Reunited: Black Affenpinscher Male
- Dog ID 112817
- Status Reunited
- Registered 20 Mar 2017
- Name MALCOLM
- Gender & Breed Male Affenpinscher (Neutered)
- Age Adult
- Colour black
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged Yes
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed Unknown
- Date Lost 18 Mar 2017
- Where Lost Draycott Farm, between sheep farm and forest . Farm is ashington area between Mudford and Limmington.
- Lost In Region South West
- Lost In Post Area BA21
- Date Found 27 Mar 2017
- Where Found Trapped locally.
- Found In Region South West
- Found In Post Area BA21
- Date Reunited 27 Mar 2017
- Other Info
- Listed By graffhouse
- Views 3859
- See more Reunited dogs
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please post if you have news about this dog. Log in above or register to leave comments or to like them.
Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to here.
- 2017-03-28 16:06 Bobble - Area Co-ordinator, Somerset & North Dorset
- Great to see him in the blue, but there are lots of followers wanting to know the story please!
- 2017-03-28 14:54 Doglover
- Absolutely fantastic result and a big well done to Katie F....xx x
- 2017-03-28 00:37 KatieF - Area Volunteer, Somerset
- A heartwarming search for a little dog that seemed to disappear and give his poor owners that worst feeling ever :(
Once spotted in a sparsely populated but extremely helpful small community in twilight hours we were all very hopeful to secure the little man who had scared himself witless. Well worth the sleepless dog spotting and reminds me it's always worth seeking until you find xx
Wonderful owners who cared soo much they deserved the best result. Just tugs those heart strings for the Enzo's, Bertie's, chaos', Luna's and other Somerset dogs I just can't find but I still have hope for 🙏🏻😢🐶Last edited: 2017-03-28 00:39:29 by KatieF - Area Volunteer, Somerset
- 2017-03-27 23:44 #stoppettheft
- Wonderful News, what a lovely photo.
Well Done everyone for the oh-so-careful way in which You 'trapped' Him , slowly but surely does it - Stay safe now lovely Malcom x
- 2017-03-27 22:07 Spindle
- Brilliant news Malcolm is now safey home. Well done that team.
- 2017-03-27 21:08 Reynard - Area Volunteer, Wiltshire
- Welcome home Malcolm, fantastic capture ,exceptional help from Katie, great team effort - well done all x
- 2017-03-27 20:28 Coombs
- Thats just great... I had a sneaky feeling this morning he was gonna be home at last... big hugs to Malcolm from Megan my JR! x
- 2017-03-27 20:06 graffhouse
- Thank you all for your efforts, especially Katie who has clearly been exceptional. Terrific result.
- 2017-03-27 20:06 Ronmaxtye F1 - Area Volunteer, Essex
- great news
- 2017-03-27 19:52 Turtle
- Welcome home Malcolm, looking forward to hearing the story. Great work everyone involved, relief all round. ☺☺☺
- 2017-03-27 19:51 Jasper - Area Volunteer, Somerset
- Lovely reunited photo. Very pleased he is finally home, safe warm and dry. Sleep well!
- 2017-03-27 19:47 Millypod (Chris) - Administrative Volunteer
- Well done to all involved.
Welcome home Little Malcom.xx
- 2017-03-27 19:07 Sarah - Twitter Co-ordinator, Social Media Team
- Wow Wonderful News! Well done everyone and I am so pleased for his family x
- 2017-03-27 18:56 Max - Area Co-ordinator, Cornwall
- Wow fabulous news :) Will update my share on fb
- 2017-03-27 18:50 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Great news...well done team Malcom!....tell us more!
- 2017-03-27 18:48 Poochpal - Regional Co-ordinator, South West
- So pleased to see this little one back safely where he belongs. Moving to the blue but will leave owners to update the details.
- 2017-03-27 18:35 sheltielover
- BEST NEWS EVER - lovely re-united photos on his page, well done Team Malcolm a great controlled search and catch. Now stay safe little Malcolm.
- 2017-03-27 14:36 Coombs
- I following this story... really hope and pray some good news of catching Malcolm soon... he sounds quite a little character... Malcolm your Mum and dad needs you home ... hurry up xx
- 2017-03-27 09:59 Jasper - Area Volunteer, Somerset
- Would it be an idea to get him coming to a feeding spot first on a regular basis, very small amounts to ensure he returns regularly before springing the trap? If the trap fail to catch him,as sometimes happens, he could be scared away again.
- 2017-03-27 09:52 Jasper - Area Volunteer, Somerset
- Great news. Slowly does it.
- 2017-03-27 09:48 KatieF - Area Volunteer, Somerset
- Back from draycott home this morning. I left the owners sat in situ as I had just run into Malcolm again at 7am on same stretch.
We didn't speak, we clocked each other,on my return to the car after collecting the BBQs. I sat watched and he stood for a good few seconds before bolting to his safe spot.
I've moved the small trap to that area and set for day. Jo Southway will check periodically in the day. If no joy it can go back to lamb parlour tonight.
He looked to be moving well and fine. Hopefully the traps will entice him. Last edited: 2017-03-27 09:53:04 by KatieF - Area Volunteer, Somerset
- 2017-03-27 09:45 Doglover
- Come on Malcolm...time to come home. x
- 2017-03-27 09:23 Denise
- Great stuff Katie, you're a gem. Graffhouse - we're sending good vibes...this all looking so positive. x
- 2017-03-27 08:42 Bobble - Area Co-ordinator, Somerset & North Dorset
- Great news, a sighting at last.
- 2017-03-27 07:48 graffhouse
- My mum and dad are there now. Hopefully he'll emerge and see the car and my parents.
- 2017-03-27 07:42 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Well done Katie!
- 2017-03-27 01:15 KatieF - Area Volunteer, Somerset
- I'm out tonight after a positive sighting of Malcolm on the drove at
Traps were set in the wooded area and on the drove tonight but another sighting of him in the farmyard hanging around made me change one trap to there and the super farmer Jason n has left the orphan lamb barn open enough and I have placed owners coat as a bed on floor.
Then another sighting an hour ago as he appeared next to our running car as we pulled back up the road to disperse. He set the cottage security light off as three of us sat in the car! Silly monkey off in a flash in hedges so fingers crossed he wants to see the lambs again and find his mums smell tonight or fancies tea in the trap there.
I think we are at a stage where we know where he is and only local eyes and s feed station with trap and owners waiting for him will be required.
I'm still out now so I can man the trap until 5am then its home for the school runs. Happy landings will check the trap and arrange feeding Station in morning.
Cheers Katie foxLast edited: 2017-03-27 01:16:35 by KatieF - Area Volunteer, Somerset
- 2017-03-26 22:45 Poochpal - Regional Co-ordinator, South West
- Bumping due to sighting, come on Malcolm, time to go home.
- 2017-03-26 16:51 Poochpal - Regional Co-ordinator, South West
- Great news. Please can I ask everyone bar the owners and the persons who have been in contact with them stay away now it is known roughly where Malcolm is.
Thank you to whoever reported the sighting.
- 2017-03-26 14:08 graffhouse
- We've received phone calls at approximately 13:00 today, indicating that there have been sightings on and around Draycott Farm. The owners have gone to investigate.
- 2017-03-26 09:03 Poochpal - Regional Co-ordinator, South West
- From Little Malcolm's Facebook page.
Malcolm's breeder Nina Olsson Wikström has now been in touch with a recording of her dogs and of her calling them. So ground teams will try this whilst out. She also made the suggestion that Affenpinschers do recognise their own breed and likely to come out if seen.
Local searchers have checked streams and ditches, rabbit warrens etc. using an endoscope to see into difficult places but no sign of Malcolm yet. He has been shared to local groups and posters have been put up so hoping for better news today.
- 2017-03-26 07:40 Bobble - Area Co-ordinator, Somerset & North Dorset
- We need a sighting of Malcolm:
Please get plenty of posters up this morning, all pubs, local shops and petrol stations anywhere near should have one. As today is Mothering Sunday there will be a lot of people out for Sunday Lunch/Afternoon Tea/Walks etc. Get posters up and spread the word physically, do not rely on social media. Posters are still the best way to recover a lost dog.
- 2017-03-25 13:31 PAW
- Shared on PAW hope it helps https://www.facebook.com/groups/PAWhelpingdogs/permalink/459559664386873/
- 2017-03-25 09:26 Denise
- Hi Jasper, thanks for that. I've asked one of our team to check with the owner about the contact emails and what happened on Monday when she speaks with her today. The owners are an elderly couple and don't check emails too much. Here's the link to Malcolms page...lets hope he is found soon. xxx
https://www.facebook.com/groups/267984020320900/Last edited: 2017-03-25 09:35:49 by Denise
- 2017-03-25 09:04 Jasper - Area Volunteer, Somerset
- Hi Denise.I don't know if it was something that the owners wanted to pursue as I think they had tried previously. They have the emails and contact details of the company. Unable to find the Facebook page but hope there is some good news soon.
- 2017-03-24 21:47 Denise
- Hello Jasper, I'm helping on the "Help Find Little Malcolm" FB page. I've also been looking into drones. I've contacted the company that helped find Cherry in Wales and they have gioven me excellent advice and advised me to contact local people. The person I contacted locally told me it wouldn't be possible due to the flying restrictions in that area and not at night. Could you let me know the couple that you know of please. Maybe they have better info? or could you contact them? whichever is easiest. You can message me on FB to let me know. Many thanks Denise.
- 2017-03-24 16:48 Debbie
- Malcolm's Facebook page is 'Help Find Little Malcolm'. Please join and let's find him xx
- 2017-03-22 14:18 jenny4 - Area Co-ordinator, West Hampshire
- good luck I hope its him xx
- 2017-03-22 08:53 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Barking heard 10 minutes ago at half way house. Chilthorne Domer.
- 2017-03-22 08:52 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Thanks description altered and alerts sent to helpers in BA20,21,22. DT9.
- 2017-03-22 07:30 Jasper - Area Volunteer, Somerset
- Please could you let me know your thoughts regarding the emails I sent you last night regarding the drone Asap.
- 2017-03-22 07:22 graffhouse
- Hi Jayne, it's draycott farm, between Mudford and Lymington.
- 2017-03-22 06:17 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- can we confirm where Drayton farm is please as so many different placenames and postcodes given in this thread ....full address so we can resend alerts if necessary...as stated postdcode was wrong and has been changed...but admin not informed directly.
- 2017-03-21 23:24 JANI
- sharing to groups x
- 2017-03-21 20:52 Jasper - Area Volunteer, Somerset
- I have just had a couple of positive and very kind responses from 2 local thermal imaging drone companies which I will attempt to email to you. Let me know if it doesn't arrive, I'm not great at these things.
- 2017-03-21 19:56 graffhouse
- Thermal imaging was tried during Monday but nothing came up.
- 2017-03-21 19:47 graffhouse
- Hi, postcode updated. Thanks for the info.
- 2017-03-21 18:20 Bobble - Area Co-ordinator, Somerset & North Dorset
- TA10 is Langport, many TA postcodes come over to South Somerset area for example South Petherton is TA13 and that is further from Taunton and nearer to Yeovil.
Curry Rivel is a TA10 postcode.
Last edited: 2017-03-21 18:22:41 by Bobble - Area Co-ordinator, Somerset & North Dorset
- 2017-03-21 17:42 dogs4eva
- Please check out the postcode. (see my posts below).
- 2017-03-21 16:18 Sharon - Social Media Team
- I have shared with DL FB Page, Twitter & Public. I hope Malcolm is safely back at home soon. X
- 2017-03-21 15:54 dogs4eva
- I believe that the postcode is BA22 8ED. Quite a way from TA10 which is Taunton area.
- 2017-03-21 15:51 dogs4eva
- According to FB Yeovil Real News, this little dog was lost between Ashington and Limington, which is close to Ilchester.
- 2017-03-21 11:43 Jasper - Area Volunteer, Somerset
- I don't know if you have considered a thermal imaging drone ( see cherrys page in wales) similar size to Malcolm.I have just emailed a couple that operate in Somerset, just to inquire if it would be possible given the wooded areas? I hope you won't think me too pushy but thought it worth mentioning. I googled thermal imaging drones in Somerset.
- 2017-03-21 07:33 graffhouse
- Hi Jasper, sadly there were no sightings yesterday. Thank you for trying, it's much appreciated.
- 2017-03-20 19:54 Diane
- Shared ONESTOPALLDOGS FBook & Twitter
- 2017-03-20 17:37 Millypod (Chris) - Administrative Volunteer
- Sharing Twitter.
- 2017-03-20 16:39 Jasper - Area Volunteer, Somerset
- Was there any sightings today at all?I had a good walk round again this morning but sadly no sign. I just walked quietly without calling him as I understand Malcolm is very nervous and will run.I put up some posters but I will replace with Doglost ones as they will stand out better. I will have another walk around the woods this evening unless you would prefer me to look elsewhere?
- 2017-03-20 15:34 Bobble - Area Co-ordinator, Somerset & North Dorset
- Sorry to see that Malcolm is missing and I will contact owner this evening.
- 2017-03-20 14:06 Sarah - Twitter Co-ordinator, Social Media Team
- Tweeted @DogLostUK
- 2017-03-20 13:42 Alison - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Alerts sent to helpers in TA7,TA10,TA11,TA12,TA13,TA14,TA15