Lost: White With Black Markings Over Eyes, Black Spots On Ears And Black Mark On Base Of Tail Patterdale Cross Male In South West (TA6)
- Dog ID 23333
- Status Lost
- Registered 12 May 2010
- Name SMIFFY
- Gender & Breed Male Patterdale Cross (Neutered)
- Age Adult
- Build Small
- Colour White with Black markings over eyes, black spots on ears and black mark on base of tail
- Tail Docked
- Marks & Scars Black hair on base of tail
- Tagged Yes
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 12 May 2010
- Where Lost Bridgwater, Somerset
- Lost In Region South West
- Lost In Post Area TA6
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Long legged white JR type dog with a wiry coat. Approx 13" high, wiry muscular build. May be nervous of strangers. Black mark on base of tail which is docked.
- Phone 1 01278 429790
- Phone 2 07757 647051
- Reward? £2000
- Listed By Thorrocks0
- Views 9258
- Followers 0
- View Poster
- See more dogs Lost in TA6
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please post if you have news about this dog. Log in above or register to leave comments or to like them.
Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to here.
- 2013-05-11 06:54 Thorrocks0
- Thank you all for your best wishes and help spreading the word via Facebook etc and also your optimism which I share!
Smiffy has been missing for 3 years now and still no news. I continue to think of him and hope.
- 2013-02-07 23:30 Skyed
- Followed a link from many tears, sorry he hasn't been found yet, I have shared on my FB page, he is very distinctive, sure I would know him if I see him, keep hoping, some do turn up eventually, best wishes. S
- 2012-11-28 00:51 Alicat
- I am so sorry to hear that Smiffy is still missing :( I remember him well as he shared a kennel at MT with the Rottie girl we adopted, Ruby. When we went to meet her we took them both for a walk, he's such a lovely little lad that we'd wished we could have adopted him too. I do hope you hear something soon about his whereabouts, Ali xx
- 2012-06-05 09:06 TerenceT
- Don't give up hope as some microchipped dogs have turned up when vets scan years later
- 2012-05-09 10:06 Thorrocks0
- Smiffy has been missing for 2 years now, with no real news. Think of him many times daily.
Smith, if you read this I am still looking for you and WILL see you again. xx
- 2011-12-24 18:35 jane
- Sorry Smiffy is not back home. I remember him from the MTs site, and was so pleased when he found a home. I regularly checked DL just to see if he is back yet. Thinking of you and Smiffy x
- 2011-09-01 08:27 Thorrocks0
- Thank you for continuing to think of him.
Anything could have happened to this dog, he may be living with people or living rough. I long for news of him and any scrap of info will be gratefully received.
- 2011-08-31 11:48 dewilliams42
- GOOD LUCK.
- 2011-08-31 11:14 B30
- Advertised in The Countryman's Weekly magazine today. I hope it brings some news.
- 2011-08-02 07:20 Thorrocks0
- AB: Thank you for your help. I contacted the TLOs for Somerset, Devon, Glos and the police shortly after he went missing.
TT: Many thanks. Am not great with all that stuff and did try RR forum but never could manage to work it!!
Went to a working terrier and lurcher show at the weekend 8 miles from me. Passed his details to terrier people from Wales, Cotswolds and Bristol and other areas, including the terrier judge!
A kind person has twice had a 'feeling' that he is living as a stray in the Midford area of Bath and another person that he is in woodland where nobody goes. Have looked on Google Earth and Midford is indeed very rural with large areas of woodland. I have already contacted the DW for that area but intend in the next week or so to send a letter to landowners in the area with his details asking them to lookout and also contact Bath Riding Club as their members may be out and about in remote parts.
I do not want to involve the press as it is a very tenuous link and the people involved are just doing me a favour and do not wish to be identified.
- 2011-07-30 18:42 TerenceT
- Have posted Smiffy's details on Twitter, Facebook and Rescue Remedies forum (covers Terrier & Patterdale Rescue)
- 2011-07-28 08:58 AntheaB
- Thx for email de - I was looking under 'smithy', how posh!:) I'll share on facebook. I've recently made friends with a lovely traveller lady and I pass lost dog details to her every now and then. She's static at the moment but will be on the move again soon, but in any case has a lot of contacts. Has Smiffy's mum contacted the traveller liaison officer? Will keep in touch dee xxx
- 2011-07-25 17:38 dewilliams42
- ANTHEA B. IS FROM NORTHAMPTON I BELIEVE-DONT KNOW IF THIS POSSIBLE SIGHTING IS NEAR TO HER. ANY MORE NEWS RE THE STRAY NEAR BATH?
- 2011-07-25 08:57 Spindle
- ThorrocksO, have e mailed the sighter to eliminate Smiffy.
- 2011-07-25 07:48 Thorrocks0
- Thank you for keeping him in mind, he was wearing a brown leather collar when I lost him and doubt he even has that still. Is there any way that the person who spotted the terrier could be shown his picture to see if it resembled him? If it did, I will be up to Northampton in no time at all!
A couple of weeks ago I had some intelligence that he could be a stray in the Midford area of Bath. I have contacted the Bath Dog Warden by phone, had a very helpful conversation and sent her his details and pictures.
- 2011-07-24 22:42 Sherlock
- Gosh sounds very very similar - will alert local coordinator - do you know when this sighting was?
- 2011-07-24 22:37 sapphire82
- could this be Smiffy? found in Northampton
Has anyone lost a Terrier?
It's black & white with a yellow collar.
I don't have it as I got chased away by cows, but I know where to find it. It's in a fairly enclosed field near the bedford road roundabout.
I can't get hold of the RSPCA or the dog warden.
PLEASE REPOST TO SPREAD THE WORD
- 2011-07-02 07:11 Thorrocks0
- Puddies/AntheaB: Many thanks for your help/suggestions. Did not make Devon County but am off to a hard core working terrier show this Sunday all being well.
Thank you for putting him on facebook. He actually is on Gumtree, but it was all a mystery to me so he ended up going on in the London area! I tried hard to get him posted UK-wide but it went very wrong.
He is also on Its Been Nicked (first dog ever on there) and so many other sites I have forgotten which they were.
I am so hoping that one day I will be able to post some good news.
- 2011-05-28 17:09 AntheaB
- Have shared on Jasper Littleman's facebook page too. I'm so very sorry. So hope you find little Smiffy soon. I've been looking for Jasper for about two weeks (lost track of time, one day rolling into another). Try putting the little man on Preloved, Gumtree, freeads, national pet register - every site you can think of. Just google 'missing dog' and most sites will come up on the first page. We're a long way from you, but if I can help in any way please let me know. Anthea x
- 2011-05-16 14:27 Puddies
- Its the devon county show this weekend, there will be loads of people there, I think they usually have some sort of display with terriers etc, Might be worth taking some leaflets there if you are able x
- 2011-05-15 08:17 Thorrocks0
- Thank you all for your support and help. I will never get over this, nor the fact that somebody in all probability heard me calling for him and took him anyway.
- 2011-05-14 09:36 dewilliams42
- HOPE THIS BRINGS YOU THE LONG AWAITED NEWS YOU WANT. ITS ALL JUST SUCH A MYSTERY-NO EVIDENCE/ SIGHTINGS-HE MUST HAVE JUST BEEN WHISKED AWAY QUICKLY-AFTER ALL YOU WERE JUST BEHIND HIM. FINGERS CROSSED AND SPEAK SOON.
- 2011-05-13 22:42 mandym
- I will share on my f/b page, i hope he comes home soon....
- 2011-05-13 20:35 Reynard
- I always having Smiffy in mind when looking for dogs , he is such a noticeable chap and is chipped he should be found bless him!
I will ask he goes into Countryman's Weekly again & bump his page
Good Luck hope we see Smiffy in the blue soon! xxxLast edited: 2011-05-13 20:38:09 by Reynard
- 2011-05-13 19:41 Thorrocks0
- It is now a year since Smith went missing. There has never been any news of him at all. I am still giving out flyers. I cannot give up hope of seeing him again.
- 2011-03-22 14:44 Thorrocks0
- Still no news. Reward updated to £2,000. I just hope he is out there somewhere.
- 2011-02-16 06:08 Thorrocks0
- Still no news at all. Did a collection for Many Tears at Pets at Home on Sat and handed out more flyers. Have put a £2,000 reward for his return on the Its Been Nicked website.
Will just plod on and hope.
- 2010-12-30 13:34 Reynard
- Still looking and hoping for return of Smiffy xxx
Lets have a Very Happy New Year 2011!
- 2010-12-30 06:29 Thorrocks0
- Still no news, have sent a lot of Xmas cards with fliers inside. Will keep trying.
- 2010-11-28 16:34 dewilliams42
- funny thing i was only thinking of your woodburner and smithy during this cold snap. glad to hear you are still feeling positive.
- 2010-11-28 14:37 Thorrocks0
- Have bought myself a 'dongle' or something(!!) after over a week of no internet and waiting for my internet "provider"(!!) to reconnect me. Dinkydoodle - would so love you to put a poster up for him and Riverlady - many thanks for putting Smith on Twitter. Thanks to both of you. No news as yet from Shooting Times but will never give up on him. Smith - if you are out there I hope you are warm and I always remember every time I light the woodburner how you used to like to lie right in front of it. I am still looking for you and am having more fliers printed.
- 2010-11-27 10:11 Riverlady - Twitter Co-ordinator, Social Media Team
- Have put Smiffy on twitter + will circulate.
- 2010-11-26 21:39 dinkydoodle
- I saw Smiffy's poster in the Taunton Deane services with the Many Tears volunteers when I stopped last week to put up a poster for now reunited Aurelio, I am so sorry he is still not home, I will look out for him in the Bristol area - do you want me to put up a poster for him in our usual places? I would be happy to do so. Come on little boy.x.Last edited: 2010-11-26 21:43:40 by dinkydoodle
- 2010-11-26 20:13 Reynard
- Good Luck for some good news of Smiffy ,,,,,,,,,,please!
- 2010-11-26 10:12 B30
- Advertised in The Shooting Times magazine. Good Luck
- 2010-11-10 07:00 Thorrocks0
- Still no news. Continue to give out fliers. Was 'talked' into contacting a clairvoyant who said Smiffy was dead. I of course burst into tears and put the phone down but have to say I do wonder if he is still alive. Anyway, the Sedgemoor Dog Warden is still on the look out for him and so am I.
- 2010-10-12 07:52 Thorrocks0
- Still no news. Spoke to a lady at a country show a few weeks ago and she took some fliers as she has 'contacts'. She said I may get a phone call but so far nothing.
- 2010-09-06 19:12 Thorrocks0
- Update: His poster has appeared at M5 services for six days over 2 weekends, flyers have been handed out and people have taken posters to put up in their workplaces all over UK. Went to country dogshow about 15 miles away and handed out fliers (terrier racing, best terrier classes etc). Lots of interest and one lady asked if it was Smiffy, as she had been talking to the Dogwarden about him just that week. The Dogwarden was surprised that he was still missing. Gave his details to some 'terrier men' who said he had been nicked as he was goodlooking and was probably working. Will plug on.
- 2010-09-02 20:30 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator, Bedfordshire
- Have made and sent fliers, good luck xxx
- 2010-08-26 21:27 Thorrocks0
- Would it be possible to have some fliers - am going to the Sedgemoor services on M5 on Sat to help with a 'Many Tears Rescue' collection and will be taking my own fliers with me plus your poster. Plan to do more of these in the future and fliers with the Doglost logo would be good publicity. Thank you for your help. Sally
- 2010-07-24 15:26 dewilliams42
- oh i see-thought it was just one factory. just a tiny clue could help. however im sure you have not left a stone unturned.it must be so frustrating for you just trying to think of where to go next. once my son comes back from holiday i will ask him to print some posters for me and also to put some up where he lives in worcester.Last edited: 2010-08-16 13:18:27 by Spindle
- 2010-07-24 14:48 Thorrocks0
- Diane, will e-mail you and thanks for your help with posters. No, I have not reserved Diamond!! He looks so much like Smith that I would expect him to behave like him! Just to clear up the confusion, he 'vanished' along a pathway by a light industrial estate, where there are lorries from all over England delivering . The day after he went I distributed posters to all the units and asked if there was CCTV. There was none on any of the units but I don't think anyone would admit to picking a dog up and taking it so trying to trace the deliveries that day would I suspect have been futile. Last edited: 2010-08-16 13:17:14 by Spindle
- 2010-07-24 12:33 dewilliams42
- HI, WHAT THE ANIMAL COMMUNICATOR SAID PROBABLY GIVES YOU SOME COMFORT.DO YOU THINK THE LORRIES FROM THE ENGINEERING WORKS COULD BE INVOLVED. PERHAPS A DRIVER FANCIED HIM. THEY WOULD KEEP A LOG ON LORRIES ARRIVING ETC. IM SURE SYLVIA WOULD'NT MIND YOU ASKING WHAT AREAS THE DOGS SHE RECEIVED WHICH WERE RESCUED FROM TRAVELLERS CAME FROM-SHE IS ALL FOR DOGS. HOW DID SMITHY COME TO BE IN MANY TEARS. I WILL CERTAINLY PUT SOME POSTERS UP BUT I WIOLL HAVE TO ASK MY SON TO PRINT THEM OFF AS I DONT HAVE A PRINTER. EVERY TIME I CONTACT YOU ON THIS SITE I FEEL YOU MAY THINK IT IS NEWS SAW DIAMOND HAD BEEN RESERVED-WONDERED IF IT WAS YOU. HOPING YOU MAY GET A NEW LEAD SOON.Last edited: 2010-08-16 13:04:31 by Spindle
- 2010-07-24 11:21 Thorrocks0
- Diane. The police and County Council TLO's only operate in the Somerset area as I understand it. Not willing to go down the animal communicator route again as I thought she was so accurate in what she told me about him and she said he was alive and not unhappy, well fed and treated that I am using that as 'closure' if I never find him. Continuing to give out fliers and posters wherever I am (went to Dorset yesterday!), will continue to advertise him periodically and it would be ever so helpful if you could stick his poster up in your vet/supermarket. Don't like to trouble Sylvia any further - I think she has more than enough to do! Not heard from the production companies but my e-mail does'nt seem to be working! Will not give up on that one - I do think we need a TV programme.
- 2010-07-22 11:27 dewilliams42
- just me again! i just had a thought, sylvia(many tears) has recently had a few jrt/terrier type rescued from travellers or just left behind by them. perhaps she could tell you where or be able to help you contact these people as they might have seen other dogs which they had in their camp. worth a try. if you knew what sites/or areas these dogs were rescued from perhaps the tlo could then investigate.
- 2010-07-22 11:06 dewilliams42
- dont give up hope, he has to be somewhere and you have ruled out anything unpleasant. he is just waiting for you to find him. do you live on your own like me, if so our dogs are extra special to us. whatever it is callous and distressing for owners and dogs. why dont you try putting his photo in different newspapers again, even magazines, someone may see him. wish i could help you in some way but i will keep a look out here in swansea.have you tried the dog contacter since? there are lots of dogs on doglost, some missing a few years, never been found so where are they? it probably feels like years to you but dont give up.Last edited: 2010-08-16 13:00:58 by Spindle
- 2010-07-22 10:24 Thorrocks0
- The words I was looking for yesterday were 'Production Companies'! Have e-mailed 2. Yes I did mean Diamond - so much like my boy. I found coping very difficult so fostered dogs for a local charity for a while and then a lady gave me her 5 year old patterdale x JR as it had fallen out with her other dogs and he was going to the Blue Cross. He is very sweet but not Smith. Should I ever get Smith back, which is looking less likely every day, she will have him back. As far as I know police and council TLO's still have his details. Last edited: 2010-08-16 13:02:40 by Spindle
- 2010-07-21 16:31 dewilliams42
- THANKS FOR THAT INFO. DO YOU MEAN THE PUP CALLED DIAMOND? HE SO REMINDS ME OF SMIFFY AND MY MYLO. I LOOK DAILY BUT CANT HAVE ONE AS I WORK NIGHT SHIFTS OF 11 HOURS. I WOULD LOVE TO GIVE A RESCUE DOG A HOME, AN OLDER ONE AS PIPPA IS 13 BUT I STILL FEEL LIKE BETRAYING MYLO IN A WAY. I DONT KNOW HOW YOU COPE. I ALWAYS FEEL SO SORRY FOR THE LIVES THAT SOME OF THEM HAVE HAD. THERE ARE SO MANY LOST DOGS ON DOGLOST-IT IS HEARTBREAKING. HOPE YOU GET SOME NEW LEADS SOON-MAYBE SOMEONE WILL REMEMBER SOMETHING. NO MORE INFO ON THE TRAVELLERS? ARE THE TLO STILL HELPING?
- 2010-07-21 15:19 Thorrocks0
- Diane. Did briefly look at this as my next project. It seems you have to try and find out who makes that type of programme, as various different companies seem to make them. Sorry, this is not clear as I'm not clear on it myself! ie I think you look at the credits at the end of, for example, an RSPCA prog. PS: Have you seen the new Parsons pup at Many Tears?
- 2010-07-21 13:00 dewilliams42
- GOOD LUCK WITH THAT. TRIED TO CONTACT BBC TV TO SUGGEST A PET WATCH PROGRAMME AS STEALING DOGS SEEMS TO BE BIG BUSINESS AND MOST PEOPLE LOOK AT TV. A SHORT PROGRAMME WITH DOGS PHOTO MIGHT ALERT PEOPLE. I WROTE TO WRONG ADDRESS-ANY IDEA WHERE I SHOULD WRITE?
- 2010-07-21 11:13 Thorrocks0
- Have put Smiffy on 'Its Been Nicked' - a new website for stolen goods. You need a crime number. He is their first dog. Fingers crossed.
- 2010-07-16 14:09 dewilliams42
- HI, WAS HOPING BY NOW YOU MIGHT HAVE HEARD SOMETHING OR SOMEONE WHO MIGHT HAVE REMEMBERED SOMETHING. IT MUST BE SO HARD FOR YOU JUST WAITING FROM DAY TO DAY. I LOST MY PARSONS JRT FROM ILLNESS NEARLY A YEAR AGO AND I AM STILL TRYING TO COME TO TERMS WITH IT-SMIFFY HAS THE SAME EXPRESSION AS MYLO HAD AND I WAS DRAWN TO HIM AT ONCE. I STILL HAVE MY JRT PIPPA BUT SHE MISSES MYLO AS THEY HAD NEVER BEEN APART. I DO SO HOPE YOU WILL HEAR OF A LEAD SOON. THINKING OF YOU. DIANE
- 2010-07-07 15:48 Thorrocks0
- dewilliams: Many thanks. Still no news and no response from Countryman's Weekly. I am sure, along with so many of the others, somebody knows where he is. Still sending out posters and advertising. Am working on a short story for a magazine about him and absolutely second your idea about a 'crimewatch' type progamme about missing pets.
- 2010-07-05 14:58 dewilliams42
- BEEN THINKING OF YOU AND WONDERING IF YOU HAD ANY NEWS OR LEADS TO FOLLOW. DO SO HOPE SMIFFY WILL BE FOUND SOON.
- 2010-06-30 20:59 Thorrocks0
- Many thanks for your help and putting him in the Countryman's. Still no news but early days.
- 2010-06-30 07:28 B30
- Smiffy is in The Countryman's Weekly magazine today. Good Luck
- 2010-06-29 12:44 Reynard
- Smiffy is in this weeks edition of Countryman's Weekly, Good Luck xxx
- 2010-06-28 15:45 dewilliams42
- HELLO, GLAD TO SEE YOU HAVE HAD A RESPONSE FROM THE POLICE AT LAST AND TLO. I NOTICE THERE IS A LINK FOR FACEBOOK ON THIS SITE FOR MISSING PETS-IT MAY HELP SPREADING THE SEARCH FURTHER AFIELD. HOPING YOU GET SOME POSITIVE RESULTS SOON.Last edited: 2010-08-16 13:19:42 by Spindle
- 2010-06-26 15:00 Thorrocks0
- Have now been successful with police, he has been logged as stolen and I have a crime number. Bridgwater Police's Travellers Liaison Officer has a poster and another picture of him, and so does the Travellers Liaison Officer at Somerset County Council who said there have only been two unofficial camps in Somerset since May. One were new age travellers and the other Irish gypsies. They are going to look out for him on their travels, but as i'm 95% sure he nipped under a fence into a lorry park, he may well have been out of the county for some time. Had a text message asking if I had found him from somebody who had seen the police remove a dead JR off the side of a road in Bridgwater, but checked with Environmental Health and they had no unclaimed dogs in the freezer. No response from the advert in Horse and Hound.
- 2010-06-22 15:39 dewilliams42
- SORRY NO NEWS. I SEE LOTS OF PEOPLE ADVERTISE IN COUNTRYMANS WEEKLY OR TRADE IT. DID YOU SEARCH ALONG THE ROADSIDE OF THE A39 INCASE SOMEONE HAD HIT HIM WITH THEIR CAR AND CHECKED WITH ENVIRONMENT HEALTH. SORRY TO BE SO DISMAL JUST TRYING TO THINK OF EVERYTHING. DO YOU THINK AN ARTICLE IN LOCAL PAPER MAY JOG SOMEONES MEMORY ABOUT THE TRAVELLERS-PERHAPS WHAT TYPE OF VEHICLES ETC. WHAT IS THE TLO YOU REFER TO? HOPE YOU GET SOME RESPONSE FROM THE POLICE SOON BE THINKING OF YOU AND HOPE YOU GET A BREAK SOON.
- 2010-06-21 20:24 Thorrocks0
- Local radio not interested whe n I first asked them. Not heard from police but will try again (4th time!). If that fails, am seriously considering comitting a small scale crime myself, a bit of shoplifting perhaps, and then I would get an interview! Hopefully it may make the nationals. I agree wholeheartedly with a crimewatch programme about stolen pets. He has been in Horse and Hound for a week now and no news. I don't think he was being watched, more an opportunist theft as had not walked there for about 4 weeks. Can't ever get to speak to the TLO to find out where there were traveller sites. I will not give up. Went to a dog show on Sunday near Taunton and loads of people are going to display posters for me in their areas.
- 2010-06-20 20:53 Debbie
- I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it but have you asked the local radio to help. The only reason I mention it is that my sister's dog went missing and like you her family did everything they could think of but without any response. Their dog was missing about three weeks and within a couple of hours of her story being aired on local radio she was returned. Charlie was only three streets away and the person who took her in didn't think to contact the dog warden!
- 2010-06-18 11:03 dewilliams42
- JUST WONDERED IF THERE WAS ANY NEWS. ANY LUCK WITH THE POLICE. I NOTICE SOME PEOPLE HAVE USED FACEBOOK AND LOCAL NEWS REELS. CRIMEWATCH MIGHT HELP-DOG SNATCHING IS BECOMING A BIG THING NOW. THERE SHOULD BE A PROGRAMME DEVOTED TO THIS TO TRY TRACE MISSING PETS. HOPE YOU WILL HAVE SOME NEWS SOON.
- 2010-06-16 11:29 dewilliams42
- ITS HARD TO KNOW WHERE TO GO NEXT. IF ONLY YOU COULD TRACE THE TRAVELLERS. HAD THEY BEEN WATCHING HIM OR DID THEY JUST SEE HIM AND FANCY HIM. I SAW SMIFFY ON MANY TEARS-HE HAD SUCH A PLAINTIVE FACE. THERE ARE TWO LEFT BY TRAVELLERS ON THE SITE NOW BUT DONT KNOW WHICH AREA THEY CAME FROM. DID THE ANIMAL COMMUNICATOR GIVE ANY FURTHER CLUES AS TO HIS WHEREABOUTS? SOMEONE WITH A SNIFFER DOG MAY HAVE BEEN ABLE TO HELP INCASE HE WAS STUCK SOMEWHERE. I ONCE SAW A STORY IN TAKE A BREAK ABOUT A MISSING DOG, MAYBE THAT WOULD ALERT PEOPLE.
- 2010-06-16 09:23 Thorrocks0
- Stow Fair was in May and Appleby Fair was at the beginning of June, so have missed them. Have been trying for nearly a week now to get a crime number, but police never turn up/ring! Will keep going to the police station every day. Two of the policewomen have Many Tears rescue dogs and look at the site and have seen him on there, so they are keeping their eyes peeled in Bridgwater area, but as I have said, I think he could be anywhere.
- 2010-06-14 08:29 dewilliams42
- I THOUGHT THE SUN/MIRROR WHICH A LOT OF PEOPLE READ.THE STOW FAIR SOUNDS LIKELY TOO-ARE YOU ABLE TO GO? MAYBE POLICE CAN HELP WITH LOCATIONS OF TRAVELLERS SITES.I WILL KEEP FINGERS CROSSED.
- 2010-06-14 06:52 Thorrocks0
- Yes, have been thinking this. Can do H&H, what papers do you suggest? I did think Exchange & Mart might be a good one. Anyway, TLO back in today so will do my best to speak to her. Police did not come on Saturday (probably busy!) to take a statement and GIVE ME A CRIME NUMBER but will be harrassing them again today. He does have distinctive markings so should be easy enough to spot. Have feeling he was taken in time for Stow Fair.
- 2010-06-13 10:12 dewilliams42
- sorry smiffy is still missing. could you put his photo in national papers to take search further afield. good luck.
- 2010-06-10 20:35 Reynard
- Apparently there were Travellers in the area that day and we know how they like a Terrier,if anyone can tell us where they went as they have now moved on ,there is a large Reward for safe return of Smiffy. Last edited: 2010-06-10 20:37:34 by Reynard
- 2010-06-09 09:16 Thorrocks0
- The sightings were not Smithy. An animal communicator I contacted has told me that just after I lost sight of him, he was lured with food by somebody in the light industrial estate next to where I lost him and taken away in a vehicle to be sold. This is as I suspected anyway, and I shall try and get the police to give me a crime number. He could be anywhere in the UK. She described what would probably be a travellers site.
- 2010-06-03 20:59 Spindle
- Sent owner advice and scenting instructions.
- 2010-06-03 17:54 Majorjet (Jan) - NW Area Co-ordinator, Merseyside
- Thorrocks0, hope the sightings is Smiffy and you find him soon. Good luck. Jan x BUMPED DUE TO SIGHTINGS
- 2010-06-03 14:09 Thorrocks0
- Had a phone call from a lady this morning to say she had seen a terrier that ran off in Chilton Street, Bridgwater near the Flag Pub yesterday evening. She thought it was the same dog as in my poster in Sainsburys. I went down there and spoke to the postman and gave him a poster who confirmed he had seen a very similar/same dog heading off towards the park yesterday morning. Have walked round speaking to everyone but will take car later and poster in the pub, local shop and street corners. Fingers double crossed.
- 2010-05-20 10:11 Nikki
- Good to talk to you Sally. Hope you find him very soon x
- 2010-05-16 11:27 Spindle
- No calls at all of Smiffy. Owner has been active postering and going back to where last seen. If he was down hole sure she would hear him. He does NOT like other dogs, hence the muzzle. Given further advice.
- 2010-05-13 20:03 Spindle
- Owner was walking Smiffy when he disappeared. He is a hunter and could well be down a hole. Given advice on who to contact and postering.
- 2010-05-13 12:57 Poochpal - Regional Co-ordinator, South West
- Answer phone message left with brief advice and left my mobile number. Hope he is found soon.