Lost: Tan And White Spaniel Welsh Springer Male In North West (WN5)
- Dog ID 28897
- Status Lost
- Registered 30 Mar 2011
- Name TAY STILL MISSING STOLEN
- Breed Spaniel Welsh Springer
- Gender Male
- Age Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour tan and white
- Tail Docked
- Marks & Scars 1 red patch rear end of left side, 3 patches right side, white docked tail red tip, white eyelashes.
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 11 Mar 2011
- Where Lost Owner's girlfriend's garden in Kit Green, Wigan, WN5 0DZ
- Lost In Region North West
- Lost In Post Area WN5
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Stolen 17 months ago & being used as a stud dog. Pls advise owner of any WSS puppies or stud dog being advertised. Tay is 10 years old now. White body with red patches. 1 patch rear end of left side, 1 on rear back end, 3 patches on right side. White docked tail with red tip. White eyelashes. Microchipped. Timid & shy. Please join his FACE BOOK PAGE 'Help Find Stolen Tay-Wigan (North West) WN5' Fence panels were lifted to steal him from garden. EMAIL email@example.com or call
- Phone 1 01942 213587
- Phone 2 07548 059235
- Reward? CASH
- Listed By gready
- Views 22461
- Followers 5
- See more dogs Lost in WN5
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-04-16 11:09 Beanie245
- Still thinking of you Tay XXX
- 2013-03-14 18:49 Claire - Dogs Northwest Repost
- Awww how very sad - shared on FB x
- 2013-03-14 09:21 angi
- I always keep my eyes open for Tay when looking for Brook. There was a guy I was suss about fitting the description your son posted on find Brook breeding these in Wales but he probably followed that up. Has there been any more info? maybe refresh us of what you have so far and I'll do another trawl of breeders etc x
- 2013-03-13 23:45 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- We're a couple of days late, but Monday marked two years since Tay was stolen.
Please continue to look out for him. Thanks. x
- 2013-03-02 21:17 gwenhwyfar
- Hi Gail,
Still thinking of you and keeping my eyes open for Tay. Going to Crufts next week. Is there anything specific I can do? I will, of course be taking a photo and details of Tay to remind Welsh Springer people. Can you suggest anything else that would be helpful?
- 2013-02-23 02:02 scootjockey
- Thankyou wensmum. We will crack on with that tommorrow. Your a star xxxx
- 2013-02-19 18:43 wensmum
- Hi Gail,
You might want to email dog theft action - they have posted this
DTA are going to crufts 2013! Hall 2 stand 65 .. We will be preparing some promotional material that will be distributed.. and we want to give you a chance of having your stolen dogs on our promotional posters please email details with a clear photograph & full details, name breed microchip & area stolen to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2013-02-15 22:01 scootjockey
- Hi gwenhyfar thanks for earlier post unfortunately its actually a hoax on the net,from what i can gather the police and RSPCA removed some rottie's (non stolen)from an old gentleman in that area and its that story thats been exaggerated. If you know different would you let me know please. Between us we all will get him back but we couldn't do it without our friends on here, please keep us posted of any activity or possibility's. Knowing you care means so much to us.Love xxx
- 2013-02-15 00:24 scootjockey
- Thanks gwenhwyfar I shall do that now. Thanks sally and Skippy we wont give up till we find him.love Gail xxx
- 2013-02-05 22:50 gwenhwyfar
- Seen on Facebook:
PLEASE READ AND PASS ON!!! KEEP BUMPED UP!!! Telford police and the RSPCA Have done a joint raid on a traveller site in Telford Shropshire, they have ceased, loads of dogs, some have micro chips, some not! There is 6 huskys, some springers, staffys, sprockers, and more breeds, believed to have stolen them from derbyshire, Staffordshire, all areas, please ring Telford police or the RSPCA! And give them ur micro chip number, they have dogs there with chips but no owners have come forward, Telford Shropshire
- 2013-02-05 22:36 SallyF
- Thanks for posting your good wishes about Socks. I really hope you get your boy back. x
- 2013-01-15 22:39 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Still looking out for your boy Gail....x
- 2013-01-13 04:42 scootjockey
- Hi friends,Thanks for all your support, advice, information and potential leads all of which we follow up as by the law of averages combined with everyones hard work and determination to find our Tay. ONE DAY WE SHALL TRIUMPH!.......that said just lately were at a very low ebb which is probrably the reason we havn't posted recently. Best wishes xxx
- 2013-01-11 14:39 wensmum
- Hi Gail, I hpe the New Year brings you what you most want.........
Info from Birmingham Dog Warden - "Us Birmingham dog wardens are Enforcement Officers and if we have good cause to know there is a stolen dog on a property and enough evidence then we can scan and seize, but we would need a warrant and the police !!! If its a dog out in street with a person and we stop and believe its stolen then we can scan and seize as its in a public place, but again like all things to do with the law it's very complicated. I've always told owners that if they suspect there stolen dog is somewhere then to contact us and we will stake out property to get enough evidence to take action." Apparently not all dog wardens are enforcement officers - it depends on the council.
I hope you may be able to use this info at some stage soon xxx
- 2012-12-21 20:41 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Hi Gail.Hope you are fit and well and fighting the long fight with these thieving lowlifes (as usual).Let's hope the christmas spirit loosens the tight tongues who know where are hounds are.Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family,our pets and all the other poor owners suffering with us.Take Care,Bob xx
- 2012-12-16 17:27 Beanie245
- Gail... Many ThanksThanks so much Gail (scootjockey) I know Tucker is always in your thoughts as always it means alot. As always eyes open for Tay... Good to hear and well I hope!!!
I read an article today on 'the dog news examiner' site about a stolen dog being reunited after 5 years due to a strange or God sent set of circumstances...I am sure its things like this that keep us sane and hoping!! XXXX
- 2012-12-09 07:18 wensmum
- Hi Gail,
Thanks for post on Ragsie's page. That is a great step forward. Have emailed you xxx
- 2012-11-14 00:04 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- still checking in on Tay and looking out for him....thought I'd mention scootjockey - the owner of missing Barney and Sam 41352 has a facebook page for them, with a section for other missing spaniels.......https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/media/set/?set=a.482093218502506.115084.481308935247601&type=1
- 2012-10-28 19:23 scootjockey
- Thanks skippy. Im checking this dog out now. Sending you a text.
- 2012-10-26 12:49 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Chances are this is liver and white springer, but this spaniel found in Liverpool has not yet been reunited on the AW site:
25 Oct 2012
Location: Prescot L35
For further details call 0845 241 7253 (local rate)
to amend, email email@example.com quoting our ref and full postcode, attach picture if available
http://www.animalwardens.co.uk/lost-found-dogs-search?sobi2Task=sobi2Details&_____catid=0&sobi2Id=46577Last edited: 2012-10-26 12:51:36 by skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- 2012-10-10 14:31 gwenhwyfar
- Such a heartbreak, but well done skippy on all your hard work looking for possible reports of Tay! x
- 2012-10-09 19:51 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- So sorry it's another disappointment - just looked at the photo - handsome boy, but much more liver than tan! :( Hope you get good news of Tay soon.x
- 2012-10-09 17:44 scootjockey
- What a shame its not Tay its an ESS without a Chip. xxx
- 2012-10-09 15:44 scootjockey
- Skippy a photo should be on sight in an hour. So excited this dog sounds very promising very nervous and fair eyelashes fingers crossed xxx
- 2012-10-08 22:04 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- just checking in to make sure you'd seen this - still no picture on the site though...
- 2012-10-08 00:16 scootjockey
- Thanks Skippy x
- 2012-10-05 20:31 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- No picture up yet, but found in Pembrokeshire today:
Dog Reference: 520
Colour: Tan / White
Distinguishing Features: None
Time and Date Found: Friday 5th October, 2012 (11:30)
Location where dog was found: Monkton
- 2012-10-02 18:23 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- always looking with Tay in mind scootjockey..... haven't seen anything lately to post, but promise you my eyes are always open for your boy....
- 2012-10-02 16:27 scootjockey
- Hi Angie thanks for keeping Tay in mind as you search for Brook, I often pop onto Brooks FB page as you know. The advert in Counrtymans weekly unfortunately hasnt brought us any news of Tay yet but were hopefull it may. Please all keep posting anything which could link us to Tay thanks Gail and Mark xxx
- 2012-09-20 22:36 scootjockey
- Beanie thanks for the link I have left a message on the contact No. Fingers crossed. xxx
- 2012-09-20 22:25 scootjockey
- Apologies i see Tays page has been bumped thankyou x
- 2012-09-20 22:23 scootjockey
- Thanks Jobadger thats wonderfull we really appreciate that thankyou. Thanks all for keeping Tay in mind. Qwenyfer glad your still around. Jayne can you bump Tays page as he's in country mans weekly please thankyou. x
- 2012-09-19 21:28 angi
- still wishing and hoping Tay is returned home where he belongs.xx Check stud ads when looking for Brook x
- 2012-09-19 09:11 jobadger
- tay's photo and details were on a composite poster I gave out at all M6 services between M56 and Penrith (north and south) when I took Andy upto Uni on Sunday. Also gave them out to parents returning home......... I hope there's some positive news soon. xx
- 2012-09-19 08:29 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine.
- 2012-09-15 12:24 gwenhwyfar
- Just because you haven't heard from us for a while, it doesn't mean the Welshie community has forgotten Tay! I look here every day to see if there's any news or new clues! People are still keeping eyes and ears open!
- 2012-09-13 20:43 Beanie245
- Scootjockey..just in case...http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_blog.php?dogId=42956 says liver and white older cocker spaniel but North East and no pic.. Still looking for Tay.
- 2012-09-08 23:49 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- :) will keep looking - just hope one time it brings him home :)x
- 2012-09-07 22:32 scootjockey
- Beanie your dead right. Any spaniel any cross breed described as brown/tan and white like you has to be checked no matter where in the country. Our dogs are somewhere, I love Skippy posting any possibilities she/he does great work on here lol gail x
- 2012-09-04 16:25 Beanie245
- Just checking in on Tay... still searching even if it says English springer or spaniel some people do not always know the difference... praying one day soon it will be TAY...XXX
- 2012-09-04 14:46 scootjockey
- Hi Skippy thanks for all leads, please keep them coming. One day it will be Tay love gail x
- 2012-09-03 19:41 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- It was always a longshot, but I'm still sorry this one was another false lead Gail and Mark....fingers crossed next time it won't be!
- 2012-09-03 15:37 scootjockey
- The Cocker in Basinstoke was Dooley and chipped to his previous owners, Bless him. Ardinia WSS hope you had a good day at WSSCCS Sat and thank you for getting our Tays story and our plight to find him to the WSSCCS something Mark wasnt involved in though I wished he was. Ardinia were club members already aware Tay had been stolen?Mark and I feel awareness in that circle could eventually bring us some news of Tay.We shall be eternally gratefull for your involvement and all your doing to find our Tay. Mark and I arn't too clever with computers so really appreciate you contacting all mentioned in your post. Let us know please anything we ought to do. Please everyone keep on posting suggestions and anything which may connect to Tay love Gail and Mark x
- 2012-08-31 23:22 Ardinia WSS
- I do hope that the poss siting is Tay - please update asap if it is.
I am at the Welsh Springer Spaniel Club Champ Show tomorrow and we are going to distribute Tay's poster - asking people to put it up in their vets, pet store & groomers - anywhere where someone may recognise him.
As there are owners from all over the UK we should get his poster across GB!
I have also got in touch with the RSPCA in the NE and the PDSA and also a couple of local papers - it is on all of their fb pages, also had it put in the Our Dogs and Dog World Breed Notes - hopefully some news will come in.Last edited: 2012-08-31 23:24:46 by Ardinia WSS
- 2012-08-28 22:00 scootjockey
- Thanks Skippy I'll check this one in morning. Please keep posting as Tay could be anywhere. cheers gail x
- 2012-08-27 13:14 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Was waiting to see if this was reunited this morning before posting - a very long way from home and recorded as a cocker spaniel but wondered if you wanted to follow up:
26 Aug 2012
Location: Basingstoke RG24
Markings: brown patches and ears
For further details call 0845 241 7253 (local rate)
to amend, email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our ref and full postcode, attach picture if available
- 2012-08-20 21:09 scootjockey
- Cheers Skippy. Tay and Mark are so lucky they have so many friends and a whole army of dog lovers helping to bring them back together.They havnt had their day yet but they will. Marks at a friends trying to sort out photos. Im sure I have his description wrong re; markings. Gail x
- 2012-08-20 19:41 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Sorry it wasn't him this time Gail....I promise you - Tay is always at the front of many of our minds when we are looking out for lost ones....will keep looking for him!x
- 2012-08-20 18:55 scootjockey
- Hi Skippy thanks for posting the dog from AW and for texting the details to Mark unfortunately not our Tay this time but one day so please keep looking and posting across to us any possibility's as one day will be Tays day wont it. The dog was reunited to it owner who lives locally,so lucky. Jobager marks trying to get photos done its something we should have done a long time ago. Email us or text or call 01754 830468 if you like. Thanks all lol Gail and Mark xLast edited: 2012-08-23 22:53:36 by scootjockey
- 2012-08-19 21:37 scootjockey
- sorry yes i did mean caernarfon and skem jobadger
- 2012-08-19 21:11 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Closer to home again scootjockey:
19 Aug 2012
Location: Liverpool L16
Colour: Brown Tan
For further details call 0845 241 7253 (local rate)
to amend, email email@example.com quoting our ref and full postcode, attach picture if available
http://www.animalwardens.co.uk/lost-found-dogs-search?sobi2Task=sobi2Details&_____catid=0&sobi2Id=42790Last edited: 2012-08-19 21:12:29 by skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- 2012-08-19 08:14 jobadger
- scootkockey - did you mean Caernarfon and Skem? xx
- 2012-08-18 21:50 scootjockey
- Wow so much help thanks all. GREAT !. Unfortunately a divorce for Mark and a few broken cameras leave us with limited photos, but we have his puppy video and though we dont know how! we'll try to get photo's from that tomorrow. Marks not here at mo but I think he was quite tall.I ll put photos up asap Jobabagder. Ardinia welcome on board again we feel blessed to have you and Quenhwyfar from the WSS pool working with us. Re; the policeman who no-one has placed yet, no he didnt know where he was but he possibly saw Tay and another WSS being walked by a man fitting Tays thief. He could be of great help as he wanted to re-open Tays case. When Im back in Wigan Ill go speak to an inspector in Wigan station. A couple of places that spring to mind for heavy postering are canaervan and Skemersdale, Riby ??!!Dr/rd.Thankyou Gwenhwyfar for our conversations Im so happy weve become friends you have a mine of WSS information and resources we prayed far. Thankyou everyone we cant do this thing without your help, please keep up the good work and thanks for caring. Love Gail and Mark xxx PS there's poss a WSS owner/breeder police officer in Liverpool.
- 2012-08-18 16:03 jobadger
- Hi - would you happen to have a photo of Tay from the side (rightside if possible) - also what is his height - shoulder - roughly. Is he normal welshie size or bigger? xx
- 2012-08-17 23:47 gwenhwyfar
- It seems that the litter of WSS in Newton Aycliffe are genuine and their sire was not Tay. Also the possible Welshie in Pembrokeshire has been claimed.
- 2012-08-17 19:22 Ardinia WSS
- Hi - I was so shocked to hear that Tay was srill missing I used to write the wss breed notes for Our Dogs and wrote about him when he firstw ent missing. I no longer write the notes but with some other breeders we are going to try to publicize Tay as much as poss. Putting up posters at shows etc. We are also urging people to copy his poster form here and put them up in their local Vets, Pet shops and groomers in the hope someone may just recognise him.
Any ideas of his poss location would be a great help as we could always get local owners/breeders to put themup in that particular area.
I know many people who show but a policeman in wigan doesnt come to mind I will ask around to see if anyone knows this man. as he could be of great help. Did he know where Tay was?
- 2012-08-17 18:02 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- As normal, a longshot - the description of the colour of this found dog caught my eye - found in Pembrokeshire - Springer described as tan and white instead of the normal liver - will keep my eyes on the page for a picture - link below:
Dog Reference: 478
Breed: Springer Spaniel
Colour: Tan / White
Dog collar: Blue / Green
Distinguishing Features: Fat
Time and Date Found: Thursday 16th August, 2012 (14:30)
Location where dog was found: Tegryn
http://www.lostandfounddogs.co.uk/lost-dogsLast edited: 2012-08-17 18:04:09 by skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- 2012-08-17 10:15 Bessie-May
- There's a Welsh springers group who are based in the East Midlands/Yorkshire area, perhaps worth contacting them if you haven't already? Here's the link:
- 2012-08-17 09:21 gwenhwyfar
- Perhaps the WSS community can help re the PO especially as he exhibited at Crufts. I will let you know what I find out.
- 2012-08-17 00:09 scootjockey
- Aww thanks Annie Ill have a go tomorrow. night all xxx
- 2012-08-16 19:47 AnnieSparky
- Hi Tays Mum....would you recognise the name of the Police Officer? Not sure if this would help but after a google search I found GMP wigan Division website, click on "Your Neighbourhood Team" and there is a list with photos of the Police Officers at Wigan:
Am always on the lookout for handsome Tay.....keep that determination, you are doing so well xx
- 2012-08-16 14:29 scootjockey
- Thanks kimmybear. Mark took a call from another local breeder whom weve been in touch with recently. Mark hadnt needed to explain about our Tay he already knew.We are trying to contact the Police Officer who saw Tays poster in Wigan Police Station and rang us in February we had 3 interesting conversations 4th time he rang back and left his details for me to ring back(unfortunately his mess got accidently erased)briefly the PO has had 5 welsh Springer Spaniels, he also showed them at Crufts, he also became the owner of a Welsh Springer who whilst in prep at Crufts took a bang on its head possibly from a competitor,this dog could no longer compete and the officer was given ownership app 12 months later. does anyone know this guy?I have googled but nothing. Any idea's guys? please. Jayne I wondered if CJ could help with this one. Let me know please. Ta. THanks everyone, please keep forwarding your ideas and suggestions and if you can help get in touch on the above mobile or 01754 830468 or email. thanks Gail and mark x
- 2012-08-15 22:43 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Hi, I have amended to WSS and changed your email on the poster and also on our contact info. Keep going, you're doing well! x
- 2012-08-14 22:06 scootjockey
- Hi everyone. Jayne can you chance my email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ta. Caroline thanks for message, think the Email on poster is an old one. Im away at mo but may be contacted on 01754 830468. Mark took a call from Tays breeder today, theyve been folllowing doglost since we contacted them. Think they must have read Wensmums post, thell get back to us, thankyou. x God how hard it is to track Tay down when your theif even with all we know sticks with it. Helen we are stoney broke now (keeping 2 homes on 1 income plus £200+ commuting) I packed in work monday morning after Tay was stolen....Mark had travelled back home for work, minus Tay behind dog guard, crying the whole 3 1/2 hrs then just as I was leaving for work i had a call and a possible a sighting plus constantly postering and replacing posters and the many nights out alone all night ..... well, Mark couldnt look for Tay as 160 miles away. The time Mark first said I dont think ill see Tay again was when I made a promise to find him and if I dont find him ill get to the bottom of it and thats why we are still here after 18 mths. Limited funds have restricted us and im sure Mark will agree to a Tays trust/fund acc, I hope so. Thanks gwenhwyfar keping him high profile in Wales and with Breeders. PLease everyone keep up the good work and keep us posted. I will be back on here tomorrow so good night, sleep well love Gail and Mark xx
- 2012-08-09 11:24 gwenhwyfar
- The breeder in Newton Aycliffe is selling the puppies at less than half the price of registered WSS at the moment, so I suggest the puppies are unregistered , possibly because the breeder doesn't have the papers of one or both of the parents (there are other reasons of course)
- 2012-08-09 08:54 gwenhwyfar
- I have posted on the WSS Group on FB with almost 1500 members, nearly half in this country. Most REPUTABLE breeders of WSS in this country are in this group: somebody may have heard of unregistered puppies being offered for sale as it doesn't happen a lot in our breed. Keep fighting!
- 2012-08-05 06:40 wensmum
- Hi Gail, I got this off a UK based DNA site
Dog DNA Parentage testing provides conclusive evidence of the biological sire to a pup. Using the latest DNA technology, 23 ISAG DNA Markers, our experienced laboratory team compare the DNA profiles of each dog to determine parentage.
Points to consider with canine parentage testing:
•If the mother is not available for testing then parentage can ONLY be excluded. In order to provide a positive parentage result the mother must be tested.
•It is also possible to determine if dogs are siblings or establish the mother of the dog.
•Our dedicated animal forensic team is able to test a large range of special specimens such as hair, tissue and teeth in order to generate a DNA profile. Additional fees apply.
For a sire of pups test it is £129 - dont know if this includes the bitch. I will email them and find out more, and more about testing from hair - but it sounds as though if you are getting DNA from pups you need to hug the mum as well, wearing clothes that pick up hair
- 2012-08-04 09:08 Helen
- Hi Scootjockey...re-expensive DNA testing...if the police are investigating they should do it anyway but if they won't for some unknown reason (I do get cross with them) the RSPCA or other animal charities sometimes help with this kind of thing x or another idea I had was to start a "help find Tay" donation on his Facebook page...all you need is to register his cause as a charity and a bank account....anything funds you don't use you can donate to another charity when you find him....I would gladly donate your first £5 to start you off x
- 2012-08-03 14:24 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Hi Kimmybear - one quick question - should the text be 'WSS puppies', not 'WWS puppies'?
- 2012-08-03 12:43 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- As per email to Jayne1, I have asked for Tay to go in Countryman's Weekly. It won't be for a couple of weeks, because it has to be done in advance so they can print. But, he's been put forward. x
- 2012-08-03 12:33 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Finally did it! Is awkward because you only have so many words that fit, so adapted best I could. I do know your two co-ords are not available but someone else was going to phone. I will try again anyway. Keep going and good luck - we all want Tay home where he belongs. x
- 2012-08-03 12:13 scootjockey
- Given up on them Kimmybear Ill find someone more appropriate. but much appreciated.. Gail x
- 2012-08-03 12:11 scootjockey
- Wonderfull job with poster up-date KImmybear thankyou for your time and all the help and advise and biggest thank you for caring.love gail x
- 2012-08-03 12:10 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Okay, its a work in progress, as it won't all fit. Hang on........ then you can check it. I'll remind the co-ord to contact you. So sorry. x
- 2012-08-03 11:49 scootjockey
- Hi Kimmybear thanks so much. Just put it in you own words if you like stating what you think best, im easy it just needed updating. Ta and thanks for helping. Unfortunately I still havnt been contacted by a co-ordinator Dont think theres any help for Tay. Not to worry Im looking for help I needed 4 weeks ago. I ll get there.. Best wishes Gail x
- 2012-08-03 11:27 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Hi, I don't know if co-ord has contacted you yet? Jayne1 has asked me to update the page as you requested. I am going to do it now, but don't know how much I can fit on. Will do my best. I am hoping this means we could have good news on Tay at some point. I have fingers and paws crossed here. You are a great bunch out there, well done and thank you for helper Tay's owners and Tay. x
- 2012-08-03 03:49 scootjockey
- Bazil cant find the link below maybe the add has has been removed now x
- 2012-08-01 11:52 scootjockey
- Thanks Bazil xxx
Last edited: 2012-08-03 03:44:17 by scootjockey
- 2012-08-01 00:50 scootjockey
- Thanks Annie xxLast edited: 2012-08-03 03:45:15 by scootjockey
- 2012-07-31 22:30 AnnieSparky
- Hi Gail....you are doing so well while supporting others on D/L.
Wish I was a brain box,lol, infact am a bit of a late starter on F/B but getting there....not completely sorted yet so not on D/L NW F/B quite yet (I know its bad)....but will be soon :)
Would like to know about your idea....keep your chin up....we are all determined to find your Tay xx
- 2012-07-31 20:11 bazil
- Thanks for your lovely comment Gail and Mark. Just wondering if you are aware of this Welsh Springer breeder on preloved, they are up in the Durham area, Newton Aycliffe. Seen them advertising a few times on there. Link is http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/105446615 If they are genuine they may keep their eyes and ears open for you.
I will keep looking xLast edited: 2012-07-31 20:17:57 by bazil
- 2012-07-31 12:13 scootjockey
- Hello Annie I have kindda got on the sight but havnt mastered the photo`s of dogs she`s rehoming Ill get in there eventually, Is this a horrible thing to say but I suspect we should be watching some of her activities to see where she breeds these litters she keeps pulling out the bag !! Too much cloak and dagger st which makes her cagey I did agree to look into that place and her contracts with various Councils and the general public I may get on it this week all being well. Annie you may be able to help with an idea I have Id like to run it by you if I may. You are on DL NW FB arnt you? I could mess you later if so. You are a great help and proper brain box with your great ideas on doglost. Bless your heart Annie and keep up the amazing work. love Gail x
Last edited: 2012-08-03 03:46:07 by scootjockey
- 2012-07-30 20:13 AnnieSparky
- Hi Gail and Mark....thank you so much for that.....will keep looking ....and thinking! Saw your post on another dogs page about Leigh Dogs home webpage....think they have only recently started the stray gallery and adoption gallery but yes it is really good though of course just a small selection.
Hoping as always Tay is found soon xx
- 2012-07-29 23:33 scootjockey
- Annie,Helen,Kimmybear,Skippy and Bazil thank you all for your help,advise and info, Mark and I find it very comforting an indeed helpfull. I had wondered about the DNA thing but dismissed it as being far too expensive but I could try and make this do-able with a little help, maybe.Thanks Helen.Great we have a co-ordinator now thanks Kimmybear.Thanks Bazil for checking that dog out for us and sending Tays photo over you are our trusted friend whom we can rely upon you work relentlessly here on doglost, what happened to the dog you were searching so hard to find? Please all please keep your looking for our little old man and let us know any possible clues and ideas you find they could tie in with what we already have. Its great we have some local ladies.And Ill get Tays poster details changed giving a better description of his markings. THankyou all for your support it means the world to us. love Mark and Gail x
- 2012-07-29 18:27 bazil
- Scootjockey/Gail I have emailed Tay's photo and she says it is definately not him, the dog she seen was a much darker brown/liver colour and his hair was shorter x
Hoping your boy is found very soon x
- 2012-07-29 16:30 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Hi Tays mum...just to let you know I'm still looking out for your gorgeous boy.x
There was a lovely liver and white springer on the Cheshire West strays page this week....listed as female, but I always take a closer look for your boy....not him I'm 99.9% sure, but just to let you know we are all still out here quietly hoping we can find him and bring him home to you.
Link below for Cheshire West if you want to take a look and satify yourself now I have mentioned it! Take care - hope he's home soon. :)x
- 2012-07-27 16:43 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Found a nice co-ord to contact you, Tay's mummy. She will do so as soon as she can. x
- 2012-07-27 15:40 Helen
- Scootkockey, probably a long shot but do you have anything with Tay's DNA on, if you can find some Welsh Springer puppies for sale you can get an order to DNA test (your local PC should be able to advise).....just thinking you may have got that phone call becasue they are wanting to sell pups?? Just speculating and clutching straws but worth checking out?
- 2012-07-27 09:59 AnnieSparky
- Thinking of you and Tay....have been looking out for Shep in Billinge area but also looking out for Tay. Good luck with the communicator xx
- 2012-07-26 23:58 scootjockey
- Thank you very much Kimmybear and Ashmark we really do appreciate your help, advise and you posting here. We hope to make contact with Catherine as soon as Mark arrives for the weekend. Ashmark Mark received your text thank you, I did wonder why our co-ordinator hadnt answered nor posted in a long,long time, hope the ladies are better soon.Again thanks, x
- 2012-07-26 00:09 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- I've just seen Wensmum's link as well. I am sure either one will help you. Let us know how you get on. x
- 2012-07-26 00:05 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- I have found out that your local co-ordinators, due to sickness and absences, have not been available. I'm sorry, but that is why you have not heard. I knew they wouldn't ignore you :-) Someone will phone you as soon as they can, scootjockey. And, I would definitely go with Catherine, as Ashmark as mentioned. Excellent commnicator. x
- 2012-07-25 22:46 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Have sent a text with details of Catherine Walker, an animal communicator who helps Doglost a lot and is well known to some of our co-ordinators.
- 2012-07-25 18:22 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Tay's Mum, I'll try and find someone for you. I don't know this area and am unable to make voice calls, but I will find a local co-ordinator to contact you. So sorry. I think we are a bit thin on the ground at the moment, but we are always with you. If you need anything urgently, just call the HQ number, okay? Hang on, will go an ask........ xxx
- 2012-07-19 17:55 wensmum
- Hi Gail,
This is the animal communicator lady Eilean Drysdale http://www.healing-freedom.co.uk/ 01299 871 754. She is on the web, so can't mind being on here! Apparently she doesn't check emails often, so better to ring her. She does healing as per the website, but does animal communication as well - I dont know if she can work over a distance, but please do talk to her - she is a lovely lady. xx Caroline
- 2012-07-18 21:46 scootjockey
- Thanks Sophiespuds. I totally agree. I cant speak, xxx
- 2012-07-18 21:15 sophiesuds
- The only two that I am aware of are James French (probably google that one) but have read the book written by Pea Horsley who sounds brilliant and sympathetic and is recommended by Irish Retriever Rescue (who my dog Sophie came from). May be also worth mentioning that most communicators can do this by phone and also if you send them an item of the animal photo, rug, collar etc. They are also able to send healing to the animal concerned which I am sure Tay would appreciate, no matter where he is just knowing your love is around him will make him strong bless him. Check free ads daily for you and any other avenue Ican think of. Stay strong.
- 2012-07-18 21:14 scootjockey
- Hi Skippy Ive got the kennel No where the found in Bacup dog is held. Thank you xxx
- 2012-07-18 18:55 scootjockey
- Beanie and Wensmum Im back on form here twice as vicious and my MY BITE IS WORSE THAN MY BARK !!!! Im angry as a wasp and like a dog with a bone and cant drop it even if I wanted to and I will have EM!!and they`ll pay, to shame full not too. Really curious about what a communicator actually does Ill try Utube see what comes. Wensmum are you in a similar boat to us?Youve hhad some nasty calls about Rags Im guessing the Hoaxer got away with it. It makes my blood boil. I had a very interesting talk today with CPOs and Ill be cracking the whip where Im pissed off. Thanks your kind words, well wishes, encouraging words and advice have really helped lift our spirits and kept us strong. Love Gail and Mark xcLast edited: 2012-07-18 21:17:58 by scootjockey
- 2012-07-18 15:10 wensmum
- I went to a talk given by an animal communicator on Sunday - she is also a healer. We had the dogs there that she talked to - everyone talked to. It seemed so much sense - could see how they re-acted. I can't understand how "professional" ones work - ie do it for money over the phone. I am trying to get contact details for you, will ring when I have.
All our cases are different (as well as being so similar!) but I had several phone calls from a bloke who said he had cut Rags up - he hadn't - the police found him - some people are just so sick. I don't know what you have been told, so forgive me if this is wrong, but I don't think a stunning unusual Welsh Springer who is fathering litters would be killed, but you may get told this so (if they dont know you) you might give up?
I know it doesn't help you, but I think of you so much
- 2012-07-18 00:40 Beanie245
- Our hearts go out to you Gail...Stay positive Tay is far too valuable,probably a hoax to put you off the scent, I Believe in gut feelings and I have always felt that Tay will come home, I pray that my feelings are true.. Speak soon XXXX
- 2012-07-18 00:02 scootjockey
- Thanks all. Thanks so much youve all helped lift me from the dark side so to speak. I couldnt have bounced back without your support your all great and again thank you.xxxx Sophiesuds I totally agree with every word you say. Animal communicater is something we havnt tried but considering it. Anyone have any suggestions who we should use. Im quite a spiritual person and it has always appealed to me.Awwh Skippy your a star for finding this dog below Ill check it out now. I have friends in Bacup not too far but if it was 300 miles away its worth checking. Thanks for posting Skippy and please keep looking with Tay in mind/ Lots of love Gail x
- 2012-07-16 22:47 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Tays mum - I hope with all my heart that you are wrong and that Tay will be returned soon to his rightful home.
I know Tay is chipped, and am sure you would have had a call if this was him, but there is a liver and white male springer listed as found on the Animal Wardens website today - found in Bacup OL13:
16 Jul 2012
Location: Bacup OL13
For further details call 0845 241 7253 (local rate)
to amend, email email@example.com quoting our ref and full postcode, attach picture if available
Not all that close to home I know, but I also know you check all leads for your boy. Hope he's home very soon.xx
- 2012-07-16 21:40 sophiesuds
- Hi Tays Mum and family. Cant imagine the anger and frustration you are feeling right now. I think if I was in your situation I would follow the family concerned and get a feel for their routine, even if it means hiring a private detective, maybe insurance would cover it. I know there are such things as pet detectives who do this for a living. I would be like you and hunt them down til they got their just desserts. There is more than one way to skin a cat (sorry for that expression) but even if its a call to benefits hotline or any other dodgy things you consider they are involved in especially where animals are concerned, or authority, make their lives a bit stressful as payback, which means they will be taking their mind off the ball in respect of Tay and maybe slip up and you will find something to lead you to him. Have you spoken to an animal communicator, not everyones thing but surely worth a try. Just another bit of info although dont know if it will help you but there has just been placed an advert on Gumtree Exeter for welsh puppies for sale the same colouring as Tays. Know its a long way away from you but who knows maybe worth a look at pictures or a phone call. Wishing a safe return of Tay one day. Hugs
- 2012-07-16 09:12 Meru
- Praying that Tay is still alive xx
- 2012-07-15 23:39 scootjockey
- xLast edited: 2012-07-16 00:09:09 by scootjockey
- 2012-07-15 23:32 scootjockey
- Still havnt had any contact with a co-ordinator, Ive left a message, no reply. I hate posting negative stuff. JUst to say I couldnt feel more hurt and pain and Im about to explode with anger. Already had a set to with druggies who occupy our car park and one of the cars arrived at our walk.Im supposed to be intimadated here but I just aint the mood ant wont be even if hell froze over. Gail x
- 2012-07-15 20:41 Julie
- Still thinking about Tay and hoping you will soon get to the bottom of this awful chapter. I think sometimes things are said in the hope you will just give up looking but of course dog lovers never do. As I said before never give up hope. Janiejewel it felt like a miracle when my friend's dog was found after such a long time he was quite a long way from home and we believe had been living on a travellers site for all this time - he is even back working sheep now and the other thing was that two small children had arrived in his absence which he is really good with which was a major worry but he is fit and well and we are all thankful for the happy outcome. I wish Tay and his family the same. With love Julie x
- 2012-07-15 20:18 janiejewel1649
- Sorry to see Tay is still missing. As someone has said, the dog is worth more to them alive. Some individuals will say these things out of pure malice and spite. Are the police heavily involved here? After all a crime has been committed here. Julie. Nice to know your friends were reunited with their dog after such a long time. Good luck in the search for Tay. Paws and fingers xd.
- 2012-07-14 21:48 bazil
- Thinking about Tay and his family xxx
- 2012-07-14 12:04 Angelmort
- I read on another dogs page that Dog Wardens actually have the right to enter a premises to scan an animal. If you believe you know where Tay is, maybe you should push for the Dog Warden to make a visit. Really hope you have answers soon. X
- 2012-07-13 23:31 dinkydoodle
- I too still look for Tay; I hope Gail you have luck in finding out exactly what is what and we all hope and pray that your gorgeous boy will be back with you where he belongs. Please take care xx
- 2012-07-13 23:10 jobadger
- I so hope this isn't true. I'm unable to put into words my feelings and thoughts for you and Tay. I hope you all come through this safely. xxLast edited: 2012-07-13 23:10:51 by jobadger
- 2012-07-13 22:51 Julie
- I am not sure what has happened here but all I will say is that dogs are more valuable to thieves alive - my friend had a collie stolen 6 years ago and had some awful telephone calls soon after demanding money and saying what awful things they were going to do to their dog - anyway a couple of months ago he was found wandering and is now back with them safe and sound. I am praying for you that your lovely boy is soon back with you. Never give up hope. Special wishes to you. Julie x
- 2012-07-13 21:35 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- I am so terribly sorry. You do what you have to do until you find out! If this is the case, then maybe you now have nothing to lose, so can go further? I really don't know what you are dealing with, but I am willing you through this. I so hope, it is not the case, but go with your gut instinct! God bless you and Tay, wherever she is. She is with you in her heart. x
- 2012-07-13 20:33 Laura
- How terrible for the owners, i really am praying that they are just fobbing you off and he is still alive. they are probabley just saying this to get you off there backs. but im sure you wont give up! xx
- 2012-07-13 20:12 AnnieSparky
- How awful :(
Am thinking of you and Tay.....if I can help in any way please also let me know xx
- 2012-07-13 19:29 wensmum
- Oh, Tay's Mum, I so hope you are wrong, and the information you have had is false. My heart goes out to you - you are in such a horrible place. I hope and pray that your beautiful boy comes safe home. If I can help at all, please let me know
- 2012-07-13 18:15 scootjockey
- Alison the tip off we had 2 weeks after Tay was stolen are the people who have had him the whole time. REmember it was their son Ben who told me about the house his dad takes him too with spaniel puppies somthing to do with their Roxy (ESS)the ones we saw but vanished as we stopped the car.Fast forward 6 months and someone very close to me and owner of a Brittany got in touch after Tays thief offered him a Welshie puppy without papers for the father £500/550. He was also asked by brother of our thief earlier in the year to breed his with their Welshie they had seen him with his Brittany and mistook it for a WSS.These people dont have a WSS. We have known 100 recent for a long time now who has him tho weve not seen him.We expected his release but still no show sadly we dont believe we shall see him again. Our worst fears havnt been confirmed. I know these characters and have a gut feeling.I spoke to Jayne and discussed at lengh and we decided to change his poster to inclue our thoughts. We contue our search till we find him or untill we know exactely what they did with him x
- 2012-07-13 18:08 bazil
- Oh no, what is happening. Tay's mum you are in my thoughts, you are a wonderful, helpful person.
I always look out for Tay on the websites, he is one that has stuck in my mind. If you need any help at all Gail let me know. I am willing to travel and maybe unknown faces may be able to dig deeper.
Praying this is not true xxx Last edited: 2012-07-13 18:18:23 by bazil
- 2012-07-13 17:48 Harleysmum
- Thinking of you (((HUGS)))
- 2012-07-13 17:14 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Oh my goodness Gail, what's going on???? I guess from reading the latest posts you've an idea of who took Tay? Have the Police been informed? Hoping you get him back safely. You offer so much support to others in the same position as you, so you really deserve to have home back home with you. Let me know if I can be of any help! Alison xx
- 2012-07-13 17:11 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- How upsetting......some people are evil to say such things
- 2012-07-13 17:05 Jayne - Head Office
- I dont think this dog has ben killed...but owner has had some calls...hopefully one of you local co ordinators will make contact...tx
- 2012-07-13 16:40 Jayne - Head Office
- Have spoken to owner...she will be ringing Jackalee...
- 2012-07-13 16:13 scootjockey
- I THINK THEY HAVE KILLED OUR TAY
- 2012-07-10 18:17 scootjockey
- Annie we welcome your help and glad to have you on board. Thanks Annie. x Hi Wensmum great post very much appreciated especially the Dog Warden info we knew nothing of their powers, very good to know, many thanks for pointing all this stuff out, its absoloutely crucial every things in place when the time comes. Big thank you from Mark and I. xxx Ive posted on Ragsie`s page. Hope her anniversary bumping helps bring you some good news. x Last edited: 2012-07-11 01:45:15 by scootjockey
- 2012-07-09 16:53 wensmum
- Hi Tay's Mum, forgive me if you know all this, but things that I have learnt when it was thought Ragsie might be in the hands of particular people - dog wardens have the right to enter a house to scan a dog - have you got a crime number? might be useful? Chip is not proof of ownership, but is part of "weight of evidence" - as is that you reported him issing to chip company and to doglost, who have very helpfully got the date he was registered on their database, any paperwork helps, photos, records, vaccination certificates etc. I would suggest that you tell your chip database that he is not be rehomes without your permission, because sad to say some do, even for dogs reported missing.
Will help if I can, best of luck
- 2012-07-07 11:06 AnnieSparky
- Also will help in any way I can.....I am in West Lancs....not too far away. Tay is such a handsome boy and should be home with his mum and dad xx Keep going Gail xx
- 2012-07-06 23:08 scootjockey
- Excellent Neighbark. I certainly do have an address I have a name too.His twin brothers were in my class at school infact between me and my 3 sisters Id say that we know all 7 members of his family. I know his relatives many of his associates and where his missus hails from where she works and that she has kept her dog elswhere for more than 13 months she brought it back to her house about 4 weeks ago. It cut like a knife when I saw her walking it like a proud up holding citizen thinking it had all been forgotten about. Well guess what it aint !! Im actually away for a few more days and can be contacted on 01754 830468 or the Mobile above. Heavens knows what we`ll discover round there. Its a fantastic offer and perfect for the job. Tay really does have a friend. Speak soon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
- 2012-07-05 23:22 Neighbark
- Well Scootjockey - I think you might have your 'team tay' on standby ! James Taylor's 'You've got a friend' springs to mind. We might all just get to meet if you could come up with an address for Tay. I'd like Beanie in my corner, that's for sure ! xLast edited: 2012-07-05 23:24:00 by Neighbark
- 2012-07-05 22:55 scootjockey
- Thanks Neighbark and Beanie. xxx
- 2012-07-05 00:38 Beanie245
- Scootjockey... Must be hell for you but hang on in there.. I can only imagine what you are feeling.
IF there is ANYTHING we can do in any way please do not hesitate to call, I really mean that.
Tay has always stayed on my mind and I have always felt that he would be coming home to you one day... Wishing, hoping and praying for Tay's day into the blue!!XXXLast edited: 2012-07-05 00:40:14 by Beanie245
- 2012-07-05 00:29 Neighbark
- Hi Scootjockey - I am absolutely horrified at your story - I'm in the midlands - if you ever need anything/anywhere checking and I can get there - let me know! Keeping Tay from you is wicked - good to see he's chipped - might come in handy if the bastard who has him decides to turn him out!
- 2012-07-04 20:27 Beanie245
- Always look out for Tay on sites(anything that says spaniel... and everywhere in our seach for Tucker..do you have any pics of his body markings, generally I assume that he has some colour on his body.
We are still working away re a new advertising approach.. Nik from doglost is looking into it..
Tay is such an unusual breed I scour sites for welsh springer puppies for sale... not too many offered might it be worth someone placing an add on your behalf for a WANTED welsh springer puppy.. willing to wait etc etc... see who comes out of the woodwork, would obviously have to view etc.. you may have done this but just a thought? Tucker's Mum X
- 2012-07-04 15:21 scootjockey
- Helen thats a brilliant idea and we will look in to it. Tho Tay was stolen from my home in Wigan he belongs to Mark my boyfreind who actually lives on the East Coast 160 miles away. Im there at the moment.Guess what we are surrounded here by RAF bases and training schools theres sea defence control towers on a beach we walk. I ll speak to Mark later. Thanks again Helen. Gail x
- 2012-07-03 23:20 Helen
- scootjockey you have given me and my family so much support when you've been going through your own hell....I've been reading a bit of your history.....did you ever find a pet detective? If not do you have a local military baase/college near you as we haave several and some of the security guards are ex-police officers and are very glad to help with researching certain information that may seem unobtainable.....hope this helps.....really hope you find Tay soon, you more than deserve to x Holly's mum x x x x
- 2012-07-03 12:27 scootjockey
- Million thankyous Annnie, glad to have you on board,Gail xxx
- 2012-07-01 17:24 AnnieSparky
- Am fairly new to Dogs Lost, was searching dogs lost in WN5 and saw Tay is still missing after being cruelly stolen....just to say I will be keeping a lookout for this handsome boy and so will my friends and family x (sorry not on facebook.....yet)
- 2012-07-01 16:26 scootjockey
- ....No reply. I did ask on FB if anyone knew anything about this dog,was told the finder took it to LCADs home and was reunited with owner x
- 2012-06-29 13:44 scootjockey
- Well spotted Skippy, thanks for the link, we have emailed so waiting for a reply. Could this be him!! I ll keep you posted..... excited now. thanks,thanks everyone for not ever forgetting our Tay is still missing and have continued searching for its such a long, long time now but as ever still hopefull. If he`s found and taken to vets as a stray we will be contacted via his Chip. Cum On Tay XXX
- 2012-06-29 08:54 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Found dog on the animal search site 28/06/12 in Ashton in Makerfield, WN4 - described as Liver and White Cocker Spaniel
- 2012-06-18 11:34 scootjockey
- Dog had been claimesd by its owner from Acorn K. x
- 2012-06-17 21:43 scootjockey
- This is a long shot but theres a very bad photo on Cheshire Councils stray dogs of a springer, and with a little imagination of how Tay might look cut short and with his ears cut short as possible and if we could see clearly what colour this found dog actually is cos you cant tell from photo.....it does look like him.Praying and wishing and hoping x
- 2012-06-14 17:28 scootjockey
- Dear Tay youve not been forgotton about and you wont be. I check on here daily to see if you have been released yet. Surely your theives know by now that untill your returned no pleasure do they have with their bitch.!!!!!just a consencious observation of course! hugs and love and lots of happy times again waiting here for you on your return...Gail and Mark your Mum and Dad xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- 2012-04-27 15:41 scootjockey
- Hi Alison. Yes were all good and were still im Wigan yet, not good. Im always on the case so to speak. My concerns with the other dog!!!!! Words which actually came from my mouth as we were in discussion(Mark and I). LOve Gail x
- 2012-04-25 21:30 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Gail. I see you still post messages on other pages. I hope you are well? Any news whatsoever on Tay? Have you moved yet? Can't believe it's over a year now that Tay was stolen. Hopefully whoever took him will think the heat is now off and venture out with him!! Love Alison xx
- 2012-04-13 13:09 scootjockey
- One day Im sure We`ll have some thing to work with untill then my little old man We`ll keep searching for you love love love and miss you Tay xxxx
- 2012-04-03 15:20 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Hi Gail.I was just wondering where all the thousands of missing/stolen dogs are,they must be somewhere and someone knows the answer to this puzzle.Best Wishes to all owners,Bob.
- 2012-04-01 04:41 scootjockey
- Hi Maggie I hope you got my update. thanks for all the great work you do love gail x
- 2012-03-22 09:45 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- requested update!!!
- 2012-01-30 10:07 scootjockey
- Absolutely love the new:- See more dogs lost in WN5.Its so helpfull, thanks. Hope our little old man come`s home very soon, hope your being treated well Tay love Mum and dad xxxxxxx
- 2012-01-11 13:48 scootjockey
- Lots of love, hugggs and cuddles are sent for our brave little man Tay. Please pass them on to him better still give him back R !!!!!! All our love to my dog mummy Gail x
- 2011-12-26 02:27 scootjockey
- CHRISTMAS DAY 2011 whilst everyone is sleeping my thoughts are with Tay, be happy little man. Bob glad your getting another dog I recommend it to bring some sunshine back into your life .Hours out with dog means hours on the lookout for Josh,Great. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Bob and to everyone.love Gail x
- 2011-12-19 18:07 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Hi Gail.Hope the new hound helps you and your family to heal the wounds of losing Tay (hopefully he will be back soon).We may be getting a new dog as well (The Police are aware of this and will help keep him safe ).As with you,there will always be the "Top Dog" crown waiting for him on his return.Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone.Best Wishes,Bob.
- 2011-12-09 14:58 scootjockey
- Still nothing on our Tay,"God love him as much as we do" Im still checking as many dog sites and my eyes are wide open!Yes We did buy another puppy similar to Charlie,Happy days!x Bob I always have Josh im mind as im trawling through and always will.... Unfortunately Bob theres no Criminal Justice for most but there is such a thing as Poetic Justice! Theres a lot of Love waiting to be given to our Pooche`s,do the right thing and safely get them back home.Gail x
- 2011-12-02 19:30 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Gail. Checking in on Tay's page for any news. Did I see from a post you left elsewhere that you now have 2 cockers? They are gorgeous dogs aren't they! No, Ozzie was our 8 year old rottie. He was our big, cuddly "bear" and Barney (our 10 year old cocker) misses him badly, as do the whole family. Sorry there's been no word on Tay or Josh. I truly believe that what goes around, comes around Bob. Hoping for good news for you both xx
- 2011-11-25 09:14 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Hi Gail.Just touching base,hoping one day you tell me Tay is back home safe and well.It feels like we are the one's with the life sentence instead of the b------s who steal our loved ones.There is definitely no justice in this world.I would gladly wire each and every one of them to the National Grid and watch them suffer as we have!Best Wishes,Bob.XX
- 2011-11-22 22:03 scootjockey
- The puppy found doesnt give enough info unfortunately.How sorry to read that you lost Ozzie Im guesssing ozzie was your 14yr old Cocker who played like a puppy even in his last yr Bless him,obviously a happy dog,Oh What fun they`ll have at the bridge.Thoughts are with you love. xxx
- 2011-11-22 16:25 scootjockey
- Thanks Alision I ll have a look. Dudleys Wolverhamptan way meaning by car over an hours drive which isnt far.Thanks quenhwyfar thats great and much appreiciated, we still numpties on here any help on internet helps us more than you`ll know.I keep popping in on here even though nothing really to post except the obvious while hes away from let him be loved, Bless him Gail xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- 2011-11-17 08:14 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Gail - there's a welsh springer puppy on found page - no 34543. Found near Dudley - is this anywhere near you? Wondered if it could be Tay's offspring?
- 2011-11-14 22:17 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Still checking your page Tay - come on love, please show yourself xx
- 2011-11-05 19:27 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Gail. Make sure Tay's microchip details are up to date when you move (I think you once mentioned that he is Mark's dog - so they probably are correct anyway). Also let the dog warden know as he WILL turn up oneday xx
- 2011-11-05 10:16 gwenhwyfar
- Just to say that reminders are regularly sent to members of the WSS Club and I am about to add details to a newish WSS forum on FB. He WILL turn up. xx
- 2011-11-05 01:52 scootjockey
- SO SORRY TO HEAR SAD NEWS OF ROCKET.NO ALISION WE HAVNT POSTERED IN AGES, THERES NO POINT THEY GET TORN DOWN IMMEDIATELY.I POSTERED ALONE BECAUSE MARK LIVES 160 MILES FROM WIGAN. IM MOVING TO MARKS PLACE SOON BUT TAYS DETAILS ARE CORRECT AND I HAVE FAMILY AND FREINDS HERE.LOVE GAIL XXX
- 2011-10-29 19:36 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Just checking on Tay's page - I haven't forgotten you sweetheart. Are your posters still up Gail?
- 2011-10-15 00:29 scootjockey
- Awwwh little man,hope your being loved,we think of you every day.xxx
- 2011-10-13 22:17 scootjockey
- Oh please dont be sorry Alision,were glad especially this time as we been off line and would have missed this dog.love gail xxx
- 2011-10-13 20:12 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Oh Gail, I am SO sorry to have got your hopes up for nothing! However, it goes to show that there ARE people still looking out for him. Really hope it's him next time. Alison xxxx
- 2011-10-13 17:57 scootjockey
- We had a reply from K9 first thing this morning,sadly not Tay,looks nothing like him,big thankyou from mark and I to everyone who spotted this dog and thought of our little boy.One day Eh!Love gail xxx
- 2011-10-13 02:11 scootjockey
- Thanks Alison,back on line just in time.I ll post on here tomorrow asap,its late so cant get a reply from K9 at mo,love Gail xxx
- 2011-10-12 20:32 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Gail
This is a copy of Magdalena's (Biscuit's mum) post on Facebook. Might be worth you checking out?? They only give you 7 days to claim your dog (went on their website 12.10.11).
FOUND in Central Birmingham
Collie Cross Spaniel?, male neutered, white with tan...
by: K9 Search UK West Midlands Lost & Found Dog Alerts
Like · · Follow Post · 23 hour
- 2011-10-10 16:37 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Hi Gail.Hope you and your family are well and as always hope Tay is home with you very soon.Best Wishes,Bob.
- 2011-10-03 22:05 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Gail. Are you moving far? I still check Tay's page several times a week, hoping for news. Have you got friends or family in the area that can still look out for Tay after you've moved? Alison x
- 2011-10-02 00:16 scootjockey
- Hi Alison no news, Im moving soon,too scared to keep charlie in wigan.Nice you back.love GailXXX
- 2011-09-28 17:11 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Anything to report Gail? I've seen your posts on other missing dogs pages giving support to their owners - you really do deserve to get your boy back. Are your posters all still in place? Any mysteriously disappearing? Alison x
- 2011-09-27 22:14 scootjockey
- Missing our boy and worrying just as much as ever,Be happy my little luvvie.Love mummy and daddy xxx
- 2011-09-21 08:48 scootjockey
- Thanks dinkydoodle,Weve got a wonderfull army on here havnt we we dont know how we`d manage without you.Theres never been any thing for poor Tay,same for many others but if he`s ever released I know someone on here will pick up on it.Lots of love Gail xxx
- 2011-09-20 23:05 dinkydoodle
- Still on the lookout for you Tay, we have not forgotten you.x. Gail thanks for posting on the stolen dogs local to me, ESS Freya and GSP Eira. Agree Bob, something needs to be done about these dispicable acts.
- 2011-09-20 21:28 scootjockey
- Indeed we do Bob xxx
- 2011-09-20 09:17 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Hi Gail.We have a lot of good decent people on this site trying their utmost to get our hounds home safely!We need to petition the Authorities to outlaw this cruel activity(It is taking over the country)and punish the culprits in a permanent way.We have some good ideas on that subject don't we Gail!! Best Wishes,Bob.
- 2011-09-18 20:28 scootjockey
- Worrying about Tay and all our missing dogs, be happy,stay safe.xxx
- 2011-09-12 00:33 scootjockey
- Qwenhwyfar thats much appreciated thankyou Gail xxx
- 2011-09-07 21:21 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Haven't forgotten you Tay and Gail, just thought if the heat was taken off for a bit, the thieves might slip up (and we'll be waiting) Alison x
- 2011-09-07 15:28 gwenhwyfar
- Just posted for the third time on FB reminding friends (I have about 100 Welshie owners as friends in the UK) Will try more publicity again through the WSS Club.
- 2011-09-04 09:14 scootjockey
- Sickened today to learn of Deisel and Ripley. Whatever next. Stay safe Tay love Mummmy and daddy xxx
- 2011-09-03 13:40 scootjockey
- Thanks Alison. Come on sweetheart we worry so much about you . Love Mum and dad
- 2011-09-02 22:37 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- COPIED FROM A POST ON 32206
Apologies for posting here as unlikely to be connected to this case but may be relevant to other lost spaniels. Some travellers were evicted from a site just outside Brighton a few months ago & were camped out in parks all over the city. They were selling puppies mainly jack russells but someone has told me they were also selling pedigree spaniels.x
- 2011-08-31 13:15 scootjockey
- Just wanted to say we are having problems accessing our Tays facebook page.Sorry Maggie we havnt posted as we appreciate the effort put in to get his page up and running.Apologies and thanks so much love Gail xxx
- 2011-08-31 13:09 scootjockey
- Good artical in the daily mail today by Tom Watkins of pet detectives it includes the motor cycle dognapping case Bob mentions and the return of Alfie the king charles spaniel. Sadly still nothing on our Tay. God keep him safe and let him be happy were ever he be. Gail xxx
- 2011-08-30 23:14 scootjockey
- Thanks Bob for encouraging words. Im back with the programme. Nothing surprises me anymore! the bloody swines they are.love Gail xxx Stay safe Tay and come on home love. xxx
- 2011-08-30 22:19 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Hi Gail.Please stay positive and keep posting your comments,it raises all our spirits.No one could do more than you have.Also a big thankyou to Doglost who make it all possible thanks to their continued efforts.See Today's Daily Mail and the dog stolen by thieves on a motorbike(What Next?).Take Care,Bob.
- 2011-08-27 22:22 scootjockey
- Hi Ali, We postered all around the JJB football stadium home and away supporters would see posters. An announcement would be good which i ll ask for. Thanks love. Gail xxx
- 2011-08-27 20:09 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Have you thought about asking Wigan FC or Rugby club if they'll make an announcement during their matches? Failing that, how about getting admin to make you up some fliers that can be put on car windscreens or handed out at the matches? You'd be making hundreds, more people aware of Tay that way. Be careful tomorrow x
- 2011-08-27 01:29 scootjockey
- Hi Alison. Thanks. i think an artical has gone in our local paper however we havnt had any calls.Gonna poster a particular area as Im home tomorrow. I will also try to speak to an inspector it may make a difference. Also catch up with CJ asap whom i know will be doing her best. But my patience has about run out with trying to deal with this in a proper manner honestly it has.I say that reluctantly but it has. Thanks everyone for your continued support love as always Gail xxx
- 2011-08-26 08:47 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Gail. Great to see you back on here! I am absolutely disgusted with the way the Police have treated you. I can only guess you got someone who isn't a dog lover and doesn't realise how dog theft is escalating and the affect it has on owners! Saw a police tv programme last night and they spend so much time and effort trying to catch car thieves (and the cars are insured anyway, so the owners get their money back!) Wish they would treat dog theft as seriously!!! Any way, don't let the thieving little b******s get you down - they WILL slip up one day and we will be ready and waiting. Don't forget that they will prob read our posts on here, so don't give them the "heads up" on anything. I like your idea. What about trying to get something in your local paper, or have you already done that? or even going back to the police and speaking to a different officer? Keep your chin up, we WILL find him! Just wished I lived closer so I could help. Alison x
- 2011-08-26 01:30 scootjockey
- Back at it again! been reading all stolen dogs in the WN. area. Got an idea whilst reading of Henry. I have a cousin who is a councillor in Wigan. Will see what strings he s gonna pull !. May remove some obstacles. I ll keep you posted. Thanks all. love Gail xxx
- 2011-08-25 23:18 scootjockey
- Good Bob,. was just looking for Joshes posts couldnt find it and thought youd found your little man. I wish we had police input or even some interest. Its an open and shut case for Tay.That was from the horses mouth. Was told CJ hadnt been in touch and the police wouldnt discuss it with anyone but Mark and I. Weve had our 10mins discussion with allocated officer and thats that. Almost 8 months keeping track of Tays theft and happening waiting for some cock-up that will lead us to him and I think we had in the the bag .I wasnt able to persuade the copper though. With just over 4000 registered Welshies in UK and Tays markings being a one off as he doesnt have the desired red saddle instead being mainly white on one side,he shouldnt be difficult to identify.I dunno. And the worrying thing is im living near the scum bags who did this and fear for Charlie my new cocker. Love Gail .xxxLast edited: 2011-08-26 00:06:59 by scootjockey
- 2011-08-25 17:46 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Hi Gail.Thought I would touch base with you,to see if you had any news.I feel we are on death row waiting for the nod,what say you? From my side the Police are still searching for these B------s,which is hopeful.Take Care and Good Luck,Bob.
- 2011-08-25 00:08 bazil
- Thinking of you, wish I lived closer so i could help you. Stay strong honey xx
- 2011-08-23 23:54 dinkydoodle
- Really sorry there is no news of dear Tay. I can't begin to imagine what you're going through. You have done so much and have not got the result we all want. Please still be positive. Thinking of you and your family.x.
- 2011-08-23 21:28 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I had a feeling you were feeling pretty down and that's why you hadn't posted anything for a little while. Are you referring to the police when you say you feel let down? I take it there haven't been any more sightings of the youths with the puppies? I think it would be good if Doglost had a forum on here where owners of missing dogs could talk to each other as I'm sure they would find it comforting to speak to someone who knows exactly how they are feeling. Perhaps if you did "step back" a bit in your search, the scum that have done this might slip up if they think the heat if off? Thinking of you and sending a big hug. Alison x
- 2011-08-22 22:44 scootjockey
- Alison thank you for posting Tays page to the this morning programme for us, please dont hesitate doing anything which may help. Im still a numptie on here so appreciate your help. Talk tomorrow love Gail xxx
- 2011-08-22 22:34 scootjockey
- No nothing. Really gutted and feel so let down. No one wants to get involved and I cant do any more.Id be wasting time looking elsewhere our first theory and our last one is the right one and needed just a little bit of support and its not there. Havnt known what to do again. Tears rolling down my face at moment and can barely read posts and its getting more and more this way as time goes on. If the thiefs wernt on my doorstep.....we may consider closure for health reasons. I ll be back on tomorrow. love Gail xx
- 2011-08-18 20:48 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Any news Gail? Hope you are okay as it's gone a bit quiet on here x
- 2011-08-15 22:08 bazil
- I have posted Tay to my FB again, hope he gets a mention on 'This Morning' show tomorrow xx
- 2011-08-15 22:00 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Decided to go ahead and email this page to them incase you didn't see my post in time - home you don't mind? Alison x
- 2011-08-15 21:54 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- This Morning
On tomorrow’s show, we’ll be attempting to reunite lost pets with their owners. If you would like to have your missing pet featured on the show, email a picture along with a description to firstname.lastname@example.org
Gail - I just saw this on Oscar's FB page - would be a great opportunity for Tay too!!
- 2011-08-14 20:50 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I hope you're feeling a bit more positive today Gail? Are the posters still up where the 3 sightings were? Have you put some up on main roads in the area? A good place is at junctions/traffic lights when people can see them whilst at a standstill. The bigger the better too! It might take a while, but we'll get him back!! Alison xx
- 2011-08-12 13:54 scootjockey
- Wish I knew Tay is being loved and cared for properly getting lots of big adventurous walks,warm,clean and a full belly. Feel so sad and sick with worry today. Weve searched 7 months now for our helpless little man and havnt actually managed to get to him nor help him get home .With the exception of 3 sightings around 5th April weve had nothing at all really, God we let him down.Really wish we could make it all right.Love gail xxx
- 2011-08-11 22:01 scootjockey
- Thanks Meru the more from my area the better.We will find him.Im not gonna let the scum get away with this and one way or another theyll wish they hadnt touched him or hurt a single hair on him. Cum on sweetheart lets be having you now, Stay safe another night little love, We ll save you you from them I promise. Mum and Dad xxx
- 2011-08-11 09:49 Meru
- I put Tay on my FB wall every day and will continue to do so until he is found.
- 2011-08-10 21:21 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Hi Gail.I Hope you and all the other owners going through hell,will get reunited with their loved ones soon.The Police are still in contact with me and keen to catch these oxygen wasters.I guess these morons with the rioting are stretching their resources at the moment!Take Care and Best Wishes,Bob.
- 2011-08-10 20:40 dinkydoodle
- Shared Tay again on my fb wall and his pic is still on my profile pic. Let's hope the paper will do an article and it brings this gorgeous boy home.x.
- 2011-08-10 19:18 scootjockey
- Cheers Alision.xxx
- 2011-08-10 18:07 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I hope so too!! Try to get them to mention the reward - hopefully that might do the trick! Everything crossed for you, Alison xx
- 2011-08-10 16:05 scootjockey
- Hoping local paper have agreed to run an artical on our Tay with plea for help. Fingers crossed. stay safe Tay little luv. xxx
- 2011-08-09 02:15 scootjockey
- thanks dinkydoodle.our Tay right side is all white except for 1 small red patch on back end. Unusual really as the ideal is a whole red saddle.He has fair eyelashes too.Thanks for keeping a lookout and not forgetting him. Hes a special dog and we wish we could spoil him rotten like we do Charlie. love Gail. xx
- 2011-08-08 23:58 dinkydoodle
- I too was out walking yesterday and 2 Welshies passed me - I had a good look and even called Tay but alas no. I have x posted him again to ItsASpringThing. Will keep on looking :(
- 2011-08-08 19:29 scootjockey
- Thanks Alision,Tays out there somewhere.The more eyes and ears looking for him the greater the chance of finding him.Which we will do! Its a matter of when. Its no easier now than when he first vanished. Please God Keep him safe and let him be loved like we love him.Im so angry with people who engage in this activity.Why dont they go out and work to buy themselves a dog.Gail. xxx
- 2011-08-07 17:49 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Come on Tay, please show yourself so we can get you home to your mum and dad! Was out driving with my mum in the Aylesbury area today and saw someone walking 2 welshies. Had a good look, but sadly neither of them was Tay x
- 2011-08-06 03:37 scootjockey
- Thankyou Dinkydoodle your a star. Cheers love Gail xx
- 2011-08-06 03:28 scootjockey
- Awww Bazil reading of your missing puppie makes me cry just a baby,I pray all our lost ones are loved and cared for.Stay possitive keep searching we owe it to our littles one to find out what happens to them.I ll check this dog out.Good luck,best wishes and thankyou.gail.xx
- 2011-08-05 22:40 dinkydoodle
- Still thinking of Tay and wishing he was home with you. Still scouring the net to see what I can find.x.
- 2011-08-03 23:31 bazil
- I too hope the thieving lowlife suffer for a long time. It is awful when a dog is stolen/dissappears. I am looking for Meg (29387) she was 11mths old at Easter when she went missing, lost on the beach while on her holidays with owners. Only a few possible sightings and all have been with suspected 'travellers'. I have one other lead that i am working on but it makes me sick that some people think they can just take or keep someones pet, a member of a family, sending lots of Good luck wishes for Tay and Josh, I will keep posting to my FB. I have friends in Wigan, Warrington and Manchester xx
- 2011-08-03 20:51 scootjockey
- Thanks Bob and Cj.Do you know what Bob i hope the B......s suffer a little!please make it last!I think of your Josh such alot as I, have a little working cocker now which we bought recently. We couldnt afford to buy another welshi which you can imagine pisses us off somewhat.If anything should happen to charlie which could i dont think i could carry on.The dognappers are still around here and if it take s till my last breath i ll dammed well find out each and everyone who played a part in stealing Tay.Our lives have been destroyed by there actions.Ive just changed my Wheel and found a stanley knife blade snapped off in there.Any how I shall as ever keep on keeping on.We ll be in touch J. soon. Love Gail xxx
- 2011-08-03 16:47 THIS IS FOR JOSH !!
- Hi Gail,just checking out your page,I thought I was doing everything to find Josh,but clearly there is room for improvement.My dog has vanished without trace and if I find the B------s who took him,they will too !!!Many Thanks,Bob.
- 2011-08-03 16:15 C.J. - POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- Nice to chat Gail. to recap important issues. Send by email the ref number-(once you have it) police station dealing plus named officer if you have one- i will then email direct the best approach to take .
keep up the posters etc and in areas suggested plus i will work on getting something done for local papers as well.
- 2011-08-03 13:58 scootjockey
- Hi Cj.Ive left you my phone Number, cheers gail. xxx
- 2011-08-02 11:56 C.J. - POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- I have sent an email- hope its the correct one as got it fro admin where i have access. I would have phoned but got a really bad cough when i try to speak its best i let my fingers do the talking.
I will need to know a bit of infomation before can make police contact so hope you get it soon its been sent to a hotmail address. if not correct please advise ASAP. thanks CJ
- 2011-08-01 22:27 scootjockey
- Hoping the police will get involved,They have been nothing less than brilliant,still have Tays poster by desk.Great if Cj works his magic.Thanks thanks thanks for all you do.Wouldnt be possible to find him without you all.love Gail xx
- 2011-08-01 22:05 Sherlock Bones-POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- Gail, Barney'n'Ozzie's mum is right, you really should be speaking to the police about this... i'm going to alert Cj who has experience in persuading police to help out. x
- 2011-08-01 22:01 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Please be careful Gail! Sounds like this is something that should be passed on to the police to deal with. Also, be careful just how much info you put on here (the culprits might be reading it and be one step ahead of you!!) You can always email me if you want - AliLambert22@hotmail.com x
- 2011-08-01 20:52 scootjockey
- Well a little i suppose.I hope you can follow this.I got some more info on friday from Ben 7/8 year old who was playing footie nr me. I got talking because Charlie started playing footie too.The other kids all know Charlie.Ben is the son of the couple who have an english springer bitch and are pals of my bad neighbour,theres also an older son in his 20s(frm previous marrige)whom was always in my bad neighbours dealing coke,robbing cars,beating up his ex girlfriend(now in prison)Well after the tip off.....it seemed to us the son was involved in the theft and taken to his dads (10 doors around the corner) to mate with springer bitch. We did approach them but had no evidence Tay wasnt/hadnt been there,they didnt invite us in nor show us the dog house which is brick with roof, floresant lights,etc.......Ben told me his dad takes him and bitch to a house on Saddleback Rd says No 17 he thinks!and theres a litter of spaniel puppies in that house.Weve been and checked the house out and the vehicles last night.Been busy all weekend as its my daughter 21st birthday.Im not sure what to do next really.But i think im pissing someone off because 1 of my tyre s looks to have been slashed this afternoon and is completely flat.love gail xxx
- 2011-08-01 18:05 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Any developments Gail? What about the boys seen with the puppies a couple of weeks ago? Alison xLast edited: 2011-08-01 18:05:38 by Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- 2011-08-01 14:49 bazil
- Hi...I was confused about the NESSR posting, still am...sorry to confuse anyone.
I will keep checking on sites for Tay xx
- 2011-07-28 19:29 scootjockey
- Ive rang AW checked out some dogs 241124 241149 241497 240772 240510 .Dog 241124 is actually male king charles cavalier.241497 (promising) been collected by owner.Im ringing oldham in morning re;241149.Interesting Rachel of AW told me AW no longer cover standish/orrell parts of wigan but Wigan council do.Im delighted Tays beem bumped.Thanks very much.Untill we find tou Tay we will keep on keeping on. Come on love its time you were home safe and sound, peacefull and happy.We miss and worry about you little love.xxx
- 2011-07-28 17:17 scootjockey
- Im confused too.Alision/bazil if you could put the dogs ID number on of the one on AW id be gratefull.I have looked and other than the female Red/white dog didnt notice anything.But im going back on AW now.Thanks love gail xx
- 2011-07-27 21:23 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- I've just been going through all these posts and am a little confused - sorry! :-) Was the dog by the canal found, or could it have been Tay? I was just wondering as where there are rivers there are trains; has anyone contacted Network Rail at all? Just to rule it out. I am so very sad Tay is not back with you yet - you truly deserve to reunited, you have worked so hard. Tay is very beautiful. One day you'll get that call that will be Tay. Bless you all. x
- 2011-07-27 16:29 bazil
- RE ANIMALWARDENS Site... if you just type the breed in (i usually just put spaniel as sometimes they not sure if its a cocker/springer/welsh/cross)then click on 50 mile radias without a postcode or area being entered, and choose lost or found, it brings dogs up from all over the country xxx
- 2011-07-27 16:24 bazil
- RE NESSR....Hi i have just logged onto NESSR website by link below and I don't know what you mean, it brings up postings about Tay being lost, am i missing something too??? We post lost dogs on NESSR because it has members all over the country, and they will all look out for him, especially as he is a spaniel. I f you need some more info contact me by email or telephone NESSR xx
- 2011-07-27 08:21 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in The Countryman's Weekly magazine today. I hope it brings some news.
- 2011-07-26 21:57 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Gail, I can't seem to find the ad. Is it for a specific area?
- 2011-07-25 22:56 scootjockey
- Alison have a look on freads WSS dog for stud £600 Wales (proven stud As already mated with his labrador sired puppies) Wonder if you see what i see? there`s 3 photos of welshie in the AD. I ll check AW now .Ta Gail xx
- 2011-07-25 19:53 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Gail and Mark. I have just come across an animal wardens site which looks quite interesting. You can key in the breed you are looking for, whether lost or found, the postcode area and search radius of the postcode. If you haven't already seen it I would strongly recommend taking a look, it's www.animalwardens.com
- 2011-07-23 21:35 scootjockey
- hi reynard have looked at everything welsh springer related on the nessr site but cant work out what you are trying to show me i must be missing something obvous but cant seem to get anything up on the topic 20089 ref . by the way im using o mac and not a pc and im a technophobe anyway help ! mark
- 2011-07-23 20:07 scootjockey
- 2011-07-23 19:10 scootjockey
- Thanks Raynard.Weve all tried unsuccessfull to get to this site. Can anyone explain what we need to do.We need to talk over a worry of oursthink we need advise.Talk later .Gail and mark.xx
- 2011-07-22 16:53 Reynard
- 2011-07-22 12:16 scootjockey
- Thanks zeffi, im sure i read of it on brooks page and never thought to check it out.(blond moment again.!) I ll do that next thankyou for thinking of our Tay.Thanks Meru good wishes and your support means so much to u.Again thanks.Did you notice the travellers site yesterday by the scateboarding play area.Strange they`d site there.I parked up and had a walk around with charlie and sat on benches for 15 mins.I dont think i saw a single dog on their site but most of them do have a kennel besides vans.All but 2 had gone by 7.30 today. You wouldnt know where they are now.Are there any around daisyhill? i saw ponies and wondered .cheers Gail xxx
- 2011-07-22 11:22 zeffi
- Lancashire Guardian (14th & 15th July) has a report of a raid on a barn at Lancaster in which dogs of various breeds were seized by the RSPCA. Don't know if you're aware of this already, may be worth checking out.
Hope you find Tay soon. Best wishes in your search.
- 2011-07-22 09:16 Meru
- Gail I hope you get a good result real soon and Tay is back where he belongs x
- 2011-07-22 01:47 scootjockey
- Hi alison,i did see your suggestion its another good idea and i will do just that. I can find out from postmaster where and when to find him, Even better if he s my postie too.Was caught on back foot when i sighted them, especially as i could probrably name them too.(if my eyes served me right)they ve been to mine many times as their friends of my daughters.AS i say im not sure of any of it.However i drive and have cycled sniffing around those flats.I did ask some workmen repairing burst pipes on the grounds of those flats after dark and they hadnt seen any puppies in the 12hrs they`d been there.I regularally inspect the 2 sets of garages belonging them for evidence.Its more difficult i think to suspect ones you.I havnt told my daughter but im gonna have to as i want her to scour their facebooks and all associates.Wish me luck with that one.Goodnight gail xxx
- 2011-07-21 20:59 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Gail. There was mention on Tay's facebook page of some lads being seen with some ginger and white puppies. Did you see my suggestion of asking the local postie to keep a look out for you? Alison x
- 2011-07-20 16:29 scootjockey
- Aww that would be great. Thankyou very mach. love Gail xxx
- 2011-07-20 15:46 Sherlock Bones-POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- Gail I can't see that Tay has been put forward for inclusion in Countryman's Weekly - so I'll ask that he can go into the next edition.
- 2011-07-20 15:19 scootjockey
- Please Lord let our frightend Tay know we havnt forgotton him and we search for clues to lead us to him.If tay was able to, he `d find his way back here to us.Your captures will slip up!I lie in waiting for that day.There are so many kind people also looking for you little luvvie.We wont forget about you Tay and come hell or high water we will find you.Stay safe and be happy love gail xxLast edited: 2011-07-20 15:23:09 by scootjockey
- 2011-07-20 00:30 scootjockey
- Cum on sweetheart.Let yourself be seen or heard if u can. LOVE MUMMY and DADDY.xxx
- 2011-07-18 13:43 scootjockey
- Thanks julie ive had look in.Alison i did manage to find Tays page and ive posted, any publicituy is good publicity.I did check for travellers twice now i couldnt see any maybe they have moved on.Well got back last night and its so quiet.We must be due to hear sweet words soon he has to have been seen or heard by someone.Untill we do we just keep-on keeping-on.Cum on love, were missing you.love mum and dad.xxx
- 2011-07-17 22:01 Julie
- Hi, sorry to hear about your missing springer, have you contacted: North West English Springer Rescue. They have a website just google NWESSR. Good luck.
- 2011-07-15 21:37 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Gail. I'm sure there must be an easier way to do this! Have you tried clicking on the FBPost button above Tay's picture? You should then get a message saying you need to sign in to Facebook to be able to see the page. Well worth a look - should give you a boost to see the comments left by people viewing Tay's page. Let me know how you get on. Alison x
- 2011-07-15 18:25 scootjockey
- I have followed the link for Tays facebook and tried through our face book,still no joy.Also spoke to Tays breeder who asked if they could help too ,posted photo and details over. Should know welshi breeders.Which is great news for us. Was there 2 dogs reported lost last night or just 1,Im confused.As it must be the owner who describes oscar as welshi,as he knew his name and hes chipped.finders discription was spot on. Theres only one colour of welshi and its Red.Anyone help me. Thanks gail.xxxLast edited: 2011-07-15 18:30:35 by scootjockey
- 2011-07-15 16:01 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Hi Gail, Tay's page is growing slowly but surely, people have been so lovely on his page, a members now made a badge with Tay's pic on it so people can add it to their profile picture.
I have put a couple more Ads on other free sites, will share the links once they go live - people have made some other suggestions, i will post the ones that are not do to with using the computer, i will do any which involve that for you. People have been posting is details on FB too and i will do the rounds and find some more groups which are in or near the area and post. stay positive, you not alone, you have plenty of people sharing, praying he comes home very soon.
Hi Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum, i love helping ppl if im able and just want to see Tay home :)))Last edited: 2011-07-15 16:02:28 by Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- 2011-07-15 00:33 scootjockey
- Welcome home Alison hope you had a nice break,Ive missed you.Maggie s now on the A Team too,brill.Thanks for advice on how to get Tays face book page up, i ll let you know how i get on.Gail xxx
- 2011-07-14 22:48 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Gail - if you still haven't accessed Tay's Facebook page, try highlighting the link in Majorjet's post 2011-07-12 20.56. It should then automatically come up in your search bar at the top of your screen, in which case you then just click the search button and hey presto, Tay's Facebbok page should appear x
- 2011-07-14 22:30 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Have been away for a few days and couldn't believe all the activity on Tay's page whilst I've been gone - absolutely brilliant!! Well done Maggie - you are an absolute star - Gail and Mark are so lucky to have you on board now. I'm a bit of a numpty too with computers Gail :) Really hope you get some good news soon. Alison xx
- 2011-07-14 07:24 scootjockey
- Again thankyou. gail xxx
- 2011-07-14 05:59 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Hi Gail, of course i can, im happy to help anyway i can. I know a couple have shared Tay's details on some of the sites on here but i will do the others for you. You concentrate on what you have to do and i will do the computer stuff. More people are joining Tay's page and are spreading the word about him - we are all here to help and support you in anyway we can xLast edited: 2011-07-14 06:00:51 by Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- 2011-07-14 00:01 scootjockey
- Thanks Maggie all the suggestion are brilliant ideas i wondered if you you you could help us more by doing some of the computor related suggestions on our behalf as our computor skills are very basic .If you could it would be great and much appreciated.Still not accessed Tays fa facebook.The photos havnt arrived as promised from the seller sarcylass on preloved, i didnt think they would.Again i have my reasons.Thanks afain gail xxx
- 2011-07-13 17:53 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- here are some suggestions from members on Tay's FB page - "have you tried leaflets on cars on match nights, as Wigan play a different RL team every other week or so you could reach a lot of people that way, and when the footy season starts do the same again. Also, put loads of posters up in your pubs/cafe's - someone may know where he is if he is being kept locally. Best of luck" - someone also suggested getting on to Wigan football team sites and posting about him! - Another member did a ballon which can be passed around FB with Tay's pic and details - Not had any messages from Preloved Ad but its had 1442 listing views and 39 full page views, good that people are looking at it, hopefully someone who knows something might just see it :)
- 2011-07-13 17:43 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- @scootjockey - the woman who left the comment on Tays FB page didn't say they had come with the fair - i will post the full comment on here for you to read -THIS IS THE COMMENT LEFT "Shared on my wall...and also mentioned that travellers are currently on Martland Park Nr the Honda Garage (My hubby works in WN5).....2 dogs have been found to be stolen and recovered from ther in the last 4 months...maybe worth postering 'Missing' posters around that area, stating the reward with no questions asked.....I pray Tay is home very soon"
- 2011-07-13 15:13 scootjockey
- Hi, the breeder in Newton Ayecliffe with 2 litters advertised for sale £400 said she can said will send photo of parents with puppies to marks phone as far as we know they havnt come yet.(no signal here its so remote and rural)As soon as i get home i will go and look at the site.Maggie do you know if the travellers have come with the fair I ask because im away at moment but my daughter returns from her hols later and may walk that area if i ask her.great preloved add is getting the veiws remember Tays Right side is white with a tiny ginger patch on his back end making him easier to recognise also has fair eyelashes(im hoping to visit Tays breeder she may know what puppies sired by him are likely to look like,i wonder if hes almost albino,and maybe throws fair puppies.Shall try join FB and hopefully put more pictures on as i have found some also a video although a puppie shows his markings brilliantly.gail.xxx
- 2011-07-13 06:31 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Thank you Jan for putting the link to Tay's FB page, hoping more people will join and help with looking for him, Would be great if Tay's owner could join too, could give more info, maybe add some more pics ect.
Someone mentioned travellers are currently on Martland Park Nr the Honda Garage, so would be worth putting some posters of Tay there.Preloved Ad is getting loads of views so lets hope someone whos seen Tay might see it and get intouch xx
- 2011-07-12 23:43 dinkydoodle
- I have posted Tay on my fb page again.
Gail, please look at the link I posted on preloved for Welshie pups for sale - they were asking £400 which is not the going rate (I keep looking as I am desparate to have another Welshie and I know what the current price for a pup is). Keep up the search and everyone is being so helpful in keeping Tay's profile current. Will keep checking for news.x.
- 2011-07-12 21:35 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=362175273467 DOGLOST NORTH WEST
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000892692484 Majorjet DogLost
Have shared Tay again on the above Facebook pages, thanks to everyone who has started joining Tay's page and sharing. Jan x
- 2011-07-12 20:56 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
Maggie well done for coming on board to help in the search for Tay, above is the link to Tay's page on Facebook this will really help spread the word even more. Great to see the preloved add as well.
Gail and Mark you have worked so hard and the support you are getting is fantastic, everyone is willing for you to get that most important call. Jan x
- 2011-07-12 16:26 scootjockey
- Hi Reynard, i feel a bit stupid but No Tay doesnt have a facebook account mark does have one and thats the one weve used to spread the word.Mark has dug out video recorded by his breeder( of Covenan Nr Louth)It shows clearly Tays markings and his markings are uncommon Unfortunately not to Tays advantage.Tay was the last of the litter due to him being predominantely white he has 5 small ginger patches,right side all white with a small ginger patch near his back end, 3 small patches on his left side,another small patch on his saddle, docked tail with a white tip exposing ginger on his hind legs.his colouring mark was told would affect his chances in a show ring as a full ginger saddle was desired at the time. Of course it hadnt bothered mark, to us he is perfect.So as a welshie is his a little distinctive. Bless him wonder how he is? and hoping his current owner has patience with his timid little ways.Tay would have loved swimming on Addelthorpe beach yesterday with Charlie.Cum on Tay,Tay cum.Gail xxx
- 2011-07-12 16:01 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Your very welcome,im not sure if anyones started a group for Tay on FB, i will check and if not i will make one. I will then share the link on here and if you are on FB you can then join - just hoping that you get some news very soon xx
- 2011-07-12 15:30 scootjockey
- Thanks everyone your help is very much appreciated by mark and Your kindness moves me to tears, especially as Mark and I are real numpties and could never have managed to place ads on preloved and gumtree.We shall again try follow the links to these ads.Again cheers gail and markxxx
- 2011-07-12 14:16 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- one of the ones i put on Gumtree is also live, had 3 views, its only been on for 54 mins - link below
- 2011-07-12 14:11 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- My Ad on preloves now gone life :)) - i just checked and its had
Advert viewed in listings 214 and 3 Full listing views so far :))) - here is the link to it, hope the wording is ok, if not im happy to change anything :))
Last edited: 2011-07-12 14:32:29 by Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- 2011-07-12 11:31 bazil
- Come on Tay beautiful boy, where are you xxx
- 2011-07-12 09:33 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Also placing free Ads on Gumtree, will do a few in different areas - really hope Tay is home very soon x
- 2011-07-12 09:03 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- I have placed a free Ad on preloved in the hope someone might of seen him. I have put the doglost phone number on my profile or people can message me- its not approved yet but add the link to it when it is - Hope it helps and brings some news of Tay x
- 2011-07-11 19:53 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- shared on FB and twitter - hope its not long before this little one is found
- 2011-07-09 21:37 dinkydoodle
- please have a look at the attached ad on preloved
and there are a few more if you type in the breed in the keyword search
- 2011-07-09 13:25 Beanie245
- We are in a similar position with Tucker.. understand they could both be anywhere by now, we are out daily around sites etc so will keep a look out in our neck of the woods!!
- 2011-07-09 09:21 Reynard
- Does Tay have a facebook/twitter page ?
Poster! Poster! Poster! and great big ones! & advertise Press ,Radio etc as someone somewhere knows where he is!
Fingers crossed xxx
- 2011-07-09 06:50 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- So pleased to see Tay at the "top of the page" again! Please everyone look out for him. Gail and Mark are trying so hard to find him xx
- 2011-07-08 08:32 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- I have not read the whole thread yet but could this be the found (sighted only)30873?
- 2011-07-07 22:43 scootjockey
- Y.Gail xxx
es its interesting.The owner did so much in such a short time(could do with some of owners energy)What a great looking pair they are on re-united photo.It would be criminal to be separated from each other one more minute.Clearly madly in love
- 2011-07-07 12:40 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I'm not really sure what they could do as I haven't had the need to speak to any breed clubs before. Perhaps you could ring Doglost admin for advice? Have you read the post that Pursey's owner has just put on his page(reunited 30815) - it might give you some ideas of other things you could try. Alison x
- 2011-07-06 22:28 scootjockey
- I am alison.What would be the next step if i thought a litter of puppies had been sired by Tay?The Weslsh springer spaniel club is a bit snobbie really as its such a small breed only 4000 registerd in uk im sure they like to protect the breed.Do you think its worth discussing this with them?love gailxxx
- 2011-07-06 21:36 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I expect you're already doing this, but keep an eye on supermarket notice boards, newsagents windows, pet shop windows, local papers, free ads etc for adverts for puppies. Perhaps you could even try putting in a "wanted" advert - would suggest putting "welsh or english springer spaniel pup" incase person who has him doesn't know the difference!! Alison x
- 2011-07-05 23:26 scootjockey
- Thanks Alison,i agree its just a matter of time before he is returned to us, i do think he`s very close and being used as a stud.Come on Tay love lets be having you my little pal we miss you.Gailxxx
- 2011-07-05 12:24 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Still checking Tay's page every day and willing him home with you. In a way I can understand how Mark must be feeling - by logging in to this site it must make it more 'real' for him. Tay has to be somewhere and I'm sure that it will only be a matter of time before his microchip is picked up and he is returned to you xx
- 2011-07-01 13:04 scootjockey
- Just stumbled onto www.dogtheft site havnt time now to read it but this could be helpfull. bye xxx
- 2011-07-01 12:43 scootjockey
- Hi,Im still here albeit completely fed up but trying to stay focused,its not helping as Mark has stopped even loggin into doglost(i completely understand he must have his reasons)maybe he cant cope and finds it too painfull.We havnt socialised and whatever we do we are pro-active in our search for Tay.Cum on Tay lets be having you love.xxx gail xxx
- 2011-06-26 15:47 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Gail. Not firing on all cylinders at the moment as spent last night at my local A&E dept! Re the advertising costs - is Tay insured? If so, you might find the policy covers these. Secondly, I'd be a bit careful how much info you post on here - don't want to give anyone the 'heads up' so to speak! Afraid I've not had any dealings with pet detectives, so can't advise you on this one. You could try emailing DogLost admin for advice though (address on top right hand side of page). Alison x
- 2011-06-25 20:57 scootjockey
- Heard of pet detective can you through some light on this also i have names and want to do some reseach on them all are there any free sites for this anyone?love gail xxx
- 2011-06-25 20:49 scootjockey
- Hi alison and meru.think your both right we need another artical in the papers it cost us more than £100 last time and we had`nt known for sure at the time tay had been stolen,its the only way.We cant get enough publicity any other way.Just spent the afternoon with friends going over the circumstances and the people possibly connected with tays theft and the whys and who would know of his breed and still come up with the same conclusion and it all still come`s down to a neighbour of ours and his associates i know 4 of the kids and strangely enough i used to knock about with all of their fathers when i was a teenager these kids are all similar age to my daughter , i spoke to my ex brother inlaw recentley and he mentioned one of them as being top wildfowler in uk/lancashire i cant remember but can find out.That conversation semi confirmed my first thoughts,I know im suspicious but thats the way i am now.Being that tays breed is such a rare breed and he certainly isnt a freindly dog he was far too timid for that and would never have gone close enough for a sniff to anyone but us 3, yes he could have seemed a good working dog as when he was too excited on his walks before he reached the feilds mark would get him to walk to heel(off lead)impressive maybe to someone who know s a thing or too and fancied a springer seemingly trained.But where i live we have a private carpark which our backgate opens onto nobody uses our carpark as a walkway its only used by residents and there visitors, you cant see through our 6 ft fence weve a gate padlocked and we had a wrought iron railing around my shed making a secure run type this was rarely padlocked.Marks dogs had been outside dogs and always slept in their runs as he is from the east coast and its rural.Tay did start to live indoors after hussi past away and was really enjoying one to one time with his dad for the first time Tay was an only dog and really lapped it up and admittedly became marks best freind.THe point im getting at is that no one but our own neighbours knew of our pattern which is mark and tay come to wigan friday evening and leave Sun/mon morning.as i said passers by cant really see into our garden the only one that should is my next door but his neighbour has made a spying hole and can clearly see into my garden.In loosing my thread here (tipsey)But im sure tays still in the area dont you think meru?Posters wont stay up, if you came to wigan alison you wouldnt know tay was missing theres barely a poster yet we have worked so hard postering in past 15 weeks. Someone still wants to remove our contact numbers and they are working hard to do this it shocked me when the shop had poster removed from sleeve it wasnt to contact us.Someone is following my tracks probrably through reading tays posts!How do you find the owner of a mobile number please.If you have any thing that may help email us at email@example.com. ta gail xxx as ever i keep on keeping on.Last edited: 2011-06-25 20:54:30 by scootjockey
- 2011-06-24 19:52 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Me again Gail! Just wondered if you've got a Facebook page dedicated to Tay? It's a brilliant way of spreading the word. If you're a bit of a novice with things like Facebook like me, perhaps your daughter could help you set one up? Alison x
- 2011-06-24 19:30 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Are the posters going missing in the same area - i.e. shop windows you mention and Tesco and RBS machine that Meru mentions? Could just be kids or some moronic person with nothing better to do, but then again it could be a clue to his whereabouts...
- 2011-06-24 09:43 Meru
- The papers sound like a good idea. The Observer, Wigan Evening Post, Leigh Reporter and perhaps even the Bolton and Manchester Evening News. I've put posters up in Tescos (they'd gone by the next day!) and one at the side of the RSBs cash machine. Fingers crossed Tay will be home very soon xx
- 2011-06-23 23:04 scootjockey
- Alison i dont know how we`d go on with that its a good wat to get some publicity, mark mentioned the papers again just last week.Thanks its worth looking into, marks back tomorrrow he can look into it.thanks again love Gail xxx
- 2011-06-23 22:48 scootjockey
- hi alison, i had that same idea because i had seen puppies advertised this way recently, maybe they`d stay up a little longer.Even posters placed in shop windows have been taken from their sleeve`s, cant keep any up which is a positive i suppose!Paula all vets,Kennels etc should have been contacted by our microchip company with a photo of tay and circumstances(i wasnt aware this wasnt done immediatly as mark hadnt realised they were waiting on a photo) Astley should be coverd as its within the 20 mile radius,Fingers crossed. I was brought up in tyldsley again best wishes. Gail xxx
- 2011-06-23 18:09 Paula Marie
- Hi Gail. The show is at Dam House Astley M29 7TX.
Just wondered if you had sent any posters out by post to vets in surrounding areas. If you go on right hand side of this page and click on Find any UK Vet, put in post codes, it will give name and address of vets in postcode area. A map of surrounding areas with postcode can be found on this site. http://www.manchester2002-uk.com/maps/postcodes-map.html
If Tay has been picked up and finder has registered at a vets + ask them to put poster on notice board.
- 2011-06-21 13:22 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Would your local paper be interested in doing an article on Ruby, or might that affect the RSPCA's prosection of the woman? Just thought they could also add a bit about Tay, including a photo of him and that would be a way of making more people aware of him. Another idea I've seen suggested on this site a few times is getting large notice boards made up (mounted on posts) displaying a large photo of the missing dog and contact details, etc which can then be positioned at busy road junctions or roundabouts. They really do need to be large enough to catch the eye of drivers. Try to stay strong xx
- 2011-06-20 22:21 scootjockey
- Great thankyou very much.We are very disheartend at the moment.Really appreciate you displaying Tays lost poster,best wishes with the show paula, Gail xxx Where is the show? Ta x
- 2011-06-20 22:06 Paula Marie
- Having a fun dog show on sunday. Will print off posters of Tay and others missing from the area and put them up at the show. Planned on printing Indie's poster, reunited now so 1 less to print. Hoping there are a none to print come sunday. Sending lots of reunited wishes for Tay and others to be home before.
- 2011-06-17 14:38 scootjockey
- I know its horrific, as you say it was a good job well done by all those involved in rescuing Ruby, no wonder she prevented her getting any closer to me.Her name is Karen,ive no reason to think she`s a liar as some stuff she said to me the neighbour re-iterated but cant rule out Ruby being her true name.Alison ive a plan i need to discuss with mark later im sure its achievable,untill then we ll keep on keeping on replacing posters.We like you would be surprised if Tay somehow appeared at our door which has happened and would be great!beleive we have to work harder to help him home!!Tay come, come on home love please,mummy,daddy have help the lengh and breadth of the country waiting for your capture`s to trip up,it makes no difference to us how long it takes we wont let you be forgotton.Gailxxx
- 2011-06-17 08:47 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- OMG poor Ruby! Thank goodness she doesn't have to live with that awful woman any more!! I'm really sorry for you that Tay wasn't in property, but you should take something positive from this - if it wasn't for your posters, people probably wouldn't have noticed Ruby and she would still be suffering. I hope this evil woman gets what she deserves and that Tay comes home soon xxLast edited: 2011-06-17 09:10:08 by Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- 2011-06-17 00:59 scootjockey
- Spoke to neighbours of the woman who had dogs removed from her and just 1 spaniel was taken out,1 woman knew abit more than the others and told me her name is Ruby(had disc on when she found her) and had her a few years,sorry its unlikely to be sparkey.I dont know if she saw the dog but she cried when she learned the abuse and neglect Ruby suffered, the house was full of poo and dog food in bowls was mouldy full of flys Ruby had an hernia she had a long cut along her side she also had many holes in her coat which had magotts,Poor lttle mite, no one knew she was suffering.The woman is being prosecuted thankfully for mistreating the spaniel and on friday(following day) she was evicited for her anti-social behaviour which theve had to put up with for 4 years.Gail xxx
- 2011-06-16 20:37 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Check each council's website to see if they have an email address for their traveller liaison officer - if not, I'd suggest ringing them tomorrow and asking for it. If you send your email to just a general address, there's a chance it could go astray (I know - I work for our local council!!). Have you had chance to contact any owners of the other dogs missing in your area?Last edited: 2011-06-16 20:37:43 by Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- 2011-06-16 16:16 scootjockey
- We do actually have a permanent Site a mile away on little lane I`ll put a poster close to the entrance though they should have seen posters,and i ll get mark to send emails to travellers liasions officers later(im not clever enough to this i`ll get daughter to show me later)If anyone reading could do send email to your own traveller liasion officer id appreciate it.As were clueless to Tays where abouts or if he`s even alive.There are travellers Appley Bridge way i saw the horses yesterday as i walked the canal, it scared me and i hurried back to safer place, on the opposite side of canal where the morehens nest there was a man crouched down he didnt have Rods or sights or anything for sporting just sat looking across,got charlie on leash and off we went.SUE hope you read this post.Gail xxx
- 2011-06-15 12:36 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- With no recent 'possible' sightings of Tay, I am beginning to think that someone has definetely got him and is keeping him in hiding for now. Have you any travellers sites in your area? If you haven't done it already, I would suggest putting up posters right by them, perhaps highlighting the reward offered. Also, you could try emailing a poster to your council's traveller liaison officer asking them to look out for him when they visit any sites (do this for neighbouring councils too incase he has been taken outside your area). Alison x
- 2011-06-14 14:29 scootjockey
- Thanks all,encouraging and comforting words are working their magic ta.Its a gorgeous day and me and charlie chops are gonna spend it doing lots of walking talking and postering.I called in co-op at platt bridge early this morning i noticed tays poster gone from notice board just cassies(beagle)removed now.I ll put another up in morning and watch ,Have a few friends who can keep an eye on that for me.Also our last batch of posters have all run, completely ruined what a waste of time.Anyone know best deals for 1000 to be printed? also hoping to get staples for upholstering/carpenters gun ive had for years,should make postering less time consuming.And ive realise the longer tays missing the less we know of the actual law black,white and the huge grey area each day we read a new set of problems or circumstances and situations obstructing us from our dogs just reading posts on here,most recently Mia`s and Oscars posts and and our own experience`s makes me aware of the need educate myself,ignorance takes up too much time,time spent pondering and afraid to make a decision prevents action thus unless i get clued up when Tay gets his day he could be off radar again before ive known what action to take Every day its shocking reading just how difficult it can be to get at our 4 legged helpless little ones.Im not slagging any organisations off(i understand most do some brilliant work) But, but for dogslost and its merrymen (you know who you all are! haha)theres very little support and in some cases a tough fight.I supppose im thinking out loud really but if i didnt id have nothing to write on Tays post just now.GailxxLast edited: 2011-06-14 14:39:08 by scootjockey
- 2011-06-14 09:13 Meru
- Have shared Tay's link on my FB page. I live in Hindley and keeping an eye out for her. Hope she's home very soon xx
- 2011-06-13 22:33 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Oh Gail, I really feel for you - this just seems so unfair!! Not Tay's turn this time, but I'm convinced all your hard work and determination will eventually be rewarded. You will probabaly have a few more ups and downs like this, but try to stay strong for your boy, who WILL come home to you one day, Alison xx
- 2011-06-13 16:20 jobadger
- Tay - it's your turn now - Mia's home. I'm wishing with all my heart that you're next. Take care gorgeous boy. xx
- 2011-06-13 12:07 scootjockey
- Louise was dissapointed for us and wished us luck and as she says its another pair of eye`s looking for Tay and as she goes into 10 homes a day i am very gratefull. x
- 2011-06-13 11:55 scootjockey
- Im so naffed off,Louise RSPCA inspector just rang and Tay wasnt at the property(he never is anywhere ,we need help postering this country)please.please,please.2 dogs were removed obviously ESS and white staffie which went with its owner!A microchip hasnt been detected yet in the ESS ,Louise said they will scann her again as a scanner can reactivate a dormant chip(hope this makes sence).Ive asked louise to look on doglost especially asked he to search Sparkey in lost dogs, she will do even though its unlikely as they beleive this dog has been with the woman sometime.Hoping a microchip is detected and this gorgeous girl finds her way home at last.G xx
- 2011-06-13 09:28 scootjockey
- Thanks angi thats very usefull information and just what i needed to know. Ill catch up on Mia now,Mia is from my area too lost at rivington i think.Thanks again G .x
- 2011-06-12 19:02 angi
- apparently the data protection act doesn't cover dogs. if you look on mia the dogue de bordeaux page that was stolen they only this week had to involve a solicitor to get access to a dog that could be mia in RSPCA kennels. They are seeing the dog tomorrow after the warden etc very quickly conceeded the law. see her page for the link and info. Very good luck and everything crossed for you. x
- 2011-06-12 17:31 scootjockey
- Hi A,its annoying but i havnt managed to squeeze anything out of anyone and i was persistant on each call to the RSPCA,made 3 calls and didnt get passed the control centre operators whom all said its because of the data protection act. spoke to Leigh cats and dogs which is where council collected dogs should go,was told that RSPCA dont use those kennels also if theres a case on any dogs they would go to boarding kennels,We went to visit a lady ive had conversations with and although retired now she was very high up in one of these organisations, really kind and interesting lady who has shown lots of interest in our Tay,even charlie chops was made very welcome.We would appreciate if anyone can advise us how to force some info or knows the actual law re;incident of the woman who`had these dogs removed from her home.Whatever the outcome its a good job done.Ill be snooping around as usual untill we find him,you`d think it was in the dognappers best interest to let go a dog thats a sizzler....its illegal to have the thoughts i have of the filth involved in this activity.Gail xx
- 2011-06-12 10:36 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Gail. It seems so cruel for the RSPCA to keep you waiting like this!! You must be on the edge of your seat all the time waiting for a call! I don't understand why they can't at least tell you the breed of the dogs picked up. If one of them is Tay, then surely they would have scanned him by now and be able to tell you one way or the other? I don't suppose they will tell you the holding kennels they use? Everything crossed here for you. Like you I hope the ESS finds their true family soon xx
- 2011-06-11 18:13 scootjockey
- Ali,yes the caller has remained in touch throughout,infact just spoken to him again, and im satisfied that there was an incident and all the authorities you`d expect to be there were present, we simply have to sit patiently and if tay was in the property im sure they will contact us when they are ready to.If tay wasnt one of the dogs recovered from that property we may never know what they discovered. Ive paws, fingers and toes crossed that the lovely ESS gets back to his true family.please let her have an upto date microchip wouldnt it be great if it is sparkey ,so excited.Cant get excited too much about our tay being there yet.But cant help it with the ESS cos ive seen her and as i say excited hope she gets home. love Gxx
- 2011-06-11 15:43 scootjockey
- Well ive spoken to RSPCA and still havnt disclosed anything to us ,i got a return call last night as id put a bit of pressure on earlier, each time told an inspector may call us back so far he hasnt. WE are gonna find out i m gonna ask neiighbours even her if i can .xx
- 2011-06-10 16:16 scootjockey
- Ive spoke to RSPCA control centre, who didnt confirm anything but says he ll pass it on to resource centre and should ring me back.Im aware that when a dogs scanned the owner may be contacted by phone and post, mark has his home phone on call divert to his mobile but reminded him to make arrangements for his saturday post,i beleive there is a tme limit you have to reply to our chipping company . waiting patiently with fingers toes paws and alll crossed love G x
- 2011-06-10 08:20 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I would keep pestering the RSPCA and the dog warden until you get an answer, ring around all the local rescues too incase they have just taken him in. Also, did your daughter get the caller's number? Too late to do 1471? The main thing is that Tay is microchipped, so if he has been picked up he will be scanned. Keeping everything crossed that you get some positive news today xx
- 2011-06-10 00:46 scootjockey
- Havnt been able get an answer from RSPCA,AW had only collected 1 dog today and not from that area, i went to police station and was told no jobs listed for that address nothing involving dogs either(yet the caller said the police were present)would the police tell me if they had been involved?I had rode to the womans house and was going to ask her but my bottle went, instead i called on a friend who has a lot to do with dogs and doggie people as she works in a vets (she has 7 ESS )you could say she lives just a few doors away really frm the woman in question and she wasnt aware she had dogs.We should hear within 48 hrs if tay was in there,unless we harress the RSPCA.I feel as though this is a hoax as we cant find anything out about today.Please please let one be tay.Come on lad,Come tay come.xx
- 2011-06-09 20:45 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Great news! I wondered if she had more than she was letting on. Fingers crossed one of them is Tay! How soon do you think they'll let you know?
- 2011-06-09 17:36 scootjockey
- I have landline problems but its now fixed itself,my daughter has just got home and tells me the caller rang to let her know that the RSPCA have taken 3 dogs off the woman 2 of these were spaniels.Im able now to make inquiries. x
- 2011-06-09 13:16 scootjockey
- Will speak to warden asap xxLast edited: 2011-06-09 15:17:09 by scootjockey
- 2011-06-09 03:12 scootjockey
- Thanks all,and all very good points, i did speak to the warden before my daughter and i went to meet the caller who took us to the house and i will update the warden tomorrow.And its the callers friend who is actually a neighbour of this lady,the caller noticed the dog when he knocked for his friend the friend let him know she had took it in of the streets.Whilst i was still at her door the caller had to go as he was going to work and sets off at 8pm(cycles with his friend the neighbour)fortunately we caught up with them and discussed more the dog/dogs,the caller says he will keep an eye on things,he has text my daughter a couple of time`s said he`d store her number and asked her name his friend The neighbour is smitten with her so im sure if i ask he will keep watch.She says she has another dog a white staffie.As i said earlier the dog made me think of oscar which is unlikely however ive searched missing SS in NW and Sparkey missing since november2010 from manchester and isnt unlike oscar made me wonder if they are a match .anyone know of any other possible matches?thanks again for support and postering it wasnt tays time today to be found but his turn will come, please dont forget him.gailxxLast edited: 2011-06-09 09:12:44 by scootjockey
- 2011-06-09 00:09 bazil
- just wanted to add do you check on www.animalwardens.co.uk website x
- 2011-06-08 23:54 bazil
- Get the police and dog warden involved, this woman is breaking the law keeping a stray and who knows how many she has in there???? Tay could still be in there??
- 2011-06-08 22:23 magda
- if the lady has not reported finding the dog, she is liable!!! and who knows what else she is hiding. Shall we get police/pet detectives etc???
- 2011-06-08 22:04 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- What a shame! Are you sure she hadn't got him hidden in the house with the intention of using him for breeding with the ESS bitch? Would ask the caller if they wouldn't mind keeping watch on the property. Please take heart though that people are obviously still aware that Tay is missing. I agree that it would be a good idea to notify the dog warden about the ESS. The search goes on xx
- 2011-06-08 21:48 pointerlover
- Sorry you didnt find Tay today,who knows what tomorrow will bring.xx I do hope the little ESS you saw gets reunited with its owners.I live in post code EX region so will put up a couple of posters around here and on the motorway service stations on M5.xxxx
- 2011-06-08 21:36 Reynard
- Sorry you did not find Tay at this property :(
Please report this other Springer to the Dog Warden as she may have been reported as missing and any stray MUST be reported.
Take a look at Sparkey 25830?
Last edited: 2011-06-08 21:48:56 by Reynard
- 2011-06-08 21:30 Suziewoo
- This all sounds very suspicious! I really hope that you get Tay back very soon. If you are concerned about the wrong people being able to read posts on Doglost, you could always set up a helper's forum and only allow access to people who you know & trust. Good luck x
- 2011-06-08 21:19 scootjockey
- Unfortunately didnt see tay in this house which is worsley hall estate,we met the caller and drove to the home of a lady who denied having taken a stray spaniel recently as the caller said.I ll update you on that later.Dog was barking when we knocked wasnt tays bark.I kept her talking at the door as long as possible she told me the dog she has which she claims had probrably been abondoned and straying was a bitch,AT last i saw it a gorgeous english springer bunch of tiny spots on its nose (think Oscar has similar markings).she says she found the dog app 6 yrs ago, callers friend says its more like less than ayear but longer than 12 weeks,i cant rule out they havnt seen tay as they both say its the same colour as tay(ginger)yet i have seen and spoke to the english SS its wearing a red colour and i tried to coax it to me for close up but it couldnt get past her who was trying to keep the hall door close with her footthis spaniel is absolutley beautifull someone must be missing her.I hate to say this but i could think of nicer places and i was warned shes strange.I wouldnt be surprised if the woman was breeding her (as this gorgeous girl looked bloaty).AS i say a bit of uncertainty as to whether she possibly has another springer but i can keep my eye on that untill im sure but the other dog isnt hers.Havnt time to check dogs missing at the moment but i will do later.Cheers xxPs its liver and white.Last edited: 2011-06-08 21:23:41 by scootjockey
- 2011-06-08 20:00 bazil
- Please let this be your gorgeous Tay xx Everything crossed here for you xx
- 2011-06-08 19:27 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- bumped for latest possible sighting - sooo hoping its your boy x
- 2011-06-08 19:13 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Can't see her on the site. How long ago was it roughly? She doesn't come up on a breed search, so maybe she was found and the owner deleted her records (this does happen quite a bit). I'll keep looking. Only other thing you could do is email admin and see if they can find her records.
- 2011-06-08 19:05 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- OMG - that's wonderful!! I really hope this is the call you've been waiting for. Please keep us all updated - I will be keeping everything crossed in the meantime! As far as my time is concerned, I just do it because of my love of dogs - in particular spaniels! There are some, like Tay, that just pull on the heart strings a little bit more than the others, and you just want to help in whatever way possible. Fortunately I've never lost any of my dogs and hate to think what that feels like. Good luck - you deserve it xLast edited: 2011-06-08 19:23:45 by Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- 2011-06-08 19:02 scootjockey
- Anyone know which area the old welshie (blind and deaf)girl was lost if this dog aint tay wondered if could be her.gailx
- 2011-06-08 18:15 scootjockey
- Have we had that all important call! i will know soon.Mark and my daughter have both spoken to someone with a promising sighting, this info would tie in with the 2 other possible sightings .please god let it be him.x
- 2011-06-08 17:47 scootjockey
- hi ,I read paddy`s post re:van I had my reasons for asking, if we re having above average dog thefts we need to know why.Im taking your advice too and will contact other dog owners who`s dog have been stolen in our area, i was left wondering what the circumstance`s are and whether the dogs were ever returned.Why didnt i think of that!We appreciate A the time your putting in helping us find our Tay,please god keep him safe and happy.A million thankyou`s. Gailx
- 2011-06-08 12:39 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Gail. No, the type of van wasn't mentioned, but I'm sure Paddy's owner wouldn't mind you give them a ring to ask. As I mentioned before, I'm sure it would help to pool resources. I have emailed admin re the number of dogs stolen in the Wigan area and will let you know the outcome x
- 2011-06-07 23:07 scootjockey
- Alison how interesting i will take a look at them all now.Cheers.I love dogslost its just a pity that the dog theives can read posts too !giving them the advantage.Gailx PS Were certain now that tay was wearing his tag on his collar when he was stolen,and probrably wasnt the first attempt to take him,something definately spooked him many weeks previous to 11th march. Do you know if it was a transit or estate type van, I ll get back x
- 2011-06-07 21:13 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Gail. You mentioning Gracie being missing too got me thinking. I decided to look up other missing dogs in your area (just WN postcodes, not neighbouring ones)and i came up with 10 others since November 2010 !!! This seems rather a lot to me for one area (I will list them all in a minute) and what's more five of them were stolen from gardens!! One of them even mentioned a "tall, bald man with a white van" being seen taking one of them (Paddy 29487). I will list them now: WN7 Paddy 29487 stolen from garden 14.4.11, WN5 Tillie 28535 stolen from garden, WN7 Roxy 28405 circumstances not stated, WN5 Millie 28125 lost on a walk, WN1 no name 27183 circumstances not stated, WN5 Ruby 27109 disappeared from garden, WN1 Lucy 26649 stolen from garden, WN1 Buster 26660 circumstances not stated, WN5 Paris 26413 circumstances not stated. Other than those only one other dog went missing in 2010 and that was Star 25126 on 16.9.10 who was lost on a walk but spotted in the area. This means that since November 2010 at least five have been stolen from gardens - not including Tay!! I think this needs to be brought to the attention of the Police, don't you? Perhaps you could pool resources with some of the other owners? I will email one of Dog Lost's coordinators to see if they can suggest any further action and will get back to you. Alison x
- 2011-06-07 00:47 scootjockey
- Hi ,thanks for suggestions barney n ozzie`s mum under windscreen wipers is exactley what i`ll do sometime`s!very good idea.Keep em comming,yeah we use those plastic wallets as you said.Spoke to a few dog walkers all of who are looking out for gracie(beagle)as well as tay.gracie and tays poster are side by side in some places. my daughter had a call from a chap today,he had found a springer saturday worsley hall area kept it over night and the warden took it to Leigh cats and dogs unfortunately it wasnt our Tay but great that were still getting calls.First time ive been on here today i ll check lost dos see if someone looking for this dog.Cheers love gail x Last edited: 2011-06-07 02:15:15 by scootjockey
- 2011-06-06 12:43 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Gail. Have you tried putting the posters in A4 plastic wallets - you can get them quite cheaply in supermarkets and I think they are called "punched pockets". Put the poster in so that the opening is along the bottom edge and hold it closed with sellotape so that poster doesn't slip out! How about putting one on noticeboard of supermarket too, and while you're at it, under windscreen wipers of cars in their carpark (might need permission from supermarket first though). Any car boots out your way? - this is another good place to put posters on car windscreens. Racking my brains for other suggestions. Stay strong xx
- 2011-06-05 22:33 dinkydoodle
- I so wish you had some news on Tay, I check on his page regularly and keep an eye on our local free ads type sites (Bristol). He is so like the Welshie I had and I can't begin to imagine how you are feeling without him. I've just joined facebook so will post him on my page and will keep looking out for him. You are doing amazing, keep up the good work.x.
- 2011-06-05 20:46 scootjockey
- Hi barney n ozzie`s mum no, no call`s,no sighting the problem we have too is that we are having to replace posters probrably due to bad weather and also the photo of tay on the doglost posters arnt very clear due to it being from a phone as opposed to a digital camera they look faded before we put them up.Does anyone know how to improve the image ? also we need help we have run out of ideas does anyone have any suggestions? as we clearly have no idea what part of the country tay is actually in and cant now afford anymore publicity i am going to ask if that if you are able to no matter what area you live that you print at least 1 poster and put it up for us for which we d be sooo.. soo gratefull.Its well time our tay was back with has dad we love him and cant stop worrying how he is,time hasnt changed anything in some ways its worse and doesnt help our cause.We dont want him forgotton about.Were off out now as we finally sorted printer out.Its late but eager to get em up. Thanks for your support and interest love gail xx
- 2011-06-05 07:35 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Any more news on the dog sighted at Ashurst Beacon?
- 2011-06-03 22:50 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Gail. Did you mention the reward to her? Hopefully word of this would spread to other travellers in the area and might bring forth some news. Glad to hear you're keeping positive and that Charlie is helping you with your search xx
- 2011-06-03 18:47 scootjockey
- Well been dead busy again walking and postering all week me and charlie walked 4 hours this morning lost my bearings a little when a couple of people appeared one being a lady with a few kids, spoke to her as charlie ran to them,thought it was worth mentioning as she is a gypsy new to the area this was on bickershaw fields by the 2 ponds as i dont know the area i dont know street names best to describe it as being in the area behind the snack van bottom of bickershaw lane.Still nothing on tay.One day we ll get that all important call untill then we keep on keeping on!xxx
- 2011-06-02 00:34 scootjockey
- MESSAGE for Sue and pete the kind people who actually text us the doglost website details in the early days of tay being stolen and also have offered to help us in many ways.....Hi Sue and Pete just a short message to thankyou for what your doing and to say that we will be in touch very very soon;- remember our last conversation!speak soon love gail x
- 2011-06-02 00:10 scootjockey
- Thanks barney n ozzie`s mum.We are having no luck yet but the image of our terrified tay keeps us on with our search.gail xx
- 2011-05-30 08:56 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Keeping everything crossed that this is Tay and he's home wih you very soon. Come on Tay, you've a gorgeous new playmate waiting for you too xxx
- 2011-05-29 06:07 scootjockey
- Had a call sat evening there s a dog fitting Tays description running free at ashurst beacon,we were there last night and getting ready to go back there now.Thanks kayla, thanks bazil,thanks everyone, keep searching please. gail and markx PS replied to grumbles post in dogs reunited.Last edited: 2011-05-29 06:15:24 by scootjockey
- 2011-05-27 23:35 bazil
- So sorry to read that you have not got your Tay back home with you yet. Keep positive xx
- 2011-05-26 17:51 kaylaxxx
- Hiya Gail ive seen the posters up to bull and butchers pub heading in to leigh it must be so frustrating your doing all you can and not having much to go on with Tay. I know what your goin through as i lost a 10 year old dog and never heard nothing from him again its heartbreaking. Just keep positive Tay will be back someone must know where he is. Im always looking for tay where ever i go just hope he returns soon for you. xx
- 2011-05-24 01:29 scootjockey
- Checked with animal warden and police if they had any calls about this dog before we went on sat night they hadnt we posterd Wigan rd atherton rd and manchester rd areas had a look round by joy mining and by tip. Been bk this morning had a long walk spoke to some dog walkers who walk that area in the mornings also went in recycle centre and to the butty van ,have left my number.I travel to leigh each morning using Wigan rd or bickershaw lane(where i usually walk)so its not out of my way to spend some time up there.Mark had a good feeling that the dog could be Tay and thats the first time he has felt that way since he s been missing.Hoping he stays safe and if he`s around to show himself,Bless him. Gail.
- 2011-05-21 19:43 scootjockey
- cheers kayla, i will go up there ,dont worry about our hopes,we follow everything up and appreciate all possible sighting even when not him .I will keep you posted.thanks again.gailx
- 2011-05-21 19:43 scootjockey
- cheers kayla, i will go up there ,dont worry about our hopes,we follow everything up and appreciate all possible sighting even when not him .I will keep you posted.thanks again.gailx
- 2011-05-21 18:34 kaylaxxx
- Hiya boyfriends just got back from work and says he seen a dog matching Tays description at 9.30 this morning running along wigan road in hindley heading towards the wiganer pub. the dog seemed very distressed and was running in front of cars etc he couldnt get out to catch it as he was late for work as it was. the dog seemed underweight and was dirty. dont want to get any hopes up as it may not be tay but just thought id let u know. kayla
- 2011-05-21 18:12 scootjockey
- I spoke to animal warden the springer was actually found in Atherton by a local lady who took him to Leigh cats and dogs home. The owner collected him the following day ...Happy days x Mark and i bought a cocker spaniel 8 months old hes great,Charlie has brought back some sunshine into our lives, having Charlie has helped eased our pain.Charlie and i walk for hours each day searching for Tay im sure if we d had charlie before Tay was stolen Charlie would be able to track him,im secretley hoping this will happen anyway,I let charlie go into Tays kennel occassionaly so he gets a good memory of Tays scent.Charlie loves everyone and looks forward to having a canine companion(Tay)to hunt and play with,Tay will probrably take one look and leave us again haha. We are still on first name terms with the animal wardens and they are very aware that Tays still missing. The posters definately work,we have had many calls from people who have found a spaniel and hope its Tay.We even looked after one for a week,some young girls on night out picked this one up fri 10pm took it to police station,all believed it to be Tay (defo a dog) the police warned us the dog was in poor condition,it was actually a gorgeous tri springer heading for the pound if we hadnt looked after it for a few days,he was actually a she named Sally who thought she was having puppies,Bless.Sally brought the sunshine with her and that was possibly the reason we considerd another dog.love gail
- 2011-05-19 01:15 scootjockey
- Thanks jackalee i ll check it out now , hoping and praying! gail x
- 2011-05-15 16:21 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Come on Tay, where are you? I keep checking your page hoping to see you in the blue. Any more news on the area where the posters keep disappearing?
- 2011-05-13 13:41 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Posted on the AW site today, I know it's an english but you never know x
Location: Wigan WN5
Our Ref: 234125
For further details call 0845 241 7253 (local rate)
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2011-05-05 21:15 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Any news?
- 2011-05-01 21:25 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- I have re-posted on my FB. Come on boy, time to come home xx
- 2011-04-29 21:30 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Gail. I really, really wish I was close enough to help you. It must be so hard, but try to keep the pressure on with the postering and make him the hottest dog around. Your best ever present to him was his microchip and I am convinced this will get him home to you eventually. Keep an eye on your local papers, newsagents windows etc for any adverts for puppies. Put the word around local schools too - kids are great at getting involved and you'll have hundreds more eyes looking out for him. Keeping everything crossed for you xxLast edited: 2011-04-29 21:31:57 by Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- 2011-04-29 07:12 scootjockey
- Posted across to marks facebook asked our friends to share with thier friends.Tays been away almost 8 weeks,if hes fathered any puppies they could be due in a week or so,couldnt they! .. gail x
- 2011-04-29 06:09 scootjockey
- just makes me cry,we cant find tay and theres nothing we can do.Hope he s not being treated cruelly.gail x.
- 2011-04-28 12:01 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Fingers crossed this can bring some good news of Tay xx
- 2011-04-27 12:36 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Thanks Sue, his owners are being very active, hope this brings some sightings of Tay. Jan x
- 2011-04-27 10:34 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in The Countryman's Weekly magazine today. I hope it brings some news.
- 2011-04-24 22:33 dinkydoodle
- I keep checking Tay's page hoping for news :( Come on Tay, where are you? Keep up the pressure, everything crossed he'll be back with you very soon.x.
- 2011-04-22 23:47 bazil
- Hoping Tay will be back home soon with you, must keep positive x
- 2011-04-22 15:50 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Still thinking about your lovely Tay and hoping he'll be home with you very soon xx
Dont lose heart.xx
- 2011-04-20 23:51 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Gail you are doing fab, take a look at REUNITED Geezer and Charlie, both back today. This is where we all want to see Tay. Keep your chin up, whoever has him cannot hide him forever. Jan x
- 2011-04-20 23:15 scootjockey
- Thanks Jackalee,I love doglost thank heavens we found it.
- 2011-04-20 22:47 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- We are all with you Gail. Yours gorgeous boy will be home with you soon, don't give up hope xx
- 2011-04-20 22:38 scootjockey
- Im still doing alot af walking and looking unfortunatly out of posters till tomorrow,we ve put 1000 posters up already,and eager to get more up such a waste being out there and not postering.RE;a certain area i beleive tay is being kept and where posters are always pulled down,i spoke to the community police officer based in the village library asked if the parish council had anything against our posters and she says not and if they had she would be the one instructed to remove them!expressed to her my theory and she s gonna watch for tay and the people responsible for taking our posters down.We havnt been up there since friday(lull someone into a false sence of security)Its hard to stay away however ive joined the library!!so i ll be popping in and out regularally.And your right majorjet quiet times are the worst and i dont know how we d cope if we didnt have an inclination of tays possible whereabouts.All we can hope for is that our tays loved and cared for untill we have him home here with us.And i have a strong feeling he will be,just dont know when. Tay has now been put on the springer spaniels missing dogs website by wendy took a while to do as couldnt get phone number,on another wrong number a lady told me whereabouts in parbold we d find the SSPR so thats good.Our tay will be home again im sure of it he just needs to stay safe.We love him so much. Gail.
- 2011-04-20 18:48 scootjockey
- thanks again for everyones support and thank you gwenhwyfar for the contact no of the wss rescue lady she should have been one of my first calls . have rung her now and left a message with my contact details will try he again tommorow if she doesnt get back to me first many thanks Mark
- 2011-04-19 23:56 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Thanks everyone for leaving positive comments for Mark and Gail, this is the worst time when there has been no sightings for a while and it is the not knowing where he is.
gwenhwyfar, thanks for posting the contact numbers for WSS greatly appreciated. Jan x
- 2011-04-19 22:43 bossyboots
- Gail and Mark, please dont give up hope. We are all praying for Tay to come home. Come on Tay, show yourself sweetheart.
- 2011-04-19 20:27 gwenhwyfar
- As I mentioned before - WSS Rescue national co-ordinator is Heather Riley on 01325 718055. She will liaise with WSS Rescue people in the area.
Please let Tay be found soon!
- 2011-04-18 21:56 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I know it must be hard, but you really do need to keep the pressure on and you are absolutely right, posters are key to getting Tay back. Think I've mentioned it before, but have you noticed any disappearing at all in a particular area? If he's been taken in by someone they will HAVE to venture out with him sometime. Come on Tay boy, show yourself so we can get you back to your mum and dad xx
- 2011-04-18 21:16 scootjockey
- IM a bit dejected today .back at work again with no little man to greet me when i get home ! , with no one seeing him last week my gut instinct says somebody has took him in somewhere hopefully a neighbour or some one will see a poster, put a lot out last weekend it only takes the right person to see one
- 2011-04-18 13:07 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Totally agree Jan, at least we have the AW site which is better than nothing. Just a bit frustrating sometimes x
- 2011-04-17 18:47 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Gail and Mark it is so annoying for you now to have had some regular sightings of Tay and it all go quiet. Keep checking DW's, AW's and kennels etc in case he has been picked up and handed in. We are all willing for you to get that most important call.
Thanks Jackalee for the update on the ESS. The AW's did start putting photo/s on a while ago but unfortunately there are only a few with photo/s. It is good the AW's have a site and they are still in the process of building it up. Jan x
- 2011-04-17 14:52 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- The springer spaniel in Heywood that was listed on AW site is now listed as being re-united with the owner :)
Thanks for the words of encouragement Jan. It is so frustrating on the AW site. I think in this advanced technological world we live in it's about time they started listing photographs xx
- 2011-04-16 07:27 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Jackalee, you are doing a fantastic job helping out checking the AW's site and it is greatly appreciated. Checking other sites can be very time consuming, posting all the details across is great and really helps locate the exact dog for owners or anyone else to follow up.
In the advice/info email it is stressed to owners to register their dogs missing with them and to also keep checking regularly for any matches.
The AW's are also included in the emailings out that I do when I can for the NW dogs.
Thanks Jackalee and anyone else who helps and supports owners you are all stars. :) Jan x
- 2011-04-16 01:38 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- AW site again. Found about 10 miles away in WA2 (think it's Newton le Willows area)
Springer Spaniel found 11th April
Location: Warrington WA2
Our Ref: 231177
I know it's a few days ago but found it whilst looking for another dog in Warrington area.
Am I doing the right thing here?
- 2011-04-15 12:10 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Maybe another goose chase as its in Heywood, Rochdale and described as an english springer but you never know.
Animal Warden website
Found 15th April in Heywood
Location: Heywood OL10
Our Ref: 231513
I apologise if this builds your hopes up again, but had to let you know just in case. xx
- 2011-04-15 11:56 scootjockey
- Hi, everything quiet on the tay sightings non since 5th april, my feelings are that tay escaped from whoever had been holding him for possibly2-3wks and he is now back there.Mark had texts on 7th allegedly frm abbey in appley bridge questioning my latest posters in shevington these one`s i had written tays sightings....breifly these txts seemed suspiciouly like someone looking for tay and in a panick to get to him before we did,they wanted to know of other sightings of tay(knew we as tays owners were recieving calls of his whereabouts and wanted us to tell them what we knew.I asked mark to throw them off his trail but im thinking they now have him again. Although were down at the moment we havnt stopped our search for tay ,weve just been working quietly! so to speak. gail
searching and mark ran
- 2011-04-12 22:58 dinkydoodle
- How can dogs be described so incorrectly, it never ceases to amaze me! Sorry there have not been any more sightings of your lovely Tay. Keep up the great work you are doing and it will pay off; there have been many dogs found after considerable amounts of time so please do not give up. I'm sorry I live too far away to help you with anything practical but Tay is in my thoughts and I check his page every day for news.
- 2011-04-12 12:57 scootjockey
- hi everybody have chased up spaniel found at bury despite being listed as a brown and white springer on dog wardens web site in reality he was a black and white working cocker spaniel ! , but the good news is he has been claimed by his owner that only lived one street away . also looked in to the springer found at warrington he was found with a colly cross but has also been re united by the warrington council warden with his owner . WAs out before first light on my moutain bike started at shevington where his last sighting was and rode to crook hall .then on to the bottom of kitt green hoping he might make an appearance very ealy morning . After that went down the leeds liverpool canal wth the intension of following it to ince .but un and ended up at fortunately took the wrong fork. and ended up at dover lock abram ! doh . met a lad on the canal bank with 8 working english springers but he hadnt seen or heard anything. spoke to all the dog walkers etc still no luck .yesterday afternoon went to the sports field at shevington on at 230pm the time of his sighting there met a woman with a english springer who told us a man there the prevous week was rushing about with a lead having just lost a spaniel that had got of its lead , our dog running away from someone ? the lady knows all the dogs walked in the area but hadnt seen this man before . becuse of this we have hammered the area with posters as with as nearby appley bridge . i wish i could clone myself as thed as so many different things you could be doing it would be handy if there wa 1000 of me all going in different directions . thank you for all the help and suggesdtion they are all appriecated and took on board the one big possitive is that most people we talk to have seen a poster or heard about the dog .
- 2011-04-11 19:18 mumstaxi
- hiya sorry about the rescue and rehoming numbers got from website,suggest also put posters up in pubs because i know that some dogs stolen are sold in social clubs and pubs xx come home soon tay
- 2011-04-10 21:02 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- This might be worth checking out. Animal Wardens site, springer spaniel found today.
Location: Bury BL9
Our Ref: 231088
I know Tay is a Welshie, but you never know if someone has mistaken him for an english and Bury is not that far away from Wigan considering how long Tay has been away.
Really hope this boy is home soon xx
- 2011-04-10 20:12 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- You are both doing a great job-just wish I was closer so I could help with your search. Keep an eye out if any posters start to disappear in a particular area, it could be a sign that someone is holding on to him. Are there any locks nearby on the canal? If so, wondered if you should poster them too incase he's been picked up by someone on a barge. Any factories/industrial estates along there? Could be a source of food for him, so would be worth handing out a few posters there. Sorry if this is causing you a lot of extra work, but trying to cover all possibilities x
- 2011-04-10 18:33 scootjockey
- Were numpties and just abosolute beginners on computors. have daughter who is good but not here at mo ..she dont twitter!try facebook poster now. also i understand triangle theory just wonderd if the time scales are worked out by having had more sightings or if and theres a usual time a dog hangs around in one place .Were prob not at this stage being that 3 sightings so far and there probrably along canal.Marks been working out the shortest routes from these places to home so if hes sighted we can scent .Were off again now travelling canal, which is pleasant,theres so much land to cover.Searchin and posting and talking to locals as we go.
- 2011-04-10 18:21 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Gail thanks for the update, good that you and Mark visited Cheshire Dog's Home. It can sometimes take a while for the right person to see a poster or media coverage. I have updated him on my Facebook pages and he has gone to the top again. I've also posted asking if anyone is able to help with the postering. Keep your chin up we are all thinking of you and you are both doing a great job. Jan x
- 2011-04-10 18:06 scootjockey
- thanx mums taxi. check doreens number for us plse....Number not reconised.Also brenda s landline number is no longer hers, ive left message on brenda s mobile. thanxs luv gail
- 2011-04-10 17:04 Reynard
- Gail have you Twittered and Facebook to ask help for postering other areas?
- 2011-04-10 16:41 scootjockey
- Aawwh cheer`s all,we were in need of some encouragement.Havnt had a sighting of Tay now since tuesday 5th.Fearing hes been kept by someone.Stressed.A lad cycling by crooke village said"dont lose faith,got our dog bk after 3mth`s thinks he`d been on leeds-liverpool canal the whole time perhaps being feed as a stray by barge people"finally got a call from southport where his dog was at that time,he was still wearing his collar and tag.Nice tale.We need help posting all wigan area and prob the Leeds-liverpool. Went to a Warrington Dogs home in Cheshire I commend it, lovely lady on management duty yesterday.Its part of the manchester dogs home ,Some strays in there.Dogs clearly love staff who sit in cuddling and playing,play on seesaw in ground.Some dogs here are long stay, however lovely place...gail x
- 2011-04-10 12:22 mumstaxi
- hi there have you tried welsh springer rescue and rehoming? Brenda Frost merseyside 07967246076/0151 2845860 or doreen gatley nw england 0161 99883911
- 2011-04-09 22:31 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Thanks mumstaxi for looking out for Tay and checking the AW's site, I am having laptop problems at the moment and have been unable to get onto do any checking.
Spoke to Mark this afternoon before him and Gail were going to visit kennels in person. Jan x
- 2011-04-09 22:30 dinkydoodle
- Come on Tay, I am so willing you to go home, just follow your dad's scent (he won't have forgotten it) cos you're a clever Welshie.x.
- 2011-04-09 20:15 mumstaxi
- hi there a spaniel has been collected in wn6 on animal warden site,last day or two,the ad says female springer white and brown, maybe worth a check because mistakes do sometimes happen
- 2011-04-09 19:39 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Its great news Mark that you are off work next week and will be able to look for Tay.
Fingers tightly crossed that you and Gail will be able to find your lovely boy soon.
Good luck. Barbara xxx
- 2011-04-09 14:39 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Mark great you are off work and able to search for Tay, you are getting well prepared and all your hard work will pay off. Good that you are also visiting the kennels to check and thanks for looking out for other missing dogs.
Thanks Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum for posting your advice you are a star. I did go through with Gail on the phone on how to behave and it is also in the email. I will ring Gail and Mark and to go through things again.
Come on Tay we want to see you in the BLUE. Jan x
- 2011-04-09 13:58 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Just realised I've already suggested the barbecue to you :-)
- 2011-04-09 13:57 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Mark. Is there anywhere you could camp out overnight alongside the canal? Maybe have a barbecue too? Hopefully some nice smelly sausages will draw him in! Have you been advised what to do if you see him? i.e don't expect him to come running straight to you and don't chase after him whatever you do!! Preferably sit or lay on the ground talking to him quietly and avoiding eye contact. Hopefully he will then come close enough for you to slip a lead on him. Keeping everything crossed for you x
- 2011-04-09 12:17 scootjockey
- hi managed to get next week of work so i can get out every day if neccessary searching . checking all the local dogs home today in person . have collected large amount of urine so i can lay a scent trail fro where he has beem sited . while in the dogs home will try and cross reference dogs on the web site with dogs that we see in the hope of returning someone elses dog home . have also brought a very smelly work teeshirt from home to drag d for the scent , hopefully he will still remenber my scent as when hes home and i get up for work he will be asleep on top of the work clothes on the settee ! ,still think as somone suggested he is running round close to the leeds liverpool canal. can anybody explain the triangle theory of dog travel ? i suppose its self explanitory really but i could be missing something ! . apparently the blue half choke collar that was on tay is no longer it had like a safety weak link in it so he could have got caught on something and it broke or he could have snapped it escaping from someone who was trying to keep hold of him . have got my moutain bike down here now so i should be able to cover more ground .
- 2011-04-07 19:57 bossyboots
- Tay really is a gorgeous boy. Gail and mark, we are all behind you and pray Tay is back with you soon. You are doing really well and I hope all your hard work is rewarded very soon.
- 2011-04-07 15:17 Reynard
- Thanks for all the updates Gready xxx
Put some flyers through doors or get someone to do it for you local scouts something like that......
Perhaps shouting not a good idea as dogs that are out often, I beleive think they are being shouted at better to put scent, sit a while , chat , barbecue sausages, but you do need a rough idea where he is to do that,,,well done your hard work will pay off Good Luck xxx
- 2011-04-07 12:24 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Gail and Mark. This probably sounds a bit daft, but has he got a favourite squeaky toy that you could take with you and squeak when you're searching? Also, is there anywhere near the recent sighting that you could set up a portable barbecue and cook some nice smelly sausages? Might just lure him out......
- 2011-04-07 10:28 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Thanks Jayne. I'll send new poster out to contacts I have in the area.
This gorgeous boy is really tugging at my heart strings.
Fingers crossed he's safely home soon. Barbara x
- 2011-04-07 09:55 Jayne - Head Office
- Poster e mailed out to local helpers.
- 2011-04-07 01:26 gready
- Great news that the old girl was it betsey lab/collie? was reunited with her owners,been missing quite a while.Ive been off line 2 days but staff at manchester dogs home told me today.Inspiring.Well done old lass.xxAlso had acall frm a wigan vets who had a stray springer spaniel with them .This springer was being looked after by the lady who found her a day only then she off to a kennel.Also inspiring .I ll look on dog warden if i can see if its reported missing .gail
- 2011-04-07 00:12 gready
- hiya all,been ages(computor locked)god ive missed having someone to talk to.You probrably realised i didnt see our tay last night nor today/tonight. I didnt give it me best shot though last i left it late purposely my thoughts were that in the quiet of night my voice would carry and tay might hear,in realality it was too late to be out shouting tays name and might offend the residents!more than i did when i bombarded thier village with posters.I d guess i put 50 up and 40 had been taken down before got there this evening!Someones disturbed by them, GOOD. I didnt have enough juice!!!for scenting last night really but i have now.Tomorrow looks promising weather wise me and annie gonna do canal on our bikes.Can get a better look around some folk im suspitious of!Ill scent on way back home.would it be ok to do again on sat if need to?
- 2011-04-06 23:49 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Come on Tay, lets see you going home. Liz xx
- 2011-04-06 22:47 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Mark and Gail great we now have photo/s of Tay, the similar one was a very good likeness. I've grouped his photo/s together and will update the various size posters. You are both doing a great job and sure it will not be long before we see Tay go into the BLUE. Good luck. Jan x
- 2011-04-06 22:09 dinkydoodle
- Keep going guys, you are doing a brilliant job. Everything crossed here for you Tay, you look so much like my old boy now playing at Rainbow Bridge. Come on handsome boy, make yourself known to someone so you can go home.x.
- 2011-04-06 20:59 scootjockey
- hi have just ordered ordinance survey map on line with the point tay went missing at in the centre ,i will log all the sightings on to see if there is a pattern to where he is going, it will also help me determine the best places to look . we have already brought what i would describe as lamping lamps from asda which work like a search light giving out a long narrow beam of light which if a animal gets caught in the beam its eyes reflect back making it visible over a long distance. These lamps where only 12 pound each and can be recharged from the mains at home or the car cigar lighter. will resume the search again on friday night when i get back from work to wigan .dont worry little man i wont give up till you are found !
- 2011-04-06 19:09 Shereen
- OW TAY What a gorgeous boy you are! Keep safe until your found...Sending positive thoughts your way.XXX
- 2011-04-06 18:43 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Bumped to the top now we have a photo of Tay on site.
- 2011-04-06 10:47 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Hi Mark. Glad to see you've made it here. Really hoping to see Tay safely back home very soon.
Good luck xx
- 2011-04-06 09:19 Meru
- Hope to see Tay in the 'blue' very soon
- 2011-04-05 23:59 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Mark welcome on board DL and thanks for posting an update. I have just sent you updated various size posters. Can you send me the photo/s either by email for mobile phone (my number is at the bottom of my email). We are all willing Tay back home with you. You and Gail have worked so hard. Jan x
- 2011-04-05 23:48 scootjockey
- hi gail is still out looking as we speak im Mark tays dad and at the moment im a frustrating 160 miles away . have managed to get a old mobile phone to work that has go a couple of decent photos on .the phone had got wet and stopped working .also the sim card was lost . so i have been to tesco to get another sim , should be able to upload them tommorow with the help of a more computer minded work mate. had a load of photos on a disc which broke typically hence the reason we had to use a image as close as we could find to my little man the only obvous difference being tay is whiter in the face thank everyone for your support and lets hope our luck changes and he is back with us soon
- 2011-04-05 23:41 bazil
- Oh hope this is Tay and you get him home very soon, and safe and well xx
- 2011-04-05 23:09 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Keeping my fingers crossed that Tay is home soon xx
- 2011-04-05 23:00 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- Got all paws crossed here in Bucks x
- 2011-04-05 22:43 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Thanks everyone for your support. Have gone through with Gail on how to behave if Tay is seen and to leave an item of clothing in a safe area. Gail and Mark who is actually Tay's owner are doing a brilliant job in their search and looks like it has paid off. Come on Tay we want to see you back home. Jan x
- 2011-04-05 22:29 Berties Family
- hope this is Tay.......good luck
- 2011-04-05 22:27 Reynard
- Oh! Well done Gready stay with it and Tay will soon be home , just needs to hear Mums gentle voice and perhaps the smell of some sausages..............Good Luck xxx
Thanks Majoret for helping Tays owner xxx
- 2011-04-05 22:13 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Good luck. Liz xx
- 2011-04-05 21:36 dinkydoodle
- Everything crossed here that the sighting is of Tay and Gail at least sees him tonight, but better still manages to catch him. Come on Tay, give yourself up to your mum.x.
- 2011-04-05 21:29 angi
- we are all really hoping this is Tay and he is home where he belongs very soon xx
- 2011-04-05 21:19 bossyboots
- Fingers crossed that tay is home very soon. Im going to have a look on google map now for the area cos I dont know it. If I can help in any way, I will.
- 2011-04-05 20:34 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Fingers and paws all crossed here too!! Don't forget the scenting!!
- 2011-04-05 20:03 Shereen
- Realy hope its him and hes home with you tonight!!!...Fingers and paws crossed here in Oxfordshire!!!
- 2011-04-05 19:53 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- The sighting sounds very promising Gail has gone over the the area now. They have been putting posters up and this is how the lady got in touch with them. Looks like he has been made too hot to handle and the posters are working.
I've updated the details with his age and added a REWARD, also he has a docked tail. Good luck Gail hope to see him go into the BLUE soon. Jan x
- 2011-04-05 19:25 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Just speaking to Gail at this moment. Jan x
- 2011-04-05 18:20 gready
- hi everyone had a sighting of tay 3 45 ish at shevington town centre around the wooden hut type building which has football playing feild behind it. Its around the corner from the church and cemetry(frm standish lower ground)Just after the library(frm orrell)This lady spotted him ,he was alone she spoke to him but couldnt grab him and she beleives its tay .looks good and well ive been up there and to crooke village.Everyone there are already looking out for him he s not there at not yet. tay can get bk to ours easily . BUt panic sets in again just spotted some large caravans in feilds behhind lathom lane and bell lane! Im bk out over there and i dont want to come home without him.
- 2011-04-05 13:15 gready
- Thankyou thats a good idea will get on with it tonight.Martland mill lane area is point for some reason im drawn to and call there each evening.Weve been approached by BBC who are hoping to make a documentary on lost/stolen dogs.Mark will be dealing with that whilst i carry on with groundwork here . Keep posting everyone. Thanks for all your efforts we do appreciate everything.
- 2011-04-05 12:32 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I've had a quick look on a map to see if this sighting is anywhere near the one on Petticoat Lane and wondered (if both sightings are him) if he could be travelling alongside the Leeds and Liverpool canal? Might be an idea to put up posters along there.
- 2011-04-05 12:23 nikkic
- Good Luck Gready I hope u get him home safe soon xx
- 2011-04-05 10:59 gready
- Mark had a call from mrs dickinson says her son saw a dog like tay running free possibly stadium way behind the phenoix chinese resturaunt and nr the rugby ground sometime on sunday night.. this is 1 mile frm us .We were there on sunday too. Ladies work colegue took her a poster with details on . I ll be down there scenting in a mo .Let him come home Please God.
- 2011-04-04 23:16 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&ref=ts&gid=362175273467#!/group.php?gid=362175273467 DOGLOST NORTHWEST
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000892692484 Majorjet Doglost
Details and photo are also on DL NW Face Book group and my own profile page.
- 2011-04-04 22:48 gready
- hoping to have photos of tay tomoro . will get em to you as soon as.
- 2011-04-04 22:42 gready
- hi marjoret, it was out of hours AW debbie ,mark spoke to.the dog hadnt been reported to warden nor police, so have no record of it.I should be home 8am-12noon tomorrow
- 2011-04-04 22:17 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Gail it was me who rang early this morning and you were not available, I was in work and was hoping to speak to you before everyone came into work.
Photo updated with SIMILAR DOG and STOLEN, have done the various size posters and will email them to you along with advice/info I send out to owners in the NW.
Have you tried the Out of Hours AW 0845 471 7253? I have checked their site and cannot see any found Welshies on there. Jan x
- 2011-04-04 17:58 gready
- that area is coverd by Cheshire East council, Opens 9am tomorrow . does anyone have any suggestions how to make contact with someone before tomorrow. ta gail
- 2011-04-04 17:53 gready
- regardin the found spaniel found yesterday by Frazzy. I rang Hollies,Kennells @ hough. Cagy tracy who slammed phone down on me .Dog was a weslhie Red and white been collected by an elderly lady whom the dog reconised!No scanner at this place. I asked how the owner knew that the dog was there being that it arrived late yesterday and at 11 30am today Frazzy said arrangements had been made for its owner to collect tracy slammed phone down on me . Marks on it he hasnt got an answer.On with report to wardens .Help us quickley. gail
- 2011-04-04 16:24 Shereen
- Jan The photo on the poster IS NOT TAY ITS A SIMILAR DOG please could you adjust poster Thankyou : )..XXX
- 2011-04-04 15:27 gready
- Frazzy found a springer yesterday(read posts)we posted commemt late last night expressed our interest , now we cant get answer and although frazzy posted he s being collected by owner despite no chip! no tag!at 11am the dog was waiting for his owner to collect him.Anyone know which kennell the dog was being held at . ta gail x
- 2011-04-04 10:07 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- I'm sorry your lovely boy is still missing. Keep up with the postering and checking the pounds, vets and rescue centres.
Good luck. Barbara x
- 2011-04-04 08:50 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- I am in work but will try and ring family a.s.a.p. Jan x
- 2011-04-04 08:39 Shereen
- Reynard/gready....Scenting Instructions now sent....also udated page with email address.
- 2011-04-04 08:11 Reynard
- gready If you add your email address in 'update details' I will send you the scenting instuctions ,,,but bascicaly its your watered down pee! xxx
- 2011-04-04 03:11 gready
- Kaylaxxx, thanks we really appreciate you helping us,weve been over there all night and all day yesterday. The industrial estate is a scary place after dark(keep safe).Theres a black/white springer walked by dark haired fella and a young man walks a springer whilst pushing a pram, i havnt seen him, dunno how long he s had his dog.The karaoke guy from amberswood pub lives on petticoat lane est assured me he d put the word out and keep a look out for tay.Told us odf two jack russells stolen and found on that est 2 gypsie families who share a house there were responsible.Thanks for your ideas and suggestions barney and ozzies mum , much appreciated. And yeah breif us in on scenting if you would. please god find him! gail and mark
- 2011-04-03 21:54 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Gail and Mark. So sorry to read that Tay is still missing. My heart really goes out to you. Did you or your neighbours notice any strange cars or vans in the area the day he went missing? Could he be clearly seen over the fence or would someone have had to know you had him? I would suggest visiting all your local pubs and asking them to display posters - these are the sorts of places where dogs get sold on. You need to make him too hot to handle, so car boots and supermarket carparks would also be good places to display posters. Have you had the scenting instructions yet? If not I can excplain them briefly to you. Good luck and I hope he's home soon x
- 2011-04-03 21:08 kaylaxxx
- Hi gready i live in hindley so had a pop up2 petticoat lane just before had a look up by the tip all down the road of morrissons and all round car park couldnt really see much because its dark but ill try again 2morro when i finish work. Really hope Tay shows himself soon
- 2011-04-03 20:25 Reynard
- Good Luck gready really hoping that you find the gorgeous Tay v soon , thinking of you all xxx
- 2011-04-03 16:22 gready
- 23 days now and our tay still not home,we continue with our search mainly the ince area but still poping round to our usual spots ,nothing,nothing.nothing.Had worst few days since tay went missing couldnt stop crying,Reading Jessie`s posts opened the flood gates,what a little shame for her and her family heartfelt sympathy.I just feel our Tay must be in a situation where he cant help himself and its that that keeps you keeping on.Mark and i are waiting for details of scenting sure this would help him home if we had something to go off, ive trailed marks clothing from posible sightings bk to our home, marks pillow and dressing gown are tucked away beside our front door i have something trailing from our back gate incase he should make it home.Had a rest this morning had agood nights sleep, first since tay went missing.Gonna have to follow a hunch we have and deal with it,its the only thing that makes any sence to us and its probrably the only thing we have.I will keep you posted on this one.Sorry nothing positive today but we wont stop looking. gail
- 2011-04-03 16:21 tarfgi
- Great!, thanks Reynard.
- 2011-04-02 14:32 Reynard
- Thanks tarfgi more peeps that know about Tay the better eh xxx Now I have Heathers email I will also alert her in future
- 2011-04-02 13:45 J MO
- Gready, if u ring Wigan Council and ask for their Property Management Dept they will usually tell I where abouts the Travellers r?
- 2011-04-02 10:25 tarfgi
- He is also being cross-posted on Facebook.
- 2011-04-02 10:20 tarfgi
- Sorry Reynard, didn't mean that to sound like a reprimand :), I just thought that if somebody had news of the Welshie, they wouldn't think of informing the breed rescue of another breed even though it's local. WSS Rescue doesn't have a website but a very well organised band of regional reps. The National Co-ordinator is Heather Riley email@example.com
All members of the WSS Club have been notified of Tay's disappearance.
- 2011-04-02 09:55 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Sorry I am not close enough to help but Ihope you find him soon and I pray he is not on a travellers site. Liz xx
- 2011-04-02 09:51 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- So pleased you've managed to get on here. I realised from Mark's text messages that you were having problems.
We'll do all we can to help you find Tay. Keep putting posters up to make him too hot to handle and check local pounds in case he's been handed in.
Good luck. Barbara x
- 2011-04-02 03:08 gready
- At last we succeeded to log-on.Thanks everyone for your help and support in our search for our Tay.Had a call this evening from Binman working this afternoon in the ince area app 2.30pm he saw adog which could have been tay running loose on petticoat lane front of bungalows for elderly. I got over there 7ish he wasnt there,no one recalls seeing him.posted a few flyers .The dog in question was looking like he`d been straying for awhile. Aawww Please god find him. There are some travellers close to where he was sighted,strange that coz ive spent the whole day looking for travellers site in our area i didnt find it but im assured we have some by us.I ll see what tomoro brings and keep you posted. I know anyone able to will be doing what they can to find him, i dont know how we`d cope if we hadnt found this web site , mark and i felt so lonely in our search.thankyou thankyou mark and gailx
- 2011-04-01 17:10 Reynard
- Pardon me tarfgi but I dont think NESSR mind as he is a Springer after all (but do correct me if I am wrong) & thanks for putting TAY on the Welsh Springer Rescue, perhaps you would like to add the web address here?.Last edited: 2011-04-01 17:13:56 by Reynard
- 2011-04-01 12:50 tarfgi
- @Reynard - nessr is for English Springers only. Welsh Springer Rescue now know about this Welshie.Last edited: 2011-04-01 12:50:34 by tarfgi
- 2011-04-01 10:38 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Wigan Council have retweeted on twitter. The word is getting round.
- 2011-04-01 10:12 Jayne - Head Office
- Poster e mailed to helpers in WN postcodes.
- 2011-04-01 09:40 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Thanks Riverlady. Can email alerts go out please.
- 2011-03-31 21:13 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Have put Tay on twitter + will circulate.
- 2011-03-31 21:11 dinkydoodle
- What an adorable chap, I agree goldonfrodo, I owned a Welshie and love the breed. Presumably the owner has got a CRN? Wish I was closer to keep an eye out for him but will do so via the net. I'll be watching Tay's page anxiously, stay safe little man.x.
- 2011-03-31 20:54 Reynard
- Cross Posted this Gorgeous boy to Its a Springthing & NESSR Spaniel forums.
- 2011-03-31 17:01 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Left a message with Tay's owner letting him know a photo of Tay is now on site.
Hopefully we can get this boy back home with his family.
I'll also crosspost to gundog forums.
- 2011-03-31 16:51 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Will send to contacts in the area.
- 2011-03-31 16:36 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Managed to get a photo of the lovely Tay.
Please can email alerts go out for him. Thanks.
- 2011-03-31 15:06 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Thanks for all your help. Tay's owner is having a problem sending a photo.
He says that he's advertised Tay in a Wigan paper. I've googled but cant find it.
If anyone local sees it will they please put the link on here.
Thanks. Barbara xx
- 2011-03-31 09:36 Meru
- I live in Hindley but will keep an eye open
- 2011-03-30 21:36 ella
- Will keep eyes and ears open around Haigh Plantations, let me know if I can help!
- 2011-03-30 15:18 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Couldnt get through so sent a text. Had a Welshie myself and love the breed.
Hope this boy is found soon xx
- 2011-03-30 15:07 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Will contact owner for photo
- 2011-03-30 15:03
- Sorry to see that TAY STILL MISSING STOLEN is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.