Lost: Grizzle/ Tan Terrier Border Male In South East (TN16)
- Dog ID 29764
- Status Lost
- Registered 12 May 2011
- Name BARNEY
- Breed Terrier Border
- Gender Male
- Age Adult
- Build Small
- Colour Grizzle/ Tan
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars Short thick coat, tan belly, dark around eyes.
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 06 May 2011
- Where Lost Moorehouse rd, Westerham. Border of Surrey and Kent TN16 / RH8
- Lost In Region South East
- Lost In Post Area TN16
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Much loved pet. ON LONG TERM MEDICATION for congenital heart defect and requires a prescription diet for Gastrointestinal problems. MICROCHIPPED. SIGHTINGS IN LIMPSFIELD CHART AND EDENBRIDGE AREA.
- Phone 1 0844 800 3220
- Phone 2 07967 440126
- Reward? CASH
- Listed By jtaylor32
- Views 5664
- Followers 3
- See more dogs Lost in TN16
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-04-27 23:06 glossoplass
- 2013-04-27 07:02 C.J. - POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- Thanks Belle will try and find out more about this ASAP. esp as Barney was in CMW and often they appear after that somewhere!!!
- 2013-04-25 14:30 Belle
- Hi please look at this dog found in the Wirral. Don't be put off by the location, and microchips sometimes move and aren't found in a scan. He looks very like Barney, but you would know best!
http://www.wirral.gov.uk/wirraldogs/Detail.asp?DogsID=7687Last edited: 2013-04-25 14:32:10 by Belle
- 2013-04-16 18:55 Belle
- Could Trigger on this page be Barney?
http://www.dogsblog.com/category/border-terrier/Last edited: 2013-04-16 18:57:42 by Belle
- 2013-04-14 19:54 SpringerMad
found dog, might be worth checking out. Hope the link works
- 2013-04-05 15:39 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Bumping Barneys page as he is featured in the DogLost column of the May edition of Dogs Today magazine, out now. Do hope it brings some news.
- 2012-10-08 09:21 reggiemollieros
- Just to let you know the Border Terrier referred to in my post below has now been listed in the Found section with a photo
- 2012-10-07 23:31 reggiemollieros
- I just saw this post on the Vets Get Scanning Facebook page
Hope the owner of a border terrier can be found, pls share. thanks
A Border Terrier was for sale at Ballinaslow horse fair in Galway yesterday 6th. Turns out he may have been stolen as he has a UK microchip. If anyone is still missing a border please pm Julie Cowan Bryan with the microchip no. Thanks
Or message me and I'll forward.
Here is the page address https://www.facebook.com/groups/106838306012291/
- 2012-09-16 21:06 AnnieSparky
- Long shot but posting this from Animal Warden website on a few lost male Border pages esp as poss stolen so just in case:
15 Sep 2012
Location: Tadley RG26
Colour: Brown Tan
For further details call 0845 241 7253 (local rate)
to amend, email email@example.com quoting our ref and full postcode, attach picture if available
- 2012-09-03 08:37 C.J. - POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- Thanks. Another owner of recent stolen dog in surrey is also spreading word about Barney so hope that some one some where will recognise something.
People power to combat dog theft!!!
- 2012-08-13 19:35 twoDs
- Have updated his thread on BT World and shared again on FaceBook.Hope the sighting is confirmed and it is him.
- 2012-08-13 17:46 Jayne - Head Office
- 2012-08-13 10:05 C.J. - POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- Barney is still missing and owner continues to return to Kent and follow any leads.
There has been a possible sighting in woods close to where went missing back in May owner was there within 5 mins as already staying close by but sadly no signs.Thius was the limpsfield chart area agin so is he living ferrell in this area??
Owner has also had a text fro a person who is not responding it said-
Ive seen Barney I think- is he still missing?- despite phone calls and texts the person is not responding so no idea where this sighting was.
IF IT WAS ANYONE READING THIS THEN PLEASE EITHER PHONE OWNER OR DOGLOST.
Bumping due to this .
- 2011-11-04 21:38 Viv
- found 33861 - a male border terrier / south east. any small chance it could be Barney
- 2011-11-04 17:55 Jayne - Head Office
- Tx twoDs...miracles happen often on doglost when people care...and spread the word...
- 2011-11-04 17:20 twoDs
- Oh gosh do hope it is Barney,will spread word again.
Have shared on Facebook - large BT "community" and posted on BT World.Last edited: 2011-11-04 17:30:50 by twoDs
- 2011-11-04 16:24 Jayne - Head Office
- Just had a call to HQ from a lady who has seen the posters...well done owner for renewing regularly...says she saw a similar dog in the forest this afternoon looking lost...have passed on details via mobile message to owner and CJ will be ringing for more details from siter...paws crossed...
- 2011-10-12 08:02 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in The Countryman's Weekly magazine today. I hope it brings some news.
- 2011-10-06 13:13 Suzanne-Sue
- Have posted on my Facebook page,you never know,if we all do something like this he might be found.
- 2011-10-05 20:03 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- EXTRA ALERTS GOING OUT TO POSTCODE AREAS
- 2011-10-02 13:54 Jayne - Head Office
- Poster e mailed to helpers in tn8. RH7,8.
- 2011-10-02 13:30 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Can email alerts be sent out again please.
Bumped so Jayne will see this.
- 2011-09-26 15:01 C.J. - POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- HELPERS if in this area a new poster is being emailed out to publicise the fact he is still missing. it is thought he is still in the area and may have been found and is being kept.
- 2011-06-15 09:40 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in The Countryman's Weekly magazine this week. Good Luck
- 2011-06-12 07:18 TerenceT
- Have posted Barney's details on Twitter
- 2011-06-07 20:30 jtaylor32
- I am still looking for Barney my Border Terrier I have postered Limpsfield Chart, Limpsfield, Westerham, Edenbridge and Lingfield. Barney was sighted on Limpsfield Chart in the carpark opposite the cricket field on the 18th May he was wearing a collar which he did not have when I lost him and think he may have escaped from somewhere and sadly was so close to where he had disappeared yet so far. I think that he has been picked up again. I am so very worried now as he now needs medication. Please keep a look out for him, particularly if you hunt with dogs. Any information would be helpful, as I have so little to go on but I know he is out there somewhere. Please help if you can, it could have been your dog. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be an unusual occurrance in this area. Zanne Henderson
- 2011-06-06 09:52 C.J. - POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- No sightings. Border Collies i have sent you an email
- 2011-06-03 22:51 BorderCollies
- Have there been any other sightings after the 6th of May? Westerham is not terribly far away from me and I am happy to help :)
- 2011-05-31 12:17 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Have put Barney on twitter + will circulate.
- 2011-05-31 11:36 C.J. - POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- Zanne has been out bust postering south of the A25 esp the areas between the B269 and B2026 this coveres the Westerham Linsfield area.
As the last sighting was one of him with a collar- and he was lost without one it is thought he has been picked up and either kept or has escaped again from someone else.
Lets hope that someone knows where this dog is or who may have him and either let owner know or can always phone DOGLOST in complete confidence. CJ
- 2011-05-30 20:34 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Dogs are very clever, they go on for months keeping safe, getting food and finding drink and a nice place to bed down. What you need is someone to be your eyes and ears and to help redo and add more posters. I don't know the area and am too far away to help, but are there any helpers in this area? You really need to do LOADS of posters - so no one can avoid seeing them. I am so sad that you are so far away, but you have come back to look and so you deserve to find him. Well done and never give up hope. God bless you both. x
- 2011-05-30 17:32 Nina
- I think I have now sent out details of Barney to as many email addresses as I can find when I googled Westerham. I do hope that the recipients will help. Good luck.
- 2011-05-30 12:14 C.J. - POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- Zanne is back in area putting out more posters and talking to dog walkers to spread the word.
I think she is hoping to find and make contact with ther lady with 2 dalmations to see if they might be able to help when they spotted Barney- ie which area he went to etc.
HELPERS if out and about this bank holiday please take a poster and put in somewhere thanks.
- 2011-05-30 01:07 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Details updated to show up on the DL poster and photo/s cropped and grouped together.
Various size posters now done and emailed to Zanne and CJ (apologies for the delay). Hope they help in the search for Barney and we see him in the BLUE soon. Good luck. Jan x
- 2011-05-29 22:14 jtaylor32
- From Zanne - Barneys Owner - email contact for Barney is firstname.lastname@example.org - any communication welcome
- 2011-05-28 08:44 C.J. - POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- RE TWITTER Barney has been tweeted on doglost twitter but if any one else has their own twitter page to spread the word then just use the TWEET box at the top of his page.
- 2011-05-27 14:05 Nina
- Been thinking is there anyone who can use Facebook or Twitter on behalf of owner to get Barney out in the big wide world. Afraid I am an old fashioned girl and that is out of my league!
- 2011-05-27 09:38 Nina
- Thats OK C.J. I am so far away its the best I can do.
- 2011-05-27 09:14 C.J. - POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- Thanks Nina-
im sure knowing there is some help near by will really lift this owners spirits as must be so difficult being so far away.
- 2011-05-27 09:13 C.J. - POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- I have also sent some personal emails to registered helpers in RH postcodes just to alert them to this rather than the bnormal poster alert in the hope that more will log in and help you.
Have you contacted a local paper at all??
- 2011-05-27 09:09 Nina
- Anybody want to join me in googling Westerham area and trying to find email addresses to send Barneys details to.
- 2011-05-27 08:45 C.J. - POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- Hi Zanne. I understand how frustrating it must be to be so far away. I have bumpoed Barneys page in the hope any helpers in this area might recognise or even know the DALMATION OWNERS?
maybe ring the pub abd ask them to keep an eye open - even send them a poster to display inside? Also if they serve food Barney could be attracted to smells around the bins etc for food/ pub deatils are
12 Tally Road
Oxted RH8 0TG
01883 722 209
- 2011-05-26 20:26 jtaylor32
- I am Zanne, Barney's owner. He has been missing for nearly a month and I am finding it very difficult living and working in Devon so far from where he was lost on 6th May. I have contacted all the relevant people and agencies and put posters out. I have heard this week that there has been a possible sighting of him on the Wednesday 18th May at Limpsfield Chart in the car park opposite the cricket field on his own. He was then seen to follow some ladies who regualarly walk their dogs at the High Chart Woods. I am very keen to speak to them, as they might be able to tell me what happened after they saw him. One of these ladies walks two Dalmatians. Barney was also seen later walking on his own down Tally Road towards the Carpenters Arms pub, that is all the information I have so far. I will be in the area this weekend (28th/29th May) and will be putting up more posters. He is a dearly loved pet and a great friend. I desparetely miss him - Please help if you can.
- 2011-05-26 12:12 jtaylor32
- I am Zanne Barneys worried owner he has been missing for nearly a month and I am finding it very difficult living and working so far away from where he was lost on 6th May.Apart from contacting all the relevant people and organizations I put up alot of posters and have heard nothing until this week.
- 2011-05-19 17:42 C.J. - POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- CHIP COMPANY HAVE BEEN INFORMED PLUS LOCAL DOG WARDENS VETS AND POLICE. THERE WAS A TEXT MESSAGE OF A SIGHTING OF A TERRIER BUT NO DETAILS OF CLOLOUR ETC BUT LOCAL TO WHERE HE WENT MISSING.
- 2011-05-19 17:36 C.J. - POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- Owner of BARNEY lives in Devon also has no interent access. she is going to try to log in via a frIEnd so can up date site/
HELPERS IN AREA OF TN16 PLEASE POSTER AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. AS OWNER CANNOT DO THIS LOCALLY. IF YOU HAVE EMAIL CONTACTS THEN USE THE FACILITY ON SITE TO SPREAD THE WORD.
- 2011-05-19 15:25 C.J. - POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- spoke to owners who have been away on holiday . microchip company to be informed as does not seem to have been done. daughter phoning me later to discuss more.
- 2011-05-17 09:08 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- I am so sorry - poor Barney - these people don't understand what upset they are causing to owner and dog. I hope he is found soon safe and well. Liz xx
- 2011-05-17 07:53 C.J. - POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- update info from owners neice as they do not have internet access
Barney was walking in the firetrails at Moorhouse/ limpsfield chart. We think he was picked up on the Cricket Pitch on the way back to Moorhouse Farm. (200m from home) and an area he knows very well.
There have been multiple reports of dogs being stolen in the area.
The police have been informed re the above, and that Barney is missing. As have local vet clinics,the micrichip company and Battersea Lost dogs.
Advised as many posters as possible and try to contact local papers to publicise his medical condition.
- 2011-05-14 09:11 C.J. - POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- Email sent with advice plus asking for more infomation as how went missing etc.
- 2011-05-12 16:30 Jayne - Head Office
- poster e mailed to helpers in tn 8,13,14,16. rh7,8,9 cr 3,6.
- 2011-05-12 13:33
- Sorry to see that BARNEY is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.