Lost: Black Tan And White Lurcher Female In Central (S43)
- Dog ID 27166
- Status Lost
- Registered 01 Jan 2011
- Name STORM
- Breed Lurcher
- Gender Female
- Age Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour black tan and white
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars Has a scar on her left hand side rib cage, no bigger than a thumb nail
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Unknown
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 30 Dec 2010
- Where Lost Staveley area near Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- Lost In Region Central
- Lost In Post Area S43
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info storm stands around 25inc tall and a such a loving dog ,please look out for traverles as well they like this type of dog and when finished with them leave for dead x
- Phone 1 07845 135 075
- Phone 2
- Reward? cash reward
- Listed By maria
- Views 3333
- See more dogs Lost in S43
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-07-18 11:53 Owl
- Thanks for keeping this girl in the public eye, Sue. I am still looking out for her as I believe she was picked up and kept by someone local the day she went missing and is still somewhere around here.
- 2012-07-18 07:53 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine
- 2012-07-01 15:24 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Changed to Central region.
- 2011-02-09 18:07 maria
- hello every one we still havent found storm and downt no wot eles to do we would just like to thank every one for there help
- 2011-01-26 13:06 dekkaann
- Hopefully people have helped this owner to search the area thoroughly, my first thought was, being a mining area have the authorities been contacted over the location of old mine shafts and other entrances to the old mine tunnels.
Another thought, do local lads keep dogs on the allotments in the area, if so it may be worth checking them out.
Hope she comes to light soon.
- 2011-01-26 08:43 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in The Countryman's Weekly magazine today. I hope it brings some news.
- 2011-01-23 13:22 maria
- well it will be 1 month this thursday storm has been missing and still no luck in finding her ,we miss her so much and dont know what eles to do we have tried everything and no such luck xxx
- 2011-01-13 18:32 xWendyx
- Just looked on the Peak FM Facebook page and there is another lurcher missing from Chesterfield plus 2 other dogs missing, all similar area - very worrying. Desperately hope all these dogs are home safe soon
- 2011-01-13 15:49 maria
- i also asked peak fm to help me this morning and had no response,then went on there fb page and they helping some1 find there dog, so i gave them a peace of my mind on fb .maria x
- 2011-01-13 15:16 maria
- i am so greatful for all your help you have all been stars and i carnt thank you all enough for your help and support, i do have a fb account and storm is my profile pick as well i do keep putting her on there but as you said toni i do have to keep posting it to try and keep it on ,thanks again all of you , maria xxx
- 2011-01-13 13:56 toni
- it is wendy, but because there is so many people posting it soon goes off the page so ithink the trick is to keep posting it, well thats my plan anyway lol x
- 2011-01-13 13:52 xWendyx
- Toni I just logged on to suggest Facebook. I did put a link on mine when Storm first went missing. Maria do you have a FB account? It's a great way to spread the word
- 2011-01-13 13:46 toni
- Added it to Centrals facebook got quite a few friends on there, hopefully somebody somewhere might have spotted her or taken her in as a stray wishing u the best of luck x and as said before anything i can help u with let me know either here or on facebook. Toni
- 2011-01-13 11:35 storms mummy
- I am unable to help search for this beautiful girl as ive just had an operation but keep checking back here for news i really hope she is found real soon and good idea for derbyshire times hopefully someone has taken her in thinking she is a stray xx keeping fingers crossed and as you can tell from my ID i also have a storm xx good luck
- 2011-01-13 09:29 maria
- i have contacted derbyshire time and gave them all details they need,hopefully they might run our story ,we missing storm so much my little boy missis her alot bless him xx
- 2011-01-12 20:08 xWendyx
- So sorry there is still no news on Storm. Have you contacted the Derbyshire Times to see if they will run a story? I have seen lost dogs in there before, especilly if there are children desperately missing their pet. Worth a try. I am on the look out all the time when out with my dogs or in the car
- 2011-01-12 16:18 maria
- still no luck in finding storm ,please come home soon xx
- 2011-01-11 11:59 maria
- we have phoned the travellers liaison officer the person who we need to speak to was not in but we should get a phone call back as soon as they get back in the office,thanks again poochpal-area co -ordinator south dorset . maria x
- 2011-01-11 11:55 maria
- thank you so much toni. x
- 2011-01-11 11:05 toni
- anything else i can do just let me know i will keep checking back here Toni
- 2011-01-11 11:02 toni
- No problem ive done it and it is up in office for all to see, Toni
- 2011-01-10 20:22 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Is it possible to give fliers out to delivery people, milk, post, bin men etc. She is such a striking looking girl I'm sure if anyone saw her they would remember. Do you have a traveller liaison officer for your area? it would be worth giving them a poster as they visit all sites regularly. Last edited: 2011-01-10 20:25:58 by poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- 2011-01-10 13:23 maria
- hi toni ,yes duck she is still missing and that would be brill ,thanks for your help .maria x
- 2011-01-10 10:43 toni
- Hi there, is this dog still missing does anyone know?, if so i will print a poster off as i work in a local taxi company and put it up for all the drivers to see,so as they are driving round if they spot the dog they can let us know. Toni
- 2011-01-08 18:19 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- please don't think I am being rude but are you sure there was nowhere she could have got trapped e.g down a hole or something, or were there any travellers in the area at the time. I have had a look on some rescues as well but cannot see anything at present. Liz
- 2011-01-08 10:36 maria
- hi wendy,still no news on storm ,we put up 300 posters and phoned everyone every day and nothing at all ,like she has just disapeared,we dont know whst eles to do ,i have also put storm on k9,hunting for life,lurcher link and all rspca websites,xx
- 2011-01-08 09:29 xWendyx
- Any news on Storm?
- 2011-01-04 10:38 maria
- we have rang all local councils and vets ,also tried all the wardens again ,more posters have gone out as well ,did call all local radio stations up but they said they dont do lost pets any more ,dont no what eles to do ,we have drivin round asked at farms, kennals ,shops,dog walkers,high way maintance people, xxx
- 2011-01-03 12:52 louise
- also checked local papers in the lost and found sections
- 2011-01-03 12:51 louise
- just tring to think of more options, I tried all the kennels in the surrounding areas, also put up posters in local pet shops and RSPCA contacted police and did a leaflet drop house to house around our area as we are next to woods and the golf course. I will definately keep my eyes and ears open, i know how heartbreaking it is, xx
- 2011-01-03 12:15 maria
- rang the kennals next door to service station louise they havr no lurchers in at all but it was worth a try and thank you for your help it means alot,a poster has just gone up in duckmanton service ststion today,hopefully you will see it.again thank you for help xxx
- 2011-01-02 23:19 louise
- sorry service station in Duckmanton!!
- 2011-01-02 23:18 louise
- hi maria, i had this happen to me in july 2010, mine went missing from my back garden in Hady she was lost for 10 days and just turned up one night in early hours!! dont give up hope have you tried the kenels next door to the service station? this is where the dog wardens take them, also try if you havent already northeast council, chesterfield borough and bolsover council. please let me know how u get on in the mean time chin up and i will look out on my travels xx
- 2011-01-02 17:14 maria
- rang local radio station they said they dont do missing pets any more but it was worth the try,all 100 posters have been put out today more going out tomorrow, thanks again for all your help .hope storm comes home soon we all missing her x x
- 2011-01-02 12:03 Jayne - Head Office
- Thanks Wendy!
- 2011-01-02 11:36 xWendyx
- I live in Chesterfield so will do all I can to help.
Have the owners thought about contacting the local radio station - Peak FM? They are pretty good at helping.
Hope Storm is home soon x
- 2011-01-02 09:24 maria
- thank you so much to all that are helping
- 2011-01-02 09:16 Jayne - Head Office
- Poster e mailed to helpers in S18,20,21,26,40,41,42,43,44,80.
- 2011-01-01 20:57 Owl
- Have spoken to owner who has searched extensively. Posters are being done and will go out tomorrow. Storm went missing in the area of Markham which is a former colliery and now open ground. She was having a run offlead with owner's other dogs and is normally first back, but this time they came back and she disappeared completely.
- 2011-01-01 19:29
- Sorry to see that STORM is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.