Reunited: Black With Grey Muzzle Chihuahua Cross Female
- Dog ID 112655
- Status Reunited
- Registered 16 Mar 2017
- Name CHERRY IN THE DAILY MAIL
- Gender & Breed Female Chihuahua Cross
- Age Adult
- Colour Black with grey muzzle
- Marks & Scars Wearing collar with tag and harness. Chi x Pom. 5 years old
- Tagged Yes
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed Unknown
- Date Lost 15 Mar 2017
- Where Lost Mountain above Abertillery Lakes towards Blaina
- Lost In Region Wales
- Lost In Post Area NP13
- Date Reunited 20 Mar 2017
- Other Info
- Phone 1 07786 321173
- Phone 2
- Listed By Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Views 5100
- See more Reunited dogs
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please post if you have news about this dog. Log in above or register to leave comments or to like them.
Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to here.
- 2017-03-23 18:41 Bobble - Area Co-ordinator, Somerset & North Dorset
- Great news that Cherry is safe and what an amazing story - everyone involved should be proud to be part of that great team.
Just a thought could the fund be diverted to buying a drone for DogLost in that area? Whatever is decided, it needs to be something that bares Cherry's name anyway :)
- 2017-03-23 15:36 Mozzasoft
- WOW!! Amazing news... Drones are the way forward when managed in a controlled way. Well done to all and pleased to see Cherry making a full recovery.
- 2017-03-23 14:40 janiejewel1649
- Fab. news. I heard this on the radio toda Well done Drone, who was definitely Cherry`s saviour. Stay close now Cherry:-)xxxLast edited: 2017-03-24 07:19:18 by janiejewel1649
- 2017-03-23 13:07 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
And also in the Sun.
- 2017-03-21 23:51 Holmes
- Just the best news having received lots of RTs to my tweets xx so relieved she is safe having thought of her on that mountain alone xx well done everyone involved....community spirit is a wonderful thing and feel so proud of all those who answered Cherry's call for help xx
- 2017-03-21 16:17 Skywalker99
- 2017-03-21 16:16 NickyB
- wow what an amazing story - i do hope dad is ok too. there are so many cruel evil people in this world - but when something like this happens you realise there are far more wonderful kind caring helpful folk who help complete strangers just because they want to. luv all of you who helped to make this a very very happy ending - thankyou you all so much
- 2017-03-21 10:24 bdurrant
- Looks like Drone seems the way forward when missing fur babies are lost in vast wooded areas,Brilliant result.
- 2017-03-21 07:19 SimonH
- What happened a copy and paste from her FB page
"Many of you are wondering what happened today - most of it was phonecalls and emails for me, another freezing wet hike for my Dad, my sister in work and the wonderful people who came to search (again, I need names.) My knowledge of today is still very limited as everyone needs time to rest, sleep and eat but I am guessing the morning was probably as unpleasant and frustrating as the other days.
I was struggling to get any definite answers apart from no's but I wasn't alone, several people were messaging me - calling people, making connections, when my Mum called "Resource Group - Unmanned Aviation Services" aka our saviours. It wasn't a helicopter but we had a drone with thermal imaging and most importantly, a plan. This was when the police rang and due to an email I'd sent combined with the unbelievable levels of community support the police came fully on board. I cannot possibly thank the Inspector or Ryan enough - they went above and beyond to get us any help they could.
Within 20 minutes of the drone flying they had Cherry in their sights - unthinking my Dad ran straight for her and fell into a wide and deep hole. When they pulled him out they saw Cherry also in the hole.
At this point the police had organised for the RSPCA and the FireService to be there - at just the right moment. My knowledge of the specifics is lacking but she was pulled out the hole, alive and safe. The hole was very close to where she disappeared and had been checked several times but maybe it had been interlinked to other holes and she moved or maybe she hid in a corner. Who knows? I don't honestly care. I just care that she is out and she is out because the community believed in her, they supported her fully and ultimately their support helped our plight reach the ears of those it needed to.
That is not to belittle the people on the ground's work which was skilled, physical, exhausting and often disheartening. We never expected this. Without you my Dad would be on the mountain tonight with her, just as cold, just as broken, just as scared and desperate to be reunited.
Cherry has seen a vet; she's fine - she needs a lot of rest and love but I know she will receive the very best of that.
This is such a long post that I will finish now but know I am not finished thanking people and I still have to work out how to best deal with the fund. Obviously if you wish to have a refund then there's probably a way but anything still in the pot will be very carefully considered and I will keep you informed before I make the donations.
We love you wonderful, generous and kind people with all our hearts. People say that social media is the death of community but you have proven them absolutely wrong. I have never experienced community like this and you should all be so, so proud of what you have achieved. Sleep tight tonight and be proud of what we have achieved."
End of quote
My fav bit - Cherrys face in the reunited photo - welcome home grandma - 🌹
- 2017-03-21 07:13 Turtle
- Fantastic news! Fantastic rescue, well done everyone!
- 2017-03-20 21:52 billybob
- Such wonderful news. Cherry's family must be overjoyed.
- 2017-03-20 21:16 sheltielover
- What a great DogLost communication team working to find Cherry and give all the information required to keep searchers safe in a very difficult environment. So glad Cherry is safe - Congratulation Team Cherry - brilliant job well done.
- 2017-03-20 20:58 Sharon - Social Media Team
- Good news
Welcome home Cherry. X
- 2017-03-20 20:25 Georgy Porgy
- Wonderful news, wonderful people. Bless her little cherry
- 2017-03-20 20:05 jenny4 - Area Co-ordinator, West Hampshire
- Fantastic result, Such a great community .Well done all , so pleased all is well. And they found a lamb down a hole and got it out safe to its mum xx
- 2017-03-20 19:41 Owl
- What a magnificent effort by all the searchers.
- 2017-03-20 19:22 nickyjm
- Fantastic!! X
- 2017-03-20 19:14 nedk
- Well done everyone no more adventures for you cherry so happy to come home and check that cherry been foundx
- 2017-03-20 19:14 Millypod (Chris) - Administrative Volunteer
- Aww Fantastic news :)) Welcome home Little Cherry.xx
Well done to all involved. Great result :) Lovely reunited photo.x
- 2017-03-20 18:58 GillyP - Administrative Volunteer
- Reunited photo now on. May need to refresh the page to view
- 2017-03-20 18:50 sianie8428
- Cracking news!
BREAKING NEWS CHERRY THE LOST DOG ON THE WELSH MOUNTAIN HAS BEEN FOUND SHE WAS DOWN A HOLE
SHE IS NOW SAFE
- 2017-03-20 18:47 Jan - Area Co-ordinator, Lancashire
- Fantastic news.Welcome home Cherry Well done to all concerned xxx
- 2017-03-20 18:41 Turtle
- Great news!
- 2017-03-20 18:36 Doglover
- Fantastic news ....poor little mite...she was down such a narrow hole...but the guy got in and got her out... xxxx
- 2017-03-20 18:20 Shelagh - Area Volunteer, East London
- Fantastic news,
- 2017-03-20 18:06 Jenny & Tiga k9tracker
- Brilliant news
- 2017-03-20 17:57 Captain
- Cherry Is Found. SHE'S SAFE‼ Just coming off mountain to take her to vets for checkup. Very well done and THANK YOU to all involved and for all Shares/Tweets/RT's https://www.facebook.com/missingcherry/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nfLast edited: 2017-03-21 10:46:53 by Captain
- 2017-03-20 17:31 Sandra and Murphy cat
- I just read that she's been found and coming off the mountain and going to vets! Great news
- 2017-03-20 08:45 Millypod (Chris) - Administrative Volunteer
- Has the local news paper been contacted it would help publicise Cherry is stuck on top of this mountain and help needed urgently?
- 2017-03-20 01:39 Captain
- Owner's have now set up a fundraiser to try and hire a helicopter to help in the search: https://www.gofundme.com/findcherry
Please read and share/Tweet and donate if you can, no amount is too small x
- 2017-03-20 01:36 Captain
- Latest update from owner's family:
"I'm exhausted so will keep it brief. Tomorrow, only my Dad will be there as my sister has to return to work and I have had to return to my toddler 200 miles away but I will still be supporting here and you will be able to access me more easily.
As you can imagine my Dad is highly distressed now and emotional and he just needs some space to search in his own way (he is very methodical so he will search well plus he knows the mountain extremely well) so I would advise if you want to help, that you join Cara and Paul at Cwmtillery Lakes at 11:45am promptly. They are very experienced walkers, know the route and know their stuff with dogs. I think they will go to the top and do a thorough search.
Do not go up if you are not experienced.
Do not go near the fenced off areas as these are shafts.
Do not try going down any fissures, or cracks.
Stay on paths and if you do go off for any reason, use a stick to poke the ground infront of you to check for holes as you will break an ankle easily.
You need to wear proper clothing - waterproof and lots of layers. You will be hot climbing up but you will 100% require them at the top. Wear proper walking shoes with good grips. TAKE A STICK. Wear gloves. A torch may be useful to look in holes.If you have a dog that is a good sniffer you could try taking them if you want to.
Please do not take any risks whatsoever.
Stay safe, stay together and stay strong that we will find her."
- 2017-03-19 20:02 Patlucky
- Hope she is found soon
- 2017-03-19 20:00 Patlucky
- All dog warden numbers all areas
- 2017-03-19 17:29 Captain
- Central Beacons MRT have been contacted but not responded yet. Have just contacted them again via Facebook and Twitter. Anyone know if Doglost have any contacts that could help with a sniffer dog. Time is now of the essence for this little one
- 2017-03-19 17:12 Skywalker99
- That sounds like a good idea...assume owners have been scenting given they think they have heard her?
- 2017-03-19 16:57 Georgy Porgy
- Mountain rescue?
- 2017-03-19 15:30 Captain
- ADMIN APPEAL POSTED for help with finding anyone who is experienced with mountain climbing and has a dog that is good at air tracking sniffing e.g. hunting dogs, spaniels, lurchers possibly or any other air tracking dogs to contact them by messaging to Cherry's Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/missingcherry/posts/1484684214915227
This was posted on Missing Cherry Facebook group about 3 hours ago:
"WE'VE SURE HEARD HER ON THE VERY TOP YAPPING it was 100% a small yappy dog and we have heard it about 5 times. The winds picked up again so we're struggling to hear so we're waiting for it to die down and we'll shout again."
The deteriorating weather forced the searchers off the mountain shortly afterwards but they are hoping to return later this afternoon when/if weather improves. Cherry is tiny and went missing on Wednesday so search team are really hoping they can find and bring her home today now she has been heard, but if not qualified assistance is going to be imperative. They are appealing for anyone who is experienced with mountain climbing and has a dog that is good at air tracking sniffing e.g. hunting dogs, spaniels, lurchers possibly or any other air tracking dogs to contact them by messaging to Cherry's Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/missingcherry/posts/1484684214915227
- 2017-03-19 12:29 Doglover
- JUst seen on facebook..they can hear barking at top of mountain....we all need to pray xxx
- 2017-03-19 08:55 Doglover
- I am praying that this little one has got off that treacherous mountain..xx
- 2017-03-18 09:43 jenny4 - Area Co-ordinator, West Hampshire
- aw bless you .Wishing you all the luck in the world and praying you get good news today xxxx
- 2017-03-18 08:39 Millypod (Chris) - Administrative Volunteer
- SEARCH TODAY SATURDAY 18th MARCH.
This is copied from the link Sarah put on 17th.
13 hrs ·
They have asked me to post this to everyone:
We are overwhelmed by all all of your support and community spirit.
Unfortunately our search today did not prove successful. As are approaching the 48 hour mark the weather has taken a turn for the worse and the mountain conditions are dangerous.
We respectfully ask that you only attend the search SAT 18th if you have a high level of experience in hiking and have adequate clothing for safety purposes. This marks a crucial time in our search and we need to take a systematic approach. We ask those who do not fit the above criteria to keep supporting our campaign to bring Cherry home remotely, via social media and leafleting in local towns etc. In extreme weather conditions like this the mountain proves a dangerous place for even the experienced hiker and we do not wish to put anyone's safety at risk.
I will be leaving the car park at 09.00 hours and will not be returning until lunchtime. I will then we leaving the car park at 13:00 hours after lunch. In this time unless Cherry is located I will not be re- attending the car park area so will not be able to provide guidance to anyone if they wish to search between those set off times. I would like to thank you again for all of your kind support and words. We are so grateful and we hope that tomorrow will bring our girl home ***EQUIPMENT EACH PERSON WILL NEED IS VERY WARM CLOTHING/WATERPROOFS....A STICK TO CHECK FOR POTHOLES.....A TORCH OPTIONAL FOR CHECKING HOLES AND A STRONG ABILITY TO FOLLOW A STRUCTURED ORGANISED TECHNIQUE OF LINE SEARCHING AND COVERING THE GROUND QUICKLY BUT EFFECTIVELY****
- 2017-03-17 09:24 ChrisM - Social Media Team, Greater Manchester
- I have updated Cherrys facebook post with details of her page and search tomorrow. I Have asked people to contact the page directly x good luck with search and fingers crossed for you all x
- 2017-03-17 08:25 Sarah
- Search being arranged for Sat 18th if she's not found beforehand. https://www.facebook.com/missingcherry/
- 2017-03-17 08:22 jenny4 - Area Co-ordinator, West Hampshire
- Has owner tried going to where they lost her with a disposable bbq and cook some stinky food?
- 2017-03-17 00:50 JANI
- sharing to groups x
- 2017-03-16 20:34 Millypod (Chris) - Administrative Volunteer
- Sharing Twitter.
- 2017-03-16 19:55 sues1958
- Shared ONESTOPALLDOGS Fbook & Twitter
- 2017-03-16 17:52 Jan - Area Co-ordinator, Lancashire
- Email advice sent xx
- 2017-03-16 12:21 ChrisM - Social Media Team, Greater Manchester
- Added to Doglost Wales Facebook Groups x
- 2017-03-16 10:59 Sharon - Social Media Team
- I have shared with DL FB Page, Twitter & Public. I hope Cherry is safely back at home soon. X
- 2017-03-16 10:57 Sarah - Area Co-ordinator, Cambridgeshire & Twitter
- Tweeted @DogLostUK
- 2017-03-16 10:54 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Alerts sent to over 200 local dog owners in NP4,7,11,12,13,22,23,24. over 600 emails sent out to local helpers...hope it helps.
- 2017-03-16 10:36 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Photo being attached shortly.