Lost: Black And Tan White Chest And Paws Terrier Type Cross Female In Central (CV7)
- Dog ID 23669
- Status Lost
- Registered 06 Jun 2010
- Name GABBY STILL MISSING
- Breed Terrier type cross
- Gender Female
- Operation Spayed
- Age Elderly
- Build Medium
- Colour Black and tan white chest and paws
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars Mostly black(going grey)Wire haired.Quite a bit of tan on her face & underneath.White on her paw
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 11 Oct 2009
- Where Lost Ash Green, Coventry, West Midlands. . She was wearing a pink collar with hearts on . She could be anywhere in the country now.
- Lost In Region Central
- Lost In Post Area CV7
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Gabby is now approx 14/15 years old. Small/medium Collie size, approx 22-24 ins high. Please share her information. It only takes one person to recognise her. Its now been over 2 & 1/2 years since Gabby dissapeared, our family are still totally devastated. Please print off a picture and look for her when you are out walking your dog. ANY information is welcome. Please help if you can. Many thanks.
- Phone 1 07762737327
- Phone 2 02476361908
- Reward? £500
- Listed By Amanda Still Missing Gabby :-(
- Views 7507
- Followers 1
- See more dogs Lost in CV7
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-10-14 21:46 Sioux
- Still preying you find her Amanda. Always keeping my eyes out for Gabby, hoping one day she will be reunited with you all. xxx
- 2012-10-11 11:26 Angelmort
- My heart goes out to you Amanda and your family. I'm sure you did at the time but did you let the chip company know Gabby was missing / stolen and check your contact details on their system were correct, just in case. I really hope you have closure soon. Bless you all. x
- 2012-10-11 10:27 Amanda Still Missing Gabby :-(
- Wherever you are Gabby, we hope that you are loved as much as we love you. There will always be a space on the sofa and you will always be in our hearts if ever you want to come home. There is never a day that passes where we don't think about you.
We've accepted that we may never hear what happened but it doesn't stop us wondering.
I would hate anyone to have to go through what we have, it's nothing short of torture.
I just pray that wherever you are, you are happy and being well cared for.
Forever in our hearts beautiful girl. xxxxx
xxxxx Lots of love from your loving family xxxxx
- 2012-10-11 10:11 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Gabby has been missing three years today. She would now be 15 years old. Please keep looking for her.
- 2012-10-05 10:59 Lorraine - Area Co-ordinator Kent
- Amanda Ive emailed & texted you with a similar found dog, please let me know if you got it x
- 2012-07-29 01:34 Amanda Still Missing Gabby :-(
- Homeless Hounds xxx
- 2012-07-29 01:33 Amanda Still Missing Gabby :-(
- We received a phonecall this evening from a lovely lady. She had seen a website called Himeless Hounds and saw a dog on there matching Gabbys description-medium sized, wire fur, white chest and paws wearing a pink collar (in the pound section) but was now named Rosey. We checked but it wasn't her. Unfortunately our Sam also saw the picture and was desperately trying to convince us it was her. It's awful when you can physically see the distress in his eyes and know that there's nothing we can do about it.
A big thank you to the lady who telephoned. It's wonderful to know that so many eyes up and down the country are still looking for her as much as we are. I should also mention that the lady got our telephone number from Doglost.co.uk which also proves just how valuable this website is. A million thanks to doglost also. xxxx
- 2012-06-20 09:58 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- That's ok Amanda, gives people the chance to have another look.
- 2012-06-20 09:48 Amanda Still Missing Gabby :-(
- Sorry sue! Didn't realise you had added it already. xxx
- 2012-06-20 09:48 Amanda Still Missing Gabby :-(
- Thought I would add this-it's the link to the newspaper article for Gabby
- 2012-05-21 11:07 Amanda Still Missing Gabby :-(
- Ive updated Gabbys details. We've also added a £500 reward for her safe return or information leading to her return. Please share her wherever you can. Time is running out for her as she's elderly. We just need to know what has happened to her :(
- 2012-03-22 06:54 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Gabby is in the Cov T yet again today!!
- 2012-03-21 11:38 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Link to Gabby's article.
- 2012-03-21 05:54 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Gabby is in the Coventry Evening Telegraph today. Good luck Amanda, I hope it brings some news
- 2012-02-14 19:04 Amanda Still Missing Gabby :-(
- Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who is helping us look for Gabby. A small group of us went over to Leicester to where the alleged sighting of Gabby was and we found a dog that looked very like Gabby there. This dog was a larger, had no white, some wire fur and at a glance could have been mistaken for her. This was a boy sadly. We have left posters at the local vets and spoken with dog walkers local to that area but I honestly think that this may be a blind alley :-( I'm very grateful for everyone sharing Gabbys details as I honestly believe this is the only possible way she'll be recognised now. I don't know where else to try now as we've covered almost everything. I don't believe she is in Leicester though. :-( xxx. A big thank you to my lovely friends who helped with the search today xxx
- 2012-02-08 15:51 jobadger
- I've added Gabby to the FB page 'Support for Owners of Missing Dogs'
The more people share, the more people are aware. Let's hope there's news soon for those babies who are missing on DL. xx
- 2012-02-07 17:23 DonnaB
- I live in Leicester and I,m always in Thurmaston, I,m either shopping or visiting my mum and I notice every dog. If she is being walked in the area, I have a very good chance of seeing her. My eyes are peeled and my fingers are crossed.
- 2012-02-07 16:45 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Gabbys owner was sent LE contact numbers and further info a few days ago. Her details are now on Doglost Leicestershire Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/253035444712684 plus my own personal facebook Last edited: 2012-02-07 21:21:13 by Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- 2012-02-07 13:55 Jayne - Head Office
- Due to new info in poster being emailed to helpers in LE1,2,3,4,5,6,7,11,12.
- 2012-01-30 13:00 Amanda Still Missing Gabby :-(
- Please Bring Gabby Home - Poem By Amanda Mannion (Gabby's Mum)
There is nobody that can replace,
Our dog who left without a trace,
Black and tan,white chest and paws,
Large terrier breed,we miss her of course.
We believe somebody has taken her in,
Thought she was a stray-thrown out with the bin.
Ten years she was ours,a true family member,
Saw all children born January,May and November.
Her name was Gabby,she had wire fur,
There's nothing that can shake this hurt.
Pink collar with hearts on she had on when she left us,
Did your neighbour gain a dog which seemed a little sus?
It's been two years of torture and pain,
Constantly searching and trying to gain,
Just one little piece if information,
We even phoned the radio stations.
Newspapers, Facebook, dogs homes, you name it,
Leaflets and posters, not even one hit.
Microchipped, spayed and very well looked after,
Frightened of fireworks, there's no dog more dafter!
My husband and I and all four kids too,
We adore her you see, now here's what to do,
It's easily solved-just a scan at the vets,
Tell them whats happened and they'll do the rest.
My son still wakes crying for Gabby at night,
His best friend has gone-understand our plight?
She has a home right here with us,
With a family who love her so very much.
Time's running out, she's an old girl you see,
Can't you tell how happy we'd be?
Look for her when walking dogs or playing in the park,
Driving to see family or even in the dark.
Please send Gabby home, we miss her so much,
If you know who has her, then please get in touch.
Amanda, Vince, Lewis, Sam, Eve and Dylan. xxxxx
07762 737327 or 02476361908
Reward for safe return.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
- 2012-01-24 17:34 Jayne - Head Office
- Have spoken again with owners and we are looking into various routes of action...there will be no further updates on presumed whereabouts as we are taking the softly softly approach to establish first if it is the dog...will liase with Central co-ordinator and Leicester co-ordinator.
- 2012-01-24 13:41 Jayne - Head Office
- Have advised that owner gets in touch with local council
- 2012-01-24 11:32 Jayne - Head Office
- Will email out to local helpers
- 2012-01-24 11:20 Jayne - Head Office
- Just had a call from a CMW reader to say a dog the spitting image of Gabby arrived on an estate near him 2 years and 4 months ago...it may be that the dog was rehomed via rescue... but we dont know...have passed on details to owner.
- 2012-01-20 12:24 Amanda Still Missing Gabby :-(
- Thank you. Still keeping everything crossed. My son misses her so much (as do our other 3 children) but Sam has such a special connection with Gabby that just shouldn't have been broken. Autism is hard enough to cope with but sams lost his best friend too. Whatever the outcome- we NEED to know what has happened to her. xxxxx
- 2012-01-19 08:16 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine.
- 2011-10-30 00:23 Lorraine - Area Co-ordinator Kent
- Amanda, so sorry to see Gabby is still not back with you :( My dog has been missing 16 months so I know what youre going through. I will keep my eyes open online for her xxx Fingers crossed for you x
- 2011-10-25 18:21 Amanda Still Missing Gabby :-(
- The Coventry Evening Telegraph have printed my poem today so fingers crossed for some news. Please share her information and do not worry about phoning with a mistaken sighting- we would rather have that than nothing at all. We haven't heard anything at all as yet so please look for her. Many thanks. Amanda (Gabbys Mum) x
- 2011-10-10 22:43 Amanda Still Missing Gabby :-(
- It's been 2 years tomorrow. Come on home Gabby we miss you. :( Please join Gabby's facebook page. We really need all the support we can get. xxxx
- 2011-09-14 20:56 Amanda Still Missing Gabby :-(
- Thank-you for creating gabbys Facebook page 'Gabby missing Ash Green Coventry' Hope we hear something positive soon. Last edited: 2011-09-25 18:26:56 by Amanda Still Missing Gabby :-(
- 2011-09-13 16:50 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Amanda here is Gabby's Facebook page
- 2011-09-09 16:47 Amanda Still Missing Gabby :-(
- Thank you. X
- 2011-09-09 08:09 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Amanda I've just added Gabby's details to Dog lost Facebook pages Central, West Midlands and East Midlands.
- 2011-09-08 23:56 Amanda Still Missing Gabby :-(
- I've seen quite a few lost dog posts now that have had their dogs put on Facebook lost dog, how do I do that? We'll try anything now. Feel a bit like we're running out of options. Thank you.
- 2011-08-31 15:55 JD
- Posted in Rugby Pawprints, Things for Sale in Cov and Warwickshire.
- 2011-08-31 11:09 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in The Countryman's Weekly magazine today. I hope it brings some news.
- 2011-05-16 20:35 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Amanda I've just seen your message on reunited Jet's page and I'm sorry that Gabby is still missing. I will advertise her again as soon as possible. Please keep your poster campaign up especially at places who scan. Re-contact places that have had a poster in the past to let them know you're still stooking for her. I know it's difficult to keep motivated after such a long time but dogs can still turn up somewhere and get home through their chip.
- 2010-10-06 10:08 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Gabby is in The Countryman's Weekly magazine today. Good luck.
- 2010-07-07 21:31 Amanda Still Missing Gabby :-(
- I can't thank you all enough for your support. It's so refreshing to know that are so many good souls out there who are prepared to help. x
- 2010-07-04 17:24 sheilbria
- Pet Shops in Bedworth (CV12)postered yesterday, and hoping to do vets on Monday
- 2010-07-02 18:40 scoobysmum
- Will forward your poster on to a list of dogshows I have over the next couple of months, and horse riding stables, goodluckx
- 2010-07-01 23:39 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- Registered helpers in these areas ahve been emailed posters CV1,CV10,CV11,CV12,CV2,CV3,CV4,CV5,CV6,CV7,CV8. If you have not recieved an emai lease update your profile to accept email alerts to ensure that you get all the latest alerts
- 2010-06-30 08:25 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Gabby is in The Countryman's Weekly magazine today. Good Luck
- 2010-06-06 19:53 wickedweims
- have spoken to owners they are heartbroken,there little boy is they have poster 600/800 posters sheisa much loved dog,the owners have had no internet forthe last couple of months so hopewe can find this girl
- 2010-06-06 19:43 Sable -Co-ordinator Scotland
- Have sent a message asking for district and postcode for this dog as there was none included at time of posting.