Stolen: Dark Browny Black Patterdale Terrier Male
- Dog ID 106261
- Status Stolen
- Registered 22 Oct 2016
- Name SPIDER AND GEORGE
- Gender & Breed Male Patterdale Terrier (Neutered)
- Age Adult
- Colour dark browny black
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged Yes
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed Unknown
- Investigating Force Kent Police
- Crime Reference No. YY/24108/16
- Date Lost 21 Oct 2016
- Where Lost Bedgebury forest.
- Lost In Region South East
- Lost In Post Area TN18
- Date Reunited
- Other Info CRN:YY/24108/16 Spider went missing with George, a PARSONS JACK RUSSELL terrier nr Park lane entrance to Bedgebury forest. Both are microchipped & neutered. There's a LARGE REWARD for the safe return of the dogs. Please be aware it is REQUIRED BY LAW to report finding a dog to the DOG WARDENS. If you know where these dogs are or have any information please call Doglost in TOTAL CONFIDENCE on 0844 800 3220.
- Listed By Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Views 7523
- Please login to view & print a poster
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please post if you have news about this dog. Log in above or register to leave comments or to like them.
Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to here.
- 2017-03-06 08:16 Cheri Hornshaw
- The sighting below turned out not to be Spider but another dog that had run ahead of his owner
- 2017-02-17 12:46 Cheri Hornshaw
- NEW SIGHTING ... of Spider(?).
11am Friday 17 Feb 2017
PLEASE LOOK OUT with a lead. Sighted near to POST 40 on the cycle trail in Bedgebury Forest. Not far from A21 entrance that passes the Saw Mill. Not far from a previous sighting in the bottom right corner of the forest.
A forest volunteer with the walking group has just reported above to Bedgebury Info Centre. It was a fleeting sighting of a dog like Spider running quickly across a track.
I am on the A1 travelling home from Yorkshire. Could all visiting the forest today please keep a look out. I won't arrive until 6ish.
- 2017-01-15 21:45 Coco
- Shared for both dogs
- 2017-01-15 21:25 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- This is really good news. Page has been bumped so that people are aware of this new sighting. Well done leaving the bed with bedding etc. Let's hope you get more good news soon.
- 2017-01-15 13:27 Jane
- Shared Twittered - this could be the news EVERYONE is waiting for - everything X'd
- 2017-01-15 13:10 janiejewel1649
- Sounds very promising Cheri. Paws xd/ Probably made "TOO HOT TO HANDLE"
- 2017-01-15 11:45 Mary
- Oh Cheri, I do so hope it is spider. Could Jenny come back to track from the bench perhaps.
- 2017-01-15 11:37 Cheri Hornshaw
- NEW REPORTED SIGHTING. A man who was walking his three dogs, in Park Lane, Bedgebury Forest,sat down on the public bench at the junction of Park lane and the Sweetness Cycle Trail near to Louisa Lodge. After a while at 16:30ish a brown/black terrier appeared in front of him. He said it was as if the dog had come over to look at his dogs. The dog did not respond to calling and when he tried to approach the dog it ran off back along the Cycle track. After studying our poster and feeling sure it was Spider still wearing the red collar with orange trim
He texted and I rang back. It has been 12 weeks since their disappearance very close to this spot. We wonder whether Spider and possibly George have been dumped back in the forest following publicity. We have shared a new poster on their FB page @GeorgeandSpider. We went out last night but.it was dark. Left a waterproofed dog carry bed with bedding, water, dog treats and clothing of mine and lefft my scent at entrance. No sign of them this morning. New poster is being shared widely on FB and lots of people have said they will look out whilst walking, cycling, horse riding and jogging.
- 2016-12-10 16:22 Cheri Hornshaw
- ATTEMPTED DOGNAPPING INCIDENT AT BEWL RESERVOIR
My young son just remembered to tell me a man telephoned our home phone this week to say:
He was walking his dog at Bewl off lead. He saw a man walking with a lead and no dog. He asked the man where his dog was. The man said his spaniel was just ahead. Sometime later he saw the man again. HE HAD HIS DOG ON LEAD! The owner challenged the man. He let the dog off lead and started to walk away. Again he asked him where is your dog and he replied that he didn't have a dog.
My son forgot to ask for a name and number. If this was you, can you telephone me again. I would love to ask you some questions about this incident.
- 2016-12-08 20:23 Coco
- Wakefield Lost Dogs
5 hrs ·
Lost female dog found in Knottingley. Please help us find its owners.
If you require any further information in respect of this dog please contact Wakefield Council on 0345 8 506 506 and quote ref CRM:LVE:SD-002522/01. Proof of ownership will be required before the dog is released. All appropriate fees will need to be paid before the dog can be released. https://www.facebook.com/705871066143462/photos/a.705910962806139.1073741828.705871066143462/1292693547461208/?type=3 Image may contain: dog, grass, outdoor and nature.... Just seen the dog is Female at Wakefield
Last edited: 2016-12-08 20:26:26 by Coco
- 2016-12-08 19:45 Jane
- Shared Twitter
- 2016-12-08 18:46 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- I've just seen the Meridian Tonight item on Spider and George. Excellent publicity for you and let's hope this will bring in some news of your lads.
There is a large reward for the safe return of Spider and George.
If anyone has any information and/or knows anything about where Spider and George are please call their owner or call Doglost in TOTAL CONFIDENCE on 0844 800 3220.Last edited: 2016-12-08 18:48:08 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2016-12-08 18:27 CJ - Police Liaison Co-ordinator
- Good report - lets hope this brings some news. Maybe someone has seen these dogs with someone? If they do - there is a police crime reference number - but we will take information if wish to remain anonymous.
- 2016-12-08 15:31 Cheri Hornshaw
- A news appeal re George and Spider will be broadcast tonight. ITV Meridian 6pm
- 2016-12-02 22:41 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- So pleased to hear how much publicity you are getting for Spider and George.
Glad to see that they have added the photos for you Cheri.
- 2016-12-02 17:52 Cheri Hornshaw
- The online version of this Courier article has been amended to include photos of George and Spider. http://www.kentlive.news/an-autistic-boy-has-been-left-heartbroken-after-callous-thieves-stole-his-beloved-rescue-dog/story-29940876-detail/story.html
- 2016-12-02 10:50 Cheri Hornshaw
- Our missing dogs have been featured on the front page of the Kent and East Sussex Courier (Weald). Missed opportunity that they have not included a photo of our missing dogs or mentioned DogLost or our FB page. Ferrari press put the info out without me checking info first. https://www.facebook.com/GeorgeandSpider/posts/1343013135711547
- 2016-12-01 16:09 Jane
- Shared Twitter
- 2016-12-01 06:35 Cheri Hornshaw
- ITV Meridian will be filming with Us this weekend. I will post again when I know when that is going to be shown
- 2016-11-27 11:29 twoDs
- Daily Mirror article about these two - let's hope it gets them home
- 2016-11-25 22:47 Gloria
- sharing with Twitter and facebook and friends and family xxx hopefully will be reunited very soon xx
- 2016-11-23 12:21 MandyD
- This last sighting in Biddenden has not been confirmed.
- 2016-11-23 07:51 MandyD
- Posted on FB page yesterday
BOTH DOGS SEEN RUNNING ACROSS A FIELD IN BIDDENDEN YESTERDAY, MONDAY 21 NOVEMBER?
Today at 14:45 someone messaged me to say a friend had told her of the above sighting - that a girl saw the poster in Green World, Staplehurst and gave details of the sighting to Green World. I rang Green World. They confirm a girl reported the above sighting but have no details.
If anyone has any details of this sighting please contact me.
Please all Biddenden Residents keep a lookout for our dogs on nearby fields, on the roads and in your gardens and out buildings.
- 2016-11-23 07:49 MandyD
- Copied from FB page
Cara Elizabeth reported finding a small brown very thin, scared female dog this pm on the Cranbrook Road near Fosten Green Lane. She has handed the dog over to a professional. It seems very likely that this was the dog sighted by a horse rider at the Fosten Green entrance to Hemsted Forest between Rogley Barn and Mockbegger Lane. Once Cara Elizabeth shares a photo with me I can disregard the Saturday sighting from our search.
- 2016-11-21 18:41 Cheri Hornshaw
- Returned to burrow with listening hose and funnel. No sounds. Our dog Skippy showing no interest. Using hose I could follow the direction of the burrows and discover they are not very deep.
- 2016-11-21 18:38 Cheri Hornshaw
- Reported Sightings (all searched extensively over a number of days):
Day 11 Mon 31 Oct Reported 4 days later
Boxhurst Fields, Sandhurst
2 terriers running in fields (may have been two resident terriers that roam free)
Day 14 Thu 03 Nov 10:00 Reported 5 days later
Cranbrook Road near to the Golford Road junction
Black dog walking in road
Day 16 Sat 05 Nov 10:00 reported 8 days later
Marshal’s Lake Bridge, Pinetum, Bedgebury Forest
Black dog, bedraggled and wet wearing red/orange bamboo embroidered collar. This seems to be a definite sighting.
Day 17 Sun 06 Nov 11:00 reported 2 days later
Lea Farm Field, Flimwell Road side of Bedgebury Forest (Sighting 1 of 2)
Black dog running along the edge of field on the footpath side (could have been a local resident walking their dog or a dog with a cyclist)
Day 21 Thu 10 Nov 14:30 reported 7 days later
Cranbrook Road towards Fosten Lane, Fosten Green.
Two terriers, one white, one black running along the Cranbrook Road. Sighted adjacent to the lay-by running in the direction of Fosten Lane. This sounds like a definite sighting
Day 24 Sun 13 Nov 11:30 reported 2 hours later
Lea Farm Field, Flimwell Road side of Bedgebury Forest (Sighting 2 of 2)
Black dog running across the top of Lea Farm Field from the footpath towards the stream and Wanda’s Cycle Track. (resident felt that the dog’s tail was fuller then Spider’s tail. It may be same local dog as previous Sunday). We have searched this area extensively and had a tracker dog pick up a trail (Monday 14 Nov). The scent source is a dog bed shared by George, Spider and Skippy. We are not sure if the tracker dog picked up Skippy’s scent trail as I later realized Mark had walked the area extensively with Skippy after the first sighting here.
Day 30 Sat 19 Nov 10:00 reported within hour
Fosten Green entrance to Hemsted Forest
Brown dog crossing footpath from direction of Rogley Barn towards Mockbegger Lane. very thin, stray, no collar, darting in/out of undergrowth, nervous, ran off. Horse rider felt it could have been Spider (he is very dark brown and only looks black from a distance)
- 2016-11-19 19:07 Jane
- Shared Twitter
- 2016-11-19 17:50 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Looking at the footage of the dog showing such interest at that hole in the woods I'm wondering if anyone knows of someone with one of those cameras that could be put down the hole to see if the dogs are there? Maybe someone who has a drain clearing company or something like that?
Or, as there was a sighting of Spider this morning, does anyone have a night vision camera that could be put there to see if either dog comes to that hole at any time.
It could be that George is stuck down there and Spider is still able to move around in the area coming back to the hole.
If anyone can help please call Cheri asap. Thanks.
- 2016-11-19 12:15 Nina
- 2016-11-19 12:07 MandyD
- Posted on the FB page
Spider sighted 10am today in Hemsted Forest (Tenterden Road side of forest) past Golford Junction towards Tenterden. Please join our search for both dogs now if you can.
- 2016-11-15 16:12 Cheri Hornshaw
- Yogi, Jenny Brown's K9tracker dog, led us on a route picking up our dog(s) scent. Starting and ending at the 'sighted' field where Yogi brought our attention to a tuft of white hairs on the fence (poss from George). We cooked some sausages and bacon on a portable BBQ last night (with the permission of the field owners) in an attempt to attract them to our spot. Also left a pop up pet carrier with dog pad and clothing which we checked on at first light. Grateful if dog walkers in this area keep a lookout and listen out for George and Spider along the footpaths. Advice is not to call them repeatedly as this may not be effective and may scare them in their ' survival' mode. See 'Find George and Spider' FB page post for map of area we suspect the dogs are in.
Last edited: 2016-11-15 16:15:01 by Cheri Hornshaw
- 2016-11-14 21:00 Jenny & Tiga k9tracker
- Thanks Freddie12 - I took Yogi out today just after the heavy rain and he did exceptionally well. We are pretty certain the recent sightings were Spider. If in the forest tomorrow you might smell some sausages and bacon cooking!
- 2016-11-14 09:11 Freddie12
- I'm @thedogfinder on twitter, am mass sharing, hoping that I can reach new people who will be on foot in the area and help search / put up posters. Has anyone contacted the K9 tracker Jenny/Tiga? She's had alot of succerss with similar cases this year ....Last edited: 2016-11-14 09:19:12 by Freddie12
- 2016-11-13 20:36 Cheri Hornshaw
- George and Spider Advert in Wealden Advertiser for 2nd Week is spreading the word that they are missing
- 2016-11-13 20:33 Cheri Hornshaw
- Two more sightings as follows:
Sat 05 November approx 09-10am Definite sighting SPIDER. Lady said Spider came over the bridge over the lake near Park Lane. He stopped to say hello to her dogs then walked off. Looked a bit bedraggled and wet as if he had been swimming. She didn't realise any dogs were missing. Saw the Wealden Advert today and recognised Spider. Also remembers his distinctive red collar embroidered with my mobile phone numbered an orange trim.
TODAY! Sunday 13 November 11.30am Same field as Sunday before. This time close to the Wanda's Trail Cycle Track.
- 2016-11-13 20:26 Cheri Hornshaw
- Julie thank you for your post. I have just checked out 107477. Difficult to tell from the photos so I telephoned the contact number. That dog is not neutered so I can rule that one out.
- 2016-11-13 12:07 Julie - Social Media Team, Surrey
- Could owner please check found 107477 just in case. J. x
- 2016-11-11 18:30 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thanks Jane.
There is now a large reward for the safe return of both dogs.
If you or anyone has any information or knows of Spider or George's whereabouts please contact their owners or Doglost in TOTAL CONFIDENCE.
- 2016-11-08 21:02 Jane
- Shared Twitter
- 2016-11-08 20:33 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
"ANOTHER SIGHTING (POSSIBLY SPIDER)! Residents of a farm house off the Flimwell Road, bordering Bedgebury Forest, report that they saw a dog similar to Spider's description running very quickly across their field towards the forest on Sunday morning ... This is not far from Louisa Lake and the route we last walked when the dogs went missing. The resident felt 80% certain it could be Spider. They were unaware 2 local dogs were missing on SUNDAY and thought perhaps someone was walking the dog and called it off their field. Really hopeful about this sighting and will be doing a head torch search with friends this evening. Hope evening cyclists or joggers can keep a lookout too"
Very pleased to see yet another sighting reported. This one is from yesterday so the dogs may still be nearby. Keeping everything crossed that George and Spider are in the area again and will be found very soon.Last edited: 2016-11-08 20:58:28 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2016-11-08 20:26 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Copying fm Find George and Spider Fbk page posted about 5 hrs ago:
"ALERT - NEW SIGHTING (POSSIBLY GEORGE)!... a dog that looked like George walking in the road at Golford on the Cranbrook Road at 10am on Thursday 3 November. Please everyone be on the lookout in this area. George may be able to find his way home from there. He knows Hemsted Forest well and may know his way back through Benenden Girls School to his home ... If that was George, Spider may be close by. He is more nervous and will hide from unfamiliar people. George and Spider would be able to get into Hemsted Forest from Golford. Equally they may head towards CRANBROOK, SISSINGHURST, TENTERDEN OR BENENDEN ... ....
I have informed Benenden Girls School and emailing them a poster. The ground staff are going to keep a lookout for both dogs"
At last some sightings coming in. Please keep a look out in this and surrounding areas for Spider and George. Call owner asap if seen please.
- 2016-11-07 12:38 Freddie12
- I'm @thedogfinder, will do what I can on Twitter to raise the profile. So sad that these two are still missing. Hoping for news soon x
- 2016-11-05 17:50 Cheri Hornshaw
- So sad not to have George and Spider back before all the fireworks.
- 2016-11-05 10:10 Riverlady
- Big thanx @thedogfinder plz keep tweeting to us so we can retweet.
- 2016-11-01 19:05 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Bumping this to keep George and Spider's pages together. Copying Cheri's post:
"We are taking our story to the media for publicity to get Sam's care dog back. BBC South East are interviewing me with our son Sam at our home tomorrow morning to share our story on TV at 13:30, 18:30 and possibly 22:25. The focus is going to be on Sam's special relationship with Spider and the 'care' role our very special rescue dog has taken on, helping Sam overcome the challenges of profound autism and being non verbal. Sam has joined us on 4 hour walks searching for Spider and George in Bedgebury Forest. He would stay out there all day if we let him. The upsetting part for Sam is leaving without finding Spider. We have been avoiding taking Sam on walks recently because he is finding it too distressing and finding it difficult to manage his emotions and behaviour in his struggle to understand where his 'Spider Dog' has gone"
- 2016-10-31 02:29 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- For all who are following the search for Spider and George please see all the comments on George's page. Thanks.
- 2016-10-25 08:03 Cheri Hornshaw
- Forester Ian Bromley has been in touch with the gamekeeper who has given me permission to walk in the no access land without a dog so I will be checking the area this morning. There is no shooting today or tomorrow. There are no fox snares laid. There is a large badger set in there.
- 2016-10-25 07:09 Cheri Hornshaw
- URGENT - I have had reports from daytime and evening cyclists that they can hear a strange noise (possibly a dog in distress) as cycling along the cardiac cycle trail. They report that the sound is coming from the 'no public access land'. This land is owned by David Masters and used for Pheasant Shooting. I am desperate to get contact details of the owner and gamekeeper so that they can check their land (fox snares and burrows) in case it is George and Spider trapped there. Spider is our rescue dog. We have been training him (on lead) not to react to cyclists. He has a tendency to let out a high pitch squeal as they pass. George is our clients dog. He is very fearful of the sound of gunshot and will be extremely distressed by the sound of gunshot from the pheasant shooting. The Cardiac Cycle Trail is shown on the right of this map from Louisa Lake
http://www.quenchuk.co.uk/wp-content/…/2015/07/Trail-map.pdf I spoke to Ian Bromley Forester (07881 501846). He was unable to contact the owner yesterday. I am waiting for him to reply to my text for contact numbers of the owner and the gamekeeper.
- 2016-10-24 21:04 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thanks for the update Cheri. Important to have all the info on both dogs pages in case one is found before the other.
You are doing a really good job both postering and searching. Hoping you get that all important sighting so you know where Spider and George are.
- 2016-10-24 00:43 Cheri Hornshaw
- Update on George and Spider: No news yet of any sightings but just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone that has helped so far. The support has been amazing. Bedgebury Forest Park Lane was a hive of activity all day with runners, cyclists and walkers all reading the posters, photographing them, talking about them, looking out for George and Spider. Bedgebury Stables took posters, called in to see Anne and left posters at the Bedgebury Office. Posters at Tesco, Waitrose, Charity Farm and Hartley Dyke Farm Shops. All our clients have been out walking their dogs from the main carpark and the Park Lane parking area. Spider is microchipped and logged as lost on Petlog. When trying to update George as lost it seems although he is chipped and has a number that vets have failed to record his information! So grateful for all the shares and support through Facebook and twitter. Spider is our rescue dog and George is a client's dog. Sam our 19 year old autistic son is finger spelling 'Spider' to us constantly and wants to be out looking for him all day. Spider is such an affectionate dog that likes to cuddle up and Sam has formed such a special bond with him since he has been with us these past 6 months. He has been so therapeutic for Sam. We want him back so much especially because he has had a tough time. He was found with his deceased owner and ended up in a police cell, then last chance rescue, then had to adapt to his new life with us. He loves it here out on pack walks everyday. We just hope and pray we get him back. We have been walking and caring for George for 5 years and love him to bits. He has always been my favourite. Desperate to get him back to my client and his loving family. Hope everyone can continue to help us and if they have been stolen that we all make them 'too hot to handle'. There will be an advert going in the Wealden Advertiser with a reward this coming week. Thank you all especially all the admin team at DogLost. Amazing information and support. We are so grateful x
- 2016-10-23 08:25 Riverlady
- circulating on twitter........GEORGE + SPIDER MISSING http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog-blog.php?dogId=106262#.WAxldzKZOi4 … #Bedgebury forest #TN18 Plz RT
- 2016-10-22 23:00 Sharon - Social Media Team
- I have shared with DL FB Page, Public & Twitter. I hope Spider & George are both safely back at home soon. X
- 2016-10-22 21:29 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- I've had a chat with Cheri and the photo has been changed (thanks Maggie) so that poster shows both dogs (pls refresh/reload page to see it)
Cheri and friend are still out searching and will sit in the car when they return to the car park in case the dogs follow them back there.
I've requested Twitter alerts and have Tweeted with #Bedgebury to Bedgebury connections. If you want to share my Tweets I'm Clarkey @mivvidog on there.
Fingers crossed these 2 lads are found quickly.
Last edited: 2016-10-22 21:34:11 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2016-10-22 18:26 onestopalldogs
- Fb twitter
- 2016-10-22 18:18 Jenny & Tiga k9tracker
- I have posted on our Kent Canicross page as a number of our members run in Bedgebury.
- 2016-10-22 18:17 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Copying comment fm Cheri 16.54 today:
A worrying incident at 9pm yesterday in park lane car parking area: A car drove past with youngsters 18-25. Asked if we were ok? Explained waiting for 2 dogs. Girl said they had lost a poodle. I asked name of dog. She said no name as they had just got the 10-week-old puppy. Asked what time she lost it. She said one hour ago. Conversation didn't add up. Who would be walking a 10-week-old puppy ... off lead ... in the dark. Asked how long we were staying. I said ages and they drove off. I reported our missing dogs and that incident to the police.
- 2016-10-22 17:49 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- I'm so sorry to see George and Spider have gone missing Cheri. Thanks so much MandyD for your help. I've shared to some of the Bedgebury pages (Friends of B, B Runners, B Pinetum) as well as to Doglost East Sussex and my pages.
Cheri: The incident you mention does sound strange and I hope that does not mean stolen but good to hear that you have reported this to the Police. Please would you let me have the incident, CRN or report number they gave you (you have my email address now)
In the light of this I would suggest you make these 2 TOO HOT TOO HANDLE which means getting loads and loads of posters out everywhere and anywhere you can think of. The more the better and in places where a lot of people will see them. Also get all of your friends sharing on Fbk and Tweeting as well. It all helps to make them too hot to handle very quickly.
I've sent you our Doglost email to help with your search.
Hoping you have some positive news soon. Very best of luck with your search.
- 2016-10-22 14:48 SpringerMad - Area Volunteer, East Sussex
- Shared both dogs. Hope you hear some news soon.
- 2016-10-22 14:37 Cheri Hornshaw
- Spider is wearing a red collar with phone number embroidered on and address details on the catch
- 2016-10-22 14:07 Alison - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Email alerts sent to postcodes TN17,TN18,TN19,TN32