looking around the farm, but would rather we dont go into any of his buildings. He does have three feisty terriers though, and I have a feeling they would probably scare Poppy off if she was there.
Jan and I will continue to focus on the area within a mile or two of the Aston Abbots farm for now, as its the best information we have at the moment.
- 2011-12-06 16:26 Jo
- Scott - was up first thing this morning but no sightings. I do feel that if it was Poppy in Winslow and then her again in Aston Abbotts then she is on the move. Hopefully this way. Her coat will be long and warm and in a way the fact that she has spent so long outside her coat will be as nature intended with the build up of a winter coat as the temperature has been dropping. Thank you so much for looking for Poppy, the three of you have been amazing and both Poppy and I appreciate the time you are dedicating to finding her.
- 2011-12-06 09:22 Jan
- Hi Jo, Scott here, Jans other half. I will be in the farm area and surrounding fields with Millie from about 12:30. With the weather turning, we are hoping she will seek warmth and shelter, and we will be out looking for her every day.
- 2011-12-05 22:17 Jo
- Went up to the farm today to see if I could have a look round the buildings, the farmer was not there so need to have another try tomorrow.
Callypepps - I have put quite a few posters Winslow way, about 80 at the last count. Bierton does still have a few but some have now 'gone'. The main road is covered so are the walkways, I still stop and talk to the dog walkers that I see and they have all heard about Poppy's story. I have not been posting about the empty trap as it is very disappointing and hard to have to write it every day. Hope that tonight is the night and I can post great news in the morning.
- 2011-12-05 19:32 callypepps
- hi jo,
let me know if you need any specific area postering again, some of the original posters seem bit thin on the ground now,.. didnt notice so many out bierton way,..have you postered winslow ?? guess you have, but if you need any more taken out, no probs, just let me know which area to target !! Still praying for Poppys safe return for you all xx
- 2011-12-04 17:07 Jo
- Jan, Scott and Millie, thanks for the action replay. I will pop to see the farmer tomorrow (althoug I think that he travels back and forth between there and AC where he has more land) to see if I can have a look round. He does have dogs so I would think that it would be unlikely that they would not have sniffed out Poppy before now if she had taken residence. Come on Pop, I think you know where home is, we are waiting.
- 2011-12-04 14:22 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- My thoughts too Saza! Even if she's not there at the time of searching, there might be evidence of her having a den in one of the buildings x
- 2011-12-04 11:32 Saza
- Do you think the farmer would let Jo check the farm buildings for possible dog B&B guests? Fingers crossed she is there and soon home. xx
- 2011-12-04 09:41 Jan
- Back up to Aston Abbotts yesterday,to stage a re-enactment of exactly what I saw. I stayed by the gate, whilst Millie my own black Cocker, and Scott, went up to the field where I saw the dog to check whether indeed I could have seen what I thought. Well the good news is that yes I could, the field is a crop so Millie couldn't be placed exactly where the sighting was but I could see her even when put into a deep bit of crop at the edge. Scott got her to run down the field, and the movement was similar to what I saw. Funkdawg the distance was too far to determine if the dog was groomed or not all I can confirm is that it was black and Cocker Spaniel size. We have discovered that a footpath runs right beside the farm buildings and that field so there is a slight possibility that it was a dog walker who you wouldn't be able to see from where I was but considering on a bright Saturday morning we didn't see another soul I would say that the chances are very slim that this was the case, particularly as the dog was in the middle of a field with crops in. If indeed it was Poppy she would have had a choice at the bottom of going right into the area of the farm buildings or left and back out into open countryside. Having looked at the landscape there is really nothing in her way between Bierton, Aston Abbotts and beyond.
- 2011-12-03 18:19 NickyJ
- Well I did a long stretch of the canal yesterday, replaced a few posters, spoke to some fishermen and a dog walker who knew about Poppy already. Next I'll email some posters to local angling clubs.
- 2011-12-03 11:00 Jo
- Empty this morning. Yes, quite a bizarre call. I was in my car with a friend when I took it, I did not want to seem the zealot of dog safety, although I feel it is what I have become, so I was very polite. The consequences of a lost dog can not really be explained and only felt - and I would not wish that on anyone.
Funky I do not think that the fine detail would be able to be seem, but I will hope Jan posts.
Thinking about the previous possible sighting, the woman in Winslow said the dog ran very fast,and was glossy. A dog that is ferral would be at peak fitness and I also think that the hair although matted in places whould also be of good quality as the diet would be as nature intended for a dog. Hopefuly she will soon be home and can share a bag of 'Ready Salted' with Dad.
- 2011-12-02 23:50 funkydawgi
- what a bizarre phone call!!.
we are still looking & praying for Poppy.
Jan was the dog you spotted a mass of hair!! or smooth?
- 2011-12-02 22:33 Puddies
- what an odd thing for someone to phone and say, as said below, surly if you are having a dog known to escape to stay you would be extra careful.....
- 2011-12-02 18:37 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hmmmm... if she's 'known to escape' why can't they be more vigilant/make sure their property is more secure if she's a regular visitor?
- 2011-12-02 18:13 Jo
- Very quiet dog day today.
Only one call, this was from woman in Berko who is having a black cocker called Poppy come to stay this weekend. The dog likes to escape and she just wanted to warn me that any sightings over the next few days might be her visitor. I wonder at the call, it does seem a pre-planned lost dog! Anyone else think it strange?
- 2011-12-02 09:22 slabcabbage
- Mornimg Jo
So hoping that Poppy is back with you soon, check every chance I can get (3 times a day at least) hoping to see her in the BLUE. won't be long I'm sure. just wish I lived closer so could be of more help that sending postive thought and willing her home. And to all you guys who live near to Jo and do all the foot slogging and posting you are just wonderful.
This site is a credit to all you Regional Co-ordinator's and helper's who run DogLost.I feel very humble when I see how many you have helped get their beloved dogs back home, I am so proud of you all.
Big hugs to you Jo.xx
COME ON HOME POPPY.
- 2011-12-02 08:03 Jo
- Thanks to everyone on the look out. NickyJ it was your original posters that got Jan involved, the team work on this search has been completely amazing. Poppy did not spend the night in the trap, but hopeful she will as the weather continues to get colder.
- 2011-12-01 19:24 NickyJ
- Did Watermead-Bierton across fields today, tomorrow I'll cycle along canal path and re-poster where needed again.
- 2011-12-01 17:25 Becky Taylor
- Will continue to walk around the Bierton countryside area twice a day in the hope of finding Poppy. Let's hope it's really soon that she finds her way back to Weston Turville. Everything is crossed.
- 2011-12-01 16:41 Sherlock Bones Police Liaison Co-ordinator
- fingers crossed for you, Jo... let's hope that she is indeed covering old ground and will end up safely in your arms!! x
- 2011-12-01 16:28 Jo
- Jan and I walked to the spot from where she viewed the black 'dog'. The field although some distance was a perfect green and very flat and it would be very easy to spot any movement in that field. There would be no reason for a local dog to be out in such a remote area. I checked with the neighbouring farm and their dogs were not about so there is really only the conclusion that it could have been Poppy on the search for food. We waited for about an hour and a half at the same time of day as the sighting to see if anything came out. As usual nothing did. This area is too vast to place a trap or to do a full search, for Jan to have seen this was just pure luck! We have to hope that if it is her she makes her way back to AC and or somewhere where she can be spotted more easily.
- 2011-12-01 14:16 jobadger
- Oh heavens - I wish you all the luck in the world that your girl is back safel with you in the next couple of days. xxx
- 2011-12-01 12:29 redd_angel
- OMG...OMG...please let this be Poppy!
Jo, I am available to scan the area after school drop off tomorrow. If you need help, please let me know and I'll be there! Got everything crossed you get your girl home within the next few days! X
- 2011-12-01 10:40 bazil
- Do hope this is Poppy for you, and praying today is the day you get your girl home, good luck x
- 2011-12-01 09:59 Ruth
- I'm so hoping that it was Poppy that Jan saw yesterday, and that today is the day that your relentless work to find her pays off x
- 2011-12-01 08:49 Becky Taylor
- Good Luck, please let today be the day.
- 2011-12-01 07:25 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Good luck today ladies! Looks like the weather might be against you unfortunately, but don't forget the tactics if you do see Poppy, i.e. try to stay calm, no direct eye contact and stay as low to the ground as possible - trying not to get too soggy in the process :) xx
- 2011-11-30 23:08 buffysmum
- Fingers crossed Jo that your girl will be home soon. Jan, you are a star. Good Luck. x
- 2011-11-30 21:53 Jan
- Jo I'm more than happy to meet up tomorrow afternoon. I should be sorted to walk by 2pm, so my plan was to go back up to Aston abbots via Bierton. I will text/phone you tomorrow to explain where I'll be.
- 2011-11-30 20:38 Jo
- Jan after all of your walking you deserve to have seen her! Perhaps we can meet up in the afternoon so that you can show me where the dog was. Just text where where to meet and when. I have a great hope that she will go back to Aston Clinton,in this area we have a greater chance of catching her. I still think that it was her that left the pigeon in the trap for safe keeping, so I really hope that she heads back close to home.
Off we go again....
- 2011-11-30 20:38 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Oh my goodness Jo - your family must feel like they're on a rollercoaster ride at the moment!! Your poor hubbie probably thought he was going to start getting a lie in as well (he, he). Keeping everything crossed here for you as always xx
- 2011-11-30 20:09 Mel
- I've just received a link to this page (I'm based in Latimer and regularly go to Wendover Woods and Ashridge Estate) and have been reading the comments. Forgive me if this has already been mentioned and discounted but would it help if the owners camped out in the area that she has most recently been seen? I really hope that you get her back soon and I will keep my eyes open when I'm next in the Berko, Ashridge and Wendover areas.
- 2011-11-30 19:06 Jan
- Regarding todays possible sighting, I was walking back through a field which is at the edge of Aston Abbots and the beginning of the gated Weedon Road. I was scanning the fields and spotted a moving black shape which caught my attention. It was two fields away but I am as certain as I can be given the distance that it was a black dog which was moving at a fair pace and tracking in a way I have seen Milly do a million times (ie, a breed trait rather than personality), with this in mind and given that it is in potentially the right area for Poppy to be travelling leads me to think that it could possibly be Poppy, I only wish I could have been closer to rule this definitely in or out. I ran back to the car to grab binoculars but the dog had disappeared by the time I got back,no more than 2 or 3 minuites. I waited for about 15 minutes before I had to leave with no further sighting but there is a small copse of trees very close by so it is possible that the dog ran in there and therefore out of sight. I desparately hope this isn't a road to nowhere but Jo I would not have contacted you if I didn't believe this had some merit and potential. I will go back up to the area tomorrow afternoon and spend as long as I can walking the fields and footpaths.....Poppy if it is you I am one of the good guys who has a spare car crate which is warm cosy and perfect Cocker Spaniel size so come on sweetheart lets get you home.
- 2011-11-30 18:19 suzanne
- Hi Jo
I just wanted to let you know that I have been continuing with the search in the Bierton, hulcott area and although I have not seen Poppy I hope that if she is back in the area I may soon. I have noticed that there are lots of thick dense areas in the hedges in between the fields in this area - perfect for poppy to use as dens so if she is around she may feel comfortable/safe to stay here for a while. I will keep looking as I am sure will all of the others on Team poppy in this area. Fingers crossed she wil be home with you very soon.
- 2011-11-30 17:36 Jo
- Studio to let - again, from tomorrow. Trap is going to go back out, back in the spot in Aston Clinton as she might head to where she potentially was before. This is only 2 miles from todays sighting. Back to scenting, heading in the diection of the sighting today.
- 2011-11-30 17:09 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo, worth a mention to the golf driving range/club at Bierton if you haven't already done so. Free if you need me tomorrow or even this evening - just call.Last edited: 2011-11-30 17:11:48 by ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- 2011-11-30 16:56 Angus - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Milton Keynes
- Oh gosh Jo - fingers crossed here - is it worth moving the trap to the stables ?
- 2011-11-30 16:48 NickyJ
- The Google map of her sightings has been updated:
Come on Popps, keep on heading home!! xLast edited: 2011-11-30 18:21:26 by NickyJ
- 2011-11-30 16:21 Jo
- Call from Jan this afternoon, she is part of Team Poppy and walks the possible route that might indeed be the same route that Poppy is travelling.
Today at 2.30pm she saw a black dog, she believes that it was tracking, and moved in the same way as her cocker. This was at the back/side of Burston Ridge Farm - the road to Bierton - Wing (Aston Abbots area). The dog was 2 fields over and I do not believe in a place that a walker and a dog would be. I have asked at the farm and they have not had their dogs out (for future reference a terrier and a black and white spaniel)
This sighting would be in the right area for Poppy and could be her working her way back via the kennels where she was lost. I have spoken to the business at the side of the kennels and let them know and also the stables where we believe that Poppy was hiding when she was first lost.
Hopefully when Jan gets back home she can post the exact details. Last edited: 2011-11-30 16:23:59 by Jo
- 2011-11-30 09:36 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo, I'm still looking when out and about on my travels across the county. We just need Poppy to stand still so we can catch her! If you can think of anything else you would like me to do don't hesitate to ask. Regards
- 2011-11-30 09:13 Jo
- It is so horrible having nothing new to report. All leads are cold. I am still contacting and reminding people that Poppy has not yet returned to us. My husband has been so used to visiting the trap early morning in darkness that on Monday he went on his usual hike and over the fence only then to remember that the trap was gone.
Aston Clinton Vets have asked for some photo's of Poppy as they are going to dedicate a notice board from next week about the search for her. Thank you - AC Vets - You have been amazing in your commitment in trying to find Poppy.
- 2011-11-28 23:18 jacks
- I'm still looking Jo, i look on here everyday but don't always get to comment, i also hope Elvis is back home again, i now think it was definite that it was him that people were seeing in berko if he is walkabout again
- 2011-11-28 08:14 Jo
- B'n'O thanks for the offer of emailling, NickyJ and I have both done some, but if you can to that would be great - doubling of emails is not a big issue and might actually encourage the reader to put them up. The square in Winslow already has posters up and hopefully they will have been read. The people of Aston Clinton are still very aware that Poppy is not home yet so if she pops up there I will get a call.
- 2011-11-27 21:21 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Meant to add that when my husband and I have riden out that way on our motorbike, we've often noticed other bikers gathered by a small square just after the sharp right hand turn when you come into Winslow on the A413 from Aylesbury. This would therefore be an ideal spot to poster as people tend to congregate there x
- 2011-11-27 21:02 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Jo. I was going to email Poppy's poster to local clubs and societies in the Winslow area, then thought you might have already done that? Let me know if you haven't and I'll get on to it for you. I've noticed that some of the clubs have the same address - Elmfields Gate - and wondered if that's a hall of some sort, and if they have a noticeboard where you could display a poster. (The Royal British Legion, Winslow Town Cricket & Football Club, Winslow Sports Club and Adrian Marsh School of Dance are just a few that seem to have that address). Sorry to hear the trap has been taken down, but I'm sure the locals will still keep a look out for you in that area. Let's try to focus on the new area now and get Poppy home to you before Christmas xx
- 2011-11-27 16:24 NickyJ
- Sorry that the trap has been taken down but let's all hope that it has to be set up again around Winslow very soon. Will keep on lookout and walking in areas between Winslow-Bierton-Aston Clinton in the hope that she roams between these places.
- 2011-11-27 16:13 Becky Taylor
- Jo, your tenancity in looking for Poppy is very much admired. We will continue to look for Poppy in Bierton area and hope that Poppy comes home soon.
- 2011-11-27 14:02 Jo
- We have today taken the trap down. We await a new sighting and therefore a new focus. It was quite sad, we have been running the trap for about 6 weeks and have been going up and down to it many times a day. Emotionally this needed to be done.
- 2011-11-27 10:07 Jo
- Nothing in the studio this morning.
For those of you who have been following this for some time: It seems as if Elvis is out and about again and in Pancake woods.
- 2011-11-26 20:41 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Jo. It must be so disheartening for you having to start all over again in another area. I'm sure you've got everything covered poster-wise, so just need to get as many locals as possible on board now. Have you postered outside local schools, supermarkets, doctors surgeries, etc? Are there any regular delivery drivers in the area? (i.e. Tesco home delivery vans or the like, mobile library, driving instructors, etc). Can't advise you on the trap I'm afraid. Fingers crossed for another sighting soon x
- 2011-11-26 11:35 Jo
- Nothing in the Studio.
B'n'O local post delivery office aware of the Winslow sighting.
I feel that the trap needs to be taken down, this has now been run for 6 weeks.
- 2011-11-25 17:29 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hopefully some sightings will come in over the weekend when there should be more people out and about. Is local postie, milkman, etc aware Jo?
- 2011-11-25 09:56 jobadger
- Jo - my thoughts are with and Popps - I do sincerely hope you have some good news soon. xx
- 2011-11-25 09:01 Jo
- Empty studio and nothing from Winslow.
After a sighting I get quite hopeful, this is now the hard bit, waiting for more news. Thanks to the new helpers in the Winslow area who are on the look out.
- 2011-11-24 08:56 Jo
- No sign of any movement at the studio this morning.
- 2011-11-23 21:42 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I've just taken a look at the webite and it's just heartbreaking to see some of the scared little faces on there :( I'd love to win the lottery and offer them all warm, safe, forever homes xx
- 2011-11-23 12:34 Jo
- I have been sent a link to the following website, it has a cocker on it called Topper. She looks like Poppy would look now in her un-groomed state. Toppers white patch is too big, Pops nose a bit longer but apart from that it could be Poppy.
My heart breaks to see some of the dogs on this website, please forward the link to your doggie friends perhaps we can get some of these dogs new Mummy's and Daddy's - they so need it.
- 2011-11-23 08:17 Jo
- Studio empty this morning. Scootjockey - I am a bit of a dodgy landlord as the front door has a bit of a sticking problem once shut!
Come on Poppy show yourself.
- 2011-11-22 19:57 scootjockey
- WOW what a great team you have and so much going on.Love the Studio App thing you got going!Perfect for a Cute Black Furry big Eared 4 legged friend.As the owner of 2 cockers I fell in love with poppy instantly and wish you the best of luck and let it be soon.xxx
- 2011-11-22 18:42 Jo
- I really wish that there was something to report but nothing today. I have done all I can today to try to find her but with no luck. I just hope that the new awareness in the area will give a new sighting. There is just some much land - I feel that it is a needle in a haystack, but I have felt that before and she popped up in AC. Hopeful, ever hopeful.
- 2011-11-22 17:51 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Anything today Jo? I know the weather's been pretty dire and Poppy doesn't like the rain, so perhaps she's holed up somewhere dry and warm xx
- 2011-11-22 07:51 Jo
- Nothing in the studio apartment this morning.
Let's hope for a call today with another sighting.
- 2011-11-21 21:01 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I thought that too Bazil! Can only log on at lunch time at work, so was desperate to get home for news this afternoon. So pleased you have so many people "on the ground" Jo - just wish I could be there too xx
- 2011-11-21 21:01 NickyJ
- Hope there are more sightings/news soon. I'm not able to get near Winslow until the weekend, but will plan a route to walk and poster for this weekend, such as some of the many farms around the area.
Come on Popps!
- 2011-11-21 20:52 funkydawgi
- Blimey you lot don't hang about Go Team Poppy!! fantastic!! surely we are going to find her fingers x
- 2011-11-21 20:01 Kellyandeddie:
- just want to send positive thoughts your way for poppy's safe return - can only imagine how difficult this must be for you
- 2011-11-21 19:13 Jo
- Jan - thank you. INFO ON THE SIGHTING. The dog that was spotted was a Black Cocker. Like the picture that was in the Bucks Herald and the one now above - so this is a groomed dog, Hazel said the dog looked glossy, she said she knows her dogs and is sure that it was a Cocker. Spotted on Saturday 19th November at 1.30pm running very fast on Little Horwood Road in the direction of Winslow, past the bridge but not yet as far as the housing estate, opposite site of the road to the housing estate, so field side. Could it be that she had been picked up and now because of the publicity dumped? Or could have escaped trying to get back to us? No tail was seen and therefore could be docked, as Poppy. I have not been able today to find information on a local dog that self walks or escapes - this is the usual answer to a sighting.
- 2011-11-21 19:01 bazil
- Poppy and Ellie lost on here - dog ID 34641 are so alike. I had to double check photos. Hope both are found soon x
- 2011-11-21 18:33 Jan
- Not long returned from Winslow having done a 6 mile circular walk heading east from the possible sighting sadly no sighting despite taking leads collars dog harness and a variety of tasty treats! I have spoken to Eve at the crossroads Kennels in Gt Horwood and Poppy is now in their dog lost book. I will head up again on Wednesday afternoon and walk the areas that are accessible to one woman and her dog! There were a lot of stiles that required two people to get one Cocker spaniel over. If there is any more info on the sighting that would be helpful can you let us know, and as always if there is anything I can do otherwise to help please shout.
- 2011-11-21 18:08 jobadger
- Poppy darling, your mummy desperately needs you home now - she's doing everything possible to bring you back as soon as possible. Please, little girl, show yourself. She deserves all the luck in the world in her search for you - so could you possible help her - she's staying very positive but she needs you home. xxx
- 2011-11-21 17:46 Jo
- Gloria - I had checked the picture and it is not Poppy, it is in one of the posts on this site but yesterday was such a mad day on Poppy's doglost page it could by now be a long way down. Poppy's hair if long would be really curly on her legs, ears and back and her ears are longer, of course she is more beautiful - sorry other dog.
- 2011-11-21 17:35 Gloria
- I thought Poppy might have been one of the cocker spaniels found at Barnham Broom Norfolk, but it still could be as Poppy has been missing since August, its just that the picture of the spaiel found is the same colour , of medium build but has curlies on top of the head??
I have done copies of the image and will circulate and also put Poppy onb face book hopefully we will find her very soon keep positive.Last edited: 2011-11-21 17:36:58 by Gloria
- 2011-11-21 16:48 Jo
- I have not come home with a dog - I did not really expect to, but you never know.
So today I have put up 80 posters and handed out leaflets.
Leaflets or Posters: Telegraph poles Winslow, Little Horwood, Mursley, Swanbourne. Also: Jenny Wren Tea Room, Gilly's,Scotts Trading, Wilkinson Estate Agents, Church Street Cars, Lizzies Hair. dry cleaners, Deli, Mercy in Action, No18, the village notice board, market square, Council Offices, Library, Tims Plants. I also spoke to all dog walkers I saw, called at the houses close to the bridge on Little Horwood Road. The postwoman has taken a poster for the office. Posters on as many of the walkways and located near dog bins (if possible). All businsses on The Hollows on the way to Little Horwood including the houses. Horwood House, they said they would place poster in reception. In the village of Little Horwood; bus shelter, notice board and pole.
I have leafleted various houses in the 'right' location and some of those that back onto Little Horwood Road. I got to talk to the foreman who will have the road closed from 23rd onwards and he has a poster and is aware of Poppy's story. Spoken to Windmill vets. Also to some of the local dog groomers, this is really to track where she might have been and see if we can have a clue about new directions. I have informed the 'dog' people at Bucks CC of the new sighting and they are going to pass on the information.
I am just short of achieveing 3000 car miles on my dog lost journey.
Massive thanks to everyone who spent yesterday doing background work - the deli shop owner already knew because of an email and so did one of the dog walkers as she had seen it on a circular. Saza - I apreciate the call to Norfolk dog warden.
Thank you to everyone who is going up to the area, the most important thing is to pass on Poppy's story to the locals so that the regular walkers can get involved in the search and post any sightings.
Claire thanks for researching the groomers numbers.
Love and thanks to all of Team Poppy - I really could not do this without you.
- 2011-11-21 15:58 Saza
- Like a lot of folks following Poppy's search, but too far away to help, I do hope you have some good news really soon. I think you have been amazing throughout. I hope you don't mind but I rang the dog warden in Norfolk to ask if he thought the black cocker in the doglost green found section (34585) could be Poppy. He thought not, but may be worth a double check if you haven't already? She came in with a Sringer Spaniel. Both in good condition and friendly. Good luck.xx
- 2011-11-21 12:25 Gloria
- Please dont give up hope I believe she will be found if its any consolation COCO the cocker spaniel which dissapeared in JULY is now back and re-united with its owners so keep positive. I have done some copies to put around East Anglia and I have posted a link on my facebook, hope you come back soon Poppy I have a little sprocker called Sweetie she looks very similar to you but shorter ears I know I would be absolutely lost without her she is only one year old, I think she is more springer. take care and Good luck
- 2011-11-21 12:16 buffysmum
- Fingers crossed that next time I look Poppy will be in the blue.. good luck & thinking of you.
- 2011-11-21 10:03 Mal
- Everything crossed for you Jo; you just need that littlr bit of luck that you deserve for working so hard. Best wishes; Mal.
- 2011-11-21 09:44 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo spoke to my friend who lives in Little Horwood and walks with her 3 dogs. She also works with Bletchley Police. She will be keeping an eye out for Poppy and will inform her office as well. Unfortunately I am in London later today and unable to to offer help to go to Winslow way but I am around tomorrow and will gladly go out and about for you/with you/with anyone else. Will check this site later tonight when I get back. GOOD LUCK.
- 2011-11-21 09:21 Jan
- We have studied the OS maps, and have been walking and studying the whole area of Poppys disappearance for many weeks. We think its perfectly possible for Poppy to have headed north between the A413 and A418. We have left messages for Eve at Crossroads Kennels, Great Horwood but not spoken to her yet.
We will be up in the sighting zone from 2pm until dusk today with our maps and binolulars ! If you have any more details about this sighting please post, did the lady give any specifics about the condition of the sighted dog ?
Best wishes, Scott & Jan
- 2011-11-21 08:39 Becky Taylor
- Kept logging in yesterday and watched the events unfurl. Best of luck today - keeping everything crossed.
- 2011-11-21 08:36 slabcabbage
Everything crossed here that to-day is the best Gotcher Day ever.
come on Poppy you have so many on here wanting you home XXXXXX.
- 2011-11-21 08:17 Ruth
- I so hope that today is the day that Poppy comes home xx
- 2011-11-21 08:09 Jo
- The studio was empty this morning. Dogtopia and Claire thank you for your kind offers but I can not accept, I have not even thought about the money side of this search, I just do what needs doing to get her back.
Ready for today, I hope that the dog was Poppy and not some self-walker, usually if I work hard enough I can get to the bottom of a sighting and I hope that in this case there is not other explaination. I will be on my phone and keep checking the posts so if anyone hears anything please let me know. Hope today is the day.....
- 2011-11-21 06:53 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Good luck today Jo and Team Poppy! I won't be able to log on again until lunch time and I am willing there to be some good news when I do (wish I didn't have to go to work, then I could come and help search). Alison x
- 2011-11-20 22:23 DogtopiaPetServices
- Hi Jo. I've been following Poppy disappearance since you first posted on here. I would be very happy to donate £50 into an account to assist in new advertising costs. If you have an account set up please email me or post details here. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 2011-11-20 21:58 Angus - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Milton Keynes
- message back from Edwina of Horwood Hounds
Sandie - I have informed my farming friends and local friends about Poppy. Let's hope we find her really soon.
- 2011-11-20 21:42 Neighbark
- I'm too far away to help, (Worcestershire/Salop border) but am rooting for Poppy and you Jo. You so deserve to find and be reunited with her. We are all paws crossed here for you. x
- 2011-11-20 20:17 Angus - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Milton Keynes
- Spoken to Horwood Hounds dog services tonight ( she had heard of Poppy being missing ) and will email poster to Odin canine services who are based just outside Little Horwood and have classes every day
- 2011-11-20 20:15 Angus - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Milton Keynes
- Jo, whilst you are out postering Winslow - try to visit Mursley, Swanbourne and Little Horwood - all run along the old DISUSED rail line - I used to play there as a child - my parents still live in Mursley and I will get mum to hand out posters to memebers of the WI and the church rota
- 2011-11-20 20:08 Jo
- Hope flickers for Winslow, Tucker -the Norfolk dog is not my girl, but thank you.
Thank you to everyone who has posted - but a massive thanks to the doglost team, without you I too would be lost.Last edited: 2011-11-20 20:10:23 by Jo
- 2011-11-20 20:04 Sherlock Bones Police Liaison Co-ordinator
- watching with bated breath!!
- 2011-11-20 20:03 snailmail
- I've forwarded the link to sister who lives out that way, and keeping my fingers crossed for you.
- 2011-11-20 20:02 Riverlady
- Have put Poppy on twitter with placenames + will circulate.
- 2011-11-20 19:46 bazil
- Keep checking this page and I am praying this is Poppy for you. I'm sure what everyone is doing on doglost (brilliant teamwork) will surely bring Poppy home very soon if it is her. This sounds like a very positive sighting. Good luck, everything crossed for your beautiful girl to be home safe very soon xx
- 2011-11-20 19:17 tucker
- Please take a glance at facebook page 'Animal Warden Services. Norfolk Dog warden'. Can't see if it has a gerying muzzle as very hairy! Also, don't know if male or female, but was one of two spaniels found (possibly could have been stolen?). I know your girl is microchipped, but just wanted to let you know. I check in everyday day waiting for that lovely news... that she is home where she belongs.xx
- 2011-11-20 19:16 jobadger
- Please - I hope this is your little one and she's home very soon. Everything crossed here. xx
- 2011-11-20 19:12 Jo
- Massive thanks to everyone. Poppy will be stare at you from every telegraph pole in Winslow from tomorrow, hopefully if it is her and she is picked up she will be too hot to handle. From talking to Jayne it could be that she has found a way to escape from her 'new' home and will try to get back to us. I am a little scared of the railway line and the roads. However, my energy will now be to focus on postering, talking and walking - this has got Poppy known in so many areas. Let's please have an early christmas present.
- 2011-11-20 19:08 NickyJ
- Could someone on Facebook send a message to the Winslow Times fb site? http://www.facebook.com/WinslowTimes
- 2011-11-20 18:56 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Even more thanks to you team Poppy...those that can do please twitter...
- 2011-11-20 18:52 Jan
- Jo lets hope this is the break through and she'll be home soon, we have OS maps all over the living room floor and it would make sense. I know Eve from crossroads kennels well she used to groom my first Cocker and taught me how to groom Milly. If Poppy gets to Eve trust me she'll be safe, I have left a message for Eve to make her aware of Poppy and will try to speak to her also. I will head up to Winslow tomorrow afternoon to walk the hot zone so if there is anything else you'd like help with please let me know. Will also text a friend in Winslow to ask her to keep an eye out. I'm keeping everything crossed that this is Poppy. x
- 2011-11-20 18:47 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Thought I had better add about cost for advert sorry folks I can't do it for everyone but Poppy needs to be at home now.
- 2011-11-20 18:46 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Might be a good idea to put another ad in Bucks Herald for this week again as I though you only had it in for 2 weeks. Somebody may just pick her up again and seems too good of a chance to not do it again. If you need help towards cost of advert please contact me.
- 2011-11-20 18:43 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo, thanks for the text. I got a friend who lives in Little Horwood and goes out walking with her 3 mini dogs and will ask her to keep an eye out for Poppy. If you need me to come out with you to Winslow/Little Horwood more than happy to help. Sorry not around Mon butwill be rest of the week. You've got my mob number. GOOD LUCK
- 2011-11-20 18:22 Help for Hounds
- OMG...such good news!! (fingers firmly crossed). Jo I have been silently following just waiting for news since I handed the trap over to you weeks ago. This maybe why no one has sighted her in a long time? Now she's moving to my area, if there is anything I can do to help, just give me a shout? I'd be happy to traips up the railway line if you think it will help?
- 2011-11-20 18:13 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Forgot to say love the new photo of Poppy! I'm off to study the map now x
- 2011-11-20 18:11 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Thanks Ladies!
- 2011-11-20 18:10 NickyJ
- Tonight I'm emailing posters to businesses I can track email addresses for in the area, such as Tim's Plants@Foxhole Farm; Brook Hall Cookery School; Mondo Foods(quiches); Blooming Marvelous; Horn Street Clinic; Rhubarb & Roses; Country Garden; Sabotage PaintBall; Swanbourne Clinic... (If others are doing the same better to duplicate than miss some places out I'm sure)Last edited: 2011-11-20 21:05:10 by NickyJ
- 2011-11-20 18:09 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Oh my word!! I haven't logged on to Poppy's page since first thing this morning and automatically went to page 2 to look for her and then was worried when she wasn't there!! This sounds so hopeful!! One of my work colleagues lives in Winslow, so I'll try to contact her in the morning (she's on maternity leave at the moment) and get her to pass the word around. Do Pets at Home do dog grooming - wonder if they've groomed and black cockers recently? I so hope this is the lead we've all been waiting for Jo. Keeping everything crossed for you here xxxxxxxxxx
- 2011-11-20 17:55 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- LOL...beaten again by super efficient Angus....
- 2011-11-20 17:54 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Whizzie...if you could print one off and take it to them that would be brilliant...or if you know their email address you can use the email a friend facility at top of page and the poster will go direct...Tx...as you can see Jo the owner has worked tirelessly..any help is appreciated.
- 2011-11-20 17:52 Angus - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Milton Keynes
- have emailed poster to Crossroads - they also have a groomer I believe so hopefully all will see the poster
- 2011-11-20 17:37 Whizzie
- Crossroads Kennels is in this area (01296 712315)& is visited by lots of people not just to board dogs but also for training/agility/flyball classes. Have they got a poster?
Also Windmill vets in Winslow
- 2011-11-20 17:36 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- LOL...too big for me to put on site...have forwarded to a co ordinator to put on...anon.
- 2011-11-20 17:32 Jo
- Jayne, I have sent you the picture that was placed in the paper, I can not load it at this end.
Nicky - thanks you had already changed the map before I had a chance to text you!
- 2011-11-20 17:31 Angus - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Milton Keynes
- Could be very possible if she has followed the line of Jd main a413 road as the crow flies not really that far to travell and the little Horwood road is the first road with housing that you would hit along that route - I will be seeing a dogwalker who is based in little Horwood tonight and will tAke a poster for her and also ask about any black Cockers she may know of in the area
- 2011-11-20 17:19 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Have swapped over photos as if Poppy she looks more like the groomed version...and emailed out to local helpers in HP22,LU7. MK1,2,3,4,5,17,18,19.
- 2011-11-20 17:13 slabcabbage
- Keeping everything crossed that this is Poppy, come on home sweetheart.
- 2011-11-20 16:34 NickyJ
- I've updated the Google map of her sightings so far:
Sighting is near to Winslow Nurseries if I've got it right. Near a disused railway line. OS map is showing lots of streams there. Clare Farm, Foxhole Farm, The White House (farm?), Greenway Farm, Abovemead Farm, Redhall Farm, A Stud Farm... All farmland and small patches of woods around Winslow itself.
It's possible she returned to Bierton and has got to Winslow by only crossing farmland as very little in between these places.
Last edited: 2011-11-20 20:26:50 by NickyJ
- 2011-11-20 16:27 Jo
- The dog that was spotted was a Black Cocker. Like the picture that was in the Bucks Herald - so this is a groomed dog. Spotted on Saturday 19th November at 1.30pm running on Little Horwood Road in the direction of Winslow, past the bridge but not yet as far as the housing estate, opposite site of the road to the housing estate, so field side. Could it be that she had been picked up and now because of the publicity dumped? Please contact your dog groomers to see if they have trimmed a Cocker recently. I will go up there tomorrow and poster and leaflet and also try to contact as many groomers as possible. Please send this link to any friends in the area. Hope this is the lead we need and she will be home soon.
- 2011-11-20 15:38 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Everyone loves it when Poppy gets bumped...especially if its because of a potential SIGHTING!
A lady called Hazel has just called after reading the newspaper article...to say she sighted a similar dog yesterday on a remote stretch of road...on its own..between WINSLOW and LITTLE HORWOOD. owner is ringing for more precise location.
- 2011-11-20 10:14 Jo
- No takers for the studio, not too sure that I would have moved house last night with how cold it was.
- 2011-11-19 16:26 Jo
- Ready to go again tonight, when I was preping the trap this afternoon I realised how close the applicant was to the request. Tonight I realy must insist that any applications fully fit the critera. Come on Poppy that means you!
- 2011-11-19 10:03 Jo
- Had a very lovely applicant for the studio - a polite black cat. We have been keeping away from pilchards so that we do not catch any cats, yesterday was tripe but I did place a lot of house vaccumings and with 2 Persian cats there was cat fur carpet left in the ditch. Perhaps the cat felt at home. A step in the right direction and at least the trap works!
- 2011-11-18 21:46 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- It's so kind of you to think of me Jo. Like you, I have my sad days, but I just try to keep busy (mainly by coming on Dog Lost!)I think I had a "sign" from Ozzie in the evening of the day he died that he's okay, and I find that very comforting. Maybe, as slabcabbage says, we are given help from the other side? I certainly like to think so. Fingers crossed your "studio apartment" in Aston Clinton has a new resident in the morning x
- 2011-11-18 21:18 Jo
- SuzeeBee - welcome to Poppy's Team. Thanks for posting Slabcabbage. Mel great to meet you at the trap today, I know that if Poppy comes back to AC there is a huge team there ready to report her movements. B'n'O, I have spent time this week thinking about you and hoping that you are coping.
Tring - the canal was postered by AV vets, in fact they did all the way from Buckland to Hemel. Springwell Vets in Tring call when they think they have news and also keep in touch with me. I have placed some posters in the car parks etc, the Bucks Herald would also cover this area. I will place more posters after the weekend - any insights could be what brings her home so I am grateful for any help.
- 2011-11-18 20:43 slabcabbage
- Hi Jo,
Like some many on here just keep logging on hoping to see Poppy's home,
so many of us are to far a way to help in the searches but just want you to know we are with you in spirit.come on Poppy your mummy want you home now.
Barney'n'Ozzie's mum mentioned Tring I see from a map I printed out that there is a place called Tring Hill, could that be what she is picking up on. may be worth posting well in that area. Sometimes we are given help from the other side.
Stay strong Jo you will get her home.
- 2011-11-18 16:30 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Jo. Sorry you still haven't had any luck with the trap. I know you will probably think this sounds daft, and I can't believe I'm actually typing this, but when I look at Poppy's photo for some reason "Tring" keeps coming in to my head. I know it's not that far from you and wondered if you've any posters up that way or if there are any helpers out that way that can keep a look out? Does the canal pass through Tring by any chance? It could amount to nothing, but I thought I should mention it just incase..
- 2011-11-18 09:34 SuzeeBee
- Dear Jo, I have not posted on Poppy's page before and am too far away to help but am one of the small army of people checking for news of Poppy every day. If wishes could bring her home she would be back with you by now. Stay strong we are all with you in spirit xxxx
- 2011-11-18 08:03 Jo
- Still VACANT and to let a small studio apartment in Aston Clinton. References not required but minimum critera of 4 legs, long ears and a sunny nature, previous angry applicants need not apply.
- 2011-11-17 20:45 Jo
- Thank you everyone. This week has been really hard not just because of the lack of new info but due to issues that I would love to share but can not due to legal reasons.
LadyKate - love the name - I feel very grateful that you have also been on Poppy's Team. She must know that so many of us are willing her to come home. Tracey, this site is amazing and the people who run it are selfless in their support of others.
Tomorrow is a new day and therefore another chance to have some good news.
- 2011-11-17 19:36 Tracey
- I also keep up to date with the search by logging on to this brilliant site at least once every day. There must be so many people doing the same just waiting for that message of a sighting or even better a found Poppy. No one could have done more than Jo to try to get her back. They has to be some news soon! Jo, there are so many people willing Poppy to come home to you.
- 2011-11-17 15:43 Mal
- I too log on each day for news and as a Spaniel lover this has been so difficult with no sightings but you are doing a great job Jo and must keep going as she will show herself somewhere!
- 2011-11-17 14:55 LadyKate
- I have been following this search every day since you posted a flyer through my letterbox in August. I've also seen you trawling Aston Clinton looking for Poppy and scenting. I don't own a dog but my heart goes out to you and I still keep a close look out for Poppy on Weston Road. Not sure she'd make another appearance here, but just in case... My other half has even started asking "Any news?" every day! So, after all this time of watching this site and looking around the village, I thought I would post to say that you have done such a super job of keeping public interest up and that I'll continue to keep looking for Poppy and rooting for you and your family.
- 2011-11-17 09:49 callypepps
- Such a heartbreaking search for you, and we are living it with you too and praying that you get a breakthrough soon Jo. As like everyone else on here, we are still here for you. Stay strong xx
- 2011-11-17 09:07 Jo
- EMPTY trap this morning.
- 2011-11-16 20:42 helen n
- Praying Poppy returns home to you soon. XXX
- 2011-11-16 20:10 Jo
- The only problem with having an announcement in the paper is that your hopes are raised, perhaps someone will recognise Poppy, perhaps it jogs a memory, the list goes on. So far nothing new has come from either of the ads and it is very hard with nothing new to help me find her.
Puddies, the psychic issue is back on the table again, a previous one could do nothing unless she had met Poppy. I have been recommended another one just this week. I am hopefully on a waiting list - do I believe that this will work, I don't know but I have tried everything else. What more can I do?
As time goes on it does not get any easier. Today is a sad day, I hope for a better one tomorrow.
- 2011-11-16 18:03 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I'm free the same weekend as Berties Family. Can't do this weekend coming though. I know there's a lot of ground to cover, but it would be great if we could get enough people together to "flush her out".
- 2011-11-16 17:23 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo, been out and about to Amersham and back to Wing twice today but sadly nothing to report. Hope you sincerely get some response from Bucks Herald ad and then we might have something a bit more positive to keep an eye out on any specific area.
- 2011-11-16 15:09 Berties Family
- if you are getting groups to walk - i would be available on 26/27 Nov
- 2011-11-16 13:11 Puddies
- Ive been following your story from the start, I live in the Southwest so cannot help but just want you to know how sorry I am you havent found her yet, what are your thoughts on using a psychic, rather sceptical myself but I know some people have had 'uncanny' information when using them. Chin up and know that you are in peoples thoughts all over the country x
- 2011-11-16 12:50 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Jo. How about organising some "walking parties" for one weekend? If we can get enough people together and send them out to different locations just to walk (in groups/by themselves, with/without a dog) we might get lucky and get a sighting. It might be better to avoid the immediate area around the trap though x
- 2011-11-16 09:27 Jo
- EMPTY trap this morning. The trap has been in action for 4 weeks now and it is harder each day to check the trap knowing that the most likely outcome will be disappointment.
Poppy is in the Bucks Herald again today so hopefully there will be some fresh news.
- 2011-11-15 19:57 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Been out to Wing area today via Kennel direction and whilst there have had a good look around but sadly nothing. I too look at all black Cocker Spaniels now as well. I'm down o Amersham way first thing in the morning and then back towards Wing again in the afternoon will keep eyes peeled.
- 2011-11-15 14:47 redd_angel
- Sorry you had no luck with the trap. That's a great idea of AC vets to ask around. I suspisiously look at every black cocker I see while out walking and always look out for Poppy! Got everything crossed for at least a new sighting!
Good luck Jo and stay strong! x
- 2011-11-15 12:00 NickyJ
- You're doing all the right things, and I cannot think of anything else that can be tried other than what already is being done. Just need something, even it if is the most remotest chance, something new to go on.
- 2011-11-15 09:35 Jo
- EMPTY trap.
I just don't understand, there was something up there and now nothing for nearly 4 weeks - it is not that I am impatient just confused. Hopefully soon we will just get lucky.
Announcement in the paper again this week. Lets hope this week brings some new information. AC vets have offered to ask all vet in a 30 mile radius (approx 50 vets) if they have had any new registrations that could be Poppy.
- 2011-11-14 22:15 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Come on Poppy love - please show yourself xx
- 2011-11-14 07:31 Jo
Becky T and Slabcabbage - thanks.
Nearly 28 nights using the trap and so far the only rewards have been meeting the neighbours.
- 2011-11-13 15:12 slabcabbage
- Hi Jo,
check in first thing every morning hoping to see if she is home.
Just willing her to show herself. Wish I lived closer so I could be of more help just want you to know that you and Poppy are always on my mind.
- 2011-11-13 10:12 Jo
- EMPTY trap this morning.
Where are you Poppy - please show yourself!
- 2011-11-12 12:11 Becky Taylor
- Jo - sorry that it was a false alarm. Still checking the bierton area regularly and checking into this daily. Keeping my fingers crossed that Poppy makes it home soon.
Alison, sorry for your loss, I know it's very hard, my thoughts are with you.
- 2011-11-12 10:20 Jo
- EMPTY, and very wet trap this morning.
A bit later posting than usual, I have been in Wendover on a search as there was a sighting of a black dog running across a road. From the description it sounded like it could be Poppy but the actions of the dog were not as I would have expected for a feral dog, so I was hopeful with reservations. Tracked the dog down, it was a black lab that escapes often.
- 2011-11-11 21:44 Jo
- Still missing and very much missed every day.
Thanks everyone for keeping up the searches.
- 2011-11-11 19:57 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Thank you for your lovely email Jo. Any news today?
- 2011-11-11 17:35 NickyJ
- Great advert in Bucks Herald this week - hope it brings some news as to Poppy's whereabouts. I hope to get out along the canal towpath again this weekend.
- 2011-11-11 17:02 Jan
- Hi Jo, Still looking and no plans to stop.
Alison I am so sorry for your loss. In time the happy memories will prevail as I am beginning to find out X
- 2011-11-10 23:52 funkydawgi
- Ok will continue with my rounds.
Alison, there are no words to cover the loss of your beloved Ozzie Bear but they say memories are golden
- 2011-11-10 17:44 Jo
- Alison, I am so very sorry to hear your sad news. My thoughts are with you, my tears are for your loss. Run free.
- 2011-11-10 17:00 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Wishing you all the luck in the world Jo. I'd love nothing more to hear you have her back, you so deserve it. My beloved Ozzie Bear went to Rainbow Bridge this morning and I am absolutely heartbroken, but I'm sure he will be looking out for her from up above xx
- 2011-11-10 16:24 Jo
- Ready for tonight - tripe delivered to the trap with lots of love.
Funky - what we do now is wait for that next sighting, phone call or the trap to work. That could even be tonight/tomorrow......ever hopeful.
- 2011-11-10 09:13 Jo
- EMPTY trap this morning.
- 2011-11-10 07:09 NickyJ
- funkyidawgi - I tried dusk spottings last week, varied the locations around the villages, no joy obviously but there were quite a few other people around at dusk, walking their dogs etc. Worth stopping car for few mins when passing by the area as you do see so much more.
Let's hope the newspaper article jogs someone memory or brings more news.
- 2011-11-09 22:39 Neighbark
- Hi Jo, I've just read your exhausting 'long journey'. In the event that someone has taken Poppy in, or picked her up and travelled out of the 15 miles radius with her.... would it be a good idea to extend the 15 mile radius of Vets, dog groomers, dog wardens police etc. - by emailing and phoning further afield? Hope I'm not stating the obvious, and that u don't mind me 'coming in' with this suggestion after so many weeks. You are a long way from my Worcestershire base, and I can't go off for long as have so many animals - so can't help search, I am sorry. I am willing little Poppy to go home to her tenacious mummy.Last edited: 2011-11-09 22:42:14 by Neighbark
- 2011-11-09 21:58 funkydawgi
- greetings!! not sure what to do next Jo! How is the car stake outs going Nickyj? can you see anything as it's so darn dark, basically what i am asking is it worth me getting my flask of coffee ready so I can do a stake out or just keep walking in the fields with fingers x poppy will just pop up in front of me!!
- 2011-11-09 17:06 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Went out as far as Eaton Bray on Mon eve/night and had a good look around sadly no signs over there either. Still looking though.
- 2011-11-09 16:38 buffysmum
- I really hope that Poppy is home soon. Fingers crossed.
- 2011-11-09 14:35 Jo
- Pets at home, have posters inside and out. I also pop along and hand out leaflets when I am in town.
- 2011-11-09 12:54 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Great work Jo - I'll pick up a copy on my way home from work. Is there a Pets at Home or anything similar in Aylesbury do you know? Thought it might be an idea to get a poster displayed there if you haven't already. Was also wondering if we'd be allowed to put posters up near pay and display machines in the multi storey carparks?
- 2011-11-09 12:00 Jo
- Announcement in Bucks Herald today, POPPY IS STILL MISSING
Usual as poster and includes:
Has your neighbour got a new dog - do you think it could be Poppy?
Call the above number or call
Doglost in confidence
Today's ad will also be in next week.Last edited: 2011-11-09 12:03:38 by Jo
- 2011-11-09 11:42 redd_angel
- Sorry Poppy hasn't been found yet!
Come on Pop's...go home!
- 2011-11-09 09:23 Jo
- EMPTY dog trap this morning, will re-bait with fresh tripe for tonight.
- 2011-11-08 18:44 Jo
- It was suggested by Kim that I do a summary of the posts, now approx 590 and she read every one!
WHO HAS BEEN NOTIFIED OF POPPY'S LOSS:
Police, dog warden, RAF, local vets up to about 15 miles, dog groomers, kennel licencing, golf courses (Ayles, WT, Wendover), dustbin men (various areas), milkmen (various and local depot)roadside cafe near Champion,dog rescue kennels as far as Oxford and into Herts (check websites weekly as well), dogwalkers (Elmhurst, Ayles, WT, AC, Bierton, Watermead, Berko, Boughton, Wendover,Cowroast), Businesses (locations as before),dog obedience class Bierton, National trust - Wing, Green Park in Aston Clinton, Halton Airfield, postmen including sorting office,AC Rugby Club,Holiday Inn A41, RAC drivers (x5), Petlog, Identichip, Halton Brook Business Park,
Aston Clinton, Berko, Watermead, Long Crendon, Bierton, Elmhurst, Cleveland Park,Boughton, WT, Wendover,Princes Risborough,Bedgrove, Halton, Buckland, Wendover Woods,Midland County Show, In various business as in the notified section above,Council Offices (Ayles, HW, Amersham), Hospital (Stoke Manderville), Canal from Aylesbury right through to Hemmel, 4Beauty (Whitchurch), villages around Bierton and in the directon of the County Showground.
Delivered approx 1000 to specific areas of Watermead, Bierton, Boughton, WT and AC.
ANNOUNCEMENTS or ADS:
10/8/11 Bucks Herald,24/8/11 Bucks Herald, 9/11/11 Bucks Herald,Mix 96 on each of the sightings, 24/8/11 Countyman Weekly, Wendover News website, Boardingkennels.org,Dogwatch Alert,WT School Newsletter, AC School newsletter, 3 x Berko school newsletter.
SIGHTINGS and 'HEARINGS':
This list is NOT exhaustive and is only what I can remember or have pick up from posts - much more has been done by 'Poppy's Team'.
If there is a gap then let me know it might have already been covered but lets just make sure.
I have not done all of the above by myself, without the searchers and helpers Poppy would not have had such a blanket coverage. MANY MANY THANKS TO EACH OF YOU.
- 2011-11-08 09:08 Jo
- EMPTY trap this morning. Thanks Jan and B'n'O.
Hope that tomorrow will bring fresh news.
I will try to get a summary of these posts and what has happened so far as requested by Kim at Boardingkennels.org done today.
- 2011-11-07 22:43 Jan
- Hi Jo, I had a walk around Weedon this afternoon but had to turn back when I encountered a herd of cows, these are my downfall when they're not used to people. I did speak to the farmer who didn't know about Poppy but he does now! I will put posters up in my office building tomorrow which has the potential of being seen by about 350 people. Thank you for the extra information on Poppy last night we're just trying to build up a picture of Poppy which might help with the search, and I totally understand determined Cockers having had two who have had to battle against the odds. Milly is only here due to her determination and the advances in human/veterinary medication. It sounds like if any dog can make it out there Poppy can, although I must admit it has crossed our minds that someone could have taken her in as with B & O's comment, will keep looking though and will be back in Aston clinton area tomorrow afternoon although it would be fantastic to read that it isn't necessary. Good luck for tonight Jo.
- 2011-11-07 21:00 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Fingers crossed for tonight Jo. Poppy's poster is still displayed at the council offices where I work and people are always asking me for news. I wonder if she's been taken in by someone and that's why there haven't been any recent sightings? I know the area has been blitzed with posters - I've seen them! but perhaps an old person who can't get out and about could have taken her in? Have you tried leaflet drops through letterboxes? Maybe paperboy/girl could help for a small reward? Alison x
- 2011-11-07 18:31 Jo
- Ready to go again tonight - back to smelly tripe.
I have also taken a 1/4 page ad in the Bucks Herald for this Wednesday. Hopefully this will bring fresh news.
- 2011-11-07 08:22 Jo
- EMPTY - again.
- 2011-11-06 23:12 Jo
- Jan - thank you for your continual searching.
With regard to the sighting, she was seen by numerous people at the pub, but when approached she ran off. This was 4 weeks after her going missing so a natural reaction. They believed that it was Poppy,as did the man further down the road who saw her. The landlady of the pub called the AC vets who sent a team out but they could not find her. They confirmed that the photo that I showed them was the dog they saw. I can not give more info on this as I did not see the dog.
Poppy is a very determind dog. Last year she had life saving back surgery where they replaced 2 discs in her spine, she had 25+ staples running down her back. We were told that it would be a long recovery 3-6 months. She should have been at the vets for a number of days, but the day after surgery I was told to come and collect her as she was already up and about. Within about 2 weeks she was back to normal. With regard to road sense, I do not know, I would ask her to sit before crossing and to go on my command. With water she was fine and fearless I would have her on a lead near the canals as she would like to try to sample the local wildlife even if it was swimming. She could jump on our bed which is a divan type so quite high. She is a very fast runner and not a lazy dog. Her favorite game was to steal an item from my youngest son's bedroom so that she could sneek up on him and then wave it in his face, followed by a great game of chase. She would be happy for me to go out of the house on my own or with her, should I go out with someone else, friend or family, she would fold the corner of the doormat over - her small protest, but one that I have really really missed.Last edited: 2011-11-06 23:16:05 by Jo
- 2011-11-06 21:12 Jan
- We've spent many hours over the past few weeks walking
around fields and footpaths around Bierton, Weedon, Aston
Abbots and Rowsham. Lots of trespassing on farmland but
I'm sure they would understand. We've been checking out
anywhere sheltered for signs of Poppy.
We managed to get into the fields right behind Champion
Kennels where Poppy ran off. We've been paying particular
attention to the terrain from that point, the fences,
hedgerows, ditches, water courses etc. We have a black
cocker ourselves and are trying to assess where Poppy
could or couldnt have crossed these natural boundaries.
What would really help us is more information on Poppys
fitness and temperament. Was she a jumper, how was she
near water, would she naturally go into thick undergrowth,
what was her road sense like ? That sort of thing. Our own
black cocker couldnt get over anything higher than a foot
bless her heart.
Also the sightings around Aston Clinton - Were they
unquestionably sightings of a black, docked stray Cocker,
or a more generalised description of a stray dog. Did
anyone try to approach her, or look for an owner ?
We have met so many people out and about who know about
Poppy and are keeping an eye out for her its amazing !
- 2011-11-06 21:04 Catwoman
- Hi Jo,
I am still keeping my fingers crossed for you. It was not me that you spoke to, but my mum in law, Dorothy. I cannot write stuff on here, but our bother with the kennels is not disimilar to yours. i saw our poppy today for the first time since she was found. She is fatter, but her feet look a mess. She has also developed a lump near her tail. I so hope that you get good news soon. Sorry that I cannot help, but I live too far away. Just hope that the 'Poppy trap' catches another Poppy.
- 2011-11-06 17:44 suzanne
- Hi Jo
we are still out looking for Poppy daily over this side of Aylesbury, Bierton, Broughton etc.
We look on this site everyday as well hoping for news, I wish there was more we could do.
- 2011-11-06 10:59 Jo
- Helpers from the Berko area.
Please look at 34157 Leo at very cute Pomeranian missing from location in Berko. Please post on Leo's page if you can help, as an owner of a missing dog I know how much these postings mean.
- 2011-11-06 09:02 Jo
- EMPTY trap this morning. Thank goodness the fireworks are over. B'n'O don't worry you have already done more than I could ever have hoped. I know that 'Team Poppy' on the other side of Aylesbury are still on the case and have not given up.
- 2011-11-05 19:40 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Jo. Afraid I haven't made it to the firework display at AC tonight. I didn't get the fliers from admin and I feel really bad for letting you down. I will be going to the Christmas Fayre at Hearing Dogs in Princes Risborough in 2 weeks time and will display a poster in my car and ask them if I can hand out fliers there. Been thinking about what Jan has said and if we can make sure people are still actively looking out for her in ALL the previous areas she's been seen, hopefully we'll get another sighting. Glad to hear the cocker picked up in Wycombe has been reunited x
- 2011-11-05 17:34 Jo
- Thank you Jan. The sightings early Sept were as firm as they could get without it actually being me that saw her. Her picture was shown to all those who saw her and they confirmed that they thought it was her. The location of the sightings were perfect for her trying to get home - dogs do not then always come home - that I fear would be too simple.
We are ready for tonight, the ditch I must say stinks of house (!) smells and food smells. Sausages for tonight along with a bit of garlic salami.
Keep safe tonight Poppy and all other dogs scared of fireworks. Dreading a call tomorrow from the police to say that she has had an RTA, why tonight is worse I just don't know especially after 14 weeks. Also hopeful that if she is scared that she has remembered the safe haven of the trap.
- 2011-11-05 15:49 Jan
- Hi Jo, I haven't posted for a while as sadly nothing to report but this week I have walked all of the main footpaths and canal walks covering the areas where possible sightings of Poppy have been including up to Wendover and Tringford with no luck.
We have been doing some research on the triangle a lost dog would follow and the information, all be it on the internet suggests that she would take the path of least resistance, having done a walk from the closest point we could get to from where she went missing we can't help but feel she is in there somewhere due to the constraints of the fields hedge rows, fences and ditches. With this in mind we are going to concentrate walks in Bierton up to Weedon, Aston Abbots and the Watermead area, in a sense start from the beginning I will also continue to walk Aston Clinton. Every time I look at Milly, also Black Cocker I think of Poppy so I will continue to look for her as long and as far as it takes.
A question to help my understanding, were the sightings at the beginning of September definite sightings or possible sightings?
- 2011-11-05 08:51 Jo
- EMPTY trap this morning. I also saw a large male dark tabby cat at the side of the field - I am hoping that he was not the sightings a few weeks ago.
A huge thanks to Kay at BoardingKennels.org. Poppy is on their home page, the UK page and also the 6 counties pages. This includes her picture, links, poster and map of sightings.
Kay responded to an email I sent and yesterday read the whole of this site, must have taken forever. I did not expect such an amazing opportunity to get Poppy's info further afield. Again a simple thanks never seems enough.
- 2011-11-05 07:34 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Jo. My son and daughter also refused to wear coats when they were at school, infact my son (now aged 22) still refuses to! I haven't heard from Admin yet re the fliers so I've just this minute sent another email. Any luck last night?
- 2011-11-04 10:39 Jo
- Poppy is used to cats, her favorite pastime is herding our cats. She would impose many rules on them of what she considered they were allowed to do. Our old cat thinks that christmas has come early, he is scratching the sofa and doing many other things on the 'band' list. He is loving the new family situation!
Nicky - massive thanks.
- 2011-11-04 09:37 NickyJ
- What a shame about the camera! Do you think that the big cat could be territorial and possibly keeping Poppy away?
I've been doing dusk spotting this week, and been around Wilstone Res and I did Wendover Woods from a dog's perspective which was interesting as I got led further and further down into the murky depths surrounding the hill rather than going up towards the bacon smells coming from the cafe.
Hope the new camera shows something.
- 2011-11-04 08:16 Jo
- EMPTY trap this morning. Great news about Saturday's weather, I have been getting more apprehensive as the week has gone on. The boys don't mind rain. My eldest has gone to school today without a coat - I think that wearing one is uncool!
The camera did not pick up anything smaller than a human - not even Angry Cat, so I borrowed a friends dog to check it out and it did not work, AC Vets are having it replaced and the new one should be here Monday. (Thanks Darron). The cocker was picked up by the owner from the kennels the night it was found.
I emailed Doglost yesterday about the trap and the response:
I wouldn't bring the trap in. The sightings are so close together, if it's Poppy remember she'll be on her travels trying to find home and moving constantly - but in all likeliness even if she's moved forwards, dogs go back over and over old ground - weeks apart - trying to find where home is. If you move it now, you could miss that day she wanders back, even if it is a long shot.
- 2011-11-04 07:30 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Anything on the camera Jo? Looks like Saturday night will be wet, so a good thing as far as Poppy and the fireworks are concerned - obviously not for your boys though :(
- 2011-11-03 07:29 Jo
- EMPTY, come on Poppy - we need a sighting, at the very least.
- 2011-11-02 22:49 NickyJ
- Well I hope it helps in some small way. (I thought it was supposed to be searchable by the title/keywords but it's not as yet.)
I will keep it up-to-date.
- 2011-11-02 21:18 Jo
- We are in an area of lots of water, canal near London Road, canal otherside of Buckland, water in AC park area, there are brooks as well. My feeling at the moment is that she is not in the field area of Lower Icknield/Buckland Road. I think that potentially she was but has moved on, to come back later if my understanding of ferral behaviour is right.
- 2011-11-02 21:00 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- All the October sightings are within the 'triangle' of the roads I mentioned, so I think this is definetely an area to blitz with fliers. Is the waterway to the south of London Road a canal? Could she be using that for her water supply?
- 2011-11-02 20:48 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I've just looked at the map again and if you enlarge it you can see that the ones in the Buckland area are all within a triangle (bordered by Lower Icknield Way, London Road and Buckland Road), so we might not have to factor in Watermead at all.
- 2011-11-02 20:44 Jo
- NickyJ - what can I say but a big thank you. Seeing her movements plotted this way has lifted my spirits, she is here somewhere and could get home. Thank you for the time you have put into the map - we are really appreciative.
B'n'O - I think we posted together. Yes most of those houses have but seeing the map this way I think there are some gaps, which I will attack over the next day or two. The other sighting which seems such a long time ago 17/8, long haired black dog (as the poster) spotted at about 3pm crossing Elmhurst Road near the Dairy Maid heading towards Cleveland Park back of Watermead, 2 different people let me know.Last edited: 2011-11-02 20:54:23 by Jo
- 2011-11-02 20:42 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Brilliant work NickyJ! Wonder if the possible sighting at Watermead should be included as this might give us the triangle that she could be staying in? (for anyone who isn't already aware - dogs on the loose tend to move around in a triangle). Jo - have all the houses bordering the main area of sightings on NickyJ's map been leafleted?
- 2011-11-02 19:53 NickyJ
- I've plotted the sightings of Poppy and all possible hearings/ sightings of her onto a Google map titled "Poppy Lost Dog Sightings".
Copy and paste this URL into the address bar:
- 2011-11-02 19:36 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Jo - can you please let me know when you find out exactly where the cocker was found? I'm only just outside High Wycombe and can put the word around. Good luck tonight x
- 2011-11-02 17:14 Jo
- B'n'O Thanks for the offer of the flyers, it would be very kind of you.
I had thought of letting Doglost know straight away but thought that it would be a lot of admin if the dogs owners had already contacted the warden. I have just called the kennels and the JR has been picked up but the Cocker not yet. I will talk to Anne the dog warden in the morning as I do not have the details about where the Cocker was found and but will first contact the kennels to see if she has gone home.
We are ready to 'rock' tonight with garlic tripe, field scented - yum.
- 2011-11-02 17:00 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Do you think it would be an idea to put the found dogs on here incase they're not chipped? Whick kennels did they go to?
- 2011-11-02 16:59 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Jo. I've emailed DL admin asking if they can make up and email me some fliers for Poppy. I can't promise, but if I get chance I'll go to AC firework display and hand them out for you x
- 2011-11-02 13:38 Jo
- Yet another very strange doglost day. I had a call from the dog warden to say that a black cocker had been picked up in High Wycombe - same markings as Poppy with the long nose, white patch, grey muzzel etc but this dog had been looked after. As she would be passing rather than meet at the kennels she bought the dog to my house - the dog was NOT Poppy. Whilst we were talking a car pulled up having seen the dog warden come to my house to say that in her car she had a jack russell that she had just found in Weston Turville - boy, no collar. So the dog warden got two dogs for the price of one. Both have now been taken to the kennels. I have been to every house in the village that I know has a jack russell but no luck. The dog could be Patch from the travellers site waiting on confirmation, also there is one other house where no one is in that usually has a JR in the garden. Yet another day where I haven't got much work done!
- 2011-11-02 08:59 Jo
- B'n'O we do not go to the big firework display as our village has a small display of its own. I feel guilty enough that I am not there most of the time for my boys since this has happened. I always seem to be doing something Poppy related, therefore we are going to stick with tradition and go to the village fireworks without any leaflets, the last thing the children need is me to go and then spend the whole time talking to other people about our dog. Although I know that I will spend most of the night just feeling sick with worry.
- 2011-11-02 08:33 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Meant to add don't forget that the firework display would be a good opportunity to hand out fliers.
- 2011-11-02 08:31 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Pesky cat!! With reference to the comment re Riverside Walk, I would just like to say that I doubt that the number of people using this site that go on Crime Stoppers is as great as the number of us that own dogs and walk them on our own, so I for one am grateful for info like this. Jo - if you need any help with searching before Saturday I am free all day on Friday x
- 2011-11-02 08:05 Jo
- Trap had Mr Angry but full as its captive this morning. Changing the food tonight and re-scenting again. I will keep this up for one more week. The trap needs to be out for Saturday just in case she was the one that delivered the bird, she might consider the crate a safe place with the fireworks. It is unfortunate but the big Aylesbury display is held in Aston Clinton at the Rugby Club.
- 2011-11-01 22:49 funkydawgi
- how do!! went all round marsworth reservoir today, no sign but posters are all in good shape!, spoke to some lovely boat people who are all on look out for Poppy just incase she takes a trip down by the canal wanting duck for dinner!!, little love fest going on down there between my boy & a stunning Rotti called Bonnie, told her if she wants to see him again best she go find Poppy!!!. Will be doing Aston tomorrow!!.
NickyJ lovin idea of map & await listing of it on here!! bet you were in the guides!!
Jo was that 2nd of Sept, gee seems an age ago. I am stepping it up a gear as saturday looms up ahead so any ideas people throw em at me!!.
Don't know what went on at Riverside walk but I have a hairy bodyguard :-)
- 2011-11-01 22:29 Jo
- Ready to go again tonight - Poppy please get into the trap, tonight would be great.
Nicky - Weekend 15th Oct possible sightings x 2 in the field.
That same weekend and 17th t-shirt movement.
Previous week and week before that possible hearing, field area.
21st Sept possible hearing hedgerow of field.
- All of the above on or near the field Lower Icknield Road, just past the houses and turning to Deans Close (Way?) before the turning to Buckland - this field is Aston Clinton.
6th Sept possible sighting in Aston Clinton back of stables / Halton Brook Business Park, 9.00am.
4th Sept possibly heard back of skate park.
2nd Sept Seen in AC park by skate ramps 4.00pm - Also seen on the Halton Brook Business Park road at about 10.00pm
1st Sept outside the Rothchilds Arms about 3.30pm.
I think with reference to the incident on Riverside Walk, we all need to be careful and mindful of safety at all times and in all places.
- 2011-11-01 21:33 NickyJ
- I'm trying to plot the locations of the earlier sightings of Poppy, as well as the possible hearings/sightings of her, onto my map, but I'm a bit confused as to some of the areas. Call me "OCD" but this is my list, can any one add to it or amend it please?
October - Nocturnal activity in Buckland
October - Poss seen in Buckland
October - Poss heard at night in Buckland
September - Dog's den found near Halton Brook Business Park/or near stables
2 September - Aston Clinton Park - heard behind skate park in night
1 September - Walked past Rothschilds Arms pub in Aston Clinton daytime
I'm trying to plot onto a Google map and share it on here...
PS: I was the Dogwatch member who reported the incident along Riverside Walk to the police last Saturday as it was me who saw him - I think it's relevant because I also put Poppy's posters up along the Riverside Walk footpath because it's a potential route she could've taken by following the river from Bierton, and Claire Weston Turville was just warning other people to be aware.Last edited: 2011-11-01 21:43:09 by NickyJ
- 2011-11-01 20:45 Kc3
- It should be remembered that this is a site for finding lost dogs and should not be abused by people wishing to discuss other topics.
If there are issues related to illegal activity then may I suggest you use crimestoppers.
Last edited: 2011-11-01 20:47:50 by Kc3
- 2011-11-01 20:39 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Not sure why I am in moderation! Merely highlighting a possible dangerous situation that any female lone walker should be aware of. Apologies if I have offended.
- 2011-11-01 08:55 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- 2011-11-01 07:22 Jo
- Empty this morning.
- 2011-11-01 07:19 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- What a b****y cheek - Poppy's not even my dog and this has made my blood boil!! Let's get her home Jo, then they can be dealt with, which I'm sure will give many of us a great deal of pleasure!! Will log on at lunch time to see if you had any luck last night x
- 2011-10-31 21:39 Jo
- Catwoman, we spoke a long time ago, you were on your way to pick up Ken from the airport and still had to tell him that his Poppy was missing - I so felt for you and your task. I was overjoyed when your Poppy was found but a little sad that it was not my Poppy.
Your kennels might not have been helpful, but I am sure you knew fairly soon after she went missing, we were told after 4 days lost and at least you were not blamed by your kennel as I have been by Champion Boarding! (As posted by Jane the kennel owner on this page 30/8.) I expect you have not had a letter from the kennel expecting YOU to put a public apology in the Bucks Herald in favour of the kennels letting everyone know that Poppy going missing was your fault- ours arrive on the 6th Sept. In fact if anyone can top the way we have been treated by Champion Boarding I would love to know - still waiting for Poppy's bedding back from them, and believe it or not they have had the cheek to keep our deposit.
Ready to go tonight - lets hope Mr Angry keeps away and leaves some dinner for Poppy.
Forgot to thank King Charles Trips - for the loan of Holly and for her constant support.Last edited: 2011-10-31 22:40:56 by Jo
- 2011-10-31 17:26 Catwoman
- Hi, Just read about Poppy. I am Poppy the Whippet's owner's friend, and just wanted to tell you not to give up hope. I cannot believe that another kennels have lost a dog. To say that I was umnimpressed by the response from the kennels that had our Poppy is an understatement. I have a friend who is a patron of the Dogs Trust and he told me that we should sue under the small claims court. The kennels have agreed to look after a dog and have lost it. Regardless of how it may or may not have escaped, it should not happen.
The thing is, all you want is to get your dog back first. I have everything crossed for you.
Cats will do anything when they are scared. The most timid cat can seem like a raging beast if it was terrified.
Good luck.Last edited: 2011-10-31 17:27:37 by Catwoman
- 2011-10-31 09:00 Jo
- The cat was a white and tabby, quite large and guessing it was male. I have seen cats try to scratch and claw but never punch - wouldn't like to meet it in a dark alley.
- 2011-10-31 07:45 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Jo. Well at least we know the trap works! Was it a black cat? (I seem to remember a post mentioning someone seeing a black creature in the field but they weren't sure if it was a dog or a cat). Do you know anyone (or have any of our helpers got) a non-aggressive dog with excellent recall skills (don't want another lost dog on our hands) that could be sent out into the field to try and flush Poppy out? I just thought she might be more receptive of another dog rather than a human? I'm off to work now but will check Poppy's page again at lunch time, as is my daily ritual xx
- 2011-10-31 07:25 Jo
- A VERY angry cat in the trap this morning, so that's a step in the right direction.
Thanks everyone for your support. Poppy does not have a facebook page but I know that a lot of people have been sharing her information on the site.
Tonight is another chance and at least the trap works.
- 2011-10-30 22:48 Jan
- Jo My heart goes out to you knowing that the only one who can make this all OK is Poppy. But I wanted to let you know that we went for a walk to follow roughly the direction Poppy went using the information the Kennels gave whilst trying to absolve themselves of blame. Whilst we had no joy a man we spoke to said that all in Bierton are still looking out for her, she is not forgotten there.
- 2011-10-30 22:38 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Come on Poppy - your mum and the rest of the family really need you home, so PLEASE, show yourself tonight! Jo - has Poppy got a Facebook page? Although many people know about her already, if she had a Facebook page people could share it with all their contacts, and that would make literally hundreds more people aware and hopefully get some sightings coming in. Try to stay strong, Alison xx
- 2011-10-30 20:47 blvw
- Jo - my heart goes out to you and Poppy. I hope tonight is the night.
- 2011-10-30 20:25 NickyJ
- Right, tomorrow (Monday) Sunrise time in Bucks is 6.55am, Sunset is 4.37pm - I will do an hours stakeout somewhere in a quiet bit of Buckland (site to be determined) at dusk as a reccie. Promise I'm not a burgular! :-)
I'll carry on doing these this week as it's on my way home from where I'm working this week. Interesting to see movements of other wildlife and other creaturesLast edited: 2011-10-31 20:49:07 by NickyJ
- 2011-10-30 18:16 Angus - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Milton Keynes
- Good luck tonight Jo x
I am not working next Sunday - if you fancy organizing a search next Sunday if she is not captured before then I am happy to come over and assist - let me know if this is do-able x
- 2011-10-30 17:56 Jo
- Ready to go tonight with a tin of pilchards, the smell spread around the trap and topped off with a spray of Bovril along the field. I am feeling very low today and just need a glimmer of hope that she is coming back. My husband thought another dog in the family would help me cope and that Poppy would not mind when she returns - I think the flood of tears from me was not quite what he expected. Poppy is the only dog I want and I really miss her. blvw - you must be feeling very lucky that you had a dog to collect from Champion Boarding - I would not wish this daily nightmare of not knowing where she is on anybody.
Camera is in place to catch the evening wildlife and I think that the weather is due to be kind - perhaps tonight is the night!
- 2011-10-30 12:19 funkydawgi
- Hey been checking in daily but as nothing to report not joined in, but yes i am in as & when for search. Tis a good idea to do stake outs dusk/Dawn but please people be careful where you park or you might just get locked in somewhere!! like my goodself did doh!!
- 2011-10-30 09:58 Angus - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Milton Keynes
- thanks for offering to help blvw - I am sure Jo would appreciate some extra help on the ground - please feel free to contact her directly - In relation to search dogs - they can only work with a 'live' scent which is dissipates after a few days so sadly the initial delay in owners being alerted put paid to the best chance we had of early capture - please see Jo's earlier posting on the alternatives service....
2011-10-12 18:00 Jo
Cavalier Spaniel Obsessive, thanks for your first post on Poppy's site. Don't get me started on animalsearchuk......Still waiting reply from my email of the 3rd Oct about the found Cocker(Scotland)and I have called them constantly to find out if this dog is Poppy, I have been told that I need to wait for a reply to my email - I wonder if there was ever a dog found. They have offered me posters at about £200 for 25. Search and rescue, I have heard costs about £1000 a day. Their first question when you call is 'Is your dog insured?'. I feel that they prey on vulnerable people.
Compare this to Doglost, I can call anytime and get free exceptional advice, the poster is here for us all to print, people can use Doglost to let me know what is happening, to ask me questions and call me directly. Doglost is a website run by dog lovers who volunteer and really want to reunite dog and owner. (Dismounting soapbox!)
- 2011-10-30 09:32 blvw
- hi Jo - I saw a poster about Poppy a couple of days ago. I'd just collected my dog from Champion Kennels so it seemed very poignant. I don't live in the area but my parents do and I've asked them to spread the word, I really feel for you.
I just wondered if you'd also looked at an alternative pet search service which I think uses tracker dogs to find lost pets. I don't know the details but the website is here:
Apologies if this is an avenue you've already explored but thought it was worth suggesting. I'll keep checking and would be happy to join a search party one weekend if you decide to arrange one.
- 2011-10-30 08:36 Jo
- EMPTY trap. Strange as something had been out there, I think foxes are territorial so I am surprised that we have not seen it if it was the one out in that field. Camera is now in the right place but has not yet seen any wondering animals.
I am frustrated with our lack of progress with the trap. Oh well, tonight is another chance, might change the menu.
B'n'O forgot to add that the camera does not flash, it has some night vision 'thing' that makes it work.Last edited: 2011-10-30 08:39:08 by Jo
- 2011-10-29 19:34 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Count me in NickyJ - just let me know when. Jo - when the camera goes off does it flash like a normal one? Just wondered if would startle her. Good luck tonight xx
- 2011-10-29 19:18 Jo
- Trap ready to go, I have refreshed again and added some roasted garlic. The camera has been a bit of a learning curve and hopefully we now have it in the right place and without anything that it can glare off. There is nothing worse than knowing that the camera has gone off but can not see why. Nicky - good idea and as the nights will soon be longer she may be out earlier.
Hoping that tonight we 'see' something or even better have to collect her from the trap in the morning.
- 2011-10-29 11:30 NickyJ
- One thing us helpers might be able do, when the time is right, is to sit very quiet and still inside a vehicle for a couple of hours at dawn or dusk at allotted points and just look for a sighting. Bit tricky in dark though, but maybe under a street lamp or something close to where she's been seen or heard before?
- 2011-10-29 07:56 Jo
- EMPTY trap. Nothing on the camera.
Berties - I have heard that Poppy's posters were very evident at the Midland County Show - thank you.Last edited: 2011-10-29 11:00:05 by Jo
- 2011-10-28 22:09 jacks
- i am checking in everyday, and i will be up for a search when you think the time is right Jo, you are doing a great job and i'm sure patience will pay off soon
- 2011-10-28 21:30 NickyJ
- Yes, understand totally. If it's her who's been around the trap then you've got to gain her trust and coax her gradually.
- 2011-10-28 19:49 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- That's ok Jo, I fully understand. We can hold of the search until you give the word. Keeping everything crossed for you here xx
- 2011-10-28 17:57 Jo
- We are ready to go tonight. I have used tripe mixed with peperami for an extra meaty garlic smell. I have re-scented the area with the usual and with Bovril along the edge of the field. B'n'O there was a possible sighting in the field at the beginning of last week as per my post on 25th, also since then someone else has mentioned that their Mum might have seen her there too - this was about the time when the t-shirt was moving. I want to give the camera time to work in the right weather conditions. I would much prefer to know that she is there and then find a way to catch her if the trap is not the answer. My husband is also concerned about too many people scaring her off, this could be our only chance. Since loosing Poppy I now take one day at a time and I do not plan beyond checking the trap and camera tomorrow - this is my way of coping and staying hopeful - to still have her out on the 5th is not something I can think about, but the closer it comes then who knows. I also think that if she did leave the pigeon she might consider the trap/crate a safe place, this is where she would go at home on firework night. I really appreaciate everyones offer but let's see what tomorrow brings.
- 2011-10-28 14:45 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Jo. I suggested the search because there haven't been any sightings and we need to find out if she's moved area. Depending on how many people we can get involved, I thought we could all take different areas. I don't know AC and WT that well but thought Wendover Woods and Weston Turville reservoir could be included. Any other suggestions? What time and where would everyone like to meet? I can ask DL admin to make up some fliers for us to hand out to people we meet on our travels (you get about 4 to an A4 size sheet). Also, have you got any firework displays coming up locally? Would be a great opportunity to hand out fliers there and so spread the word xx
- 2011-10-28 13:35 Jan
- I could also do Sat 5th. I know it's a long shot Jo but is it worth considering doing an organised search from Bierton. I was overthere the other day and considering the amount of farm land it may just be worth a try. In the meantime I will be taking Milly for a walk soon so will walk the canals and footpaths around AC, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and Poppy. x
- 2011-10-28 12:33 Millie and Pippa
- Hi Jo, just to say that although I am not posting here I am still checking in every day hoping for news and always on the look out for Poppy everywhere I travel. Posters are also up at my office and she often comes into conversation when I am out and about. If you want to put some more posters through my door please feel free, still keeping my fingers crossed x
- 2011-10-28 10:48 Jo
- EMPTY. A bit later posting today, as I was hoping for good news :( I have had calls about a feature on South Today earlier in the week about a rescue kennels in Burford and in one of the kennels was a black Cocker , white patch on chest. I was told on Wed and by then they were closed, don't open on a Thursday and only opened at 10.30 today - tough waiting. The Cocker was not Poppy. The camera has been up and running for 2 nights and has not picked up a single animal, weather has not been kind. I think unless it does there is no point doing a mass search as she seems to have moved areas. She will either now be caught in the trap or on the camera if she is in the area and then would be a good time for a search (-if she is on camera only, if in the trap we can celebrate instead). The next couple of nights seem better weather so I will scent again today and keep my fingers crossed.
- 2011-10-28 10:39 callypepps
- hi jo, i have some more posters here that i have recently printed, and updated as still missing at end of october, if you want to drop some more updated ones off, please do.i have about 8 here ready to go out, but the more the better. havent seen the one in tescos lately,it might be worth you checking in there to see if they need a new one.Praying for good news soon, time to come home Poppy xx
- 2011-10-28 09:09 NickyJ
- Yes, count me in, and Sat 5th I could do.
(I wonder if best to take other dogs or not? Obviously they naturally seak out other dogs/creatures with their super-sniffers and can flush all sorts of wildlife from under cover. But would she be too frightened??)
- 2011-10-28 08:30 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Anyone else up for a search party? Must admit I'm getting concerned as bonfire night draws ever closer as the fireworks might force her further into hiding. If we can get as large a group as possible involved and perhaps search in pairs - what do you think Jo? It would need to be properly organised with everyone being given set areas to cover (obviously being careful not to upset landowners). I could make next Saturday morning (5th) if anyone else interested?
- 2011-10-28 07:18 Jan
- Hi Jo I hope this post won't be necessary. But just wanted to get bearings of where Poppy was last seen heard. I have been walking Canal and surrounding woodland from Green park both ways towards Buckland and beyond and toward Halton. Milly doesn't mind where she walks so if you have an area that might better to concentrate on please let me know. Happy to walk solo or join a search party. Anything to help find your beautiful girl. x
- 2011-10-27 23:11 Berties Family
- I have printed 50 posters to take with me to Midland Counties dog show tomorrow - I will place these next to the schedules - someone somewhere may have seen her
- 2011-10-27 21:20 Jo
- We are ready to go again tonight, but so far this evening the weather has not been kind to a lost dog and her apprehensive Mum. I did flour a small area at the start of this but just ended up with a glue like mess. I have something in the entrance of the trap that will indicate if some big wet dog feet have been visiting. I have spent some of today ringing rescue centres further afield hoping that she has been sitting one someone's sofa for the past 3 months. Callypepps and Liz can I please drop some posters to you, I am sure that the ones your way are looking a state.
- 2011-10-27 15:14 suzanne
- Hi Jo
what is happening with the wildlife camera that (Anne) mentioned on 22.10.11 ?? (has it arrived yet) I have been waiting with anticipation to see how that is going, it would be lovely to catch Poppy on film and know that she is out there (and in the area that we think she is).Last edited: 2011-10-27 15:16:49 by suzanne
- 2011-10-27 12:53 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi nickj - good to have you back! I suggested this in my post on 21st Oct, but don't know if Jo's tried it yet. I also thought something like flour could be used, but I guess the wind would just blow that away as it isn't as heavy as sand?
- 2011-10-27 09:59 NickyJ
- You'd think something would go into it for the tripe, even a fox or something!! I watched a clip on tv last night about tracking and identifying wildlife in gardens. They patted down a pile of sand at the entrance to bush and identified the creature by prints left in it.
I wonder if sand spread and leveled around the trap/tent might show paw prints? This link helps identify and eliminate other wildlife:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/animals/wildbritain/field_guides/animal_tracks.shtmlLast edited: 2011-10-27 12:03:14 by NickyJ
- 2011-10-27 07:56 Jo
- EMPTY trap this morning.
- 2011-10-26 19:40 Jo
- Dee, I have purchased a PVC black groundsheet (for the cover), I was worried that the tarp would make too much noise as the trap in a fairly windy area. So, tonight we are watertight. No dead bird for dinner but back to tripe. Off we go again....night 9.
- 2011-10-26 14:20 NickyJ
- Hi I'm back from holiday now and will be back walking around Wendover Woods again. Some excellent advice on this thread for what to do in the event of her being spotted. Good luck with the trap tonight!
- 2011-10-26 12:20 Sherlock Bones Police Liaison Co-ordinator
- Jo, can you get a waterproof army style cover for the trap? this sort of thing? Perhaps an army surplus store? With the weather closing in it might make it more cosy for her http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6ft-x-4ft-Camouflage-Tarpaulin-Camo-Tarp-Cover-Sheet-/290574878744
- 2011-10-26 07:42 Jo
- EMPTY trap this morning, unless you want to count yesterday's dead bird. I had really hoped that last night would be it and that this morning she would have been in the trap. The weather was not with us last night as the rain at times was very heavy and Poppy would stay where she is hiding out, tonight I think is much the same but improving for the rest of the week.
Hi Jan, my pet Poppy was happy, friendly and loving to all but the Poppy that has been out for 14 weeks is my new Poppy, shy, scared and trying to survive. B'n'O's Mum left 2 long posts on 21st Oct, these describe the behaviour of a feral dog.
Thanks to everyone that is still looking for Poppy.
- 2011-10-25 23:06 Jan
- Hi Jo,
I've just joined this site to let you know that I am looking for Poppy every chance I get and would be happy to help in any way, I can only imagine how difficult this must be for you and your family. Just a couple of questions what was Poppy's temperament like before she went missing, was she happy to go up to people and other dogs or was she shy? Also has anyone tried to call Poppy and she hasn't gone to them or is it an assumption? I note that there islots of good advice but no one will know her better than you as to how she will react I will keep my fingers crossed for you tonigt.
- 2011-10-25 16:54 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I had a drive around Weston Turville and Aston Clinton on my way back from Aylesbury at lunch time. I parked in the layby near WT reservoir to eat my lunch and noticed how busy it was there with walkers. Didn't notice any posters in the layby and thought this would be an ideal place for them. Are there any around the reservoir and could this be somewhere Poppy could be getting water? Whilst sitting in my car at least 3 light aircraft went over. My husband said there's an airfield nearby - are they already aware of Poppy? Saw loads of posters as I drove around WT and AC. Has the petrol station been asked to display one near the till? A work colleague told me that a friend of hers lives in a house next to Wendover Woods and she is always on the lookout for Poppy when walking her cocker and terrier there. Good luck tonight Jo xx
- 2011-10-25 14:36 Mal
- think about poppy every day and no that one day Jo all your patience and hard work will be rewarded. Whilst i appreciate all the good advice you have been given I am sure she is out there and knows your her mum and always will be. Good luck tonight!
MalLast edited: 2011-10-25 14:37:27 by Mal
- 2011-10-25 09:41 Jo
- EMPTY, no dog this morning - a dead bird in the trap instead, trap door still open, bird is next to the pressure plate. Being advised to leave the bird in there overnight just in case it has been left for safe keeping - yuck! If Poppy is not in there tomorrow I am going to have to clean it up, manky yuck!
I had a call this morning from Debbie who lives on the London Road, AC. Her garden backs onto the field near the trap and she thinks that she might have seen Poppy at the beginning of the week (could be a black cat?). B'n'O Poppy loves most foods, except tomatoes. Helicopter had been offered! Old pet Poppy would have loved having a bark at it, new Poppy would run and hide. The gliders at Halton are aware to keep a look out for Poppy. Funky - A & E!!! Hope you and your clan are OK.
- 2011-10-25 08:46 Berties Family
- if you cook anything flavour it with garlic - the smell is very inviting....
- 2011-10-24 22:02 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Sorry if this sounds a bit daft, but how far are you from Dunstable Downs? I think they might have a hang gliding/microlight club there. If they fly over AC way perhaps you could ask them to keep a look out for Poppy? Failing that, has MW got a private helicopter :)
- 2011-10-24 21:57 funkydawgi
- How do, got me some lovely fresh ox liver if you would like some Jo for Pops dinner tomorrow night?? been to park etc, even saw Pops poster in A & E last night I just & no doubt everyone else keeps going round in loops one of us must bump into her at some point!!!
- 2011-10-24 21:14 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Does she actually like tripe? Maybe a change of menu might help (liver maybe?) Have any of your friends or a family member got a dog that Poppy knows well? If you could get them to walk around the area where you think she might be, it might just tempt her out. I'm over in Aylesbury for a meeting in the morning and will have a drive around the AC area before going back to work in Amersham x
- 2011-10-24 19:37 Jo
- All triped up and ready to go again tonight. B'n'O I have had a walk around and I can not seen any black fur snagged on bushes etc. I have also re-read your long advice post, just so that I can get it into my head, the last thing I want to do if I do see her at any point is to panic / or panic her.
- 2011-10-24 07:23 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Keep going Jo, you're doing great. Have you checked any nearby bushes to see if any of her fur has snagged on them? Hopefully the wildlife camera will be up and running soon x
- 2011-10-24 07:18 Jo
- EMPTY trap this morning. Try again tonight!
- 2011-10-23 19:23 Jo
- Well, that was disgusting, we have had such a warm day that the food from last night was covered in fly eggs when I went up to prepare the trap for tonight. Come on Poppy this is too much!
Massive thank you to Sue for letting me use her garden - I have now taken down Poppy's tent and brought it home.
Suzanne - thank you, if only Poppy knew how many people are looking for her,if she did know, she so is so willing to please would be waiting at my door in the morning.
- 2011-10-23 13:53 suzanne
- Hi Jo
just wanted to let you know that we have not given up hope, and are out looking for poppy on this side of town and various other places whenever we get a chance - spent yesterday wandering around wendover woods.
barney and ozzies mum - that is fantastic advice Thank you (have been wondering for sometime how we might react if we did come accross Poppy)
Will keep checking on here for good news - fingers crossed
am sure it will not be to long now - surely the cold weather will bring her home
- 2011-10-23 07:36 Jo
- EMPTY trap this morning, ready to go again tonight.
- 2011-10-22 20:24 Jo
- We are baited and ready to go tonight, I do understand that this could take a while for her to get to the trap as she (if it is her) might have gone off for a while but she will come back to the area, soon?
Darron and Anne - you and your team at Aston Clinton Vets have been so amazing, from that first call when I told you she was missing you have been there with me searching, calling around, looking for leads and postering - Big Thank You. Raine, thanks for the blogspot and offer.
- 2011-10-22 18:30 Raine
- Are you checking sites further a field, as she may have been picked up and relocated? There is a greying chin stray spaniel in this rescue, but its up north.
- 2011-10-22 18:11 Raine
- I live in Oxford and if you want some company on any searches, Im happy to meet up with you.
- 2011-10-22 15:58 Anne
- Hi Jo
Darron has orderd a wildlife camera which might help to find out if it is Poppy in the area. we are on hols for a week but will get the girls to call you when it's in to try.
Best of luck from all of us
- 2011-10-22 09:41 Sherlock Bones Police Liaison Co-ordinator
- Keep going Jo, remember if it is Poppy she'll still be trying to work out which way back home so could be zigzagging her way over old ground before coming back to where is familiar with your smells. You're right in tnat once she's home she'll transform back to pet behaviour as quickly as she has adapted to feral behaviour now. x
- 2011-10-22 07:28 Jo
- EMPTY trap, so I will re-bait tonight for another go. Redd - hearings and movement of a t-shirt but Dee thought it was worth a shot, a bit strange that we have not caught anything as one time the t-shirt moved a distance. B'n'O thanks for the info, one of the hardest things has been realising that Poppy now has completely different behaviour and that she is not our pet, although I have heard that as soon as they are back with you they go back into pet mode.
- 2011-10-21 19:14 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- it hasn't copied it all in one go!! here's the rest..
If you were there with others let them get up and leave first, you follow them with him. Unless he is comfortable enough to be around them.
If he wants to go a different way to them then take your own route away from them, you can go back for them later! (Unless of course it's your 6 year old kid that you can't leave, in which case just keep them up front, far enough where they are safe and you can see them but distance enough where Oscar doesn't feel threatened by their presence).
***If he seems happy to be around you, and once first contact is made he's running around you all confident and happy and wanting to stay with you then you can act normal and keep hold as soon as he's near you. You will know this by instinct, especially if you have and know dogs. But if he is nervous then please follow the rest of it.
All this could take time, it could take 15 mins or it could take a whole day. It could take a week of going back to the same place each day if he has been brave enough to come and sniff from afar then disappear again, but as long as you stay consistent and keep patient eventually he will take that step of approaching you.
Remember he has been fleeing from what he will class as danger for a long time.
- 2011-10-21 19:12 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I have copied this from Oscar's (28036) Facebook page as thought you might find it useful x
This is some advice we have been given just incase anyone see's Oscar or any other missing dog for that matter.
I'm going to work on the assumption that if anyone on here does see Oscar their natural instinct will be to follow him. This will only make him disappear and hide, he will feel threatened.
It is important that it is he that approaches you.
... Thinking of the going back to feral behaviour as mentioned by others he will associate being followed by being herded out of the pack by the stronger 'pack leader' dogs. If he is allowed to approach the pack then he will feel accepted.
If anyone were to see him, my advice would be to sit down, as soon as you see him, sing nonsense songs very quietly or hum and don't make any eye contact at all. If there's more than one you must all sit down. Ideally there won't be more than two, if it's a lone parent with kids then obviously it will have to be all but it's important for the kids to be quiet. Keep him interested but don't directly look at him even when he's not looking at you. Just make sure he's still curious about the nutter/s in the middle of the floor. And keep your hands spread out at your sides but at ground level so if he came up he could sniff and not feel threatened. This would be better if you had a few treats in your hands too. Keep the treats coming if you can, each time putting your hands back down into the palm up position.
Still don't make eye contact and just gently and quietly speak nonsense to him in a silly voice, mentioning his name and other family names a lot in sentences. The sentences don't have to make sense. Once you have his trust you can talk normally but still low tone and gently. Just keep on with the chatting in a constant stream.
Don't attempt to grab him or even stroke him at first and don't make any sudden movements. If you keep your hands palm up and he's not attempting to move away, gently, and very slow moving lift a finger up and tickle his chin. Chances are even if he wanders back off he will be trusting enough to come and say Hi again until he no longer feels threatened.
If he is scared enough he may bite/nip you, don't chastise him for it, just go back to no touch.
The sitting down will bring you to his level and let him believe that if you don't have legs you can't chase him.
If he feels relaxed around you amongst all this all this and you get to feel his collar, (assuming he still has a collar on?), just give it a tweak but don't grab hold. Tweak and release, tickle some more, then tweak again. Gradually come up around so you are scritching him behind the ears and on top of his collar. If he doesn't seem at all bothered then keep hold of his collar, gently and very slowly, stroke him with your other hand. By this time you could consider him caught. Sit and talk with him for a while like this before attempting to get up and walk away with him. And as excited as you are going to feel, try not to show it, he will misinterpret your emotions. Be happy and jolly but do it calmly. You need to keep calm and keep a low voice.
If the collar is gone you have to be patient and wait until you know the moment is right to gently hold him whilst you put on a rope/lead/whatever you have. Remember, slow and unthreatening movements but not too cautious as to make him suspicious.
If you were there with others let them get up and
- 2011-10-21 13:52 redd_angel
- Have there been any more sightings? Went through the posts but didn't read anything. Was just wondering about the sightings as you said, you would need a positive sighting first before you can use the trap. Hoping little Poppy will be home with you very very soon!
- 2011-10-21 10:49 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Great idea Fireside Friends! Also, what have you got on the floor of the trap? She might be nervous about stepping in to it if she can see mesh or something, so an old blanket or jumper at the entrance might help, so long as it doesn't interfere with the trap door. My cocker Barney is afraid of his own shadow, so if she's anything like him, you need to make things seem as familiar to her as possible x
- 2011-10-21 10:24 Help for Hounds
- Hi Jo, I don't know whether this significantly added to the capture of Poppy the Whippet, but what I did was rub raw tripe and sausages on to fence posts, trees, etc leading a path to the trap. It leaves enough of a food trail without leaving food, if you know what I mean...as you probably already know, the ONLY food source should be what you have put in the trap.
Keep at it, I know it can be so disheartening to see an empty trap every morning, but if she's around she'll smell that food...good luck x
- 2011-10-21 09:22 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Jo. This is straight off the top of my head, so haven't given it much thought - but how about putting something like sand around the trap so that you could tell if she's been near it (paw prints) or maybe just flour would do the trick? I think it's great that MW is getting involved. If word got around I'm sure you'd have lots more willing helpers (female!), but that's not really fair on him, is it???? Wishing you better luck today. Alison x
- 2011-10-21 08:54 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo, I'm away for the next week (visiting daughter in York) but would sincerely love to see this page turn blue. Send me a text anytime you want though and if I can help from up North then I will.
- 2011-10-21 08:03 Jo
- EMPTY,I had hoped that last night would have been it. My youngest comes home from school camp today and it would have been great if Poppy was there to meet him. Oh well, tonight is another night of waiting.
Mark Webber and his partner Ann have been great as have all the searchers. Poppy did get a mention in The Sunday Times a couple of weeks ago during another MW interview. For half the year our lives are arranged around the F1 schedule so for the boys (husband included) it is great to have Mark involved. My eldest didn't take Poppy's poster into school to show his friends but a copy of the MW interview!
- 2011-10-21 07:35 Sue
- I was out with friends last night and my friend told me that he had been watching motor racing on the TV and Mark Webber came on. (Formula One racing driver) Mark lives in Aston Clinton. When the news man asked Mark what he was doing this weekend he said he was going home to look for a dog called Poppy :-)
- 2011-10-20 22:48 Jo
- Well, dinner is the same as last night but I have re-scented. It would be great if she could pop herself in the trap tonight.
- 2011-10-20 22:32 Sherlock Bones Police Liaison Co-ordinator
- Keep going, Jo... it's a strange contraption it might take time x
- 2011-10-20 07:23 Jo
- EMPTY, not even a cat. The weather was against us last night, so try again tonight.
- 2011-10-19 23:03 Angus - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Milton Keynes
- So hoping there will be good news overnight come on Poppy x
- 2011-10-19 22:52 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- It sounds so cosy, how could she possibly resist?!! You'll probably find her snuggled up in there with a whole bunch of wildlife :)
- 2011-10-19 19:57 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Think I'll move in!!!! Good Luck
- 2011-10-19 17:33 Jo
- Trap ready for tonight. On the menu, plichards and off-cuts of meat with bone - Kings Farm no less. I have popped the old bed cover over part of the top to keep some of the trap dry.
- 2011-10-19 17:03 Becky Taylor
- Jo, keeping fingers and toes crossed that Poppy decides to choose the cage.
- 2011-10-19 11:01 Berties Family
- you are doing great - fingers crossed she decides she has had enough and goes into the cage - if you read the other poppy story, they caught a cat a few times before she went in to her owners top....I have fully read all your posts and cannot believe the kennels comments - I took the people who lost my dog to court....and won my case so when you get her back..... my number is on the other poppy thread if you need searchers
- 2011-10-19 10:43 Jo
- I have put the old cover from our bed in the trap as well as my t-shirt that had been previously moved. When we came back from holiday I packed up everything that had her and our smell on it ready for a day when we might need it.
- 2011-10-19 09:15 funkydawgi
- would of been a miracle if Poppy had been waiting for you this morning Jo!, sadly it's not that easy :-( but don't lose heart as she is no doubt sizing the situation up or she had a hot date last night!. So like everyone else on here (your all fabulous by the way!!) anything I can do just say the word
- 2011-10-19 08:49 Berties Family
- keep checking twice a day, and agree with post below put something of yours in there....oh and good luck, the other trap sounds like a great idea too
- 2011-10-19 08:16 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- What a shame, but as you say it's early days - she needs to get used to it being there. As a matter of interest, have you put clothing as well as food in the trap?
- 2011-10-19 07:20 Jo
- EMPTY trap this morning, still early days.
- 2011-10-19 06:58 julie shelton:
- I also have a trap, if you want a second one. I am not far away and know the area well as I have done regular drives round since the possible sighting in Aston Clinton. I could get it to you any day. Sandy has my mobile number or phone the kennels on 01525 220383.
- 2011-10-19 06:19 jenny4 - Area Co-ordinator, West Hampshire
- Like a lot on here ,sadly ,I can only watch from a distance and pray that Poppy is reunited soon,,,,,sounds like you are getting close.....xx
- 2011-10-18 23:52 bazil
- Good luck, hope Poppy takes the bait and is home very soon with you xx
- 2011-10-18 23:24 funkydawgi
- Baby, it's cold outside, just hop in the nice trap & you'll be in the warm!!! said a little prayer & fingers are crossed she is home
- 2011-10-18 22:47 Sherlock Bones Police Liaison Co-ordinator
- Good luck, Jo... will be crossing all paws here for a good result x
- 2011-10-18 22:30 Jo
- Thanks everyone for your posts. I know that this can take some time and might not even work but as most of you know I am not one for giving up. Over to you Poppy.....
- 2011-10-18 21:54 Berties Family
- if you are getting a search together i could come over on Saturday as I have no plans x good luck with the trap
- 2011-10-18 21:09 Scrappy2010
- Come on Poppy. Home time. Fingers crossed for a result. x
- 2011-10-18 20:55 Jackie
- I have my fingers and toes crossed for you ... come on Poppy you love the T shirt now lets get in the trap... time to come home little one xxx
- 2011-10-18 20:47 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I knew something must be going on when I saw Poppy back at the top of the page!! Like a good many other I'm sure, I have been checking her page several times EVERY day hoping for a breakthrough. Come on Poppy - please go in the trap and give your family the early Christmas present they so deserve xxxxx
- 2011-10-18 20:18 Suziewoo
- I was thrilled when the other Poppy was caught in the trap & I will be even more thrilled if it traps a second Poppy! I so hope that you catch her safe & sound and that she is home with her family. After reading her story I won't trust my 2 dogs to any kennels other than their original rescue one. Everything crossed for you xxx
- 2011-10-18 19:43 Ruth
- Although I've not posted since shortly after Poppy went missing, I've been checking her page twice a day hopeful for news. You and the team have worked so hard that you deserve to get Poppy home. Here's hoping for good news next time I check back xx
- 2011-10-18 18:54 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- As always everything crossed.
- 2011-10-18 18:41 callypepps
- Praying Poppy finds the trap to get herself home where she belongs. Good luck jo, here when you need us xx
- 2011-10-18 18:31 jacks
- fingers crossed Jo, if you need help to man the trap just let me know, or if there is anything else i can do,please give me a ring
- 2011-10-18 18:14 Help for Hounds
- Lovely to meet you today Jo! Just read ALL the posts on this page and it sounds like you have a wonderful 'Team Poppy'! I really hope the trap works for you, just like it did for us and Poppy the Whippet and your little Poppy will be home soon? xx
- 2011-10-18 16:22 NickyJ
- Everything crossed for you Jo!
- 2011-10-18 16:21 BonBon
- Everything crossed here too.
- 2011-10-18 14:47 Bluetaco
- Everything crossed... c'mon Poppy, your nearly home!!! xxx
- 2011-10-18 14:27 Becky
- hi jo, claire and bex from AC vets here. Really hoping we get that phone call from you in the morning.Keeping everything crossed for you xx
- 2011-10-18 14:25 Shereen
- Goodluck!!! it would be lovely to see Poppy caught it would make my day!!,Fingers and paws crossed.XXX
- 2011-10-18 14:12 Angus - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Milton Keynes
- Jo is on her way to collect the trap - lets hope that Poppy's trap is a good omen x
- 2011-10-18 12:26 Jo
- A dog trap is going out!!!!
My t-shirt has now moved 3 times in the last week. This morning it had moved and it looked like circling on the ground where it was left. Dee at Doglost is locating a trap for us now. Fingers crossed everyone that Poppy is the one moving the t-shirt and that she will be home soon.
- 2011-10-18 10:35 Mal
- Follow this every day and do hope you get a sighting soon so you can bring your girl home; you have done so much and must stay positive, she is out there.
- 2011-10-17 19:28 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Sorry Jo nothing to report as I've been out and about at Tring today as well as Aston Clinton. Will be back there (Tring) early tomorrow morning though and will continue to keep an eye out.
- 2011-10-17 15:20 Jo
- No news today, nothing happening at the tent.
- 2011-10-17 09:02 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Out and about in Tring this morning and will keep eyes peeled.
- 2011-10-16 10:03 Jo
- No luck with the tent last night.
- 2011-10-15 22:45 Jo
- I have been following the other Poppy and I am so very pleased that she will now be going home. I must admit to feeling envious that it was not my Poppy, hopefully it will be soon. Poppy show yourself please, we need a sighting. Thanks to everyone for their continued support and to NIF229, the more people looking the more chance we have of getting her home.
- 2011-10-15 20:44 jacks
- Hi Jo, Jacks here i don't know if you have read the story of Poppy the whippet that has been found today she was caught in a trap but she to had been in kennels whilst the owner was abroad and she also escaped by the sounds of it the attitude of the kennels was the same as the one Poppy was in, we just need a sighting of poppy and we will be away i have'nt forgotten her i'm still looking though have'nt had a lot of time to come on here xx
- 2011-10-15 19:35 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo, just to let you know that although lots of other "things"! going on at the mo Poppy is not forgotten. I saw a lady runner looking at your poster today and noting down your number. I stopped and spoke to just in case she had seen her but she said she hadn't but was taking the number just in case she spotted her on her run through woods down into AC. So there are still lots of people out there looking for her. What I was going to say to you the other day that the dog I eventually took in (years before microchipping) had been straying for at least 18 months!
- 2011-10-15 13:40 Nif229
- Hi Jo. I was at Aston Clinton vets this morning and saw Poppy's poster. I am so upset that she's missing and can't even imagine what you and your family are going through. We have two cocker spaniels who may even know Poppy as from what I can gather she is also a regular at the kennels/groomers etc., I will post Poppy's poster to my facebook page and also put a poster outside our drive. We live on the Wendover Road in Aylesbury so hopefully lots of people will see it. Don't give up hope, if there's anything else we can do please let us know xxx
- 2011-10-15 11:41 Jo
- KCT, I know you are there for me if I need you! There have been 'hearings' so nothing as positive as a sighting. Posters need to be reviewed in Buckland, the road across from that leading to the top of the road with homesitters - I have not been down and checked these for a while.
No movement in the tent last night.
- 2011-10-14 19:52 King Charles triplets
- Sorry I have been no good to you this week, I will have the posters up tomorrow morning. I am confused (not difficult) has pops been seen again? And I will go up the woods at the crack of Dawn and put posters on the payment machines that's probably the best spot. Where else would you like me to put them for you? And I will get another 100 done as well , might as well go full force on them.
- 2011-10-14 17:45 Jo
- Missing 12 weeks today.
Poppy's bed is now in a garden in Aston Clinton - with carrots!
Wendover woods will only allow posters on the notice board and in the cafe.
- 2011-10-14 14:35 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Just had a British Gas engineer round to look at my boiler and we got to talking about dogs. He said he walks his staffie in Wendover Woods and he's promised to look out for Poppy. He said he hadn't noticed any posters though - anyone know if they are being blown away or taken down?
- 2011-10-13 20:09 Jo
- I have been and check the washing and the vacuumings. There is movement, vacuumings have been rummaged and t-shirt moved, not far but still moved, could be a fox or Poppy. The house where I have left the t-shirt has no cover and so I am putting Poppy's tent across the road tomorrow in a garden, I will scent to the tent. So please, if you are on this road at night drive carefully, assuming that she is not already crossing the road to wake up John and his family. Come on Poppy come home. Also today replaced posters Bierton area and Rowsham Road and the cafe on the way just past Cane End Lane.Last edited: 2011-10-13 20:11:02 by Jo
- 2011-10-13 19:10 Angus - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Milton Keynes
- I think that a number of owners have bought these cameras to monitor areas - i would suggest that the motion activated ones would be better otherwise you will have hour upon hour of footage to watch on a daily basis
- 2011-10-13 18:42 NickyJ
- No funkydawgi, I'm serious! Not just for spies, Wildlife IR cams start at about £50 and are quite common in peoples gardens these days, for bird watching, badgers etc! Really worth a try to get a confirmed sighting. Can also get motion activated ones etc. I got one set up for parents in a bird box and works great (all they need now are birds nesting there!)
- 2011-10-13 09:40 Alex
- Hi Jo, I spoke to you yesterday about Tracy (our missing puppy from Stoke Mandeville - 33409). Just to let you know I'm also keeping an eye out for Poppy on my travels. I saw your posters as I drove through Weston Turville last night too. Fingers crossed we hear some news soon!
- 2011-10-12 20:42 Jo
- Sue, Nicky, Funky - thank you all. Sue, I think that a one dog festival tent in your garden might be a good idea. I will see if there is any movement overnight in AC field and then give you a bell tomorrow. Rain does not help.
Please look on 33409, missing puppy, could have been stolen, J Russell x, Stoke Mandeville.
- 2011-10-12 20:29 funkydawgi
- I was all lonely on my owney on Aston Clinton park this eve!! ok not totally true but no dog walkers but did ask a lady if she had seen any pooches & sadly no.Then the rain came & I got the hell on outta there!!! well Poppy won't come out in the rain that's my excuse & I am sticking to it!!. We need to know a spy who has all these infra-red gadgets so we can borrow them!! sadly spies don't show themselves readily! :-)
- 2011-10-12 19:41 NickyJ
- Hi, I'm just checking on news from holiday so can't do anything practical right now, but if anyone's got an infra-red wildlife camera that could be set up somewhere near the house that has heard whinings at night, it might pick up something on camera?
- 2011-10-12 18:00 Jo
- Cavalier Spaniel Obsessive, thanks for your first post on Poppy's site. Don't get me started on animalsearchuk......Still waiting reply from my email of the 3rd Oct about the found Cocker(Scotland)and I have called them constantly to find out if this dog is Poppy, I have been told that I need to wait for a reply to my email - I wonder if there was ever a dog found. They have offered me posters at about £200 for 25. Search and rescue, I have heard costs about £1000 a day. Their first question when you call is 'Is your dog insured?'. I feel that they prey on vulnerable people.
Compare this to Doglost, I can call anytime and get free exceptional advice, the poster is here for us all to print, people can use Doglost to let me know what is happening, to ask me questions and call me directly. Doglost is a website run by dog lovers who volunteer and really want to reunite dog and owner. (Dismounting soapbox!)
- 2011-10-12 17:11 Sue
- Hi Jo, I am walking the area every day, with my golden cocker (also Poppy) As you know, I live opposite the house that has heard the whining. I have been at the window last thing at night and have got up in the night and stood at the open window a couple of times when I thought I heard something. Would it be an idea to put your tent/Poppys bed in my front garden. Would she be able to find her way to it ? You have my number if you think its worth a try.
- 2011-10-12 15:24 cavalier spaniel obsessive
can you get them to search for you with their professional rescue team?
- 2011-10-12 11:36 Jo
- Checked this morning and Poppy has not been to the house in Aston overnight.
- 2011-10-11 22:02 Jo
- Redd, Thank you - you are braver than me, I have not progressed to tripe and am still on pilchards. From what I am being told Poppy will not come to her name, only the scent of her pack, which is us - the family. We can not place a trap until there is a sighting. I have today placed an item of clothing at the side of the house in Aston and also vacuumings near, hoping the scent will bring her out. Lots of hoax 'blocked' calls tonight, we had a run of this a few weeks ago our telephone number is everywhere so to be expected but still very upsetting. It does sound although tonight it is the same group of kids each time, lets hope they have a huge phone bill for their trouble.
Sorry forgot to thank June for her call today and the massive amount of walking that she is doing in AC.Last edited: 2011-10-11 22:14:14 by Jo
- 2011-10-11 10:36 redd_angel
- Been in AC park and fields behind for the past couple of days, armed with a slip lead and tripe. I'll end up getting arrested, constantly calling "Poppyyyy" and whistling to myself. I hope so much that she'll be found soon.
Jo, do you think she would come to people if she was seen?
Could you possibly put a trap in those peoples garden?
- 2011-10-10 22:07 Jo
- I will pop up to the house tomorrow to see if I can leave some clothing and perhaps take some vacuumings that could go down at the edge of the field. This area was searched a couple of weeks ago on the night of the 21st by the dedicated Aston Clinton vet/kennel team who were there for hours, daytime and at dark, we also went up for a night search (rain stopped play!) I will contact the houses in the area again. Really need a sighting.
- 2011-10-10 21:37 funkydawgi
- Hey had mare of day & ran out of time to get to find Pops new digs but i do have hi viz & game for night stake out with head torch!! & I also think this needs further investigation. Barney & ozzies mum hope your pooch gets well soon!!
- 2011-10-10 19:35 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo
Might be worth asking down at the small factory units again to see if they've seen or heard anything. As soon as I can get this body of mine moving I'll be out again. Regards and as always good luck. Claire.Last edited: 2011-10-10 19:36:19 by ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- 2011-10-10 13:06 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Jo. Sorry I haven't posted for a while, but one of my dogs is very ill at the moment. Have you asked the householder you mentioned (that thought they heard the whining) if you could put Poppy's bed or an item of your clothing in their garden?
- 2011-10-10 11:47 MEG
- This is definately something that needs investigating, maybe we need to switch our searches to late evening or night time, it would be quieter then.... have head torch if anyone else is up for a night search either on foot or in the car,
- 2011-10-09 22:08 funkydawgi
- Greetings well now me thinks I'll do a walkabout over there tomorrow afternoon see if I can spot poppy's new digs?? let u know how I get on
- 2011-10-09 19:51 Jo
- Meg, Poppy was seen at the bottom of hill, this becomes Green Park as you go up and then further up the hill is Wendover Woods(not too sure if this is a good decription of the location).
Thanks to King Charles Trips for more posters, I have replaced the warn out ones and hopefully having a smattering of 'Still Missing' posters will keep interest up.
Whilst postering one of the householders who lives in Lower Icknield Way (last house - new build that is for sale, opposite no21) came out to say that last week in the night he thought he heard a dog whining outside, he had also heard this the week before, he thought that it was more a dog sound rather than a fox, he has just got a Cocker puppy and thought that is sounded about the same. His house is side on to the 'hearing' on 21st Sept. Could be a fox - could be Poppy?
- 2011-10-08 10:39 MEG
- So sorry Poppy isn't home just yet. I do not know A/C very well but always up for an early morning search and/ or run over that way if you could just point me in the right direction. Was she last seen Wendover woods end of A/C? You have my number anything I can help with please let me know.
- 2011-10-07 21:01 jacks
- i'm still looking Jo and still at the end of the phone i have'nt been on here for a couple of days so just catching up
- 2011-10-07 19:56 King Charles triplets
- Laminator etc ready for action on instruction here for you too jo. Was talking with dog owner friends today and hope that perhaps the cold weather will flush her out . Anything I can do to help you only have to ask x.
- 2011-10-07 14:56 Jo
- Missing and very much missed - 11 weeks today.
- 2011-10-06 10:26 Jo
- Just scented from home to the bottom of AC park.
- 2011-10-05 22:47 Jo
- Funky, I do not have any more info! My husband got to the park before 5 this morning for a search but did not have a sighting. I'll give you a call about the laminator.
- 2011-10-05 19:18 funkydawgi
- so that's positive but I guess you have no more info on sighting ie what time of day the walker saw her?. I have a fabulous laminator machine & pouches if you want it?? no charge!!! for updated posters!
- 2011-10-05 18:46 Jo
- On my way back from the skate park with the boys I see a black lab having a 'self-walk'. Luckily there were no cars behind me as I was stopped and out of the car in seconds. Jedd from AC vets was across the road keeping an eye on the dog as he had also seen it and yet not seen the owner. Poppys lead was attached and he was taken to AC vets who have now been able find his owner. He lives close to where he was found, builders had left the door open and he decided to have a parent free walk. Yet another surreal moment in the hunt for Poppy.
Sue - I have a changed poster to a 'STILL MISSING' I am ready to copy it and put them up.
- 2011-10-05 18:06 Sue
- Have you considered redesigning the posters a little. Maybe update them with a bit of latest news. Just something so people know we are all still looking and hoping Poppy is okay. I wonder if people may have seen the old posters for some time and are not looking as hard as they could.
- 2011-10-05 08:34 Jo
- I had a call late last night. The information that I was given is about 3rd hand. A dog walker is said to have seen Poppy in the corner of Aston Clinton park last week. This is the corner on the allotment side. This person told another walker, who then told a friend, it was the friend that called. Without talking to the person who saw the dog it is hard to tell if this was Poppy or not, or as other calls just people who had been discussing a previous sighting at the begining of Sept. However, I will start scenting to the approx. spot back to home, just in case it was her. Please if you do see her let me know asap, if someone tells you they have seen her please let me know and encourage them to call me.
- 2011-10-04 14:48 Jo
- For those of you who checked out Willow, good news, she is now home.
I am still waiting for a reply to the animalsearch email that I sent about the dog in Scotland. I have phoned animal search but they can not give me any information, I have to wait until the people who found the dog reply to my email.
- 2011-10-04 12:47 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Some people just shouldn't have dogs! (lets just hope they haven't any kids!!)
- 2011-10-03 22:23 funkydawgi
- what is wrong with people???
- 2011-10-03 14:40 Jo
- I got a call to say there was a sighting in Hockeridge Wood on the A416 off the Chesham roundabout. Abandoned the food shopping in the middle of the shop - sorry boys. I got to the woods and after a few hours found where this dog (spanielcross) lived. Dog was not there as it was having a 'self-walk'(owners words). After a lot of calling the dog returned and I am sure that this was the one seen by John who called. The owner did say that the dog always went off on her own for a walk. She also said that she was worried about the A416 (about 100 yrds from the sighting) but they had had the dog for a year and it had not got knocked down yet. Is anyone else a bit disturbed by this statement? So, if you drive between Berkhampsted an Ashley Green on the 416 be careful as there is a loose dog about, not just for the dog's sake but also your own as it is a very fast road with no room to avoid anything on the road.
- 2011-10-03 10:38 Jo
- Liz, I have left a message on animalseach but I think it only a slim chance that it could be Poppy.
Sarah -I have contacted the Bucks Herald to see if they can run a 10 week follow-up and as you suggested see if there are any 'new' dogs in the area.
Mark - thanks for your comments on Sunday. To have so many people on the look out for Poppy is magnificent.
- 2011-10-03 01:19 Missing Dogs UK
- Hi there's no pic, you may of already seen it, but black cocker spaniel found: http://www.animalsearchuk.co.uk/view_found_pet.php?petref=AFP41358
- 2011-10-02 22:12 Ellen
- Hi Jo.... Just wanted to let you know we are still spreading the word here at 4Beauty in Whitchurch. All my regulars are saddened to see that Poppy's poster is still on my Reception Desk. I'm interested to read Sarah's comment left earlier today on the forum, I've always thought that the most likely sinario is that someone has taken her in. I think her suggestion is a great idea. Keep the faith Jo, I look at the forum every day and hope there is good news!!! xx
- 2011-10-02 21:51 King Charles triplets
- We keep looking and praying she will return, checking on here every night to see if she has been found , if it's a sinking feeling for me to see the found section still blank I simply can't imaging what you are going through. Will keep looking x
- 2011-10-02 21:15 Sarah
- Have you wondered if a kindly person has found Poppy and, thinking she is a stray, has her at home with them. Would the local papers in the area she has been sighted in and was originally lost in, run the lost poster for you ? You could also appeal to neighbours who have noticed a black CSpaniel suddenly living next door? Just a thought. Hoping for good news very soon.
- 2011-10-02 19:43 Jo
- I had a dog search free day, I even left my 'Poppy' phone with my husband. Which he forgot to take with him when he went out! Refreshed and ready for a new day tomorrow, I will check over the posters that I have placed and make sure the majority are still up. I will pop into Charles Church - new houses in AC as the sales lady left a message as she needs an update for her customers. But.... what I really need is a new sighting so please keep looking - Thanks to everyone who has called this week. Also, I think that I need the weather to encourage Poppy to come home and the sunshine is just not doing it.
- 2011-10-01 18:13 Jo
- For those not registered (those registered on Doglost get an email - so great to register and help out owners in your area) please look at Willow 33138 Black Lab missing from Little Kimble, 30th Sept.
- 2011-10-01 17:46 Jo
- Redd-angel as requested.
SUMMARY OF CONFIRMED SIGHTINGS - The outside the Rothchilds Pub, Weston Road 1st Sept @ 4pm. Aston Clinton Park near the skate area 2nd Sept and that same evening on the road leading to Halton Brook Business Park @ 10pm.
Poppy will not now come to her name only to the smell of her pack ( the family) or food? ,or by a dog trap being put down to catch her. If you do see her please call me, gently and quietly call her name
( this might just work?). A sighting will be rare but possible, even if she is in the area as she will move during dusk and dawn. I am scenting from the house hoping that this will draw her home.
Thank you to everyone who has stuck with this for such a long time - hoping for good news soon!
- 2011-10-01 16:09 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I'd also be inclined to search areas that are near a water supply x
- 2011-10-01 16:08 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I don't think there's likely to be any sightings during the day whilst it is so hot - she's probably resting up somewhere nice and cool. Early morning and dusk are the most likely times to spot her at the moment - when it's a bit cooler x
- 2011-10-01 13:14 redd_angel
- There are so many replies here. Can someone please put a summary on here of the past few possitive sightings? It might make it easier for people to look out for Poppy in those specific areas.
- 2011-09-30 22:12 Jo
- Nickyj, hope you have a great holiday an on your return we have good news to share. Redd_angel thank you for your daily look in AC. I believe that the moment we have exhausted Mix96, they have announced each of the sightings. Many are aware that Poppy is missing, she just needs to show herself so she can be spotted. My eldest is back at the skate park in AC on a regular basis so hopefully if this was a draw for Poppy before it will be again.
- 2011-09-30 16:47 NickyJ
- Jo, I am now going to be away for three weeks, so I won't be able to respond if you're contacting people on your hot-line list (mobile number ending...6033) Obviously, I hope you'll find her very soon, but if she's not found by the time I'm back home then of course I will resume helping with the search and be on-call again!
Fingers crossed for you, good luck. Nicky
- 2011-09-30 14:45 redd_angel
- Hi Jo, we drive through AC several times daily and always look out for Poppy. I don't know if you've already done it, but would Mix96 be able to help? Hoping and praying you get little Poppy back very soon!
- 2011-09-29 20:48 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo
Have just come back from driving around Tring area and Aston Clinton. A thought occurred whilst driving around the many houses/roads but what about a leaflet drop through the Post Office on Poppy. Not sure what the cost of such a thing is but maybe worth thinking about especially if somebody has taken her in and is (don't know how!) they are unaware that she is lost in the area. I'm away for the weekend but will be back on Sun and will check to see how you've got on. Good luck.
- 2011-09-29 18:43 Jo
- I tracked down 5 of the local RAC drivers today and gave them leaflets. I thought that they might be great eyes as their hours are flexible and on the road. This week has had a record number of odd calls since the start of the search, 4.45am the earliest, this I think was a phone box. I don't mind honest 'odd' calls but this week I am not too sure the validity of some of them.
- 2011-09-29 08:22 Jo
- Jacks, I am so grateful for everything that you have done to find Poppy, I would have done the exact same thing had I seen a black dog running in front of my car and I also would have assumed that it was Poppy. You are on my phone for a sighting - hopefully need you very soon. Callypepps, thanks and thanks to your daughter. I intend to start scenting again in AC, at least now I feel that she could just could be outside our door one morning. So, although there has not been a sighting for nearly a month I do think that this situation is better than if she had been in Berko.
- 2011-09-28 23:26 jacks
- I'm convinced it has been Elvis all along that has been seen in berko, and not Poppy it's to close to where Elvis lives and he may not be so lucky next time, also i'm not sure if his owner would admit that he had been out more than once after talking to her. I don't blame you for being annoyed about it all either Jo i feel awful getting your hopes up like that but i called as soon as i saw him run in front of me which was just a glimpse and of cause it was dark, and i think it would be more lightly she would stay around aston clinton way as there are so many fields and open spaces you have my number Jo so you can call me any time night or day if you get a sighting and need someone there quick or if you need me to do anything i'm over in aylesbury on friday so will have a good look whilst there
- 2011-09-28 20:57 callypepps
- such an emotional roller coaster for you all Jo, we are still with you on this. My daughter has spent time also looking in aston clinton, just praying and hoping for that sighting of Poppy. Stay strong, you have so much support out there. x
- 2011-09-28 15:36 Jo
- Meg, thanks. I am quite annoyed at the whole situation, my children were with me when we got the call on Friday to say Poppy had been first seen and then found. I feel that owners should be more responsible and if had not been for Jacks, David and papps67 Elvis might not still be with us.
Moving on.... Aston Clinton is brimming with posters and I am having more done today, I do not think that there is anyone in Aston that does not know of the loss of Poppy. I popped into the vets in Tring today to give them posters and both the staff and the clients all know of Poppy, one came from Aston Abbots and said that she had seen the posters there (thanks to whomever put these up), another person from Buckland and she nearly knew more details than I did! Poppy was seen on the Weston Road outside the Rothschild pub and on the road leading to the Halton Brook Industrial Est.
- 2011-09-28 15:02 MEG
- I am absolutely gutted for you but I think you are right, I am sure that if this wwas Poppy running around there would have been more sightings of her in Berkhamsted. I don't know Aston Clinton but give me an area and i will go and look. Where was she seen last in Aston Clinton? Shall we do a massive poster drop in the area?
- 2011-09-28 11:21 Jo
- I have been in Berko today. I popped into Elvis's vets, Mum had not returned the calls. I also went to the road of the Friday sighting. Elvis does live very near, the side gate to his garden is not secure as it is a sheet of wood wedged in, with gaps around it. I feel 'fairly' confident that all of the Berko sighting were Elvis. The first was at the back of his house and the second only moments away and his caputure on Friday on the A41 was at the end of his road. I am therefore going to concentrate back in the Aston Clinton area. For those on the lookout in Berko, please keep looking for Poppy - just in case and someone might be able to save Elvis from the traffic should he get out again.
- 2011-09-27 23:02 MEG
- I went out early this morning in the car and ran this evening but visability was really poor so I couldn't see too much over fields etc. One thing that was amazing was the amount of people who use the train station, they come by car, bikes, foot and run down. These people do this trip twice a day so I think if we can target the railway station and surrounding areas in the next poster run this would be a plus for us.There is a sponsered dog walk in Ashridge on Sunday for the local Riding for the Disabled, all the dogs get doggy bags, I wonder if we could put some posters in the doggy bags? I know one of the organisers if your happy for me to contact them.Hopefully she will be back by then. Definately up for group search. Last edited: 2011-09-27 23:04:22 by MEG
- 2011-09-27 22:15 funkydawgi
- How do!! sadly nothing to report but I am with others if you want to do a search around the woods etc I know we don't know where to look & no doubt she is back in AC!!but could give it a go!!
- 2011-09-27 22:03 jacks
- i can't help thinking if maybe Elvis has got out before and no one has realised, because it was friday i found him, we so need a positive sighting that it's her because then we could flood that particular area
- 2011-09-27 13:09 Jo
- Waiting on confirmation that Poppy was seen on Friday 23rd Sept, Kingshill Way, Berkhampsted at 9.00am, running along the fence by the playing field - just waiting to find out from Elvis's Mum that he was elsewhere as I believe that this is where he lives.
I am still waiting, the lady from the vets does not come back until the morning so hopefully she will have contacted Elvis's Mum by then. I have also asked the person who saw the dog on Friday to give me a call ( message via relative) and if they can remember if they saw a tail. Hopefully more news to follow in the morning.Last edited: 2011-09-27 17:36:48 by Jo
- 2011-09-26 21:51 MEG
- Looked early morning and again this evening, think it would be a great idea to get a group of people out as she is probably travelling between her "safe areas" and we are just missing her. Am going out early morning so hopefully Poppy will show herself!
- 2011-09-26 21:25 Jo
- Jacks she could be anywhere in Berko, today I have seen so many areas that she could be hiding. We really need a second sighting in the area to try to pinpoint where she might be, we could then search and scent at the same time, leaving Poppy's now famous blue tent in the location.
- 2011-09-26 20:51 jacks
- i'm just wondering if maybe a group of us could get together and have a search round pancake woods and surrounding areas when it's dark what does everyone else think
- 2011-09-26 19:56 Jo
- Claire WT, I assume that the lost dogs were local to Weston Turville and were roaming? Please now use your skills to find Poppy!!!!!!!
- 2011-09-26 19:30 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- 2011-09-26 14:40 Jo
- No luck today. I have been over to Berko today more to concentrate on looking at the areas rather than just postering. There are so many places she could be, she could even be making her way back over here. I have also tried to get the Berkhampsted Gazette interested in her story - but still waiting on a reply. I think that today I have just hit 1000 miles of driving in my search to find her! Tomorrow I am going to try to have a search free day, this has now been going on for over 8 weeks and every day devoted to finding her, unless of course there is a sighting! So come on Poppy show yourself.
- 2011-09-26 10:20 Jo
- Thanks Meg, for all of your searching and yes I do needs local knowledge of the area. So your number would be appreciated.
Thanks to King Charles Trips, who put up some posters yesterday and spends most nights laminating new posters for me to collect the next day.
- 2011-09-26 10:12 MEG
- I run out from Hemel into Berkhamsted and surrounding areas and am quite familiar with the layout. Berko is kind of split into two bits with the high street going through the middle which has lots of places to eat so I am sure Poppy is feasting out here. There are a large number of short cuts, bridleways and footpaths that take you just out of the area but well within walking distant back so target any kind of rambling club, riding stables and dog walkers are they will know these area well. I received a great deal of help from horse riders when i lost Button, they have a great advantage of covering a great deal of distant and as they are high up they have a great view. As Poppy was last spotted in Kings road (area) I would target the riding stables and residential home (next to the riding stable) next to Ashlyns School as they have a great view and substantian grounds. This could also act as a cut though back across the A41bridge to the farms. I am going up to Ashlyns school tonight so will place some more posters out this way. If it is Ok with you I will text you my number if you want a chat or for me to show you some of the surrounding areas along from Kings Road. Last edited: 2011-09-26 10:13:53 by MEG
- 2011-09-25 14:30 Jo
- For those of you who are not registered on Doglost please look at id:32981 Poppy a whippet missing from Steeple Clayton.
- 2011-09-25 14:23 Jo
- Jacks, I have just got back from postering Pancake Woods, through the middle and also the road to the side and the road that links the two. I placed leaflets on all the parked cars. Ashlyns school also had some activity on the field, so left leaflets on every car. I travelled back via Wiggington and postered from Pancake woods to the Wiggington boarders. I left some leaflets for the staff at Champneys. Tracey, I too do not know my way around Berko so perhaps someone else can suggest where to walk.
- 2011-09-25 01:29 jacks
- does anyone on here walk in pancake woods down dennys lane because that would'nt be far from where she was seen in kings road and it's quite a vast area it's very popular with dog walkers
- 2011-09-24 21:55 MEG
- Printed some posters and have put them up from Potten End, down Ivy House Lane, Swing Gate Lane, Long Green Wood (Berko)and into Sugar Lane (Bourne End)this evening, I know that these are all used by dog walkers and runners so I really hope they do some good. Don't be dis heartened I lost my Beagle in Ashridge forest last year and we got her back. Always around to help look. I completely understand what you are going through and I really hope she is back very soon.Last edited: 2011-09-24 21:57:22 by MEG
- 2011-09-24 21:44 Tracey
- I am walking with a friend Monday afternoon. Coming from Aylesbury we are not familiar with the Berko area so if Poppy hasn't turned up by then is there anywhere particular that would be helpful for us to walk? Otherwise I'll check the map but it'll probably be the tow path from Tring towards Berkhamsted. Meanwhile I'll poster the fields from Bedgrove park towards Weston in the morning.
- 2011-09-24 21:13 Julie B
- Hi Jo, I have found it heartbreaking reading your thread tonight. I am distressed at the circumstamces as to how she went missing and am so sorry that she still hasnt been found. From what I have read - you have got a fab team of wonderful people up there helping you on your search and from the sightings there have been it is hopefully only a matter of time before Poppy is back home with you. I am right down on the South coast and too far away to help in your search but I am here to support you every step of the way. I know it must be very hard - but stay strong and focused and I believe that all of your efforts and patience will bring the result of Poppy being back home. Thinking of you all. Julie xx
- 2011-09-24 19:12 Jo
- Sarah, I am so pleased that you at ERS are on the Poppy search team. Thanks to David for his text about Poppy, he blocked the A41 last night in the rescue of Elvis.
I am constantly overwhelmed and humbled by the help and time that Poppy's team have dedicated and continue to dedicate to finding her. It is now over 8 weeks and seems such a long time from that call I got in America from the kennels to say that she had got out under the fence. Little did I know the rollercoaster that was to follow but I have met and continue to meet the most amazing people, how can we possibly not find her? So far a lost Doberman has been found (still not claimed) and now Elvis rescued from the nightmare of the A41. Third time lucky people!
- 2011-09-24 19:10 LornaTG
- Hi, Will put posters up at the kennels i run in Tring and speak to customers that come in that are from the area. hope she is home safe soon.
- 2011-09-24 18:21 Sarah
- Hi. We saw the poster in our schools newsletter, ERS Berkhamsted. This has a good coverage as pupils come from many districts. We have put up a poster in the schools entrance hall, very visible to everyone to comes in and out. We've also put up poster's in our area - Stanmore and Watford, as you never know who's passing by and where they are going. We will look out for Poppy on the school run, and at school time too.
- 2011-09-24 10:54 jacks
- nice to speak to you this morning Jo at least we know it was the first outing for Elvis we could really do with another sighting of Poppy so we know which direction she is heading, as long as i don't have to run as i could hardly move this morning my legs are killing me lol you have my number now Jo so give me a ring anytime you need help if there is a sighting or you need anything doing in the meantime i will keep searching oh and papps67 thankyou for calling me a lady lolLast edited: 2011-09-24 10:57:34 by jacks
- 2011-09-24 10:10 Jo
- I have tracked Elvis down this morning via his vets. I had a thought, in the very early hours of this morning, that he was the sighting on Wed and yesterday was not his first outing. I am being told that it could not have been him on Wed. So the search in Berko continues for Poppy.
- 2011-09-23 23:53 papps67
- Hi Jacks,Angus and team. I actually live in Abbots Langley but my son goes to the Football training at Ashlyns school on Fridays. I nearly had a heart attack too, being a dog lover i just wanted to catch him glad a happy ending for some. let's hope we can spot Poppy xx nite all
- 2011-09-23 23:48 funkydawgi
- well now the flyer fairy has been v v busy in Berko, everywhere I went s/he had been, frickin no flies on u ole speedy :-). Glad your on team Poppy!!. So let us not get disenchanted & carry on our search for Poppy. Couple of customers have put her on their facebook pages so more people are going to know about Poppy in Berko. Dropped off flyers to my mates petshop so again more eyes out looking for her. Anyone got anymore suggestions on where to look or what to do?
- 2011-09-23 22:27 jacks
- i'm so sorry Jo for giving you false hopes, but i had called angus when i got the sighting of her or what i thought was her so the hunt is still on for Poppy and many thanks to papps67 for catching her i thought i was going to have a heart attack running down the road, and yes it was me that took the dog from you everything happened so quick i should have introduced myself sorry but great you are going to keep a look out for Poppy aswell and great that Elvis has been reunited with a very worried and upset owner and it was a gold collar and the tag had actually come off because his owner said her phone number was on it but it had gone and papps67 what area do you live in just in case, so come on Poppy show yourself so we can get you home pronto
- 2011-09-23 21:29 Jo
- Oh well, for a just a brief moment the nightmare was over.
Massive thanks to Jacks and the Dog Lost team, it could have been Poppy. We got to Jacks as fast as we could but by then knew that it wasn't Poppy as the dog had a tail. We had been with Jacks for about 10 minutes when his Mum turned up and said that he had escaped from the garden about 30mins before, his tail was very pleased to see her. I had also hoped that this had been the dog of from the sighting on wed and that could mean Poppy was still this way and could pop home any minute.
So, Poppy is still out there somewhere and tonight was just not our time to come back together. papps67 perhaps you can be there to catch Poppy next time she shows herself as you seem to have a skill for it.Last edited: 2011-09-23 21:32:32 by Jo
- 2011-09-23 21:26 papps67
- That's good news for Elvis, im really pleased i will keep a look out for Poppy
- 2011-09-23 21:19 Angus - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Milton Keynes
- LOL posting at the same time - I am sure that Jacks has a microchip scanner and would have been able to get owners details from Petlog
- 2011-09-23 21:17 papps67
- ok lets hope the dog is reunited i am so worried that i have done the right thing . It doesnt look like poppy though had curly hair. not sure where else to post the info had pink coller on so poss female at least i saved her from all the cars bless her Last edited: 2011-09-23 21:20:36 by papps67
- 2011-09-23 21:15 Angus - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Milton Keynes
- Thanks again papps67, you were spot on with your breeds - sadly not Poppy but a cockerpoo called Elvis who had been missing for about 30 minutes who is now safely home with his owners. Poppys owners are having a real rollercoaster ride emotionally but she is still out there and possibly still in the area so please continue to look out for her xx
- 2011-09-23 21:05 Angus - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Milton Keynes
- Thanks for registering papp67 - I am hoping this was helper jacks as this was about the time she called me to alert owners - waiting for an update now.
- 2011-09-23 20:49 papps67
- Coming from Ashlyns school. Saw black dog at chesham turning heading towards motorway believe it was a cockapoo not a cocker spanial had pink coller on around 8.00pm today I had hold of the dog no name tag, Lady came running down the road said it was a lost dog called poppy and it was from Aylesbury area and she took the dog from me Last edited: 2011-09-23 20:51:47 by papps67
- 2011-09-23 20:13 Angus - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Milton Keynes
- Possible sighting of Poppy in last few minutes from helper Jacks by the Chesham turning heading towards the new bypass - have spoken to owners who are contacting Jacks as we speak
- 2011-09-23 19:24 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo
Did you make contact with Three Counties Radio Station (not sure of Tel No though) also again, not sure but is there a local Post Office delivery depot, if so they put posters up in their Staff Rooms for local postmen to keep a lookout. Our one at Business Triangle were asking me today if Poppy has been found yet and they have said they will continue to keep a lookout. Am free tomorrow afternoon if you need a hand or want me to walk any specific area with Remy if it helps.
- 2011-09-23 14:43 Jo
- I have been out and about today. I went to Solgar on the business park on the road into Cowroast and left some posters - they back onto the canal. In Northchurch, I placed posters by the dog bin, on the walks, gave some to the kindergarden for the parents to view, on the village notice boards, trees. I gave few to Gossoms End Surgery on the way into Berko. The garden centre in the town have one displayed in the window. Placed some around the Waitrose carpark and gave one in for the staff room. All the flower shops (out and about on deliveries) and the flower seller on the high street. All of the Estate Agents have copies as do all of the Charity Shops (there are a lot of both!). I have placed posters on some of the town trees, the civic centre and also the town hall. I have postered the road behind Kings Road and given leaflets to who ever I have seen, the Doctors surgery too - but that will be for staff only, I have postered the road that then links to the A41. I have placed posters on all of the A41 roundabout road junction. I have a few on the cemertary road. I have postered some of the walkways and also up by Ashlyns School and the top end of the estate behind. I still need to do in the direction of Wiggington, just in case Poppy is going in a straight line. Thanks for today everyone.
I really do feel that Poppy is using the Canal, she would have found this weeks ago on her way to Aston Clinton from Bierton. I will spend time walking it over the weekend, perhaps a little too far to scent though.Last edited: 2011-09-23 15:47:13 by Jo
- 2011-09-23 10:24 MEG
- Will be running out early in the morning with the Beagles around Sugar Lane and at the back of Ashlyns school area, will put posters up along the way. There is generally a lot of sporting events on at Ashlyns and people tend to drop the kids off and then park up and walk the dogs outside of the school. Try putting posters at the school. Hope Poppy come home soon. X
- 2011-09-23 08:26 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo
If you need a hand give me a call on mobile. You have the number.
- 2011-09-22 23:15 bazil
- Is Poppy forming a triangle with the sightings. If yes keep looking within this triangle and on the routes to her 3 points. Lost dogs tend to form a triangle when lost (you probs already know this) keep checking any churchyards, cemetary's and allotments in the area, remember Poppy is in survival mode now and her senses will be super strong. She will be finding food and water to survive and have various dens to lay low in. Praying she is found soon xx
- 2011-09-22 22:07 Tracey
- Just wanted to let you know I am checking every day to see if there is any news on Poppy. Lets hope that this sighting in Berkhamsted results in her coming home. I am sorry that what I thought may have been a sighting of her on 6th September did not come to anything. I will text you my number in case you need help with a search at any time. I live near to Bedgrove park; I can get some posters up over here in the next day or so including the fields that link up to the golf course.
- 2011-09-22 21:21 Jo
- My goodness thank you all so so much. I have been quite useless today, also had to do a school tour this evening and only just got back. I have picked up a mass of laminated posters and also leaflets so I will hit the streets tomorrow, but by the sound of it you have all made me redundant. Again many thanks - I can't believe how lucky I am to have you all searching for Poppy.
- 2011-09-22 20:21 Anne
- Just got back from collecting Darron in Hemel. Sadly no sighting of Poppy but he spoke to dozens of people along the canal and put up posters so lots more people are aware of the search for her. We need to go back and poster Hemel Station and the Fishery Restaurant. Darron will need a few days of sitting on a cushion before getting back in the saddle again!
- 2011-09-22 18:15 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo
I think it is Three Counties Radio in that part of world and it goes a little further. They might be a good radio station to contact as well as Mix 96. Onceagain good luck. Let me know if you need an extra pair of eyes. Regards
- 2011-09-22 17:24 Anne
- At this moment Darron is in Berko searching. He and Jedd cycled the tow path from Buckland putting up posters and talking to people. Jedd had to leave the search at Tring Station for another committment but Darron has carried on despite being held up by a puncture at Cow Roast. He has met Becky in Berko and they are going to check out the field and allottments by the school on Kings Road and put up some more posters there and at Berk Station, then he is planning to cycle on down the tow path towards Hemel. I'm going to pick him up in Hemel after work as it's too much to expect for him to cycle back too! I've also emailed the London Angling Society who control the fishing licences along these stretches of canal to see if there is any way we can contact local fishermen to keep an eye out for Poppy - they are often out early morning or late at night when she might be moving around. The more people that know about her, the more chance of her sightings being reported.
- 2011-09-22 13:37 Becky
- walked along the canal this morning and also up b the school. Had a look at the cemetery at the top of kings road as there is a thick dense woods which thought might make a good hiding place. Spoke to guy who lives at the cemetery and he will keep an eye out for Poppy.
- 2011-09-22 12:49 funkydawgi
- postered from wendover to weston turville along the canal this morning as did'nt see any down there, might of been blown away!. Spoke to lots of walkers/runners (some alittle odd!) & they are all keeping eyes peeled, let my friend know one of the petshops in berko so she is telling everyone about possible sighting, calling customers as I have in that area 2!
- 2011-09-22 11:12 Jo
- Thanks to everyone helping in Berko. I am in a bit of a state today, so I am working the Poppy phone and emails from home. A few of the schools have already come back and said that they will put Poppy in the school newsletter. I am writng on the posters about the new sighting and will go into Berko in the morning to do my usual. As she is in a new county all of the street cleaners, refuse etc all need to be informed again. Whilst I thought she was in AC I was hoping that one day I would wake up and she would be at the door, this sighting has made coping a bit harder, but at least it is a sighting.
- 2011-09-22 10:53 Jackie Anne
- Did a really early morning walk round Berkhamsted this morning and along the tow path towards Norhchurch. Saw a few dog walkers and handed them posters. Saw your poster on lamp post in Kings Road. I was too early for "Frank" the flower man who has van parked out side the Fitness centre next door to "Smiths" in high street. He is the ears and eyes of Berkhamsted and so is "Chris" a lovely man who cleans the streets with a machine. So if you get the opportunity do approach them. If I can help in any way please contact. I know the area well as I used to have a shop in the High street. My heart goes out to you and Poppy and all those other missing dogs. Jackie
- 2011-09-22 10:39 Becky
- Hi Jo, I live in Berkhamsted so will start walking around local fields. will go out today and have a look. (Becky form the vets)
- 2011-09-22 10:12 Silent Paws - Area Volunteer, Essex
- I have just set up a doglost Hertfordshire page on Facebook for all missing and stolen hertfordshire dogs.
I have added poppy to the page.
Last edited: 2011-09-22 11:59:32 by Silent Paws - Area Volunteer, Essex
- 2011-09-22 10:02 Jo
- I have asked Mix96 to put out that Poppy might now be in Berkhampsted.
- 2011-09-21 21:38 jacks
- I'm a dog walker and i work in the areas of hemel berko tring cow roast all these areas so i will also have a good search and look out tomorrow
- 2011-09-21 21:31 Jo
- Callypepps, at the moment I have no clue what to do tomorrow or how to approach my new urban sighting. After some sleep I will hopefully have formulated a plan. I do need to go to work and be on site for 1 hour - I am so thankful for flexible working. Then I guess back to the walking, talking and postering. Thanks to Jackie Anne and Claire.
- 2011-09-21 21:00 Jackie Anne
- Fingers and and toes crossed it was her in Berkhamsted. I live a few miles away so I will get up early tomorrow before the traffic wardens are about and take a walk around. Thought I would start with Butts meadow which is next to the school and take and walk through the other fields. She might be hanging around the pubs on the high street looking for food. I will check out the Crown, and Kings Arms. I will also walk down to the canal where there is another little park. I lost a dog once and he was found walking along the canal tow path. Any other suggestions let me know.
- 2011-09-21 20:16 Jo
- I have just emailed every school in the Berkhampsted area hoping that they will include Poppy in their newsletter to help me spread the word, hopefully they will also pop a poster on the school gate. Also sent details to some of the businesses. I feel like I am starting the whole search process all over again.
- 2011-09-21 19:56 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Phoned friends who are going to keep a lookout. Good luck.
- 2011-09-21 19:53 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Got 2 friends(one lives on Canal Boat) who live in Berko and one already has a poster in her car. Will get in touch with them to keep a lookout.
- 2011-09-21 19:02 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Poster e mailed to HP 4 and surrounding postcodes....paws crossed...we never give up on doglost...
- 2011-09-21 18:37 callypepps
- let me know if you need any help tomorrow jo, i am around if you need me, and can drop everything to be with you if u
need extra backup.
- 2011-09-21 17:34 Jo
- POSSIBLE SIGHTING TODAY IN BERKHAMPSTED - 11.00am. This was on Kings Road opposite the Collegiate. Having spoken at length to the person who saw the dog it does seem as if it could be Poppy - this is just over 7 miles from the last sighting 2 weeks ago, so possible. I have been to the area today and put posters along the road and also in the park opposite the sighting. I have put leaflets in all of the houses, flats and businesses that lead from the sighting down to the High Street shops area. I have placed leaflets in some of the shops and I hope that some will put her poster up. I have spoken to the Dog Warden, Police and the local vets (including poster). On my way back to WT I stopped at Cowroast and gave leaflets + posters to all the businesses, BMW, Marina, Pub and car dealership on the off chance that she is using the canal to go back and forth. I have spoken to the Berkhampsted Gazette in a hope that they will run the story to get the publicity that she needs. Goodness ... what a day!
- 2011-09-21 09:55 Jo
- I have just put up about 30 posters in the area of Buckland Road, also talked to everyone I saw, some I had met on previous outings. I went to Homesitters and the offices at the back and asked them to keep an eye out for Poppy in case she is using the canal as her route. Heard today that the Dog Watch email was sent by Thames Valley Police to about 200 email addresses - thanks Kim. Posters seem to be popping up everywhere in great numbers, quite a few on Weston Road (!), thanks King Charles Trip.
- 2011-09-20 22:37 Jo
- No, but you can have a prize when you drop Poppy off. You have already had a great night out standing in a field, surely that's enough.
- 2011-09-20 22:11 funkydawgi
- ps do I win a prize for being the 300th posting on this page?....No.....! what's that you say?? :-) gotta lighten the mood somehow!!
- 2011-09-20 22:08 funkydawgi
- Hey Jo please, plesae don't go down that road of "I feel I should be doing more" your doing an absolutely sterling job in finding your girl, look at all the posts just on this site alone!!!.You have found some fabulous people thro walking, postering web site etc & ok stopping short of hiring your own private helicopter what more can you do?? :-). So keep positive & we are ALL still looking for her. I don't mind being called "just" for a hearing my phone is on, torch in the car might have bedhead hair but I'll be there
- 2011-09-20 20:54 Jo
- No sightings tonight to report. Waited until dark to go looking near Buckland Road, by then the rain had started - everytime the rain starts she will be back in her bolt hole.
Huge thank you to Aston Clinton Vets; Darron, Jedd and Claire all out looking and I think that they had been out since 5.30pm and covered a huge area. Puts our hour tonight to shame. Also thanks to Claire WT who was also out and about tonight in the rain. Suzanne I hope it is just a matter of time, the sooner the better.
Throughout all of this I/we have met the most amazing people - Néá'eshe
(Cheyenne Indian for thank you, just thought I would spice it up a bit as 'thank you' seems very inadequate!)
- 2011-09-20 20:01 suzanne
- Hi Jo I just wanted to let you know that we are still out looking for poppy over this side of town, have been out and about in Aston clinton and surrounding villages as well over past couple of weeks. I am so disappointed (as I am sure we all are) that she has not yet returned home, but with so much support and so many people out looking we all know that it is just a matter of time.
I will keep looking out and about and keep checking back here - I am sure there will be some good news soon.
- 2011-09-20 18:36 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Good Luck. I have put a poster up at Jansel Sq and put one in my Vets at Elm Farm, along with others that I have put up. Let me know if you need a hand. Happy to help. Have walked local fields in recent days and driven around.
- 2011-09-20 11:04 Jo
- Just got back from a possible 'hearing' of Poppy. This was on the Buckland Road in the hedgerow just past the front of the terrace/cottages. Buckland Road being the road off the London Road in Aston Clinton at the crossroads, turn right into Buckland Road not left into Buckland Village. The lady said that she heard a wimpering but by the time she got to it the sound had gone. I did not call the team out as I could not confirm that it was Poppy. I have put a leaflet through every house that backs onto the field of the hedgerow and if the person was in I have asked them to hang out of their windows tonight to see if they can spot her. I will go up again tonight to talk to anyone that I might have missed.
Just to let you know that Poppy will now be very scared and will NOT come to her name being called out, she will run in the opposite direction. She might come to a very quiet calm coaxing. Thanks to Darron and Jedd who were ready to search as they had heard on the Poppy grapevine that there might have been a sighting. However this is not a confirmed anything and she could be at the other end of the village or the other side of Aylesbury.
- 2011-09-20 08:03 Jo
- Funky,I got your text thank you. CBC - I am glad that you are aware because of the posters, an extra pair of eyes is always very welcome. Nicky, I am really grateful for the postering that you are doing. I am hoping that we have another sighting soon - the 'no news' is very hard, I feel that I should be doing more but I don't know what to do. King Charles Trips, some days I think that you are doing more to find Poppy than me, so, massive thank you.
(Please let me have your contact numbers if you have not already -ref previous post - this is if you want to join the search team if there is a sighting).
- 2011-09-19 22:18 NickyJ
- I'm still checking and replacing posters over here in HP19, and still walking out to different places to look for her. I wonder if now the nights are drawing in there is the possibility of a sighting as people are out and about in the dark more?
Really need some night vision binoculars.
Glad she's now on Dogwatch as that goes out to lots of landowners, farms and horsey people.
- 2011-09-19 16:29 CBC-Dog Warden
- I'm sorry to see that poppy is still missing. I am the dog warden for central beds and cover the south side. I have seen your posters up around the local areas. If I am able to be of assistance in any way in helping you to reunite poppy back with you, please do not hesitate to contact me. I also live just outside of aylesbury nr weedon. I wish you all the luck in finding poppy.
- 2011-09-19 13:11 Jo
- Yesterday I put up / replaced posters. I was also told about Animal Search UK which also sends emails to the local people registered on their search site, Poppy is now on and everyone has been emailed. Really it is now up to Poppy to show herself and for me to let people know that I have not given up.
- 2011-09-19 09:09 funkydawgi
- I is back & will resume searching straight away!!!
- 2011-09-18 11:39 Jo
- I had a call today from Thames Valley Police and they have seen the posters and are going to put Poppy on their Dog Watch Alert this has email circulation of a large area and will spread the word further. Fingers crossed - again.
- 2011-09-17 17:18 Jo
- King Charles Trips, popped up to see you a few times, give me a buzz so that I can re-store your number.
- 2011-09-17 12:52 Jo
- Claire, thank you.
Poppy's bed has been bought home today. I have spent the morning chasing down a false lead. I had been told this morning that someone down a road in WT had seen a cocker without an owner. I eventually got to the bottom of it and it was a visiting dog ( 3 weeks ago) who likes to sit watching cars from the shadows of a gate. The person who saw this dog did know that Poppy was missing and had seen the posters but was unsure about ringing me. This is why it is important to speak to people and get them peronally involved rather than just putting up posters. Onwards... to the next sighting.
- 2011-09-17 09:17 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Also I'm up at the Church today from 12.30 (helping out at Church Fete for a short while) and will poster tree and back gate that lads thro' the fields for you.
- 2011-09-17 09:16 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo
Did Iain Rennie (Three Peaks Challenge Event (Sunday) get back to you. If not let me soonest (even by text) if they haven't as I know the field that the estimated 300+ walkers will stop to eat/drink and I will poster the gate!
- 2011-09-16 23:56 Ellen
- Hey Jo.... Still very much part of the search team. Poppy is talked about in the salon for most of the day due to the updated poster you sent me that is placed in the middle of my Reception Desk. What an amazing bunch of people you have collected on your search travels, I still log on several times a day to read the updates and pray there is something hopeful being reported. Good idea to contact Ron Miller, i know of him and he's got a fair amount of land and outbuildings, a good guy to have on the case. Keep positive Jo, your little girl is out there somewhere and when it's time she'll make her way home.... Just want that to be sooner rather than later.
- 2011-09-16 22:37 Jo
- Claire, thank you, I can't believe how busy you have been today. Jackie Anne thanks, it is always good to know where our postering gaps are. I am due to get my hands on some laminated posters tomorrow so I will pop one near the church. But as we are all finding nothing beats talking to people. Those that hear Poppy's story from an actual person are much more
likely to get involved in her search than if they had just read a poster. This is why I spend my time walking and talking for much of my day, so I really appreciate every person that you all talk to, it means that we could be one step closer to finding Poppy, the person that you talk to might just know someone who has seen her. Don't forget to let me have your tel.
numbers ref my previous post. Massive thanks for all of your support.Last edited: 2011-09-16 22:49:57 by Jo
- 2011-09-16 21:57 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo
Spoke a farmer friend of mine this evening by the name of Ron Miller (Miller Daries) I told him about Poppy and was upset to learn of her disappearance so much so that he is sending out his farm manager tomorrow to search all of his fields. He owns a fair few on the left hand side of the A41 (going into Aylsbury). Will also ask a few other farmers that he knows if they have had any sightings. Nice to have met you Jackie Anne today.
- 2011-09-16 21:18 Jackie Anne
- Spoke to Claire outside Chequers in Weston Turville and then wandered up to church. Lady helper in church said she was unaware of any lost dog so I gave her a poster, she said she lived in Bedgrove. Tree outside church had various posters but didn't see one for Poppy.
- 2011-09-16 18:41 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo
No problem. Went out as far as Wing today and the #Truckers Layby I thought now thats a good place to poster but he already had one. Good bloke he was still asking Truckers when I got there if they had seen Poppy. I have filled him in that she is still missing.
- 2011-09-16 17:17 Jo
- HELP my phone has had a fit today and as a consequence it has lost all of the telephone contacts for you all. Please please if you were on my dog hunting list text me on 07852 819132 and I can pick up your number from that, don't forget to just pop your name on the text so I can store it.
Anne and Darron, Ellen, Claire and Becky T, I had yours on email or paper as well so you are the team at the moment.
- 2011-09-16 08:40 Jo
- Missing 7 weeks today.
- 2011-09-16 06:39 Jackie Anne
- The sightings you've had are really encouraging and seem to fit Poppy's description and are in the right area. I do know that when looking for Judy's boy Teddy that well intentioned people were seeing Teddy in the most unlikely places and he would have had to have wings to cover such a distance. My duaghter's dog whilst she was in france went missing. She searched and searched and put up posters but did not get much support from the locals and the area she was in had many forests. After two about two months, one Saturday morning a scratching at her door and there was her precious dog Saffie. I am sure your clever Poppy is tracking her way home, keeping a low profile, just intent and focused on getting home. My thoughts are with you, Poppy and the dedicated task force from Dog Lost who are helping and supporting you in your search, I would just like to say hello to "Angus" who I met last week at Appledown. Besides looking out for Poppy I will say a prayer to St. Anthony.
- 2011-09-15 22:44 King Charles triplets
- Jo, just did a quick trot with my Megga torch and 3 torch carriers down the Halton brook road only to find my 3 dogs doing their nut at a parked car . like a prize idiot I aimed my Megga torch in the window. Needless to say I won't be doing that again as I was called a pervert and a few other undesirable character assinations ! Anyway I stuck a poppy poster to their back window.
- 2011-09-15 19:57 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo
Thanks for posters and busy doing my rounds with them and will think of a few more places tomorrow. Have dropped two off at Chiltern View Nursery, one is on the wall behind the payment desk and other pinned on the boarding by the trollies. Posted a few more on various telegraph poles along the Wendover Road and one on the gate of Reservoir. The Chequers Inn has very kindly put one up within their porch as we thought that we could catch a few more people who come from surrounding villages. Gave one to the Post Office Sorting Office at Business Triangle Park and that should alert a few more postmen. Out and about with Remy more tomorrow with the other posters. Did the local fields that back onto the Rugby Club today. Keep positive but with no sightings it does make me think that someone may have taken her in thinking she is just a stray!
- 2011-09-15 18:55 funkydawgi
- taxi for funky!!! ha ha who needs cars anyway!!!.Glad you are retaining your sense of humour Jo, think we missed an opportunity there thou! you should of done a drive by launching pilchard filled tights at me I would not of minded!!!. Just read about a cat who went missing fro Colorado 5 YEARS ago & she has been found alive & well in New York! ok we sooo don't want to wait that long & I know we have no new sightings but I am ever hopeful!. So I am out of action this weekend but will be back ready for action mon. So everyone good luck & lets get Poppy back for Jo & her family :-)
- 2011-09-15 14:34 Jo
- Funky I offered to pick you up - but actually I should have just dropped off a pair of tights and some pilchards and you could have scented for me on your way home! You are a star and I appreciate your dedication. As far as Poppy coming home in 5 months, I think that enough is enough now, but yes it is positive and Cockers can self support so I have no control we just have to wait. Claire I dropped posters to you at about 10 hope you have got them.
- 2011-09-15 11:43 funkydawgi
- Ok went all round the park again this morning still nothing to report but I did give out a substantial amount of flyers for people to put in car & collected my car!!!. will try again later. Spoke to park warden who seems to think when the weather changes she'll be home as he knew of a dog that went missing for 5 months & then she made up her mind that enough was enough & went home!! I see that as a positive :-)
- 2011-09-15 09:21 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo, I await the posters. As a thought and I know you have done a splendid job so far with the posters you have had printed off, but how about a new type of poster such as the other one photo (Extra Image) with different wording such as "if you have found me I'm trying to get home to my Mum and family who desparately want me back. Please contact my Mum and tell her that I am waiting for her so I can go home where I belong". You might choose to do this thro' the Dog Warden or local Police Station which would save a lot of hoax phone calls. It might just tug at someones conscience or even heartstrings! You could still add that she was lost from Bierton etc. Its a thought.
- 2011-09-15 00:14 funkydawgi
- Ok people never ever listen to people who say & I quote "oh no we don't lock the gates at night" as it's an out & out lie!! So my car is staying out for the night :-( & tai & I had a long walk home :-( all that & still no Poppy :-(. So if you get the urge to do a nightly stake out, don't leave your mode of transport in the car park!!! & I bloody forgot my Galaxy counters! doh!. So will be back out to AC in the morn for a shifty & collection of said car!. Oh what fun I have!
- 2011-09-14 21:43 Jo
- Claire, I will deliver some posters tomorrow, I saw you walking again - thanks. All of the local Aylesbury dogs must be taking it in turns to hide Poppy somewhere, knowing that with her missing the walks are better than usual. Callypepps, great to see that you are not in moderation(?) Please just replace the scruff ones, keeping them fresh means people know we are still looking. Funky what can I say, it would be great if you could spot her this evening, we could have a night out waiting with our pilchards and come home with a scruffy dog. Emotionally, in a way, it would be easier to give up but she deserves me to do everyting I can to find her.
- 2011-09-14 20:22 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Barney & Ozzie's Mum, I have a contact up at the Travellers Site in WT and tips me off when various dogs come into the Site. I notify the RSPCA and they usually end up being taken off by them. However, Poppy is not there I am certain, believe it was the first place I asked. There is actually one decent bloke up there who looks after his dog and occasionally I pick him up and take him to his training classes as he is trying to get a job working with computers. He helps me I help him - simple. Chiltern View Nursery is not the same as Wyvale (for a start its a lot lot cheaper!!!) and I know them all very well. Have done some local fields this evening but no joy I'm sorry to say. Will keep looking though.
- 2011-09-14 19:54 callypepps
- ive printed off another lot of posters too jo, is there anywhere particular you want me to put them, if not i will make sure that all exisiting ones this way are still intact, and put the others where i dont see any. x
- 2011-09-14 19:51 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Just a thought - as I approached WT and AC from Stoke Mandeville direction last weekend I thought I saw a travellers site on the right hand side? Have you put posters up this far down "just incase" ?
- 2011-09-14 19:46 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Claire - is Chiltern View Nursery the same as Worlds End? If not, that would be a good place to poster too. It's really heart warming to see all the support Jo and her family are getting from you guys. Come on Poppy, want to see you home before I go away on Saturday xLast edited: 2011-09-14 19:47:42 by Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- 2011-09-14 19:25 funkydawgi
- Thanks Jo for posters, went up Coombe Hill to put poster on cars up there as hopefully people might change to walking round here for a while!! extra eyes & all that, tis worth a try!!. Am going over to Park & Brook etc to do stake out tonight see if i can't flush her out with my galaxy counters!!!. Jo your amazing for not giving up on your little girl, hang on in there :-).
- 2011-09-14 17:35 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo,another good place for a poster is Chiltern View Nursery (Wendover Rd) lots of people go up there and 100% sure Dane won't mind displaying a poster for you. She's a dog lover too. If you want you can put a few posters thro my door (I can take to Chiltern View if you would prefer they know me very well) and I can pass around and spread the net a bit wider. I live at 13 Middle Field. Will go out again later on this evening with Remy.
- 2011-09-14 15:59 Jo
- Funky, have popped some post in your door, let me know if you need more.
I have put up some posters and spoken to the customers at the pet store and handed out my telephone numbers, again - the staff are great as they are used to seeing me. I can not bring her tent back today - perhaps tomorrow.
Massive thanks to Wendover news who have put Poppy on their page.
Yet again I am overwhelmed by everyone's support - Many thanks.
Poppy, I am at a loss what to do next, just come home.
- 2011-09-13 21:44 funkydawgi
- got back from walking the farmers fields & sadly nothing, spoke to several people & they knew about Poppy's plight & she is still very much in peoples minds as they walk, which is fantastic!. Jo any chance you could drop me some flyers round as my prehistoric printer really should of gone out with the ark!!
- 2011-09-13 19:34 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo, Bob and I + Remy walked around AC Park today. Near the Skate board and turn to the left towards the woods there is an old bunker with the a door having negotiated th steps. Not sure if you've been in there but would need a torch even in daylight. I didn't negotiate steps and Bob had gone off in another direction - typical man never there whe you need them!. Also we've just come thro Halton village and although not driving fast I'm afraid I didn't see any posters - might they have blown away or I was'nt looking in the right place(s). Would be good for a few more posters up there. The residents at Halton Village don't have access to the RAF police website I'm afraid. Will try local fields tomorrow afternoon with Remy. Stay positive.
- 2011-09-13 18:59 Becky Taylor
- Hi, hubby walked around Gib Lane area today with treats but unfortunately no sighting. We shall be keeping eyes peeled whilst walking and driving in the area. Will try Hulcott and surrounding area on Thursday. Will send you a text with my number.
- 2011-09-13 16:55 Jo
- Tomorrow I am bringing Poppy's tent home. I will put more posters up tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed for a sighting. Might also drag some pilchards through Aston Clinton - again!
Just to let you know the Doberman we found on Friday has not been claimed and is still in the dog warden kennels - perhaps dumped at the back of the pub? So sad.
- 2011-09-13 15:49 funkydawgi
- Come on KC Triplets thats the attitude!!!.I am gonna hire a helicopter for the day, seen it done in Oz them herding the cattle back home lets see if I herd poppy homeward bound! yeeeeha!. Right on a serious note I am going back to AC park shortly. I don't know what to do for the best either wait & do a stake out in the eve or walk about in the day? Also where should I target as Poppy has not been seen. Any suggestions people???. Do we know of any badger/fox holes in the area that poppy might of taken up residence?
- 2011-09-13 14:19 Jo
- Poppy, Where are you? Show yourself or better still just pop home.
Sue, please text me with your number (07852 819132), do not leave on the website - I get a few strange/hoax phone calls although I think that is more to do with the posters than the website.
- 2011-09-13 07:07 Sue
- Hi Jo, we met the other day, I was with my golden cocker spaniel, also called Poppy. Just wanted you to know we are out each day looking around Aston Clinton, I am happy to receive a text message if you get word. Not sure if you can get my telephone number off this site, but if not let me know and I will post it here. Good Luck
- 2011-09-13 00:50 King Charles triplets
- Right tomorrow I am going to put a poster on every car in the hospital tonorrow
Something has to work, I am off wed so going to attack every telegraph pole in Buckinghamshire
And see if we come across some tit bit
- 2011-09-12 19:07 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- I await your text at no matter what time of day/night and happy to continue to help and keeping on searching as well. I'll try not to do a Jedd though! Must remember to put a scarf on these days as the bones are getting old and neck has rebelled against the winds!!!! Hope you got my message this morning about Elm Farm Vets, they are happy to put a poster up in their window. Sarah (Receptionist) over there is aware of Poppy and lives Wendover direction and has asked her husband who leaves home at 3am(ish) most mornings to keep a lookout for her. Whenever a "new" owner of whatever dog comes in I believe they check to see if there is a microchip so you never know. Regards
- 2011-09-12 18:21 callypepps
- 2011-09-12 18:09 Jo
- Nothing again today, bed empty. So a bit lost about what to do and where to look.
So the plan is, I will keep going out and about but...... on the next sighting as soon I hear, I will send out an emergency text/call to my phone book contacts to come and blitz the area. You know if I have your number but if I don't and you want a text from me please to join the search party text me on my mobile, I will add you to my contacts. Don't worry if you are at work or shopping,or asleep ( when dogs can be usually sighted) so long as a few of us can get to the sighting and I can hand out the pilchards then we will be in with a chance.
So many thank you's for today- Darren, Michelle, Becky T, Funky, Linda and a special thanks to Jedd who is now on crutches - all for the cause- running over a field to what he though might be a Poppy and went down a rabbit hole resulting in a sprain. My thanks to you all is really heart felt, I would not have been able to get through the last 6 weeks without you.Last edited: 2011-09-12 18:23:42 by Jo
- 2011-09-12 13:14 funkydawgi
- Hi am back from weekend away so we will resume our search for Pops today. With so many people looking for her with positive outlooks we will find her!!!
- 2011-09-12 09:38 Michelle
- Have just called the Nicholls Farm in Drayton Beauchamp to see if they can keep an eye out for Poppy and check all their out buildings. They have a farm next to Aston Clinton Park as well and are always out and about getting the milking cows in. They also know a "dog walker" so fingers crossed one of us will be able to find Poppy soon. Dont give up!!!
- 2011-09-11 18:08 Becky Taylor
- Have just walked from Bierton to the Canal via the Dairy and the back of the Dog House, unfortunately no sign. Shall try Gib Lane to the canal on Tuesday.
- 2011-09-11 08:19 Jo
- Yesterday checked the tent and nothing. Scented from our house to the Rothschild. Went out yesterday afternoon and postered Buckland and over the bridge on some of the round walk and canal entrance. Put posters at the back of AC towards on the ring going to College Road South, leafleted the houses end of the road.
Thank you to everyone who is helping - just need Poppy to show herself and we can bring her home.
- 2011-09-11 07:57 King Charles triplets
- Right let's make today the day we bring poppy home ! I'm off to saturate Aylesbury town centre with posters before the shoppers turn up.
- 2011-09-11 07:09 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- I'm sure you may have already thought of this but have you been down to the dairy at Broughton. You could ask if their milkmen could perhaps carry a leaflet in their milk float at least they would have your phone numbers to hand should they sight Poppy. Will be out later on and will probably do Halton area around Canal down into AC. Regards
- 2011-09-10 22:00 NickyJ
- Jo, I wonder if you have reported Poppy lost with Dogwatch at all? www.dogwatchalert.com
0845 8505 505
If you have then I wonder if they would run the message again with an update to the sightings in Aston C? The email alerts they send out go to many rural farms so it would help spread the word to a wider area.
I postered further down the canal Saturday. Is there a particular area you would like postered/ leafleted next that I could do for you?Last edited: 2011-09-11 05:43:23 by NickyJ
- 2011-09-10 18:50 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Since seeing Jo and her husband this lunchtime(ish) I hav been down to AC Park thro th tyre field, around the churchard, thro the Cricket field, walked back thro woods and then back again thro park but sadly no sign. Drove around the side streets in Aston Clinton, asked a postman to keep a lookout for her along with other various people that I know. Will go out again tomorrow and will continue looking.
- 2011-09-10 14:20 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Came along A41, up past WT golf club and drove around for a while, but no luck. Also drove around AC. Saw a few posters on telegraph poles but wondered if something more eye catching is needed for passing traffic? Could you get a big notice made up (I'm talking 2-3ft minimum!) and mount it on a board staked in the ground - not really necessary for a picture of Poppy, just big words saying something like "LOST FEMALE BLACK COCKER SPANIEL, IF SEEN PLEASE RING ....". Perhaps you could have one as you enter WT and AC from each direction. You might need permission first (i.e. if on farm land), but I know this has worked in the past for others. I was actually looking out for posters of Poppy and they were quite hard to see from a moving car. No sign of Grubby either I'm afraid :(
- 2011-09-10 07:46 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- What about asking Mix 96 again to remind listeners just how near she could be. I haven't heard Poppy mentioned in a while but then I've been out looking for her! Will be out again a bit later today with Remy probably doing a circular route around AC and park area walking back thro Halton via woods Weston Rd. Hope this throws up something Regards Claire
- 2011-09-10 07:35 NickyJ
- Today I will replace any wind-blown posters around my area of Aylesbury which is Riverside Walk and around Watermead Lakes. (Will be armed with staple gun today...)
Then I'm off to cycle a long stretch of the canal from Broughton up towards Marsworth direction so will keep a look out for little Grubby too!
Just also want to add that there are fishermen out early mornings along various stretches of water/ lakes etc. They could be very useful spotters as they sit quietly and still - the fishy aroma and box of sandwiches might help too!Last edited: 2011-09-10 07:45:11 by NickyJ
- 2011-09-09 21:24 Jo
- I went out again this afternoon. Wendover woods - done,in the cafe and one on the noticeboard, they were very kind and let me use one of their advertising spaces. Doctors in AC done. Golf course near the woods, boarding kennels near woods. Halton by the canal, farms opposite Halton Airfield. Also any dog walkers or hikers. AC park again and spoke to dog walkers.
This morning we were in the Bierton area, golf course, snack truck and replaced old posters. In Boughton we leafleted houses that backed on to the fields in the straight line of travel to where she was lost, spoke (+leaflets) to people in the farms, Holiday Inn / Spirit Health Club on A41 as well as Perrys, posted lamp posts on the same stretch. Had a look at College Road North - felt depressed at the volume of businesses on that industral park (somewhere to attack another day). Lovely Linda is postering tonight and out with her megga torch - again I thank you.
Poppy will show herself again and when she does this time we will all be ready.
- 2011-09-09 19:38 NickyJ
- I love that - you found another lost dog!
One man I spoke to along the canal path walks it with his dog every day, he said that there were so many farms between Bierton and Aston C. that it would be worth going to each farmhouse in person as someone might be likely to feed a stray dog and just wait for it to be claimed. Also, it's harvest time and many farmers are out baling right now and so might have even spotted her around but not thought anything of it? Hopefully she's nearer home than that anyway.Last edited: 2011-09-09 21:36:48 by NickyJ
- 2011-09-09 16:06 Jo
- My friend Julie and I have been out leafleting and putting up posters - thanks Julie you were my poster elf. Thanks to Nickyj - saw some of your posters near the canal.
Is it possible to find a lost dog?
YES, because today we found a lost dog (or it found us) near the back of The Dog House pub, my little idea for keeping hold of Poppy has now been tried and tested on a Doberman! The dog warden has taken the - I must say 'massive' dog to their kennels. The Doberman is female, friendly, no collar/tag and I have just been told that she is not microchipped.
I can not believe that after 6 weeks of searching the dog we find is not even mine!
- 2011-09-09 15:26 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Will be out your way tomorrow morning, so hubbie and I will have a look around if you haven't had any luck before then x
- 2011-09-09 09:29 NickyJ
- I'm off out now to poster along the canal by Broughton/ The Dog House pub, and will cycle a longer route Saturday morning to explore that area in more depth.
I suspect though that she's holed up somewhere near to where she's already been sighted.
I'm no expert but my spaniel cross would seemingly happily live in pit he'd dig himself inside a bramble bush or other dense undergrowth. Everyone keep looking, got to flush her out from wherever she's hiding!
- 2011-09-09 09:19 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Jo keep positive and I'll keep looking. Claire
- 2011-09-09 08:59 Jo
- Disappointed this morning as there was no luck last night. Being in the right place at the right time is not that easy. She is still out there somewhere. Postering today.
Missing 6 weeks today.
- 2011-09-08 21:35 Becky
- Fingers crossed Poppy will make an appearance soon, Good luck Jo, becky
- 2011-09-08 20:44 Jo
- Claire - I have 'done' every barn in view of Halton Brook.
Nickyj - I have googled the Bierton area and printed maps when she was over there, I have done the same over here - hoping that she is still here -but I have missed some of the middle. Worth seeing what has not been covered, I will get on to that in the morning after postering back in Bierton to cover the area where the ones have gone missing. If you do have a bike trip this weekend let me know and I will get some posters to you - if you are still happy to put them up.
Thank you to everyone, I know that some of you have not been getting much sleep as you are garden/field watching.
Ever optimistic - it could be tonight she decides to show herself.
Last edited: 2011-09-08 20:46:32 by Jo
- 2011-09-08 19:12 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Jo as a thought there is a large shed-type building across the field from Halton Brook if you haven't walked across there it might be worth a look. Good Luck Claire
- 2011-09-08 15:21 NickyJ
- Fingers and toes crossed that you're getting closer to her. Good luck for tonight.
- 2011-09-08 14:57 Jo
- Dog tent has been moved along in Halton Brook. Dog mess was found away from any of sane dog walker routes and near a huge mound of brambles with various holes dog sized - thanks to Linda and Martin for risking their lives to find the spot. Also closer to Jedd who seems to be feeding all of the local wildlife. Worth a try.
- 2011-09-08 11:12 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Have spoken to Jo this morning I have walked through Halton Canal and spoken to various joggers out running. So far none have reported any sightings of Poppy. Jo is going to put a poster up on the bridge at Halton Village I believe in the hope that a jogger/walkers may spot her. I spoke to a farmer at Halton but they haven't seen her either but will keep a lookout. Maybe a poster opposite farm entrance even on the entrance to the Airfield would be good as well. You never know what they might see from the air as well. Also Jo I mentioned this morning on the phone that there is a sponsored walk taking place and it could be a good idea to ask the organisers if they can display a poster at their rest facilities for the walkers. I think it is Ian Rennie who are organising the walk and I think it is on Sunday. Will continue to keep a lookout for Poppy and will try the park later on this afternoon. Remy looking a bit bedraggled now not to mention me! Keep positive. Claire
- 2011-09-08 11:10 NickyJ
- I've been studying the OS map trying to work out poss routes she'd take if she roamed between Bierton and Aston Clinton/ Weston Turville. There is the Round Aylesbury Walk path which crosses the canal by some shallow lakes. (I did this walk earlier in the year and will do it again this weekend if she's not home by then). I drove along the road which goes from the AC Rd to Bierton via Broughton and Burcott. Lots of walkers and cyclists use the canal towpath, and there's a car park where the road crosses the canal at the lock. There are many fields in the area between Bierton and AC but so few public rights of way - I wonder if it's worth a shot to contact each of the farms named on the OS map, or has that already been done?
If you want posters put up along the canal towpath I will cycle along it and do that.
- 2011-09-08 08:21 Jo
- Nothing last night. Yes, we might have moved her on but she wants to get home and will be back in the area sometime. My understanding is that dogs can go back and forth between the lost site and home for a while.
The dog warden hears from me on a regular basis, although unless they get a call about a dog it really does not make any difference if I keep calling, just makes me feel better hoping that they will phone the minute they get Poppy in. I will go to staples and print out some more posters for Bierton and pop them up in the morning.
The variation on the call would be 'Poppy Treat' no plural in our house! Or for the most dedicated it would be to rattle a peeler, she would hear this (hence the peelings in the park from the other night), there was always a little disappointment when it wasn't a carrot - not that I peeled the carrots for her but she did get the ends or if she was extra good a whole one - with skin. She was also quite liked to share some crisps with my husband at nightime (don't tell Jenifer at AC vets) so shaking a packet might work, my husband now goes into the garden to eat them - just in case she is near and fancies some Ready Salted.
I will re-scent to Aston from the house today if the drizzle/rain stops. Leave the tent for a night or two more and then bring it back or move it on.
- 2011-09-07 22:56 funkydawgi
- I have just come back from Bierton on the off chance she has gone back to the scene of the crime. Did not see many posters, has "someone" taken them down or have they blown away I ask myself!? Anyway no sight of her either on or off road which is good in a way, so will be back at Aston clinton tomorrow. U just may have a point there Ozzy n Barneys mum maybe to much footfall but then again Poppy is friendly.....too be honest I just don't know anymore what's for the best but I know i'll just keep bumbling about in our search for her. Been checking out night vision specs & thermal heating searchy thingy on e bay I may need to purchase ;-)
- 2011-09-07 22:34 Saza
- I so admire Jo and all the people searching for little Poppy. Wish I was nearer to be able to help. I just wondered if all the local dog wardens and rescue centres have been contacted recently, just in case Poppy has slipped through the amazing network of searchers and been picked up by someone who hasn't seen her posters? Although I guess her chip would have been scanned? Do hope she comes home tonight.
- 2011-09-07 20:06 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Good idea suzanne. Or what about the sound of a favourite squeaky toy or the shake of a treat tin?
- 2011-09-07 19:57 suzanne
- Hi Jo I was just wondering if it might be an idea for people to call out 'dinner time' or 'treats' or is there something else that poppy might respond to.?? I only ask because my own cocker Daisy will often turn a deaf ear to her own name if the mood takes her and there is a scent or something more interesting to chase. just a thought
- 2011-09-07 19:55 Jo
- I received a call today from RAF Halton, checking on progress. They have spread the word around Halton - I am hoping that a night hike will flush her out or see her on her travels. Took the boys to the skate park, they do not realise the added benefit of their scent - and keeping fit at the same time. Sat for a while with my tin of pilchards ready for action. A great item in the WT school newsletter today, this has saved me hours of leafleting - Massive thank you Mrs Brooks. A night off as Martin is in charge of the tent.
- 2011-09-07 16:53 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I'm wondering if all the 'extra activity' in the area has scared her? Would seriously consider plotting the triangle incase she's moved somewhere a bit quieter x
- 2011-09-07 13:38 Jo
- Checked on my laundry at the park, still no movement. I was approached by a lady (Claire) who asked me if I had seen Poppy, she in turn had been approached by another dog walker. Thank you everyone!
Jedd (AC Kennels) has offered to help stink out a bit more of Aston Clinton with Pilchards and keep watch to see if Poppy takes a fancy - she was never this fussy about food when at home. Next time I drop some pilchards off at the vets I will also drop some for the staff as they actually like to eat them!
I dropped by the tent to leave some vacuumings. Malcolm the postman has been on the lookout and he now has an update of the sightings etc. Martin will be taking a good walk of the Halton Brook field in the dark to see if he can get Poppy home tonight. Off now to put some posters by the school gates in WT and AC.
- 2011-09-07 12:48 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hopefully she'll make an appearance now that the rain has stopped x
- 2011-09-07 10:04 PCK9!
- Jo, Went out at 8 this morning Spend hour and half in the fields near Halton Brook and around the airfield, with no luck at all. I will again go back out tomorrow morning same time as well.
- 2011-09-07 08:00 Reynard - Area Volunteer, Wiltshire
- good luck Jo xx
- 2011-09-07 07:39 Jo
- No luck last night, bed not walked on pilchards still smelling. Lets hope that tonight she makes an appearance.
- 2011-09-06 21:46 funkydawgi
- went back to field Poppy was hopefully spotted this morning at 7.20pm, I saw a middle size black animal but it had a tail:-(, & it ran from the middle of the field to the right into the hedge.I looked into hedge where it entered but no sight of it.(Just incase Poppy was in fancy dress!) It did look more cat like to me. I waited for about another 20 mins then the guns started & my boy came all over a quiver so I had to leave. Spoke to the footballers doing goal scoring practice & no sightings from them. As then it started to rain I think Poppy has bedded down for the night with a good book. will start again tomorrow, keep positive we will find her!
- 2011-09-06 20:33 Jo
- Thanks to the Watermead Team, I do feel a bit guilty that I have used you and now I never call! I only have the energy to keep going now because of the support you all gave me.
Linda and I have been out scenting, popping up the tent and crate and searching the far reaches of Halton Brook. The crate is towards the back of the garden, within the industrial park. Martin the caretaker has been fantastic and yet another person on speed dial. We scented and left carrots and pilchards for a midnight snack. She has some bedding and a white towel, please wipe your feet on the way in so that we know you are about. Massive thanks to Linda for her dedication to Poppy. We had a bit of an argument with some barbed wire so I owe her a pair of trousers and also some funds for the fox food, I think also a plaster or two.
Everyone have positive thoughts for tonight .......
- 2011-09-06 20:12 Millie and Pippa
- Ditto. All your helpers on Watermead and surrounding area are still behind you, logging on every day and eagerly watching developments. Sure you will see her in your neck of the woods very soon though and have her back home safe. Fingers crossed for you and your family. Come on Pops! xx
- 2011-09-06 19:28 suzanne
- Hi Jo yes of course we are still keeping up with the search for Poppy, and logging in here every day to see the latest news. we are still walking and looking over this side of town and at various other locations between here and aston clinton. it has been great for Daisy finding all of these new and random walks. It does sound like you are within touching distance of having Poppy home - not long now.
- 2011-09-06 16:59 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Jo. Good that things are sounding really positive now and the Poppy team is expanding all the time! I expect Dee has already told you about dogs moving within a triangle when they are on the loose? Rather than forming a circle on a map, plot the possible sightings in a triangle as will affect your search area x
- 2011-09-06 16:27 Jo
- Funkydawgi -I too think that she was with us on Friday. The sightings are too coincidental, with the location centering around just a short distance. This is now - Rothchilds Arms (Thursday Afternoon),Aston Clinton Park (Friday afternoon) Halton Brook Business Park (Friday PM), possible Aston Clinton Park - noise only (Sat PM), stables area back of Halton Brook (this morning).
I have just got back from looking at the land at the back of the sighting from this morning. The land has water and a perfectly private spot for pitching a tent with a crate, this would be between the sightings at Halton Brook and Aston Clinton Park - Thanks Ann for your time, hoping that I don't need to use a corner of your garden and that she will be home by morning! ( But if not I will let you know).
For tonight the tent will go at the back of a garden fence on Weston Road with her/my 'stuff' but if this does not work for a few nights the tent will be moved on - or Poppy you could just save us the trouble and come home.
Thanks again to Jedd and the Aston Clinton Vet team who went out after my message about the sighting this morning.
Ian, great to finally meet you.
- 2011-09-06 15:19 funkydawgi
- Left the park today at 2.30 no sightings but maybe a hearing?? I went thro fields that Poppy was hopefully sighted this morning & could hear a dog barking but not see one, I don't know as it's windy if Barking carries further?? Also opposite the allotment nr the Elder tree i heard rustling & not a bark as such but a doggy noise but i could'nt see anything & was saying her name but whatever it was it did not show itself to me :-(. I sat waiting in the field where Poppy was hopefully sighted & spoke to a lady with a sheperd, who had walked the airfield & she had not seen anything. Not many walkers this afternoon due no doubt to weather but the ones I did spot I spoke to. That sighting Jo makes me think that was Poppy in that field Fri night!!!
- 2011-09-06 10:26 Jo
- Home to warm up, I was only dressed to collect the washing from the park but be back later. I went to the owner of the stables and looked through the barn, also confirmed with the locals with land that there had potentially been another sighting. I think that the Halton Brook area has had the most sightings and this might be the place to pop her bed, scenting from the sightings back to the bed.
If you are out looking please also have a look for a tan & chocolate terrier cross called Grubby from Long Marsden - Tring. Went for an extended stroll yesterday - ref on doglost 32490.
- 2011-09-06 10:10 callypepps
- hi jo,definately still here, checking 3times daily for updates,you know if you want me anytime just call, i can come out with you if you need help, not sure of the area you are in at mo, but praying for positive sightings for you. Call me with directions if you want more backup, meanwhile will keep checking this area x
- 2011-09-06 09:33 Tracey
- Jo, I have get home and logged straight on to keep up to date. I wanted to confirm, I definately saw a black animal running along the hedgerow that goes along the field the horses are in (the same field as the mowed stretch of grass but over the other side). As it was quite a distance away it was impossible to tell what it was. I was walking with a friend who when I shouted 'whats that?' also caught a glimpse but then the mound in the middle of the field blocked our view so we could not see if it went in to the field or if it went in to the hedge. We ran over but unfortunately whatever we saw had gone. If this was not poppy I am so sorry to get your hopes up but we could not ignore what we saw. We really hope you get Poppy back quickly - can not imagine what you are going through. We will continue to walk at Aston Clinton in the meantime.
- 2011-09-06 09:00 Jo
- I was at the park and got a call about a possible sighting, grabbed bag. Sighting was in the field that links the airfield to the park area. She was seen by Tracy who was on the mowed grass walkway. The black thing - possible dog was seen go through the hedge at the back of the stables. Tracy is from Aylesbury and walking here as she has heard Poppy's story, she does not know the area. This sighting would link the one outside the Rothschild and the stakeout at the field on Halton Brook. Pilchards down, standing with my back to the stables- let today be the day!
- 2011-09-06 08:27 PCK9!
- Jo, as the weather is bad, it mybe worth looking down by the cricket club on Church Lane. Just past the entrance to the club the track goes down to the farm, where there is a lot of buildings, as you found the other day. Take your wellies very muddy there and trust me training shoes don't work!! mine didn't.
- 2011-09-06 07:55 Jo
- Dee - what is your advice about the bed etc, the weather is not good today. Will Poppy stay where she is until this weather passes, when is the best time to put the bed out?
I am going up to check the laundry this morning.
- 2011-09-05 23:46 NickyJ
- Just a suggestion, how about pitching a very small tent (like a "festival" type tent)in the park overnight with door pinned open, with her bed inside, or even your boys T-shirt, socks or old trainers? If you left something like a white T-shirt or tea towel inside then you may at least find muddy paw prints or black fur in there early in the morning?
- 2011-09-05 21:27 funkydawgi
- ok people enough is enough I is gonna get me a fully trained Bloodhound by tomorrow wish me luck in my quest!! it's obvious to all that my trusty monocle is letting me down in my search for Poppy :-(. So anyone got a Bloodhound I can borrow for a while???.
Have got the afternoon off work tomorrow so if you see a wild haired woman walking a chow wishing it was a Bloodhound say Hi!!! am going to do the canal & aston clinton park so that area will be covered by late afternoon I am gonna take a stick c if that helps!!!!
- 2011-09-05 20:55 Jo
- Quick park visit in the dark, checked the nibbles and left some laundry. Do not think that she will be out tonight in the drizzle.
Callypepps,Susan,Suzanne,Liz - I hope that you are still following Poppy's progress we still need you as she might get confused and go back to where she was lost.
- 2011-09-05 20:35 King Charles triplets
- We covered the air field and surrounding woods tonight but sadly no poppy. Will do a walk round the park with the Megga torch a bit later. No sign of her out the back of ours by the dairy either. We will keep trying till she's back home.
- 2011-09-05 19:29 Jo
- If anyone was up at the park at about 6.30pm, it was my husband in his suit rummaging in the bushes at the back of the park - we have found that we no longer have any pride. Our laundry gets left in unusual places before returning home to be washed.
So many of you have spoken to the chap with the black cocker in Aston Clinton as I approached him he said 'No, this is not Poppy' If you do see Millie she is the same size as Poppy but Millie has a much shorter nose. Has the same greying chin but Poppy is in need of a haircut.
Linda & Martin, thanks, also thanks for making me smile, your little torch carrier is wonderful.Last edited: 2011-09-05 19:31:18 by Jo
- 2011-09-05 17:05 King Charles triplets
- Hi jo, we did not do too well last night as the Megga torch did not have much charge but we are going to try again tonight. We will work our way from the airfield to the football park hopefully she will decide to come out and go home.
Linda and Martin
- 2011-09-05 16:31 Jo
- I have become well known at Staples, I am so good with the photocopier that I will soon get my staff discount! I am going to just change the poster to a home 'Blue Peter' version to get a more direct message across about her being in the area. But please if you have some put them up, the more the coverage the more chance of her being spotted.
- 2011-09-05 15:41 PCK9!
- Jo if you need help in the printing of more posters just let me know. I have some here already and can esily do more if you want. Ian
- 2011-09-05 15:08 Jo
- Nicky - sorry for not replying to your text you sent this morning, thanks for sorting the poster I was going to pop up this afternoon, you have saved me a job. I will check after the rain tomorrow that all of those in place can still be read and place more out. I need to wait for the heavy rain that is forecast tonight and all day tomorrow to pass so that her bedding will be dry and inviting, she also needs to come out from where she is hiding which she will not do if it is raining.
- 2011-09-05 12:36 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Good idea nickyj. Otherwise and old jumper or something with your scent on could be left in the area Jo. Funny you mentioning her love of carrots - my cocker Barney loves them too! Hope you get a sighting today x
- 2011-09-05 12:30 NickyJ
- I've emailed your poster to Wendover's "Cafe in the Woods" as they BBQ there and general food smells might draw her up that way? It's not far for a dog to race up there from Aston Clinton park area.
Does she have a crate that she sleeps in? If so, might be worth leaving it open in the skate park over night, as another recently lost dog was found inside his in the morning when the owner took it to the place last sighted.
I'm from the other side of Aylesbury but saw your posters whilst dog walking along Riverside Walk and so joined the search today.
Hope she gets herself home soon!Last edited: 2011-09-05 12:31:24 by NickyJ
- 2011-09-05 08:45 Jo
- Checked this morning and Poppy has not been to the spot we were at last night. The weather has been against us throughout the night. Hoping for another sighting or just for her to wander home.
- 2011-09-04 22:49 Jo
- Just returned from our stake out at the back of the park. I had been up about 7pm to leave the contents of the vacuum cleaner hoping that would encourage her to our spot. Went up about 9pm, it was very windy so hearing anything was hard. Placed plichards and biscuits a little way behind us so if she felt like a snack we would hear her. Quietly called her name at intervals, peeled carrots (!) as another sound that she would relate to (loves carrots). It started to rain so we came away.
Thanks to the lady that was walking this morning near the airfield looking for Poppy and was also out tonight with her partner, megga torch and dog who had his own torch - cute.
Funkydawgi - thank you - I have no doubts that you will do everything to find her, I am so grateful for the time that you have already spent helping me and Pop reunite.
Poppy it would be so much easier if you just came home.Last edited: 2011-09-04 22:55:28 by Jo
- 2011-09-04 22:09 funkydawgi
- we walked up to Aston Clinton today, scouting the fields with my trusty monocle & still nothing, spoke to several walkers who had been to the airfield & canal & no sightings so far.Gave a lady a poster as she works at Greenpark but I see Jo has that covered so they have another one for good luck!. So I have ventured out tonight in my car just to see if I could spot her trotting towards home but again nothing. I just want you to know when you can't be out there Jo someone else is.........we will find her
- 2011-09-04 18:07 Sherlock Bones Police Liaison Co-ordinator
- Hi Jo, just catching up after a weekend away and it looks like you're doing a fantastic job. All these areas really are places that Poppy could be hiding up in so you're doing all the right things with the scents and spreading the word. Fingers crossed for a good result tonight x
- 2011-09-04 17:21 Jo
- Thanks again to everyone. Both of the cartakers at Green Park know and will keep an eye out. The big new house at the back of the park also know but they have stockproof fencing - so she is probably not in there. This morning I covered quite a distance but that was towards WT, if Jedd heard a noise near the skate park then I might have gone in the wrong direction to find her hidy hole. We will go tonight with our 'kit'. Son is back up at the skate park, fingers crossed he is working his magic.
Off to vacuum.....
- 2011-09-04 16:43 PCK9!
- Hi Jo Ian again. Just got back and sorry no news. Talked with the cricket club and they are on the look out, some of the younger lads there said they had seen about poppy on facebook. talked to some of the gardeners at the allotments and gave out a few posters. Also had a good look around the airfield.
- 2011-09-04 15:38 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Sounds like the skate park area would definetely be a good place to scent and leave some food as well as the contents of your vacuum cleaner! Is there any long grass nearby? If the weather dries up, perhaps a member of the family could just sit quietly and listen. Hopefully this will give Poppy the courage to venture forward..
- 2011-09-04 14:52 PCK9!
- Hi Jo - Ian here, I guess you may have already done this, but have you talked to Green Park Training Centre? Still looking out over fields, will go out for a walk down church lane in a while, and have a look around the cricket club as it maybe quiet there today
- 2011-09-04 14:34 Jedd
- 2011-09-04 11:47 Jo
- Just back from walking the fields and talking to dog owners. It has been raining for about 1/2 an hour so I guess that I will need to re-scent once the rain has stopped.
- 2011-09-04 08:52 Jo
- Jedd - Thank you for looking - where in the park area was this, we will make a trip out tonight. My son was at the skate park for hours yesterday and I am really not sure if this could be keeping her near.
Jobadger - you don't need to tell me about the super people helping, I appreciate every one who looks, calls, texts ,post and supports me, without them all I too would be lost.
Jedd forgot to answer your question, Poppy whines when a bit fed up - for example on a walk and I stop to talk to someone. But to be honest I am not too sure what reaction she will have to her name now that she has been on her own for over 5 weeks.Last edited: 2011-09-04 09:04:22 by Jo
- 2011-09-04 08:42 jobadger
- .Last edited: 2011-09-05 00:13:56 by jobadger
- 2011-09-04 00:02 Jedd
- Hi Jo, Jedd here, the kennel and cattery manager from aston clinton vets, my girlfriend, brother and I had a look in the park about half an hour ago, we called poppies name and heard a cry, we werent sure if it was a fox or a badger but noticed that when we shouted her name the cry got a bit louder, does she whine or cry often? We followed the cry/bark but it eventually got quieter and stopped, not sure if this will help but thought we should let you no, we've looked for a good hour and a half hoping we would spot her. Still not sure if this was her, but as I said, when we shouted we heard it.
- 2011-09-03 22:08 Jo
- Thanks to everyone for their help today.
Especially Becky and Dad Ian - who have kept me busy for the past 2 days!
Hoping that Poppy will find her way very soon - I know that she is capable as she has proved so far that she is one in a million. I have proped the back gate open just in case she would rather come to the back door.
- 2011-09-03 20:08 Becky
- heya Jo just had a thought what about the local milkman? They might be able to help look out in the early hours of the morning?
- 2011-09-03 18:28 funkydawgi
- I is back!! lots of footballers there tonight so I do think way too busy for her to come out to play. I walked up to the airfield & spoke to the landowner by chance walking his Boxer. Sadly he said he walked alot on his vast land & has never seen Poppy (he also owns the field Jo & I were listening to lastnight!). I checked the stock of Broad Beans in the allotment to see signs of Pop visiting there as we know she is a tad partial to a pod or two. Spoke to a few people who already knew about Poppy & again nothing. Good thing is she is in peoples minds.
Why are people so horrid? what harm are you doing apart from stinking us out in AC & WT but we don't mind!!!
- 2011-09-03 17:23 Jo
- Thanks Ian for the barn info. It was part of a small holding that fronts onto Weston Road. The man living there is in hospital at the monent and I spoke to the neighbours who said that the owner would be happy for me to scent to the road as he has a love of animals. When we got into the small holding another neighbour was also there having a check of the many disused buildings. Scented 1/2 before we were told to leave by a very rude woman who by then had turned up, I explaned that we had asked the neighbour and tried to explain why we were there, we were told to get off the property . The poor neighbour was shouted at!! We managed to scent half so that should be enough.
Just thinking about the park and where she was seen. My boys have been going to the park to use the skate ramps, quite a few times in recent days - this is the part of the park that Poppy was seen. Perhaps she can smell that they have been there?Last edited: 2011-09-03 17:52:18 by Jo
- 2011-09-03 16:08 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- No luck I'm afraid Jo. I think it was just too busy when we were there (about 11am). She's probabaly holed up somewhere nice and quiet during the day just watching us all!! But then again you said she was seen in the park about 4.30pm?? Is this somewhere you normally walk her and at that time of day? Hope you have better luck than me funkydawgi!!
- 2011-09-03 15:44 funkydawgi
- never let it be said I don't know how to make the best of any situation I find myself in!!who needs pubs & bars?, fields is the new night out!!alas we did come back Poppyless but something was in that field, I like to think it was Pop & not some eavesdropping rabbit! Anyway I am off to Aston Clinton park as if that sighting is right the location we were in lastnight matches in. Am taking my monocle with me oh yes people I am armed & dangerous!! here we go.....
- 2011-09-03 12:36 Jo
- Back from postering and leafleting all of the houses that back on to the new sighting. Halton Brook business part also now aware. Met some great people on our travels, sorry to the Charles Church sales lady who got very upset at Poppy's story.
Ellen, I am at a point that I can barely walk, I need my boots! The scenting that we have been doing has quality family smells, if as Dee said a cocker can smell for three miles then I do think that we are on the homestraight - I smell pilchards everywhere so Poppy must too!
- 2011-09-03 11:21 Becky
- we are all eargerley awaiting for your call to say that Poppy is home. She's so close come on Poppy. Our thoughts are with your family. From all of us at Aston Clinton vets.
- 2011-09-03 11:10 Ellen
- Hi Jo.... Just a thought, have you tried scenting with your bare feet??? I've read about a Jack Russell that went missing on a walk and her owner walked home with her bare feet so her dog could smell her trail, it worked and the Jack Russell returned home!!!! Maybe tricky but perhaps try a bare footed walk home from one of the sightings areas???? Ellen
- 2011-09-03 09:42 Jo
- Just been told of another sighting - Aston Clinton Park yesterday at 4.30pm.
Being announced on Mix96. Got to go......very busy!
- 2011-09-03 09:26 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hubbie and I have decided to go for a potter on our motorbike out Weston Turville way. Will make sure I have a dog lead and some food in the top box!!
- 2011-09-03 09:07 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Good luck today guys! Might be an idea to take the portable barbecue with you as well as your pilchard filled tights Jo :) Isn't it amazing how our canine friends bring people together? Although you are suffering all this heartache and hard work, what you can say is that you have made many new friends Jo. Come on Poppy, want to see you in the blue later today xxxx
- 2011-09-03 01:02 Jo
- Just got in.....Got a call from Funkydawgi (K9) to say that she was sure that she had seen Poppy run in front of her car on the small lane that leads to the business park on Weston Road. Took my pilchards and we waited and waited. There was movement in the field but who can say what it was - hopefully Poppy listening to us having a very strange but great night out. Covered so many subjects on our stake out, from how Sarah told Naomi Campbell to take her hat off at a Prince concert as he was so small she could not see him over the hat, to buddhism, and many dog tales as a reminder as to why we were standing in a field with our open tin of pilchards - Thanks Sarah , we didn't find Poppy but I had a really great night - we must do it again sometime!
I am going back in the morning to take a look at the field to see if the noises we heard could have been Poppy.
Forgot to thank everyone for their support today, many calls from the locals in WT in response to the leaflets about what people were doing and had done. Everyones help really matters this is what will bring her home, as well as the Pilchards! p.s. new scenting system, 4 pint milk carton with a handle and a small hole near the top, does an amazing job for miles does not look too strange, the pilchards dragging behind in some tights were a bit of a giveaway and ruined the whole discrete normal person just having a stroll look. Last edited: 2011-09-03 01:17:22 by Jo
- 2011-09-03 00:28 zeffi
- Just a thought, could you contact local Neighbourhood Watch groups? You may need to do this through the police, but if it's possible it'd give you more eyes on the case. Hope your lovely girl is home soon.
- 2011-09-02 23:01 Teddys Mum - Area Volunteer, West London
- Not been able to log in for a while. I am so pleased that things are looking so positive. Keep scenting and guide her in. Not long now.
- 2011-09-02 21:34 Angus - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Milton Keynes
- The golf course at Weston Turville has several lakes and streams so could provide food and water for her - the golf pro is called Gary George tel no 01296 424084 I am sure that he would help if you ask
- 2011-09-02 21:15 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Been studying a map to see if there's a waterway that runs from Watermead over to Aston Clinton. Can anyone advise? It looks like there's a golf course at Weston Turville with water nearby, so yet another place to advise if you haven't done so already. Think you will definetely be in need of new boots at this rate Jo :)
- 2011-09-02 20:50 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Jo. I keeping logging in for updates. Glad to hear the A41 is closed at night - must admit I was a bit concerned about that road. I don't know the area very well, but was the sighting anywhere near the Green Park conference centre? Just thought that they must have groundspeople there who could be asked to look out for her. I think there's also a canal nearby isn't there? Dogs on the loose often stick near a water supply, so that might also be worth checking out. Keeping everything crossed here for you x
- 2011-09-02 20:47 lilysky
- lots and lots of luck, my dog was missing five days and was badly injured, so i know what your going through, aching feet, hoarse voice and my other dog just made the most of the extra walks, she'll be home very soon. x
- 2011-09-02 20:40 funkydawgi
- We went out v early this morning to see if we could catch Poppy snoozing under a bush & tell her to get her butt home as her family was missing her but alas to no avail. So it's now 8.30pm we are going out again to stand in fields to listen out for snoring. If indeed that was her yesterday we will find her, she is so close she is inspirational & what an achievement to make it this far!!.Wish me luck in bringing her home tonight!!
- 2011-09-02 17:23 Jo
- I emailed the Head at Weston Turville School to ask if she could let the staff know and keep a look out. I got an eamil back to say that it would go in the School newsletter and she would also contact the Head at Aston Clinton school as ask if she would do the same. This will save me so much time - many many thanks to Karen Brooks. Off soon to talk to the workmen who have the A41 closed at night time and also to drag the tights full of pilchards - pride what pride! Going along scenting slows the cars so what this will do who knows. Thanks to Becky's Dad (she works at AC Vets) he keeps coming up with good ideas for who to contact. Last night was the first night that I dared to think about what I would do on her return. Vet check, send my thanks and then sleep for a week.
- 2011-09-02 15:08 bazil
- After reading through all the comments I am so pleased that there has been a sighting of Poppy for you Jo...I'm sure it will not be long before Poppy is home safe with you...you have all been brilliant in the search for Poppy just stay strong and keep going. The only advice I can give is... until you get another sighting be out there dawn and dusk as this is when she will probably ventured out from her den which I am sure she will have somewhere, keep checking all sheds, barns and unused buildings in this area. Good luck, come on Poppy you little darling show yourself again, your Mummy needs you home xxx
- 2011-09-02 13:17 Jo
- I had a call from someone living in Byegreen which is a close of houses near us, there is no pathway and unless you live there you do not go up. She said that about 10 days ago she had dog mess on her porch and also infront of her garage. She mentioned it to her neighbours but could not understand it. She said that she has had dogs for years so knows what she saw! So Poppy might have been hiding out near here for some of this time. I had placed posters in the village previously but yesterday was more direct leafleting. Understanding from Dee that this could now take weeks, but at least now I am in my neighbourhood - not anything wrong with the other side of town but I have done approx 500 miles just going back and forth, round and round. Now just wearing out my boots! Scenting Byegreen later today.Last edited: 2011-09-02 17:26:35 by Jo
- 2011-09-02 12:24 Ellen
- Hi Jo.... Just to let you know my friend that lives in Aston Clinton was out at 6am this morning, she walked around her fields and outbuildings and went down to the Rothchilds Pub and walked around there for a bit, calling for Poppy. She will continue to do this until your girl returns. Sarah from K9 in Weston Turville is in contact with me and she was also out this morning searching. So positive that so many people care about Poppy's return.... Let's all keep going!!!!! Ellen xxx
- 2011-09-02 10:30 Jo
- Just got back from putting up more posters and popping leaflets through doors. I have been up to the aifield in Halton and let them know the keep an eye out. I have given some posters to the RAF base. The local police have a poster that they will keep in their car and a community message will be put out.It is refuse day tomorrow and the round have my number to call if they spot her. I will re-scent later today.
- 2011-09-02 08:28 Angus - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Milton Keynes
- Really hoping that this is Poppy x
- 2011-09-02 08:18 Majorjet (Jan) - NW Area Co-ordinator, Merseyside
- Jo fantastic news, rooting for you. Good luck. xxx
- 2011-09-02 07:43 Sherlock Bones Police Liaison Co-ordinator
- YES! I told you Jo, I told you!!! I'm so chuffed for you - come on Poppy come on home now!!! PS sorry I missed your call yesterday, I was out at the time - do leave a message next time xxxx
- 2011-09-02 07:35 Jo
- The bed I left out has not been slept in and the food is still there. Out and about this morning postering and leafleting.
- 2011-09-02 07:12 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I've just emailed admin to ask if Poppy's page can be bumped to the top because of the possible sighting. Good luck today Jo and all of Poppy's searchers xx
- 2011-09-02 06:51 suzanne
- Oh Jo how fantastic to read of the sighting - please please please let it be poppy and let her find her way home.
I have got everything crossed for you.
- 2011-09-02 06:32 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I expect you've already thought of it, but leave a way in to your garden and her bed on your doorstep and some food incase she returns whilst your out searching. Hoping for good news when I next log in xx
- 2011-09-01 22:38 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Oh, please, please let this be Poppy!!! Come on girl, everyone is willing you home so hard and your mum has been working tirelessly to find you xx
- 2011-09-01 22:01 Ellen
- Hi Jo, this is very encouraging, certainly sounds like your little girl is finding her way home!! I have very good friends who live in Aston Clinton, they have a fair amount of land and outbuildings which lead to fields connecting to Weston Turville. I have texted them tonight, she has already seen Poppy's picture in the salon. They will look out tonight and walk early morning with their dogs to help with the search! I read this forum every day, just hoping for positive news..... Tonight I have a good feeling Jo, never underestimate a Spaniels nose for home!!! Best wishes, Ellen
- 2011-09-01 19:59 Jo
- NEWS - Got a call today at about 4.30pm to say that a dog - could be Poppy was seen outside the Rothchilds Pub in Aston Clinton. If this was Poppy she is less than 1 mile away from home. The Vets got the call from the pub and they then sent teams straight out to look for her - how fantasic, I am so grateful. They then called me. I have spoken to the pub who thought it was the dog in the picture only now very scruffy. I have also spoken to another person who saw her and then followed a few minutes later by the vet staff on her tail!. I have scented from the pub to our house. Fingers crossed everyone that she is on her way home.
Aston Clinton vets have in all of this gone beyond any professional boundary their dedication and love of animals always shines through.Last edited: 2011-09-01 20:02:59 by Jo
- 2011-09-01 11:48 Jo
- Liz if you send me a text with our phone number and address (07852 819132) I will give you a call.
- 2011-09-01 11:12 Millie and Pippa
- Jo, I am on Watermead backing onto the fields. If you would like me to help distribute the posters around those houses please let me know. Also, I am not sure how things work but if you think it would help to leave a trail of some sort outside my back gate (which is directly into the field) please let me know? I am more than happy to help in any way I can? Liz
- 2011-09-01 09:30 Jo
- I have made the decision not to go to the Bucks Show. I would not be satisfied with just leaving a few leaflets at a couple of stalls - I would need to talk to everyone who had a dog, who looked like a farmer and anyone who passes. I do not think that this would be appropiate behaviour as my children would be with me and so far I have tried to keep them away as much as possible from the search. The only time they did come out was when there was the potential sighting of Poppy and seeing the reaction and disappointment on that day made me decide that although the search goes on they do not take part in it, it is bad enough for me, it is not something that I am willing to put the children through. I have therefore spent the early morning printing google maps for the area Poppy was lost, finding all of the houses that back on to the fields over a large square mile area (Watermead, Cleveland Park, Aylesbury Rd, and Bierton) and making a new more direct and targeted poster/leaflet. I will pop these through to doors of the houses that could possibly help spot Poppy. I have also looked for possible farms and houses that I will ask if I can set up a scenting trail.
- 2011-08-31 21:36 callypepps
- jo,spoke to someone tonight who said why dont you approach different stalls to see if they would oblige and put posters on their stalls, at county show. if you put any on cars etc, they will be moved by security (pathetic really) i am around friday if you want any help looking. i am sure watermead and across those fields have been well covered, think best to start kenels/stables area and perhpas work from that way.xx
- 2011-08-31 18:17 Jo
- I have not heard from the Bucks Show, I did leave messages but today would have been busy for them ready for tomorrow. Dee has given me her advice about what Poppy is doing and where Poppy will be and she is the expert - I am new at this but hopefully learning fast enough. I am going back and back to the core area. This being between the stables, kennels, Watermead etc. This is where she would still be if using the experience of other dog's behaviour. This is now back as my target area.
- 2011-08-31 13:18 Sherlock Bones Police Liaison Co-ordinator
- I'm pretty sure that supervised group access is permitted by an owner in a secure field. If you couldn't see the holes, you should've had clear hedges, not ones that hide the fences. Perhaps you could get those customers who have called you and sent you flowers to do the same to Poppy's owner for support. I'm sorry you cannot possibly blame your customer for your company's failings, nor for the lack of support you have given this owner. No more on this subject will be permitted on this page, and we will instead concentrate on finding Poppy.
- 2011-08-31 13:08 Jane
- Hi Suzanne, I did not want to post with regards damage limitation, I was told about the blog discussing Poppy's dissapearance and on reading the comments that people had made, without knowing the full circumstances, it seemed only fair to let everyone know exactly how this 'isolated' incident occurred. Having read Mrs Hayes (Poppy's Owner) response on the blog on the 19th August she clearly states that Poppy is a chaser, this WAS NOT written on her boarding form on arrival, which is 'Key' information to pass over to someone caring for your dog. She also says 'as most cockers are' which is not true. We have cockers who board with us who never leave our side whilst walking and playing 'freely' in the paddocks. This sad event could have been avoided if we had all the relevant info on Poppy at the time of boarding, as other customers do when they fill in and sign their forms. Mrs Hayes visited our place of business before boarding Poppy and was happy to book her board with us. A signed boarding form AGREEING to Poppy having group supervised exercise and group play is on record and has no info on Poppy being a chaser, otherwise we never would of let her run free, as we haven't with other dogs who's owners state either problems with recall or prey driven, after all we are based in the middle of the countryside with many diversions such as rabbits, birds, cattle etc. I feel no one has anything to reproach themselves for at Champion, I have a great team of girls who work for me and we have an unblemished reputation for the care and attention every dog/s receive in our care. I have received numerous calls and flowers from existing customers expressing their support., as they KNOW me and the way my facility is run. It seems everyone is assuming what took place here and what was put into place when Poppy dissappeared, rather than finding out the circumstances first hand. Poppy's dissapearance could have been avoided had we had the right information from Mrs Hayes on Poppy's behaviour.
- 2011-08-31 08:50 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I totally agree with your comments Suzanne, and how can she possibly say that "everyone in the area knew she was missing", when this clearly ISN'T the case as the people at the stables next door said they didn't know!!
- 2011-08-31 08:47 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Jo. A work colleague has just told me that last year there were a couple of doggie stands at the show (she thinks Battersea and someone else). I wondered if you could ask them if you can leave some fliers on their stand for people to pick up?
- 2011-08-31 07:54 suzanne
- I am sorry Jane of champion dog boarding I think that your post is to little to late - I am disgusted that a dog has been able to go missing from your establishment under any circumstances and I am one of the many out looking for Poppy on a daily basis and can only comment that I have not come accross you or anyone else from your establishment out looking for poppy. I can understand your wanting to post for damage limitation to your buisiness but feel that you should stand up and be counted - you are responsible and in my opinion should be making a huge effort to find her.
- 2011-08-31 07:46 Jo
- I spent dinner time yesterday thinking that perhaps I had not tried hard enough to get the Bucks Show to help, a feeling that you always have - just one more field to walk, just one more poster. I therefore sent them an email explaining the situation and that she was lost near farmland, we need a really wide audience for Poppy's story, so that she can be returned to us. I requested that today they reconsider their previous answer as we want her home. I attached a link to the newspaper story and to Poppy's poster. I am hoping for a bit of luck and that they will now say yes. I have my space at the photocopier at Staples reserveed!
- 2011-08-31 07:36 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Just had an idea but not sure if you've enough time to sort it out before tomorrow's Bucks County Show - how about getting t shirts printed up with Poppy's poster and wearing them at the show?? Get as many friends/family involved as possible. Also, I would absolutely plaster your car with posters to attract attention to it - maybe even attach one of those plastic wallets to a window with some fliers inside and a note asking people to take one? (not too sure if the show organisers would let you get away with the latter though) x
- 2011-08-31 00:11 Ellen
- Hi Jo..... Just to let you know that I have Poppy's picture on my front Reception desk in my salon (4beauty, Whitchurch) and have done since we spoke on the phone last Wednesday. Every single client sees it and asks about her if they don't already know her story. Keep going Jo, it's so important to keep this at the front of everyone's mind. If there is anything else that would help just ask!!!
- 2011-08-30 20:49 Jane
- Continued.....We continue looking for Poppy on a daily basis as we have always done.
- 2011-08-30 20:29 Jane
- The fencing is always checked on a regular basis, there is always a problem with the wildlife and the hole that Poppy got through was checked by the licensing officer and agreed there was no way we could have seen it. We tried to keep Jo Hayes informed as much as possible by text as they were still in America for three weeks and everything we could do to find Poppy was put into place. Everyone in the area was aware she had gone missing. This is the first time in four years since I opened Champions that something like this has happened and we are all extremely saddened by it. This was a situation that could not have been prevented. We all are wishing Poppy's safe return and our thoughts have always been with Mr & Mrs Hayes and their family.
- 2011-08-30 20:12 Jane
- continued....I called and called to her but she just kept going. My husband got the rest of the dogs back inside while I stayed trying to untie the gates towards the back of the field to go after her, by the time I got out I could no longer see her. She had been heading across the field to the Watermead direction.
We continued to search all through the night taking it in turns so as one of us would be at the premises incase she returned. The building was lit all through the night and I left my own dogs out wandering through the night hoping they may entise her back. Sadly she did not return. We had no sleep for four days and nights continually searching. Every customer who has boarded their dog with us has to fill in a boarding form which asks if they are happy for their dog to have group play which they have to sign, normally if there is a problem with recall the owners will put that on the form and we would therefore lead walk only. Unfortunately, this was not made aware to us. Continued....
- 2011-08-30 19:52 Jane
- Dear 'Poppy Well-Wishers'My Name is Jane the proprietor of Champion Dog Boarding.
I just feel I need to clarify the circumstances in which Poppy went missing from our premises. On the evening of 29th July at 9.30pm, we were doing the normal let outs for the dogs before bedding them down at 10.30pm. Poppy and her group were playing until they saw a rabbit run from one side of the field to the other, they all gave chase. We called to them and they all returned apart from Poppy. I could see her pushing into the hedge, so ran across to her all the time calling her back, but she did not return. By the time I got to her she had already pushed through a hole under the fencing, between the two hedges which had been dug through by rabbits.A
- 2011-08-30 18:45 callypepps
- i think that is so mean not allowing you to put posters up at show, would have thought 1 at each entrance/exit would have been ok, its not like your selling anything, and its likely that many of the local farmers from surrounding farms, will be there.Maybe mix96 would help as they are there on the day (nathan cooper i think). and can you not put one of your posters on a
piece of wood, into the ground near the entrances, if its not in the actual grounds, should be ok..its only for 1 day after all.
- 2011-08-30 18:12 Millie and Pippa
- Hi Jo,
I live on Watermead, my house backs onto the fields behind Bierton. I frequently look out of my window just willing Poppy to appear there.
Word is out with all my fellow Watermead dog-owning residents, we are all upset for you and you have our full support. I have put up more posters particularly where walkers cut through to go into the fields. What about contacting Mix 96 (if you havent done so already)?
Please let me know if there is anything in particular you would like me to do to help.
Liz Last edited: 2011-08-30 18:14:45 by Millie and Pippa
- 2011-08-30 17:49 Jo
- I checked the roads on Sunday near the showground looking for suitable telegraph poles or trees ready for the waiting traffic - just in case they said no. There was only one for a whole stretch of road and that already had a Poppy poster on it. Susan has already put up a poster for the traffic at the watermead lights.
- 2011-08-30 16:20 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- That's a real shame - would have been a good opportunity of spreading the word even further. I don't suppose they could do anything if the approach roads were plastered with posters though?
- 2011-08-30 11:12 Jo
- I have had a reply today from the Bucks Show and they will not allow any posters or leaflets being put up or given out. So if you are going to the show and have a spare poster please pop it in your car for all to see. Many Thanks.
- 2011-08-29 14:41 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- So sorry you haven't had any sightings. If someone does have her they will have to wait for things to quieten down before they venture out with her as she is so well known in the area. They can't hide her forever though and the best gift you ever gave Poppy though was her microchip - that will get her home where she belongs eventually. Are you still going to the Bucks County Show on Thursday?
- 2011-08-29 12:26 Newfieswim
- So very sorry she’s still missing, I keep checking in hoping for good news. I live in London but have put a poster in my practice in Aylesbury and one in the coffee shop next door, so many people have heard about her. Have alerted a local trainer and my friend who lives in Bierton is keeping a look out every day when she walks her two dogs, she’s also spreading the word at her agility club. I hope you get some good news soon, keep positive x.
- 2011-08-29 08:17 Jo
- I did my usual yesterday, postering and talking to as many people as possible. I always do my journey via the large pet store and hand out leaflets. There was not a single person that I spoke to on my trip that had not already known about Poppy's loss, either through the advertising or the article in the Bucks Herald. I do feel that if she is seen I will be called. If someone has her I think that they are going to keep her.
- 2011-08-28 12:06 Jo
- I am starting to doubt that the sightings were Poppy, that would have been the only sightings in the 2 1/2 weeks that she had been lost and then nothing since then, and now it is over 4 weeks with only that one sighting. I do have leaflets, the man at Staples now takes pity on me and bulk cuts them rather than me stand there with my scissors. I am at a bit of a loss where to poster and where to leaflet so just trying anywhere that Poppy might have got to or been picked up from.
Forgot to thank Callypepps for letting the National Trust know, I would not have thought of that.Last edited: 2011-08-28 12:08:07 by Jo
- 2011-08-28 10:56 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I'm beginning to wonder if she's been taken in by someone who hasn't seen the posters (like an old person who can't get out). I know it would be a mammoth task, but how about putting fliers through people's doors in the area where she was seen? Admin can make these up for you - you basically get about 4 to an A4 piece of paper. Perhaps local paperboy/girl could be asked to deliver with the newspapers for a small reward?
- 2011-08-28 09:26 Jo
- No news, so today it will be more postering and walking.
- 2011-08-26 14:09 callypepps
- we all desparately want you back home Poppy. have just phoned national trust office in wing with details,the lady will contact farmers in the area to be on look out. have given her yr home no. Jo, and my email address, just in case. Lovely lady, whose mother also owns a cocker !!
more posters going out xx
- 2011-08-26 08:43 Jo
- Missing one month today.
I can't find you if you dont't show yourself. Jo
- 2011-08-26 01:49 scootjockey
- Stay safe little darling. xxx
- 2011-08-24 20:00 Jo
- Thank you to Callypepps and Susan for helping me put more posters out with an updated picture. I have stopped and spoken to people who are aware, also the salon near Horse and Jockey were very kind and very aware and had been looking, they now have a poster in the window. I went along to the obedience class in Bierton with posters and flyers. I thought today I would get a call with her being handed in, it looks as if this will not be the case and the searching will continue. Jo
- 2011-08-24 13:15 callypepps
- have just read article in herald, kennels say they put fliers in watermead,..cant be many nobody i spoke to had one.
would have thought their immediate neighbours would have been their first call!!!especially being surrounded by so much land, total lack of commitment on kennels part. Had they contacted local landowners immediately, Poppy would be home by now, but propertly surpervised,Poppy would not have got away in the first place !!! Its disgusting !!!
but our search will go on.
- 2011-08-24 10:26 Jo
Link for Bucks Herald.
- 2011-08-24 10:19 Jo
- I assume that this was a call because of the paper. We do have posters all along Bierton, Watermead and Elmhurst. I have spoken to as many people as I can on my travels as have our 'searchers', posters have also been given to some of the remote farmhouses. On our return from holiday we were the ones that contacted the neighbours of the kennels but because of the location it makes difficult tracking down who owns what. I am very please that they are now aware and looking. I will get some more posters out. I am also aware that people are very busy and do not look beyond what they are doing and therefore do not see or properly read the poster - I had a call this week from someone saying that they had seen my poster for the Boarding Kennels and what was the daily rate!
Council have just called back to say that the street cleaners have not found Poppy.Last edited: 2011-08-24 11:30:50 by Jo
- 2011-08-24 10:11 B30
- Poppy is advertised in the Countryman's Weekly magazine today. I hope it brings some news.
- 2011-08-24 09:59 Angus - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Milton Keynes
- I had a call from a local land owner who borders the kennels - they had not seen any posters in the immediate vicinity and were very surprised that the kennels or searches had not visited them to check outbuilding etc, they are now on the look out and are dog owners themselves but have suggested that the farm lanes and areas directly around the kennels need much heavier postering. The main road is a terrible worry there so hard as it is the street cleansing people need to be made aware.
- 2011-08-24 08:25 Jo
- Article is in the Bucks Herald today page 3. I can not believe that the reporter got the website address wrong - I even put it in an email! Not too sure on the accuracy of the events as reported. But I am, as reported, amazed by the support and help being given by everyone who has been searching. Lets hope that someone sees her picture in the paper and this brings her home.
- 2011-08-23 21:14 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Any idea if the Herald will be printing Poppy's story this week? The extra photo of her is gorgeous - praying you get some news or a sighting soon x
- 2011-08-23 09:40 Jo
- No luck at the stables, even the fish is still there. I have bought Poppy's bed home again.
I have been planning to go to the Bucks show with my leaflets, but as you said hopefully I will not need to.
- 2011-08-23 08:32 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Jo. I forgot to mention it yesterday, but were you aware that Bucks County Show is on Thursday 1st September at Weedon Park? It would be a fantastic opportunity to spread the word even more (although hopefully Poppy will be home before then!) Fliers could be handed out at the show or put on windscreens in the carpark (might need to check with organisers first if this is ok). If you ring or email admin they can make these up for you. If I can get the day off work I will go along to help hand them out. Alison x
- 2011-08-22 19:10 Jo
- B'n'O mum, thank you for your continued advice and support. I like the idea of a BBQ but I think that Poppy had not been at the stables for a while, once there is another sighting perhaps this would be the best time to do it.
The Bucks Herald have been interested in the story since last week, I felt it only fair that the kennels were contacted directly by the reporter without hearing first on here that they are covering the story. One of the things that I have requested the paper covers is the immense support we have been given by those people searching, postering and walking and talking getting Poppy's story to the locals in the area. Hopefully the article will convey how much we appreciate everyone's help. JoLast edited: 2011-08-23 07:34:47 by Jo
- 2011-08-22 17:56 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I have put Poppy's details on our electronic notice board at work, which can be accessed by all members of the council, not just in Aylesbury, but also High Wycombe, Amersham and all the satellite offices across the county. Really hope you get another sighting soon - please take the suggestion of the barbecue seriously - it's been known to work in numerous cases and as a dogs nose is so much more sensitive than ours, the aroma can be picked up from quite a distance x
- 2011-08-22 15:24 Mal
- Hoping you get that sighting soon as you are working so hard.We are thinking about poppy all the time and wish you luck.
- 2011-08-22 12:38 Jo
- Thanks you for the offer of helping with the reward - you know who you are. We have it covered but I am really touched that you would make such a generous offer. Jo
- 2011-08-22 12:37 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- How about asking the people up at the stables (or anywhere else you think is suitable) if you can set up a portable barbecue near by? The aroma of tasty sausages might be enough to lure her out of hiding. Are there any laybys in the area with those portable food trailers? She could be hanging around nearby or even being fed by someone....Like callypepps, I think an article in the Herald might help too xLast edited: 2011-08-22 12:38:14 by Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- 2011-08-22 10:22 Jo
- No luck with Poppy's bed and the food that I left. I will try for a few days but then bring her bed home.
Random walking seems to be best as I really do not have a clue where Poppy could be now.
- 2011-08-22 09:10 suzanne
- Hi Jo
I have been away in Dorset over the weekend but thinking of Poppy. I am so sorry that there have been no further sightings yet, I was hoping to read some good news on my return. I have been out again in the Elmhurst - Watermead area this morning and will go out looking again. Is there anywhere in particular that you would like me to concentrate my efforts (I know that it is difficult but if you want me to go anywhere in particular just let me know I have a car so I can go further afield if you want me to) otherwise I will just keep taking random walks (which I must admit Daisy has really been enjoying). I am on leave this week so can go out at different times of the day, as well as mornings and evenings so If you think of anything that I can do to help other than walking generally please let me know.
- 2011-08-21 21:26 callypepps
- you deserve some luck, offers there for tomorrow if you want to go for a treck across fields. Can you not get the herald to do an article for you to raise awareness, may reach places we can't xx
- 2011-08-21 19:25 Jo
- Callypepps thanks for posts and texts. I will post tomorrow if the bed has been slept in. Going up soon just to check it out for tonight. I think that although poppy was there she might have now gone, there would be no reason for her over the longer period not to have returned to the kennels so I really think that she has moved on. I hope not, we could do with a bit of luck.
- 2011-08-21 18:55 callypepps
- can also help in the morning if you want help to search from stables across land as far as we can get,.. are there any posters outwards towards wing (think thats the next village x
- 2011-08-21 17:41 callypepps
- surely the kenells should have notifyed them as soon as...
again valuble time lost,if you need any help looking Jo, let me know and i will come up there as well. thinking of you x
- 2011-08-21 12:53 Jo
- I had a call this morning from the stables next to the kennels to say that they had been away for the last week and just found out that Poppy is missing. She said that she had been picking up a lot of 'mess' recently more than usually left by the foxes. We went to the stables and it does look as if a dog has been there but it might have been some time ago, it is not on a dog walking trail and is well fenced with a few gaps. I have left Poppy's bed and a small scent trail as well as some fish. Going back later tonight.
- 2011-08-20 22:21 Jo
- I have covered some but not all of the suggestions mentioned in your post over the past few weeks. I will get on the others in the morning. Thanks for the advice. Jo
- 2011-08-20 21:47 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Jo. It's more than likely that she is moving around at dawn and dusk and laying low during the day. This is quite common for dogs on the loose, as I think I mentioned in an earlier post. I've been a helper on here for a few years now and have read of countless night time stake outs by owners! Have you advised local taxi firms, police, ambulance, local fire station, milkmen, paper boys/girls and pizza deliveries and anyone else you can think of that's out and about at those times?
- 2011-08-20 20:14 Jo
- Thank you for looking again. No sighting anywhere- what is going on? With the amount of people keeping an eye out and looking for her I did expect at least a sighting somewhere. I have my emergency dog kit ready in the car, scent, spray bottle, white bread, tin of smelly fish and a lead. Let's hope it all gets used tomorrow. Jo
- 2011-08-20 15:32 callypepps
- have been out for over 3hrs this am, walked across fields to less than half mile from kenells. spoke to owner of fields that back onto the fields owned by guy that backs onto kennels. He himself has a male cocker spaniel, and has walked alot looking, evrybody, and all landowners are well aware in that area, infact they have had a few people ask about their own dog, (a male though) evrybody is looking daily for you Jo. You have so much support out there. So hope that Poppys chip will bring her home x
- 2011-08-19 21:59 callypepps
- hi jo, sorry there was no luck tonight, i will be off there walking again in the morning at 10am weather permitting, and we will walk for a couple of hours, as you saw so so many fields,... we have put posters through the door of the farmhouses at the end of the track, but knowing which field to take is baffling, if only we knew which field poppy took and which way..? tomorrow we will take a differnt route through different fields xx
- 2011-08-19 20:33 Jo
- Callypepps, great to finally talk, directions to the broad beans was perfect. No sign of Poppy or that she had been there. There are so many fields in that area it is quite depressing to think that she might be out there on her own somewhere.
On our trek we heard someone else calling Poppy's name - thank you to who ever that was.
Suzanne, thank you for your continued support, you must be so fit with the amount of walking that you are doing. Thanks for passing on Poppy's info.Last edited: 2011-08-19 20:40:52 by Jo
- 2011-08-19 20:11 suzanne
- Hi Jo, I just wanted to let you know that we are still looking. We have been out again this morning about 7.30am and about 4pm this evening, we have checked all around the park area where we met you and neighbouring fields, we drove through the watermead estate and we also parked the car in Bierton and had a long walk accross the fields out that way. I really hope that poppy is found soon.
I have spoken to my sister today she works at the Barber shop on Broughton and will tell all of her customers about Poppy tomorrow, she also walks her dogs accross the fields at the back of Broughton towards Beirton so will keep a look out and inform other dog walkers out that way.
- 2011-08-19 18:57 Jo
- I do not know where I have covered, I have always started at the same point, the park near where she was spotted.
Poppy is a chaser like most Cockers,
*** Your comment about broad beans,this is one of Poppy's favorite foods, she can pick the pods and take the beans out! If anyone sees signs of a pile of open pods this could be Poppy. Jo
- 2011-08-19 15:18 Jo
- Thank you to Susan for your walking and postering and texting me with updates. Thanks also to Louise for the text advice.
Two more dog loving strangers, I have great appreciation for the trouble you are taking looking for Poppy.
- 2011-08-19 14:31 callypepps
- i know its so difficult, as the fields go on for miles,i will try again to walk them tomorrow, checking for any rabbit burrows or badger sets,(does poppy have a chase instinct?) it is like looking for a needle in a haystack, but we have to keep trying for you. where did you start your walks from, and get to? There are a few fields full of broad beans, do yo think poppy would have gone through them, or kept to the edge ?
- 2011-08-19 13:24 Jo
- I have travelled the area round and round so all posters are ok and visable. I have also walked for miles over fields and back again. No sign at all of Poppy.
- 2011-08-19 13:01 callypepps
- we need to make sure that all the posters are still in tact as well.
jo, have you walked accross the fields starting at the kennels where she got out, is it possible?, just in case she is stuck in the fields somewhere, i,m hoping that the kennels would have doen this too, but might be worth another go, perhaps with as many people as poss. Bit of a long shot, but worth another try maybe ??..just in case she is stuck ??
- 2011-08-19 12:50 Jo
- Another morning of walking, talking and postering. No sightings.
- 2011-08-18 21:13 Jo
- Hampered by the rain today, not only will the scenting have washed away Poppy really hates the rain.
Suzanne it was great to meet you and your daughter whilst we were all out hunting for Poppy, I find it amazing that you would put yourselves to such trouble. Thank you again.
We need another sighting. Was she set free yesterday as there was so many more posters and she just ran for it and has kept going or is she in that area. I am concerned as yesterday was the first sighting after over 2 weeks missing. If she is sighted again I would like to take you all up on the offer of a mass hunt.
- 2011-08-18 20:41 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I don't suppose she has a favourite squeaky toy does she? Just thought that if she heard it she might come out of hiding x
- 2011-08-18 20:39 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- It wouldn't be a problem at all for me to come over - just want to see her home with you. Like Ruth, I'd like to think that someone might help me out oneday if either of mine went missing. If Poppy is anything like my cocker Barney, she'll be sheltering somewhere warm and dry if it's raining though.
- 2011-08-18 18:49 Jo
- Suzanne - thank you to you both. I want good news not just for us as a family but also for everyone out there who has spent time looking for Poppy.
The man said he had just seen the dog on the poster run across the road. Long black hair. The girls just described the dog running over the road, I then described Poppy the girls confirmed, little black with long hair. The collar was not mentioned.Last edited: 2011-08-18 18:52:35 by Jo
- 2011-08-18 18:31 callypepps
- jo, did the guys yesterday give you much info, re was the dog wearing a collar,etc
- 2011-08-18 18:00 Ruth
- Jo, I too would be happy to come and join in if you could organise a large search party. I'd like to think that other people would help me if either of my boys went missing. I'm near HW too and don't really know the area but the offer is there x
- 2011-08-18 17:48 suzanne
- I really hope that you find Poppy soon
My daughter and I have been out looking for Poppy with our Golden cocker spaniel (we were out at about 9.30pm last night after we saw the posting about the possible sighting, and have been again 8.30 am and about 4pm this evening) we have walked the area around elmhurst, the park, the fields and through the allotments in Bierton)have not seen her but will keep looking.
- 2011-08-18 17:24 Jo
- It is bin day today and in my very wet state this morning I gave the bin men the poster, who said that they would keep and eye out, although they did also say that they had seen the poster a lot already. The built up area is also backing onto lakes and overgrown grassed areas, parks and walkways so it will just be a case of walking and walking, it would be much more pleasurable if she was by my side. Friends that have dogs have offered to walk in that area for a while. Our local dog groomer is contacting her customers in that area to help look. Some of the dog walkers yesterday said they would take out an etra lead 'just in case'. Barney 'n'Ozzie's mum many thanks for the offer but I could not ask that of you (you live near HW?). I hope that the posters, the scenting, the extra dog walkers and my positive thoughts will work. Many thanks again to all.
- 2011-08-18 16:59 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Just had a look at googlemap with streetview and can see it is rather built up. Some other 'favourite' places for dogs to be holed up in when on the loose are cemeteries and school grounds (especially in the holidays as nice and quiet). Make sure you have posters displayed on lamp posts at busy road junctions and traffic lights to give passing traffic chance to see them. Are you able to organise a large search party to check out the area? I might be able to help out at the weekend if needed x
- 2011-08-18 16:50 Reynard - Area Volunteer, Wiltshire
- That is encouraging Jo , keep looking and scenting ,,,Good luck!
- 2011-08-18 16:48 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Jo - ia it a built up area where the sighting was? Wondered if she could be hiding in someone's garden or a disused garage or aomething? If it's a housing estate, perhaps you could ask local paperboy/girl and postie to look out for her?
- 2011-08-18 15:02 Jo
- Confirmed that the dog found was not the same dog as the one seen on the Elmhurst Road. It must have been Poppy running across that road.
- 2011-08-18 13:47 Jo
- I have check the bed this morning and it has not been slept in. Walked around in the rain with my scent and my posters. Jo
- 2011-08-18 07:19 Reynard - Area Volunteer, Wiltshire
- Fingers crossed Jo xxx
- 2011-08-17 21:15 Jo
- I have scented the area in a circle in a park where the dog was seen. From Elmhurst road to the park. Postered but mostly talked to everyone in the area, the dentist, the pub on Elmhurst, lloyds, pubs in watermead, vets, every man woman and child who was in the street, cars, stopped the local buses to talk to the drivers and passengers. I had an amazing young man called Jordan who hearing our story guided us on the most probable route the dog could have gone. He must have spent over 2 hours with us and then went out looking on his own as did his Mum. I can not stress how many
fantastic people I have met on this journey of dog loss.
Sorry I did not answer the posts but I was out walking and scenting, I think that we were both out at the same time! So many people in the area know of our loss I hope to have some good news soon - PLEASE.
- 2011-08-17 21:09 callypepps
- no luck, just got back in, put up more posters, although there are quite a few out there now. you have my number there jo, if you need me tomorrow, i can be there x
- 2011-08-17 21:04 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Jo - just incase callypepps doesn't manage to see her tonight, can you get over there at dawn tomorrow? Most dogs on the loose move around at dawn and dusk as it's quieter then. If not, perhaps the estate has a milkman who could look out for her? Dustbin men are worth asking as well. Are there any shops on the estate that have bins out the back that she could be scavenging in?
- 2011-08-17 21:00 buffysmum
- Got fingers crossed that Poppy is back home soon.
- 2011-08-17 20:37 Reynard - Area Volunteer, Wiltshire
- Oh Good luck!!
Come on Poppy show yourself ,,,please!
- 2011-08-17 19:22 callypepps
- ill take my spare phone with me 07944271083 x
- 2011-08-17 19:22 callypepps
- im just going out to that area to have a look now xx
- 2011-08-17 19:16 callypepps
- hi jo,just got the message
where do you want me to look,
- 2011-08-17 19:15 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Really hope this is Poppy!! I am about 45 minutes away, so would probably be dark by time I could get over there. If it's Poppy she will be hungry, so have some nice smelly pilchards or sausages with you to entice her. Try not to panic her either - she's quite likely to run away from you, so get as low to the ground as possible and hopefully curiosity will get the better of her. Good luck xx
- 2011-08-17 17:49 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Scenting instructions given...
- 2011-08-17 17:31 Jo
- CALLYPEPPS I NEED YOU. - long haired black dog spotted twice at about 3pm crossing Elmhurst Road near the Dairy Maid heading towards Cleveland Park back of Watermead. We were in the estate opposite and stopped by a car to let us know. Story verified by some children we later met near Cleveland Park. A dog had been found the othersidr of Aylesbury at about the same time. Short haired and found at Elm Farm- not Poppy - but I also think not the same as the dog on Elmhurst Road, timings don't work and going in the wrong direction. Need your help - please.
- 2011-08-17 17:15 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Any news Jo?
- 2011-08-17 13:25 lilysky
- Fingers crossed for you, my dog was found on Monday after five days missing, so i know what your going through.....
- 2011-08-16 14:44 B30
- Poppy's details and photo have been sent to The Countryman's Weekly magazine and are due to be published on 24 August. I hope she'll be found by then but if not it will get her nationwide coverage
- 2011-08-16 13:33 buffysmum
- Jo I do hope Poppy is one of the featured dogs on 'This Morning'. You are doing a really good job and keeping Poppy in everyones minds is the way forward. I wished I lived nearer - have 3 cockers myself and would be absolutely beside myself if this happened to them. Fingers crossed.
- 2011-08-15 23:39 Jo
- I have sent an email to This Morning, ever hopeful that they will feature Poppy.
- 2011-08-15 22:04 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- This Morning
On tomorrow’s show, we’ll be attempting to reunite lost pets with their owners. If you would like to have your missing pet featured on the show, email a picture along with a description to email@example.com
Jo - just seen this on Facebook page for another dog I'm trying to help find. Might be a great opportunity for Poppy too? Have emailed this page to them - hope you don't mind?
- 2011-08-15 18:52 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Just a thought Jo - how about asking if you can display some posters at the bus and train stations in Aylesbury? They need to be displayed at places that attract LOTS of people to help spread the word even further, so supermarkets, car boots and multi storey carparks would be good places too x
- 2011-08-15 18:48 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I totally agree with you callypepps. If Poppy is insured the policy might well cover advertising costs - but quite frankly I feel these should be met by the kennels!! A news article would definetely stand out more and if we had a bit more info from the kennels on the actual circumstances it would certainly help as well. I have a feeling she must have been picked up as there have been no sightings. Will continue to spread the word at work as many of my colleagues travel all over the county. Alison x
- 2011-08-15 18:33 Jo
- Thank you again to you both, this has been much easier with you to help. I have contacted riding stables and continue to call around. With regard to the kennels - my thoughts are solely concerned with getting Poppy back and all my energy is on that at the moment. I intend to leave reviews on the websites but whilst there is still so much emotion about the incident I do not think that it would be wise to do so! Many many thanks again. Jo
- 2011-08-15 16:41 callypepps
- the Kennels lost you 3 valuable days, can they not be a bit more precise with their info, buckingham rd,?? didnt think that was near the kennels. How long b4 they noticed Poppy missing,did they chase after her? where there more staff to help, they should be really making a lot more of an effort to help out here. Poppy deserves better. i will put more posters around tomorrow,but please think about a news article in the herald, people read the news, but not always the small adds for lost and found. It might just jog somebodies memory.also when your up to it, a review on the kennel, and its not a case of trying to hurt their reputation, (they have done that themselves) but so others can make an inmformed choice, and to ensure this never happens to any other dog in their care. Keep your chin up, and the search still goes on. x
- 2011-08-15 12:35 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Have displayed some posters in council offices at Amersham and sent some across to colleagues in council offices in Aylesbury. Are there any riding stables in the area? If so, they would be worth notifying as they can get to places that cars can't and might spot her if she's hiding up somewhere. Really hope you get some good news soon x
- 2011-08-15 01:49 Jo
- She was headed towards Buckingham Road across the fields. It could have been anytime on the Friday 29th. I really don't know as she had already been missing 3 days before we knew, i did not think to ask. Thanks for your continued interest and the time that you are spending helping us. Jo
- 2011-08-14 19:29 callypepps
- so sad that she is not home for her birthday. Come on Poppy, be found!!! where bouts did she head from the kennels, was it from their fields and across joining fields, did they have any idea which way she headed, and what time of day roughly?
- 2011-08-14 18:13 Jo
- Today is Poppy's 6th birthday, hoping to have her back soon.
- 2011-08-14 01:37 Jo
- Thank you for putting up more posters. I really appreciate all of the help that is being given. The one positive thing that has come out of this is the exceptional people that I have been in contact with either through this website or via emails and calls. Jo
- 2011-08-13 22:44 callypepps
- have taken out few more posters today, and left near dog walking areas in Bierton, and in a remote farmhouse in midst of fields. Have you tried to get media help on this, maybe radio, and bbc south today, that would cover a few more counties, if they would do it for you! thinking of you x
- 2011-08-12 14:24 Jo
- Thanks to everyone who is stll looking and putting posters up. We have no good news to share. Missing 2 weeks today. Jo
- 2011-08-12 12:54 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I am certainly not trying to destroy the reputation of the kennels! But remember, three dogs escaped, not just one, so this must be stopped from happening again. Also, they didn't report the incident to the council and haven't exactly been forthcoming in offering Jo and her family any help.
- 2011-08-12 10:20 suz
- I'm so sorry to hear that poppy has not yet been found. Jo, you quite rightly feel angry with the kennels, however please can the helpers try to remember that we are here to help find poppy and not destroy the reputation of a kennels. Please let Jo deal with that side of things whilst we concentrate our efforts on spreading the word about missing poppy.
- 2011-08-12 07:18 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Any traveller sites out that way Jo? Fingers crossed you get a call from the newspaper article x
- 2011-08-12 00:17 Jo
- Everybody has been so kind, thank you so much for your help. I have contacted the golf course and asked them to look in their outbuildings etc. I too have done a google map of the area and then contacted everyone possible. I do feel that she would have headed for lights so with the fact that there have been no sighting, I assume that she has been taken in.
- 2011-08-11 19:07 Ruth
- Although I'm not in Aylesbury I'm not too far away, and tend to walk Princes Risborough, Thame area. For the next 3 weeks I have extra dogs and will be doing at least 3 or 4 walks a day. I'm going to put a poster in my car window, so when I'm parked in dog walking spots people will see it. I'll try and venture more into the Aylesbury are a when I have time too, and poster where I can x
- 2011-08-11 18:48 callypepps
- i live in watermead, and today have been walking over the fields towards bierton, but they go on forever,kept looing our for her but no joy, and where there is stuff growing in the fields, its hard to see through. We do already have a poster up in the vets at watermead, but a few more wouldnt go amiss.
there is also a farm house way over the back of the fields, i will try and put a leaflet through their door saturday.
praying little Poppy is safe, and has food and water somewhere. Stay strong Jo x
- 2011-08-11 18:05 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Just been having a look at a map of the area where Poppy went missing. It looks like Aylesbury Golf Centre isn't too far away. They would definetely be worth asking to display a poster or two (in the past one or two dogs on here have been found on golf courses - nice and quiet for them). She might have gone across fields towards Watermead, so would also be worth putting fliers thru doors or a few posters on lamp posts there. Dogs on the loose often stay near a water supply, so anywhere else you can think of where there is water aswell. Incase she heads back towards the kennels, it might also be worth leaving an item of clothing with your scent on by the fence where she escaped - it's the very least they can do for you!!
- 2011-08-11 17:46 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Can't say I'm suprised the kennels have kept quiet about it! I bet they've repaired the fence too (well let's hope they have anyway!!)! As there haven't been any sightings I would guess that Poppy has been picked up so you neeed to make her TOO HOT TO HANDLE. Hundreds of posters are what's called for. Do you have any car boots going on this weekend where you could put fliers on windscreens? Supermarkets, local sorting office, bin men, pet shops, dog grooming parlours, taxi firms are but a few places to make a start. Will do what I can over Wycombe way and will put the word around work when back there on Monday. Hoping you get some news soon xx
- 2011-08-11 15:46 Jo
- Thanks so much again to everyone. I have just spoken to Mrs Collins and she stated that she was aware as of this morning as a someone showed her the Bucks Herald. It is a condition of the kennel licence that she be told by the kennel of any incidents like this, obviously in this case that did not happen, she was very helpful. I have called far and wide knowing that Poppy might now be out of
the county. Still no sightings - but still hopeful.
- 2011-08-11 15:13 Reynard - Area Volunteer, Wiltshire
- Thanks everyone for your help x
- 2011-08-11 14:30 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Thanks Ruth. Jo - I have found out that the person who deals with the licences is a Mrs Collins in the Environmental Health Dept (Aylesbury Vale switchboard no is 01296 585858). I haven't taken it any further than that as not sure what you want to do. If you'd like me to get involved further, just leave a post on here. Thanks, Alison x
- 2011-08-11 11:16 Ruth
- Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum ..... Yes the kennels would have to have been inspected by the council before they were issued a licence. I'm a home boarder in the Wycombe District and I had to be inspected and licensed for that - I have just checked on Aylesbury Vale council, and they have the same policy.
- 2011-08-11 10:54 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Jo, have you thought about setting up a Facebook page for Poppy? This would really help spread the word. Also, you might want to consider widening your area as far as notifying vets/rescues is concerned as she could have been picked up and taken out of the area x
- 2011-08-11 10:52 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Haven't been able to do anything on the work front as I've been off sick all week, but was just wondering if kennels have to be inspected by anyone, i.e. local council/RSPCA, to confirm that meet safety/security standards, etc, etc ? Was just thinking that someone needs to be informed if this is the case as their security is clearly lacking and their attitude absolutely stinks!!
- 2011-08-11 09:58 callypepps
- just to add, have you contacted mix 96. they are usually very good at putting out appeals for lost animials, and reach a greater audience x
- 2011-08-11 09:54 callypepps
- so sorry to hear about Poppy, our dogs are going into these kennells soon, and although we have used them b4, and thought they were great, this is really worrying.How can they not have secure fencing!! Will keep a look out, we are in hp19, and if you need any help, please let me know.
- 2011-08-10 16:03 Reynard - Area Volunteer, Wiltshire
- I see Jo I expect you will be pressing them for some answers,,,,,,,,,,,,no sightings and she has not yet made her way home its possible I suppose as someone may have picked her up (its an offence not to report a stray dog to the Dog Warden),,,,,,,,,,I will bump her page as she is in the media and lets hope someone comes forward with some information for you Jo x
- 2011-08-10 14:42 Jo
- In answer to the questions. Poppy is used to kennels. I do not believe that she would be able to get home from where she was lost. Today an ad has gone in the Bucks Herald, I have been waiting for the call - but that has not yet happened. We do not feel that the kennels have done enough but they did state on the Tuesday after Poppy went missing and in reply to our questions, have you contacted farms, vets and put up posters. "...... This is a busy time with the business as we are still having to see to other people's dogs". We did comment that we felt that this was an insensitive comment we were then told that they were doing everything possible and that their thoughts were with us.
The kennels had been recommend and I had looked at reviews and we did a run up to have a look at them.
Thank you to everyone who keeps looking for Poppy and sending messages. A massive thanks to the doglost team - this site has been a fantastic help and support. Jo
- 2011-08-09 21:45 Reynard - Area Volunteer, Wiltshire
- Jo, do we know for sure this is what happen? if Poppy was really friendly maybe there would have been a sighting by now? what is their security like? Has she been in kennels before, is she the type to just run off at the first opportunity and then keep running? Can she get home from there?
I am sure you know that Postering is so important the area needs to be flodded with posters.
Good Luck! xLast edited: 2011-08-10 08:03:38 by Reynard - Area Volunteer, Wiltshire
- 2011-08-09 19:34 buffysmum
- The kennels should be at the forefront in searching for Poppy. Speak to your local paper maybe they will do a small article for you. The kennels must have insurance so you make sure they pay for all advertising etc. Am sure B&O's mum will be active regarding the reputation of the kennels. Keep the faith Jo cos Poppy needs you to. Stay strong.
- 2011-08-09 15:28 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Are the kennels actually doing anything to help? They should be out there searching for Poppy and paying for adverts in the paper, etc. I will certainly never use them and will pass the word around work (I work for local council and have many colleagues all over Bucks!!)Last edited: 2011-08-09 15:29:05 by Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- 2011-08-09 13:30 bazil
- I too am appalled that you were not contacted immediately, valuable time wasted when people could have been out there asap to look for her. If it rural where Poppy went missing check all barns, unused buildings etc give posters/fliers to farmers in the area too. Good luck xx
- 2011-08-09 08:16 Ruth
- It's bad enough that they allowed three unrelated dogs (presumably the other two weren't yours)to free run together, that they were able to get under the fence and escape ............. but I'm aghast that they did not inform you immediately. Even if you weren't able to get back, I'm sure you could have rallied friends/relatives to help in the search ................ or did they just hope that they would have found her before you returned :(
Will be postering around the Princes Risborough, Thame area for you when I'm out walking. Keep positive x
- 2011-08-09 01:27 scootjockey
- Really sorry Poppys missing and its so tragic hinderd more as you wernt aware immediately.Hoping she s found soon. Posters will give Poppie a chance to get back home. Best wishes Tays mum Gail.xxx
- 2011-08-08 17:18 Jo
- I have spent today calling dog groomers, as well as kennels and vets further away. Next time your dogs need a groom please mention Poppy. If someone has her she will need a trim soon. I keep reading the kennel website about how safe the dogs are and about peace of mind whilst on holiday- this has not been the case! Poppy and 2 other dogs escaped under a fence, the other 2 dogs returned when called but Poppy did not. This happened on Friday 29th and we were told on Monday 1st that she was missing. I must make a special mention of thanks in the hunt to Juile Crook and also Aston Clinton Vets their help has been invaluable. Jo
- 2011-08-08 16:55 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I've just shared on FB too. Is it a rural area where she's gone missing? If so, I'd contact local farms and ask them to keep a look out and also see if they'll check barns/outbuildings to see if she's holed up in one. Expect someone has taken her in as she's so gorgeous - so you'll need to make her too hot too handle by getting up HUNDREDS of posters!! Hope she's home soon xx
- 2011-08-08 16:40 doglady
- I have also shared on FB keep up the good work don't give up scan all the free Adds as well. Fingers crossed some news soon make her hot to hot to handle.
- 2011-08-08 16:21 buffysmum
- Keep positive Jo, shes' out there somewhere. Will retweet and FB again.
- 2011-08-08 13:49 Jo
- Thank you to everyone who had viewed and posted. We still have had no sightings. We have taken all of your advice and called everyone possible. Bucks advert due in on Wed. We have been really moved by how both friends and strangers are all helping in our search - please keep looking.
Many many thanks. Jo
- 2011-08-08 08:18 AmberMarley
- Have you contacted Chiltern Rescue in Wendover?
- 2011-08-08 08:17 AmberMarley
- Live in Bierton and Facebooked friends. Will keep our eyes peeled. Hope you find her.
- 2011-08-07 22:13 Riverlady
- Have put Poppy on twitter + will circulate.
- 2011-08-07 21:59 suz
- I'm in the hp19 area so have shared on fb and will keep an eye out. Hope poppy is found soon!
- 2011-08-06 12:54 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- thanks everyone.
- 2011-08-06 11:02 Ruth
- I'm not too far from Aylesbury so have shared to my facebook page
- 2011-08-06 10:59 Ruth
- Also try Macabbee kennels in Longwick - they take in from the dog warden
- 2011-08-06 10:57 Jack
- I've posted around the posters in my village, Long Crendon.
- 2011-08-06 09:07 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- poster e mailed to helpers in HP 17,18,19,20,21,22,23.
- 2011-08-05 14:25 buffysmum
- Have FB'd and Tweeted. Hope Poppy is home very soon.
- 2011-08-04 17:29 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- RSPCA Blackberry Farm near Quainton 0300 123 0752, Stokenchurch Dog Rescue 01494 482695, Bromley Heights near Tring 01296 623885, Appledown Boarding Kennels nr Dunstable 01525 220383.
- 2011-08-04 17:12 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Forgot to ask if she knows the area and could possibly be trying to make her way home?
- 2011-08-04 17:11 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Have you notified all the local vets? Also Stokenchurch Dog Rescue, Chiltern Dog Rescue and Green Meadows Kennels in the Chalfonts. Not sure of Rescues over Aylesbury way..What about an ad in the Bucks Herald? Hope she's home soon xx
- 2011-08-04 16:48 Alison - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Text sent requesting photo.