Lost: Black With White Chest Cocker Spaniel Male In Wales (LL53)
- Dog ID 30963
- Status Lost
- Registered 11 Jul 2011
- Name SAM
- Breed Cocker Spaniel
- Gender Male
- Age Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour Black with white chest
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 01 Jul 2011
- Where Lost Aberdaron headland walking back from Porthole Meuddy / Fishermans cove, to wards Aberdaron beach.
- Lost In Region Wales
- Lost In Post Area LL53
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info 14 months old when he went missing. Would now be 28 months old. Please if anyone sees Sam,can you get in touch.He must be out there somewhere.
- Phone 1 07772633036
- Phone 2 01758 760329
- Reward? yes
- Listed By Helen
- Views 4102
- See more dogs Lost in LL53
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-05-15 22:19 Amanda
- 2013-02-07 17:06 Jojo
- 2012-10-23 08:57 Fiona
- Check out found stray id no 44269 found Middlesborough, Sam could be anywhere after this length of time.
- 2012-10-22 22:05 visionvalue
- 2012-10-17 13:40 SUSIE
- Please try this link anything is worth a try
Fingers crossed x
- 2012-09-19 09:12 jobadger
- Although I'm not based in Abersoch any longer, the girls are keeping an eye out for Sam and as ever, I hope he shows in Pwllheli (I'm still here)if someone local has taken him in. xxLast edited: 2012-09-19 09:14:23 by jobadger
- 2012-09-19 08:30 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine.
- 2012-09-08 16:53 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Black cocker spaniel with white chest for sale in private ad on preloved - might be worth Sams owner taking a look:
- 2012-08-28 12:30 bazil
- You are doing great Helen, praying your boy is found safe very soon, I will keep looking for him too on various websites x
- 2012-08-27 13:16 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Sam's poster photo now updated with two pictures, one showing him full coated and the other showing what he would look like clipped.
- 2012-08-27 11:15 Helen
- Thanks everyone who is still looking for Sam.i have been in touch with Northhumberland dog warden (the 2 kennels) yes they did have a black cocker, and it has been rehomed.they told me though he was not microchipped at all.It still was upsetting and a disappointing thinking it could of been Sam.the dog has a new home anyway....we're still looking all the time, so fingers crossed....thank you again everyone xx
- 2012-08-26 17:57 jobadger
- Hi CopperM - thanks for the suggestion but can't see his white markings - I've asked for further details - meanwhile Helen - can you take a look at found 42128 - described as no chip but it may not have been read. Does Sam have white on his chin? Thanks Sue and Barbara. This little boy has to be around somewhere. There has been no news at all down here although there have been a couple of possibles on Gumtree which I drew the owner's attention to. Last edited: 2012-08-26 18:13:36 by jobadger
- 2012-08-26 17:43 CopperM
- found 42449
- 2012-08-26 16:36 scootjockey
- Hi a male black with white flash just come onto found page it has a very short coat and dont look like Sam but if he's been groomed its certainly worth a look. Sams just adorable I pray someones been looking after him till they find you. Best wishes stolen Tays mum x
- 2012-08-26 11:41 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Thanks Sue and jobadger. x As soon as we have another photo, I'll start sharing him on Facebook
- 2012-08-26 11:29 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- jobadger, I've emailed the owner to see if they can send me another photo (without the glove so that you can see his face properly) and then I'll get him a CMW advert.
- 2012-08-26 10:22 jobadger
- This little boy has been missing for over a year now - I still keep a lookout when travelling/searching for others. May we please bump his page - perhaps there are new people on here who might have seen him. Thank you.
- 2012-08-15 21:26 bazil
- Dogs can turn up anywhere...might be worth checking this dog on here in found ID 42128. Good luck x
- 2012-03-20 21:33 jobadger
- Thanks bazil. I've texted the owner for her to take a look. Thank you for posting this. Not sure whether Sam has more white on his chest - though may just be because the other dog is a little wet. It would be nice if it were him. xx
- 2012-02-29 12:23 bazil
- There is a male cocker spaniel very much like Sam on preloved website. He is being offered for stud in the Middlebrough area.
Home > Pets and Livestock > Dogs
COCKER SPANIEL STUD DOG
£150 no offers
beautiful cocker spaniel for stud, fantastic working dog, also makes a fantastic pet a real character, been used over twenty times for stud well proven produces fantastic litters.
Click here to respond to this advert
Use the link above to contact this advertiser.
Preloved Member Since:
» About me
Middlesbrough, Cleveland, UK
Give Us A Forever Home!
If you are looking for a new pet, please remember that their future health and happiness is in your hands.
They will look to you for love, care and attention every day for many years to come. Please be sure you can provide this.
Visit our animal welfare page which contains some great tips on choosing a new pet and how to ensure they enjoy a long and happy life.
If you are buying or selling second hand, Preloved offers a great alternative to the hassle and expense of auction sites, and a friendly alternative to other more anonymous classifieds.
Find out more...
Place an Ad
Manage My Ads
View All Categories
Adverts Near You
Log In or Sign Up
Manage My Account
Safe Second Hand
Privacy and Cookies
Preloved and the heart device is a registered trademark of Moo Ltd.
Preloved, The Joy of Second Hand, Preloved People and The Second Hander are trademarks of Moo Ltd.
Copyright © 1997 - 2012 Moo Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
- 2011-09-19 20:28 bertiejess
- Again don't think it is Sam, but may be worth checking :)
- 2011-09-09 11:46 bazil
- I don't think is your Sam, but may be worth checking, just incase? He was found in York as a stray. No one came forward for him, he is microchipped now, SYESSR may have chipped him. Here is the link below x
- 2011-09-02 22:44 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Any news?
- 2011-08-12 14:21 scootjockey
- Come on sweetheart. Make someones day.Love gail xx
- 2011-07-25 11:37 Helen
- hi joe,were back down tomorrow night, i have updated the poster and will go round and replace them all in the Aberdaron area...also do loads of flyers everwhere, just to jog peoples again now its the summer season, its so upsetting going down there without Sam...just want to know....x
- 2011-07-23 19:45 jobadger
- It's Dinghy Week in Abersoch this week so there are plenty of new people out and about - camping, dog-walking. Sam drew lots of interest and gave out tons of fliers in the pharmacy and outside at lunchtime. Lots of people know about him in the area so let's hope for some good news soon. xx
- 2011-07-22 11:27 jobadger
- Okay Helen stay positive. Sam is out and about! Someone has to have seen him. He has to be feeding somewhere. I've been round the back lanes behind Abersoch, Mynytho and Llanbedrog since first light this morning.(Half four is really early!!) I've given out another hundred or so fliers to properties and dog walkers.
I'm in the pharmacy in Abersoch again tomorrow and Sunday.(Actually forgot - I'm there until Wednesday next week). The school holidays have started now and there will be a lot more people around. The more people know about him the better. I've got large posters plastering the side windows of my car which is parked immediately on a walkway outside the pharmacy. I was amazed how many people actually stopped and read it last week. It just needs one person to realise that the dog pottering around their lane is Sam. It will happen. The boy will be back with you soon. Jo xxLast edited: 2011-07-22 18:38:41 by jobadger
- 2011-07-21 23:34 scootjockey
- Sorry this little gorgeous chap is still missing hes adorable.You must be absolutely heartbroken, I am. Been reading through lost dogs column and cried.What happens to our cherished little friends.Hopes hes back home safe and sound very soon. best wishes Gail.xx
- 2011-07-21 22:51 Helen
- Hello everyone, just got some bad news, the lady who thought they saw Sam on the Warren Beach, found out today the dog actually belongs to a couple who stays on the Warren all the time.Really upset now as we were so looking for Sam to come home.....Fingers crossed everyone..were going back down on Tuesday and do all we can again...Thank you everyone for your support x
- 2011-07-21 18:58 yipsey
- I am so pleased Sam has been spotted. I have been checking daily for news. I was born on the north coast of the Llyn so I know the area very well. Sadly I am now in Surrey but have contacted my brother....lives in Cheshire......but visits the area often. Lets hope with the tourists visiting for the Summer he will be found quickly. Stay positive....you will get him home soon!!!! Just wish I could help in the search.
- 2011-07-21 18:01 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Helen, sorry to see your gorgeous Sam is missing, I work with someone you know and they told me this morning about Sam. You are doing a brilliant job and sure it won't be long before he is back home with you.
jobadger, thank you and well done for all the help and support you are giving Helen. :) Jan x
- 2011-07-20 00:28 jobadger
- I'm pleased Sam is still in the area and is happily going to people and their dogs. This sighting was Monday morning - he's keeping to the south coast. I'l take my two for a trot around the headland and beach a few times over the next couple of days. Hopefully he'll be home very soon. xx
Could this be bumped due to the latest sighting please?
- 2011-07-19 22:15 Helen
- Just to let you know, we are back home in Liverpool,and only had been in an hour when someone phoned who think they had spotted Sam.The Warren beach is the latest sighting, they saw him in the morning when walking their own dog but did not know Sam was missing.They have said if they see him again, they wil keep hold of him for me.Please let it be Sam and he comes home.......
- 2011-07-18 18:25 jobadger
- Hi - I've used the fliers I left with the petshop to poster cars today in Pwllheli, Llanbedrog and Mynytho. Has there been any news? xx
- 2011-07-17 20:15 jobadger
- Spoke to quite a few more people about Sam today. I hope there's news soon - a sighting would be good. I'm thinking he's been taken in. xx
- 2011-07-16 18:58 jobadger
- Spoke with lots of people today in the village - locals, dog walkers and new visitors. Gave out lots of fliers so hopefully some sightings and calls will result. Put poster by ATM as everyone uses that!
Back in Abersoch tomorrow - will poster cars in the morning before work and speak with people over lunch. xxLast edited: 2011-07-16 19:02:07 by jobadger
- 2011-07-15 20:58 jobadger
- Hi Helen
I'm in Abersoch tomorrow and Sunday so will keep an eye out.
I'l come home through the back lanes - you never know.
School has broken up here today but I've had a word with a few mums and will stick a couple of posters in the village hall.
I'll have quite a few locals in the pharmacy tomorrow so I'll keep some fliers on the counter and make sure everyone knows. He'll be back before you know it! Jo xx
- 2011-07-15 17:08 Helen
- just to let you know i had to go back home for 2 days, emergency at work.I managed to get hold of the gentleman who said had spotted Sam.It was on the main high street in Abersoch, i went and handed out loads more leaflets in shops and dog walkers, never got to Sarn Bach school though.The local police in Abersoch told me there are a view black cockers in the Abersoch area, so felt a bit sad with this news.Not giving up though, i am back down and going to do more posters tomorrow...Thanks to joe and everybody who is still looking...does the pain get easier!!!!!
- 2011-07-14 05:38 buffysmum
- Hope Sam is back home soon. Have FB'd & Tweeted.
- 2011-07-13 20:31 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Thats good news that he's been sighted. Come on Sam, time for you to go home.
Bumped up due to the sighting.
- 2011-07-13 12:14 jobadger
- Good news - another sighting of Sam at Sarn Bach, which is just outside Abersoch. The gentleman didn't get in touch until last evening but said he was a happy friendly lad. Just wish he'd taken him in or phoned the DW who's being very helpful. I've just spoken to Helen and they're going to walk the area today and poster and knock on doors. Also visiting Sarn Bach school - mums are a good source of information. I've spoken to work colleagues in Abersoch - they'll pick him up when seen. You'll be home in no time Sam. xxLast edited: 2011-07-13 12:15:02 by jobadger
- 2011-07-12 19:12 jobadger
- Helen - just a thought.
It might be an idea to visit Bottwnog Secondary School - a lot of the kids from the surrounding area go here - before it breaks up for the summer - and the local primary in Aberdaron and Sarn Bach just outside Abersoch. Kids take home conversations just as well as adults. xx
- 2011-07-12 16:51 jobadger
- Hi Helen - good to hear from you. I've only done what I would hope others would do if my dogs were missing. I live in Pwllheli and I've texted my number to the mobile above - I presume that's yours or your husbands. I won't be around tomorrow but good luck - I hope you hear something soon. I've still not heard when or where he was sighted in Rhiw. Stay Safe Sam 'til your mum and dad catch up with you! xx
- 2011-07-12 14:38 Helen
- hi sorry i have not replyed been in work...thank you for all you have done, going down there to aberdaron about 9 tonight...were are you and are you local....i have printrd more posters...have you got a contact number so i can call you when i am down there if you do not mind...yes the market is a good place..and yes we called at all the campsites in all the local areas , rhew and aberdaron...speak to you soon love helen
- 2011-07-12 12:59 jobadger
- I've just come back from postering the cars in the two main car parks - 'cos they're locals - and Asda car park - for visitors passing into (and out of) the area. Done the launderette and the post office as well. Not heard any more news - but Pwllheli's a small town and word travels fast - people meet up on market day - that's why I wanted to get around as much as possible today. Let's think positive and your boy's back soon. xxLast edited: 2011-07-12 13:10:47 by jobadger
- 2011-07-12 11:42 bazil
- Hope gorgeous Sam is sighted again soon xx
- 2011-07-12 11:18 jobadger
I've had a word with the local bus drivers and put posters up at bus and train stations. Also put one in local sorting office for all posties to see (they sometimes change routes). Also had a word with beach wardens.
I believe he's been sighted in Rhiw so he's stayed on the south side of the peninsula, but I don't know when this was yet. Have you been round the camp sites along Hell's Mouth? He may be being fed there. xxLast edited: 2011-07-12 13:09:03 by jobadger
- 2011-07-12 11:12 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Thanks for all the help, Jo. Hope somebody can give us some info about Sam soon.
I dont do twitter but can somebody put Sam on there as he could have been picked up by a holiday maker and taken further afield. Thanks.
- 2011-07-12 08:19 jobadger
- Hiya Helen
Wednesday is market day in Pwllheli and it gets quite busy. I've run off a pile of small fliers which I'll leave in the pet shop on the Maes (the car park where the market is) for you - or someone - to collect. It would be a good day to hand them out - people come from all over the area. I can't be there - I'm taking a rescue racing pigeon back to his owner - but stay positive - someone will know where he is. Jo xx
- 2011-07-11 23:41 Helen
- Just got in from work, I had to come home for 4 days but my husband is still down there,yes we have been going back to where he went missing, ever day.We posted in Pwllheli, the pet shops and Y For vets, the local dog council warden , all the kennels, the post men in the area all have posters, I never thought of the buses, I am back down tomorrow night, so will do that...he went missing actually on the headland...he was on a lead as being young I don't trust him with sheep yet. One jumped out and Sam pulled and his collar snapped. I stayed there for over an hour, then thought he might of gone back down on his own but no, so we went straight back up. All the locals and farmers all know and have been excellent. We went both sides of the Llyn with posters, all we can do is pray...thanks ..oh and we are seasonal down there, so go all the time.
- 2011-07-11 18:03 jobadger
- Hiya. Was Sam visiting or does he live locally. When you say 25 mile radius - are we talking the other side of Porthmadog/Caernarfon/Beddgelert? I'm in Pwllheli and wondering where else to post. Is anyone still walking the area checking for sightings? Was he lost from the beach or the cliff footpaths? I ask because he could have headed inland from the footpaths on the south coast of the peninsula and the north coast isn't that far so he could be in a completely different area. Has anyone postered the local bus services - parts of the area are quite remote. Has he been sighted at all since going missing? Sorry for all the questions. xxLast edited: 2011-07-11 18:54:00 by jobadger
- 2011-07-11 11:25 jobadger
- I'm heading down to the vet's and local sites with posters for Rusty so I'll take a few round there and to the local petshops around here. Jo xx
- 2011-07-11 10:52 Jayne - Head Office
- As owners have done a wonderful job of postering and informing everyone locally...its time to go further afield as he may well have been picked up by a tourist...so if peeps could twitter and share this would help greatly.
- 2011-07-11 10:49 Jayne - Head Office
- posters e mailed to helpers in LL 51,52,53,54.
- 2011-07-11 10:18 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Will contact owner. Can email alerts go out please.
- 2011-07-11 08:31 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Text sent requesting photo.
- 2011-07-11 07:14
- Sorry to see that SAM is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.