Reunited: Orange Sable German Spitz: Klein Male
- Dog ID 111373
- Status Reunited
- Registered 14 Feb 2017
- Name LEON IN DOGS TODAY THIEF IMPRISONED
- Gender & Breed Male German Spitz: Klein (Neutered)
- Age Young Adult
- Colour Orange sable
- Marks & Scars Very distinctive, black mask
- Tagged Yes
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed Yes
- Date Lost 14 Feb 2017
- Where Lost Shepherds Bush, West London
- Lost In Region South East
- Lost In Post Area W12
- Date Reunited 20 Feb 2017
- Other Info Was snatched by male whilst on walk
- Phone 1 07764710687
- Phone 2 07549028649
- Listed By Charlotte
- Views 14494
- See more Reunited dogs
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please post if you have news about this dog. Log in above or register to leave comments or to like them.
Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to here.
- 2017-04-11 09:01 Sandra and Murphy cat
- Welcome home Leon! Sentence far too short. They need to make an example of these scumbags. No sympathy for junkies as they would do anything to anyone for money for drugs. I read too many horror stories about them with animals so no compassion from me I'm afraid. So happy Leon is home with his family
- 2017-04-11 08:10 valpark
- So glad Leon is home where he belongs.The prison sentence I hope deters other would be dog thieves.
- 2017-04-10 21:30 BMdevon
- Self respect stops me from putting my thoughts about his sentence into print in a public arena but great to see a story about lost dogs highlighting the involvement of the police and doglost. I hope Leon is nicely settled at home again.
- 2017-04-10 14:36 Nik - PR Advisor
- Leon is in the latest issue of Dogs Today. We can also report that the thief was sentenced to eight weeks in prison.
- 2017-02-22 23:16 JANI
- Wonderful! x
- 2017-02-22 20:37 Patlucky
- Brilliant poor lady
I am so glad she has him back
- 2017-02-22 16:20 NickyB
- wow what a relief this little treasure is back home - dog owners have to be so aware nowadays of monsters stealing their dogs - just any time anywhere - out for a walk in thepark, or from your garden, or from your house ............ THANK HEAVENS FOR DOGLOST.CO.UK AND ALL THE BRILLIANT PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW DOGLOST AND HELP TO FIND THE MISSING DOGS
- 2017-02-22 14:45 janiejewel1649
- Ronmaxtye FI I agree with every word you have said.
- 2017-02-22 13:06 Ronmaxtye F1 - Area Volunteer, Essex
- mary.. i am sorry but it was his choice to take drugs and he could have chosen to get help with it, he should have done the right thing to start with and left the dog alone, he was only trying to save his own skin by telling policeLast edited: 2017-02-22 13:08:16 by Ronmaxtye F1 - Area Volunteer, Essex
- 2017-02-22 12:08 Mary
- Father Ted1980 The article acknowledges Dog Lost's efforts, but it is near the end of the article:-
The Dog Lost appeal site had helped coordinate the appeal for Leon
Ronmaxtye - I hope Douglas gets help with his drug addiction. He at least did the right thing by telling the police who he sold Leon to.Last edited: 2017-02-22 12:13:48 by Mary
- 2017-02-22 11:59 Ronmaxtye F1 - Area Volunteer, Essex
- Douglas Cawsey 30 charged with dog theft and due to appear at Hammersmith magistrates court on 8/3/17....
hope he gets what he deserves but once the bleeding hearts are finished talking about his unhappy childhood and how his drug addiction stopped him from knowing what he was doing.. a slap on the wrist i expect
- 2017-02-22 08:15 Father Ted1980
- Been following this story with interest. Very disappointed at the news article below as I see they used the photo from doglost but not one mention of the work they did!
Keep up the good work appreciate all you do.
- 2017-02-21 19:56 Lisa P - Area Co-ordinator, Northamptonshire
- 2017-02-21 18:00 Holmes
- Fantastic result....well done to everyone involved especially Karen, CJ and the Met ...CCTV is just the best evidence nowadays but it's time consuming and sadly poor quality at times.... so it's great to hear when it all comes together and works so well Last edited: 2017-02-21 18:01:30 by Holmes
- 2017-02-21 16:16 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Well done Karen!
- 2017-02-21 16:10 Lisa P - Area Co-ordinator, Northamptonshire
- It was lovely Karen (Karen14568) Jayne x
- 2017-02-21 16:08 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- And not forgetting the person who walked up and down monitoring every CCTV camera on owners route and any direction the theif may have gone that may have coverage and sent the email to admin...which was forwarded to CJ...Help me out CJ....the name.....so we can thank...
- 2017-02-21 15:52 charlie and sooty
- Just brilliant news. Well done to the police force involved...Stay safe now Leon...Last edited: 2017-02-22 09:57:36 by charlie and sooty
- 2017-02-21 12:41 Bobble - Area Co-ordinator, Somerset & North Dorset
- Such a despicable crime, but such great news that lovely Leon is reunited. Whoo Hoo!
A huge thank you to the wonderful Police who were tenacious and our Police Coordinator CJ too.
I am so pleased for Leon and his owner.
- 2017-02-21 12:18 Turtle
- Great news, made my day. Thank you to everyone involved and the police for their action. Welcome home sweet boy. ☺☺☺
- 2017-02-21 10:49 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Lovely photo...you may need to refresh to view....
- 2017-02-21 10:29 jenny4 - Area Co-ordinator, West Hampshire
- Well done all espicially the Police who made sure Leon got back home
- 2017-02-21 09:26 mathers22
- Brilliant news well done Police and Dlost xx
- 2017-02-21 09:01 Alison - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Great result. A BIG THANK YOU TO THE POLICE for taking action against the dog thieves
- 2017-02-21 08:51 Nina
- CJ please thank Sgt Claudine James for her help, we could do with her joining doglost as a volunteer.
- 2017-02-21 08:23 Sharon - Social Media Team
- WOO HOO ~ That is such good news to wake up to.
Well done to all involved.
Welcome home, Leon. X
- 2017-02-21 08:23 Abbalish
- Fabulous news.
- 2017-02-21 07:19 CJ - Police Liaison Co-ordinator
- Great news and special thanks to a couple of officers in the met force who spoke to me and listened.If they get the information needed with proof they will act. I will pass on comments to the lovely sergeant Claudine James who first got things moving.
- 2017-02-21 07:10 janiejewel1649
- Well done police, and all involved:-)xxx
- 2017-02-21 07:08 janiejewel1649
- This is absolutely fantastic news. It`s made my day. Leon`s owner must be ecstatic Stay safe now Leon:-) :-) :-)xxx
- 2017-02-21 04:55 Lisa P - Area Co-ordinator, Northamptonshire
- Reunited pic uploaded in extra image x
- 2017-02-21 04:45 Lisa P - Area Co-ordinator, Northamptonshire
- This is amazing & brilliant news, well done to everyone involved, this is a fantastic result x
- 2017-02-20 23:50 karen14568 - Area Co-ordinator, West London
- Brilliant, so happy to hear this! Thank you CJ what a result x
- 2017-02-20 23:30 Doglover
- Fantastic news xx. Stay safe now Charlotte and Leon. Xxx
- 2017-02-20 22:54 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Hear hear!
- 2017-02-20 22:13 Ronmaxtye F1 - Area Volunteer, Essex
- I think a very special thank you should go to CJ for all the work behind the scenes on this, a great credit
- 2017-02-20 22:12 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Brilliant update. I have advised CJ.
- 2017-02-20 22:08 Georgy Porgy
- Thank God so relieved for both dog & owner.
- 2017-02-20 21:59 Shelagh - Area Volunteer, East London
- Great news. So glad Leon and owner are reunited!
- 2017-02-20 21:45 Mary
- Fantastic news. Well done to all concerned.
- 2017-02-20 21:41 Ronmaxtye F1 - Area Volunteer, Essex
- fantastic news
- 2017-02-20 21:40 Jenkins
- What absolutely brilliant news - welcome home Leon, bet your mum is delighted to have you home where he belongs :) :)
- 2017-02-20 21:37 skyninchar
- Great news, welcome home Leon x
- 2017-02-20 21:35 VetsGetScanning
- REUNITED UPDATE Just to let everyone know LEON IS HOME, and unharmed. The police escalated things this morning after reviewing the CCTV and recognising the guy who snatched him. Drugs related they raided his place tonight, and he divulged who he had sold Leon on to. The police went round and he was handed over! One very relieved owner, and breeder!! Thanks to everyone who has helped, I'm sure the police felt the interest this case had generated and that prompted the review.
Big thank you to CJ for passing on the comments below, it worked X
- 2017-02-20 21:30 nickyjm
- Amazing! Well done all involved x
- 2017-02-20 21:18 Millypod (Chris) - Administrative Volunteer
- Welcome home Leon.xx
- 2017-02-20 17:48 Lisa P - Area Co-ordinator, Northamptonshire
- Thank you, this dog was found before Leon was stolen x
- 2017-02-20 17:45 Anne Eales
Please check this dog found
- 2017-02-20 08:05 janiejewel1649
- If anyone knows the whereabouts of Leon or has any suspicions, please inmform the police or contact Doglost in confidence. His owner is hearetbroken, and distraught, not to mention devestated. Lets keep making him "TOO HOT TO HANDLE"
- 2017-02-19 21:21 Sarah - Area Co-ordinator, Cambridgeshire & Twitter
- Tweeted @DogLostUK - Please everyone RT RT RT !
- 2017-02-19 17:45 Captain
- Tweeting ...
- 2017-02-19 12:45 Doglover
- Sharing everywhere....just everywhere....,
- 2017-02-19 12:36 janiejewel1649
- Come on Leon, please get found soon
- 2017-02-19 11:19 Ronmaxtye F1 - Area Volunteer, Essex
- Have shared to all other local and national facebook groups that i am a member of
- 2017-02-19 09:11 Lisa P - Area Co-ordinator, Northamptonshire
- 2017-02-18 21:19 janiejewel1649
- Unbeleivable, and despicable, Make Leon "TOO HOT TO HANDLE" Hppe his microchip works it`s magic, Get found soon Leon. Paws xd.
- 2017-02-18 07:57 Patlucky
- I cannot believe how terrible some people are
I hope this is share and the dog gets back
I have shared fingers crossed
- 2017-02-17 23:43 Georgy Porgy
- Anyone who can say 'it's only a dog' just hasn't got a clue, especially in these circumstances. As for the low life that stole him your robbing hands should drop off. I hope you are both reunited asap
- 2017-02-17 20:51 Jane
- Twittered - I am disgusted by this - what an evil, vile despicable crime...GIVE HIM BACK
- 2017-02-17 18:24 Millypod (Chris) - Administrative Volunteer
- Bumped Leon is in Paper. See Links below.
- 2017-02-17 16:16 Captain
- Link to article in Evening Standard: http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/ms-sufferer-mugged-of-her-handbag-dog-in-west-london-street-a3469116.html
- 2017-02-17 15:22 VetsGetScanning
- Article in the Evening Standard.
A disabled woman has spoken of her terror after her dog was snatched in an early morning mugging in west London.
Retired barrister Lyndsay Andersson, 58, was out walking Leon, a German Spitz, in Shepherd’s Bush Green on Wednesday when she was attacked outside a 24-hour convenience store.
The multiple sclerosis sufferer said she left the shop on Uxbridge Road at around 3am when she was pushed from behind before the thief fled the scene with Leon still on his lead.
Ms Andersson told the Standard she had cared for Leon for more than two years after he was recommended by a friend to help with her condition.
She said: “It was so fast I could not believe the speed of it. I was pushed to the ground and the person grabbed Leon and ran off.
“It’s despicable anyone could steal a dog let alone an assistance one. He is neutered and is of no use to anyone.
“I haven’t been able to sleep or eat and have been crying hysterically. I just don’t know what to do with myself.
“He stops me from falling over whether it be stepping in front of me if I start to fall or walking by my side. I’m struggling without him.
“He is known to everyone in this area and some of my neighbours have said they will grab him if they see him but I’ve said you have to be careful these people don’t retaliate.”
She reported the theft to police and said she has been made aware of a man carrying a dog on CCTV captured at a nearby Londis store but has yet to view the footage.
Missing posters emblazoned with Leon’s picture will be plastered across the Edward Woods Estate on Friday where she said the thief made off towards.
The appeal has also been posted on the Doglost website.
Paddy Driscoll from Teamwork Training said: “This is not just a theft. Leon is Lyndsay’s constant companion and assistance dog.
“He is well known in the area and local residents will be shocked at what has happened. Leon is not a ‘possession’ and this is not just another attack.
“He is Charlotte’s support and best friend. He needs to be returned to her.”
- 2017-02-17 14:13 CJ - Police Liaison Co-ordinator
- passed these comments on to met police- had reply will be picked up by officer when back on duty - Tuesday. I had sent a listing of CCTV to look at. I replied that dogs get moved on quickly and added the owners quote - highlighting the comment made by an officer - its only a dog.
I got an immediate reply back-
I have passed this on to Sgt to review to see if we can prise some resources over the weekend.
- 2017-02-16 23:17 Mary
- Charlotte. Is Leon a registered Assistance Dog from k9 Partners or one of the other charities?
- 2017-02-16 22:32 VetsGetScanning
- UPDATE ON FB.
Message from ownerCharlotte:- Thank you so much. I just can't stop crying. He's my baby boy. My best friend. I live alone with just him and I. I cannot sleep until I am exhausted. The police actually said to me 'it's only a dog'. My God he's not, he's my Leon! He's everything. I cannot pick things up from the floor. He does all that. He looks after me with love when I am sick. I just want him home.xxx
- 2017-02-15 19:16 karen14568 - Area Co-ordinator, West London
- Thank you Karis. I've had the Manchester dog checked and Leon's Breeder has confirmed that this is not him x
- 2017-02-15 13:45 Karis
- https://www.facebook.com/animalsinmanchester/?fref=nf-A LONG SHOT DUE TO DISTANCE,BUT PLEASE CHECK,if just to rule out?
- 2017-02-15 12:10 mardyscot
- Thanks Jayne, it's so close so it's worthwhile, thanks again
- 2017-02-15 12:03 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Alerts sent to W10.
- 2017-02-15 11:23 mardyscot
- Please can alerts go out to W10 too as it's straight up the road from Shepherds Bush, thanks
- 2017-02-15 08:04 mariab
- Sorry to hear this. I have posted on FB and Twitter
- 2017-02-15 03:08 karen14568 - Area Co-ordinator, West London
- Sharing around now and have sent message to owner to see if we can get CCTV from anywhere to help with identification. If anyone knows of exact location of theft could they advise please. Thank you x
- 2017-02-15 00:48 Sharon - Social Media Team
- I have shared with DL FB Page, Twitter & Public. I hope Leon is safely back at home soon. X
- 2017-02-14 20:53 janiejewel1649
- How low can people stoop? Ubelievable. Keep making her "TOO HOT TO HANDLE" Posters, posters. Fb. Twitter too. Paws, and fingers xd.
- 2017-02-14 20:07 Millypod (Chris) - Administrative Volunteer
- Sharing Twitter.
- 2017-02-14 19:47 JANI
- sharing to groups x
- 2017-02-14 18:38 Lisa P - Area Co-ordinator, Northamptonshire
- Thank you Nik x
- 2017-02-14 18:37 Nik - PR Advisor
- Have contacted West London AV Karen Harding.
- 2017-02-14 18:01 Lisa P - Area Co-ordinator, Northamptonshire
- Thank you Jayne x
- 2017-02-14 17:55 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Alerts sent to helpers in W3,4,6,11,12,14.
- 2017-02-14 17:53 Lisa P - Area Co-ordinator, Northamptonshire
- Leon is an assistance dog for his owner & has a tag to indicate as much, please can someone local contact Charlotte to help. Leon is reported as stolen, owner has only an incident number at the moment 25982/14/2 until the Police are able to interview her tomorrow x
- 2017-02-14 17:44 Lisa P - Area Co-ordinator, Northamptonshire
- Photos added x
- 2017-02-14 17:24 onestopalldogs
- Shared Facebook & Twitter
- 2017-02-14 17:24 Peggotty
- Any photos yet? Then we can share...