Lost: Liver & White Spaniel Cross Male In South West (PL30)
- Dog ID 28036
- Status Lost
- Registered 15 Feb 2011
- Name OSCAR SIGHTING
- Breed Spaniel Cross
- Gender Male
- Age Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour Liver & White
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars Last sighting Delabole 7th march 2014.Small scar on chest nr right shoulder. Collar & Id worn
- Tagged Yes
- Microchipped Unknown
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 07 Feb 2011
- Where Lost Lost from De Lank nr St Breward, sighting most recently in the Delabole, camelford, Roughtor area. Previously- shell woods, Tresarrett, St Tudy, Colliford, Nr Bodmin.
- Lost In Region South West
- Lost In Post Area PL30
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Oscar is 4 years old(march 2014) and a Springer Collie cross. Oscar went missing from PL30 4NN (De Lank)Bodmin Moor He has a white muzzle on 3 brown beauty spots in a row on his left side and one larger one on the right side of his muzzle. His paws and chest are also white and he has a white stripe down the middle of his head. Fluffy spaniel ears. He has a very small white tip on his tail.
- Phone 1 07751 208298 / 07939 726019
- Phone 2 07706 981080 / 07747163059
- Reward? YES
- Listed By Jayne - Head Office
- Views 75052
- Followers 100
- See more dogs Lost in PL30
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2014-04-16 16:39 Max
- Hoping that he is now getting closer to being back home.
Come on Oscar.
- 2014-04-16 11:49 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Can you put a feeding station at friends house...end of the trail?
- 2014-04-16 06:57 jenny4
- Its great news hes about again and also good he doesnt hide from people.......bin day today isnt it?Hope he gets home soon.....sadly can only watch from afar but you are always on my mind and do keep looking for him to go into the blue xx
- 2014-04-15 23:13 Michelleand Jon
- I'm out there as much as possible. Doing a scent trail again up to friends house. Also try to set up a feeding station but that maybe a bit tricky as the area is walked alot by dog walkers.
- 2014-04-15 21:39 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Wonderful to hear he's been spotted again. What's your next move Michelle?
- 2014-04-15 20:59 Michelleand Jon
- Oscar has been spotted again today down in Delabole woods. He ran passed a group of teenagers into the field and hopped over the wall into another field. Pauline also saw him but was too far away to follow him. Thank you Tanya for calling to let me know and showing where you saw him. Unfortunately Jan and I didn't see him on our travels.
- 2014-04-13 20:35 Jenny & Tiga
- It might be worth checking with the quarry to see if they have the cctv installed yet and up and running. When we were down tracking after Christmas they were in the process of having it installed. When Tiga tracked down Medrose Street and behind the fish & chip shop I looked everywhere for cctv but there was not any. We tried a trap but with so many cats around we were constantly getting cats out of the trap only for them to go back in! So pleased to see that he is still in the area, it is only a matter of time and patience that the perseverance from Michelle and Pauline will pay off.
- 2014-04-13 18:13 Phoebe
- 2014-04-12 08:25 duffs54
- So pleased he has shown himself again I really hope he will be back home asap.xxxx
Like Ellie said are any of these places covered by cctv, maybe where the chip shop is located, some cameras are not always on the outside of the shops but upstairs in the flats above. I don't know the areas as I am miles away but any little thing might help.
- 2014-04-11 18:33 Jayne - Head Office
- 1,000posts...is this a record? hope it brings some good luck for you...
- 2014-04-11 18:19 Shelagh Savage
- Fantastic news,another sighting.Come on Oscar time you were back home.
- 2014-04-11 14:03 bazil
- Great news he is still in the area and has been sighted again. Come on Oscar... come out again. Good luck.Last edited: 2014-04-11 14:03:45 by bazil
- 2014-04-11 13:59 Ellie
- Sorry to keep harping on about this but if he was seen at the filling station then would it be possible that they would have a cctv? Most of them do, and it might give you some indication on the direction that he went.
- 2014-04-11 13:53 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Bumping due to sighting
- 2014-04-11 10:52 Jonathan
- When I looked with you last month this sighting just confirms that Thursday is bin day and when he seems to be seen most. This must be very frustrating for you. You really need someone or a couple of people to put a webcam in their window pointing along Medrose St and /or the main road if only to just confirm all the sightings and the direction he heads off in. I am not sure what the best webcam setup would be but perhaps someone with the technical knowledge can help here and suggest the simplest and cheapest system to use to get the best chance of a picture. Good luck and I am sure you will succeed just by your fierce determination eventually.
- 2014-04-11 09:45 Michelleand Jon
- He was spotted last night by the filing station on the main road heading towards the chip shop at 10.10pm. After no sightings for the last 4 weeks we were worried that he had changed are. Come on boy show yourself to me.
- 2014-04-09 12:47 Esther
- Going by the number of young rabbits we have around now maybe Oscar is now off chasing them
- 2014-04-03 00:12 Esther
- I am sure he will be ok, he has been so clever so far
- 2014-04-01 11:42 Michelleand Jon
- Coming up 3 weeks without a sighting :( Come on boy show yourself to let me know your ok after the big storm.
- 2014-03-31 23:53 bazil
- Come on Oscar... where are you???
- 2014-03-22 21:34 Phoebe
- 2014-03-22 16:54 Phoebe
- 2014-03-19 10:00 Ellie
- Would it be poss to do a regular bbq perhaps every weekend now that the weather is better? Right in the middle of where he gets spotted. Surely he would turn up when he's hungry!
- 2014-03-17 06:30 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Hi Ellie, Bbq's have been tried ever since he went missing at various times when we have had sightings etc.
Come on Oscar boy, We want you home for your birthday.x
- 2014-03-14 13:25 Ellie
- Not sure whether you've done this before as I live in Oxfordshire and tend to look in when I'm on the site, but would it be poss to get a bbq going amongst these places that you have mentioned. Right smack in the middle of them so that the smell could lure him in. Even if it's scraps from the butchers or cheap lights, anything that will give off a strong aroma. No matter how bad the smell, the stronger the better!
- 2014-03-14 10:05 Michelleand Jon
- He disppeared again by the time we got there. But we did bump into the lovely young lad who saw him. He said he was looking at his poster when he walked behind him, looked at the poster looked at him, looked at the poster again then followed him up Medrose where he was weaving in and out of cars but then lost him. He confirmed his markings and said he had twigs and moss on his coat and was limping a little. I was surprised he was seen as it had been foggy all day over the most of Cornwall but it must have lifted in Delabole for a little while before it come back in again. Today is foggy too The young lad was lovely he was saying he had a dog go missing for 2 years and was feral when he got him back but brought him around. He is going to get his friends to put our numbers in their phones incase any of them see him.
No-one has got CCTV in the area I have already asked. There are so may places he could be hiding. I walk that footpath that is at the bottom of Medrose is goes all around the quarry and leads off into so many different parts, you can even get to Pengelly and Cemetery lane from there. Also there are lots of dis-used buildings he could be bunking up in. I think it is definitely a case of been there at the right time and right place.
- 2014-03-14 07:50 duffs54
- I'm miles away too but check in on my watched dogs twice day for any news and am always pleased to see that Oscar has new postings to read hoping it will be the one that has a a big found next to it. Hoping it could be any day soon xxx
- 2014-03-13 23:30 Esther
- Interesting thought Ellie, it might just help.
- 2014-03-13 22:48 NickyJ
- He must have a hiding place nearby, looking on StreetView maybe he comes up Medrose St from the footpath at the far end, and beyond that is open ground? Also, further across from there is an air-dried meat charcuterie, do you think he visits there, drawn by the smell and possibly scraps?
Or, is there possibly any where off of Medrose St he can be hiding? Any over grown gardens, empty houses or sheds?Last edited: 2014-03-13 22:50:21 by NickyJ
- 2014-03-13 22:33 Ellie
- Oh,how frustrating! He really is a Houdini! I know it might sound drastic but would there be a chance of seeing if he was on a CCTV camera?Not sure whether that would be possible but perhaps worth a try. Last edited: 2014-03-13 22:40:25 by Ellie
- 2014-03-13 21:28 Owl
- Oscar was spotted in Medrose Street again this afternoon but had legged it by the time the team arrived.Last edited: 2014-03-13 22:27:36 by Owl
- 2014-03-12 12:55 Emma Coole
- Thank you for your kind words, and offer of a chat anytime. Much appreciated. Good days and bad here, to be expected. Spent some nice quiet time in the sun at the weekend, by the flowers we planted for out dear puppy. Everything crossed for Oscar. xx
- 2014-03-11 20:48 Michelleand Jon
- Jonathan my number is 07751 208298. I shall be around from about 6ish and I have a white Astra van with Missing dog signs on the side. Please feel free to give me a call. Michelle :)
Have been walking the area everyday but not seen anything.Last edited: 2014-03-11 20:48:41 by Michelleand Jon
- 2014-03-11 09:29 C.J. - POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- I am not going to explain too much the reasons behind removed posts . If they are negative and not in the true spirit of this site they will be removed.removed. Thats it !
Loosing a dog is painful enough without having to read the dribble of those who have no idea but seem to like to voice their opinions.
Now lets get back on track with what we all do best -help and support owners with all these missing dogs.
- 2014-03-10 21:01 Phoebe
- I read zeta's comments before they were removed but could not see anything that was so wrong and upsetting about them. Lots of a very nasty remarks followed for some reason.
- 2014-03-10 16:53 Jonathan
- I am staying in Trebarwith Strand on Wednesday night so will be able to walk the area Wednesday PM and Thursday AM before heading back to Buckinghamshire. Do I call the numbers on the doglost page if anyone wants to meet me?.
- 2014-03-08 11:18 Janine
- Oscar is getting closer to being found every day,nice to see so many positive people willing him to be found
- 2014-03-07 21:20 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- More positive news. Come on Oscar!!
- 2014-03-07 20:36 silver
- Have been following Oscar's story for some time now and am willing him to come home. Was staying in Boscastle last weekend so on my way back (slight detour South) visited Delabole (Medrose Street etc)and took a walk along footpath at end. Saw nothing, but lots of posters and met some people in a local garage when filling up and everyone knew about Oscar and recent sitings.
Jonathan met you during search for Tripp.
Zeta perhaps reading comments will make you change your view on lost dogs and people's devotion to finding their beloved pet. You need to understand dog behaviour and the fact they will go feral. This is a great site and everyone is so friendly/supportive so we don't need negative comments.
Come on Oscar!!
- 2014-03-07 18:28 Claire Weston Turville
- Great news on latest sighting. With your patience and dedication to getting Oscar home will be repaid when he is finally lying on your sofa just catching up with good old home comforts. Good luck xx
- 2014-03-07 17:46 Shelagh Savage
- Oh that is great news, come on Oscar,you're missed so much and so many people willing you to be re-united
- 2014-03-07 17:02 janiejewel1649
- Sounds promising. Come on Oscar. Paws, and fingers xd.
- 2014-03-07 16:43 Max
- I am a bit too far away to be 'on the scene', but am there in spirit. We all wish Team Oscar the very best of luck, it won't be long now.
Keep the faith & ignore any negativity.
- 2014-03-07 14:00 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Bumping, Jan's just had a phone call to say possible sighting by postbox by Lugg's garage in Delabole, if anyone is available to go and look(please do not chase or try and catch) if you need advice please call Michelle on the number above or me if you can't get hold of Michelle.
- 2014-03-07 12:50 Michelleand Jon
- Awww thanks Jonathan that's really kind of you. But are you sure? Liskeard and Delabole are about 27 miles away from each other. The bin bags get put out on Wednesday for collection Thursday morning. If you do decide to stay there I'm sure one of team Oscar can show you around the area :)
- 2014-03-07 12:22 janiejewel1649
- Michelleand Jon. Well said. Emma. Sorry to hear about your puppy, but remember he/she will always be around you in spirit. Also , one day you will be reunited with her/him, when the time is right. As for these negative idiots who post nast things on the internet are really not worth your blood pressure.
- 2014-03-07 11:40 Jonathan
- I have to go to Liskeard for work in a couple of weeks time. Its an overnight trip because of the distance and I was therefore thinking that after my site visits I would stay near Delabole. I could then walk all the local footpaths in the evening. It appears to me that Oscar might be appearing when the household rubbish is put out for collection. If that is the case then what evenings are the rubbish bags put out in Delabole and I will arrange my trip to suit. I have three Springers and I would be distraught if I lost any of them so I am happy to help.
- 2014-03-07 10:37 Michelleand Jon
- I have got to laugh at you Zeta. I didn't see your last lot of posts but from the other comments it sounds like they were not good and very negative. Well all I can say is that it's you that looks STUPID, an IDIOT trying to get a raise out of people. I've had a lot worse comment from people who at least have the guts to say it to my face. Now run along dear and find another hobbie. Hahahahaha
Emma my number is the first one above if you ever want to have a chat when lowlifes are getting you down, I'll pick you up with positivity. Remember they are all big and hard behind a computer and wouldn't dream of saying it to you in person. Hard work, determination, a good team and positive thinking will reunite us with our dogs. You see I maybe Oscar's human mum but he's now got a further 800+ adopted human aunties and uncles, our new family. Keep up your hard work and don't let these negative idiots get to you.
- 2014-03-07 10:03 Ellie
- Come on Oscar time to get home now.Michelle and Jon are really missing you and want you home ASAP. Sending you positive vibes from Oxfordshire!
- 2014-03-07 07:41 janiejewel1649
- Hi Emma. I would not bother to worry about some people`s negativity. It is best to concewntrate on the positive. After all when we are unwell, we concentrate on improving dont we, not getting worse? Negativity does not help anyone on this site. Positivity is the key word on here.
- 2014-03-07 00:02 Luby
- Everyone following Oscar on this site are willing and praying he will finally be reunited with Michelle and John, and it's not for the want of trying both for them and the people who have seen him and tried to capture him. Pauline came sooo close. So I'm sure other members will agree that negative comments from Zeta are no help to anyone. I totally agree with another members comment that she/he is perhaps on the wrong site! Zeta should be blocked from the site for causing distress and anxiety to caring dog owners and helpers who are busting a gut to get Oscar home!! I'm sure lots of other members will be with me on this? Come on Oscar there's a nice warm bed waiting at home for you! Good Luck Michelle and John, hope he's soon in the BLUE!!
- 2014-03-06 23:24 bazil
- I joined doglost not long after Oscar went missing and have followed his story since then. Oscar's family have never given up and will not give up until they have their boy back home safe with them. Oscar has a fantastic team who are determined to get him home.
This is what doglost is all about... REUNITING owners with their pets.
Zeta I do not understand why you have joined doglost to come on and be so negative. You should be here to help and support.
During the past 3 years I have got to know and meet some fantastic people through doglost. We are all on here to support those who have their dog/dogs lost or stolen.... sometimes cats and humans too.
Come on Oscar.... we are all wanting to see you over in the 'Blue' so our celebrations can begin x
- 2014-03-06 22:41 Emma Coole
- Having lost our gorgeous puppy on new years day, I have experienced the pain on losing your much loved family member. We have also experienced horrible negativity, and down right nasty comments from internet sites. Remember as we have had too, there are far more people willing, hoping and checking everyday in hope that Oscar will be reunited with you as soon as possible! I can't wait to see him in the blue soon! Keep positive!
- 2014-03-06 20:52 janiejewel1649
- Poochpal. I have learned something today. Come on Oscar, your family really need you: please come home. All xd.
- 2014-03-06 19:36 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Zeta, I think that your comments are being deleted because they ate quite negative. We are here to support the owners. It is unusual for a dog to survive this long without being caught but there have been many cases in the past, I believe a greyhound lived wild for over 10 years until suffering from arthritis. We had one locally who refused to be caught for 13 months, he would feed in a garden within a few feet of humans but not allow anyone close enough to touch him and refused to go into a trap no matter how tasty the bait!
A domestic dog very quickly moves into survival mode when separated from its humans and natural instincts take over. Oscar has spent most of his free time on the wilds of Bodmin Moor catching rabbits and living off carrion. I believe there was an outbreak of myxomatosis which is when hunger drove him to the area of the recent sightings but by this time he has developed the cunning of any feral animal.
- 2014-03-06 18:59 zeta
- 2014-03-06 18:19 zeta
- 2014-03-06 16:06 angi
- agree with the other posts below. I have been following Oscar since day one over 3 years ago and not for one single second has Michelle and Jon and the loyal group of local searchers wavered in the search for their boy. They truly deserve to have him home where he belongs and I'm sure it is now just a matter of time and patience.xxx
- 2014-03-06 12:24 Abe babe
- Oscar's page is my daily dose of inspiration and hope for all those still out there. x
'Team Oscar', I think you need to write a book when he's home (I know a lovely publisher who specialises in doggy books, they found DL a while back when they lost their beloved Lurcher, so I bet they'd be interested!).
- 2014-03-06 10:51 Esther
- There are so many of us following Oscar from many miles away. I am sure I am not alone in my total admiration for Oscars owners, who have never given up, and to all the people who are actually there helping. Also Oscar himself, what an intelligent personality. Lot and lots of us are wishing you all well
- 2014-03-06 09:19 ALI
- Have been following Oscars story for sometime and I have to say the hard work and dedication of all the dog lost volunteers are an inspiration to those of us in East Sussex who are involved in the long elusive search for Misty the sheltie........well said in all the posts below and good luck in re-uniting Oscar very soon x
- 2014-03-06 08:22 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Ah Spindle- we must have been posting at the same time! Spindle is the one who as i said below spent over a year tracking Moses who went missing shortly before Oscar. http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog-blog.php?dogId=27396
- 2014-03-06 08:18 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Zeta,There are many dogs living wild in the uk, It does not take very long for a dog to revert to its natural ways- we humanize them too much and do not give them credibility for their very capable and natural instinct to survive- believing them to prefer a nice warm sofa and human company.
One of our friends and former co ordinators spent a year tracking and eventually capturing the elusive Moses. I will find you the link to read.
Due to the nature of the moors it has taken us this long to establish Oscars whereabouts as initially he kept moving. you really need to see it to believe it.It is so easy on the moor to be lost as a person- so easy when you have your nose to find your way and evade people as a dog.
I called Michelle when Oscar went missing to get her to put him on doglost-I have been every step of the way with Michelle(sometimes in person and always in spirit) since Oscar went missing and we have built up a strong network of friends and helpers - she is my best friend and one in a million - and this talk of it not being real and all of the negativity is very upsetting.
I have seen many of Michelles highs and lows, so many moments of excitement and exasperation,desperation and despair - some real tough times, there isnt a day goes by when she does not think about Oscar, We have tracked him all over Bodmin moor and the surrounding area- so many sightings in so many places- but he kept moving.Now we have a positive id of him from our friend Pauline- she was 18inches away before he got scared and ran off.
Our positivity and determination to get him home and safe for Michelle has made us all very close and we are gaining more friends and helpers all of the time. We Will get him home if it is humanly possible. He is very real- and so are the emotions that we all feel- Michelle and Jon most of all.Please join Oscars facebook group https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=201568339878730&fref=ts and read through- you will get a much better idea of whats going on out there.
Michelle,Jon, Pauline, Jan and all of the other local helpers there now- i wish you all love and luck - and i really wish i was there to help at the moment XXX
- 2014-03-06 08:09 Spindle
- Great post Michelle and Jon. Being so positive will get your boy home. Zeta, I cant imagine you have ever lost a dog and dealt with the sort of thing these owners have. Dogs switch from domestic to feral very quickly they have to when lost to survive. I was involved in tracking and eventually catching a dog living feral for 13 months he was seen every day for months. Like suggested maybe spend some time reading up on dogs psychology.
- 2014-03-06 08:03 Owl
- Well answered, everyone. Zeta has now made similar sarcastic comments on another dog's page, so we can assume that all logical explanation has gone in one ear and out the other. If there are any more such comments, don't bother to reply, just click on the Report button.
- 2014-03-06 07:46 duffs54
- Me too, tears every time I come on here looking at the latest updates, recently we have had dogs reunited that have been lost for 5yrs, lets hope Oscar is happy with 3yrs and gets home soon xxx
- 2014-03-06 06:58 SpringerMad
- Well said Michelleand Jon.
Best of luck today from all helpers in East Sussex xx
- 2014-03-06 01:18 Michelleand Jon
- I got a call at 10.45pm 05/03/14 with a message that got put on facebook.
There's a dog wondering delabole area just down from petrol garage, either black & white or brown and white ! Eating out of rubbish bags, we slowed down it was scared and looked like it was gunna run !!
3 of of went out but didn't see anything beside disturbed bin bags, It was very close to Medrose Street where a number of sightings have been before.
ZETA - Yes it is real, Oscar is my boy. Living on Bodmin moor you could not see another person for days nevermind seeing the same dog/pony/sheep so he could have quite easily have got about without anyone seeing him. It has only been the last few months that we have had definate sightings of him in Delabole. And yes he still has his beauty spots as my friend came within 18 inches of him but he was scared off and ran. She confirmed it was him beauty spots and all. Besides scavaging in bins, Oscar could survive easily as he can hunt rabbits (many a time he would bring one into the house) He would be scared of people now, just think on how many times he has been shoo'd out of someones garden, or chased off from rumaging in bins etc. At the end of the day dogs are wild animals it is just us that have domesticated them. As for the RSPCA come on really!! have you tried contacting them regarding a stray dog. And the dog warden's will only pick up dogs that have been caught. I'm glad to say that our dog warden knows of Oscar quiet well just in case he is ever found. I get alot of negativity from people, the usual comment being "It won't be him after this long, someone will have taken him in" BUT I'm a positive person and when I do get Oscar home, I'll be laughing at their negativity. I'd advise before you get shot down from other peoples comments, do a little research on feral dogs/cats etc.
- 2014-03-06 00:07 Mollychops, Co-ordinator Glos and Hereford
- Esther YOU BET
- 2014-03-05 23:59 Esther
- When Oscar gets home there will be a cheer from one end of the country to the other
- 2014-03-05 23:30 Mollychops, Co-ordinator Glos and Hereford
- Zeta , positivity is a great thing
- 2014-03-05 21:52 Springer sharon
- I'm keeping the faith and believing this is Oscar and so hoping he will be home soon....... What a party there will be then!
- 2014-03-05 21:39 kl
- There are many people hoping this dog gets home - dogs do roam around for long periods, they survive out in the wilderness, they learn to cope, they become increasingly aware of people, they may even bite, not all dogs love humans, they struggle to cope at times too, they are lost, bewildered and hungry - I hope all lost dogs find their owners, i hope there are lots of tears but mainly, i just hope! If you cant post anything other than negative or sarcastic comments on here Zeta maybe you are on the wrong website! C'mon Oscar - get yourself home where you belong and stop your wild antics!!! - keep looking people, you doing an amazing job
- 2014-03-05 18:48 zeta
- 2014-03-05 18:39 duffs54
- Spindle I agree he's amazing isn't he, come on Oscar get your self home xxx
- 2014-03-05 18:38 zeta
- 2014-03-05 18:30 Spindle
- 68,841 views, my goodness if ever a dog was wanted to be back with brilliant owners its this boy. The day he gets home it will be crazy, so so many tears by all.
- 2014-03-05 16:08 SpringerMad
- Erm yes it is real. There are many dogs who roam for many years in the UK. Why would it not be real??Last edited: 2014-03-05 16:09:39 by SpringerMad
- 2014-03-05 15:16 zeta
- 2014-03-05 14:38 Shelagh Savage
- This is just great news. Wish could be there to help, but am in east London.sending you all and Oscar all positive energy so he can go that little bit further and get back home. Come on Oscar!
- 2014-03-05 14:01 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Just seen on Facebook there's been another possible sighting so I'm bumping Oscar
- 2014-03-04 23:44 Luby
- Am watching Oscar from afar! Any more news or sightings of him? Poor baby, come on Oscar there are lots of people willing and wishing you home! X
- 2014-03-01 09:54 duffs54
- such good news lets hope he will be into the blue soon xx
- 2014-02-28 21:16 lunasmum
- Pleeeaaase Oscar xx
- 2014-02-27 20:47 Reynard
- Oh! come on Oscar x
- 2014-02-27 19:51 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Pauline's getting so close. Hoping his paw heals fast and you can get even closer next time. Such good news that's he's still being spotted. Is the food been taken? Nothing on the camera I'm guessing?
- 2014-02-27 18:19 Michelleand Jon
- When Pauline came within 18 inches of catching him she said that he didn't have a collar on. His 3 beauty spots in a row are there and haven't changed. Even though she never saw him in the flesh before she has studied photo's and said if it's not him its his double
- 2014-02-27 18:13 Esther
- Come on Oscar, we all so want you home !
- 2014-02-27 17:00 Max
- Sounds very positive news. Hope he is soon back home, that would really make a lot of people very happy :)
- 2014-02-27 13:22 lunasmum
- Is the sighted dog definitely Oscar?
- 2014-02-27 13:13 Owl
- They are doing their best to do so, and he almost came to Pauline a little while ago but got spooked at the last minute. Everyone in Delabole knows about him and is looking out for him.
- 2014-02-27 11:02 Ellie
- What brilliant news, although sorry to hear about his limping. Would this be the time to try and catch him? Has it been tried before? Sorry if I've missed out, but have been watching and hoping for his safe return from afar!
- 2014-02-27 10:01 Owl
- Sighted 4 times yesterday, both on Medrose Street then later by Pauline who saw him behind the quarry fence not far from Medrose. He is limping, appears to have hurt his paw.
- 2014-02-25 19:58 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- I've been away, but so pleased he is still being seen around the same area. I'm hoping the weather settles down now and he can get out and about more.
- 2014-02-23 22:48 Emma Coole
- I check everyday before I get up, and before I go to sleep, hoping to see Oscar's details as reunited! Thinking of you all, keeping everything crossed, from up the road in Bere Alston, Devon x
- 2014-02-20 13:33 Paula Griffin's Mum
- watching, hoping & praying from afar, willing you home Oscar x
- 2014-02-17 17:02 Michelleand Jon
- Another sighting on Medrose Street (Delabole) Yesterday, he was mooching about. 1st time on a weekend he's been spotted. Pauline was straight out but he gone by the time she got there. We went out searching and sat and watched the street but he was nowhere to be seen. Only just been able to update as still no landline or internet at home.
- 2014-02-15 12:15 bazil
- Come on Oscar... can't wait for your 'Reunited Party' Brilliant work being done by everyone helping to get Oscar home safe. Hoping and praying Michelle and Jon have their lovely boy back home with them very soon xxx
- 2014-02-13 10:37 Esther
- And me Max
- 2014-02-12 19:41 Max
- Still hoping.......come on Oscar.
- 2014-02-12 19:14 duffs54
- what good news, he is getting closer and closer to being home xx
- 2014-02-12 13:04 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I'm afraid I would have probably lost it with the car driver!! How frustrating - still, better luck next time I hope xx
- 2014-02-12 10:49 Fergal's Servant
- Always hoping for Oscar. One day soon I hope X
- 2014-02-12 10:26 Jayne - Head Office
- Everything crossed here.....
- 2014-02-12 10:22 Michelleand Jon
- Thanks Jane for updating everyone, the landline and internet is still down at home due to the storms.
Been out looking last night and this morning before work but no joy. Pauline is out now.
I think it is a case of been in the right place at the right time.
- 2014-02-12 08:23 Abe babe
- When I go out looking (not this time, I'm too far away) I keep a pouch of cat food in my pocket.. :o)...mind you, honking cars don't help!
Well done Pauline...next time.Last edited: 2014-02-12 08:24:22 by Abe babe
- 2014-02-12 06:29 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Oscar is being seen really regularly now - our friend Pauline has seen him several times and did yesterday get within 18 inches of him before he got scared and ran off - bless her she was sat in the road coaxing him and he was coming until scared off i believe by a car honking its horn. Really wishing i could be there at the moment - feeling rather lost not being able to do anything from here.
- 2014-02-11 21:08 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Thanks MillieVW - been away from my computer for a while and only just seen NickyJ's request x
- 2014-02-11 19:15 MillieVW
- Oscars Facebook group:http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/201568339878730/
- 2014-02-11 19:12 MillieVW
- Still got Oscar on my follow list and still willing him to turn himself in, come on Oscar, much nicer at home!!
- 2014-02-11 18:40 NickyJ
- Barney and Ozzie's mum, could you possibly give Oscar's Facebook page link? Thanks!
Come on, please Oscar, there's a loving home waiting for you. X
- 2014-02-11 18:32 animal lover
- I have been watching the site for any news of Oscar. I am sure he isn't too far from getting home now. Everything crossed here. x
- 2014-02-11 18:06 lesleyjane
- Heart beating extra fast reading these updates!!
- 2014-02-11 17:21 Kookie
- I have so much crossed for you both Micelle and Jon that it is almost impossible to move xx constantly in my thoughts xx
- 2014-02-11 16:57 Jayne - Head Office
- OMG 3 years out there now...they do know how to survive...tx helper for being there....
- 2014-02-11 16:48 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Read on his facebook page that he was seen this morning - came within 12-18 inches of a helper before he turned and ran! So exciting!! Definitely him as well as she recognised the 'beauty spots' on his face x
- 2014-02-09 20:00 Seeks
- Bless him..... He is a clever lad but he so needs to be home and his Mum and Dad need him home too...
Michelle going to make full use of the moon bin night if that's ok with you? x
- 2014-02-09 11:16 maviee
- im excited every time I log on as I feel were so close to receiving the news Oscar will be caught!
- 2014-02-08 23:55 GSPs E&B
- Any news on this lovely boy???? We have everything crossed that he shows himself again soon... Come on sweet boy it's time to be home now xXx
- 2014-02-08 09:41 duffs54
- What an amazing boy to be out there for so long and still safe, come on Oscar your family are going all out to get you back fingers tightly crossed still xxx
- 2014-02-07 20:57 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- bumped for Oscars 3 year anniversary x
- 2014-02-07 09:24 jimjams
- Hi Michelle,
Following our conversation yesterday, I spoke to Mum this morning, she walked her dogs near to the old railway line yesterday afternoon and she saw a fairly fresh sheep carcass. It had been eaten by something but without going into details it hadn't been there long.
Good Luck! :)
- 2014-02-04 20:27 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- How frustrating for you Michelle. We need this weather to calm down so he will be out and about more.
- 2014-02-04 18:34 Claire Weston Turville
- In view of the awful weather coming through again tonight (if not already in your area) it may be that Oscar will stay "holed"up somewhere. Do please take care xx
- 2014-02-04 14:39 Michelleand Jon
- Went out searching for him yesterday but no joy. Set up camera and feeding station. Went out before dawn this morning to sit a watch for him but only thing I saw was a fox. Nothing on the camera. Did ask plenty of early morning dog walkers to keep a look out for him. Back out again after work.
- 2014-02-04 11:38 LoopyLurcher
- Praying he'll be home safe today x
- 2014-02-04 09:24 Claire Weston Turville
- Everything crossed here too. Good luck xx
- 2014-02-04 08:19 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Here's hoping that today is the day!! Woke up to a beautiful pink sky here in Bucks - hopefully a good omen xx
- 2014-02-04 07:35 kellyamina
- any news?
- 2014-02-03 23:06 silver
- Heart beating fast - just waiting for the best news - come on Oscar!!
- 2014-02-03 23:03 ALI
- thinking of you and hoping to hear good news very soon - am sure all the east sussex helpers are watching with baited breath x
- 2014-02-03 22:58 Esther
- Thinking of you so much tonight. Everything crossed
- 2014-02-03 22:35 Spindle
- Wont sleep tonight for praying Oscar is home soon. Great idea Selina on feeding station. Everything crossed for this boy and his family.
- 2014-02-03 22:29 Lisa Culliford
- Come on Oscar - we are willing this happy ending and to give hope to all those other lost dogs out there at this time.
- 2014-02-03 22:08 kellyamina
- Fingers crossed!
- 2014-02-03 21:22 Springer sharon
- Saying a prayer for you all and hoping so, so much......
- 2014-02-03 21:21 selina
- Thinking of you Michelle, feeding station at the chippy and at the place he was last seen today would be good suggestion.. Your boy is on his way xx
- 2014-02-03 20:33 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- This is sooooo exciting!! I bet there's quite a few others out there also sitting on the edge of their seats right now! Come on Oscar, time to come home xxxx
- 2014-02-03 19:54 Reynard
- oh!my please Oscar lets have you reunited! xxx
- 2014-02-03 19:47 lesleyjane
- 2014-02-03 19:45 bazil
- Fantastic... fingers crossed, this is just brilliant. Please please remember like Tiga has said patience and time is needed. Good luck xxx
- 2014-02-03 19:24 Max
- Good luck, everything crossed for Oscars return home.
- 2014-02-03 18:53 Jenny & Tiga
- Oscar has been seen again by someone who has been helping owner for a long time - she says it was Oscar!!! I am so excited especially as all these sightings have been on 'tiga's route' owner has rushed there from work but her mobile has not got much charge. Please if anyone sees her do not chase or try to catch - it has to be a patient game, he has been in Delabole for so long now - he must not be moved on. Come on Oscar - you are so close to your family.
- 2014-02-03 18:36 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Bumped due to sighting. Great response from Delabole community. Come on Oscar
- 2014-02-03 17:41 duffs54
- Hope it's him and he stays where he is xxx
- 2014-02-03 15:54 Jenny & Tiga
- Oscar has just been spotted about 20 minutes ago - in Medrose Street. Everything crossed - this is the quickest we have had a response of a sighting. Owner on way.
- 2014-01-30 08:16 duffs54
- Can the chippy be persuaded to help by set up a feeding station nearby fish and chips is a smell that carries, he might be visiting the area as people do tend to discard rubbish anywhere nowadays and he could be scavenging late at night for scraps. Hope he is caught soon xxx
- 2014-01-29 20:13 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Circulating on Facebook and Twitter
- 2014-01-29 19:01 Esther
- Fingers and paws crossed
- 2014-01-29 17:07 Seeks
- Bless him... He needs to just give him self up. Will try to get over this week end if thats any help? Really hope he will be back very soon now x
- 2014-01-29 16:27 Max
- Wishing you the very best of luck. Hope Oscar is back soon, he has been away too long.
- 2014-01-29 16:25 maviee
- great!! keeping the paws crossed for you!
- 2014-01-29 14:39 bazil
- Brilliant news that Oscar has been seen again in the same area... just wish the sighting had been reported on the day. At least you know he is still around, hoping more sightings come in again very soon.
- 2014-01-29 11:20 Alison, Admin & Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Bumped due to another new sighting.
- 2014-01-29 10:52 Michelleand Jon
- We have just found out there has been another sighting. Monday 11am by the church next to the chippy (Medrose Street) said looked like a skinny muddy farm dog and scared. They didn't call, even though they have seen the poster and thought it was him. Pauline has just been told of the sighting.
Will be out this evening from about 7ish to do bin watch
- 2014-01-20 19:49 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Very frustrating oscars not showing himself especially on the one dry day! I do hope he's ok after running in front of the car. Is this sighting in the same area?
- 2014-01-19 22:44 Michelleand Jon
- Been out cooking smelly food down at the quarry today to try to entice Oscar out but had not joy. Have read on a selling site on facebook that alady thinks she saw him run infron of her car at 1am on the main road by the fishings lakes.
- 2014-01-16 19:20 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Thank you to everyone who turned up to stakeout Oscar and support Michelle. It's been unfortunate with the weather as I'm sure he would have shown himself on a dry night.
Good idea to try to dare him out with the food. Heavily poster the area if it's not already. Good luck Michelle in the search. Let me know any other plans you might have
- 2014-01-16 17:12 Seeks
- Michelle I am sorry you didn't see him when you went back but I think the rain messed it up and he has more sense than to come out and get wet. I know now the places he comes up from so will get some posters and get over that way and on the way back sit out for a bit.
Will make the next one you do and will try and stay longer as that was such a clear night (before the rain) that yu could see into the carpark in the mirrors as well as up the street.
If you get some smelly food i can trog it around the quarry in the hopes he comes up to the bit you were in. Really hoped we would see something of him but the rain and maybe the cold didn't help. x
- 2014-01-16 16:03 Michelleand Jon
- Sorry guys no sightings of him last night or today up until 12.45pm even after the collections were made. (Had to leave then for work) Nothing on the camera and only a cat in the trap which I let out straight away. I would like to say a very special thank you to Jenny Tiga Brown, Pauline Godbold, Martin and Jan Brewer, Vanessa Lackford, Fergil's Servant and Fergil, Jan Everitt, Seeks & daughter. I am truly grateful for all your help. Also Thank you to my Jon for taking care of things at home and the people of Delabole for keeping their eyes open.
I think my next plan of attack will be cooking smelly foods all day and try to entice him out of hiding.
- 2014-01-15 21:31 lunasmum
- Good luck everyone. Xx
- 2014-01-15 19:00 Esther
- Come on Oscar we want you now !
- 2014-01-15 17:24 Owl
- The dog mentioned below is now in the Found section number 63118.
- 2014-01-15 16:04 Owl
- The search team has just seen a black dog with white throat and red collar running scared in Delabole. They nearly caught it but a car appeared at that moment and scared it off. Does anyone know if someone in the area is missing one?
- 2014-01-15 01:06 Seeks
- Michelle we will be there but might be a bit late as the car's a wreck, the driver is an emotional one as well lol. I think you go to Bodmin and turn left by the hospital? Lol Oscar I know West Cornwall better... not that I want you to go there.
Went on the way back from Launceston over the Moors last time but that's the long way round. We will find you and can do as long as you need x
- 2014-01-15 00:08 ALI
- will be watching with great interest from Sussex - would help out if we were nearer - good luck to you all xx
- 2014-01-14 23:41 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Hi Guys, anyone that is coming to help on the street watch tomorrow. The street we are wanting to watch is Medrose Street in Delabole and a couple of others that branch off. Medrose Street is the one that runs down the side of the chip shop. Michelle will be in the area most of the afternoon but will wait for any helpers in the bus shelter next to the chip shop from 5pm for 15 minutes or so. If anyone comes later they will be able to find her in a white Vauxhall Astra Van with Oscar's missing posters on the side. or call if you need to - mobile 07751 208298.
Please remember to wrap up warm, take a blanket and flask if possible.
- 2014-01-14 20:24 Max
- Sorry it is a little far away from me, but keeping everything crossed. Will say a little prayer to whoever listens xx
- 2014-01-14 18:00 Esther
- Everything crossed for you in Derbyshire as well
- 2014-01-14 16:43 Jayne - Head Office
- OMG....best wishes coming from me!
- 2014-01-14 15:20 Reynard
- Oh! good luck Michelle & Jon that this is your boy x
- 2014-01-14 12:06 SpringerMad
- Everything crossed here for you in East Sussex! x
- 2014-01-14 11:55 Ellie
- Come on Oscar time to go home!
- 2014-01-14 11:04 Claire Weston Turville
- Good Luck xx
- 2014-01-14 08:41 Spindle
- Come on Oscar, give mum a break.
- 2014-01-14 02:59 Carol
- Good luck xxxxx
- 2014-01-13 23:53 Michelleand Jon
- I'm hoping to get a watching happening from 5ish onwards. When people get home from work and start putting bin bags out for the next day. I'm hoping to get a few helpers to cover various streets. Medrose Street down the side of the chip shops and little roads branching off from it. My number is 07751 208298 if you need to contact me. Feeling so positive about all these sights. I WILL get my boy home :)
- 2014-01-13 22:48 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Circulating on facebook and twitter
- 2014-01-13 22:17 Seeks
- Michelle what time you doing it? Can come over later and take over till much later if that helps? x
- 2014-01-13 22:08 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- This sounds really positive. I have everything I possibly can crossed for you Michelle and Jon. It's time for Oscar to go home.
- 2014-01-13 22:04 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Oh wow!! Come on Oscar!! I can't believe I've been following your page for almost 3 years now. Everything crossed here for you in Bucks Michelleand Jon xx
- 2014-01-13 20:56 Reynard
- oh! good news ,,,,,x
SharedLast edited: 2014-01-13 20:57:29 by Reynard
- 2014-01-13 15:33 Michelleand Jon
- If anyone would like to help we was thinking of doing a street watch on Wednesday evening when the bin bags get put out for collection the following day. Basically sitting in your vehicle and watching armed with a phone and camera.
- 2014-01-13 15:24 Michelleand Jon
- Just had a further couple of messages. Sighting on same day behind the chip shop. Also one on Thursday in the woods at the quarry mentioning about Oscar's facial markings. His 3 beauty spots.Last edited: 2014-01-13 16:28:24 by Michelleand Jon
- 2014-01-13 12:11 Michelleand Jon
- Oscar has been spotted on Medrose Street in Delabole again on Saturday. We think a street watch evening before bin collection on Thursday is needed. Would anyone be willing to come along and help?
- 2014-01-07 20:46 Michelleand Jon
- Found out he was spotted just before Christmas at 4am near the quarry on Medrose Street.
- 2013-12-24 10:16 maviee
- it seems like everyone just keeps missing him!
- 2013-12-22 21:38 Jayne - Head Office
- tx ESSJ! Been a bit busy today...
- 2013-12-22 19:17 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Bumping due the the sighting and will inform Alfies "dad" who lives very close by.
- 2013-12-22 19:15 Michelleand Jon
- We have had another sighting. Jon and I have just come back from leafletting. I spoke with a man who said a brown and white springer cross was in his garden 2 days ago, then went off to double check with his mum. It was on Trelligga Downs Road which is the road that leads down the the Poldark Inn. Where the sighting on Tuesday was on Trebarwith Road which links up to the road that the Poldark Inn is on.
The springer in a that was in the ditch belonged to the house on the crossroads. I amanaged to get hold of the man who was trying to get him.
- 2013-12-22 19:14 Michelleand Jon
- Thanks Fergal but I checked the one out that got taken to Holts vets and it wasn't Oscar. Oscar isn't chipped :(
Seeks that is fantastic thank you so much.
- 2013-12-21 21:10 Fergal's Servant
- Michelle, I have been going through some older stories here. This was posted on 20th December 2012 (a year ago) on Paddington's page (at around the time one was found in Bodmin according to Oscars page - do you remember it? or did you check it out at the time? was it the same dog?)
"I don't know if this is nearby or not (I'm from Buckinghamshire..) but there was a found liverwhite male springer taken to Holts Vets in Camelford, Cornwall. It says not microchipped but it's possible it's one of the microchip batches that is faulty? Vets No 01840 212229."Last edited: 2013-12-21 23:20:40 by Fergal's Servant
- 2013-12-21 02:50 Seeks
- Sorry Michelle we didn't see a thing, not even a fox (excluding of course the state of the sheep and ponies)
Went out through Blisland and over that way but ..... I think he is holed up somewhere he can stay dry.
It might be someone has taken him in... The lady who had Copper was not making it too well known. She was lovely but hadn't reported him at all....(It was pure chance that Jaqui saw that add) Thought he had been dumped from Plymouth so there is a chance he is with someone like that?
Promise I will do another late one and try to do it when the wind and rain have gone somewhere else.
You hang in there and I wish I was nearer so could sit out easier but I so hope you have him home soon x
- 2013-12-20 08:55 Seeks
- Max I so echo you it would be so good to get him home by Christmas.
Michelle tell me where to park in his area of sightings. We will do at least till midnight on the way back from postering for Pup and at the mo there is a good moon. Just give me his most likely places and I will take a bin bag with food he might like and see if he comes about.
Have got your numbers in the phone in case we do see him x
- 2013-12-19 20:52 Max
- It would be lovely to see Oscar back home for christmas. keeping everything crossed.
- 2013-12-19 20:23 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Michelle had another call from a gent saying that he saw someone in a van trying to catch a spaniel which had gone into a ditch on the Camelford/Boscastle road earlier today. He said definitely a spaniel dog but couldn't see legs as they were in the ditch.- We are aware of who the driver of the van is and that he is aware of Oscar being missing - and are currently trying to track him down and get more details from him.
- 2013-12-19 16:11 maviee
- ah totally right I met Millie's owner and it was the off chance she was in the area and agreed to help! but you're right she's incredible with searches I would defiantly recommend her
- 2013-12-18 23:45 Fergal's Servant
- Oh that's fantastic Michelland Jon. Jenny and Tiga are just amazing, really. I didn't know she would be in this area again, she helped with so many here including Millie the poodle, and then went on to Gloucester for more! Such good news X
- 2013-12-18 22:49 Michelleand Jon
- Thanks Fergal thats fantastic. I have been all around that area too when I finished work but as you said the weather was rubbish so not surprised to see anything at all. I have delivered poster appeal letters to the houses around Trebarwith Road area.
I have spoke with Jenny who has Tiga the tracking dog. Weather dependant they will be down this weekend.
- 2013-12-18 17:50 Jayne - Head Office
- Tx Fergal!
- 2013-12-18 17:43 Fergal's Servant
- The security man on the gate was lovely and took one to copy the rest so I could distribute the few I had left. I hijacked a postman and his van, he took 2 and said he'd keep one in van and put one up in Camelford for you. Also put one in the
Collans Cross Kennels office (no one there at the time). Then mooched up and down Trebarwith Road and into Trebarwith Strand, delabole and surrounding lanes and on to Crowdy. Awful weather so wasn't surprised to see absolutely nothing other than a lot of ponies at Davidstow Airfield and Crowdy looking pretty wet and miserable too.
Afterthought: Davidstow Garage on A39 looked like a busy workshop type place and a good place to put a poster but I had none left. Perhaps someone could pop up there with one? Last edited: 2013-12-18 17:53:12 by Fergal's Servant
- 2013-12-18 11:06 Fergal's Servant
- I am heading up to Davidstow Creamery with some posters. They were very helpful and asked for 12, but my printer is playing up now and has only managed 5. Have to be there before 12am to catch the drivers so if anyone in area can do some more would be great. Thanks Tiga for the idea X
- 2013-12-18 00:37 bazil
- Brilliant....Come on Oscar, keep being sighted your family want you home for Christmas xx
- 2013-12-17 23:16 Seeks
- Michelle and Jon I can't help in daylight as there are so few light hours just now but if you want an evening one done am out postering for our Pup on Friday (going to do some for Jack retriever in PL14 so if you want can do a few round where he seems to be if it help?) and am more than willing to come that way back and sit for a few hours near the bins or anywhere else he has been seen. Just let me know and will also re-share him on the pups page......
and Oscar you would look so much better in blue lad its time you were home!
- 2013-12-17 22:39 Michelleand Jon
- We have had another sighting this evening at 6pm on Trebarwith Road, Delabole. Went out searching but no joy. A volunteer has been out leaflet dropping which is making local residents to Delabole aware we are searching for him
- 2013-12-10 15:29 Michelleand Jon
- Thanks Di, I couldn't get onto it for some reason my computer wouldn't let me.
We haven't managed to trap the dog yet, got a couple of cats and a fox but no Oscar.
I shall be doing a Stake out tomorrow (Wednesday)on Pengelly (the road he was seen) watching over bin bags. If anyone is in the area that would like to help I'll be with the in the white jacket with coloured spots on. I'm going to be there from about 10am.
- 2013-12-10 08:19 Di
- I've registered on the site mentioned below & sent the finder of the dog a message to look at Oscar's photos (just in case)
Updated to say dog found was not Oscar Last edited: 2013-12-10 12:07:37 by Di
- 2013-12-09 22:14 Seeks
- Be so good if it was your Oscar and sop hope he will soon be home
- 2013-12-08 09:06 Di
- There's a dog on here (found PL30 yesterday) Probably not Oscar, but adding anyway because of location.
" Male brown/tan medium-haired border collie dog found in blisland (PL30) on 7th December 2013
Approx Age: Medium Age
Main Colour: Brown/Tan
Other Colours: White (Face)
Other Information: Dog is wearing a collar. Is microchipped, green tag, unable to read it. Also has silver disc with most of writing scored off. It does say "go home" at bottom "
I'm afraid I don't have access to get contact details, but owner may be able to tell from the description of the tag xLast edited: 2013-12-08 09:13:37 by Di
- 2013-12-07 16:27 Jenny & Tiga
- Is this latest sighting near the Davidstow Cheese factory? If so if you let the security guy know on the desk he will print out and let every driver have a poster as they go out he has been so helpful in the past and their drivers have been so good at spotting lost dogs in the area as they sit up high in their cabs and can see across the fields.
- 2013-12-07 13:01 Caz
- Really a long shot but!!! http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog-blog.php?dogId=61041#
- 2013-12-07 12:03 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Another possible sighting down Pengelly yesterday. a lady was driving up pengelly delabole yesterday morning and saw a brown and white spaniel going through bin bags at the side of the road. Didn't get a close look so not sure if it was him or not but it's possible.
- 2013-12-06 19:15 Spindle
- To get Oscar home is better than ANY Christmas present.
- 2013-12-06 16:35 Kookie
- Praying this is Oscar Michelle xx
- 2013-12-06 13:38 Paula Griffin's Mum
- Yes, please please let this be Oscar...
- 2013-12-06 09:21 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Alfie- the other springer missing nearby has taken himself home early this morning. good luck for today Pauline & Michelle. i wish i was still there to help x
- 2013-12-06 08:30 Spindle
- Please let this be Oscar.
- 2013-12-06 00:01 Angus Admin & Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- Alerts done to PL32 & PL33
- 2013-12-05 23:38 Esther
- Good luck
- 2013-12-05 23:19 Michelleand Jon
- My friend Pauline is getting a group together meeting at the Spar Delabole at 9.30am to go out searching. I'll be doing the evening search. A trap has been set so hopefully he'll smell the food and go in.
- 2013-12-05 23:03 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Please could we have email alerts sent to PL33,and PL32 x
- 2013-12-05 21:29 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- possible sighting by a couple of people of a dog very similar to oscar going through the bins at pengelly- delabole at about 11.30 this morning. bumping. Any sightings please call michelle straight away on the numbers above rather than try and catch. if you can- take a photo. Today another springer went missing from Delabole- Alf- mostly white with a liver head. chased 2 other dogs up the road and hasn't been seen since- please also keep a look out for him- This sighted dog was def NOT Alf - mostly liver in colour.
- 2013-12-01 22:11 Seeks
- Sorry I couldn't come over Saturday but was leafleting for the pup. I so hope he is soon home and will try and get to the next search. Hang in there though and everything crossed
- 2013-12-01 20:04 Michelleand Jon
- Thanks Scuffpot the dog found at Otterham is not Oscar ddoe look similar but has some different markings.
- 2013-12-01 19:14 Max
- I really hope you have some good luck and Oscar will soon be home with you.
- 2013-12-01 17:46 Scruffpot
- Photo of dog found at Otterham station yesterday morning posted on FB. Not sure if link will work. let me know if not. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1489831424574745&set=a.1388831001341455.1073741827.100006437053822&type=1&theater
- 2013-11-30 21:49 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Another possible sighting, last night near the quarry at Delabole - this isnt far cross country from the last sighting and there are walking paths for most of the way too. Looks a lot like he is following the pattern of refuse collections as Delabole has - like Camelford- just had their bins emptied. Bags... not wheelie bins in this area. Michelle, Pauline and I have been out for much of today looking in , around and between these villages and surrounding countryside. Bumping again for the new sighting.
- 2013-11-29 12:01 Michelleand Jon
- Apparently the bin collection was the day after he was seen, so wondering if he went to a built up area scavenging. Were trying to find out when the collection days are for the surrounding areas.
Been out searching and postering with ESSJ. Also asked the young man at the garage if he could get someone to look at their CCTV. Will be doing a search on Saturday morning meeting up on the corner near the garage Bodmin turnoff at about 10.30
- 2013-11-28 20:16 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Circulating on Facebook and twitter. Good luck Michelle and Jon
- 2013-11-27 23:54 Seeks
- If you ever need a hand to search please let me know as I am with in half an hour and well I got a springer collie and though its been so long he will be there and maybe your right and someone has taken him in. Do you think letter boxing that area would help? Someone might not know that 'their' dog is your baby.
If you need help just say and I so hope you will soon have him back
I just realised I remember Oscar... I met him at Par Moor. I am the idiot with the mental white and black springer cross collie who eats car seats etc. I am so sorry he is still missing and I will do anything I can to help you get him back. Last edited: 2013-11-28 19:05:31 by Seeks
- 2013-11-27 22:04 Michelleand Jon
- Have just had another message.He was wondering round the doctors carpark but he looked just like him. He looked a bit muddy but other than that he looked ok
- 2013-11-27 20:33 Michelleand Jon
- Also scented next to the allotments which is just behind the garage.
- 2013-11-27 20:32 Michelleand Jon
- Went up there but no sighting of him. Asked in the garage and the young girl behind the counter saw him heading towards town, questione her about his appearence. The dog was brown and looked in a fit state. Also saw a police man while in garage but he's not seen him or had any reports of a loose dog but he has taken a poster to put up at the station. I went into town but nothing Also headed behind the garage towards Camel River (Advent church) and put posters up around the area. Had a message on facebook that a dog had been seen like him at Truckle Valley which is just before tha garage on the same road heading towards Camelford.
- 2013-11-27 19:49 Esther
- Fingers and paws crossed here as well
- 2013-11-27 19:12 Nigel and Cathy
- Fingers and paws crossed here xx
- 2013-11-27 18:58 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Everything crossed for you! So hope this is him xxxxx
- 2013-11-27 18:11 Springer sharon
- Saying prayers for you and keeping everything crossed xx
- 2013-11-27 17:44 SpringerMad
- oh everything crossed here, please let it be Oscar!
- 2013-11-27 17:19 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Sighting of Oscar less than an hour ago at camelford petrol station. Bumping x
- 2013-11-27 10:34 Michelleand Jon
- Been and put posters up just outside of Mount on the moors crossroads heading to Cardinham and Millpool. A dog was hanging around the area and followed someone home. They fed and bathed it but it bolted out the door. They said it looked like Oscar but think he was a bit more collie like. This dog had a collar with the name of Nobby on it. I'm wondering if it is him and someone picked him up and changed collar or is it a different dog altogether.
Still got my eyes peeled for you sweetie and will never give up.
- 2013-08-05 22:58 Beanie245
- Stay strong..like your boy. Wishing, hoping and praying for his safe return..XXX
- 2013-08-05 22:52 Michelleand Jon
- I have been leaving food down with a motion camera for nearly a month now and still nothing on the camera showing him. He seems to be moving from place to place all the time. ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire plotted all the sightings we have had on a map while we were out searching for him and he seems to be moving in a 5 mile radius of Blisland (where we live now). We keep postering but it always seems to be months between sightings, it doesn't help when its miles and miles of moorland, a needle in a haystack springs to mind. I just pray to god that we can get him home soon, 2 years 6 months he's been gone and there hasn't been a day go by that I haven't looked, advertised, crossposted.
- 2013-08-05 22:38 Owl
- janiejewel1649, Oscar was not stolen but is a long term wanderer living rough as far as we know, with a few sightings.
- 2013-08-05 20:50 Nik, DogLost PR Advisor
- Yes, hopefully the Dogs Today column will bring some news.
- 2013-08-05 17:53 janiejewel1649
- Presume Oscar stolen then? Hope he is still being made "TOO HOT TO HANDLE" Will check all sites too. Come on Oscar, your rightful owners want you back home. All xd.
- 2013-08-05 16:22 Max
- I really want Oscar to be back home with his folks. It makes me so sad he is not back. Stay safe until then sweet boy. I am still looking on the sites for you & at every spaniel I see in Cornwall.
- 2013-08-05 14:52 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Bumping Oscar's page as he is featured in the DogLost column of the September edition of Dogs Today magazine, out now. I do hope this brings some news
- 2013-08-01 21:07 Michelleand Jon
- Found a jack russell bitch this evening on the way to the camera. I found her owner, well the owners dad. Why is it I can find other peoples dogs but not even had a peek of my boy. Still nothing on the camera :(
- 2013-07-16 11:34 Michelleand Jon
- Still nothing on the camera but not giving up hop yet.
- 2013-07-11 14:25 Michelleand Jon
- Nothing on the camera yesterday beside a deer. Will be checking again later. Also got some nice smelly sardines to put down as bait. Come on lad please show yourself.
- 2013-07-10 16:30 Michelleand Jon
- Set a bait station and a camera up last night. Going to check it on my way back from work. Waiting for a friend to bring our trap back then its all systems go.
- 2013-07-09 21:01 janiejewel1649
- Me too Fingers xd.
- 2013-07-09 01:29 Carol
- Hope it's Oscar and that you catch him in trap xxx
- 2013-07-08 20:50 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I was only thinking of Oscar last night! I was watching a video of our holiday in Cornwall 2 years ago. We were walking the Camel Trail near Shell woods and Respryn woods with our dogs and I thought to myself "what if Oscar was watching us all the time?" Maybe my Ozzie, who is now at Rainbow Bridge, has decided to make some magic and get Oscar to come home to you at long last? I really hope so - you so deserve it xx
- 2013-07-08 19:42 Timmy's Mummy
- Poor you, this is such a sad story. I hope that Oscar comes home soon. xx
- 2013-07-08 16:25 Max
- Every time I see a spaniel, I check it's markings in the hope it could be Oscar.
I hope you get something positive very soon.
- 2013-07-08 13:46 Jo
- Really hope he is back with you very soon....like you, I would never give x
- 2013-07-08 12:18 Ellie
- Oh I do so hope it's your Oscar. Fingers crossed for you !
- 2013-07-08 09:59 Owl
- Bumped for sighting.
- 2013-07-08 09:41 Michelleand Jon
- Possible sighting between Warleggan and Mount in a lady's garden last night. (sighted in this area when he first went missing) Been given permission to set a trap up.
- 2013-06-28 15:38 Michelleand Jon
- It's not Oscar. Also chased up another today but this dog had been reunited. Went out BBQ'ing with ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire last week in the woods but no sign of him. I'll never give up on finding him.
- 2013-06-05 19:14 Michelleand Jon
- Rang but got voicemail, just waiting to hear back from her.
- 2013-06-05 00:14 digbysmum
- Found dog 53111. Long shot, but could be Oscar? xx
- 2013-04-21 17:51 janiejewel1649
- Sorry to see that Oscar has been missing for so long. all xd.
- 2013-04-18 10:56 Reynard
- Sorry no positive news on Oscar whereabouts , but thinking of him and you Michelle & Jon xxx
- 2013-04-15 21:46 Michelleand Jon
- Keep walking the area near the camel trail but still not seen him. :(
- 2013-03-10 22:27 Michelleand Jon
- Been out walking miles of camel trail and woodland with Emmie but nothing at all. God please let me cross Oscar's path one day soon.
- 2013-03-07 22:28 bazil
- Great, this sounds positive, hope he is seen again very soon, come on Oscar, you are nearly 3yrs old, got to be home for your birthday xx
- 2013-03-07 20:48 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Bumping due to sighting- ooops sorry about his bithday- was looking at that calendar and didnt realise i was a month ahead lol xxx time to share you again Oscar lad, please share and ask everyone you know to share him especially if you are near Bodmin or the areas close to the camel trail. X
- 2013-03-07 20:25 Michelleand Jon
- I was stopped in Asda carpark this evening by a young girl and her dad who saw the missing dog poster on my car. The girl was out riding the Camel trail a couple of weeks ago and a dog looking like Oscar was following her. At Shell woods heading towards Tresaarett. He was all mattered up on his chest and she asked people she came across to be told he looked like a farm dog. I gave her a card with the number our telephone numbers on. So it looks like he maybe back in the Shell wood area.
- 2013-03-03 20:49 Michelleand Jon
- Jane Oscar isn't 3 until 18th of March. Got some more fliers out today with the north cornwall dog walking group. Also gave out about 500 fliers at Pencarrow on Snopdrop Sunday with the guys from K9 crusaders. They were absolutely fantastic and a lovely bunch of dog loving people. Thank you for letting me come along to help and hand out missing fliers.
- 2013-02-20 20:26 elfie 2575
- DOGTHEFT ACTION DOING SOME LEAFLETS VIDEOS HIGHLIGHT STOLEN DOGS
Still room for some stolen dogs on the video which we hoping to play at crufts if you would like your pets including please send full details to firstname.lastname@example.org asap..
- 2013-02-20 18:14 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Oscar's 3rd birthday was two days ago. Please remember while keeping a look out for him that he will be an adult dog by now and lost that puppy look. As always - thinking of you and Michelle & Jon. xxx
- 2013-02-12 00:25 bazil
- Always sneakily checking dogs that could be Oscar. Praying one day soon someone somewhere sees this gorgeous boy xx
- 2013-02-09 17:15 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- As I've said with Molly CM post code, would everyone print a little photo of Oscar and keep it on you. Everytime you see a spaniel, have a secret peek just to check. One really never knows when Oscar will crop up. Michelle & John, you and Oscar are always in my thoughts too. You have all become so special to us. xxx
- 2013-02-08 16:54 jobadger
- There isn't a day goes by without me wondering where you are sweetie. Stay safe until you're found. xx
- 2013-02-07 17:05 angi
- Oscar is always on our minds and we will continue to support michelle and jon until he is found xxxxx
- 2013-02-07 16:43 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- bumping up to keep Oscar in every ones minds. He is out there somewhere we are sure. Please keep sharing him and joinand share his group on facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/201568339878730/ come on Oscar lad, please go home now xxx
- 2013-02-07 16:14 Michelleand Jon
- 2 years today Oscar disappeared from our lives, it has never been the same with him. We look for him everyday and will do until he is back in our arms. We wish all the long term missing dogs could be reunited making families whole again. x
- 2013-01-24 12:15 Michelleand Jon
- No other news :(
Myself and friends keep looking in the area but nothing as yet. He seems to be having me on the run, not knowing if its definately him or not.
- 2013-01-17 17:28 Elise
- Im praying this is your oscar!
- 2013-01-16 09:43 Spindle
- Everything crossed this is your boy. Come on Oscar.
- 2013-01-15 22:24 bazil
- Hope this is Oscar for you Michelle and Jon. Fingers crossed, good luck xx
- 2013-01-15 22:07 Michelleand Jon
- Thanks Jane. I think he maybe sticking to the Camel trail route to get about cos all the sightings are very that far away. I'm going to try to get hold of farmer to ask for permission so set up a baiting station.
- 2013-01-15 22:01 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Possible sighting of a springer/dog similar to Oscar about a mile from Washaway nr Pendavey Farm. Not very far from some of the other sightings from last year. Bumping. Fingers Crossed Shell xxx
- 2012-12-20 17:11 Michelleand Jon
- The food had been taken but the camera didn't trigger. So left more food, nice smelly liver but that had not been taken this morning. Left some fresh food and checked the camera was working properly. Come on Oscar show yourself please I just want to see you with my own eyes or a picture of you so I know its definately you that people have seen.
- 2012-12-17 10:44 Michelleand Jon
- I left food down on Friday and went back the next day and it had gone. Walked round the area with Izzy (my springer bitch who is in season) but didn't entice him out. May have found a few spots where he could be bedding down. I checked on the food situation this morning but none has been taken since I first put it down. I have put a patch of cornflour down so I can check for footprints as even when Izzy cam with me, she left no footprints at all. My wildlife camera is all charged up and ready to go, but not quite sure which will be the best area to put it.
- 2012-12-15 00:57 bazil
- Praying the St Tudy sighting is Oscar. It would be absolutely wonderful if he was home this Xmas. Good luck x
- 2012-12-14 20:56 Owl
- The St Tudy sightings look very promising, have just been talking with Michelle.
- 2012-12-14 19:58 sue
- A post has just come up, that dog has now been claimed. Sorry to get hopes up. Hope Oscar is found soon.
- 2012-12-14 19:39 Jayne - Head Office
- ESSSJ...Thats great...sorry only reading the messages...recent ones...cannot read them all....with phone ringing all the time...if you need more alerts going out please email me ...tx
- 2012-12-14 19:33 sue
- Sorry it's on thefive dogbarkery not house there's a good photoLast edited: 2012-12-14 19:38:20 by sue
- 2012-12-14 19:31 sue
- Dog very similar found bodmin Cornwall. Tel Nicole on 07927905274 it was on my Facebook a crossposting from the dog house. Hope it's him.
- 2012-12-14 18:57 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Actually the dog sighted in ST Tudy today could very well be Oscar(bumping was due to the post at 12.57 noting a new sighting that had just taken place), The lady who sighted him said dog seen is VERY similar and will - along with her co workers - be keeping an eye out- especially now this dog has been seen more than once in close proximity- she will try to take a photo next time. New posters are up and all in the school are aware to keep an eye out for this dog. Hopefully this is the break we need that will bring us to him- Michelle has found somewhere close by where he could be hiding out and has left food there to see if it is taken. Everything crossed for you Michelle xxxLast edited: 2012-12-14 19:04:35 by ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- 2012-12-14 17:14 Jayne - Head Office
- Tx ESSJ for your ongoing devotion to your breed...sad its not Oscar...but a bump is well deserved
- 2012-12-14 17:02 angi
- oh please let this be Oscar!!!. Everything crossed xxxx
- 2012-12-14 13:37 DebsAndGreg
- Everything crossed this is Oscar
- 2012-12-14 13:02 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- The male spaniel found in Bodmin has been reunited with owner, Thank you Focusqueen for keeping Oscar in mind, every comment and possible sighting or found dog posted are so much appreciated x
- 2012-12-14 12:57 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- possible sighting of Oscar in St Tudy again about an hour ago, helpers on way there and person who sighted him is trying to get a photo, Seen in a field from what i can gather from Shell, Michelle will update a bit later, i have absolutely EVERYTHING crossed!!!Bumping
- 2012-12-12 16:22 Focusqueen
- On NWESSW Facebook page there is a male spaniel that has been found in Bodmin, realise it a long shot but could it be Oscar, the dog is being advertised on gum tree.
- 2012-12-10 15:16 bazil
- Hope the sighted dog is one of them and found safe very soon x
- 2012-12-09 18:28 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- bumping just in case it is Oscar, have also bumped Tilly x
- 2012-12-08 21:56 Michelleand Jon
- I have been up the A30 with a man that called about a springer crossing the A30 a few weeks ago, the dog looked in a very sorry state, soaking wet through and bedraggled. He could not tell me if it was Oscar or not because it happened so fast. As the sighting did not register straight away with the man we drove up to look for a familiar stretch of road and it could be one of 2 stretches of the A30. One stretch is Launceston and the other is about 1.5 to 2 mile east of Cheriton Bishop. So if you live in any of these area's would you please keep your eyes open. It might or might not be Oscar but it is dog that looks like he is lost and trying to find its way home. Rang and left a message on answerphone of Tilly's owner ID 45970 as she is missing from Cheriton Bishop and the sighting was on the same day 26th November.Last edited: 2012-12-08 21:57:24 by Michelleand Jon
- 2012-11-20 09:26 Michelleand Jon
- I have put a poster up inside the village hall this morning, managed to catch it open. The outside notice board is covered. I don't know St Tudy well so working a little blind. Didn't see anything of him this morning but will try again after work.
- 2012-11-20 02:58 wickedweims
- Zim there were posters in the hall but dont know if still there
- 2012-11-19 22:16 Zim3
- Is there a poster inside and outside the village hall?
- 2012-11-19 22:13 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- So hoping. x
- 2012-11-19 21:23 Reynard
- Oh! come on Oscar xxx
- 2012-11-19 20:26 Michelleand Jon
- The sighting was outside St Tudy village hall about 8ish on Saturday evening (17/11/12)
- 2012-11-19 17:47 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Thanks for the text earlier Michelle- sorry havent had a chance to bump before- but bumping now for possible sighting xxx Please let it be Oscar , keep safe and show yourself again lad xxx
- 2012-11-19 16:46 Michelleand Jon
- We may have had a possible sighting of Oscar on Saturday night in St Tudy. A lady of Bodmin's buy swap sell group on facebook has commented on Oscar's video that she saw a dog very much like him on Saturday night. Please if anyone is in the area, make sure you have our numbers in your phone 07751 208298 michelle,07939 726019 Jon, 0844 8003220 doglost, if spotted please try to get a photo on phone if you have the ability.
- 2012-11-19 16:44 Michelleand Jon
- It does look very much like him but longer fur and slightly different features, this one has spotty feet and Oscar never had spotty feet. If someone has castrated him its possible his fur could grow and as he's got older his features could have changed a little. Going to have a look closer and compare photo's.
- 2012-11-19 00:36 Gypsy
- MichelleandJon - Have tagged you in on FB so you can see the dog Jackie is referring to. xxx
- 2012-11-18 21:53 elfie 2575
- ps this dog mainly brown large white bib
- 2012-11-18 21:52 elfie 2575
- i know this is a long shot but could someone have look on fb page Lost and found spaniels put dog on but he in ireland could you just check pleeeease wouldnt forgive self if was, dont think is but only front view photo,x
- 2012-11-17 19:12 Flo
- I REALLY REALLY wish it will be your Oscar's turn very very soon. You have been waiting too long x
- 2012-11-15 10:00 Michelleand Jon
- He was in dogs today magazine back at the start of the year. There is not a day that goes by that I don't wake thinking of Oscar, asking myself if today is going to be the day that I find him? Is he out on his own or as somebody got him? Is he ok, got shelter food and water? I have got all the equipment ready, trap, camera etc just waiting on a sighting so I know where to put it. I know that when I find him (if he's been out on his own) he would be ferral and it will take time to get him back to his old loving self. I just want him back so much. I read of other dogs been reunited and are happy for the owners but sad at the same time cos I wonder when it will be Oscar's turn to come home.
- 2012-11-14 22:19 Reynard
- I think of Oscar a lot and would so love for this boy to reunited with Michelle & Jon, Has Oscars story been in the Dog mags such as Dogs to day?
- 2012-10-07 21:59 Michelleand Jon
- Been out putting more posters up today. I jut pray that if he is still out living rough that he has food, water, shelter and he is safe. God I miss him sooooo much.
- 2012-09-04 22:42 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Not sure if owners have read these posts? Texting them ,just on case. x
- 2012-08-19 23:18 Flo
- Incase you haven't seen it yet check found 42263- An ESS has been found with a Jack Russell at the Devon boarder, filthy and hungry. No other details yet. I would love it if this was Oscar x
- 2012-07-27 00:04 scootjockey
- As always willing your boy back safely. Oscar is always in my mind love Tays mum x
- 2012-07-26 14:05 bazil
- sophiesuds, thanks for checking, Michelle and Jon I can definately rule out dog ID 41425 is not Oscar. This dog has a white body, I have shown Oscar's photo to someone who saw this dog and it's not him. Good luck with latest sighting x
- 2012-07-24 09:27 MSPickles
- Fingers, toes and paws crossed here for Oscars safe return after all this time xx
- 2012-07-23 21:19 Reynard
- Oh my its hard to express what wonderful news this is
Praying for you xxx
- 2012-07-23 21:03 sophiesuds
- There is also another liver and white with full tail been caught after some adventures but not in your area. Now held in RSPCA Northumberland but sounds like he has been on the run a while so worth a call at least. Again on the found list No1425.
- 2012-07-23 20:57 sophiesuds
- Hi sorry to see Oscar is still missing but well done for keeping the search going. Have you read the details of the sighted liver and white spinger spaniel that is listed on the found section. From the description it sounds similar to Oscar may be worth a look. Not sure of how far this is away from you but the amount of time he has been missing he could be further away. The number is 41499 hope it is him you deserve it. Paws crossed.
- 2012-07-23 20:40 Gypsy
- Sending postive thoughts to you both and hoping with all my heart that it won't be long now before you get your beautiful boy home xx
- 2012-07-23 19:39 Jayne - Head Office
- OMG---tx for the update....
- 2012-07-23 13:07 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Keeping everything crossed for you Michelle and Jon. If he's staying near the Camel Trail at least he will have a plentiful supply of water!! My Facebook picture was taken at the picnic area at Shell Woods, so hopefully this is an omen. Are your posters still up along there? Maybe he's living on left over food at the picnic areas? Also I remember a pub we went to right by the Camel Trail, but can't remember the name of it at the moment. Have you postered all the pubs, etc along the trail? Should be lots of people walking along there now in this glorious weather. Hope you get another sighting soon. Love to you both, Alison xx
- 2012-07-23 09:48 Michelleand Jon
- Message passed on by Sue who helps me look for Oscar
I saw a woman yesterday at bodmin asda who says she saw oscar about 3 weeks ago in the layby on the a30 she had stopped to answer her phone when she saw him she got out the car to get a photo but he saw her and did a quick u turn and ran into fields again but she says if he tries to cross again where he was it will take him down the lane to shell woods which hopefully could mean he still in that areaxxx dunno if any use really but thought i wud pass the info on x
- 2012-07-22 23:10 Owl
- I've bumped him up to top as another sighting has come in, just been reported from 3 weeks ago, at layby on A30 not far from Shell WoodsLast edited: 2012-07-22 23:13:16 by Owl
- 2012-07-11 17:13 Michelleand Jon
- I'm hoping to get a search/dog walk together this Saturday 14/07/12 on the Camel Trail starting from Great Shell Woods (between Blisland and Helland,Bodmin) around 2.30pm if anyone would like to join in. My Oscar and another Oska (terrier) are missing from this area plus Gimblet the greyhound. Meeting at Great Shell Woods car park at 2.20pm
- 2012-06-24 19:10 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- We keep looking out for this boy. Hoping he is home very soon. xLast edited: 2012-06-26 23:45:37 by Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- 2012-06-21 19:57 cassiehagger
- He is such a gorgeous boy cannot imagine what you are going through I saw this video a while back and it filled me with tears I do hope you fidn him safe and well
- 2012-06-11 16:19 Michelleand Jon
- Still no news of Oscar. We have had to move from the cottage now, so neighbour keeping a look out for him. Will get back to searching more when unpacked. If any new sightings please contact the mobile numbers.
- 2012-05-21 22:48 bazil
- Gutted for you Michelle and Jon. Come on Oscar boy, be sighted again please x
- 2012-05-21 18:33 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- There may be a reason for this collar sighting, so don't worry. Who knows it could be something that Oscar checks on his triangle. I'd still pop something back there, just in case. You are doing so well. I know it must be so incredibly hard living your life like this, but you are the most fantastic owners and so deserve to find your precious Oscar and soon. x
- 2012-05-21 14:05 Michelleand Jon
- I hope so because if someone gets hold og him at least they will have a number to call.
- 2012-05-21 13:00 NickyJ
- :( At least it means he probably still has his collar and tag on.
- 2012-05-21 11:39 Michelleand Jon
- Ggggrrrrrr its not Oscar's Collar. It's my Izzy's, I totally forgot she lost it. I suppose it was me hoping so much that he would be close to home. So back to the previous sighting down near the Camel Trail between St Breward and Blisland. Sorry guys for getting hopes built up, I'm gutted.
- 2012-05-19 21:46 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Oscars collar was found by the lady vicar who married Michelle & Jon nearly 3 years ago. It was founds by the track leading to their drive and gate- not far from home, intact, buckle still done up, not rusty like it had been laying there for ages.speculating but this area is walked probably daily and i am sure someone else if not Shell and Jon would have spotted and picked it up before now had it been there for any length of time. Come on Oscar, Please go Home xxx
- 2012-05-19 21:37 Spindle
- So so many people willing Oscar back home. Please let this be the break that is needed for these great owners. Everything crossed.
- 2012-05-19 20:36 Scrappy2010
- Please God let this be Oscar. Getting nervous for his owners. Wouldn't that be just wonderful:))
- 2012-05-19 20:36 Tigermouse
- I've just read all this right from the beginning, what a roller coaster time you've had. I'm much too far away to help but just wanted to wish you good luck in finding Oscar; keeping everything crossed here that the latest news will lead to something more positive and he will be back home with you soon x
- 2012-05-19 17:37 bazil
- Excellent! I have gone all goosebumps when reading this...just praying this helps to lead you to Oscar. Fingers crossed xx
- 2012-05-19 17:26 lesleyjane
- Wow, that's good news, wonder how long ago she found it? Hopefully recently and a scent trail can be laid to home as suggested! xx
- 2012-05-19 16:24 Stroodsue
- awe, this is good news, Perhaps a scent trail back to HOME from where this collar has been found.. again! a new trail, keep doing a new one, every couple of days, same route. good luck! Oh can you post the Facebook page here please thank you
- 2012-05-19 15:26 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Oh my goodness! It is very likely that this will be part of his triangle if he is still on the loose; he could well be. These dogs are so clever at surviving in the wild. This could also serve as one his sniffing points as he goes around, so I feel that you need to replace it with something else that still smells of home. A permanent marker, well scented. So if he does come past he will still know its the right place and will also know that this is a new home smell, so may stay around there. So hope this leads to his safe and speedy return. If he isn't on the loose, this could also be a link as to who may have picked him up and give you further clues as to what direction to go in next. So many wishes and prayers are out there for you and sweet Oscar. x
- 2012-05-19 14:59 Animal Magic Chelt
- Fingers and paws all crossed here for more news.
- 2012-05-19 10:19 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Bumping. Waiting for more info on where etc. Thanks for the call Shell. I so hope this is the turning point to better things. Come on Oscar lad. Give us more signs x x x
- 2012-05-19 09:13 Michelleand Jon
- We have had a message on our answerphone from a lady saying she has found Oscar's collar on the moors. I have rang back but got her voicemail. When I get hold of her I will ask where on the moors she found it, this may give us some idea of which direction he went in.
- 2012-05-15 18:58 Michelleand Jon
- Scented from the Camel Trail at Tressarret up through Blisland towards home, managed to get the the end of our road before ran out of scent in bottle, so improvised half way down the road back to home. I hope you manage to smell your way home Oscar, we only have a few more weeks left here.
I sent This Morning an email but Oscar wasn't featured :(
- 2012-05-09 12:40 jobadger
- This morning tv programme have posted this on their website....
This Friday we’re intending to feature an item on missing pets. So if you’ve lost a pet, or think you’ve had one stolen, let us know and we might be able to feature them in our missing pets gallery. Email email@example.com with some good shots of your missing pet and a few details that might help: when you last saw your pet, any distinguishing marks, habits or characteristics. Maybe it was wearing a particular collar. We need your emails by 5.00pm Thursday the 10th May. http://www.itv.com/thismorning/life/reuniting-lost-pets-with-owners/
- 2012-05-07 11:34 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- I am so hoping and praying that this is Oscar. Good luck xx
- 2012-05-07 00:59 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Michelle and Jon so hope this is your gorgeous Oscar and he is back home soon. Good luck. xxx
- 2012-05-07 00:42 Flo
- Wow this is very positive news! Keeping everything crossed for you x
- 2012-05-06 17:44 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Oh wow, this is amazing!! I know this part of the Camel Trail quite well as my hubbie and I walked that stretch almost every day when we were on holiday down there last September. Are Oscar's posters still in place along there? We have everything crossed here for you xxxxxxx
- 2012-05-06 16:29 lesleyjane
- Everything crossed that dear Oscar is going to be home very soon.xxx Sorry, too far away to help.xxx
- 2012-05-06 16:29 bazil
- Just got goosebumps when I read this update. Please, please let this be Oscar for you, Michelle and Jon. Fingers crossed that this is your boy and he is home with you before you have to move. Good luck xx
- 2012-05-06 12:22 jobadger
- I so hope so too, Kookie! Cross-posted and shared. xx
- 2012-05-06 09:32 Kookie
- You always said you would find him at a car boot - maybe this is it - i have everything crossed for you & Jon xx
- 2012-05-06 08:40 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Didnt get a chance last night as computer died a death- bumping. Please please Oscar, Make it home soon before your mum and dad have to move. Please everyone-If you know someone in this area then ask them to share Oscar and his facebook page or youtube video again, talk about him in the pub, put more posters out or generally make people aware that he is still missing.x https://www.facebook.com/groups/201568339878730/
- 2012-05-05 22:23 Michelleand Jon
- We have had a bit of good news. We went and stood a carboot sale and had Oscar's banner up on the side of the van. A gentleman said he could have swore he saw Oscar 2 days ago near tressarett just down the road from Shell woods (on the camel trail) heading up towards Blisland. This is not far from home. He looked bedraggled like he had been out for a while, he hopped over from a hedge into the road. I'm hoping that he has took some notice of the communicator and is trying to find his way back. Please Oscar try to find us boy xx
- 2012-04-10 17:41 NickyJ
- Sending you all best wishes and hoping for some luck at last. Nx
PS. My dog is about 8 years old, he's the same cross breed as Oscar, and they look very much alike. My dog was picked up having been living feral before I got him and all I know is I have no doubts at all of his ability to survive on his own, find his own food, seek shelter and live out in all weathers.
- 2012-04-09 22:52 Michelleand Jon
- Have been walking down by the railway, took Izzy with us as she is in season but no luck as yet.
- 2012-04-05 21:58 Michelleand Jon
- No news unfortunately. I have been posting leaflets to houses that back onto the railway line. Also called the dog warden's office to inform them of the latest possible sighting. I think a search over the weekend would be a good idea. Will try to get something together for Saturday. Watch this space
- 2012-04-05 10:42 jimjams
- Any news? Do you think a search party over the weekend may help?
- 2012-04-04 22:14 Reynard
- Oh! fingers tightly crossed this is the gorgeous Oscar, come on boy show yourself to the nice lady, we want you home sweetie xxx
- 2012-04-04 19:29 bazil
- Oh please let this be Oscar, stay safe boy x
- 2012-04-04 12:07 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- This dog has been seen twice this morning- lady who sighted will try and get a photo if she sees him again. everything crossed here. stay safe lad x
- 2012-04-04 11:11 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Possible sighting between Bodmin and colquite. On railway . Jon off to check out.fingers crossed it is Oscar x
- 2012-04-03 23:03 Michelleand Jon
- Nothing to report, no sightings or any leads. Have given the post mistress some more fliers to give out to the postmen, even wrote on the back reward to information leading to Oscar's return. Wish we knew something that could help us get him home.
- 2012-03-21 19:05 Flo
- Michelle and Jon I am so sorry you still haven't got your boy back. It must be so so difficult not knowing. I really wish you both all the luck in the world and hope he is back before his next birthday x x x x
- 2012-03-19 15:33 Michelleand Jon
- Oscar was 2 years old yesterday. Can't believe we have missed both is 1st and 2nd birthday. We lit a candle next to his photo and wished for him to come home.
- 2012-03-19 15:33 Michelleand Jon
- Oscar was 2 years old yesterday. Can't believe we have missed both is 1st and 2nd birthday. We lit a candle next to his photo and wished for him to come home.
- 2012-03-12 18:15 Flo
- I hope so too! x
- 2012-03-12 14:38 Michelleand Jon
- Oscar is in Your Dog magazine this month, I truely hope this will bring us some much needed good news.
- 2012-02-14 20:59 NickyJ
- Everything crossed for you x
- 2012-02-13 22:38 bazil
- Good luck, praying this dog is seen again and it is Oscar x
- 2012-02-13 18:33 Jayne - Head Office
- for monitoring and bumping ESSJ....
- 2012-02-13 16:10 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Bumped et to possible sighting. Sorry took so long but had no internet access. X
- 2012-02-13 10:28 Michelleand Jon
- We had another possible sighting yesterday at Colquite woods (on the Bodmin to Camelford road) This dog had a different coloured collar on though but we are not ruling it out as someone could have taken him in and he got loose again. The food I have been leaving has been taken every few days.
- 2012-02-10 19:03 LCJR
- Still spreading the word and been sending the link to his you tube video far and wide. Keeping everything crossed for his safe return SOON xx
- 2012-02-07 19:29 Flo
- Thinking of you guys loads today-can't believe it's been a year. Can't imagine what you have all been going through. You have searched so hard and I know you will never stop. I really do hope that you do cross paths with your gorgeous boy again and can be a happy family once more. Keeping everything crossed for you that that day will come very soon x x x x
- 2012-02-07 17:58 jobadger
- I too look everyday and I can't imagine what you're going through. One day we'll check in and he'll be in the blue. Let's hope it's soon. Hugs and wishes for your safe return little boy. xxx
- 2012-02-07 11:10 Jackie
- Was just going to have alook today on doglost...but not log in...but after reading it's been a year today and seeing your messages I've shed afew tears and had to leave you all a message... Come on Oscar time to come home you are out there somewhere and your mum and dad need you back..been checking in regulary over the year hoping today was the day..will keep checking because one day it will be...thinking of you today Michelle and Jon xxxx
- 2012-02-07 10:15 Michelleand Jon
- One whole year today since you went missing Oscar. Please let us cross paths so you can home and make our family whole again. Be safe and we love you with all our hearts. Mummy and Daddy xx
- 2012-02-07 09:51 angi
- I have been following Oscar since day one and pray every day for his safe return feeling helpless because I am too far away to be of help. Thinking of you and hoping this boy shows himself soon so he can go home. Xxxx
- 2012-02-07 09:51 angi
- I have been following Oscar since day one and pray every day for his safe return feeling helpless because I am too far away to be of help. Thinking of you and hoping this boy shows himself soon so he can go home. Xxxx
- 2012-02-07 06:27 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Well it's a year today since Oscar went missing & We won't give up looking.Michelle and Jon have become two of my best friends in the world and i love them both loads.Come on Oscar boy - show yourself and get yourself home in time for the weekend! xxx
- 2012-02-05 13:05 reggiemollieros
- Just saw this on Alfie's lost dogs FB page. (update just saw your FB page and you already know)
This message has been sent via Network Cornwall Member Messaging
I have had a dog brought in today liver and white male found near Truro town. No chip (PRETTY PLEASE chip your dogs!!)
Contact Companion Care vets 01872 266002
Lynsey PopeLast edited: 2012-02-05 13:10:24 by reggiemollieros
- 2012-02-02 17:31 Jayne - Head Office
- Gosh almost a year now that Oscar has been missing...just heard you will be featured in the nexst issue of your dog magazine...well done.
- 2012-02-02 16:50 Michelleand Jon
- I have been leaving food there every evening since we got the call. The first night the food went but it hasn't been touched since. So this evening I'm trying sausages his favorite and see if they get ate.
- 2012-01-29 20:14 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- With collie in this boy, he could survive very well in the wild. Look at all the collies on this site that have done just that. So come on Oscar, lead your family in the right direction if you can, boy. So hope this is you. x
- 2012-01-29 19:34 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- PLEASE let this be Oscar!! Been following his page ever since he went missing nearly a year ago. Come on boy, time to go home to Michelle and Jon xxxx
- 2012-01-29 19:01 Reynard
- This sounds very promising,,,good luck! xxx
Last edited: 2012-01-29 19:03:19 by Reynard
- 2012-01-29 16:00 rdvretired
- We're not on facebook so keep upto date via here. We probably speak for hundreds when we wish you every luck for your finding Oscar.
- 2012-01-29 14:46 angi
- I'm also praying and hoping with all my heart this is Oscar. xxx
- 2012-01-29 13:58 bazil
- Oh I am praying this is Oscar for you, please please God let it be him xx
- 2012-01-29 12:10 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Bumping Oscar due to Possible sighting of a dog similar to Oscar near colquite- eating from rubbish- def a dirty springer type dog of the right colouring but not def Oscar as lady who sighted had a fleeting glance and when she turned round and went back the dog was gone. Michelle has been over to check out yesterday but saw nothing, she will be going agin today just in case. Good luck and fingers firmly crossed that this is Oscar xxx
- 2012-01-25 10:49 Michelleand Jon
- This has been put on Oscar's facebook group.
Might be nothing, but someone seems to think they have seen a springer cross with beauty spots in a grey car outside a vets on Friday Between 4.30 and 5 ish.. I only found out today. The vets is in Launceston, the dog was in a grey car apparently being hyper. The vets number is 01566 772211. I would say it is worth a phone call Michelle if nothing else. I don't want to get your hopes up but please phone them.
I have called the vets and the lady that I spoke with could not help beside ask us for details of Oscar. I have sent them 2 posters in the past to find out they get taken doen after a month so I have emailed them and sent another poster in the post.
- 2012-01-23 20:23 angi
- still thinking of you and praying you have your boy home soon xxx
- 2012-01-19 18:13 Terence Voysey
- I have now spoken with Michelle
- 2012-01-19 17:46 Terence Voysey
- I 'shared' the video on Facebook today. My mother in law added a comment a little while ago: "Tuesday last we were waiting at the bus stop in St COLUMB MAJOR and there was a similar dog roaming on it's own on the grass verge. I remarked it should not be out without someone.... The bus came along so I could not do anything about trying to find whether it had a collar." St Columb Major is about 6 or 7 miles from Roche, where there appears to be a past sighting, my MIL is not really a 'doggy person', but I feel that I should pass it on. Happy to pass on her phone number.
- 2012-01-19 11:24 Michelleand Jon
- A member of Oscar's facebook group has made a you tube video for us I hope and pray that this will help and bring us some much needed good news.
- 2012-01-11 16:27 Michelleand Jon
- It has been a very difficult last 11 months. Its the not knowing that bites. We try to stay positive and pray for some good news. Still go out searching but there hasn't been any sightings really since the end of September. We'll NEVER give up on him.
- 2012-01-10 18:38 STORM70
- hi, god this must be hell for you, i really hope he turns up. im currently in sussex but i will be moving to cornwall in march and be spending time around bodmin, i will keep my eyes open for him but hopefully he will be home with you by then. good luck
- 2012-01-08 18:05 Flo
- Hi Michelle and Jon, I am so sorry you haven't had any new info to help in your search for your dear Oscar. You are so determined to find your boy and I am sure sooner or late that you will, I just wish it was now. Good luck, keeping my fingers crossed that receive some news very soon x x x x
- 2012-01-04 11:36 Michelleand Jon
- This isn't Oscar :(. It will be 11 months on Saturday since he went missing. With no new sightings or anything else to go by it makes it very difficult to know where to start looking. I will get our Oscar home if it kills me.
- 2011-12-28 21:31 mumstaxi
- post below is from neddc site
- 2011-12-28 21:30 mumstaxi
- Our dog wardens picked up a male Springer Spaniel in Stonebroom on 22 December.
'Pudding', as he's been named by council staff, is around 2 years old – brown and white with a white stripe down his nose. He had no collar and tag and although he is micro chipped no owner details are registered against the microchip.
If you know someone who has lost a dog fitting this description please contact us as soon as you can, we'd hate him to spend his Christmas in kennels!
If Pudding's owners don't come forward we will have to look to re-home him in the New Year. If you think you could give him a home please contact us, all dog adoptions are subject to a successful home check and the dog's owners not coming forward prior.
- 2011-12-25 11:40 Maggie
- Hi Michelle and John, just to let you know we are thinking about you and Oscar today and every day. Christmas is hard when there is a gap in the family.
- 2011-12-17 23:34 Neighbark
- Hi, i've been watching this site for months now, hoping you find your boy. Re- the 2 springers visiting the mans garden, are the piccies good enough to send to Doglost head office, for Jayne to list them on the 'dogs found/sited' - in the hope that they might be reunited with their owners? thanks.
- 2011-12-14 21:09 NickyJ
- That's a great shame, and also means there are two other lost doggies out there. Fingers crossed for you for more sightings soon x
- 2011-12-14 10:12 Michelleand Jon
- I have been sent some photo's of these 2 springers and none of them are my Oscar. Have checked on Henry too but I don't think it is him. Definately not Biscuit either. Will try to get the photo's on Oscars facebook group when I get a moment.
- 2011-12-12 17:46 Flo
- Wow this does sound hopeful. Fingers crossed for you xLast edited: 2011-12-12 17:46:54 by Flo
- 2011-12-12 12:29 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Wow, this sounds hopeful! I don't suppose he has any way of preventing them from getting out of the garden once they are in (like a gate) so that they can be caught?
- 2011-12-12 09:42 Michelleand Jon
- We received a call last night from a gentleman (Fraddon area)that has had 2 springer spaniels going into his garden on an evening to eat the bread he has put out for the badgers. This has been happening for the last few weeks. He has asked around but nobody seems to know who these dogs belong to. He has invited me over as he has seen my Oscar is missing, I'm going to try to encourage them to come close and also get a photo. I have got a poster of Henry (34277) as he went missing from Grampound which is not a million miles away, so fingers crossed this will be Henry and Oscar. He did say try not to get hopes up but if it is not either of them at least we can cross them off our list.
- 2011-12-09 15:37 Michelleand Jon
- I have spoken with the lady called Melissa who found the dog 35151 and she believes it has been reunited with it's owner now.
- 2011-12-09 10:45 Michelleand Jon
- Thanks dorofin, I have called this morning but no answer. Will be trying again later. Even if this is not our Oscar we can cross this dog off the list.
- 2011-12-08 18:23 dorofin
- Hi probally too far away liver& white springer found in TA1 Taunton no sex given. on dog lost found page id 35151.
- 2011-12-05 23:16 Michelleand Jon
- Thank you, that will help millons. I'm not that brillant on the things like this. I'm still out and about looking for him and giving posters out.
- 2011-12-05 23:16 Michelleand Jon
- Thank you, that will help millons. I'm not that brillant on the things like this. I'm still out and about looking for him and giving posters out.
- 2011-12-02 11:37 NickyJ
- Hi, I've started compiling a map of places where Oscar has been sighted. I will keep adding to it to bring it up-to-date.
- 2011-12-01 22:31 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Oscar on page 3 of Decembers North Cornwall Advertiser, http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/launch.aspx?referral=other&refresh=5Xd0Tw190A3s&PBID=7ca6ba20-c487-4cda-aa1d-f05be19bf6ce&skip=
Thanks Mlc, have passed this on-hope your Sprocker friend is home soon if not already xxxLast edited: 2011-12-01 22:36:05 by ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- 2011-11-23 10:08 Mlc
- Hi, I'm really not sure if this is of any help: my friend had her sprocket stolen over the weekend so we're doing all we can to help; I was browsing through preloved an came across a sprocker for sale by the name of Oscar, who is a year old, here's the linkhttp://m.preloved.co.uk/m/showadvert/1034749215/sprocker-spaniel.html I then saw your post on here and thought I would pass this on in the off chance of helping! Marianne
- 2011-11-22 17:02 Jo
- Once you get the camera if you need any advice about setting it up please give me a call. The one for Poppy took quite a few nights for us to get it right. We have yet to see her on it but still hopeful. Jo - 07852 819132. Or Oscar you could just go home and save the trouble.
- 2011-11-17 19:55 zeffi
- Hoping to see Oscar in the blue at last. I do hope the camera does its job and your boy will be home soon. Thinking of you and sending you best wishes. zeffi
- 2011-11-16 16:51 Michelleand Jon
- A nice lady has set up a twitter page for Oscar and put this link up on his facebook group.
Oscar has his own twitter page, please follow him (literally) and find him soon.... http://twitter.com/lost_dog_oscar
- 2011-11-15 11:36 Michelleand Jon
- I have just ordered a camera. Thank you to Rita, you are truely Oscar's angel, I cannot thank you enough. Hopefully Oscar will show himself sometime soon so I can get another feeding station set up and hopefully see if it is him.
- 2011-11-13 13:53 Maggie
- I still check whenever I can get on-line and often think of you. How much do the cameras cost? M
- 2011-11-08 11:07 Michelleand Jon
- Thank you Kimmybear those are very special words and it is so true. The network of support has been fantastic and it helps us to be more determined to find him and not give up. I was hoping after the weekend with the fireworks he would show himself as he hates fireworks. But nothing as yet. As it is dark early now it's normally pitch black when I finish work but I still have a drive round just incase he is trotting down the road. It's alot better on a weekend as I have daylight on our side. I will find him thats one thing I'm sure of.
The dog that was found at Porthleven had a collar with a tag (Mansfield, Notts) area. For whomever this baby belonged to I'm truely sorry for your loss.
- 2011-11-04 19:35 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- M&J, God bless you and Oscar and all of you kind people out there supporting them. You are all great! Those of us who have been thru something similar, even for just a day, will know just how much your support means to Oscar's family and that is what we are all here for. When you have a loved one missing you really need that support network of others who truly understand and care. We will continue to pray for Oscar's safe keeping and continue to search and offer support until precious Oscar is home. x
- 2011-11-04 17:52 Flo
- I had a lump in my throat when I read that yesterday. Really hope Oscar is safe and you get another lead soon x x x x
- 2011-11-04 10:10 Michelleand Jon
- I'm in the process of saving for a IR motion camera. No sighting up near the cottages at all since September. I'll give the google maps a go, if I get stuck I will ask for your help.
There has been a liver/white spaniel type dog found at Porthleven (body washed up) Dog ID 34048. Poor little thing. I have left a message on the voicemail and awaiting a call back with more details if possible. Porthleven is about 45 miles away (ish) but I'm still checking. Got a big knot in my throat, I hope my boy is safe.
- 2011-10-26 14:28 NickyJ
- I'm following your thread on your beautiful Oscar. Hope you get some more news soon. I wondered if you'd tried an IR motion activated wildlife camera at all, there's the site of the holiday cottage where one might be set-up? Just a thought. Keep your spirits up - he's out there somewhere. Nicky x
PS: I've been helping to look for Poppy (31602) and I've plotted her sightings, plus where she went missing from, onto a Google map:
It is quite easy to set up and I'd be very happy to do one for Oscar too if you wanted?
I'm not familiar with the area, but could just go from the descriptions you have on this forum.
NickyLast edited: 2011-11-03 16:10:55 by NickyJ
- 2011-10-25 21:29 Flo
- Sorry to hear there has been no news, hang in there. Really really hope you get that all important phone call very soon. There are loads of people willing your boy home x x x x x
- 2011-10-23 22:58 Michelleand Jon
- Unfortunately there is no news at all. Things have gone really quiet, its worrying. With the nights drawing in early is making things more difficult too. I just wish he would show himself to someone who knows were looking for him. I call the dog wardens as soon as I hear anything too so they know what is happening just incase they get called out. I hate the no knowing its torture.
- 2011-10-23 19:40 Flo
- Any news on dear Oscar? x x x x
- 2011-10-16 00:30 cfsmith
- Just throwing this idea out there to see how many helpers we could get..
I would like to organise a stakeout regarding my theory of Oscars evening route (From Respryn Woods to Cardinham Woods), this would entail posting spotters along his known route near to where he's been sighted before, this time the majority of the spotting could be done from the comfort of a car.
7 pairs or single spotters in cars would be great but if more or less i could arrange the positioning however.
The operation could be next weekend on Saturday or Sunday & start around 4pm & i would expect to finish no later than 10 pm.
If you would like to help please post or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org what times & what day would suit you best, even if you can only offer an hour or two it will make all the difference.
- 2011-10-13 22:00 angi
- good luck tomorrow night. I'll be thinking of you xx wish i lived close enough to help x
- 2011-10-13 17:52 Flo
- Good luck really really hope it brings you some fresh news/sightings! x
- 2011-10-13 11:34 Michelleand Jon
- Myself and a few helpers from Oscar's facebook page are going to meet at Respryn Woods car park on Friday 6.30-6.45pm to go out to observe the area as it starts to turn dusk, as there are plenty of phesants/rabbits out at this time and its easy pickings for a hungry dog. If were lucky enough to get a definate sighting of Oscar and can pinpoint him to an area and what direction he was going in, Ray said he will come down to Cornwall and help us catch him. If anyone would like to come and help please remember to bring a torch and wear sturdy clothing as weather has been awful lately.
- 2011-10-12 12:25 Michelleand Jon
- Nothing at all since Mo saw him last at Respryn woods. Icemac14 went around this area and spoke with a farmer who owns quite a bit of land around the woods. He lost his dog for 6 months in Respryn with no sightings and then he turned up 6 months later at the door like he had not been away. The farmer is going to keep an eye out for him. Thinking of doing an evening/night search on Friday at Respryn. We had a call from Ray (one I mentioned who catches dogs) and he has given us some good advice which were going to give a go.
- 2011-10-11 10:45 jimjams
- Have there been any sightings in the past week?
- 2011-10-03 21:55 Michelleand Jon
- Went and chcked trap also walked up at Respryn woods. I bumped into a dog handler policeman who was up there. I gave him a flyer and he said he will look out for him. He also said that there are a few farm dogs and asked if he could have been mistaken for one of them.
- 2011-10-02 21:19 Michelleand Jon
- It is fairly open land around there so will go and check it out.
- 2011-10-01 23:45 scootjockey
- My cocker enjoys playing there too,easy to hide Peacefull place. Sniffffer dog wouldnt do any harm.
- 2011-10-01 16:02 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I agree with Reynard, definetely worth checking to see if he has a den in the grounds of the crem. There have been quite a few dogs on here that have been found hanging around cemeteries x
- 2011-10-01 15:29 Reynard
- Well done Michelle ,maybe actualy in the 'Crem' xxxLast edited: 2011-10-03 07:29:36 by Reynard
- 2011-10-01 13:19 suzyb
- come on oscar. where are you? will make my year when you come home boy....
- 2011-09-29 22:47 Michelleand Jon
- The path which leads up to the crem can get quite busy with dog walkers and dogs will go into the trap to take the bait. If I can find a quieter place to put it I will move it. I'm off out during the day this weekend to try to find somewhere that maybe suitable.
- 2011-09-29 20:18 Reynard
- "This path leads upto Bodmin Crem which is just down the road from where he was sighted last week."
Maybe a trap would work here?
- 2011-09-28 23:22 Michelleand Jon
- I have come back home with the scent of Dotti our friends little bitch that Oscar loved (she is in season) I'm going to out the scent near the trap in the morning and hope that this may work. Freshly baited trap today too.
Went for a walk round Respryn woods this evening and met Mo who saw him on Monday, she has pointed me in the right direction to look for him. This path leads upto Bodmin Crem which is just down the road from where he was sighted last week. Checked on the trap too but nothing. I spoke with the holiday makers that are in the cottage this week and they have a flyer of Oscar and are keeping a look out. They have said they will leave some food outside the door to see if this will attract him and try to entice him inside. I feel sooo close but still so far away. I am determined I will get my Oscar boy home though.
- 2011-09-28 21:15 icemac14
- walked al around respryn woods yesterday but no sign of oscar but left his posters on the gates so they will be seen
- 2011-09-28 14:08 bazil
- Are there any ex sniffer dog handlers on here, maybe a sniffer dog trained to know Oscar's scent would be the answer or is that wishful thinking?? I'm wishing!
- 2011-09-27 23:54 scootjockey
- Scenting,Baits and traps arnt working with this dog,anyone have any other idea`s.Anything would be worth a try.Praying for his return before the winter sets in. Tays mum xxx
- 2011-09-27 19:16 angi
- come on Oscar...please stay in one place long enough for these lovely people to find you and take you home to mum and dad xxx
- 2011-09-27 19:01 Suziewoo
- I will be over the moon, along with every dog-lover & member of Doglost when Oscar is safely home & into the blue. Good luck & paws/fingers crossed xxxx
- 2011-09-27 12:52 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Oh if only I'd been on holiday down there this week instead of last week!! This is all happening literally on the doorstep of where we were staying! Come on Oscar, PLEASE give your mum and dad a lovely welcome home present xx
- 2011-09-27 12:05 bazil
- Good luck to you all, wish I could be there with you to help...let today be the day this boy is found xx
- 2011-09-27 08:39 Spindle
- Good luck icemac14, lets get this boy back home. So many people willing him back.
- 2011-09-27 08:21 icemac14
- off we go to find oscar please show yourself boy so we can get you home where you belong
- 2011-09-27 08:09 Reynard
- Good Luck! icemac14 and well done Mo xxx
Your turn now Oscar hand yourself in please,we want you home xxxLast edited: 2011-09-27 08:10:45 by Reynard
- 2011-09-27 07:31 mo
- Wishing you all he best today. The lane that lead across the top from this parking place lead straight to the house on the edge of crematorium round about thats why i was so amazed it linked up. Michelle has my mobile number number, please text me if you need to, although im at work today will reply when i can.
- 2011-09-27 01:19 scootjockey
- Paws and all crossed here in Wigan,Lancashire.Pray this dog shows himself and it be Oscar,Come on lad let yourself be found.Best wishes Tays mum xxxLast edited: 2011-09-27 01:23:49 by scootjockey
- 2011-09-26 23:58 bazil
- Hope this is Oscar...Got to get this boy home soon xx
- 2011-09-26 23:55 icemac14
- hi thanks for that mo had a look tonight but really dark even with a torch will have another look in the morning respryn woods are so big when you have no idea where to look so thank you for answering me
- 2011-09-26 22:07 mo
- That is, go up the lane on the left then take the path down to the right going through a wooden swing gate.
- 2011-09-26 22:05 mo
- Hi yes, no problem. From Bodmin driving towards Lanhydrock take the left turn (road to Respryn). Along that road there is a right turn which cuts through to Lanhydrock, opposite this there is a little lane goes up on the left where several cars often park to dog walk. The dog was seen on the path that goes down to the right which eventually leads down to the respryn to Bodmin station path. Please post again if that doesnt make sense.
- 2011-09-26 21:33 icemac14
- sorry forgot to add i am a friend of michelles and have been out helping her look for oscar michelle is having a much needed holiday for a couple of days so am looking out for her
- 2011-09-26 21:31 icemac14
- i live in lostwithiel which is where respryn woods are can you tell me what end of the woods you saw oscar as will give me an idea where to look thanks
- 2011-09-26 21:10 Julie B
- Please let this be Oscar and let him be caught and back home as he has been on his adventure for far too long bless him. x
- 2011-09-26 21:01 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Thanks Mo .. Have left a message alerting to this. Hoping its Oscar ,bumping.Last edited: 2011-09-26 21:06:58 by ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- 2011-09-26 20:24 mo
- Whilst walking our own dog in the woods just above Respryn around 7 this evening we spotted a dog fitting the discription of the liver and white dog seen near the Crem recently. ran past us 3 times, obviously lost and appeared a little disorientated. Was not interested in any contact with us though. Was wearing a collar which my husband thought looked like bluey webbing although cant be sure. Was amazed to read recent comments and hope you find him
- 2011-09-24 21:22 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Michelle. Was the holiday cottage the one with the For Sale board? My husband and I stood there for a while looking longingly at it! Just think, I could have walked right by you and not even realised it was you! Don't suppose you were at the Quiz Night at The Old Inn at St Breward last night??
- 2011-09-24 17:45 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Have just got back from sunny Cornwall this afternoon. Boy, how I wish I'd had internet access when we were there!! My husband and I walked our dogs in Cardinham Woods on Tuesday!! I was on the lookout for Oscar all week - you wouldn't believe the number of one track lanes we have been driving up and down! I really hope this is him. We came across the moors at Temple on our way home this morning and I remember thinking how it would be an ideal place for him to be holed up. When we were at Cardinham Woods on Tuesday 2 transit-type vans rolled up and off loaded about 8 collies for a walk - I saw one that was Oscar's colouring but only saw him from the back just before he took off. Maybe this was an omen?? Would love to have met up with you Michelle, but no mobile signal where we were staying. Keeping everything crossed here for you. Come on Oscar xxxxxx
- 2011-09-22 17:04 Jackie
- I keep checking on Oscar... I know it in my heart that you will find him just hope it's soon... come on Oscar your time is up summer is nearly over xxxx
- 2011-09-21 09:52 Michelleand Jon
- No news this morning, the trap was still as it was when left. I have scented a fresh trail up to it this morning. Because the trap is something new he may give it a wide birth for a little while until he gets use to it. Going across to check tonight. I'm only checking the trap in the morning and evening because I don't want to keep disturbing it as this would probably put him off going near.
- 2011-09-21 07:57 Jack Russell 4
- Everything crossed in Blackpool. Come on Oscar time to go home to mummy and daddy! xxx
- 2011-09-20 19:47 guinness'mum
- All our fingers and paws crossed in St Helens,Hope it's good news in the morning
- 2011-09-20 16:19 Suziewoo
- ...and paws & fingers crossed in Surrey for you too. I so hope that Oscar is safely back with you real soon xxxxx
- 2011-09-20 13:32 Angus Admin & Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- paws crossed in Bucks for you x
- 2011-09-20 13:17 Deb4gsd
- Everything crossed for you that this is Oscar and he will soon be on his way home! Have been following his thread like everyone else hoping to see him in the blue, c'mon lad time to go home now xxx
- 2011-09-20 11:17 lesleyjane
- Fingers and paws crossed here in NW London!
- 2011-09-20 10:30 Michelleand Jon
- Trap is set and baited with marinated garlic, herb rabbit. Nice and smelly. It looks like he could have been bedding down in a barn. Not pinning all my hopes on this so still looking other area's aswell. Just hope and pray that this is my Oscar and we can get him home very soon.
- 2011-09-20 08:39 jimjams
- Drove across the moors at Temple last night and up through Cardinham in the hope I may spot him.....
I am planning on trying to go to Cardinham with my 4 over the weekend and next week as I have the week off. But hopefully he will be captured before that.... fingers crossed for you.
- 2011-09-20 07:00 Jill
- Good luck x
- 2011-09-19 23:37 bazil
- My heart is pounding for you MichellandJon, this sounds so positive, please, please let this be Oscar. Hope you have your boy back with you very soon. Big hugs xx
- 2011-09-19 23:36 Owl
- Everything crossed for you, Michelle and Jon and Oscar.
- 2011-09-19 23:17 angi
- Hoping and praying this is your boy and the trap works it"s magic. Come on Oscar stop running long enough for mummy & daddy to catch you. Xxx
- 2011-09-19 23:09 Runfold Eddie
- I do hope for you that it was him. Don't build your hopes up too much. Thinking of you.
- 2011-09-19 23:09 Runfold Eddie
- I do hope for you that it was him. Don't build your hopes up too much. Thinking of you.
- 2011-09-19 22:36 Michelleand Jon
- This evening I went down to Cardinham woods and on the way back stubbled across a holiday cottage so asked if they had seen Oscar. They couldn't believe it when I showed them a picture. They told me that he had gone up to their window twice last night. Jon and I are going to move the trap in the morning and hopefully will get an Oscar caught in it very soon.
- 2011-09-19 21:59 Spindle
- Please please let this be him and get him back to these wonderful owners very soon.
- 2011-09-19 21:10 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Bumping!trap being moved due to 2 very positive sightings at the same location. Michelle & Jon, i have everything crossed for you. Good luck xxxLast edited: 2011-09-19 22:23:20 by ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- 2011-09-18 22:50 Michelleand Jon
- Went out scenting from Cardinham to Temple over the A30 bridge then ran out of scent. Hopefully if this is my Oscar he will follow his nose. Whilst out I had a call from Ray (40 years experience in catching missing dogs) he has said that if anyone see's Oscar not to try to catch him or even call his name as for some reason dogs will run even if their name is called. So just try to be submissive and talk normally to him and call one of us asap maybe stay with him until one of us can get there. Apparently he will know safe area's and best way to get out of fields etc. I will get him back I'm determined he is coming home.
- 2011-09-18 07:42 suzyb
- please god you find him, you are working so very hard to get results. come home oscar please!
- 2011-09-18 00:52 scootjockey
- I too have prayed for a reunion,goodluck,Gail
- 2011-09-17 22:02 muns
- Oh my goodness...hope you find the dog and it's Oscar x
- 2011-09-17 20:08 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Have said a prayer. x
- 2011-09-17 18:15 Julie B
- Fingers crossed that Oscar is home very soon xx
- 2011-09-17 14:03 Reynard
- This is promising news , Good luck Michelle & Jon xxx
- 2011-09-17 13:22 zeffi
- Very best wishes, so much hope this is Oscar. Fingers crossed for good news very soon.
- 2011-09-17 10:42 bazil
- Good luck, praying this is Oscar for you xx
- 2011-09-17 10:23 janiejewel1649
- So hop[e this is your boy. All crossed and will pray for his safe return. Good luck
- 2011-09-17 08:21 jobadger
- Oh, I so hope this is your lad. Good luck this weekend - he has to come home soon. xx
- 2011-09-17 00:26 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Michelleand Jon great news on the sightings keeping everything crossed it is him. Good luck. x
- 2011-09-17 00:09 Michelleand Jon
- Whilst at work tonight a member of Oscar's facebook group came in saying they had just seen a dog matching Oscar's description over near Bodmin Crem. He had a large beauty on left hand side of mussel but didn't see right side. Oscar has this marking. He followed him towards Cardinham woods but lost him. Said has markings like Oscar and looked like a dog that had been out for a while or a farm dog as very dirty un the underbelly. Not sure if this was him but looked on the map and a direct route from Penwithick to there is 12km. If Oscar is heading in this direcion I don't think he would cross the A30 as it is a very busy road. All the sightings seem to be on the other side of the A30 to where we live. I shall be heading out in the morning going through Cardinham woods heading towards Penwithick/Treverbyn to cook. Please keep eyes open in both areas as I'm not ruling anything out. Thanks x
Not sure if on Champdogs but will get in touch with them. Called into the Treverbyn village hall last night and gave out flyers.
- 2011-09-15 09:55 jimjams
- Is Oscar listed on the Champdogs website / forum? There are a few users on there from Cornwall so would be worth a try.
- 2011-09-15 09:21 jimjams
- There is a ringcraft group that meets in Treverbyn Village Hall on a Thursday evening - I think it is something like 6 - 8 or 7 - 9, can't remember exactly? It may be worth a visit? I will drive by that way on my way into work tomorrow and on the way home.. Still keeping my eyes peeled daily.Last edited: 2011-09-15 09:40:12 by jimjams
- 2011-09-15 07:45 Scrappy2010
- Come on Oscar. Home time. x
- 2011-09-15 00:24 Teddys Mum-JW
- I feel you are very close to putting that Moet & Chandon on ice. Come in master Oscar, your time is up...
- 2011-09-14 23:36 Beanie245
- Wishing you all happy... come on Oscar make our day!! X
- 2011-09-14 22:45 Michelleand Jon
- No luck tonight by all search parties but more eyes are open now looking for him. Headed home when it turned dark but will be out again tomorrow. Thank you all for the good wishes and prayers, it feels like we are getting closer to getting him home and when we do we have a magnum bottle of Moet & Chandon will be cracked open.
- 2011-09-14 22:22 jobadger
- I do the same as you Jackie! This has got to be your boy - I think there'll be a few tears when he's home safe at last. Everything crossed here. Jo xxx
- 2011-09-14 22:18 Flo
- Wow this new sighting and Oscars collar turning up has to be a goo omen. Keeping all my fingers cross for you both, you really really deserve to get your boy back now. Come on Oscar!!! x x x x
- 2011-09-14 22:11 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Thanks for the kind offer Michelle. I'd love nothing more than to be able to ring you and say "put the kettle on, I'm coming over with a surprise for you!" If we do find Oscar on our travels, I think it more likely we'll be cracking open the bubbly though rather than drinking tea! Wish me luck xx
- 2011-09-14 21:18 Jackie
- Michelle and Jon... we check Oscar's page every day, firstly on the reunited page, my heart jumps every time but don't see him so have to come on here... one day soon he's going to be there and they'll be tears from me... stay strong he's there somewhere xxxx
- 2011-09-14 20:39 Unknown
- Fingers crossed :)xxx
- 2011-09-14 19:50 Reynard
- OMG ! I am sure it must be Oscar good luck Michelle and Jon
Well done Cherie for heads up xxx
- 2011-09-14 18:54 Jayne - Head Office
- WOW ..defo a good omen..bumped
- 2011-09-14 16:26 Michelleand Jon
- Just saw a message on Oscar's fb page posted at 3.15pm today
A dog of Oscar desription spotted 2 mins ago Treverbyn area !! A lady just said to me seen running on his or her own , just getting kids will have a look myself in a mo !! X
This is near the A391 where he has been spotted before. I'm heading out there as soon as I can get to my car as stuck at work at the mo, in a lift share. If anyone around the area can spare an hour to help look I would appreciate it.
- 2011-09-14 09:51 Michelleand Jon
- I hope this is a good omen - Yesterday evening when I was sorting the pups out. I went outside and Oscar's old collar that he lost January was on our wall. We had been looking for it for ages but never came across it. The farmer that has sheep around us must have put it there. It definately pulled on my heartstrings I want my Oscar back so much.
Thank you Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum. Feel free to give me a call and I'll put the kettle on xx
- 2011-09-13 21:27 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Just printed off Oscar's poster to bring down with me on Saturday. Will be staying near St Breward for a week, but doing lots of walking all around the area with our dogs. Will be looking out for Oscar and Sky every day xx
- 2011-09-13 10:14 Michelleand Jon
- Went out searching the area and nothing, gave out fliers and spoke with people to keep an eye out for him. I try to stay strong and positive but still have a little cry everyday. Someone must know where he is, he has been too well advertised.
- 2011-09-11 19:12 JoeCloud
- Michelle keep strong , you know from Cloud that its possible, they are very clver and fall back on instinct to keep them going. Thinking of you Jackie
- 2011-09-09 23:01 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Michelle, we ALL want your Oscar home. He is in so many hearts and so are you. God bless you. x
- 2011-09-09 20:52 Reynard
- Good Luck! xxx
- 2011-09-09 17:01 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Good luck tomorrow Michelle and Jon. A week tomorrow I will be down there on holiday, so watch out Oscar, here we come!!! - best get your hairy behind back home before then :)
- 2011-09-09 13:30 tuulip
- Paws crossed that today will be the day x
- 2011-09-09 11:34 Michelleand Jon
- Heading over to Luxulyan Valley on Saturday for about 12 to search the area. If anyone has any spare time to help it would be greatly appreciated. xx
- 2011-09-06 13:08 Michelleand Jon
- The local neighbourhood Watch Group was one of the first places I contacted.
Not heard anything recently, Sue McCormack saw a dog running through a field in Luxulyan last week, dark like Oscar but she couldn't be sure it was him, when she went to the field he was gone, she called at a farm near it and it wasn't their dog so she left a flier. We met up and went searching but no luck. Got poster up at local post office, caught a postman and poster up in the pub too. I really do want my Oscar home.
- 2011-09-03 00:32 zeffi
- Just a thought - have you contacted local Neighbourhood Watch groups? You may need to do this via the police, but if it can be done you could get more people looking out for Oscar. Good luck, stay strong. xx
- 2011-09-02 23:47 bazil
- Keep checking here and on Oscar's FB page, hoping and praying you have him back soon xx
- 2011-09-02 16:29 Michelleand Jon
- Thanks Tabby, I called at Tulip Foods yesterday and spoke to security who have taken a couple of posters, one for the gate and one for the employee notice board. My friend Lisa works at Cruesa kennels and has Oscar's poster up, she comes out on searches with me. I used to work with Karen Jazz's owner and she is keeping a look out and I'm sure I posted a poster to the riding school. I hope he shows himself too or if someone has picked him up, even bought him that they would contact me. I would not wish this on my worst enemy, its torchure.
- 2011-09-01 22:14 Tabby
- My husband works at Tulip Foods. They don't usually have meat around for dogs to pick up unless the birds take it away and drop it. There is quite heavy security on the gate as well. Its not only a few hundred yards from where Jazz (lurcher x jack )went missing. There is Cruesa kennels just up from there as well and a riding school where dog training classes are held.Might be worth contacting them if he is in the area.Hope her shows himself soon. xxxx
- 2011-09-01 21:35 jobadger
- There isn't a day goes by that I don't check Oscar's page. I so hope your boy's back soon - you are trying so hard. I wish you all the luck in the world - and a bit more! xxxx
- 2011-09-01 14:06 guinness'mum
- Hi Michelle and Jon,left you a message last night on Facebook(yes I'm Carol)the more i look and double check area it is possible Oscar is using the Saints Way,will be down there soon to help look with my herding sheepie
- 2011-09-01 12:53 jimjams
- Oh please keep spotting him people... I also check this page each day and drive home very slowly now with beady eyes on the Cornish alps.
Have you tried calling the meat factory (it's Tulip isnt it?). If he is hungry he may have been hanging around there? Although working at a meat factory myself I'm sure that security would have called the dog warden?
There is a place called Helman Tor on the back roads near Lanivet - a lot of people walk dogs around there, also another popular place with dog walkers is the Luxulyan viaduct and surrounding woods....
I wish I had more time to help look.
- 2011-08-31 22:30 Michelleand Jon
Had another call this evening from a lady called Marie Hall. She said she cannot be definate but she thinks after seeing Oscar in the paper she saw him last week going down the road from Luxlyan to Bodmin about 3 miles in. He was very careful on the road and moved right into the hedge when a tractor went by but stayed his distance from a couple of walkers he was very observant. Looked in good health. There are a few farms down that way and a meat factory down a turn off. If she see's him again she is going to try to entice him to her as she uses that road quite often. He maybe heding back towards Bodmin. Going to investigate tomorrow and knock on a few doors and leave posters. Feel like I'm getting a little closer to getting my boy home.
Thanks Zeffi all our prayers are keeping him safe xx
- 2011-08-31 17:15 zeffi
- Oscar's is one of the pages I look at every day, hoping that he'll have been found. Best wishes for a good result from the latest in the newspaper. Don't give up on your beautiful boy. I'm too far away to help search but I'm lighting candles for him and praying that you find him soon.
- 2011-08-31 15:04 Michelleand Jon
- Jon has had various calls the main one been a liver & white sprollie picked up near that area but a week before the sightings. This dog handed into dog warden. I have called him just incase and he has assured me it wasn't Oscar as he has posters and put one up at the kennels they are taken to and that he is also keeping a look out for him. Mary from Bodmin (dog warden)office has been helping me keeping the wardens informed of what is happening and any sightings I get. (Thank you for your help Mary and for putting up with my constant pestering)
Anyway this dog was returned to owner.
Feel on edge again, he has got to be somewhere. Want you home our Oscar, love you sooooo much xx
- 2011-08-31 12:49 Michelleand Jon
We have managed to get Oscar into the Cornish Guardian (St Austell area, link below)I am hoping and praying that this brings some news. It has been nearly 7 months since he went and I don't know how much more our emotions can take. The not knowing is the killer, I'm not sure if he is out on his own, been picked up or even sold on, then got loose to get the sighting. If this is the case then I'm begging you if you read this please contact me.
- 2011-08-26 20:33 angi
- I know you must have looked at the map a million times so I apologise if I'm telling you what you already know but the pattern follows in a straight line from Roch to Colliford Lake a distance of only about 16 miles.He is still definately following a triangle. the problem we have is we don't know how long he is taking to move through the 3 points! it seemed to be about 3 weeks but I'm not sure now. I'm so hoping he shows himself again soon. xx
- 2011-08-26 12:34 Michelleand Jon
- Thank you so much for keeping your eyes peeled. I know he has got to be out there somewhere just hoping, wishing, praying he would show himself more to people that can help him. My workmate has popped posters in shop etc in Roche just incase he heads thats way again. Thanks for the Twitter mention. Michelle x
- 2011-08-25 16:01 jimjams
- I work in Roche and drive through every day - I will be keeping an eye out. Glad it is going to be in the paper again....Added to TwitterLast edited: 2011-08-25 16:22:59 by jimjams
- 2011-08-25 12:46 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Am really hoping you get him soon. You know how good these collies are at living wild, and Oscar is part collie, so it figures! Let's get this this Springer/Collie back home. Come on Oscar, please! x
- 2011-08-25 12:38 Maggie
- We keep hoping and checking Oscars page. Michelle & John, we do hope you have good news soon. He must be out there somewhere.
- 2011-08-25 10:10 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Oscar is featured in the st austell voice. Wishing and hoping for fresh sightings x
- 2011-08-23 08:51 Berties Family
- checking every day.....come on oscar, adventure over.......
- 2011-08-22 17:15 Michelleand Jon
- I Have spoken to a nice lady called Caroline at the St Austell Guardian, who is going to try to put me a plea for help in finding Oscar in the St Austell Guardian, as a follow up story to the Bodmin Guardian when I was asked to take the posters down. Hopefully this will make more people aware in that area that we are still looking for him. I have stated that he is SCARED.
- 2011-08-22 15:23 Mal
- Wishing you luck in getting your boy home. Mal
- 2011-08-22 12:28 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Good luck Michelle. I agree with Jods, he will probably be much too wary of humans now and might even run from you :(
Sounds like this is definetely a good time for a portable barbecue. Everything crossed here for you x
- 2011-08-22 11:31 Jods
- have traps been tried yet??? as soon as i get chance i will be down to help look with my gang of springers, he is probably too wary of people now to risk coming to close, maybe other dogs will encourage him.....?? i caught u stray dog that had been missin for weeks just by sitting in a nearby field with my dogs and a lovely smelly picnic....good luck, fingers crossed for u x
- 2011-08-22 10:10 marianne
- come on oscar hope your found soon keep watching this lovely boy if no luck by end off sept i will travel down from east sussex and spend a wk down there and help in the search for him come on oscar time to come home
- 2011-08-22 07:58 Spindle
- Praying that this is the lead that owners need, need this boy home before winter sets in. Everything crossed.
- 2011-08-22 07:50 Reynard
- Oh! come on Oscar lots of peeps looking for you , show your self xxx
SHARE everyone ,,,please xLast edited: 2011-08-22 07:52:38 by Reynard
- 2011-08-22 00:07 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Michelle Kellington-Hand
I have not long had a call from a young lady saying that she saw Oscar in Roche 2 weeks ago and it was definately him. She was about 3 meters away from hima dn tried to entice him but he would not come and ran off into a field, she tried to follow him but lost him. She also said that he had been running in the road but cars had slowed down for him. Oscar hasn't got alot of road sense at all as there is only one road where we live and that is not used much. So scared for my boy. If any of the group members are in the St Austell/Par/Roche/St Dennis/Trethurgy area PLEASE encourage your friends to join the group and keep a look out for him also to carry our contact numbers around with them just incase they see him while out and about.
bumped due to this sighting. Show yourself again Oscar. Keep safe xxx
- 2011-08-17 20:31 Reynard
- Good Luck Michelle & Jon xxx
- 2011-08-17 17:11 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi guinness'mum. I'm there for a week commencing 19th Sept - literally on the doorstep, so won't get chance to meet up with you I'm afraid. We'll be walking our 2 dogs all over the place, so hopefully might spot Oscar if he's not been caught by then x
- 2011-08-17 16:40 guinness'mum
- Barney'n'Ozzies mum,when are you there,we are in oct maybe a search party ??? Hopefully Oscars home before then though
- 2011-08-17 16:09 dawny
- I look at oscars page every day, i hope this lovely boy is found soon, stay safe until then sweet boy XX
- 2011-08-17 12:29 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I'm on tenterhooks here, so goodness knows how you must be feeling!! Come on Oscar, I'll be down there on hols in a few weeks and would love the chance to meet you xx
- 2011-08-17 12:20 Michelleand Jon
- Jon took another phone call this morning from a lady who live near the st dennis area, herself and her son followed a dog matching our oscars description travelling towards rosevear caravan/ holiday park, a few days ago. Estimated migeage from previous sighting about 6km directly. Getting posters out there after work. I feel we are getting closer to getting him back home, GOD I hope so.
- 2011-08-16 22:20 Beanie245
- With you every step of the way in our similar search for Tucker .... praying for 'BLUE' for you too!!x
- 2011-08-16 19:36 janiejewel1649
- Hope Oscar will be found soon and reunited
- 2011-08-16 17:54 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Bumped- another possible sighting of Oscar. fingers crossed for more and for them to be confirmed as him so we can formulate a plan, come on Oscar, stay safe and show yourself again xxx
- 2011-08-16 13:57 Michelleand Jon
- Just had a message on Oscar's FB group
Lisa Taylor - Went out for a drive last night around the Bethel area, as son may have seen Oscar in the chapelfields area on Sunday. However, we did not spot him, but will keep an eye out for you x
- 2011-08-16 10:09 jann
- Good luck, fingers crossed xx
- 2011-08-16 09:40 Michelleand Jon
- No news at the moment. Went over to post fliers through doors yesterday. Spoke with a farmer who is going to keep an eye out for him. Also spoke the the people who are doing the circus at the Eden Project for the summer, they too are keeping a look out.
Thank you all for your best wishes it helps us keep going. xxLast edited: 2011-08-16 12:54:45 by Michelleand Jon
- 2011-08-15 21:09 jenny4
- Any news at all?
- 2011-08-15 16:04 Vizsla55
- Got everything crossed here - getting cramp - please be Oscar - Good luck xx
- 2011-08-15 13:36 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Keeping everything crossed for you Michelle & Jon. Good luck. Jan x
- 2011-08-15 07:50 Reynard
- Mum & Dad are on their way so stay put Oscar!x
Good Luck Michelle & Jon xxxLast edited: 2011-08-15 07:51:14 by Reynard
- 2011-08-14 23:39 jobadger
- I so hope this is your boy. You've had so many ups and downs - you deserve all the luck in the world. Paws crossed here. xx
- 2011-08-14 21:44 Flo
- Got my fingers and toes crossed that this is Oscar!!!! x
- 2011-08-14 20:44 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Please, please be Oscar!! Everything crossed for you here Michelle and Jon xx
- 2011-08-14 19:48 jenny4
- Fingers crossed its him xx
- 2011-08-14 19:18 bazil
- Posting Oscar again to my FB Newquay group, hope this is him in St Austell..everything crossed xx
- 2011-08-14 15:18 Michelleand Jon
- It was me that posted it. Had the call about 10 minutes ago.
- 2011-08-14 15:18 Michelleand Jon
- It was me that posted it. Had the call about 10 minutes ago.
- 2011-08-14 15:11 mumstaxi
- i didnt receive the voicemail its was taken from missing dogs fb x
- 2011-08-14 15:11 mumstaxi
Just had a voicemail from a lady saying she thinks she has seen Oscar yesterday on Grain Lane, near St Austell. When she tried to get him he was very skittish and ran off down the A391 towards Par. Anyone in that area please keep a look out and give us a call 07751 208298
- 2011-08-11 15:53 Shelly
- I hope you find him soon, my dog has also been missing since april this year. hey must be out there somewhere.. good luck x
- 2011-08-11 06:53 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Oscar is featured in I Shoot and Fish E-zine page 80, along with Petula who is missing from Bath Cat and Dogs Home.
- 2011-08-08 11:12 angi
- you are doing so well xx Wish I lived closer to help.Come on boy show yourself x
- 2011-08-07 19:58 Michelleand Jon
- 6 months today and my boy still isn't home. Come on boy show yourself to someone who knows were looking for you. I love you my gorgeous Oscar xxx
- 2011-08-06 15:44 cloudy
- hi Michelle
Cloud is home, we didnt stop over in the end because she was a bit wobegone so traveled there and back in the day, hell of a journey more than 700 miles in all, but not one i weould do agian tomorrow if it meant getting her back. she seems unaffected by her experience and fair a lot better than i thought, thereinstinct must really kick in.
Mentioned Oscar to Adrian and Gary the wardens and i am sure if he is sighted they will do all in their power to find him. They went all out for Cloud, working in their own time and were really tenacious, so he was lost in a good bit of the county for wardens Thinking of you dont give up hope it happened for us xxx
- 2011-08-04 20:20 Reynard
- This was posted on Sammy Baileys (Lost Stoke-On-Trent) page a Springer 31260, might be worth checking
27 July 21:35
Info: worth checking out if you have lost a springer spaniel : Possibly 3 Springers picked up by Dog Warden today at St Day, Cornwall.White in colour with Liver If you have lost your dog please contact Cornwall Council tel 0300 1234212 Last edited: 2011-08-04 20:21:53 by Reynard
- 2011-08-03 23:52 angi
- good luck with the fliers. Come on boy follow Cloud into the blue! xx
- 2011-08-03 23:35 bazil
- Brilliant news about Cloud, Oscar next pleeeze xxx
- 2011-08-03 17:31 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Great news about Cloud and so pleased you're going to have Jackie on board now -really kind of her. Was going to suggest putting fliers thru doors in Loveny Close area, but you're obvously ahead of me on that one -keeping everything crossed for you that this brings you some positive news xx
- 2011-08-03 12:35 Flo
- Really really hope it does!!! You definitely deserve to get your boy home now x
- 2011-08-02 21:54 Michelleand Jon
- There is hope for us yet. Jackie has had a call saying they found Cloud. She is going to help us with Oscar. She said when she contact everyone to tell them she has found Cloud she is also going to give them Oscar's details just incase I may have missed someone.
I have had some postcard fliers done so going to deliver them to houses round and about St Neot especially Loveny Close where is was sighted on Saturday. Hopefully this will bring some news.
- 2011-08-01 10:52 bazil
- Hi, gutted about it being a fox.....re possible sighting of Oscar....wondering if any travellers in your area because they usually have jack russells and let them roam around, Oscar could be with them...just a thought as same thing was reported to me about Meg a cocker who went missing, we had a possible sighting??? she was seen a week later running with a jack russell who we know comes from a travellers site and ventures out by himself for about a mile across fields. Then we had another possible sighting of her being seen on the beach with what is thought to be travellers. Meg is still missing. May be worth checking xxx
- 2011-07-31 20:16 Reynard
- Good Luck! xxx
- 2011-07-30 23:26 angi
- shame about the fox but doesn't explain the white fur on the branch as before.He must have been there recently?. Well done for stopping to help the staffie and pups.:-) xx
- 2011-07-30 22:30 Michelleand Jon
- Lisa and I staked out the trap to find it was a fax moving me t-shirt and the blanket. Would have never had thought a young fox would move my t-shirt must like my scent.
Had a call of a sighting at 7.15pm this evening od a dog matching description of Oscar running with a white jack russell going down Loveny Close at St Neot. Went across looking for him but couldn't see him. But did come acrossa staffie running down the road with 4 puppies. A kind lady took them in as who we thought were the owners were out.
- 2011-07-30 10:46 jann
- Please, please let Oscar be back with Michelle and Jon today xx
- 2011-07-30 10:26 cloudy
- so completely pleased that you have had such progress. Oscar certainly has got the best of owners and i am sure all your efforts will be rewarded. Come on Oscar show your self xxxx
- 2011-07-29 22:45 jobadger
- I so wish you all the luck in the world tonight. I so hope it's your boy and you've got him home tomorrow. xxx
- 2011-07-29 21:42 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Good luck tonight Michelle and Jon. Hoping for good news when I sign in tomorrow. If this Oscar he is certainly one very clever boy not to have set the trap off! Perhaps he's even watching you set it from his hiding place :)
- 2011-07-29 21:37 Maggie
- I do hope it's Oscar and that the weather is kind to you if you are staying all night! Hope for good news when I sign on tomorrow. xx
- 2011-07-29 20:49 angi
- everything crossed for a successful stake out and see Oscar in the blue tomorrow morning. If this is him I wonder how the little minx is getting the food out without getting caught !! xx
- 2011-07-29 15:47 Jack Russell 4
- Best of luck with the stake out tonight, stay positive. Just wish I was near you then maybe I could help you find your beautiful boy. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Come on boy hurry home and stay safe xxx
- 2011-07-29 11:26 Michelleand Jon
- Baited trap last night with alsorts of smelly goodies. Raw liver, hotdog sausages, bacon bites, smoked salmon and even a rabbit. The trap was set off this morning nothing inside except half an eaten rabbit. Blanket and T-shirt moved again. Stake out tonight.
- 2011-07-27 22:01 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I'm sure you already know this, but if it is Oscar, don't be surprised if he doesn't recognise you straight away, so take everything very slowly and quietly so as not to spook him! Wishing you all the luck in the world - you really deserve it xx
- 2011-07-27 16:59 Spindle
- How about little tent and barbie nearby on friday? So so hope it is him and this is the week he will get home.
- 2011-07-27 12:44 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Yes, I keep checking on here too hoping to see he's finally been caught!!Come on Oscar, PLEASE give yourself up xx
- 2011-07-27 10:54 jann
- Ohhh you are so close now ... I keep praying and checking here, keep going. Sending you loads of positive energy. Come on Oscar xxxxx Jan
- 2011-07-27 10:05 Michelleand Jon
- Arrrh so frustrating. The blanekt has been moved agin and trap set off but no food taken. Also newly scented t-shirt moved from under tree finally found it about 20m away. Going to stay out Friday and hopefully see whats happening.
- 2011-07-26 23:45 Flo
- Keeping all my fingers and toes crossed you are reunited with your boy in the morning!
- 2011-07-26 23:34 Maggie
- So hoping this is Oscar and he comes back tonight. Would be lovely to read good news tomorrow. xx
- 2011-07-26 23:24 jobadger
- Please God let this be your boy. Thinking of you all - good luck. xx
- 2011-07-26 23:23 Michelleand Jon
- The blanket had been moved out of the trap again tonight when I went to set with pole as advised. Hopefully with any luck I will get my boy home by morning.
- 2011-07-26 22:48 scootjockey
- Please God bring him home. Good luck tonight guys love gail and mark.xx
- 2011-07-26 21:54 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Please let this be Oscar so that his mum and dad can get off what must seem to them to be a never ending rollercoaster ride! Everything tightly crossed here xx
- 2011-07-26 21:52 Spindle
- Praying this is the night we gets home.
- 2011-07-26 21:49 bazil
- Good luck for tonight, please let this be Oscar xxx
- 2011-07-26 20:09 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- bumping due to movement at trap site, bait taken, trap set off , scented t shirt moved and bedding dragged outside of trap- white dog fur also snagged on same branch as before. have advised resetting and baiting slightlty differently as well as introducing sticks within trap for whoever is going in to step over onto tread plate-slowing their exit and making sure treadplate hopefully is depressed. good luck Michelle - sending you every bit of luck tonight that it is Oscar and he isnt to scared too return xxx Last edited: 2011-07-26 20:13:13 by ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- 2011-07-22 16:58 Michelleand Jon
- We have a fault on our home phoneline which also means no internet. If anyone has a sighting or any news about Oscar please contact the mobile numbers above. Thank you xx
- 2011-07-21 14:03 Michelleand Jon
- So hard like you would not believe. There hasn't been a day go by without tears falling. I have made a short video and put this on facebook and asked people to share this. If anyone is not already a member of Oscars group on facebook, please feel free to join. xx
- 2011-07-20 13:24 Maggie
- We keep thinking about Oscar. Hoping you have some luck soon, it must be very hard.
- 2011-07-20 11:20 Michelleand Jon
- Nothing in the trap this morning. But I'm keeping going. I have to find my boy, I will make it my lifes mission to find him. Really happy Ruby is home, she had alot of people helping her on her FB page.
- 2011-07-19 20:33 Jill
- Fingers crossed for a good week this week. Ruby EBT home safe and sound today! Come on Oscar x
- 2011-07-15 16:25 scootjockey
- Hi ,really wanting your dog to be the next dog on found/re-united.I first thought the found dog welshie was Tay then thought it was your oscar.I,, really hope its our turns soon.Every dog has its day and its high time oscar and tay had theirs.Come on boys its time for home now.Best wishes gail and mark.xx
- 2011-07-15 16:16 Flo
- Bet the cat was a bit shocked!!!! Come on Oscar your turn now x
- 2011-07-15 13:36 Michelleand Jon
- I checked on the trap this morning and we managed to catch a cat. I'm not giving up that easy though cos the cat may have got there before him. Plus don't think a cat would move a t-shirt. Going to set it again later and with any luck not catch a cat again but catch our Oscar.
- 2011-07-14 22:59 Flo
- I am keeping everything crossed for you both. I really really hope this is your boy and your not disappointed again. You all deserve to be reunited so so much. Come on Oscar be brave, come back and go in the trap! x x x x
- 2011-07-14 22:50 Reynard
- Come on Oscar !!!
- 2011-07-14 22:16 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Wow! Been away for a few days and just logged in to see if there was any news on Oscar. Keeping everything tightly crossed here for you! Come on Oscar, please let it be you xx
- 2011-07-14 22:16 angi
- hoping and praying this is Oscar. You are doing so much to find your boy xx
- 2011-07-14 00:06 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- You have been on such a rollercoaster ride and my heart goes out to you. Just keep working thru each thing as it comes - you are doing so well. A truly wonderful doggie parent. I bet Oscar is so proud of you, wherever he is. They know, you know! Far more clever than us humans. I have everything crossed for you. At least you're feeding someone and hopefully it is Oscar. At some point, it has to be him. x
- 2011-07-13 23:23 Michelleand Jon
- Food has been taken again so baited again tonight and getting a friend to help me move the trap tomorrow. I'm praying this is Oscar but trying not to get my hopes up too much because the letdown hurts. Come on my Oscar boy if this is you, keep coming back for food.
- 2011-07-13 22:12 jann
- Please let this be Oscar, fingers tighly crossed for you xx
- 2011-07-12 20:40 Maggie
- Please, please be Oscar - will be sending even more positive thoughts his way. xx
- 2011-07-12 16:06 Flo
- OMG me too!!!! Good luck keeping everything crossed for you both x
- 2011-07-12 11:27 bazil
- Praying this is Oscar and you have him back home with you soon xx
- 2011-07-12 10:00 Michelleand Jon
- The food at the hiding place has been taken and my t-shirt moved from in the selter. Going to bait it again later and see if it is taken tonight then move the trap. I really hope this is my Oscar.
- 2011-07-10 21:42 Reynard
- Come on Oscar me lad time to pop that beautiful head up, Mum & Dad are on their way xxx
- 2011-07-10 10:12 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- bumping as in media again. someone somewhere has to know where he is. Come on Oscar, show yourself x
- 2011-07-09 09:24 Michelleand Jon
- Thank you. Oscar is in the Bodmin Banner which is free and delivered to about 5000 homes, so hope we hear something of his whereabouts. Off out searching again today.
- 2011-07-07 17:40 jann
- Good luck, be positive, you will get your boy back xx
- 2011-07-07 10:43 LoopyLurcher
- Hoping you find Oscar v soon. I will keep looking out for him when visiting friend in area. I would try everything too x
- 2011-07-06 22:20 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- I would try anything too, but don't get too caught up in one and ignore others. Anything is worth a try, absolutely. Let's hope one of the "anythings" leads you back to Oscar. x
- 2011-07-06 21:10 Maggie
- Been thinking about you today down by the Eden project. Hope you get some success. I agree with you, try anything, you never know and some people have amazing abilities. xx
- 2011-07-06 20:06 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Keeping everything crossed here for you! Unfortunately my daughter didn't spot him when she was down there last week, nor Cloud or Sky, but I'll be down myself in a few weeks time and will have a good scout around if they are still missing then xLast edited: 2011-07-06 20:07:43 by Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- 2011-07-06 19:33 Flo
- Good luck! x
- 2011-07-06 12:53 Michelleand Jon
- Off towards the Eden project to go searching for Oscar as a Dowser has said he has located him on a map between 2 farms. Willing to try anything to get my boy home.
- 2011-06-30 15:22 Jayne - Head Office
- poster e mailed to helpers in PL 22,23,24,25.
- 2011-06-29 21:50 Maggie
- We look every day to see if you have good news. Our thoughts are with you, stay strong.
- 2011-06-29 15:29 Flo
- I am so so sorry you haven't had any further news, you are doing such an amazing job at trying to find your beautiful boy. Really hope you get that all important phone call very very soon, you both certainly deserve it x
- 2011-06-27 21:35 Michelleand Jon
- Everything has gone so quiet, no sightings at all. Nothing from the media coverage either. He can't have just vanished. I worry about him all the time, wonder what he is doing, if he is with anybody, if he is safe, warm and not hungry. Want our boy home so much. I love you my gorgeous Oscar boy xxx
- 2011-06-25 00:50 bazil
- You are doing so much to get your Oscar home, hope its not long now xx
- 2011-06-24 19:48 Michelleand Jon
- Thank you Beanie, the more people looking the better chance we will get to get him home. Not to panic about the lorry poster but thank you for asking.
Bodmin Banner have offered us a free advert, this will hit around 5000 homes. I cannot thank them and you all for the support you are giving us.
- 2011-06-24 18:05 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Thanks Beanie- its very much appreciated that you and your other driver are keeping watch for us.Larger companies quite often do not allow postering in or around their shops or vehicles as company policy so no worries there.:o)
- 2011-06-24 17:58 Beanie
- Rolled through from A30 to St Neot via the lake a few times in the last week, nothing to report :-(
other driver is also aware, unfortunately I been told not allowed poster on lorry.Last edited: 2011-06-24 17:59:02 by Beanie
- 2011-06-24 17:00 Reynard
- Good luck Michelle & Jon xxx
- 2011-06-24 14:54 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Great idea! Wishing you all the luck in the world xx
- 2011-06-24 12:49 DebsAndGreg
- Good luck for this evening, hope the smelly food brings him out.
- 2011-06-24 12:37 Michelleand Jon
- I shall be heading out towards St Neot this evening, as things have gone very quiet on the sightings. Oscar maybe only coming out at dusk and dawn. Going to get some smelly food cooking and try to entice him out of hiding.
- 2011-06-23 19:40 Maggie
- Michelle & Jon, you are doing so well keeping Oscars face in the news and on peoples mind. Every day we think about him and you, hoping you will hear positive news.
Come on little Oscar, time to come home. xx
- 2011-06-23 14:50 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Well Oscar has made it into the Cornish Guardian again courtesy of Mr Jesse Foot, manager of Bodmin library. How kind of him to take the time to research Oscar, his facebook page and his page on doglost, as well as seeing the posters and his other mentions in the media. Here's the link to his view of Oscar and dogs in general. http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln6m9orNrg1qd3louo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1308920317&Signature=ahniflBqQSKrJBPLTZu3Sl6WjBs%3D
bumping due to media coverage
- 2011-06-22 16:40 Michelleand Jon
- We have nothing to report, no calls or sightings. We were really hoping that we may have heard something by now. Please come home boy xxx
- 2011-06-20 22:44 dinkydoodle
- I have just watched on the link - at least this is publicity, just a shame the council are not happy with the posters being up, just for 1 complaint - ridiculous. Really hoping the news brings news of Oscar.
- 2011-06-20 22:41 scootjockey
- Gutted for you i know what your going through,Thoughts are with all those who have lost or had their dogs stolen.Best wishes gail xx
- 2011-06-20 22:04 Michelleand Jon
- No problem, you beat me to it xxx
- 2011-06-20 21:32 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Michelle, hope you don't mind me putting the link on.
- 2011-06-20 18:27 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Really hoping the TV coverage brings news of Oscar x
- 2011-06-20 18:16 jann
- Just seen West Country News - so hope this brings Oscar back to you, thinking of you xx
- 2011-06-20 12:17 angi
- I really hope so much that this brings the break through you deserve. Everything tightly crossed xx
- 2011-06-20 11:13 Michelleand Jon
- ITV have just been out to film we have appealled for help to find Oscar. It is going to be aired tonight. I shall find a link and put this on here and Oscar is Missing FB Group. From this we are praying that if anyone has picked him up or know where he is they will be in touch.
- 2011-06-19 12:03 Michelleand Jon
- Thank you Tia. We have contacted the farmers we know about Oscar and they have also contacted the other farmers. There are so many barns and out buildings around so hopefully if a farmer comes across him they will contact us.
- 2011-06-19 11:39 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Have you checked to see if he's got a den in an old barn or shed? Perhaps you could ask farmers to check their outbuildings for you.
I've given my daughter posters of Oscar, Sky and Cloud as she will be down there next week. Fingers crossed you get a sighting soon xx
- 2011-06-19 11:22 Tia604
- We are leasing a property near St Breward where Oscar went missing. Will send a poster and ask folk to look out for him and will ensure I take several long walks with my little apaniel bitch if he is still wandering next time I am down on the moor
- 2011-06-17 23:13 Reynard
- Thanks Beanie your a star x
This has to be good news for 'our' Oscar that we have Beanie looking out for him.
Well done Michelle & Jon!Last edited: 2011-06-19 19:54:34 by Reynard
- 2011-06-17 21:24 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Excellent news! Everything crossed. xxx
- 2011-06-17 20:26 angi
- it's brilliant that you are now on board to help Michelle and Jon now Beanie as you probably saw Oscar and as a driver in the area may see him again or know someone who has. You can see from here they have been trying so hard to find him and have loads of support. Unfortunately a lot of us are hundreds of miles away and are not there in person to help look for their boy. Fingers crossed he can be found soon xx
- 2011-06-17 19:20 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Dog was very similar in all aspects to Oscar except poss a bit bigger and slightly longer haired, dog was viewed by Jon(not sure how close) We cannot rule out that this was not Oscar though as he is a young dog and living outside will i'm sure develop suitable "attire" for the outdoor living conditions.i've text Michelle your email address but cannot get hold of her atm- like you say the signal round there is intermittent! Thank you so much for all your help.This sort of detailed info is really really helpful.
- 2011-06-17 19:10 Beanie
- All nicely within my deivery area. Shame the phone signal doesn't accompany it.
Can i ask the dog viewed in St Neot on the 15th . . was it a stray? it could be the St Neot sightings were all of a different dog.
Further to my sighting in May his route was: Down Tripp Hill, past the school, wee'd in someones garden! truned right into Loveny Close and across a field (Public Walkway) heading towards Lampen Road.Last edited: 2011-06-17 19:13:45 by Beanie
- 2011-06-17 18:58 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- link to map of where Oscar is believed to have been sighted http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=212775304372259590062.0004a5622848eec1143b1&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=11
- 2011-06-17 18:55 Beanie
- No Problem
- 2011-06-17 18:49 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Thanks Beanie, i will get Michelle or Jon to contact you asap if thats ok with you.
- 2011-06-17 18:43 Beanie
I am the Jewson driver who reported seeing Oscar in St Neot last month, i deliver in that area alot and have spoken to a builder on Tripp Hill who said he saw the same dog again last Friday (10th). I cannot confirm however this was Oscar.
Have you got a map showing the reported sightings and the dates?. . there might be a pattern, i ask as when i saw him it was as if he knew where he was going, and since he may have been seen in the same location a few weeks later it might be worth a shot.
- 2011-06-17 17:51 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- ITV West Country are coming out to see Michelle & Jon on Monday because of Oscar's story in Cornish Guardian. Hopefully if someone has picked Oscar up, we will hear something from it.
- 2011-06-17 16:22 angi
- Brilliant!! Hope it brings some positive news xx
- 2011-06-17 16:17 Jayne - Head Office
- Oscar has got some coverage from Richard Littlejohn in the Daily Mail...well done owner...
- 2011-06-16 23:33 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Been wracking my brains all night on some of these dogs. Just a thought, but often things can be hidden in plain sight. Maybe work on finding any person who has aquired a spaniel in the last 4 months in surrounding areas, as sometimes public don't connect that the new dog next door being walked is THE dog that is missing. People do take dogs in as with Pippa the collie, just been reunited. I'll keep thinking............ x
- 2011-06-16 22:53 Michelleand Jon
- Been out searching again this evening and check onhiding place but nothing. Not heard anything from the newspapers either.
- 2011-06-16 18:35 angi
- I'm so sorry this wasn't your boy but his turn will come. I really feel he will be home. Thinking of you xx
- 2011-06-16 13:47 Pixie
- Have been keeping my eye on Oscar's progress and completely understand your emotional roller coaster as I am going through to same trying to find my boy, Jaxx. Hope the publicity helps and that your beloved boy is back with you soon. Fingers are always crossed that all the lost and stolen doggies find their owners soon. x
- 2011-06-16 10:50 Michelleand Jon
- Devastated that this was not Oscar. This emotional rollarcoaster is taking its toll,one minute excited that it maybe him and the next down that its not him. I am determined that I will find my Oscar, if it kills me. There is a piece in the Daily Telegraph today page 11 about Oscar's posters and the council but no photo of him or contact details. It should all be about Oscar not the complaints (but I suppose this has helped with publicity for him) Good thing is though they have mentioned this website so I do hope there will be more views that could lead to getting Oscar home, also for all the other missing dogs that owners are working so hard to get back.
- 2011-06-15 22:33 bazil
- Michelle and Jon I am gutted for you both. So sorry this boy wasn't your Oscar. I really do think Oscar will be home soon, we know he is out there and after all the publicity he has getting lately and more to come, there will be many more people keeping a look out for him. Stay safe Oscar xx
- 2011-06-15 22:14 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Oh no, heaven only knows how you must be feeling :(
Sadly it wasn't to be Oscar's day today, but his turn WILL come. My daughter will be down there in just over a week now and will keep a look out for him as she and her boyfriend will be doing a lot of walking in the area. Please come home now Oscar x
- 2011-06-15 21:59 jann
- So sorry this wasn't your boy, thinking of you xx
- 2011-06-15 20:53 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- I know you must be so distraught, but Oscar is out there somewhere and you are doing so well, you are getting sightings of dogs, and at some point it will be HIM. You never know if that "just one more" poster, will be the one that leads you to him. If wishes could get him home now, he would have been back before he went! So many people care and so many people are with you through all of this. Hang in there, you deserve to find him and you will. Just wish it was NOW!!! Come on Oscar baby, come home! xxx
- 2011-06-15 20:07 Flo
- Oh no thats such a shame! He is out there somewhere, fingers crossed you will get another sighting of your lovely boy soon x
- 2011-06-15 20:05 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- The confirmed sighting isnt Oscar :( totally gutted. Michelle and Jon have seen the dog-and its not him. Devastated is an understatement, i really feel for you both. xxx
- 2011-06-15 19:57 Flo
- Wahoo fantastic! Fingers crossed he hung around! Come on Oscar home time! x
- 2011-06-15 18:39 Reynard
- Brilliant ! Come on Oscar me lad time to go to Mum & Dad! xxx
- 2011-06-15 17:51 Angus Admin & Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- Ohh come on Oscar - fingers crossed Jon & Michelle
- 2011-06-15 17:49 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- OMG!! Keeping EVERYTHING POSSIBLE crossed here!!! Can't wait for an update from Michelle and Jon. Please let yourself be caught tonight Oscar!!!!!
- 2011-06-15 17:45 jobadger
- Gosh - I hope you're lucky and bring him home tonight! Everything crossed here. xx
- 2011-06-15 17:35 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Definate sighting of Oscar at 5.10 at st Neot! Jon and Michelle are on their way over there now. wishing them the very best of luck xxx come on lad xxx
- 2011-06-15 17:01 Reynard
- Come on Oscar time to show for Mum & Dad xxx
- 2011-06-15 16:10 Michelleand Jon
- We haven't heard anything yet from the newspaper but it only came out this morning and people have yet to come back from work. We have been contacted by Nick Irving a journalist from Exeter who also wants to do a story on Oscar to help spread the news further afield. Come on my Oscar boy please, please show yourself to a reader of the article, so we can get you home safe where you belong.
- 2011-06-15 10:36 Angus Admin & Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- Oscar is in todays - This is Cornwall paper and online
- 2011-06-14 21:53 angi
- we are all rooting for Oscar...come on boy!! jaxx the dalmation lost near my area wawsn't seen for over 3 weeks. Like where you are it is very rural with lots of cover and bunnies to catch. He has now been seen a few times this week so hopefully it will be the same for Oscar. Oscar has been seen in the same area more than once so it's probable he is moving in a triangle route. What you don't know is how long it will take him to get around his 'circuit'. The odds are that he will return to this spot hopefully very soon. Thinking of you xx
- 2011-06-14 13:42 Maggie
- We look every day in the hope that you have found him. You deserve to get him back after all of your efforts. Too far away to help, but we think positive thoughts all the time for you and Oscar. Come on Oscar we are all willing you to be found. xx
- 2011-06-14 12:04 Michelleand Jon
- Could never give up on our boy, love him far too much. There has been no activity at the hiding place, no food taken and nothing bedded down on my t-shirt. I am really hoping that if Oscar is moving in a triangular route that it won't be too long before he is in that area. Not had any sightings for 3 weeks. Come on my gorgeous Oscar boy show yourself to some nice people. xx
- 2011-06-14 00:50 scootjockey
- Reading Oscars posts and really feel for you guys .Encouraging you to keep on keeping on!Paid off for Mia and her dedicated family and against all the Odd`s stacked up against them.Best wishes from rule breaker gail.xxx
- 2011-06-12 17:47 DebsAndGreg
- Here's hoping that the posters bring some more sightings and Oscar home soon. Come on Oscar home time now xx
- 2011-06-12 11:29 Reynard
- Good luck Michelle & Jon perhaps you dont need the posters any more your 'gut feelings' & inner strength' will see you right! So fingers Crossed , come on Oscar time to go home xxx
- 2011-06-11 20:40 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Oscar is in the monthly journal gazette. Jon & Michelle have been at the Royal Cornwall Show today and handed out posters for Oscar. Come on Oscar, home time please xxx
- 2011-06-10 20:00 Maggie
- Oh dear, I've just had an e mail from Mr Rogerson's secretary telling me in no uncertain terms that it is against parliamentary rules to handle any case for someone outside the members constituency, i.e. they will not even consider my e mail. So this issue has to be raised by Michelle & Jon, and I would ask anyone in that constituency to add their weight to the issue by also writing.
I'm so sorry Michelle & Jon, I can't help you. I'd go to the press and local TV news if I was in your shoes, gives the MP a chance to look good by being the 'night in shining armour' and if this involved positive publicity for him it might help your cause.
- 2011-06-10 13:25 Maggie
- Michelle & Jon, no problem, but please don't put my personal details (don't include e mail address, full name etc - I'm very cautious with my personal details on the internet). You should be able to copy and paste the body/words of the letter without my details.
I've had a reply from Mr Rogersons secretary today asking for my postal address before he will even look at my letter, so you need to ask people to include their address when sending e mails to Mr Rogerson.
I've sent my address to him, but as I live a couple of hundred miles out of area a few e mails from local people would probably help. An article in your local papers wouldn't go amiss if they are still harassing you, it's just cruel of them and in these days of cut backs I would want my local council spending my money more wisely.
Fingers crossed for Oscar, he's more important than the local council bods worrying about posters.
Last edited: 2011-06-10 13:26:21 by Maggie
- 2011-06-10 10:22 Michelleand Jon
- Would it be ok Maggie if I copied your email on the Oscar's facebook page? Would give people an idea of what to write to Mr Rogerson.
I left some food at the hiding place last night in the hope that he maybe nearby and come and take some but when I checked this morning it was still there. Scented again and left clothing tied to a tree. Not heard anything for nearly 3 weeks now. I hope my little boy is ok and not hurt.
- 2011-06-09 22:57 Maggie
- Come on Oscar, show yourself, you'll feel much better at home with mum & dad. Thinking & sending positive thoughts to you & Oscar. Good luck!
p.s. I've had no reply so far from Dan Rogerson, MP re the postering problems. If you get further pressure maybe more people could press Mr Rogerson for help.
- 2011-06-09 19:03 Flo
- wow this does sound promising! Come on Oscar let your mummy find you now! x
- 2011-06-08 17:07 jann
- Sounds promising, good luck ! xxLast edited: 2011-06-08 17:07:55 by jann
- 2011-06-08 16:28 angi
- I agree it sounds very promising! :-) maybe you can find space to disguise the trap nearby. xx
- 2011-06-08 12:34 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Michelleand Jon. This does sound promising! I'm sure you don't need reminding, but make sure to scent the area and leave an item of clothing with your scent on nearby. Come on Oscar, time to go home now xx
- 2011-06-08 12:04 Michelleand Jon
- Jane (ESSJ Beds) and I think we may have found one of Oscar's hiding places. It is a place where I kept getting drawn to so we went to investigate a little further and found some dog hair (Oscar's colour) on a tree branch. Feathers on the floor like a bird had been ate. Also Pippa and Bella were sniffing like mad around that area. Gonna keep checking and hopefully may come across him bedding down there one morning/evening
- 2011-06-07 23:47 bazil
- Keep coming here and checking for another sighting of Oscar, come boy let someone see you xxx
- 2011-06-07 23:07 Michelleand Jon
- Posted to vets again across Cornwall. There should be a article in the Cornish guardian next Wednesday on Oscar and Sky. Hopefully this will help us with some news of our babies xx
- 2011-06-06 00:27 Michelleand Jon
- We haven't had any further sightings of Oscar but we keep going as I could never give up on our boy, our best friend, our life's without him been with us.
Jan that is brilliant on having a story run on them both together and thats perfectly fine with us. If it helps getting one of our babies home it will make us smile. We will get them back, we don't know when or how but we'll never give up hope xx
- 2011-06-05 22:07 jann
- Have asked Cornish Guardian whether they will run story on Sky and Oscar (if that's ok with you). Jan xx
- 2011-06-05 12:40 Jennysmum
- Although this is far away from where I live I am following this and keep praying that Oscar is home soon. Our Jenny was missing for 5 nights and it was a living hell so I can't begin to imagine how you are coping after so long. As for those complaining abou the posters they would be better served using their voice to spread the word instead of complaining - sad People. Dogs are very resilient and I hope and pray that he will be back home with you soon xxx
- 2011-06-04 20:20 bazil
- Any news or new sightings of Oscar xx
- 2011-06-03 22:35 Michelleand Jon
- Thank you Maggie my email address is email@example.com
I will get this onto Oscar is missing facebook group to, then if others want to write they can do also. Thank you xx
- 2011-06-03 17:27 Maggie
- OK I've sent a non-confrontational e mail to Mr Rogerson, explaining the situation, expressing my dismay and asking for his help in this matter. Michelle and Jon - if you want a copy of the email I can send you a copy if you let me have an address to send it to. I could put a copy on this site, but it's rather long & may take up too much room?
Good luck & ignore the beaurocrats if you can.
- 2011-06-03 11:04 Michelleand Jon
- Dan Rogerson contact MP for North Cornwall details:-
4 Tower Street,
Telephone: 01566 777123
Fax: 01566 772122
- 2011-06-03 09:57 Michelleand Jon
- I have found this page on the Cornwall council website about the postering which has an email address. Still looking for local MP details.
- 2011-06-02 21:13 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- My local council let you put them on trees as long as NOT with drawing pins!! Wishing you all the luck in the world with your search at the weekend. Unfortunately I am over 200 miles away so unable to be with you, I will be holidaying literally on your doorstep in September - just wish I could bring it forward!! Come on Oscar, time to go home now xxLast edited: 2011-06-02 21:14:22 by Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- 2011-06-02 21:05 littlehelper
- When I was putting up poster for a lost dog, the council workers told me that I could only put them on trees and not on lamp post as that is fly posting good luck
- 2011-06-02 19:57 angi
- i agree with Reynard. I also feel they are trying to use the fly postering law and agree it does not apply here. I wish you luck with the article in the paper and this week end. I wish we didn't live so far away as I would be there in a shot. I will be sending lots of 'come home' vibes to Oscar and keeping everything tightly crossed. good luck will be thinking of you xx
- 2011-06-02 19:39 Reynard
- I dont think they can make you in law take posters down, they are probably trying to use the Fly Postering law and you are NOT fly posting as you will be taking them down once Oscar is found and you are NOT advertising or asking for money! I would add to the posters that 'Once Oscar Has Been Found You Will Be Taking The Posters Down'
This happened here in Swindon all puff and wind, some jobs worth, it went no where!
I would perhaps also say to the council that there are not enough Public Notice Boards provided and in the right places in fact it is holy inadequate to meet your needs & once they are put up in suitable places you will galdly use them ,,,,,Michelle & Jon dont let them grind you down they are just the heartless face of bureaucracy!
Good luck for the weekend we are routing for you xxx
Last edited: 2011-06-02 19:44:34 by Reynard
- 2011-06-02 18:50 jobadger
- I'm so sorry about the troubles you're having re. posters and the Council.
What sad lives some people lead - complaining about everyone and everything. There but for the grace of God.......
I hope Oscar's home soon and you can put all of this behind you. xx
- 2011-06-02 17:49 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
There is a piece about Oscar in the North Cornwall Advertiser, page 4.
hoping this will bring in fresh sightings to help us in our search at the weekend.
- 2011-06-02 11:41 angi
- I would also email or write in support.I really don't think you breaking any law. I can't believe how small minded the people where you live are. Well actually i can! one of the reasons I don't live there any more! we will help you all we can xx
- 2011-06-01 22:30 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I am definetely up for emailing a letter of complaint to the council! Perhaps the local paper would be interested to hear about this too? Wish I was closer to help you. Stay strong - we are all with you x
- 2011-06-01 19:54 Maggie
- What an outrageous act by the Council. The posters need to stay up whilst Oscar is missing. Would suggest that you contact your local concillors. Also if you are able to provide a name and contact e mail address I am sure many of us would e mail letters supporting you. The council need to sense the strength of feeling about this.
I'm so sorry for you, you do not need this. Sorry I am hundreds of miles away and cannot help otherwise.
- 2011-06-01 15:55 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- We are trying to get together a group of people willing to sit and observe places where Oscar is either known to have been sighted or is perhaps likely to cross- the plan so far is to meet up over the weekend. If anyone can help even for just a few hours on one of the days it would be hugely appreciated. Oscars event group is : https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/event.php?eid=134030950004491 Thanks xxx
- 2011-06-01 11:46 Michelleand Jon
- It was a lady called Debbie Esbary (Street Ranger) from Cornwall council at Bodmin that rang. She really did not want to have to call me about this (she must be a dog owner)but has been put under pressure from the public complaints and said she now has to look as she is acting on them. If only these peolpe who complained can step into my shoes for just one day and feel how I feel thay would change their minds instantly. Our family friend is a retired solicitor so seeking advice from him. Going to try the papers and local TV for some publicity that Oscar is still missing.
- 2011-06-01 10:54 bazil
- Disgusting but not suprising coming from jumped up council busybodies. Michelle I would not take the posters down and if they try to prosecute let them know you have thousands of people supporting you. Do try and check out the law but as far as I am aware you are requested to take them down once the lost animal is found. I am no expert though. You poor people as if you need this. Oscar son please show yourself xxx
- 2011-05-31 23:08 angi
- what total ****s can they actually do that though? or are they blowing hot air. They don't own all the land etc I don't know that they have that sort of total authority. May be worth checking your lawful position.Many solicitors will give half hour free or citizens advice bureau. Lots of house insurance policies have free legal help line also. My heart goes out to you both xx
- 2011-05-31 20:42 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- This has made me really angry!!! How heartless can people be - don't they have pets themselves, and what harm can the posters really be doing???? I wonder if they are as quick to arrange for litter collections? I would just LOVE to give the jumped up busy bodies a piece of my mind!!!!!!!!
- 2011-05-31 19:17 Michelleand Jon
- I have been ordered by the Council to take the posters down that are not on notice boards or shop windows and I have a week to do this or can be proscecuted. May I urge people who print off Oscar's posters to keep them in shop windows and notice boards, don't really want to be prosecuted. Took a few down and was saying sorry to Oscar on every one of them. Sometimes people can be so heartless unlike the community on here that have hearts of gold.Last edited: 2011-06-01 11:36:30 by Michelleand Jon
- 2011-05-31 19:12 Michelleand Jon
- I called them this is not Oscar the springer found has a docked tail.
- 2011-05-31 11:37 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Come on Oscar, we are all praying for you sweetheart. Keep up the brilliant work Michelle & Jon. He be may nearer than you think, keep going. x
- 2011-05-30 20:20 JeanC
- Details for them -
Our Animal Management Incident centre: 0845 241 7253 and it is staffed:
Sunday to Thursday 8am to 10pm
Friday and Saturday 8am to 12 midnight
Outside of these hours we operate a reduced service, please leave a message: your phone number, post code and details of your enquiry and we will call you back if we can help.
- 2011-05-30 16:54 bazil
- Is this worth checking on animal wardens, found 28/5/11 Exmouth, dog number 235612 male liver and white springer spaniel ???Last edited: 2011-05-30 17:15:56 by bazil
- 2011-05-30 09:49 Flo
- Even more reason for you to come home now Oscar!!! Your needed as a daddy. Really hope you get some news soon Michelleand Jon x
- 2011-05-30 08:39 Michelleand Jon
- Right my Oscar boy, you have to come home now sweetheart you can be a new daddy. Emmie has given birth to 5 beautiful girls and 1 gorgeous boy. Come on sweetie follow the scent home, I know its raining and its hard to smell but please try. Love you my gorgeous Oscar boy xx
- 2011-05-27 17:13 Flo
- Follow the scent Oscar! Come on you have been gone long enough x
- 2011-05-27 07:56 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Come on Oscar, time to give yourself up! You'll have my daughter on your tail if you're not back before her holiday down there, and she is one VERY determined young lady :-)
- 2011-05-26 21:19 Michelleand Jon
- I have scented from home over the fields down to De Lank river. The wind is very strong this evening so I am hoping with every last bit of my heart and soul that Oscar catches the scent and follows his nose home.
- 2011-05-25 09:24 Owl
- Dogs have a VERY good memory for smells so he won't have forgotten it.
- 2011-05-24 23:45 digbysmum
- Come on lovely Oscar - time to go home xx
- 2011-05-24 23:24 bazil
- Oscar son follow that scent and go home xx
- 2011-05-24 22:37 animal lover
- In one word 'Yes' please keep thinking positive that you are going to get Oscar back, wish I lived nearer to try to help xxx
- 2011-05-24 22:15 Michelleand Jon
- I have scented the sighted area's as much as I can. Also this evening the way up our drive. I hope he catches the scent and finds his way back. Do you think he will still know the scent after been missing for this long?
- 2011-05-24 20:19 Reynard
- Perhaps scent this route or on the triangle points and one leading up your garden path!
Good Luck xxx
- 2011-05-24 12:18 Michelleand Jon
- I do not mind you repeating this Angi it all helps as my head feels like a garbled mess. If Oscar has taken the river route he must has passed our house if he took the De Lank river route because this is only a field away.
- 2011-05-24 11:05 angi
- I know you have looked at all this probably a million times but sometimes someone else saying it helps clarify :-) I'm from that way myself( although further east) but have to admit haven't lived in the area for 25years. Looking at the map he is at the moment following a classic triangle.
from the sighting at St Neot he moved to Collingford probably following the river Loveny ...from there he can hook up with the river Fowey again and cross the A30 near Bolventor ( don't know if a village there) and follow the river most of the way to the lake maybe using the De Lank towards the end.... From the lake he can probably follows the Fowey all the way back to Siblyback lake and down to St Neot and so on. Plenty of water most the way and of course wild fowl and rabbits. Sorry if I'm repeating what you alresdy know! x
- 2011-05-24 10:12 Jayne - Head Office
- Amended poster e mailed to helpers in PL15,30,32,33,34,35 and EX23.
- 2011-05-23 22:34 Michelleand Jon
- Thank you Laura, when I spoke with the lady that reported the sighting she said it looked alot like the picture on Oscar's posters, a spaniel type of dog. I have been up to the Davidstow area this evening doing the bbq thing to try to attract sed dog but no joy.
- 2011-05-23 20:57 laura2001
- Just wanted to make you aware that a border terrier was lost on Davidstow airfield on 22/05 so the sighting at Crowdy reservoir may possibly have been this. (He has now been found).
- 2011-05-22 22:21 angi
- the lorry driver you said thought the dog looked very dark and he's probably quite dirty.It would be possible for him to cover that distance since the last sighting. he's still staying near water. Plenty of bunnies! x
- 2011-05-22 22:00 Michelleand Jon
- I spoke with the lady and she said it was at Crowdy reservoir which is near Davidstow. On this side of the A30 about 20 miles from the St Neot sightings. She could not tell me whether the dog was liver and white or black and white so I went out looking anyway. It feels like a wild goosechase with having nothing concrete to work on but I will go searching with every sighting in the hope that one of these sightings is my boy.
- 2011-05-22 21:51 Reynard
- Yes brilliant news, Posters rellly do their job thanks everyone!
- 2011-05-22 21:20 angi
- there seems to be a lot more sightings coming in now.I don't think i can get my fingers and everything else crossed any tighter!Come on Oscar mummy and daddy need you at home now x
- 2011-05-22 20:43 jobadger
- I'm pleased that you've had another positive sighting and that he's fit and active and healthy. Good luck this week - I really hope he's home soon. xx
- 2011-05-22 20:32 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Great that there has been another sighting.Oscar seems very active at this time of the day - just after 5pm - going to see if i can get some days off work to go down.I feel so helpless here :( Come on Oscar, it really is time to go home. i'm sure Emmie could use your help very soon xxx
- 2011-05-22 20:04 JeanC
- I will definitely be going to Colliford lake this week at some point with my dogs. I will take a packed lunch for me so i can stay longer this time !!
- 2011-05-22 18:58 bazil
- Come on Oscar son, stop running and get yourself home xx
- 2011-05-22 17:53 Jayne - Head Office
- Passed on ladies details to owners...she will update when she has spoken to her. All I got ( not knowing the area) is he was very fast and shot across the road chasing something...near the reservoir by the timber works.
- 2011-05-22 17:45 Jayne - Head Office
- Another sighting today...just phoned in to HQ...after holiday maker saw poster...well done to everyone who is putting them up...they do work...will contact owner now...
- 2011-05-20 14:51 Flo
- I am so pleased you have had new sightings! Really really hope you managed to catch him very soon, must be so frustrating. Come on Oscar you need to be with your family now x
- 2011-05-19 22:16 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
For anyone who did not see the programme this morning. Jan x
- 2011-05-19 21:38 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- So did i, everyone at work wondered what was going on when i shot out of the shop and into the house (to record the tv) had to explain when i got back, meanwhile one helpful customer told my staff if i wanted a dog they knew where they sold collie and spaniel pups locally and not to worry too much as they were sure i would find my dog.
Really hoping this raises awareness in the area.
Oscar is in the Camelford Post this week and also on their website.
If only sheer willpower could bring Oscar home, he'd be snuggled up there right now.fingers crossed he will be- very soon xxx
- 2011-05-19 21:08 Michelleand Jon
- I'll be going over to Colliford Tavern tomorrow they normally get quite a few in for the karaoke so will ask around. Fingers crossed someone will come good. I cried today when I get the text through that Oscar was on TV. I really that we hear something positive from this.
- 2011-05-19 18:03 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Looking for someone in (or who knows someone in) St Neot. Thinking of possibly moving one of the traps close to where he has been sighted- subject to it being able to be checked on a regular occasion and in a secure place.if you know anyone please contact Michelle/Jon. Thanks x
I looked at the map too after the first st neot sighting and the river is a good possibility for him to use
- 2011-05-19 17:31 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Just another thought - do you think if he is using the river he could get as far down as Trago Mills? There would be a good source of food for him there, so might be worth putting up some posters in the carpark and stores..
- 2011-05-19 17:11 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Michelleand Jon. Just been having a look at a map and if the recent sighting in St Neot is Oscar, he could be travelling between Colliford Lake and St Neot along the river (map shows it as St Neot River or River Loveny). Not unusual for dogs on the loose to stick by water, plus it will be a lot quieter than travelling by roads.
- 2011-05-19 13:55 Reynard
- & Stitch 29533 was mentioned apparently
Good luck all!!!!
- 2011-05-19 12:15 angi
- brilliant news!! Brook (29259)was on there too. Lets hope two gorgeous boys are home with their families very soon xxLast edited: 2011-05-19 13:55:34 by Reynard
- 2011-05-19 12:05 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- so pleased to see you managed to get Oscar on the programme Michelle. Thanks for the phonecall to tell me he was going to be on x hope it will bring more news of him xxx
- 2011-05-19 11:43 ellejay
- Also just seen Oscar on This morning show, Lets hope this gets him even more well known, and get this gorgeous boy home soon x
- 2011-05-19 11:09 bazil
- Fingers crossed, and I have just watched This Morning ITV and great that Oscar got a mention x
- 2011-05-19 10:25 Jayne - Head Office
- paws crossed for you oscar....
- 2011-05-18 23:59 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Another potential sighting of Oscar this evening near St Neot,Jon and Michelle been out looking but no sign of him.Posters are doing a grand job with helping with the recent sightings- without them there would be no calls- such a shame that a few people in the local area feel the need to complain about the posters though they are not left to become tatty or blow around. Keep your spirits up Michelle & Jon,"note to Oscar" please go home now little lad - we would love to be taking the posters down - for the right reasons xxx Bumping again due to sighting.
- 2011-05-18 22:40 bazil
- Any sign of this lad today?? come on Oscar take the bait x
- 2011-05-18 12:43 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Come on Oscar, you've got us all on the edge of our seats! Please, please, please take the lovely sausages......
- 2011-05-18 08:14 Reynard
- Good! lets hope he takes the bait and is soon home xxx
- 2011-05-17 22:04 Michelleand Jon
- I set the traps on my way back home. Baited tonight with his favourite 'Sausages'
- 2011-05-17 21:33 angi
- I'm sorry you didn't see him but It's good he's going around the same area. are you still baiting the traps as he will probably go back to the pub.Good luck tomorrow x
- 2011-05-17 21:12 bazil
- My heart aches for you both, I'm sure Oscar will be home with you very soon xx Come on Oscar lots of cuddles await you xx
- 2011-05-17 21:04 Michelleand Jon
- Searched for Oscar after work but no sign of him. The fog started getting thick about 8.15 and reduced visability so came home. I shall go out after work again and hopefully will get a glance of him.
- 2011-05-17 16:36 Irene
- What a shame the driver didn't wait suppose he had a time schedule, hope the company can give you further details. Irene
- 2011-05-17 16:19 Reynard
- Jewsons Phone no if you need to call the driver but hopefully he left a contact no.?
01209 213 030
- 2011-05-17 13:54 JeanC
- My mum and dad are coming to stay for a few days today. Might try and get down to Colliford in the next few days to help with the search.
- 2011-05-17 12:56 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Come on Oscar, time to give yourself up!! A nice warm bed, proper food and LOTS of cuddles await you!! Hope by the time I get home from work and log in again you will have been reunited with your mum and dad xxxx
- 2011-05-17 12:53 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Nothing so far- the lorry driver had gone by the time Jon got there so he has been searching alone. Michelle is going out to continue the search after work.Still hoping its Oscar and we have some more positive news very soon x
- 2011-05-17 12:44 DebsAndGreg
- Fingers & Paws Crossed here too x
- 2011-05-17 12:37 angi
- this is really sounded so good. Really praying this is your boy and he is home very soon xx
- 2011-05-17 12:25 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Keeping fingers and paws crossed here for you :)
- 2011-05-17 11:43 Reynard
- Oh! Fingers tightly crossed!
- 2011-05-17 10:54 bazil
- Praying they catch up with Oscar and bring this gorgeous boy home xx Feeling really positive xx
- 2011-05-17 10:26 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Oscar has just been sighted again nr to st neot heading toward colliford. Jon on his way over with instructions on how to react if he see's him. Everything crossed here. Xxx
- 2011-05-17 10:24 Michelleand Jon
- We have received a call from a Jewson's Lorry driver, who thinks he may have seen Oscar at St Neot heading towards Colliford. Did say the dog looked like it had been living rough for a while. Looks dark like black but has the white markings as Oscar and is wearing a collar and silver tag. Hopefully this is him and he has just got a dirty coat and appears to look darker than he is. Jon has gone over there now to meet with the driver and see which direction he has headed and hopefully bring our boy home.
- 2011-05-17 00:13 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Have just sent my request to join. Come on Oscar - it's time to come home boy x
- 2011-05-16 23:27 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- please join and share Oscar's facebook page http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_201568339878730&ap=1
- 2011-05-16 22:07 Flo
- Fab you've had another sighting, come on Oscar be brave now and go in the trap x
- 2011-05-16 18:34 gemma35
- 2011-05-16 18:24 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Thanks for looking out for Oscar Gemma35, its really appreciated, i put these two spaniels on earlier (id 29843), sadly neither of them is Oscar xxx
- 2011-05-16 18:16 gemma35
- hi l rang you longshot but number is 29843
- 2011-05-16 17:28 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Thanks Reynard - have passed on - i was just looking for his number after getting your email earlier! x
- 2011-05-16 16:33 Reynard
- Oh! great come on boy ! xxx
Why not contact Martin Soar, Trapper
He may be able to advise you or help
Martin Soar. Canine Search and Recovery, Boston, Lincs
- 2011-05-16 16:20 JeanC
- ooh that is good news.x
- 2011-05-16 12:27 jobadger
- So pleased you've had another sighting - take care and good luck!! xxx
- 2011-05-16 09:30 Jane
- Hi there, we've just been through a week and a day of this with our Mabel, it was a living nightmare, I can't imagine how you are feeling after all this time. I can't help practically but just wanted to say I am thinking about you, I'll cross post onto Mabel's facebook group and another one that's come about from Mabel and Spencer going missing. xx
- 2011-05-16 08:46 bazil
- Oh so pleased another sighting, good luck hope you bring him home soon, poor boy will be terrified, remember to take it really slow, gain his trust, let him come to you or if you have to go to him, edge sideways, slowly to get close to him x Come oscar your family love you and want you home xxx
- 2011-05-16 08:00 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Bumped due to sighting. Please Oscar you need to go home now, your family are waiting for you :) xxx
- 2011-05-15 20:12 angi
- come on Oscar go home to mummy and daddy. I've got everything tightly crossed xxx
- 2011-05-15 16:17 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Fingers and paws all crossed here for you!! Hope nothing spooks him - you have probably already been told this, but remember to avoid eye contact, get low to the ground and speak softly to him or whimper. Have a slip lead handy to put over his head if he ventures close enough. He might not be brave enough straight away and you may have to take things slowly and gain his trust. Good luck - you truly deserve it xx
- 2011-05-15 15:20 Michelleand Jon
- We have had another sighting. Over at Colliford near the Colliford Tavern where the traps are set. Come on boy be brave and come when we call for you.
- 2011-05-13 13:48 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- That's the spirit! It must be hard for you, but even if he hasn't been taken in and he is still on the loose, he will be managing to fend for himself - they all seem to, even the ones on the loose long term. If my daughter has no luck when she comes down on holiday, I will be holidaying down there myself (staying at Fentonadle - think that's how you spell it!)mid September, though I hope he's home long before then!!
- 2011-05-12 22:35 Michelleand Jon
- Thanks Jean, if we get another sighting that matches his description I will organise another search as soon possible. Barney n Ozzie's mum we haven't had any sightings. We have been called about a dog this eveing but it has black on it. Also another call yesterday of a dog near Roche that has been sighted but waiting from a call back from a different dog warden that what I usually phone, all I know is that they didn't catch him. So much want him home. It feels like with hardly any sightings someone may have taken him in but I'm not giving up hope that I will get my boy back eventually.
- 2011-05-12 20:37 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Have there been any more sightings near Colliford Tavern and are the traps still there? Was really hoping Oscar would have "given himself up" by now! My daughter and her boyfriend will be holidaying near you in a couple of weeks time and if Oscar has still not been caught by then, she has promised to help search for him while she is there.
- 2011-05-12 10:30 JeanC
- I went to Colliford Lake yesterday with my 2 noisey dogs but alas i didn't see any dogs resembling Oscar. I was hoping the noise of my dogs might attract him if he was in the area. Is there going to be another group search for him?
- 2011-05-10 20:39 Michelleand Jon
- Thank you Bazil I have called them and this one has been reunited with his owner.Last edited: 2011-05-11 16:28:10 by Michelleand Jon
- 2011-05-10 17:07 bazil
- Check out Springer spaniel found yesterday, Central - 29688, no picture yet, but who knows how far Oscar could have travelled. Worth checking x
- 2011-05-09 10:33 angi
- fingers crossed.xx with fine weather and more people about on the moor hopefully he is more likely to be seen xx
- 2011-05-08 21:28 Michelleand Jon
- Gave posters to the walkers doing the ten tours walk today. A photographic journalist saw what I was doing and took some details and a photo and said he will try to get the storey in the paper. If this happens hopefully poeple will notice this more rather than a missing advert.
- 2011-05-06 12:28 Michelleand Jon
- I have spoken to Mary that works in the dog warden office today, she asked about any sightings so I told her about the one on the camel trail. She said that a collie was found there a few weeks ago and went back to his owner. Its really hard to know its Oscar for definate if and when we get a sighting but we chase up every sighting. Angi we have postered in about a 15 mile radious of our home so hopefully that area is covered, we will check the areas again and renew though. Thank you for the advice it will help if he show's himself again. Gemma35 thank you all the publicity helps. I would like to thank you all for your help and support, it means alot to us.
- 2011-05-05 13:46 bazil
- Come on Oscar show yourself again xx
Brilliant posting/info angi. A real help to find any lost dog xx
- 2011-05-04 20:04 gemma35
- hi. l am trying to help find oscar by posting on facebook pages
- 2011-05-04 11:33 angi
- lost dogs usually move in a triangle so if you look on the map you can mark a potential triangle route. The lake and camel trail are two points about 10 miles apart as the crow flies ( or dog runs)in a reasonably straight line. My guess is he would go up further up rather than the other way down towards Bodmin town so you can mark out his third point and poster in that area. He should also therefore make his way back to the pub on this route. Fingers crossed I hope the new posters bring some news. xx
- 2011-05-03 22:31 JeanC
- I am going to take my 2 dogs down to Colliford next week for a swim in the lake. They can get quite noisy and excited so might attract Oscar.
I will take notes of telephone numbers just incase. Not sure which day i will go. Depends on the weather.
- 2011-05-03 21:28 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- sorry everyone - have had no phone or computer access for a few days, bumping due to the possible sightings. x hurry home Oscar x
- 2011-05-03 19:14 angi
- he's still around that's good news. Come on Oscar go back to the trap for the lovely garlic chicken smothered in mashed sardines ...you know you want too xx
- 2011-05-03 12:55 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Good luck Michelleand Jon. Shame I'm not coming down your way on holiday until September, otherwise I'd be out there helping you (it's our intention to walk the Camel Trail when we are there!!)Hope he's home LONG before then xx
- 2011-05-03 08:37 jann
- A possible sighting, that's good news ! You feel more positive when you have something to go on, somewhere to look. Good luck with postering, fingers crossed xx
- 2011-05-02 12:41 Michelleand Jon
- We had a call this morning from a man saying he saw a brown and white springer collie cross 2 weeks ago at the Camel Trail but only just got our number, he did contact the dog warden but not heard anything since. Were off to put some posters up there today.
- 2011-04-30 14:21 Michelleand Jon
- Thank you both. Trying to keep our hopes up but with no sightings it hard to know where to look for him. If this is our Oscar over at Colliford I just wish that he would go into the trap we have set or even show himself to someone.
- 2011-04-30 11:18 selina
- Still thinking of you both and willing Oscar home, have bumped on the facebook page again.
- 2011-04-28 20:25 angi
- we will keep everything crossed that TWO lovely dogs are reunited very soon xx
- 2011-04-28 17:29 Michelleand Jon
- The posters are still about in shops and notice boards. I'm going to renew to keep interest. The trap was still set this morning when I went over. Jon had a call from a farm at Otterham Station about a ddog matching Oscar's description that had been going to eat food for the last 3 mornings but this wasn't Oscar and they couldn't tempy him to catch him. He was a young black and white dog that looked like he had been living out for a while. So we went through the searches and came across Todd who had been missing since November and gave the owners a call with the details and telephone number hopefully this is him and his mum and dad can get him home safely.Last edited: 2011-06-01 11:32:36 by Michelleand Jon
- 2011-04-26 22:16 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Oh dear!! Hope the little minx hasn't been taking the food from outside the trap aswell then! Are you keeping up with the postering just incase Oscar has moved away from the lake area? Hope this isn't the case and that he is just trying to get up the nerve to go in the trap x
- 2011-04-26 19:00 Michelleand Jon
- Well to prove that the trap is working right Max the landladies cat got herself caught in it. Bless her she was wrapped up in Oscar's blanket waiting to be let out. Just need my boy to go in there now.
- 2011-04-24 23:07 jann
- Come on Oscar. xx
- 2011-04-24 21:07 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Keeping everything crossed here for you. Come on Oscar, time to go home xx
- 2011-04-24 20:55 Michelleand Jon
- Trap has been set again this evening with liver, roast beef and garlic chicken. Hopefully one of these smells will catch Oscar's attention and he will go in to investigate. He does like his Sunday roast so fingers crossed.
- 2011-04-24 10:17 Michelleand Jon
- I have been over this morning and the trap hasn't been touched. So will get some garlic chicken ready and bait the trap with that too. It seems like a long time we have had the trap out but I suppose it is down to Oscar been brave enough to go back to the area. I'm just hoping that he hasn't been scared off fully when he met with Cody at the last sighting cos Cody is a very big lad, about 5 times bigger than Oscar.
- 2011-04-23 15:54 angi
- come on Oscar tonights the night to go home. dogs love liver also those that are trying to trap the little pup that's just been spayed have been advised that garlic chicken and sardines works best as bait.x
- 2011-04-23 12:25 Michelleand Jon
- There has been a bit outside it and it is been taken. I got got some liver to put in there tonight. We stayed over at Colliford again last night but no food taken when I checked this morning.
- 2011-04-22 23:53 bazil
- Come on Oscar come home, be brave little man x
- 2011-04-21 18:37 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Are you still leaving any food outside the trap and is it still being taken?
- 2011-04-21 11:18 Michelleand Jon
- I Have put a t-shirt in there that I slept in for a few nights and one of his teddies. I'm just hoping that the dog he met him the garden didn't scare him away too much.
- 2011-04-20 17:30 angi
- come on Oscar be brave xx
- 2011-04-20 17:19 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Have you put an old jumper or something with your scent on in the trap with the food? Something familiar might just persuade him to venture inside..
- 2011-04-20 17:14 Michelleand Jon
- Sorry nothing to report. I moved one of the traps last night to outside the enclosed rear garden just incase he is scared of going in there because of the big dog he came nose to nose with. But there is still one inside the garden too. I know its a waiting game but I wish he would be a brave little boy and go inside one to get food.
- 2011-04-19 10:15 Flo
- Thanks for update. Come on Oscar be brave and venture into one of those traps! x x x x
- 2011-04-18 22:22 jann
- Same here, come on Oscar xx
- 2011-04-18 21:55 Maryann
- Thanks for the update, we have everything crossed for Oscar. x
- 2011-04-18 21:01 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Nothing so far - a little food gone from near the trap - nothing ventured inside, the traps are set and baited.. just a case of waiting, checking and hoping for now x
- 2011-04-18 17:18 Maryann
- Any news on Oscar? I keep checking on here to see if he is in the blue yet and willing him to be found soon. Come home Oscar...xx
- 2011-04-15 21:16 Michelleand Jon
- We off on another stake out tonight. Come on boy you can do it come back to mummy and daddy xx
- 2011-04-15 07:59 jann
- Hoping for some good news today, come on Oscar ! Want to see you in the blue xxxx
- 2011-04-14 20:20 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Come on Oscar - time to put an end to your little adventure! A nice warm bed and lots of cuddles await you. Please, please just go in the trap xx
- 2011-04-14 20:11 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Oscar lad,you are needed home now - it's time xxx
- 2011-04-14 19:48 angi
- good luck and thinking of you. praying he is in the blue tomorrow x
- 2011-04-14 19:40 Flo
- Wishing you both the very very best of luck! Have been checking his page constantly willing it in the blue. Come on Oscar x x x x
- 2011-04-14 19:33 Michelleand Jon
- Off to set the trap and take another over too. Twice the chance to get our boy. So come on my gorgeous Oscar take the bait so you can come home. Love you my boy xxx
- 2011-04-13 10:08 No Longer Registered
- Advertised in The Countryman's Weekly magazine today. I hope it brings some news.
- 2011-04-12 20:10 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Come on Oscar, let tonight be the night you are caught! Your mum and dad have been working so hard to get you home xx
- 2011-04-12 19:19 angi
- I've still got everything crossed. Come on Oscar home in a cozy bed very soon xx
- 2011-04-12 16:07 jann
- Me too Barney n Ozzie's mum ! Keep checking, willing him to be caught - good luck xx
- 2011-04-12 14:03 Maryann
- I hope this is your boy too Michelle, and we have everything crossed for you here. Good luck xx
- 2011-04-12 13:41 Michelleand Jon
- We didn't pick the trap up till late last night so we are going over to see the landlady at Colliford Tavern this evening to see if we put the trap in her back yard. I think it will be ok as she mentioned about trapping Oscar also. Was thinking about leaving the trap unset for a night or two but still baiting it so he will get use to going in there for food. Don't want to scare him off straight away. I do hope this is my boy.
- 2011-04-12 12:59 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Great news! I keeping logging in throughout the day hoping to see he's been caught. Good luck xx
- 2011-04-12 10:02 Flo
- Keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for you Michelle and Jon, come on oscar you can do it, time to come home. Good luck x
- 2011-04-11 22:50 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Trap should be in place tonight i believe. Come on Oscar, we are all just willing you home! x
- 2011-04-11 22:45 bazil
- Please let this be Oscar, good luck xx
- 2011-04-10 16:23 jann
- Please let this be Oscar !! xx
- 2011-04-10 10:48 Lyndsey
- I would definatley recommend leaving an item of your clothing out. My dog was lost on the open fells of the Lake District, my Dad left a t-shirt out and Fly was found within a short distance of it! Fingers and toes are crossed for you! xx
- 2011-04-10 10:31 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Keeping everything crossed for you. Come on Oscar sweetheart, its time to go home xx
- 2011-04-10 09:45 Jayne - Head Office
- Oooh at last!
- 2011-04-09 22:15 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Got everything crossed. Good luck
- 2011-04-09 21:52 nikkic
- fingers crossed here too... good luck xx
- 2011-04-09 21:47 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Keeping my fingers crossed for you x
- 2011-04-09 21:11 Reynard
- Oh! please, please let this be Oscar and ZZ's trap does its magic,xxxLast edited: 2011-04-10 10:39:49 by Reynard
- 2011-04-09 20:49 Angus Admin & Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- fingers crossed here lets hope he is back for tea again tonight x
- 2011-04-09 20:25 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- ZZ's Trap is available for use and ready, everything crossed that this is the breakthrough we have been waiting for. A big thank you to the landlady at the Colliford Tavern for all her help x Please please let this be Oscar and we can get him safely home x
- 2011-04-09 16:43 Flo
- This is fantastic news! He may have been too scared to approach when you were BBQing. Really hope with a routine going you get to see him and eventually bring him home x x x x
- 2011-04-09 16:04 angi
- this really does sound positive. How many dogs like Oscar can be lost on Bodmin moor at the moment. Everything now tightly crossed! xx
- 2011-04-09 13:51 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Wow, this sounds really positive!! See if you can leave an item of clothing with your scent on nearby too. Hope he's home with you really soon xx
- 2011-04-09 12:31 Michelleand Jon
- At last maybe a bit of positive news. While we were going over to camp out we had a call from the Colliford Tavern landlady. About 12.30 Thursday night/Friday morning there was a young dog matching Oscar's description in there back yard. Cody (landladies big dog) went out and and they were having a sniff at each other and then (maybe) Oscar ran off. Sausages were put out for him last night and they were gone this morning. So this is going to continue to get a routine going then hopefully if we can ge a live trap then maybe, just maybe we can get him home. I was bbq'ing till 4.40am this morning and he didn't come to us with the smell.
- 2011-04-08 21:47 bazil
- Good luck for tonight, come on Oscar time to go home with your Mum & Dad xxx
- 2011-04-08 19:16 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Great idea! I assume you will be taking a car? If he is used to travelling in it and it is right by where you are camping, perhaps leave a door open and he might jump in - it has been known to happen!! Will be keeping everything crossed for you x
- 2011-04-08 18:40 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Good luck Michelle & Jon, Come on Oscar lad- time to go home , please!
- 2011-04-08 14:18 Flo
- Fantastic Idea, good luck! x
- 2011-04-08 12:07 Michelleand Jon
- Thanks Flo. Jon, myself and our friend Robin are going to have an overnighter at Colliford tonight, armed with scent and bbq's. So with a bit of luck Oscar will show himself, if he follows his nose.
- 2011-04-08 10:29 Flo
- Great to hear you are having a positive day, fingers crossed your boy shows himself very soon x
- 2011-04-07 22:37 Michelleand Jon
- No news of Oscar but had a call from some young lads that found a local dog that wasn't far from his home, while they were on an experdition of Bodmin moor. So I have sent them a photo of Oscar and they are looking for him while out and about. Please thank your husband from us both. Today I feel like I'm having a positive day so hopefully that means he's somewhere close by.
- 2011-04-07 20:23 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi Michelle and Jon. Any news? My husband returned from his business trip in the West Country today, but unfortunately nothing to report even though he did go along the A30 and some of the roads there off :-(
- 2011-04-06 20:50 Reynard
- Posted at the same time Michelle & Jon so did not see your post,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what rotten luck,,,come on Oscar show yourself lad! xxx
- 2011-04-05 21:59 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Such a shame,but try not to lose heart - at least you know that word is getting around about him, and just take a look at the number of "views" Oscar's page has had!! Hope you get another sighting soon xx
- 2011-04-05 21:27 Reynard
- Oh! blimey Michelle & Jon hope its the good news you ( & I ) have been waiting for , sending my prayers right now into the Ether for Oscar xxxLast edited: 2011-04-05 22:29:08 by Reynard
- 2011-04-05 21:27 Michelleand Jon
- Just had a call back this one is a bitch not a dog.
- 2011-04-05 21:22 angi
- everything crossed this is Oscar xx
- 2011-04-05 21:17 jann
- Praying that this is your boy xx
- 2011-04-05 20:55 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Everything crossed here for you - praying this is the news you've been waiting for!!
- 2011-04-05 20:27 Michelleand Jon
- We have just had a call from a lady saying she has seen a found poster up in Summercourt/Mitchell area on a back road that looks similar to Oscar. We have contacted the number but got voicemail so left a message. Fingers crossed that this is our boy.
- 2011-04-05 19:42 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- bumping as Oscar is in the media . Sending you all the luck in the world that this time it will bring good news of your boy x
- 2011-04-05 18:52 Michelleand Jon
- Thank you Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum that is very nice of you and your hubby. Yes Colliford lake and reservior is the same place.
- 2011-04-05 17:45 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- My husband is coming down to your area on business for 2 days tomorrow. He will be travelling down the A30, so I'm giving him a poster, spare dog lead and food just in case!! Is Colliford lake the same as Colliford reservoir?(can only see the latter on my map).
- 2011-04-05 13:55 Michelleand Jon
- We haven't had any sightings since 27th March and they were few and far between before that. We're so worried about him. Come on boy show yourself to someone so we can bring you home. We have put Oscar in the Cornish Guardian again this week, just hope that if someone has picked him up they will see the advert and call.
- 2011-04-05 10:27 Flo
- No worries. Have you come across this website http://www.dogpages.org.uk/sth-west.htm it lists lots of rescue centres in the south west. Worth checking you've contacted them all. Really hope you find your beautiful boy soon x
- 2011-04-04 16:59 Michelleand Jon
- Thanks Selina and Flo. I have contacted Wingletang and then sent them a email with a photo of Oscar. They haven't had any dogs matching Oscar's description in either. But if there is anywhere you can think I will glady contact them if I haven't sent them a poster already.
- 2011-04-03 19:51 Flo
- So sorry this weekend did not bring your boy home. Come on Oscar show yourself please. I have just posted this for Jan and thought of you too. Have you notified Margaret Green animal rescue about Oscar. They have a branch at Tavistock called Wingletang Animal Rescue & Rehoming Centre: 01822 810215. Flo xLast edited: 2011-04-03 20:08:03 by Flo
- 2011-04-03 12:15 selina
- Michelle and John, I've contacted Gables Farm in plymouth for you as we talked about yesterday they havent had any dogs brought in fitting his description but will pop a poster up just in case.
- 2011-04-03 12:10 jann
- Sorry to hear no news on your boy after your search - stay positive xx
- 2011-04-03 09:52 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Such a shame that you didn't have any sightings. Try not to lose heart though - could be that he was spooked by all the extra people about and was lying low somewhere just watching. I'm sure all your hard work will soon be rewarded x
- 2011-04-02 20:41 Michelleand Jon
- We would like to give a special very special thank you to all that have been on the search today. We were amazed of the amount of people that came to help. We have all covered alot of ground with no joy, unfortunately. But we shall carry on until our boy is found. Thank you all, we cannot show how much we appreciate all your help.
- 2011-04-01 22:43 doglover1
- Hi Michelle, so sorry the found dog was not Oscar, Good luck tomorrow with your search, Im a little too far away to help (Bristol) but really hope you get some news soon. I will keep my eyes open for any other possible matches with Oscar. x
- 2011-04-01 22:25 Michelleand Jon
- Thanks doglover1 I contact the lady mid week when I saw this on pirate fm helpdesk. Unfortunately this is not my boy. I'm on the search tomorrow with a group of helpers. Thank you all for the positive vibes xxxx
- 2011-04-01 18:20 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Thanks doglover1 , Michelle is checking this out now, Oscar was entire went he went missing but still well worth checking. x
- 2011-04-01 17:54 doglover1
- FOUND Collie x - very brief details and no picture sorry, Found approx 40 miles away from where Oscar lost.
http://www.alfieslostdogs.com/bb/index.php/topic,31382.0.htmlLast edited: 2011-04-01 17:55:04 by doglover1
- 2011-04-01 16:53 bazil
- Praying you find Oscar tomorrow, will be thinking of you all out there looking for him, sending lots of positive thoughts to everyone involved with finding Oscar, good luck Michelle and Jon x
- 2011-04-01 07:48 Debs
- Walked my dog last night up around the reservoir but no joy. I have posted a link to my FB account as I know a lot of dog owners in Bodmin. I will also message some friends who live in Temple.
- 2011-03-31 22:52 jann
- So, so hope your boy is back with you after this weekend, will be thinking of you, just got to keep positive x
- 2011-03-31 22:42 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Too far away to help with the search but keeping everything crossed for you here xx
- 2011-03-31 22:12 Michelleand Jon
- Oscar does like a breakfast brunch so hopefully he will smell it and come running.
- 2011-03-31 21:20 Flo
- GOOD LUCK for the weekend, really really hope you bring your boy home with you x
- 2011-03-31 20:11 Reynard
- Good luck for the W/E Michelle & John, come on Oscar smell those Sausages & come to mummy xxx
- 2011-03-31 16:15 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Thanks Debs, The tavern has been thought of, it has recently reopened and we believe Oscar could gain access to the bins. the last probable sighting was on the same stretch of road that the tavern is on- but the road is 3 miles long appx.
- 2011-03-31 09:20 Debs
- Have you been in touch with Colliford Lake Tavern. They are the A30 side if the resevoir and have a campsite. It might be somewhere the dog would visit if there is food around.
- 2011-03-30 21:40 Michelleand Jon
- Thank you all for keeping an eye out for Oscar. A search party will be going out on Saturday. Jon will be BBQ'ing trying to entice Oscar out. Fingers crossed we will have him home that day for big mummy cuddles.
- 2011-03-30 09:15 Debs
- Just to let you know that I have seen your posters up. I walk my dog up at Millpool/Temple on most days and have been keeping an eye open. Hope you find him soon.
- 2011-03-30 08:31 ZZ - Co-ordinator, Cornwall
- Complaints about missing dog posters are commonplace down here, motivated by people with nothing better to do, who want everything 'pretty pretty.' Many of the councillors are sympathetic to us, and they don't relish having to mention the complaint to owners. They have to go through the motions, though, its their job. My advice to owners is to smile sweetly, but then get on with postering where necessary to help find their missing family member. Although I haven't been personally involved with the search for Oscar, I am following the case, and my heart is with you all. Bodmin is vast, and the fact that you've had sightings is fantastic. Pleased other co-ords have mnentioned the BBQ, have had some success with it. It is a longshot, but worth trying. Scent rises best in dry weather between 8-9.a.m., and 9.-10.p.m. The smell can carry for 3 miles or so, which is within a dog's nose range. Thinking of you all.
- 2011-03-29 23:11 Reynard
- VERY Good Luck xxx
- 2011-03-29 19:28 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Great minds Spindle! Michelle and Jon have this morning started to co-ordinate another search for Oscar. This will take place on Saturday morning and afternoon. If anyone can help and be part of the search then please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and i can give you the details of when and where Michelle and Jon will be. We need to make sure that Oscar is not scared away by all of the extra attention so a meeting has been arranged so we can explain what to do if he is sighted.
- 2011-03-29 16:54 Spindle
- Complainers have probably never had the heartache of losing a dog!!! think time has arrived we need big search party out there on the Oscar hunt!!!!!
- 2011-03-29 11:57 Angus Admin & Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- extra alerts gone out to PL13,14,15 due to latest sightings
- 2011-03-29 08:26 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Have you already tried luring him out with a portable barbecue? I know you say it's a vast area, but they say a dog's sense of smell is so much better than ours, hopefully he'll catch a whiff and come exploring? Good luck and ignore the moronic idiots who clearly have no feelings x
- 2011-03-28 22:59 LoopyLurcher
- Have emailed link to friend near Jamaica Inn in Draynes valley. Think Colliford Lake Rd is on that side of A30? Hope you find Oscar v soon. If I'm down there later this week will keep eyes peeled.
- 2011-03-28 20:15 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Some people are really thoughtless and selfish. Dont let this stop you! Keep up the good work
- 2011-03-28 16:06 Michelleand Jon
- Would you believe this I has just had a phone call from Cornwall Council. Someone has phoned and complained about the posters I have put up and littering cos some may have been blown off. I go round and pick any up that have been blown off and replace them with new posters. As if it is not bad enough that Oscar is missing some small minded person wants to complain.
- 2011-03-28 14:29 Michelleand Jon
- There was nothing yesterday. I was out there all day, asking people and giving them flyers. The lady that rang with the sighting could only tell me (in broken English) that it was the Colliford Lake road. The problem being this road is about 3 miles long on the moor. If this was Oscar she saw then he could be holing up anywhere along here, in the trees or under a gorse bush. I'll be out there again searching later.Last edited: 2011-06-01 11:25:35 by Michelleand Jon
- 2011-03-28 13:32 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Nothing so far,am waiting for an update, there are lots of people in lots of jobs out and about keeping their eye out for him though, fingers crossed for another sighting that will bring Oscar home very soon x
- 2011-03-28 12:35 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Come on Oscar - keep logging in to see if you are home!! Fingers and paws all crossed here too xx
- 2011-03-28 10:15 jenny4
- Any news at all?
- 2011-03-27 18:02 Flo
- Fantastic news, fingers and paws crossed! x
- 2011-03-27 17:19 Reynard
- Fingers & Paws crossed that we see the gorgeous Oscar home soon, where he belongs with Michelle & Jon wishing you sucess and very good Luck!
- 2011-03-27 12:40 mistynsashasmum
- Come on Oscar be seen and go home darling.
Good Luck to you
Stay Safe xxxx
- 2011-03-27 11:55 Jayne - Head Office
- Good luck!
- 2011-03-27 11:42 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Everything tightly crossed here. Good luck xxx Come on Oscar. xx
- 2011-03-27 11:37 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Sighting believed to be Oscar at Colliford lake within the last 30 minutes. Michelle and Jon are there now.Advice given on how to react if they do see him. Everything crossed here for you Michelle and Jon xxx Come on Oscar- todays a great day to be going home safe xxx Bumping because of sighting. Last edited: 2011-03-27 11:39:22 by ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- 2011-03-25 09:54 Spindle
- Sent Oscar details to every SW dog warden and helper in my file. We need to find this boy.
- 2011-03-24 18:48 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Thank you very much, i hope it helps too
- 2011-03-24 09:58 selina
- LINK ADDED, HOPE IT HELPS
- 2011-03-22 23:34 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Thanks Selina - it was me who added it. i have left a message with Michelle and Jon telling them about your offer of help with the search party. Thank you so much and yes please to adding his details to your website. Jane x
- 2011-03-22 21:24 selina
- Jane from DL has added his details to the ESSW facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/pages/English-Springer-Spaniel-Welfare/124776850428 please update there as often as you can, if you think it will help we'll also glad add his details to our website? If you want to organise another search party I'll see who we can get together to help out, sadly I can't do this coming weekend but liaise with us and we'll see how we can help. Thinking of you (hugs)
- 2011-03-22 19:56 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Oscar is in the newspapers again this week. If you are in the area, or know someone in the area, please share Oscars page. He may have been taken in by someone locally as the sightings have stopped, or he may have moved further afield.
- 2011-03-20 19:56 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- I'm so sorry he's still missing, my heart goes out to you both. Keep up the good work. Hoping he's home very soon x
- 2011-03-19 23:24 Michelleand Jon
- It's hard, him not being here, having cuddles and sleeping at the bottom of our bed, making his way under the quilt. Life feels empty without him so thats why were never going to give up. I have faith that we will get him home its just a matter of finding him first.
- 2011-03-19 20:09 Reynard
- Good luck Michelle and John for a happy reunion with the gorgeous Oscar, you are working so hard to get your boy home xxx
- 2011-03-18 23:12 Michelleand Jon
- Hi Janni, yes I have joined Paddy come home fb group, poor old boy needs to be home with his family. Thank you for sharing Oscar's info. It means alot to us all the help we are getting, thank you all so much.
- 2011-03-18 22:48 janni0706
- Michelle did you join Paddys fb group? I am on the admin for Paddy come home and we can include Oscar, well he is already being shared xx Happy birthday Oscar come home soon x
- 2011-03-18 11:46 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- I have been told today is your 1st Birthday Oscar- so make a wish to go home x Happy birthday Lad x
- 2011-03-17 22:21 Flo
- Gutted that wasn't your boy, but glad he has been reunited with his owner. Keeping all my fingers crossed for you. Come on Oscar show yourself x
- 2011-03-17 12:54 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Have moved the found lad over. Fingers crossed that the next time it IS Oscar who is coming safely home xxx Same as Janni, we wont give up looking x
- 2011-03-17 12:24 janni0706
- I am so sorry, I really did think he sounded very like him. I feel awful when I think I am passing on good news. It is great this one has been reunited and we can find your dog, I wont give up until he is found and others will keep searching too x
- 2011-03-17 11:33 Michelleand Jon
- I travelled to see this young boy http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_blog.php?dogId=28619
but this isn't my Oscar. Good news is though he has been reunited with his owner. I have text Jane to move him over to reunited.
- 2011-03-17 10:50 glynafon
- So sorry the found spaniel is not him, it certainly sounded so similar I was getting quite excited!
- 2011-03-17 09:24 janni0706
- could this be him ?
- 2011-03-16 22:31 Michelleand Jon
- I have emailed the springer rescue and attached a photo of Oscar. Thank you for telling me about them. No news as yet from the paper but hopefully there will be something.
- 2011-03-16 18:46 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Bumping due to Oscar being in the paper again today. please keep looking out for this boy and pass his info on to anyone you know in the area. hoping for some new and good news of him to bring him safely home xxx
- 2011-03-16 11:58 Flo
- Hi yeah def worth checking them all, shame he wasn't your boy. Have you registered him miss with http://www.springerrescue.org.uk/? Really hope your add in the paper again brings some fresh news x
- 2011-03-16 10:09 Michelleand Jon
- Hi Flo, the found springer 28541 isn't my Oscar. It maybe another area but I try to check them all as someone may have picked him up and taken him anywhere in the country. Thanks for looking x
- 2011-03-15 23:34 Flo
- Hi have you seen there is now a photo of found springer 28451 on here wrong area but I know you wanted to rule him out x
- 2011-03-15 17:15 Michelleand Jon
- We scent every day leading to our house and hang a t-shirt I slept in the night before on the gate. I have called woodside today and emailed gables. The local firing range officer has been contacted and a poster put up in their gate. The army are not on manouvers yet but will be in touch when they come to Davidstow. Oscar should be in the paper again tomorrow, hopefully someone will call. Went to see a springer found in Redruth today but it wasn't my boy. I have contacted the radio station and advertised him though.
- 2011-03-14 17:34 Flo
- Being rural does make it so much more difficult, I live on dartmoor so know what its like. Dont give up hope. Have you tried scenting at all?, some people on here have found that really helpful. Also have you been ringing all the rescue centres regularly, even the ones in plymouth like Woodside and Gables, just incase someone picked him up and took him to one. What about the Army training and the firing ranges-maybe worth trying to contact them to keep a look out when they are training on the moor x
- 2011-03-14 17:10 Michelleand Jon
- With no sightings I really don't know where to look next as we are so rural. It's been 5 weeks now and it's not getting any easier. Jon is going to put posters at Kivell's farmers sale/auction this week just incase Oscar is on a farm somewhere.
- 2011-03-13 11:54 Flo
- Really hope you get some more news soon, your doing a fab job x x x x
- 2011-03-12 10:54 Michelleand Jon
- We haven't had any further calls, even with the newspaper adds that have covered all of Cornwall. We have put the reward up to see if this helps.
- 2011-03-08 17:23 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Have put Oscar on twitter + will circulate.
- 2011-03-07 21:54 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Oscar is back in the newspapers today, hopefully this will jog someones memory and bring news and fresh sightings. come on Oscar, show yourself again, its time to go home xxx
- 2011-03-07 21:36 magda
- Keeping my fingers crossed for Oscar and his family!!! I hope he is found real soon!!! LOL
- 2011-03-06 21:11 Maryann
- Hope Oscar comes home soon. Have been keeping an eye out for him.
- 2011-03-05 20:54 Reynard
- Great news! good luck Oscar come home soon now xx
- 2011-03-04 20:13 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Really pleased there's been a sighting and sounds quite promising. I've shared on facebook.
- 2011-03-03 22:23 Flo
- So pleased theres been another sighting of Oscar, keep checking on this little lad everyday. Time to come home oscar. Wishing you luck Michelle and Jon, keep up the fantastic work x
- 2011-03-03 21:26 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Keep going, keep postering, you are doing well. Dogs are amazing and their survival instincts kick in when left to fend for themselves. He was probably having a little adventure and realised he'd strayed a little too far. He's out there waiting for you to find him. God bless you little Oscar, come on home now sweetie, your owners need you back.Last edited: 2011-03-03 21:27:00 by Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- 2011-03-03 21:07 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- bumping due to possible sighting
- 2011-03-03 20:04 Michelleand Jon
- We have had call call from a lady that thinks she saw Oscar yesterday, just outside St Breward in the field opposite the church. She was looking for a black and white dog until she saw the poster then called us. She is going to walk her female dog in that area from now on to try to entice him. We have been and done the scenting around that area and been walking there till it got dark. Fingers crossed someone will grab him so we can have him home.
- 2011-02-28 23:07 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Sorry theres been no sign of Oscar. Keep up the good work. Wish i was closer to help but thinking about him, hoping he's home soon
- 2011-02-27 22:25 Flo
- Really sorry to see this boy is still missing, I was praying that extra walkers around in half term would have meant this boy would have been found this week. Really hope you get another sighting x
- 2011-02-27 14:08 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Michelle and Jon have spent the last two nights up where Oscar was last seen finishing with a bbq at dawn. No signs of him at all. Any help locally would really be appreciated. Widening the area of postering in case Oscar has kept moving and generally making people aware that he is missing, we really need some fresh sightings of him to try and pinpoint the area where he is staying x
- 2011-02-25 19:34 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Sending you lots of luck and positivity tonight Michelle and Jon. An all night vigil where Oscar was last sighted and a tasty and smelly bbq to hopefully lure him in along with some scenting. Come on Oscar its time for you to find your mum and dad, they want to take you safely home where its warm and dry xxx
- 2011-02-24 20:45 Flo
- Keep checking on this beautiful boy, really hope he is found soon x
- 2011-02-22 21:42 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Facebook link:
- 2011-02-22 21:40 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- So pleased there's been some sightings. I've updated facebook group 'please look out for these missing dogs in cornwall'. Hope he's home soon
- 2011-02-22 19:08 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- It is believed that Oscar is around the colliford/warleggan/millpool firing range area, 4 seperate sightings and all seem to place him in around this area.
Bumping again due to sightings.
- 2011-02-21 18:53 Michelleand Jon
- Yes we are very rural. We have informed all the local farmers that Oscar is missing. Also the north Cornwall hunt have been informed and are looking for him as they would be able to get to places on the moor on horseback better than foot. Thank you for sharing information on facebook I'm trying to get everyone I know who lives in Cornwall to do the same.
- 2011-02-19 10:30 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Bumping due to possible sighting. Owners had a call from a lady who thinks she may have seen him over near Colliford lake playing with some other dogs, owners have postered farms locally just in case anyone sees him. fingers crossed the weekend will bring us some good news and Oscar is soon safely back home xLast edited: 2011-02-19 11:01:38 by ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- 2011-02-18 23:36 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Sorry to hear Oscar is missing. I have shared his information on the facebook group 'please look out for these missing dogs in cornwall'. I hope he's home soon
- 2011-02-18 14:52 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I am assuming it's quite rural where you are? Are there any farm buildings or anything of that nature near you that he could have got shut in to? Would be worth asking any neighbouring properties to check outbuildings/sheds too. Hope he's home soon x
- 2011-02-18 13:18 Shereen
- More alerts sent out to helpers in PL26,27,28
- 2011-02-17 18:47 Michelleand Jon
- We are still out searching for our Oscar dog. We have put posters up everywhere on notice boards, shops pubs etc and contacted all the vets, boarding kennels, radio stations, RSPCA etc and still no luck. Please still keep looking.Last edited: 2011-06-01 11:22:06 by Michelleand Jon
- 2011-02-15 13:22 Jayne - Head Office
- Poster e mailed out to helpers in PL29,30,31,32,33.
- 2011-02-15 13:20 Jayne - Head Office
- 2011-02-15 13:09 mr&mrshawkey
- Will keep a look out for him whilst looking for our little trixie as we live close in the area xx
- 2011-02-15 11:06 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Have already been in contact & sent advice and info to owner earlier this morning - will update with more info as have extra thats not listed currently, also requested a photo/s. doglover and i have both been in contact with her re another found dog we thought was a match but sadly wasnt.Last edited: 2011-02-15 11:13:11 by ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- 2011-02-15 09:59
- Sorry to see that OSCAR SIGHTING is missing.
- If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
- If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
- Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster.
- You can find vets in your own area by clicking here.
- A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number.
- You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
- You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
- If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
- Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
- If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
- DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.
- DogLost is a public site and believes that postering / crossposting on the web site, together with informing relevant authorities and using local media, is the best way of getting dogs back. Owners may want to use other means to help find their dog, we believe this is the owner's personal choice. If you would like advice, please contact DogLost first.