Lost: Golden Spaniel Cocker Male In Central (DE6)
- Dog ID 30383
- Status Lost
- Registered 13 Jun 2011
- Name JOSH STOLEN
- Breed Spaniel Cocker
- Gender Male
- Age Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour Golden
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged Yes
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 10 Jun 2011
- Where Lost Yeldersley, nr Ashbourne, Derbyshire (on the main A52 between Derby and Ashbourne)
- Lost In Region Central
- Lost In Post Area DE6
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Approx 4 years old. Wearing a bright red collar with a large (30mm approx) brass identity disc with our phone numbers on.He had been trimmed,washed and groomed professionally on the previous Saturday and was looking quite smart
- Phone 1 07909 992994
- Phone 2 01335 342804.
- Reward? CASH
- Listed By Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- Views 9382
- See more dogs Lost in DE6
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-02-08 00:14 liver1047
- We have arrested two men and recovered a dog, tools and a van all believed to have been stolen.
The arrests came after a member of the public called us on Wednesday February 6 to report two men in a van behaving suspiciously in Thornbury and abandoning a dog.
The dog, a cocker spaniel, was found to have been stolen from Thornbury earlier the same day.
The van was later found by police abandoned just off the A38 in Rudgeway. Officers believe the van had been stolen from London and it contained tools stolen from Thornbury earlier the same day. Two men aged 26 and 32 were arrested later the same day in connection with the thefts and remain in police custody today, Thursday February 7.
Thornbury Neighbourhood Sergeant Victoria Lansdown said: "We are very grateful to the member of the public who called us after becoming suspicious of the behaviour of two men in a van. I'd always say that if you are in any doubt give us a shout."
- 2013-01-12 20:07 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Hi Gail.Brilliant news about Tay,I hope he is back home where he belongs soon!!Let's hope Josh has a happy outcome in 2013.I think I will have to send him on an awareness course when he gets back,so he can watch his back much more effectively in the future,lol.Take Care and Best Wishes,Bob.xxx
- 2013-01-06 17:45 scootjockey
- Hi Bob Im still looking for you boy josh and always will untill we find him. I have some news that will lift your heavy heart. Weve had a 99.9% sure sighting of Tay with a bloke fitting the description of the bloke I know has him (my neighbour) in philwelli, I had believed Tay could be in Caenarfan which is 20 miles away, no-one knew we felt he could be in wales. We have to be discrete now as Roy has been reading our minds for almost 2 years now. Bob I know we can get Tay back. Its along twisted story but we approached Roy 2 wks after Tay was stolen its the only thing that made complete sense but we had no evidence it took 9 months before people realised they had info we'd be interested in then everything slotted into place we still had no evidence and even worse we didnt know where Tay was being held.Ill keep you posted Bob this will take some time but were sure we can do it.xxxxx and yes Ill let you at this evil pair when its over. xxxx
- 2013-01-01 02:30 Debs2460
- Not sure if the link worked. Rushton Dog Rescue is the rescue I have seen a Cocker on. He was in a West Mids pound for a good while. Sorry if it isn't but worth a look x
- 2013-01-01 02:27 Debs2460
- http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=387026734725106&set=pb.194283887332726.-2207520000.1357007056&type=3&theater Could this be him? He was in a midlands pound for a few months.
- 2012-12-31 11:37 rottie
- Wishing you luck in your search for josh in the new year. Best wishes Vicky
- 2012-10-26 19:53 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- No photo on this - but wondered if you wanted to check it out - advert on preloved?
golden cocker male
Type: Private Advert
Price: £150 each
Updated:4 days ago
Breed: cocker spaniel
Current Age: 5 years
Ready to Leave: Now
Kennel Club Registered: Yes
Beautiful cocker spaniel male for sale. Fully house trained, excellent with children. Fully KC registered. Would make a fantastic family pet x
- 2012-10-01 09:39 Birma04
- Hi, there's a dog that looks very similar to Josh looking for a home on the north west cocker and springer rescue site (www.caessr.org.uk). They are calling him JD and he is currently reserved so please take a look ASAP.
- 2012-09-18 16:38 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Hi Folks.Sorry for not responding of late,but it gets the better of me at times and I feel they have won this battle.If they are reading this message with a smug expression,I would like to remove it permanently for them as a part payment for the suffering they have caused me and fellow owners.Best Wishes to Doglost and fellow sufferers and please keep up the great job that you are doing for our beloved hounds.Bob xx
- 2012-08-15 23:23 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- There is a report today on the animal search website of a golden male dog (sorry that's about as detailed as it gets) found near Ibstock (LE12) The lack of detail is a bit frustrating, but not a million miles form you so I wondered whether you wanted to check it out?
Found Dog (AFP129948)
Sex: Dog (Male)
Colours: Golden and Golden
Collar: Red, Fabric, Plain. Bit of barrel dog tag left attached
No flea collar
Chipped: Not sure
Found on Tue 14th Aug 2012 (1 day)
Found dog in Leicestershire, United Kingdom, LE12
On main road between ibstock and nails tone
- 2012-08-08 17:20 Mal
- Still look out for Josh, hope one day that chip brings him home. Stay strong Bob.
- 2012-08-08 16:21 janiejewel1649
- Solrry to see Josh is still missing. Hope we can keep trying to make him "Too hot to handle" I wish the microchip will work it`s magic at long last. Dont these thieves know the heartbreak they cause to the owners? Or is that a daft question? Please keep positive.
- 2012-08-08 08:00 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly Magazine
- 2012-07-30 00:36 scootjockey
- Bob have shared Joshes poster love gail x
- 2012-07-27 00:43 scootjockey
- Sorry your Josh is still missing Bob, Its a horrible place were in, our thoughts are with you and Josh. Best wishes Gail x
- 2012-07-23 19:50 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- I will be advertising Josh again in a few weeks.
- 2012-06-30 14:28 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Thanks Skippy.I have contacted the wardens and left them my details and a link to Josh's page on here.Keep up the good work.Best Wishes,Bob.
- 2012-06-27 23:59 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Some distance, but Animal wardens site today:
27 Jun 2012
Location: Liverpool L9
For further details call 0845 241 7253 (local rate)
to amend, email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our ref and full postcode, attach picture if available
- 2012-06-24 17:59 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Hi Everyone.Thanks to everyone for your continued support regarding Josh.As very much like you Gail,it has been over a year(VERY VERY LONG YEAR!!)now since our beloved hounds vanished without trace.Hopefully,someone will grow a backbone and do the right thing and return our treasured loved ones to us.Best Wishes,Bob.XXX
- 2012-06-14 23:39 scootjockey
- Shared again on facebook Bob xxx
- 2012-06-14 23:32 scootjockey
- Hi Bob just to say im still here too just like Mal and Rottie I have dear Josh fixed firmly in my mind, never has a golden cocker past me without me checking it out. We are now friends with 2, one the owners found 10 yrs ago the other a rescue 5 yrs ago.I want all the nitty gritty!!! One day soon Bob. Best wishes Gail xxx
- 2012-06-12 12:38 Mal
- Bob just to say i am always looking out for bob and he is on my mind every time I see a golden cocker. Hope you have some luck and that the chip brings him home one day soon.
- 2012-06-11 10:30 rottie
- We are still looking for you Josh!!
- 2012-05-01 10:41 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Thanks reggiemollieros for highlighting Josh's plight on Twitter.Any help to bring him to the forefront of public attention is very welcome and appreciated.Best Wishes,Bob.
- 2012-04-26 15:48 reggiemollieros
- I have put Josh's poster and photo on twitter. I really hope you get some good news soon xx.
- 2012-04-25 16:35 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Hello fellow dog lovers.I am glad Josh is still firmly in your minds and hearts,after what is approaching a very long 12 months now.I regularly speak to people who tell me stories of dogs being found safe and well,even after FIVE YEARS.Josh was a very streetwise little boy and I know he can adapt to the situation he has been put in by these unhuman lowlifes.Thank you to Gail,Shereen and everyone trying to help Josh get reunited with his rightful loving owners.Thank you,Bob.XXX
- 2012-04-20 20:45 scootjockey
- Dear Bob really glad Josh has been bumped.When I saw Josh`s flashing photo I thought you`d found him I got off the phone , opened a can celebrating prematurely, this time! Gutted!....im pleased Josh is top of the page again hope it brings some news. Effectively were all doing what we can im making people aware of our doggie`s and eventually this will happen. Pet detective on TV stories in paper`s regular sighting of doglost posters increases our chance`s so much.I have 2 cockers now the older one im happiest at the mo is usually at Marks(rural and remote)the little one`s ok with me at mo as she doesnt run out to far yet coz I do panick!I`ve spoke to a few dog walkers today all mentioned ebony`s poster`s also recently missing in my area this makes me realise how much more attentive folk are.Meanwhile im the crazy dog woman observing everything. Travellers are back here again each morning I watch from a safe distance Haha I reconise those that are walked from last time they were here, Just to re-assure you all on doglost are doing the same. As always wishing you the best...Gail x
- 2012-04-20 15:48 Shereen
- Bumping Josh to alert people all over the country to keep an eye out for him he could be anywhere now please share his page.
- 2012-04-03 15:15 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Hi Gail.Hope you are keeping well and getting closer to finding Tay.Joshua and I actually came home in the van from the groomers (Its about six miles away from us)and any lowlife could have climbed out of their sewer and followed us home and planned their dirty deed.I am trying to invent a punishment bad enough for these dog thieves,but find they are not severe enough to thank them properly for the pain they have caused to all the unfortunate owners in this country.Best Wishes,Bob.
- 2012-04-01 04:38 scootjockey
- hiya Bob on hindsight you suspect you and Josh being followed home, have you anyone you now reconise also any chance you could have been caught on cameras on the premises past on that walk home. Best wishes to yourself and Josh love gail xxx
- 2012-03-14 09:25 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Hi Folks.Did you see on the news the spaniel that went missing on a walk FIVE years ago and the people who had been looking after it came forward to re-unite dog and owner after seeing the publicity.We just need to try to stay positive and good things can happen.Perhaps we can get some coverage on national broadcasting and reduce the back log of missing/stolen hounds and heartache.Best Wishes,Bob.
- 2012-01-05 16:35 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Thanks to Mal and Rottie for your support.As for getting another dog to ease the pain of Josh's theft,there is no remedy for that until he is back home where he belongs.I will never give up the search for my lad and like the Stephen Lawrence case,justice will be done.Happy New Year to all the decent people left in the world.Many Thanks,Bob.
- 2012-01-05 13:39 Mal
- just wishing you luck in 2012 Bob in your search for Josh and read on Tays page that you may be getting another dog so hope that helps with the pain. Thinking about Josh and all the other lost dogs and wishing them home safe x. Mal
- 2012-01-04 11:08 rottie
- Come on you Josh lets have a positive start to 2012 with some news of you xx
- 2011-11-11 16:24 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Many Thanks to all for remembering about Josh when Cockers are found.He is microchipped and obviously registered as stolen.He is very much intact regards to breeding.I was woken last night by the sudden realisation that I may have been followed home from the groomers that day and they made their move when we were at work.BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY FOR THESE SWINES!! Many Thanks,Bob.
- 2011-11-10 21:49 Mini Doodle
- Im sorry if this is a false lead as i cant see anything saying if this cocker has any white but theres a red cocker found in my area - http://www.wokingham.gov.uk/safety/dogs-and-animal-welfare/stray-dogs-gallery/
- 2011-11-05 19:15 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Has Josh been neutered? There's a small "red" cocker male on found pages - 34114, might be worth a look?
- 2011-11-05 12:05 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Thankyou to everyone especially Gail,Sue and Vicky for your support.I sincerely hope that the lowlifes who took Josh get repaid in full for what they have put my family through!!Many Thanks,Bob.
- 2011-11-05 02:15 scootjockey
- Sending you lots of lovely luck,thinking of you best wishes from gail xxx
- 2011-11-02 15:00 rottie
- Come on josh, lets have you home now,please anyone who knows any info on Josh please come forward,these are family members that are being taken. Lets have some positive news on Josh, We are all still looking Bob! Best wishes Vicky
- 2011-11-02 09:38 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in The Countryman's Weekly magazine today. I hope it brings some news.
- 2011-10-10 16:27 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Hi Mal.Thanks for your continued support.Had a look and unfortunately not Josh.The one on Gumtree is much more like him.Thanks to everyone for your help and please keep on looking for Josh and hopefully we will be reunited very soon.Many Thanks,Bob.
- 2011-10-10 15:17 Mal
- mailto:?subject=I thought you might be interested in this - Adorable Cocker Spaniel ...&body=http://www.mobiya.co.uk/showAd/agtdjtwma
Bob, not sure if this could be Josh?
- 2011-10-06 09:14 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Hi Mal.Thanks for the info,is it the one located in South London?He does look very similar to Josh,but very difficult to be certain from the photos.Have we any people in that area,who could check it out?Many Thanks,Bob.
- 2011-10-05 14:35 Mal
- Bob;we have spoken; hope that dog on Gumtree today may be Josh.
Good luck. Mal
- 2011-09-20 09:48 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Bob I've emailed you. Can you check you've received it.
- 2011-09-19 23:32 scootjockey
- Sorry but they truely are bastards. xxx Sharing on face book .
- 2011-09-19 15:09 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Thanks Gail.I know whatever I am going through,you and everyone on this site is experiencing the same nightmare.When is this pet theft going to end and can I operate the electric chair,I would really like getting even with these lowlifes!!Take Care,Bob.
- 2011-09-18 17:52 scootjockey
- Bob you may already be aware of another 2 dogs missing from your area bertie and charlie(bitch) basset hounds, dont know the circumstances yet.Sorry havnt any ideas that your your not already doing, for us its keep on putting the word about,keep watching and waiting for them to drop their guard.Thinking of you and our missing doggies.Gail xxxLast edited: 2011-09-18 19:11:52 by scootjockey
- 2011-09-18 10:22 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Hi Reynard.The Posters are still up and adverts in national publications,veterinary bodies emailed with photos,poster in car window has caused people to stop and read.Any other ideas to get Joshua back will be greatly received.Many Thanks,Bob.
- 2011-09-18 10:16 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Hi Gail.Thanks for this info,was advised of this dog by admin.The Police are still very much active in finding Josh and I get emails from them regularly with their ongoing enquiries,which is very encouraging.We all want this scum caught and unpleasant surgery undertaken on them whilst fully conscious!!Many Thanks,Bob.
- 2011-09-15 20:23 Reynard
- Are posters still going up in the surrounding area as someone may have seen something still , posters are very effective.
- 2011-09-12 23:44 scootjockey
- ID 32647. Bob check it out,another gold cocker (its a lady)missing from DE6. Hope its another piece to the puzzle. Good luck love Gail xxx
- 2011-09-08 20:00 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Thankyou for letting me know,Bob.
- 2011-09-07 22:25 coralvb
- This dog is posted on the Many Tears website. I don't know ant more details im afraid but worth checking their site to see. It was posted under a facebook post advertising Josh's loss.
- 2011-09-07 09:08 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Come on Joshua,make an appearance now,someone knows where you are and their conscience should tell them to do the right thing and re-unite my hound with his loving family.Take Care little boy.Love always,Bob.xxxx
- 2011-09-04 11:41 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Thankyou for your message.I think these travellers/general thieving lowlifes involved in dog theft should be rounded up and emptied into the middle of the ocean for shark feed.Just a thought!Many Thanks,Bob.
- 2011-09-02 22:41 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- COPIED FROM A POST ON 32206
Apologies for posting here as unlikely to be connected to this case but may be relevant to other lost spaniels. Some travellers were evicted from a site just outside Brighton a few months ago & were camped out in parks all over the city. They were selling puppies mainly jack russells but someone has told me they were also selling pedigree spaniels.x
- 2011-08-30 23:59 scootjockey
- Thanks Bob for encouraging words, you just get your days dont you.Hope your coping ok.Ive just seen another cocker(molly)has been stolen,its heartbreaking.Saw a similar dog to Josh being walked on sea front at skeg yesterday. Chunky with a heavy wavy coat. As always good luck love Gail xxx
- 2011-08-27 01:44 scootjockey
- Hi Bob hope your onto something and have a result soon pal. Im so pissed off with the system.Stay safe little ones please. Best wishes Gail xxx
- 2011-08-25 17:39 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Thanks Sue and hope all owners get their beloved dogs home soon and the thieving lowlifes also get what they deserve in very slow painful doses.I would enjoy seeing them being hounded like Gadaffi !!! Take Care and Good Luck,Bob.
- 2011-08-24 20:19 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Added to Dog Lost East Midlands Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/270158526343032/
- 2011-08-13 21:36 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Josh is on Dog Lost Facebook Stoke
- 2011-08-12 14:10 scootjockey
- Hi Bob .Could do with some good news and hoped to find it here. Sadly not.Praying all our little lovelies keep safe another night. Best wishes Gail xxx
- 2011-08-11 02:56 scootjockey
- Hi Bob. Ditto..!!!? We ll find our little pals I can just feel it.We are stronger than those cowards and the good will overcome the bad.Thats a wonderfull amazing and inspiring result for the the king charles cavalier. I hope your on the trail of something good mate.wishing you and Josh are reunited speedily. Looks like another night scouring the net for something, anything. Take care bob and stay safe little Josh love and best wishes gail xxx
- 2011-08-04 22:22 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Hi Deborah.This was music to my ears,hearing of your fantastic news.You can start to live your lives again.Just don't take your eyes off him for a second or this cancer sweeping the country could return!Take Care,Bob.
- 2011-08-03 21:13 Deborah
- Dont loose hope, im the owner of the cavalier that was found in st. Helens yesterday, 8 weeks after being stolen from my garden in notts. initially he was taken to Lincolnshire but when he was sold on he was taken to a vets that scanned his microchip. so hope you have the happy ending that my family have.,
- 2011-08-03 20:57 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Many Thanks for your continued support.Hoping all owners and missing pets are reunited soon and these lowlifes get the real payment they so badly deserve.Taking someone's beloved pet is as low as the human race can descend.I hope their loved ones are taken from them in this barbaric manner!! Many Thanks,Bob.
- 2011-08-03 14:19 scootjockey
- Hi Bob still praying and doing the obvious to find Josh.Would you take a look on our Tays page please.You may well be able to advise. Thanks Gail. xxx
- 2011-08-03 13:41 rottie
- might be nothing bob but dog id 30431 king charles spaniel stolen from notts area in june just been found, was purchased from someone in lincolnshire, if the police could might be worth derbyshire speaking to the force dealig with this, long shot i know but if they have stolen one to sell then probably isnt the only one. Good luck, still think he will find his was back to you. Last edited: 2011-08-03 13:43:29 by rottie
- 2011-08-01 11:58 Mal
- just to say we are still thinking about you and Josh.Hope there is a clue soon. M
- 2011-07-29 09:27 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Hi all.Just to update you,I spoke to the vets re:31407 found Golden Cocker-the owner has now come forward and reclaimed him yesterday.Not Josh,but very good news for our cause.Keep up the great work! Many Thanks,Bob.
- 2011-07-29 08:27 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Hi Gail.Thankyou for your continued support and to everyone trying to find Joshua.I will give the vets a call and check things out.Bit of a concern about the "Neutered" aspect,because if it is Josh,he won't be a happy bunny if he has been disarmed!! Many Thanks,Bob.
- 2011-07-28 23:22 scootjockey
- Bob have you seen found golden cocker ID 31407.xxx
- 2011-07-28 23:05 scootjockey
- Im feeling it for you.And with you all the way.We ll get them Bob.Remember theyll cock-up! and we will be waiting.Thinking of all our missing doggies and their owners.best wishes Gail xx
- 2011-07-26 22:10 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Hi Mal.Thankyou for your message.My intention is to cover the entire United Kingdom with a network of searchers and hopefully all Police Forces to find the scum who took my dog.I will find them and punish them eventually !!!! He was my best mate and they have stole our unique bond.Many Thanks,Bob.
- 2011-07-26 10:20 Mal
- Bob I will be in the area later this week and wondered if you had made any progress or leads as happy to look out for Josh as really feel for your family. Good luck in the search; he must be seen at some time and hope he is being looked after. M
- 2011-07-24 13:46 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- Shared again on DogLost Central facebook group - to highlight new picture
- 2011-07-22 14:40 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Thanks for your message,I have sent an email to RSPCA for them to investigate and see if any of them may be Josh.Take Care,Bob.
- 2011-07-22 11:17 zeffi
- Lancashire Guardian (14th & 15th July) has a report of a raid on a barn at Lancaster in which dogs including cocker spaniels were seized by the RSPCA. Don't know if you're aware of this already, may be worth checking out.
Hope to read good news of Josh soon. Best wishes in your search.
- 2011-07-20 17:24 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Thanks Gail,you are a great support to us at this harrowing time.If we could just get a rough location,or if these scum are just after money (try working and not stealing!!) why don't they make contact? P.S Good luck also with finding Tay,Take Care,Bob.
- 2011-07-20 15:00 scootjockey
- Cum on little man let yourself be seen or heard give us something to work with together we will find you.Best wishes gail( Tays mum)
- 2011-07-17 21:11 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Many Thanks to everyone for your continued support through these difficult times.Josh would appreciate all your efforts to get him home safe and well.Please keep up the good work and stay vigilant and hopefully we will get a breakthrough soon!
- 2011-07-17 20:53 scootjockey
- Hi really sorry josh is still missing and pray he being cared for by the filth who stole him.Our Tays circumstances are similar . We too think a neighbours mates stole Tay.Im made up the police and courts are aware how great a problem dog theft is and how profitable it is when used to breed by these low lifes.We bought a gorgeous working cocker recently whom we love dearly but fret the same could happen again because the neighbour and his mates are still there.Just like you i ll be here when they ...k-up. And it ll be a case of poetic justice done.. My thoughts are will all those poor dogs lost/stolen and the owners. best wishes gail xxx
- 2011-07-16 22:02 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Photo emailed to you Bob.
- 2011-07-16 14:06 zeffi
- Really sad there's no good news of this handsome boy - hoping he will soon be home. xx
- 2011-07-16 13:29 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- New photo of Josh on site.
- 2011-07-07 17:16 Mal
- Good luck Bob; dont give up as somebody must know where he is!Hope he is back home soon.
- 2011-07-07 08:28 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Checked out some Cocker Spaniels at a house but alas not Josh. Many Thanks for your support,it means a lot to us !!Bob.
- 2011-07-02 21:35 bazil
- Hoping Josh is found safe and back with his family soon xx
- 2011-07-02 19:30 Scrappy2010
- Fingers crossed that Josh is home soon. x
- 2011-06-30 18:26 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Hi Guys. Have got some friends in Ashbourne now keeping an eye out for Josh. Many Thanks,Bob.
- 2011-06-30 10:39 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Checked ads - could not see anything. Liz xx
- 2011-06-29 21:34 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in The Countryman's Weekly magazine today.
- 2011-06-27 08:27 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Thankyou.I think the Police realise that our pets are a major integral part of the family,to the same level as children.Also,it is becoming the next major crimewave that they and the courts need to address before it is out of control!Many Thanks,Bob.
- 2011-06-26 22:37 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Bob, I am so pleased you have the support of the police in the search for Josh. This is excellent news and I have everything crossed for you and Josh. x
- 2011-06-25 20:12 Scrappy2010
- Great news the Police are stepping up there search and adding pressure on these low lifes. Hope Josh is found soon. x
- 2011-06-24 18:31 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Many Thanks for everyone's support with finding Josh.Anyone who steals our pets,whatever you own,are the lowest form of life and we need a law passed to make this activity less attractive to them! Keep up the good work and let's hope the good defeat the bad.
- 2011-06-24 11:53 rottie
- Really hope your boy is home soon and the people responsible for taking him get what they deserve!! Good luck
- 2011-06-23 21:14 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Another update for you. The Police are questioning someone about Josh. Many Thanks,Bob.
- 2011-06-23 08:38 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- The Police are upgrading their search of Josh (great News!!),they are going to do another advert in the Ashbourne Gazette,but on a bigger scale. Many Thanks,Bob
- 2011-06-20 12:42 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Maybe you could try the local paper for Stoke-on-Trent. Liz xx
- 2011-06-19 22:01 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Josh may be in the Stoke on Trent, Staffs area. Possible sighting of Josh at Pets at Home in Uttoxeter, which is on the same A50 corridor. Many Thanks,Bob.
- 2011-06-19 21:51 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Hi Reynard,Josh was stolen from our garden at Yeldersley near Ashbourne,which is on the main A52 between Derby and Ashbourne.
- 2011-06-19 20:21 Reynard
- Where in DE6 was Josh Stolen , I can not see it mentioned?
- 2011-06-19 12:56 Mollychops, Co-ordinator Glos and Hereford
- Keep postering in the area last seen, poster like mad, also get local papers to do a piece, make him too hot to handle,if someone has taken him in locally
- 2011-06-19 10:39 CarolineMurphy
- Have alerted all cocker spaniel kennel club accredited clubs in England who are helping to spread Josh's link about in hope of finding someone with information. All are happy to help and will keep you updated on anything they come back with xxx
- 2011-06-19 09:12 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Thankyou Maggie and all,at the end of the day someone knows his whereabouts or a neighbour has noticed a new dog matching Josh's or one of the many other poor owners pets that is a recent acquisition.It is a waiting game and a mistake is all we need to nail them !!Many Thanks,Bob.
- 2011-06-18 22:34 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- I have shared Josh and have also asked people who check ads on for sale sites to keep a look out for him..Hope is he found very soon
- 2011-06-18 20:47 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- Poster udated to show a cash reward for Josh
- 2011-06-18 20:33 CarolineMurphy
- Hey Bob! Great that you're here! Have you had a look at the Facebook yet? Sme very moving messages of support - talk to you soon! Caroline xxx
- 2011-06-18 19:46 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Hello.This is a quick memo from Josh's Dad.I have now joined the team as I am impressed by the passion shown in helping find my dog,thankyou.My Screen Name is in honour of my mate."THIS IS FOR JOSH".
- 2011-06-18 16:37 CarolineMurphy
- Josh's Facebook group - http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_228803437132098
- 2011-06-17 21:38 CarolineMurphy
- No news today but will contact Bob for an update and a natter tomorrow xxx
- 2011-06-17 20:11 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Hoping for positive news on suspect. Liz xx
- 2011-06-16 16:59 CarolineMurphy
- Mollychops - Theft was from garden, believed to be by someone in the garden/neighbours garden due to the fact that it is secure and police believe they have one suspect who they are following up. Contacting police today for more info on that xxx
- 2011-06-16 16:58 mandym
- Have shared on facebook, i hope Josh is home really soon...
- 2011-06-16 14:26 Mollychops, Co-ordinator Glos and Hereford
- Thanks Jayne for putting on the details of the theft, so people on here can see what the circumstances are
- 2011-06-16 10:31 Jayne - Head Office
- e mail from owner...
Hi there,I received a phone call today from a local lady at 07:54 am,who says she has definitely seen Josh on Sunday 12th trying to get in through her gate,but pushed him back out as she had her own dog to consider.On hindsight she wishes she had grabbed him and kept him safe.The location was close to Hilltop Primary School,Wyaston Road,Ashbourne,Derbyshire.I have left contact details and a description with the school. Many Thanks to all and keep up the excellent work!!
- 2011-06-16 10:01 CarolineMurphy
- Hey Mollychops - details are in helpers section on forum.
Sighting on Sunday 12th in Ashbourne, will update with more info after talking to bob xxx
- 2011-06-16 09:04 MHale
- Make sure you poster every vet and every pet shop in a large radius around you! Do you have the ears clipped at the groomers or left natural? The reason I ask is that in this heat / weather the ears smell on a spaniel and unless you know what your doing, you may seek advise - and see that we're on to them! If left natural the smell can get quite bad as this can lead to infection. Lng shot but worth a try!
- 2011-06-16 08:26 Mollychops, Co-ordinator Glos and Hereford
- What were the details of the theft
- 2011-06-16 08:25 Mollychops, Co-ordinator Glos and Hereford
- What were the details of the theft
- 2011-06-15 15:53 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Have put Josh on twitter.
- 2011-06-14 22:20 CarolineMurphy
- Possible sighting between 12 and 2 in pets a home, utoxeter xxx
- 2011-06-14 11:54 CarolineMurphy
- Contacted owner, answer phone, have ,left message and forwarded info sheet and local info including ST to owner xxx
- 2011-06-14 08:19 Jayne - Head Office
- Josh's details put on list for our countrymans weekly colomn...
- 2011-06-14 08:09 Jayne - Head Office
- Poster e mailed to helpers in DE 1,3,4,6,21,22 and ST 1,2,3,4,9,10,11,12,13,14.
- 2011-06-14 01:18 scootjockey
- Sorry to read yet another one knicked i sincerly hope you find him soon.Our tay is still misssing and best advice i have is follow your hunches instantly but dont blow your chances. ie:We knocked on a door where on hindsight we should have watched the activities 24/7 might have got a result.Hope hes home soon Gail.x
- 2011-06-13 22:55 CarolineMurphy
- Will contact tomorrow with suggestions and local ports of call xxx
- 2011-06-13 22:54 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Text sent requesting photo.
- 2011-06-13 22:18 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- FROM EMAIL TO ADMIN
He is a Golden Cocker Spaniel with an undocked tail He was born in 2007 and has been microchipped ,he answers to his name of Josh.
He was wearing a bright red collar with a large (30mm approx) brass identity disc
with our phone numbers on.
He had been trimmed,washed and groomed professionally on the previous Saturday and
was looking quite smart
- 2011-06-13 22:15
- Sorry to see that JOSH STOLEN is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.