Lost: Black And Tan Dachshund: Miniature Female In South East (BN1)
- Dog ID 111802
- Status Lost
- Registered 22 Feb 2017
- Name ELFIE WITH HUXLEY
- Gender & Breed Female Dachshund: Miniature
- Age Adult
- Colour Black and tan
- Marks & Scars Elfie is wearing a pink fabric collar (Huxley a blue one) with owners mobile number stitched into it
- Tagged Yes
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed Unknown
- Date Lost 22 Feb 2017
- Where Lost Hollingbury Park Golf Course, Brighton
- Lost In Region South East
- Lost In Post Area BN1
- Date Reunited
- Other Info LARGE REWARD FOR SAFE RETURN of Elfie missing with Huxley. Both are microchipped & have collars with owners contact details stitched in them. If you see them PLEASE DO NOT CHASE them, keep them in sight & call owner asap. If you have any information as to where these dogs are please call Doglost in TOTAL CONFIDENCE. Thank you.
- Listed By Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Views 29250
- Please login to view & print a poster
- See more dogs Lost in BN1
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please post if you have news about this dog. Log in above or register to leave comments or to like them.
Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to here.
- 2017-03-28 22:02 egizzy
- Added to new Eastbourne site http://www.streetfriends.co.uk
- 2017-03-27 21:24 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thanks Abbie Girl and egizzy.
An incredible response to the Thunderclap with 285% of goal reached ie 819,953 people joined in! Well done and thanks everyone :)
There's a huge cycling event (hosted by UK Cycling Events & Cycling Weekly) on the South Downs on Saturday 1st April and some the routes go through the areas that Elfie and Huxley may be travelling through. I have suggested that Teressa arranges for posters to be put at the start (Plumpton racecourse) and at feeding stations along the way if possible. If anyone is able to help with this it would be appreciated (map on UK Cycling events Fbk page) as once again a big area to cover.
If someone has Eflie and Huxley then someone somewhere will spot them. So as egizzy says please look out for new dogs on the block. Have you seen any of your neighbours walking new dogs? Do you hear barking from a house where they have not had dogs before?
If you know where Elfie and Huxley are please call Teressa or Doglost in TOTAL CONFIDENCE. Last edited: 2017-03-27 21:27:32 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2017-03-27 20:11 egizzy
- Shared again and have seen lots of posters around Willingdon and Abbotts Wood, these are such small babies they need to be found soon, maybe someone has picked them up? so look out for new dogs on the block
- 2017-03-27 12:48 Abbie Girl
- Thunderclap finishes tonight please if you havent done already, support Huxley & Elfies thunderclap, the link is on their page if you cannot find it. It only takes two seconds to support, you simply click on link, then scroll down and support with facebook, then add support - thats all and if you have twitter you can also repeat. Then share.....the more people we reach the better. thank you
- 2017-03-24 22:06 Abbie Girl
- Asked Teressa to check out found dachshund 112987 to see if Huxley or Elfie. Also posted to their group
- 2017-03-22 22:32 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thanks Jayne and Millypod. An amazing response to the Thunderclap, more than 589,300 have done it already and still 5 days to go! Well done everybody :)
Some people are asking how best to help now and which areas still need postering.
Going on the posts I've seen this evening from Teressa may I ask that anywhere you are able to do in Brighton and Hove area, Hailsham, Horsebridge and Polegate would be great, as well as the places mentioned in her post yesterday.
If everyone would put a poster in their car window that would be brilliant too.
It's that one poster that will bring in that important new sighting, maybe one you put up 5 mins ago or one put up when Elfie and Huxley were first lost.
If only the dogs knew how much was being done to find them ...
- 2017-03-22 09:15 Millypod (Chris) - Administrative Volunteer
- Please support :
- 2017-03-22 06:04 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Alerts sent to helpers in TN22 and BN27.
- 2017-03-21 19:28 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- ADMIN: Please would you send email alerts to BN27 and TN22? These cover where Elfie and Huxley used to live and where their home is now.
Thanks for the update Teressa. You have done so well and I can't imagine how hard this is for you but please remember that dogs are much more resilient than most people think.
PLEASE would anyone who is able to HELP put posters up cover the areas requested by Teressa in her post below.
We know that poster power works and it was one of those posters that brought in the last sighting. If we can get another sighting of Elfie and Huxley then we will have a better idea of which direction they are travelling in.
It's just a case of having the posters in the right place at the right time.
It goes without saying that many, many thanks go to every single one of you who are sharing, postering and helping search for Elfie and Huxley. You have been and are doing a fantastic job.
I know that Teressa and her family get a lot of encouragement from knowing that so many people are supporting them with their search.
- 2017-03-21 19:04 Teressa
- Hi Everyone
Doug & I have been walking around Hollingbury golf course, The Level, Lewes and West Park in Uckfield for the last few days. Put more posters up in these areas as well as Isfield, Barcombe and Upper Dicker. Most places have been done between Brighton & Uckfield & Upper Dicker. Still to do is Chiddingly, Ripe, Falmer and more in Golden cross. If you are able to help, please say where you have put posters up. We are so greatful for everyone's help and especially to those who gave up part of their Sunday again to help us. We really don't know how to thank you enough.
Suzie Burton has put, find Elfie and Huxley page on Thunderclap. To make this successful I'm asking for you to look this up on Facebook and follow the steps to get them known to everyone.
It's 4 wks tomorrow and the heartache is unbearable. Please help! X
- 2017-03-21 11:32 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thank CJ. Admin: Please would you send out alerts to Uckfield and Upper Dicker postcodes please?
Due to the sighting in Lewes and another message left on a poster nr Tescos it's thought that Elfie and Huxley may be trying to make their way back home. Teressa and the dogs used to live in Uckfield but are now in Upper Dicker so they could be going to either home.
I know that posters have been put up covering some of the areas between/on the way to these 2 places and I've asked Teressa to update this page to let us know the latest info on the search/postering.
Thanks so much to all who helped poster on Sunday and, of course, everyone who's keeping Elfie and Huxley in their minds and continuing to search.
Come on Elfie and Huxely, we need you to show yourselves again so we know where you are please! Last edited: 2017-03-21 19:12:29 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2017-03-18 20:43 Holmes
- Tweeting urgent appeal....figures crossed for you all tomorrow 🙏xx
- 2017-03-18 18:17 CJ - Police Liaison Co-ordinator
- Photo and contact tweeted with link to doglost. Tagged to local police, radio and others asking they retweet.
- 2017-03-18 15:21 allimac
- From facebook page:
VOLUNTEERS NEEDES PLEASE!!
We need volunteers to help poster the villages between lewes, uckfield and Eastbourne. This is a massive area that needs to be covered and we really need your help to get these guys out there. Teressa Saunders only got the sighting in lewes as she posters the area this week. They moved from hollingbury to lewes in just six days. This was 17 days ago so they could be anywhere now.
If you can help please comment below. The meeting place is at the back of tescos car park in lewes on Sunday 19th at 10am tescos address is:
Thank you to anyone who can help xxx
- 2017-03-17 12:36 dave
- Do we know which road they crossed and in which direction? It would help to know where to look
- 2017-03-16 19:30 JulieH
- Hoping for good news soon x
- 2017-03-16 18:39 Jenny & Tiga k9tracker
- Thanks Jayne! It ties in with both Tiga & Yogi tracking on several occasions along the Lewes Road.
- 2017-03-16 16:37 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Extra alerts sent to helpers in BN7,8.
- 2017-03-16 16:21 Teressa
- A lady called this morning after spotting our poster near Tesco, Lewes. Said on 28th Feb she had to stop car as two miniature dachshunds were crossing the road. It was 4pm and raining.
Please keep a look out in Lewes and travelling towards Uckfiekd. They may be making there way to our old house. Also look between Lewes and Upper Dicker where we now live. Thank you x
- 2017-03-16 16:17 Jenny & Tiga k9tracker
- Admin - can email alerts please go out to Lewes please!
- 2017-03-16 15:39 allimac
- Will try to get to Stanmer part tea rooms tomorrow.
re posters being potentially taken down. I have been out to check along the routes where I have put posters up. Quite a few have come down. BUT I don't think they have been taken down as I have found several of them with sticky-tape that had become brittle due to weather and/or the holes in the laminate (made with a hole puncher to put them up with string) have ripped. Have taken to replacing them with both string and sticky tape....
Really hope they are on the way home and that another sighting comes in soon!!!
- 2017-03-14 16:07 madrid
- can any one put a poster up at Stammer Park Tea rooms if not I can do one at the weekend if needed.
- 2017-03-13 20:56 Teressa
- We have put up posters in Lewes thinking they might try and make there way home. We need to do the villages surrounding there tomorrow. We are getting some banners made up. Does anyone know of someone with private land that is facing a busy road in Brighton that would be prepared to have a banner put up? One banner really needs to be located around the A27 near Molscoombe.
Doug and I have put up posters around Parts of Brighton where our dogs have been tracked and areas such as cemetery's, parks and allotments. If you are able and willing would you help us get more posters up in Brighton and surrounding areas within a 10 mile radius. Having a poster in your car window would be great too.
Just want to say a huge thank you to everyone that helped us search on Sunday. It was lovely meeting you all in person. It would have made the day even more special if we had been able to take our doggies home with us. We won't stop until we do. ❤️Last edited: 2017-03-13 21:01:26 by Teressa
- 2017-03-13 19:24 PeterD
- If Elfie and Huxley are trying to make it home then assuming they take a straight line they will pass through Falmer, Kingston, Glynde and Chalvinton. A major hurdle would be crossing the river Ouse. It's not too far from Hollinbury Fort to the river just beyond Kingston so they could be around there.
Lewes, Beddingham, Firle and Ripe are just off a straight line so it may be worth leafleting these areas.
- 2017-03-13 14:21 Alison - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Just had a reply from the owner and the 2 dogs for sale are NOT Elfie and Huxley.
- 2017-03-13 13:58 Alison - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- I have emailed the details to the owner along with a screen shot of the advert.
- 2017-03-13 13:37 Patlucky
- I think these are a bit younger but PLEASE take a look on
FB there are 2 for sale
PAW-helping dogs in need
Last edited: 2017-03-13 13:40:18 by Patlucky
- 2017-03-12 23:11 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thanks everyone for your comments and updates.
Sorry I have not been on here but my son (who lives in USA) rang up unexpectedly fm Gatwick to say he had come home for a week as a surprise!
Thank you for searching again madrid.
Very pleasing to hear there was a good turnout for the search and yes, it's quite possible Elfie and Huxley are in a different area now as lost dogs can and will travel a lot further than most people expect.
Lorn & PeterD: I have edited part of your comments at Teressa's request
rosemary: Looking at those ones they appear to be much younger than Elfie and Huxley but thanks for the information.
Not good to hear that posters have been taken down. Have these been taken down in one particular area? Would be useful to know please.
Sometimes the council take them down but I haven't heard of that happening in the Brighton area before as we always ask owners to take posters down when a dog is found.
So, please put more up if they have been removed (perhaps with a note at the bottom saying they will be taken down when the dogs are found)
Teressa: Are there any posters up on the routes between Hollingbury Pk and Upper Dicker? If not, it is definitely getting some up in case Elfie and Huxley are trying to make their way home. Please let us know and ask for help with this if you need it.
Hard to imagine how you and your family are feeling after Elfie and Huxley have been missing so long but please get encouragement from the massive amount of support that you have from everyone who is helping you. We will not give up!
- 2017-03-12 21:53 rosemary
- sharing to check https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=361817474214443&set=gm.451206588555514&type=3&theater
- 2017-03-12 20:13 PeterD
- You can be assured that all the dog walking community in Hollingbury Park, Hollingbury Fort and the Golf course have been keeping an eye open. As Lorn says, it is very heavily populated with dog walkers and surely something would have turned up by now. There was a little chihuahua lost about a year ago who got lost in Hove Park and turned up at home a week later. You often hear of dogs travelling many miles - sometimes hundreds to get home. Could these two be trying to get home? If so where could they be in between Hollingbury and Upper Dicker?Last edited: 2017-03-12 22:43:23 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2017-03-12 15:52 Lorn
- It was encouraging to see a really good turn out for the search today. There is a thought amongst quite a few that they are not in this area.
A lot of posters around the town have been removed. So it was suggested some large banners into and around the town would make more people aware. Let's hope there is some info or a sighting soon. Last edited: 2017-03-12 22:40:25 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2017-03-12 06:53 madrid
- Searched yesterday afternoon with four dogs in tow sorry nothing.
- 2017-03-11 19:13 Abbie Girl
- ****MASS SEARCH ARRANGED AT HOLLINGBURY GOLF COURSE SUNDAY - PLEASE HELP *****
On Sunday (tomorrow) at 10am meet at The Hill Fort, Hollingbury Golf Course. Please come and help Teressa to search, the more people the better (with or without dogs) ELFIE AND HUXLEY need to be found.
Its believed that if they have been stuck down a hole, they may have now managed to get out but will be very week so wont be able to walk far so people can help searching under bushes, shrubs and in sheltered areas. Let tomorrow be the day they are found, they have been out too long. If you could print a map that would be useful to bring as is snacks.
Please remember this will be a look and search. please do not call their names. Any sightings please contact Teressa immediately. Thank you
All help will be much appreciated
- 2017-03-10 17:53 allimac
- gutting. So sorry.
Will print more posters. x
- 2017-03-10 16:47 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Unfortunately the sighting yesterday turned out to be a false alarm. We found out in the evening that there had been a Dachshund lost in the Hangelton area who had been scared and ran off from the park whilst walking. Luckily this dog did go back to the park so is back with her owner. I have doubled checked with the person who lost her and all the details of the sighting match with it being her dog that was seen.
I know I go on about posters all the time because they are so important but I really think we need more around the whole of Brighton and Hove please. Lost dogs will travel a lot further than most people would expect them to so if there are posters up all over then when either of them are seen we should get a call.
Some people are also asking if the dogs could have been stolen and how we can help if that is what happened. Again, it's down to posters and making sure so many are put up that the dogs are made too hot to handle.
I can't imagine how very distressing yesterday must have been for Teressa and her family but I do know that they and we will not be giving up.
The search goes on .. Last edited: 2017-03-10 16:54:51 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2017-03-10 11:11 Karen
- Any more news from yesterday ?
- 2017-03-09 18:04 allimac
- please let it be good news!! If the spotter could tell the dog was "smelly", must have got pretty close. Can I cycle with everything crossed, is the question. So willing it to be one of them. xx
- 2017-03-09 17:51 Abbie Girl
- which area of hove exactly was the sighting please as Hove is a large area
- 2017-03-09 15:23 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- I've spoken to Teressa and her husband who are on their way to the location of the sighting straight away. Thank you so much to the kind lady and her husband who rang Doglost hq with the information. I've got everything crossed!
- 2017-03-09 15:13 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- sighting called into HQ... one dax on its own...very smelly...nervous, dishevelled...in the Hove area.....have passed on details and sighters number to area co-ordinator Clarkey.
- 2017-03-09 14:14 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2017-03-09 11:10 allimac
- They are in the local paper again, with the reward spelled out. Maybe that will get some news. x
- 2017-03-08 14:09 nedk
- Hope someone.looking in that area hope they havent been separated come on lets get u homex
- 2017-03-08 14:01 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- A little more info about the sighting at the Level is that the Dschshund was seen at about 8:30am and was sniffing around the bin. So it does sound as though it was either Elfie or Huxley looking for food.
- 2017-03-08 06:35 BUBBLES
- 2017-03-07 22:19 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Hi and thanks for all your updates and comments everyone. You and all who are helping are doing a fantastic job for which we are very grateful.
nedk That refers to the sighting of a Daxie on the Level (Ditchling/Union Rd) in Brighton last Thursday.
Teressa: just to say we bumped the page for that sighting. It could mean that either Elfie or Huxley is trying to find their way back to the office which is good. I think you said that there are posters in that area so maybe another sighting will come in which would be good.
It also means that it's important to make sure that there are as many posters as possible please in and around all of Brighton. I know, from what Teressa says, that a lot have already been put up but there can never be too many of them!
Teressa: I know how hard this must be for you and your family but we will not give up and please be encouraged by how much support you have (16,500+ views of this page!)
- 2017-03-07 16:16 nedk
- Just been reading comments what does level mean possible stated in last comments?
- 2017-03-07 14:56 Gloria
- re sharing for Elfie and Huxley on facebook twitter and all dogs lost found stolen groups also make to hot to handle and red alert for you today hope they are found very very soon xx
- 2017-03-06 21:41 TheRedFoundation
- Can we do a thunderclap?
- 2017-03-06 21:39 allimac
- So sorry still no solid leads. But level sounds possible! Are there loads of posters around there in case someone has picked one or both up and/or seen them?
Come on Huxley and Elfie, give us a clue!
Keep on keeping on. xx
- 2017-03-06 21:28 Teressa
- Just had info that a lady saw one Daxie at the level, Brighton, last Thursday. Unfortunately no more information at the moment. Please keep eyes peeled.
Our son is also currently driving back from London after checking out a Daxie, which looked like Hux on Gumtree. Unfortunately it wasn't him. 😢
- 2017-03-06 00:23 Missing Dogs UK
- shared on my fbook page https://www.facebook.com/FINDMISSINGDOGSUK/ and twitter
Really hope they are ok and found very soon
- 2017-03-05 17:39 Hollieberry
- The owners were digging each hole that they came across in the area the dogs were last seen .
- 2017-03-05 16:52 allimac
- Hollieberry, how were they found (I assume they were found side by side) - was it a camera?
- 2017-03-05 13:45 Hollieberry
- I have heard of a couple of dogs this breed that were wedged side by side down a hole ,its very difficult this breed cannot turn around in small places they have to reverse.
- 2017-03-05 13:16 nedk
- Yes checking this page every day thought at least one may have been located carnt both be trapped so hope there safe somewhere and some good news soon x
- 2017-03-05 13:06 allimac
- So gutted there is still no news. Is Jenny coming back, or is it useless without a sighting?
Have managed to borrow a laminator and will do some more posters. I have spoken to the organisers of the Moulsecoomb forest garden and they are happy to display some posters, so will drop some off. I think Wild Park could do with refreshing as well. (and will walk through the woods of wild park again) xxLast edited: 2017-03-05 13:08:20 by allimac
- 2017-03-05 12:30 Mack
- Nothing to report, unfortunately, but we walk in golf course, hill fort and dew pond area most days and keep looking out for these two.
- 2017-03-05 10:36 Teressa
- Thank you for offering, Karen. Unfortunately I don't get on here as much as I should as I'm out looking most of the time.
Thank you Madrid and everyone else that has been out there searching. It's heartbreaking for us to come back home with no dogs after long days of searching but with everyone's support it helps to keep us going. Thank you x
My family are going back up to the golf course soon to check scent boxes and search. Paying attention to rabbit, and fox holes and badger setts. Last edited: 2017-03-05 10:38:05 by Teressa
- 2017-03-04 16:58 madrid
- Rode horse parrell to Ditchling Road heading to old boat corner, then parrell to a27 heading to newly built travellers site then to Chaterri anh then to keymer posts sorry nothing. Will look tomorrow pm
- 2017-03-04 06:33 madrid
- Riding my horse today will keep a look out for them
- 2017-03-03 18:05 Karen
- Teresa I can help tomorrow morning if you like - where would you like me to search . Try and stay positive - can't begin to imagine how you are feeling x
- 2017-03-03 16:37 Teressa
- We can't thank everyone enough for your help. We have been searching in Stamner park for past couple of days. Our son is checking the scent boxes on the golf course now. Nothing so far. Our feelings are, if they were stuck down a hole they would have lost enough weight to get out by now. We can't help thinking they have been picked up or running scared. X
- 2017-03-02 18:00 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Microchip number added now, thanks Teressa
- 2017-03-02 11:35 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Well done Teressa and thanks everyone for your thoughts and suggestions.
We do have a lovely couple who have been checking as many holes as possible with their snake camera but as there are obviously so many to try it makes it a hard job.
We are all hoping that Elfie and Huxley will show themselves very soon wherever they are.
Until then please may I ask help getting as many posters up as possible in the estates around the area lost as the thoughts are that one of the dogs is going scavenging for food overnight. There can never be enough posters and we know that this is the way to get sightings come in. POSTER POWER works!
PLEASE Elfie and Huxley .. show yourselves so you can go home to your family who are missing you so very much. Last edited: 2017-03-02 11:37:03 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2017-03-02 11:17 allimac
- Jenny (K9 tracker) has the equipment to look down holes, but a hole needs to be located. Her Beagle, Yogi has found dogs stuck down hole before, so this is entirely feasible. However Yogi has been walked past many holes (there are 100s in the area) and not reacted yet. There are still more to check of course...
- 2017-03-02 11:12 nedk
- I think poss stuck down a hole near where went.missing any chance of getting hold of a.camera which could look into any potential holes which they could of.gone down x
- 2017-03-01 20:23 UKind
- Hi, I saw an article, just a few days ago, where two terriers have been found after 4 weeks!!! They re-appeard very close to where they’d gone missing. Don’t give up hope!!!
- 2017-03-01 20:16 Karen
- Teresa - I can come down again on Saturday morning if no news . Let's hope tonight is successful x
- 2017-03-01 18:28 Teressa
- Have made up two scent boxes contains their blanket and our socks. One is placed by the fort and one placed by the allotments. Both have posters on stating to leave them alone. We will be going up later this evening to check them and again early in the morning if they are not there tonight. Keep looking as this was about the time Hux came out of the last hole. I'm not sure to target a specific area as there has been no sightings at all. I've been looking around the allotment area as that's where they started from and the fort area as this was the last sighting before they went running off.
Thanks again everyone for your commitment in helping us search. Very much appreciated. X
- 2017-03-01 17:21 Linda
- As you say, strange there have been no sightings, which makes me believe they are still stuck down a hole fairly close to where they were lost. I do hope you find them soon.
- 2017-03-01 14:36 nedk
- Strange no more sightings perhaps go bak area where lost carnt believe huxley missing yet again hope second time lucky for him x
- 2017-03-01 14:17 Rebecca Moore
- Did a good search of the Hill Fort and surrounding area this afternoon. Unfortunately no sightings. Happy to focus on other areas at the weekend, want to help wherever I can.
- 2017-03-01 13:26 allimac
- Went to the college and pressed buzzer to ask for permission to put some flyers under the wipers of the (teachers', I guess) cars. The caretaker said the kids would just take them, but he was very happy to take a handful and put them on noticeboards etc. Also wished good luck.
Put flyers under a couple of dozen windscreen wipers of parked cars in the area (guessing students), and gave a couple out to some people walking past with dogs - they had heard about Elfie and Huxley already but had not realized still missing. Need to make some more laminated ones, but having laminator issues today. x
- 2017-03-01 09:21 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- I have been Tweeting this morning including one to Network Rail who have already retweeted and replied. If anyone is on Twitter please tweet for Elfie and Huxley or retweet my tweets (@mivvidog) Thanks.
- 2017-03-01 08:04 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thanks Aliimac, that would be a great help.
Yes, Network Rail have been alerted that the dogs are in their area.
If anyone can help postering we would like to get lots of posters up in and around the Moulsecoomb area please. In fact it would help to have more posters all around Brighton area now.
Thank you. Last edited: 2017-03-01 08:07:30 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2017-03-01 07:46 allimac
- Will try to get some flyers around there today. Don't know anything about the college, but I know where it is. Have the railway people been notified (and reminded)? Moulsecoomb station is around there. There is also an industrial estate sort of sticking into the woods down there, I think.
- 2017-03-01 07:05 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Elfie and Huxley are in the Argus today.
- 2017-02-28 21:32 Jenny & Tiga k9tracker
- Yogi tracked last Thursday, Tiga on Friday and Yogi again today - still nothing concrete. Today I took Yogi to any hole we found - badger, fox or rabbit but he wasn't interested in any of them - the search goes on.
Teressa - you cant do any more than you are doing and hopefully we will soon have a breakthrough.
- 2017-02-28 20:43 Teressa
- Jenny & Yogi met Laura up on the golf course to track, then I met up with Jenny and carried on tracking in the afternoon. Yogi took us again around molscoombe but this time around the area of Homewood college. Does anyone know anything about this college/area? Travelling back there now to put up more posters as there doesn't seem to be any there.
If you can get posters printed please put them up in all areas in and surrounding Brighton. Lewes, Hove etc.
It's been nearly a week since they have gone missing and every day that goes by with no sightings at all, is very upsetting for us. It's very hard to keep positive but we are not going to give up. Please stand by us by distributing posters, talking to people and looking around on your travels. Last edited: 2017-02-28 21:18:09 by Teressa
- 2017-02-27 18:04 Sandra
- I am working all work therefore unable to help search, but if you're babies are not found by the weekend I will try to help. In the meantime I'm keeping everything crossed that they get home safe. What an awful time for you x
- 2017-02-27 17:03 Rebecca Moore
- If you are organising a search party, please let us know, I know so many people who want to help. If there are areas that you think should be focussed on, it would be good to know that too so I could go out after work. We are all hoping for a sighting soon. Really want these two home and will help in any practical way I can
- 2017-02-27 16:19 George
- I keep coming back to check on these two.......I so hope you have news soon. Wish I could help. xxxxxx
- 2017-02-27 15:18 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thanks for your updates Teressa and for the chat this afternoon.
I have changed the photo on this page as it shows Elfie's markings a little better (you may need to refresh/reload the page to see it)
I have advised that a strong cardboard box (covered with plastic to keep it dry) with scent articles (of unwashed clothes such as socks/tshirts etc) be left nr where lost and walk started off from. This is so Elfie and Huxley have somewhere that smells familiar to them to settle down with when they return. If you see it please do not touch them so owners scent stays on it. Thank you.
Teressa: It's always hard when dogs have been lost this long and it's not surprising you are having a bad day but I know you will keep at it so please try to stay strong. Over 9500 views of this page which shows you have an amazing amount of support from everyone who I know will continue to help you.
- 2017-02-27 14:56 Juls
- Sending you best wishes fingers crossed you find them soon x x
- 2017-02-27 13:47 Teressa
- Unfortunately we've both been at work this morning but my husband has been printing more posters off to distribute. I'm on my way up to the golf course again. Really want them home as weather is only meant to get worse. The tracker would come back & help but they are unable to track In such awful weather. We're not giving up. They must be out there somewhere. Don't forget to keep your eyes peeled. They may have separated so even if you see only one, call me please.
You are all amazing and we can't thank you enough. KEEP LOOKING!
- 2017-02-26 22:31 susieq666
- Really hope you have good news on these two soon. Owner must be gutted that they entrusted them to a friend who didn't follow their instructions.
- 2017-02-26 22:30 Teressa
- Really thought BBQ would draw them out as well as hearing our voices but sadly nothing. It's like they have just vanished. Either they are so scared they are not responding to anything or they are no longer there. This will not stop us as we are desperate to get our babies back. We have tried everything possible. You will find around dew pond and wild park, bits of my scarf which have my scent on. Please do not touch these! Any sightings at all, even if it's just the one, please contact us.
We both have work tomorrow but we will be up there at different times of the day to check again. Please don't stop searching or leafleting, help us get them back.
- 2017-02-26 16:54 allimac
- Not nice weather for a BBQ! So sorry that it didn't draw them out, was hoping for something. The fox sighting sounds interesting. High risk for a fox to show itself in daylight round there, my dog and loads of others would have given chase given half a chance!
Been out again today, but nothing to report, wish there was. xxx
- 2017-02-26 14:40 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thanks for your post on Huxley's page last night Teressa.
Thanks Karen, anywhere in the area of the golf course and surrounding woods etc.
nedk: Elfie and Huxley were being walked by a friend who was asked not to take them off lead. Unfortunately they did take them off and that's how they were lost. Absolutely not the owners fault. Obviously the person who walked them is very upset and is doing all she can to help find the dogs.
Teressa was out bbq'ing last night in rather poor weather but no luck. We could do with some warmer weather but don't think that's going to happen. She and friends are out postering the area between where the car was parked up at beginning of the walk and the walkers workplace. They are putting them through letter boxes of houses there in case the dogs return to that area.
Teressa also has a lovely couple helping to check holes with a snake camera which is very kind of them.
Some people are asking if the dogs could have been stolen. Obviously we do not discount anything but I think and hope it's unlikely. The advice that we give when dogs are stolen is to get as many posters out as possible which has and is still being done.
So masses of support for the family and lots of posters up but we still need that sighting.
- 2017-02-26 10:40 nedk
- Hope theres some good news soon got be so careful dogs off leads coz this is what can happen just hope its a happy ending for you all good luckx
- 2017-02-26 10:18 Karen
- Hi I can come down and search today - I don't know the area but tell me the best place to look and I will drive down - thank you x
- 2017-02-25 20:16 Anna
- On the topic of fox and badger holes, I have been walking in the woods below the dew pond every week for the last six years and I have never seen a fox out in daylight but last Wednesday (the afternoon Elfie & Huxley went missing) one ran right past me and my dog (this was in the wooded area directly below the dew pond) Just thought this might be helpful as they could have flushed this fox out. I have also had my dog disappear down a badger set in these woods, so lots of holes for them to be hiding in. Good luck with the search, I have told everybody I know who walks in the area and we are keeping our eyes and ears open!
- 2017-02-25 19:27 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thanks Linda. Yes, as Dachshunds naturally go down holes we have thought of that.
Huxley was stuck down a hole nr his home for 8 days just before Christmas but he eventually managed to crawl out and make his own way home despite being in a very poor condition (He's an active dog so did not have a lot of reserves of fat to rely on)
So, for those of you that do not know, the dogs are not anywhere nr their home this time. As the dog tracking has led to a couple of estates beside the golf course area we think that they are going there looking for food. However, I say 'they' but it's possible that one is stuck in a hole and the other is going scavenging at night. We are not sure, but we do think that they are going back to the dew pond to drink as it appears this is the only place in the area they would be able to get to water.
I don't know if there are many badger setts or foxholes where they are lost but if there are they are most likely to be in the woods,in banks or on farmland. When Huxley was in the rabbit hole before he did not bark or make any noise at all so it would be hard to tell which hole he (or his mum) would be in.
There have been a lot of people out searching today but sadly still no sightings.
We just have to hope that the posters everyone has been putting up all around the area will bring in that all important sighting. Not having any news is obviously a concern but hopefully it's because the dogs are hiding away when people are around and only coming out into the open at night. I'm told that they do not really like cars (Huxley is particular scared of them) so I hope that means they will not try to cross the roads.
Once again, thank you to each and every one of you who have been out postering and searching. You are doing an anazing job! Well done!
The family have been and are doing everything they can to find Elfie and Huxley and all the support they have makes a huge difference.
COME ON ELFIE and HUXLEY .. SHOW US WHERE YOU ARE PLEASE so we can get you home where you belong.
Last edited: 2017-02-25 19:51:54 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2017-02-25 18:07 JANI
- sharing to groups x
- 2017-02-25 17:25 Linda
- I have been following your page and am so sorry to see that these little dogs have still not been found. I was wondering if they are prone to hunting. If so, it brings to mind two dogs that were lost in Bishopstone some years ago and the owners were convinced that they had been stolen. However, 3 weeks to the day they went missing one was found at the entrance to a fox hole very weak but still alive, the other one was dug out but unfortunately had not survived. Do you know anyone with some terriers that would help with the search? I do hope you find them soon.
- 2017-02-25 10:49 Turtle
- Good luck, hoping for the best news.
- 2017-02-25 10:37 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Wishing you all the luck that you need today Teressa.
Please ask people not to call Elfie and Huxley as it will confuse them. would be good if the lady with the key to the allotments would let a few people have a good look in there as Jenny said there are lots of places they could hide in there.
Best advice I can give is stay as quiet as possible, to take it slowly, to check under bushes, sheds, tree stumps etc and most important of all NOT to chase or try to catch them if they are seen. As everyone will have your tel number they can text you asap if they see them.
It would also be worth checking under the caravans in Wild Park.
I gather tracking took you to an estate where they seem to be scavenging at night so please smother that (and other estates) with posters so householders are aware.
POSTERS are very, very important please. They can be printed directly from the poster page. If you reduce them to half size (A5) they are good to hand to everyone you meet whilst searching so they have one in their pocket. If you run out just ask people to take a photo of one so they have the tel numbers!
Very best of luck to you all and again, many thanks for all your help
- 2017-02-25 09:21 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thanks for the update Teressa. I have bumped the pages so that people know about the search.
If you are going to search please, as Teressa says, make sure you have posters with you to give to people you meet whilst out there.
I hope the weather treats you kindly and that you find Elfie and Huxley. Very best of luck to you.
- 2017-02-25 09:16 Teressa
- Another long day yesterday searching but no luck finding them. I'm organising a Daxie search today at 12pm at Dew pond. Please join us with or without your doggies to help flush them out of hiding if they are still there. I would also like to ask you to bring posters with you to put up around the area. Be aware wrap up warm, it is very windy in certain areas on the golf course. Thank you again for all your support, Our family are overwhelmed by it x
- 2017-02-25 03:46 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Post fm Teressa on Huxley's page yesterday:
"Hi Everyone. My parents are home if they find there way back.
K9 are back today helping and need everyone to assist by helping to keep their dogs at a distance so they can do their job. I would like to say a huge thank you for everyone's help and kind words, it's helping us to stay positive. At this stage it is critical to get doglost posters out there in the public eye, in your local area and all areas in Brighton and from Brighton towards Upper Dicker.
Thank you again for your support. Teressa x"
- 2017-02-25 00:08 Holmes
- I will tweet for them both xx
- 2017-02-24 14:56 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Still no news but a sighting called in of a man walking a large dog with 2 mini Dachshunds in Withdean Park. Possibly not related but it would be good to know if anyone is aware of someone who is a regular walker there with dogs like this please?
Jenny and Tiga are over in the area again today continuing the tracking from where they had to leave off last night. Also a lot of volunteers from Brighton Dogwatch are helping search, hopefully with posters to give out to everyone they see!
Please remember that the dogs are likely to be keeping out of sight of everyone looking for them because they are scared. so if you would have a good nosy under, in and around bushes, undergrowth and anywhere else that would offer shelter it would help. Many thanks and again, best of luck.
- 2017-02-24 08:52 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thanks for last night's update Teressa. Good to hear that they seem to be staying in the same area even if they have not been found yet. You are doing really well so just keep at it. Exhausting, I know, but I know you will not give up however tiring it is.
Thanks Madrid: that would be helpful as often riders can see more than others (and go further!)
As we have only had one sighting (reported to Teressa's husband yesterday) my feeling is that Elfie and Huxley are still keeping out of sight of people because they are scared. So if you are helping search please would you NOT CALL them (or try to catch them unless they approach you) as it will only confuse them and scare them off.
It's been brilliant how everyone is trying to help, many thanks to all of you.
I'm concerned that there are not enough posters out in the area as they are the very best way of having sightings reported.
So please, when you search, would you try to put a large one or 2 up and also take a big handful of posters with you to give to everyone you meet! You can reduce the A4 ones down to A5 so they are handy for people's pockets.
These 2 little ones have to be somewhere so let's hope they show themselves soon so we can get them home safely.
Thanks again everyone, you are doing a great job.
Best of luck today Last edited: 2017-02-24 09:29:43 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2017-02-24 02:36 Sharon - Social Media Team
- I have shared with DL FB Page, Twitter & Public. I hope Elfie & Huxley are both safely back at home soon. X
- 2017-02-23 22:42 madrid
- Hopefully dogs will be found soon if not i am horse riding in area sat morning and can look in pm sat pm with my dogs. Fingers crossed i wont be needed and they will be home safe.
- 2017-02-23 22:07 Teressa
- No sightings but Jenny's beagle kept tracking back to dew pond. Their scent was picked up going through Wild park into Molscoombe estate ( not sure if that's spelt correctly) opposite park. Jenny thought they were probably there during the night looking for food. Please look out for them late eve if you live in that area.
We are currently camped out in our car in Wild park. Nikki also helped us search the night before on the golf course and around dew pond.
I have tied a piece of my scarf around the railings in Wild park hoping they will recognise it.
Please, just keep looking as we think they will be hiding in wooded areas or under bushes. Thank you
- 2017-02-23 20:30 onestopalldogs
- Shared Facebook & Twitter
- 2017-02-23 20:19 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Only have a brief update but Elfie and Huxley have not been found yet. Jenny left about 6pm and Teressa is going back to the golf course again to search. I'm hoping she will be able to let us know how it went today later on. I'm just glad the weather is calmer now but we still need that all important sighting.
- 2017-02-23 19:46 Jane
- Shared Twittered
- 2017-02-23 19:22 Georgy Porgy
- Thanks Clarkey, it was the spelling but I see it's been amended
- 2017-02-23 19:18 Millypod (Chris) - Administrative Volunteer
- Sharing Twitter.
- 2017-02-23 14:34 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Jenny and Yogi are out tracking for these 2 so we are hoping there will be some news soon.
- 2017-02-23 14:23 allimac
- facebook page set up. No new sightings. :(
https://www.facebook.com/groups/316666688690870/?fref=nfLast edited: 2017-02-23 14:24:55 by allimac
- 2017-02-23 07:49 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- If anyone is helping search or poster today please wrap up well and stay safe. As the photo with both dogs is on this page please print from here (just click on poster page) Thanks.
If anyone does see either of the dogs PLEASE DO NOT CHASE them as they are bound to be scared! Just keep them in sight (drop food down nr them if poss to keep in the area) and call Teressa asap so she can come to you. Many thanks Last edited: 2017-02-23 08:11:00 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2017-02-23 07:24 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Unfortunately no luck finding these 2 yet. I've just spoken with Teressa (Huxley and Elfie's owner) and she is already up on the golf course looking for them.
I know it's awful weather but if anyone would be able to help by getting some posters (laminated/in plastic covers please!) up around the allotments, Hollingbury Park and Woods, Bowls Club and any of the roads surrounding the golf course it would be greatly appreciated as Teressa is obviously out searching. I'm sure that the dogs will be holed up somewhere in this wind and rain so if anyone is helping search please look in places that they can be hiding such as under bushes/undergrowth. We know that Huxley goes after rabbits as he was stuck down a hole for 8 days when he was missing last time (bravely made his own way home last time despite being very weak and thin)
I'll put any updates on here when I have some more news.
Keeping everything crossed that these 2 little ones are found very soon.
- 2017-02-22 23:39 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Georgy Porgy: I've put the name as Elfie missing with Huxley so that her owner will only have to print one poster with that information on.
- 2017-02-22 23:36 Georgy Porgy
- Would someone please amend name to ELFIE, as will affect searches on here thanks
- 2017-02-22 23:08 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thanks Alison.
- 2017-02-22 22:33 Alison - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Email alerts sent to postcodes BN1,BN2,BN3,BN6,BN7,BN41,BN42,BN45
- 2017-02-22 22:31 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thank you Sarah.
Elfie is on the left in the top photo and Huxley on the right. Hopefully they will stay together. I have put the photo of them together on this page so that Teressa will only have to print posters from one page.
- 2017-02-22 22:28 Sarah - Twitter Co-ordinator, Social Media Team
- Tweeted @DogLostUK x
- 2017-02-22 22:14 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Elfie has gone missing with her son Huxley on Hollingbury Park Golf Course (Brighton) They were taken for a walk by a friend who unfortunately let Huxley off the lead and he ran off into some bushes with Elfie.
They were last seen near the dew pond on the golf course.
Owners are still out searching but have had no sightings yet. I have sent our Doglost email advice out and had a quick chat with Teressa about laying a scent trail from the dew pond back to the car park and also leaving scent articles there.
Nicki is going to meet Teressa with a thermal image camera to see if they can spot the 2 dogs.
Keeping fingers crossed that they are found quickly before the bad weather tomorrow.
- 2017-02-22 21:47
- Sorry to see that ELFIE WITH HUXLEY is missing.
- If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and check that all details are up to date.
- Owners targeted by a malicious hoaxer demanding money for the return of their dog should phone the police on 101 immediately and contact email@example.com
- A photograph of your dog is essential for the website. If you have not already uploaded one, please do so by clicking on Update details. Alternatively you can email it to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the dog's DogLost ID number: (111802)
- Obtain a missing poster by clicking on View poster above. Posters are very important so start postering now!
- You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments. You can add comments by clicking on Click here to add a comment.
- Contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, the Police. Give a detailed description with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your area here.
- If your dog has been stolen inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN).
- If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, it can be legally re-homed after seven days. Visit rescue centres in person and do not rely on checking by phone alone. Other people may not recognise your dog by your description, so give them a DogLost poster.
- Keep us updated by keeping your dog's page up to date and check for posts from helpers who may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings
- DogLost is free and anyone asking for money to find or return your dog is not volunteering for us. If you are concerned about an approach you have received, please call our helpline on 01633 668 364. Lines are open seven days a week 08:00-20:00.