Stolen: Black Cocker Spaniel Female
- Dog ID 112409
- Status Stolen
- Registered 11 Mar 2017
- Name MILLY
- Gender & Breed Female Cocker Spaniel (Spayed)
- Age Older Adult
- Colour Black
- Marks & Scars Wearing an Aztec collar She is greying and her tail has a medical condition
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed Unknown
- Investigating Force Warwickshire Police
- Crime Reference No. 23S6-9742N-17
- Date Lost 08 Mar 2017
- Where Lost From our garden in Snitterfield village at 1.45pm
- Lost In Region Central
- Lost In Post Area CV37
- Date Reunited
- Other Info £ CASH reward
- Phone 1 07469715035
- Phone 2 01789731972
- Listed By iwardman
- Views 5985
- View Poster
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please post if you have news about this dog. Log in above or register to leave comments or to like them.
Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to here.
- 2017-04-22 12:33 Lisa P - Area Co-ordinator, Northamptonshire
- Please support Milly's thunderclap x www.thunderclap.it/projects/56091-milly-stolen-blackcocker-cv37?locale=en
- 2017-04-17 10:50 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Please email photo to email@example.com
- 2017-04-17 09:27 Phill
- Information given being investigated & removed from site.
- 2017-04-16 13:06 Lisa P - Area Co-ordinator, Northamptonshire
- Milly's family have today been to see the dog found in Wales, sadly not Milly x
- 2017-04-16 01:16 Lisa P - Area Co-ordinator, Northamptonshire
- Thank you Olivia, this dog is also listed as found, ID113832 owner is checking out & certainly believes looks like Milly x
- 2017-04-13 14:19 OliviaS
- 2017-04-06 05:29 Lisa P - Area Co-ordinator, Northamptonshire
- Article in Stratford Herald x
POLICE are linking the thefts of two female Cocker Spaniels who were stolen from their owner’s gardens within a matter of days of each other.
A black, female Cocker Spaniel, named Milly, was taken from a rear garden on Church Road, in Snitterfield, between 1.30pm and 2.30pm on Wednesday 8th March. Milly has short, trimmed hair and an Aztec-style dog collar with her name tag on.
Police have also confirmed this week they have received a report of a recently-trimmed long-haired blue roan, female Cocker Spaniel, named Lily, taken from her front garden in Bishopton Lane, Stratford-upon-Avon, at around 5.45pm, on Saturday 25th March.
A Warwickshire Police spokesman said: “Police are remaining open-minded into possible links between the two incidents and urge anyone who may have witnessed suspicious behaviour in either area on the times and dates stated to call police on 101.”
Lily’s owner Isobel Hall told the Midweek Herald that Lily had been outside for only ten minutes, when her husband realised she wasn’t there and started looking for her.
She said: “My husband, James, and children were at home and Lily was in the garden. We thought she was lost rather than stolen, until this weekend, when the police said they were linking the two incidents. There hasn’t been any sightings of her.”
Isobel thanked friends, neighbours and farmers for their support in checking nearby fields and the canal, plus handing out posters.
She added: “It’s sad enough for us, but I have four daughters, aged between 17 and ten, as well as a 21-year-old son, in Scotland, who has been looking on dog’s sites to try and help.”
Milly’s owner Iain Wardman said he was keeping everything crossed that one day she will come home.
Speaking about the police linking the two thefts, he said: “It just seemed a little strange, they are exactly the same breed and they are both female.”
On the day Milly went missing, Iain was at work and his wife Kathryn was at home, when she let the family’s two dogs into the garden. When she called the dogs back into the house, only one returned.
Iain said: “There were some people walking up the lane, who have given their statement to the police. The witnesses saw two very overly-friendly gentleman walking along the public footpath, wearing sunglasses.”
That evening, Iain said he looked all over the fields in the area, as far as Norton Lindsey, and made flyers that were handed out in the surrounding villages.
He continued: “I have to say the one thing I have noticed is that all the local community have been very supportive – unfortunately I can’t thank them all individually, but they have been fantastic.
“The hardest part is the children. I have a 14-year-old daughter and a three-year-old son. It’s so difficult trying to explain to my son about why Milly isn’t here.”
Staying positive, Iain added: “We have a third child due in four weeks and we have every confidence that Milly will come back.”
Both Milly and Lily are listed on national website, DogLost. Jayne Hayes, the website’s founder, told the Midweek Herald: “I set up the website to reunite missing pets with their owners, 15 years ago, after my dog was stolen.
“Through members of the public my dog was
- 2017-04-03 08:12 EmmaR28
- So sorry to hear that she hasn't been found yet - hoping she is found and home with you soon. Re - sharing
- 2017-04-01 18:32 JANI
- re-sharing x
- 2017-04-01 13:43 Lisa P - Area Co-ordinator, Northamptonshire
- Milly is still missing, no sightings, her disappearance is being investigated by Warwickshire Police who are linking her disappearance to that of Lily (ID113086) who vanished under similar circumstances nearby on 25th March x
- 2017-03-22 21:09 Gloria
- I hope Milly is found and reunited very soon I have tweeted for her x
- 2017-03-21 15:42 Doglover
- So sorry to see that Milly was stolen...I have shared her on Paw Helping dogs in need on Facebook
- 2017-03-21 14:42 Jane
- Shared Twittered
- 2017-03-21 12:50 Lisa P - Area Co-ordinator, Northamptonshire
- Thanks CJ x
- 2017-03-21 12:47 CJ - Police Liaison Co-ordinator
- updated and x posted to FB and twitter.
- 2017-03-21 12:02 Lisa P - Area Co-ordinator, Northamptonshire
- Milly is now considered stolen, this has been reported to Warwickshire Police & the CRN no has been sent to CJ x
- 2017-03-17 18:45 EmmaR28
- I have a Female Black Sprocker who is the same age and looks so like MILLY. I just want to let the owners know that we are thinking of them and willing MILLY to come home soon. We live quite close by so would help if needed in searches etc
- 2017-03-15 10:24 Sharon - Social Media Team
- If this is the case, she should be made 'too hot to handle' X
- 2017-03-15 09:45 Lisa P - Area Co-ordinator, Northamptonshire
- Milly's family are currently looking into information they have received that suggests Milly was stolen x
- 2017-03-11 16:25 onestopalldogs
- Shared Facebook & Twitter
- 2017-03-11 13:09 Lisa P - Area Co-ordinator, Northamptonshire
- Milly vanished from her garden, it isn't established if she escaped or was taken, however there have been no sightings of her reported. Milly's family have contacted local vets, kennels, dog wardens in local area & also have postered extensively. They are organising a search party for Monday & more details will follow on this. Have advised to ensure microchip record is flagged & report disappearance to Police as well as to contact wardens, kennels, vets etc further afield and have given contact details for k9tracker.co.uk x
- 2017-03-11 12:21 Sharon - Social Media Team
- I have shared with DL FB Page, Twitter & Public. I hope Milly is safely back at home soon. X
- 2017-03-11 10:41 Lisa P - Area Co-ordinator, Northamptonshire
- Have emailed owner for more info & to offer advice x
- 2017-03-11 10:23 Julie - Social Media Team, Surrey
- Shared to Dog Lost West Midlands facebook page. J. x
- 2017-03-11 09:58 Sarah - Area Co-ordinator, Cambridgeshire & Twitter
- Tweeted @DogLostUK
- 2017-03-11 09:57 Lisa P - Area Co-ordinator, Northamptonshire
- Shared on FB to Doglost Warwickshire x
- 2017-03-11 09:35 Millypod (Chris) - Administrative Volunteer
- Sharing Twitter.
- 2017-03-11 09:31 Alison - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Photo cropped and rotated. refresh page to view.
- 2017-03-11 09:22 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Alerts sent to helpers in CV34,35,37.