Lost: Black And Tan Dachshund: Miniature Male In South East (BN1)
- Dog ID 108810
- Status Lost
- Registered 16 Dec 2016
- Name HUXLEY WITH ELFIE
- Gender & Breed Male Dachshund: Miniature
- Age Adult
- Colour Black and tan
- Marks & Scars wearing a blue fabric collar with owners mobile number stitched into it
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed Unknown
- Date Lost 22 Feb 2017
- Where Lost Hollingbury Park Golf Course, Brighton
- Lost In Region South East
- Lost In Post Area BN1
- Where Found
- Found In Region South East
- Found In Post Area BN1
- Date Reunited
- Other Info LARGE REWARD FOR SAFE RETURN of Huxley missing with Elfie. Both are microchipped & have collars with owners contact details stitched in them. If you see them PLEASE DO NOT CHASE them, keep them in sight & call owner asap. If you have any information as to where these dogs are please call Doglost in TOTAL CONFIDENCE. Thank you.
- Listed By Teressa
- Views 16217
- Please login to view & print a poster
- See more dogs Lost in BN1
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please post if you have news about this dog. Log in above or register to leave comments or to like them.
Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to here.
- 2017-03-28 20:38 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Christine Williams: Doglost does not create Fbk pages but sometimes other people helping owners do so for them. Both of the groups below are active although the Help Find Elfie and Huxley group has more followers and probably more information on it.
We always ask owners to update the Doglost pages.
We think it is very important as there are a lot of people who are Doglost helpers that do not use social media. It also means that we have a chronological record of sightings and things being done to help with the search for lost dogs. Personally, I do not always have time to search through Fbk pages to see all the comments and do not have it on my mobile so if I'm out and about I sometimes miss things said on them. I can always see any updates on our Doglost pages though! Fbk pages can obviously be extremely helpful in spreading the word etc and they sometimes make all the difference when searching for lost dogs :) Last edited: 2017-03-28 20:40:30 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2017-03-28 13:52 Christine Williams
- I'm so sorry to hear Huxley & Elfie, fingers crossed they're found soon. Shared on facebook & tweeted. There appears to be 2 facebook groups, which is the official one please?
- 2017-03-27 21:26 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- An incredible response to the Thunderclap with 285% of goal reached ie 819,953 people joined in! What a fantastic result from everyone, thank you :)
There's a huge cycling event (hosted by UK Cycling Events & Cycling Weekly) on the South Downs on Saturday 1st April and some the routes go through the areas that Elfie and Huxley may be travelling through. I have suggested that Teressa arranges for posters to be put at the start (Plumpton racecourse) and at feeding stations along the way if possible.
If anyone is able to help with this it would be appreciated (map on UK Cycling events Fbk page) as once again a big area to cover.
If someone has Eflie and Huxley then someone somewhere will spot them. So as egizzy says please look out for new dogs on the block. Have you seen any of your neighbours walking new dogs? Do you hear barking from a house where they have not had dogs before?
If you know where Elfie and Huxley are please call Teressa or Doglost in TOTAL CONFIDENCE.
- 2017-03-25 20:45 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thanks Sarah P, that's really kind of you, good job!
PeterD Thanks for that. I'll make sure that Teressa has seen your suggestions.
- 2017-03-24 08:15 PeterD
- It may be worth getting in touch with the Ouse Angling Preservation Society. Their waters go from Hamsey up to beyond Barcombe Mills which is a route that the dogs may take if heading to Uckfield. They have a bailiff who walks the river most days.
The gliding club at Ringmer will be active now the weather is changing so maybe you could ask them to keep an eye out from the air - its a long shot but worth trying.
- 2017-03-23 10:04 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Thank you sarahp...
- 2017-03-23 09:38 Sarah P
- Hi all, I have dropped posters in to as many businesses and shops as I could this morning, from Cophall to Halland this morning including the big petrol stations so hopefully someone filling up in the areas might have seen/know something. Will be doing the same in Uckfield at lunch time. Also have posters in my car, and all my colleagues cars who drive to and from Uckfield from all areas including Worthing. I cant imagine how hard this is, and have everything crossed that someone hears something soon.
- 2017-03-21 19:29 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thanks for the update Teressa. You have done so well and I can't imagine how hard this is for you but please remember that dogs are much more resilient than most people think.
PLEASE would anyone who is able to HELP put posters up cover the areas requested by Teressa in her post below.
We know that poster power works and it was one of those posters that brought in the last sighting. If we can get another sighting of Elfie and Huxley then we will have a better idea of which direction they are travelling in.
It's just a case of having the posters in the right place at the right time.
It goes without saying that many, many thanks go to every single one of you who are sharing, postering and helping search for Elfie and Huxley. You have been and are doing a fantastic job.
I know that Teressa and her family get a lot of encouragement from knowing that so many people are supporting them with their search.
- 2017-03-21 19:12 Teressa
- Hi Everyone
Doug & I have been walking around Hollingbury golf course, The Level, Lewes and West Park in Uckfield for the last few days. Put more posters up in these areas as well as Isfield, Barcombe and Upper Dicker. Most places have been done between Brighton & Uckfield & Upper Dicker. Still to do is Chiddingly, Ripe, Falmer and more in Golden cross. If you are able to help, please say where you have put posters up. We are so greatful for everyone's help and especially to those who gave up part of their Sunday again to help us. We really don't know how to thank you enough.
Suzie Burton has put, find Elfie and Huxley page on Thunderclap. To make this successful I'm asking for you to look this up on Facebook and follow the steps to get them known to everyone.
It's 4 wks tomorrow and the heartache is unbearable. Please help! X
- 2017-03-21 11:38 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thanks so much Sarah P. Your route covers the places that we think the dogs are heading for now. Just putting a poster in your car window would help and of course, putting posters up anywhere that a lot of people will see them.
Nina: Thanks. I've bn busy this week as my son came home unexpectedly but have been in contact with Teressa all the time.
Due to the sighting in Lewes and another message left on a poster nr Tescos it's thought that Elfie and Huxley may be trying to make their way back home. Teressa and the dogs used to live in Uckfield but are now in Upper Dicker so they could be going to either home.
I know that posters have been put up covering some of the areas between/on the way to these 2 places and I've asked Teressa to update this page to let us know the latest info on the search/postering.
Thanks so much to all who helped poster on Sunday and, of course, everyone who's keeping Elfie and Huxley in their minds and continuing to search.
Come on Elfie and Huxely, we need you to show yourselves again so we know where you are please!
- 2017-03-21 10:49 Nina
- Sarah p I am sure the owner would be grateful of any help you can give ie..posters in cars, posters in schools and colleges, posters in shops etc. Owner often are so busy out searching they don't always have time to read the messages, so thanks.
- 2017-03-21 10:36 Sarah P
- Hi there, I work in Uckfield, and live in Eastbourne so travel the Dicker everyday. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Thanks, Sarah
- 2017-03-20 20:39 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thanks Mr Fox, Huxley was lost with his mum on 22nd Feb so not him but thanks anyway.
(This page was originally registered in December when he was lost down a rabbit hole and then made his way home just before Christmas)
- 2017-03-20 18:28 Mr Fox
- Please check Animal search uk No:AFP310135. Fingers crossed
- 2017-03-18 15:21 allimac
- copied and pasted from facebook page:
VOLUNTEERS NEEDES PLEASE!!
We need volunteers to help poster the villages between lewes, uckfield and Eastbourne. This is a massive area that needs to be covered and we really need your help to get these guys out there. Teressa Saunders only got the sighting in lewes as she posters the area this week. They moved from hollingbury to lewes in just six days. This was 17 days ago so they could be anywhere now.
If you can help please comment below. The meeting place is at the back of tescos car park in lewes on Sunday 19th at 10am tescos address is:
Thank you to anyone who can help xxx
- 2017-03-16 16:25 Teressa
- A lady called this morning after spotting our poster near Tesco, Lewes. Said on 28th Feb she had to stop car as two miniature dachshunds were crossing the road. It was 4pm and raining.
Please keep a look out in Lewes and travelling towards Uckfiekd. They may be making there way to our old house. Also look between Lewes and Upper Dicker where we now live. Thank you x
- 2017-03-16 16:21 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Alerts sent to helpers in BN7,8.
- 2017-03-16 16:18 Jenny & Tiga k9tracker
- Admin - can email alerts go out to Lewes please!
- 2017-03-13 21:02 Teressa
- We have put up posters in Lewes thinking they might try and make there way home. We need to do the villages surrounding there tomorrow. We are getting some banners made up. Does anyone know of someone with private land that is facing a busy road in Brighton that would be prepared to have a banner put up? One banner really needs to be located around the A27 near Molscoombe.
Doug and I have put up posters around Parts of Brighton where our dogs have been tracked and areas such as cemetery's, parks and allotments. If you are able and willing would you help us get more posters up in Brighton and surrounding areas within a 10 mile radius. Having a poster in your car window would be great too.
Just want to say a huge thank you to everyone that helped us search on Sunday. It was lovely meeting you all in person. It would have made the day even more special if we had been able to take our doggies home with us. We won't stop until we do. ❤️
Last edited: 2017-03-13 21:01:26 by Teressa
- 2017-03-13 14:22 Alison - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Just had a reply from the owner and the 2 dogs for sale on FB are NOT Elfie and Huxley.
- 2017-03-10 16:53 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- We had a sighting called into head office yesterday about a loose Dachshund being seen in the Hove area. Sadly this turned out to be a false alarm. We found out in the evening that there had been a dog lost in the Hangelton area who had been scared and ran off from the park whilst walking. Luckily this dog did go back to the park so is back with her owner. I doubled checked with the person who lost her and all the details of the sighting match with it being her dog that was seen.
I know I go on about posters all the time because they are so important but I really think we need more around the whole of Brighton and Hove please.
Lost dogs will travel a lot further than most people would expect them to so if there are posters up all over then when either of them are seen we should get a call.
Some people are also asking if the dogs could have been stolen and how we can help if that is what happened. Again, it's down to posters and making sure so many are put up that the dogs are made too hot to handle.
I can't imagine how very distressing yesterday must have been for Teressa and her family but I do know that they and we will not be giving up.
The search goes on ..
- 2017-03-09 14:11 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- A little more info about the sighting at the Level is that the Dschshund was seen at about 8:30am and was sniffing around the bin. So it does sound as though it was either Elfie or Huxley looking for food.
Thank you to the Argus for updating the article http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/15138081.article/?Ref=fbpg Last edited: 2017-03-09 14:13:23 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2017-03-07 22:21 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thanks to all who are helping with the search for Huxley and Elfie. You are doing a fantastic job for which we are very grateful.
Good to hear of the sighting on the Level (we've bumped the page) It could mean that either Elfie or Huxley is trying to find their way back to the office which is good. I think you said that there are posters in that area so maybe another sighting will come in which would be good.
It also means that it's important to make sure that there are as many posters as possible please in and around all of Brighton. I know, from what Teressa says, that a lot have already been put up but there can never be too many of them!
Teressa: I know how hard this must be for you and your family but we will not give up and please be encouraged by how much support you have (14,200+ views of this page and more than 16,500 of Elfie's!) Last edited: 2017-03-07 22:23:33 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2017-03-06 21:36 Teressa
- Just had info that a lady saw one Daxie at the level, Brighton, last Thursday. Unfortunately no more information at the moment. Please keep eyes peeled.
Our son is also currently driving back from London after checking out a Daxie, which looked like Hux on Gumtree. Unfortunately it wasn't him. 😢
- 2017-03-06 00:24 Missing Dogs UK
- shared on my fbook page https://www.facebook.com/FINDMISSUNGDOGSUK/ and twitter
Really hope they are ok and found very soon
- 2017-03-05 10:41 Teressa
- Thank you everyone that has been out there searching. It's heartbreaking for us to come back home with no dogs after long days of searching but with everyone's support it helps to keep us going. Thank you x
My family are going back up to the golf course soon to check scent boxes and search. Paying attention to rabbit, and fox holes and badger setts.
Last edited: 2017-03-05 10:38:05 by Teressa
- 2017-03-03 16:41 Teressa
- We can't thank everyone enough for your help. We have been searching in Stamner park for past couple of days. Our son is checking the scent boxes on the golf course now. Nothing so far. Our feelings are, if they were stuck down a hole they would have lost enough weight to get out by now. We can't help thinking they have been picked up or running scared. X
- 2017-03-02 11:43 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Well done Teressa and thanks for the update.
Just to go over what has been and is happening. We have a lovely couple who have been checking as many holes as possible with their snake camera but as there are obviously so many to try it makes it a hard job. Searches are still going on day and night. Our lovely helpers have been doing a great job getting more posters up which is brilliant.
Please may I ask that as many posters as possible are put up in the estates around the area where Elfie and Huxley were lost as the thoughts are that one of the dogs is going scavenging for food overnight.
There can never be enough posters and we know that this is the best way to get sightings come in. POSTER POWER works!
We are all hoping that Elfie and Huxley will show themselves very soon wherever they are so
PLEASE Elfie and Huxley .. let us know where you are so you can go home to your family who are missing you so very much.
- 2017-03-01 18:29 Teressa
- Have made up two scent boxes contains their blanket and our socks. One is placed by the fort and one placed by the allotments. Both have posters on stating to leave them alone. We will be going up later this evening to check them and again early in the morning if they are not there tonight. Keep looking as this was about the time Hux came out of the last hole. I'm not sure to target a specific area as there has been no sightings at all. I've been looking around the allotment area as that's where they started from and the fort area as this was the last sighting before they went running off.
Thanks again everyone for your commitment in helping us search. Very much appreciated. X
- 2017-03-01 09:21 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- I have been Tweeting this morning including one to Network Rail who have already retweeted and replied. If anyone is on Twitter please tweet for Elfie and Huxley or retweet my tweets (@mivvidog) Thanks.
- 2017-03-01 07:06 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Elfie and Huxley are in the Argus today.
If anyone can help postering we would like to get lots of posters up in and around the Moulsecoomb area please. In fact it would help to have more posters all around Brighton area now.
Thank you. Last edited: 2017-03-01 08:06:36 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2017-02-28 21:37 Teressa
- Jenny & Yogi met Laura up on the golf course to track, then I met up with Jenny and carried on tracking in the afternoon. Yogi took us again around molscoombe but this time around the area of Homewood college. Does anyone know anything about this college/area? Travelling back there now to put up more posters as there doesn't seem to be any there.
If you can get posters printed please put them up in all areas in and surrounding Brighton. Lewes, Hove etc.
It's been nearly a week since they have gone missing and every day that goes by with no sightings at all, is very upsetting for us. It's very hard to keep positive but we are not going to give up. Please stand by us by distributing posters, talking to people and looking around on your travels.
Last edited: 2017-02-28 21:18:09 by Teressa
- 2017-02-27 22:23 madrid
- Drove around the area tonight, round Cuckmere Way, Ditchling Road with my eyes peeled. No sign but i saw plenty of posters good job done there.
- 2017-02-27 15:19 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thanks for your updates Teressa and for the chat this afternoon.
I have changed the photo on Elfie's page as it shows Elfie's markings a little better (you may need to refresh/reload the page to see it)
If you are printing posters please use ELFIE's page as the photo is of both Elfie and Huxley. Thanks.
I have advised that a strong cardboard box (covered with plastic to keep it dry) with scent articles (of unwashed clothes such as socks/tshirts etc) be left nr where lost and walk started off from. This is so Elfie and Huxley have somewhere that smells familiar to them to settle down with when they return. If you see it please do not touch them so owners scent stays on it. Thank you.
Teressa: It's always hard when dogs have been lost this long and it's not surprising you are having a bad day but I know you will keep at it so please try to stay strong. Over 9500 views of this page which shows you have an amazing amount of support from everyone who I know will continue to help you.
- 2017-02-27 13:49 Teressa
- Unfortunately we've both been at work this morning but my husband has been printing more posters off to distribute. I'm on my way up to the golf course again. Really want them home as weather is only meant to get worse. The tracker would come back & help but they are unable to track In such awful weather. We're not giving up. They must be out there somewhere. Don't forget to keep your eyes peeled. They may have separated so even if you see only one, call me please.
You are all amazing and we can't thank you enough. KEEP LOOKING!
- 2017-02-27 09:54 madrid
- I will go up later this evening with my high power lamp maybe there are coming out at night.
- 2017-02-26 22:32 Teressa
- Really thought BBQ would draw them out as well as hearing our voices but sadly nothing. It's like they have just vanished. Either they are so scared they are not responding to anything or they are no longer there. This will not stop us as we are desperate to get our babies back. We have tried everything possible. You will find around dew pond and wild park, bits of my scarf which have my scent on. Please do not touch these! Any sightings at all, even if it's just the one, please contact us.
We both have work tomorrow but we will be up there at different times of the day to check again. Please don't stop searching or leafleting, help us get them back.
- 2017-02-26 14:43 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Well done Teressa, not a very pleasant night to be out in but is always worth a try as they will be hungry now. We could really do with some calmer, warmer weather but I don't think that's going to happen yet.
Teressa and friends are out again today postering the area between where the car was parked up at beginning of the walk and the walkers workplace. They are putting them through letter boxes of houses there in case the dogs return to that area.
Teressa also has a lovely couple helping to check holes with a snake camera which is very kind of them.
Some people are asking if the dogs could have been stolen. Obviously we do not discount anything but I think and hope it's unlikely. The advice that we give when dogs are stolen is to get as many posters out as possible which has and is still being done.
So masses of support for the family and lots of posters up but we still need that sighting.
Thanks again to all who are giving up their time to search. It's really appreciated.
- 2017-02-25 22:47 Teressa
- Hi All
No sightings yet but hoping the smell of sausages draw them out of hiding if they are here. The weathers not to bad so fingers crosse.
Thanks everyone for helping out today. I hope your little sausages were not to cold. Let's hope we can all be snuggled up in the warm with our doggies tomorrow. X
- 2017-02-25 19:50 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- madrid: Thanks so much for going out twice, that's a great help and it's good to hear there are lots of posters out now. The helpers have been doing a great job getting them up so people are aware. Yes, I heard it was very windy again, which would not have helped the search as it probably means the dogs will be hiding away from it in some sheltered place.
For those of you that do not know, the dogs are not anywhere near their home as they were being walked by somewhere nr their workplace. We do know that both Elfie and Huxley like to go exploring down holes so we have to consider that they may be stuck down one.
As the dog tracking has led to a couple of estates beside the golf course area we think that they are going there looking for food. However, I say 'they' but it's possible that one is stuck in a hole and the other is going scavenging at night. We are not sure, but we do think that they are going back to the dew pond to drink as it appears this is the only place in the area they would be able to get to water.
I don't know if there are many badger setts or foxholes where they are lost but if there are they are most likely to be in the woods, in banks or on farmland. When Huxley was stuck in the rabbit hole before he did not bark or make any noise at all so it would be hard to tell which hole he (or his mum) would be in.
There have been a lot of people out searching today but sadly still no sightings.
We just have to hope that the posters everyone has been putting up all around the area will bring in that all important sighting. Not having any news is obviously a concern but hopefully it's because the dogs are hiding away when people are around and only coming out into the open at night. I'm told that they do not really like cars (Huxley is particular scared of them) so I hope that means they will not try to cross the roads.
Once again, thank you to each and every one of you who have been out postering and searching. You are doing an anazing job! Well done!
The family have been and are doing everything they can to find Elfie and Huxley and all the support they have makes a huge difference.
COME ON ELFIE and HUXLEY .. SHOW US WHERE YOU ARE PLEASE so we can get you home where you belong.
- 2017-02-25 18:05 JANI
- sharing to groups x
- 2017-02-25 17:12 madrid
- Searched for an hour round pond area and beyond, saw posters and others searching too. Sorry no sighting its blowing a gale up there!
- 2017-02-25 16:12 janiejewel1649
- Thinking of you in the search today. Paws, and fingers xd.
- 2017-02-25 13:41 madrid
- No sign on horseback though some walkers were aware of them lost so news getting out. If i get a chance will look this pm
- 2017-02-25 10:48 Turtle
- Good luck, hoping for the best news.
- 2017-02-25 10:44 Jane
- Shared Twittered
- 2017-02-25 10:37 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Wishing you all the luck that you need today Teressa.
Please ask people not to call Elfie and Huxley as it will confuse them. would be good if the lady with the key to the allotments would let a few people have a good look in there as Jenny said there are lots of places they could hide in there.
Best advice I can give is stay as quiet as possible, to take it slowly, to check under bushes, sheds, tree stumps etc and most important of all NOT to chase or try to catch them if they are seen. As everyone will have your tel number they can text you asap if they see them.
It would also be worth checking under the caravans in Wild Park.
I gather tracking took you to an estate where they seem to be scavenging at night so please smother that (and other estates) with posters so householders are aware.
POSTERS are very, very important please. They can be printed directly from the poster page. If you reduce them to half size (A5) they are good to hand to everyone you meet whilst searching so they have one in their pocket. If you run out just ask people to take a photo of one so they have the tel numbers!
Very best of luck to you all and again, many thanks for all your help
- 2017-02-25 09:22 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Teressa posted this earlier on Elfie's page:
"Another long day yesterday searching but no luck finding them. I'm organising a Daxie search today at 12pm at Dew pond. Please join us with or without your doggies to help flush them out of hiding if they are still there. I would also like to ask you to bring posters with you to put up around the area. Be aware wrap up warm, it is very windy in certain areas on the golf course. Thank you again for all your support, Our family are overwhelmed by it x "
I have bumped the pages so that people know about the search.
If you are going to search please, as Teressa says, make sure you have posters with you to give to people you meet whilst out there.
I hope the weather treats you kindly and that you find Elfie and Huxley. Very best of luck to you.
- 2017-02-25 03:50 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- I've copied and pasted your post on to Elfie's page so everyone will read it Teressa.
Mary: many thanks. There are a lot of people searching and postering already but if you want to come over then please do :) The dogs are quite a long way from home so am not sure they would be able to make their own way there. At the moment Jenny tracked them in roughly the same area where they were first lost.
Most posts have been on Elfie's page and I have asked for posters to be printed from that page as it has the photo of both dogs on it.
What we really need is a new sighting so fingers crossed we will get one soon.
- 2017-02-24 12:01 Teressa
- Hi Everyone
My parents are home if they find there way back.
K9 are back today helping and need everyone to assist by helping to keep their dogs at a distance so they can do their job. I would like to say a huge thank you for everyone's help and kind words, it's helping us to stay positive. At this stage it is critical to get doglost posters out there in the public eye, in your local area and all areas in Brighton and from Brighton towards Upper Dicker.
Thank you again for your support. Teressa x
- 2017-02-24 11:19 Mary
- Was the sighting, that was reported to Terressa's husband, both dogs? Also is anyone home if Huxley makes his way home, as he did last time?
If not found I will drive over tomorrow to help search and hand out posters.
- 2017-02-24 09:29 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thanks for last night's update Teressa. Good to hear that they seem to be staying in the same area even if they have not been found yet. You are doing really well so just keep at it. Exhausting, I know, but I know you will not give up however tiring it is.
Thanks Madrid: that would be helpful as often riders can see more than others (and go further!)
As we have only had one sighting (reported to Teressa's husband yesterday) my feeling is that Elfie and Huxley are still keeping out of sight of people because they are scared. So if you are helping search please would you NOT CALL them (or try to catch them unless they approach you) as it will only confuse them and scare them off.
It's been brilliant how everyone is trying to help, many thanks to all of you.
I'm concerned that there are not enough posters out in the area as they are the very best way of having sightings reported.
So please, when you search, would you try to put a large one or 2 up and also take a big handful of posters with you to give to everyone you meet! You can reduce the A4 ones down to A5 so they are handy for people's pockets.
These 2 little ones have to be somewhere so let's hope they show themselves soon so we can get them home safely.
Thanks again everyone, you are doing a great job.
Best of luck today
- 2017-02-24 09:28 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Update fm Teressa last night:
"No sightings but Jenny's beagle kept tracking back to dew pond. Their scent was picked up going through Wild park into Molscoombe estate ( not sure if that's spelt correctly) opposite park. Jenny thought they were probably there during the night looking for food. Please look out for them late eve if you live in that area.
We are currently camped out in our car in Wild park. Nikki also helped us search the night before on the golf course and around dew pond.
I have tied a piece of my scarf around the railings in Wild park hoping they will recognise it.
Please, just keep looking as we think they will be hiding in wooded areas or under bushes. Thank you"
- 2017-02-24 02:36 Sharon - Social Media Team
- I have shared with DL FB Page, Twitter & Public. I hope Huxley & Elfie are both safely back at home soon. X
- 2017-02-23 20:25 onestopalldogs
- Shared Facebook & Twitter
- 2017-02-23 15:14 janiejewel1649
- Please stay safe you pair until you are found/ Paws xd.
- 2017-02-23 07:55 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- As the photo with both dogs is on Elfie's page please print posters from that one. Thanks.
If anyone does see either of the dogs PLEASE DO NOT CHASE them as they are bound to be scared! Just keep them in sight (drop food down nr them if poss to keep in the area) and call Teressa asap so she can come to you. Many thanks
If you are going out to help search or poster today please wrap up well and stay safe! Last edited: 2017-02-23 08:11:28 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2017-02-23 07:26 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Unfortunately no luck finding these 2 yet. I've just spoken with Teressa (Huxley and Elfie's owner) and she is already up on the golf course looking for them.
I know it's awful weather but if anyone would be able to help by getting some posters (laminated/in plastic covers please!) up around the allotments, Hollingbury Park and Woods, Bowls Club and any of the roads surrounding the golf course it would be greatly appreciated as Teressa is obviously out searching.
I'm sure that the dogs will be holed up somewhere in this wind and rain so if anyone is helping search please look in places that they can be hiding such as under bushes/undergrowth. We know that Huxley goes after rabbits as he was stuck down a hole for 8 days when he was missing last time (bravely made his own way home last time despite being very weak and thin)
I'll put any updates on here when I have some more news.
Keeping everything crossed that these 2 little ones are found very soon.
- 2017-02-22 23:07 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thanks Alison
- 2017-02-22 22:35 Alison - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Email alerts sent to postcodes BN1,BN2,BN3,BN6,BN7,BN41,BN42,BN45
- 2017-02-22 22:34 Sarah - Twitter Co-ordinator, Social Media Team
- Tweeted @DogLostUK x
- 2017-02-22 22:13 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Sorry to say that Huxley is missing again with his mother Elfie on Hollingbury Park Golf Course (Brighton)
They were taken for a walk by a friend who unfortunately let Huxley off the lead and he ran off into some bushes.
They were last seen near the dew pond on the golf course.
Owners are still out searching but have had no sightings yet. I have sent our Doglost email advice out and had a quick chat with Teressa about laying a scent trail from the dew pond back to the car park and also leaving scent articles there.
Nicki is going to meet Teressa with a thermal image camera to see if they can spot the 2 dogs.
Keeping fingers crossed that they are found quickly before the bad weather tomorrow.
(Please refresh the page to see recent photos of the dogs) Last edited: 2017-02-22 22:15:47 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2017-01-11 19:02 Bobble - Area Co-ordinator, Somerset & North Dorset
- Great news that he got free and got home. No more exploring now Huxley ;)
- 2016-12-24 00:56 JANI
- Wonderful! x
- 2016-12-23 15:02 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- WOW! GREAT NEWS!
- 2016-12-23 14:12 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Huxley made it into the press too! Many thanks to Uckfield FM who let everyone know he was missing. UFM have now updated their article and added the link to this page which is kind of them.
- 2016-12-23 14:05 Baydogs
- Very pleased to see this determined lad made it home.
Welcome back Huxley. Lots of lovely things to eat, pressies to open and plenty of cuddles.
- 2016-12-23 14:03 Hollieberry
- This little guy is a Hero his last week must have been a nightmare .
- 2016-12-23 13:40 Sharon - Social Media Team
- Great news. X
Welcome home, Huxley. X
- 2016-12-23 12:34 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Had a chat with Teressa who says Huxley (as you can see from new reunited photos ..refresh to see pls) is very, very thin & exhausted. He obviously had to make a monumental effort to get out of the hole to make his way home to his mum, bless him. She's taking him to the vet for a checkup & will hopefully update this page later.
- 2016-12-23 10:17 Turtle
- Glad it wasn't too small a rabbit! Great news.☺
- 2016-12-23 07:20 Millypod (Chris) - Administrative Volunteer
- YAY :)) Great news :))Welcome home Huxley.x
- 2016-12-23 06:49 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Well done Huxley. I am sure youve made your mum sooo happy. Stay safe and close Merry Christmas xx
- 2016-12-23 06:22 nickyjm
- Fantastic news!
- 2016-12-23 00:14 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Whoopeee!! Just heard that Huxley has made his own way home. As suspected by his mum Teressa he'd been stuck down a rabbit hole. Now he will be able to join his mum opening all those Christmas pressies!
Well done to Teressa and everyone else who has been searching, postering and sharing for this little lad. I've added his reunited photo (you ma need to refresh/reload the page to see it)
Well done Huxley! Stay close to home now pretty please :)
PS Please would anyone seeing a poster take them down now! Thank you! Last edited: 2016-12-23 00:28:00 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2016-12-22 11:29 Teressa
- We are still waiting for our little boy to come home and open his presents for Christmas.
His Mum's demeanour has changed dramatically. Not eating, following us everywhere, refusing to go in the bed that she shared with her son and completely covering herself up in her blanket to hide herself away. We also feel very empty and unable to get on with our lives. Please help us by keep sharing, looking & listening for any information.
Thank you for all your support, ideas and kind words, it really helps us to stay positive at this awful time.
- 2016-12-20 18:07 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Well done Teressa, you are doing everything right and just keep at it. I have added that there's a reward for his safe return to this page so that it shows on the posters.
- 2016-12-19 20:35 Teressa
- I went for another long walk today with Huxley's favourite toy & blanket. There's so many rabbit holes I couldn't check them all out before it got dark. Sadly still no sign of him. We will start looking somewhere new tomorrow.
Huxley is neutered and chipped. Please take him to your nearest vets if found.
There is a reward for his safe return.
- 2016-12-18 22:05 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thanks for letting us know how you are getting on Teressa. Try the tip I suggested with the hosepipe and funnel as you can listen and call down it. Remember there are often several holes into a rabbit warren so check them all out if possible.
Good to hear lots of posters up as you can never have enough of them.
Best of luck with your search.
- 2016-12-18 21:46 Teressa
- He went missing from Cold harbour road, Upper Dicker
- 2016-12-18 21:43 Teressa
- Still no sign of Huxley. We've been checking rabbit holes in the area that his Mum has taken us too. We've put up posters in village & Hailsham. Please keep looking out for him just in case he's been taken by someone.
- 2016-12-17 17:02 JANI
- sharing to groups x
- 2016-12-17 00:25 Sharon - Social Media Team
- I have shared with DL FB Page, Twitter & Public. I hope Huxley is safely back at home soon. X
- 2016-12-16 21:00 Millypod (Chris) - Administrative Volunteer
- Sharing Twitter.
- 2016-12-16 20:19 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- I'm sorry to see that Huxley has gone missing. Teressa: I have sent a text to you asking if you have had any luck finding him. I have also rotated the photo so that it's the right way around for the poster (you may need to refresh/reload the page to see it)
Would you let us know whereabouts he was lost from please (road/park?) so we know how best to help. I have sent our Doglost email advice to you which may help you with the search for Huxley. Here's hoping Huxley is home very soon.
(PS Huxley is on Brighton Dogwatch on Fbk with extra details so have added them on to the page)Last edited: 2016-12-16 20:25:14 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2016-12-16 19:53 Jane
- Shared Twitter
- 2016-12-16 19:48 Millypod (Chris) - Administrative Volunteer
- Photos rotated you may need to refresh page.
- 2016-12-16 17:23 onestopalldogs
- Shared Facebook & Twitter
- 2016-12-16 12:34 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Alerts sent to BN27. will add more postcodes when we have the place name.
- 2016-12-16 11:37 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Where about in BN27 did Huxley go missing from?
- 2016-12-16 11:02
- Sorry to see that HUXLEY WITH ELFIE is missing.
- If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and check that all details are up to date.
- Owners targeted by a malicious hoaxer demanding money for the return of their dog should phone the police on 101 immediately and contact email@example.com
- A photograph of your dog is essential for the website. If you have not already uploaded one, please do so by clicking on Update details. Alternatively you can email it to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the dog's DogLost ID number: (108810)
- Obtain a missing poster by clicking on View poster above. Posters are very important so start postering now!
- You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments. You can add comments by clicking on Click here to add a comment.
- Contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, the Police. Give a detailed description with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your area here.
- If your dog has been stolen inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN).
- If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, it can be legally re-homed after seven days. Visit rescue centres in person and do not rely on checking by phone alone. Other people may not recognise your dog by your description, so give them a DogLost poster.
- Keep us updated by keeping your dog's page up to date and check for posts from helpers who may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings
- DogLost is free and anyone asking for money to find or return your dog is not volunteering for us. If you are concerned about an approach you have received, please call our helpline on 01633 668 364. Lines are open seven days a week 08:00-20:00.