Reunited: Black/beige/brown German Shepherd Cross Male
- Dog ID 110727
- Status Reunited
- Registered 29 Jan 2017
- Name NIKO SIGHTED BIRKENHEAD PARK AREA PLEASE DO NOT CHASE
- Gender & Breed Male German Shepherd Cross
- Age Young Adult
- Colour Black/beige/brown
- Marks & Scars Looks more like German shepherd side of his parentage.
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed Unknown
- Date Lost 02 Feb 2017
- Where Lost Tranmere rovers, Prenton, Wirral
- Lost In Region North West
- Lost In Post Area CH42
- Date Reunited 16 Feb 2017
- Other Info Wearing a green coloured collar.
- Listed By Linda
- Views 9321
- See more Reunited dogs
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please post if you have news about this dog. Log in above or register to leave comments or to like them.
Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to here.
- 2017-02-21 00:33 JANI
- Wonderful! x
- 2017-02-17 19:54 janiejewel1649
- Brilliant! :-)xxx
- 2017-02-17 19:38 Millypod (Chris) - Administrative Volunteer
- Great news :) Well done to all involved.
- 2017-02-17 19:35 Sharon - Social Media Team
- That's brilliant news
Welcome home Niko. X
- 2017-02-17 17:14 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- So pleased to see Niko safe in the blue xx
- 2017-02-17 15:30 jenny4 - Area Co-ordinator, West Hampshire
- Wonderful news........ stay safe now Niko xxx
- 2017-02-17 13:21 Turtle
- Well done all you great people. Do hope Niko settles, all the best.
- 2017-02-17 11:27 Patlucky
- Brilliant stay safe Niko
- 2017-02-17 08:44 billybob
- Yay! Brilliant news ! You've worked so hard Linda, with your Rescue Centre Team and all Nico's helpers! Well done. So happy you have Nico home :)
- 2017-02-17 08:27 valpark
- Well done all and to the caring owner. Niko I am sure will settle down over time , he has probably been so used to fending for himself..It takes a while for a rescue dog to feel secure.With such loving owners I am sure he will be fine and learn to stay at home.
- 2017-02-17 08:10 Jan - Area Co-ordinator, Lancashire
- Thank you to everyone who has worked so hard to get Niko home safely xxxx
- 2017-02-17 08:09 Jan - Area Co-ordinator, Lancashire
- Niko has been found !!! Welcome home Niko xxxx
- 2017-02-17 07:57 Mel
- Poor boy, he must be terrified. Glad he's safe now and hope he can settle into a family life. You will have to watch him like a hawk, cus he obviously likes the "free" life. Good luck to you all xxx
- 2017-02-17 06:34 mazholenk
- Niko has been captured again according to FB posts. Dog trapping page x
- 2017-02-11 07:24 jenny4 - Area Co-ordinator, West Hampshire
- aw as long as you can contain him in the area you will get him.Please dont chase him anyone xxx
- 2017-02-11 00:21 Patlucky
- Gently gently he will stay where there is food
Good luck to sit down low with food helps
Makes them feel less worried what you might do.
TRUST is what he needs
- 2017-02-10 23:20 Linda
- Niko was seen in Birkenhead Park this morning. He has a hideaway there and eludes capture! But at least we know where he is staying around which is reassuring.Lots of people helping, it cant be long now.
- 2017-02-08 17:53 janiejewel1649
- Hope Nicos is caught soon. Paws xd.
- 2017-02-07 13:37 Coco
- Shared x
- 2017-02-07 12:13 Jan - Area Co-ordinator, Lancashire
- Bumped doe to sighting this morning x
- 2017-02-07 12:10 Jan - Area Co-ordinator, Lancashire
- Sighted this morning running down Townfield Lane,Oxton CH43Last edited: 2017-02-07 12:12:29 by Jan - Area Co-ordinator, Lancashire
- 2017-02-06 00:21 JANI
- Re-sharing x
- 2017-02-05 00:04 Linda
- Just checked the trap and it's empty. Hopefully he is bedded down somewhere warm. Not too cold or frosty here tonight. Start again early morning.
- 2017-02-04 23:35 Shereen
- Fingers tightly x'd here.
- 2017-02-04 21:45 Linda
- Niko not seen since the many sightings this morning. Trap set and scent trails laid tonight in the area he is most seen around by lovely people from Many Tears. Fingers crossed for when I go to it later tonight.
- 2017-02-04 10:38 Linda
- No other news yet. Seen in Budworth road in Oxton around 8-45 just before I saw him. 2 helpers out from ManyTears rescue at the moment. More posters and letter drops now.Thanks everyone x
- 2017-02-04 10:24 cockerspaniellover
- Keep going Linda, do you still have the wonderful helpers round you? Stay positive :) have you had any contact with Jenny at k9 yet? X
- 2017-02-04 08:55 Linda
- Just seen him in ch43. Running along st Albans road heading to claughton. Still around birkenhead park area. Lost him after following.
- 2017-02-03 22:24 onestopalldogs
- Shared Facebook & Twitter
- 2017-02-03 19:43 Holmes
- Will tweet for Niko helpers and pray he stays safe....please owner don't be hard on yourself....you gave him a home from rescue and you will get him back safe ...stay positive xx
- 2017-02-03 19:32 Patlucky
- Fingers still crossed for Niko
- 2017-02-03 18:09 Linda
- I had good sight of him today around 1 ish, following him for a good 5 mins around Oxton but he gave me the slip when we were in a cul de sac. I personally haven't seen him again up to 2:45pm and haven't caught sight of him between 4-30pm and now. Back out at 7 as he was seen last night round the roads too. Planning to lay food traps I think. Have NoMoreTears continuing to help. He appears to be going between the park and Palm Grove area of Oxton. Thankyou all for your support and care for Niko x
- 2017-02-03 17:50 Jan - Area Co-ordinator, Lancashire
- Niko has been sighted again today around the Birkenhead Park Area x
- 2017-02-03 17:46 Jan - Area Co-ordinator, Lancashire
- I spoke to Niko's owner/friend They had him in their sights earlier today but sadly he ran right past them. x
- 2017-02-03 08:19 GillyP - Administrative Volunteer
- Please SHARE to get Niko home.
- 2017-02-03 01:43 Patlucky
- It is such a shame he is missing again
Fingers crossed he is back soon
It is so hard when people do have a dog from other countries
Only because they get street wise very street wise and they learn how to get away when they need to.
In this case I can see the owner loves him very much but he still has that instinct they make him jump.
A long line would NOT be good for this dog unless it was on a body harness.
He could quite easily hang himself
You could make a fence jump proof just an idea owner maybe you could copy this idea?
Good luck my fingers are crossed
- 2017-02-03 00:10 cockerspaniellover
- And to all doglost volunteers and admin - thanks for doing an amazing job as always!
- 2017-02-03 00:08 cockerspaniellover
- I have spoken with this owner this evening to ensure she was aware of sightings and she is absolutely heartbroken and torn apart. People shouldn't make judgements this is a devoted animal lover who has thought long and hard about getting a dog to complete their home and had it completely checked. This dog is a rescue and is not used to a home environment and the owner is new to dog ownership but one thing is for sure she adores him and has already commented herself that Niko will never come off lead even in the garden again esp until a good recall is taught.
The owner needs lots of support and help at this time.... she feels terrible xx thinking of you Linda and praying tomorrow I see this move to reunited and you get the happy ever after xx hear to talk of you need to as we spoke about tonight x
- 2017-02-02 23:59 Heather
- I pray he is reunited again very soon. If dog is not being taken back by rescue please use a long line for garden time. Leads should be used even in a secure garden for many weeks. Stay safe please Niko
- 2017-02-02 23:51 cockerspaniellover
- Thanks Alison xx
- 2017-02-02 23:35 Alison - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- The owner will automatically receive an email alert her to the latest comments.
- 2017-02-02 23:28 cockerspaniellover
- Has anyone phoned the owner to let them know??
- 2017-02-02 23:24 sara lewis
- posted on scouse pets 2 one hours ago... Karen Button This dog is running around Birkenhead Park right now
- 2017-02-02 22:25 Sharon - Social Media Team
- I have shared with DL FB Page, Twitter & Public. I hope Niko is safely back at home soon. X
- 2017-02-02 20:30 onestopalldogs
- Shared Facebook & Twitter
- 2017-02-02 20:02 Millypod (Chris) - Administrative Volunteer
- Sharing Twitter.
- 2017-02-02 19:41 animal lover
- Good luck in finding Niko..... everything crossed here for a good result. x
- 2017-02-02 19:07 Linda
- Niko has come from a rescue centre in Spain. He is quite reserved and timid, not aggressive at all. He was neutered in Spain in June last year. He managed to climb the high fence at the back of my house into the allotments. We managed to keep him there and manned the gates so he couldn't get out. We couldn't catch him though.Lots of help being given from members. I am desperate to get him back. Last seen at Europa Pools around 4pm down in Birkenhead so he has got quite far. And Maxine can I point out that my house and garden were deemed secure, indeed it was commented that it is more secure than some of the home checkers.
- 2017-02-02 17:40 Hollieberry
- Am I right that Niko is newly rehomed from a rescue ?
- 2017-02-02 17:37 Jayelle
- Good thought, Mel. Even if he has only recently been castrated he may still be after a bitch. They tend to go on the trail of a specific bitch on heat, rather than roaming on the off chance of finding one. If there is one nearby that interests him, a clue may be that he has been off his food just lately.
When you do get him back, "jackal wires" may be needed atop your fence to keep him in.
- 2017-02-02 13:25 Mel
- Is Niko going off looking for lady dogs; is he spayed, if not maybe that's what he needs! Hope you find the beauty soon xxx
- 2017-02-02 12:37 Maxine W
- Oh god is once not enough for some 'owners'
- 2017-02-02 12:09 Woodville
- Niko somehow managed to scale his very high garden fence to get out into allotments at the back of the house. He was hanging around the allotments all day with the last sighting at 8pm. Unfortunately despite notices the allotment gates were left open and there have been no sightings of him in the area since. Help with watching the allotments and postering the wider area would be great as his poor family are shattered having been out all day and night yesterday.
- 2017-02-02 11:36 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Alerts sent to helpers in CH41,42,43,63.
- 2017-02-01 13:49 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Great to see and as Jenny4 definate harness and lead in these very early scary days for Niko x
- 2017-02-01 01:24 JANI
- Welcome Home Niko! xLast edited: 2017-02-06 00:21:04 by JANI
- 2017-01-30 22:52 #stoppettheft
- Aaah Lovely News x
- 2017-01-30 20:49 billybob
- Really pleased for Niko and his family. His Mum looks relieved but happy :)
- 2017-01-30 18:09 Sharon - Social Media Team
- Welcome home Niko. X
- 2017-01-30 13:26 jenny4 - Area Co-ordinator, West Hampshire
- wonderful news. Can I suggest a harness and collar with 2 leads until he is more at home. xxxx
- 2017-01-30 11:48 Patlucky
- stay safe Niko x
- 2017-01-30 09:37 Lisa P - Area Co-ordinator, Northamptonshire
- So pleased to see the good news, lovely reunited pic x
- 2017-01-30 08:05 Millypod (Chris) - Administrative Volunteer
- Great news :) Welcome home Niko.x
Lovely reunited photo :))
- 2017-01-30 00:12 Lesley
- Excellent news. Well done to all involved.
- 2017-01-29 23:43 Majorjet (Jan) - NW Area Co-ordinator, Merseyside
- REUNITED photo uploaded, welcome home NIKO.
Page may need refreshing to view photo.
CROSS POSTED frm Wirral fb page:
NIKO HAS BEEN FOUND!!! Thank you so much to everyone who shared and helped us search and gave us advice we can't tell you how much it means to us. He is nice and warm right now and we will be keeping a very close eye on him. (This is the face of a woman who has been crying/searching for a lost dog all day long haha)
- 2017-01-29 22:59 cjhinton - Area Volunteer, Devon
- found safely apparently - post on FB page Wirral Animals lost and found
- 2017-01-29 22:21 JANI
- sharing to groups x
- 2017-01-29 20:50 cjhinton - Area Volunteer, Devon
- Did he have a tag with owners details and is the microchip registered to the owner or the rescue still? Also which rescue and are they assisting the owner? Thank you x
- 2017-01-29 19:44 onestopalldogs
- Shared Facebook & Twitter
- 2017-01-29 19:33 Millypod (Chris) - Administrative Volunteer
- Sharing Twitter.
- 2017-01-29 19:23 Sharon - Social Media Team
- I have shared with DL FB Page, Twitter & Public. I hope Nico is safely back at home soon. X
- 2017-01-29 18:47 Lesley
- Shared Wirral
- 2017-01-29 18:07 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Alerts sent to helpers in CH41,42,43,63.
- 2017-01-29 18:04 Jan - Area Co-ordinator, Lancashire
- Shared to Doglost Facbook groups.Email advice sent xxx
- 2017-01-29 17:53 Lisa P - Area Co-ordinator, Northamptonshire
- Photo uploaded from circulating fb post x
- 2017-01-29 17:37 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Please send photo to firstname.lastname@example.org